PDA

View Full Version : Broncos’ Bailey says Tebow is special player

Denver Native (Carol)
10-20-2011, 09:35 PM
We’ll presume that Champ Bailey has seen almost everything there is to see in the NFL over 13-plus seasons. What he hasn’t seen is anything, or rather anyone, quite like Tim Tebow.

Even as Bailey claimed his seat on the Tebow bandwagon, the words of the six-time All-Pro and 10-time Pro Bowl cornerback carry some significant weight.

“Tebow is a special kind of a player; I’ve never seen a player like him in my whole career,” Bailey said on “NFL Total Access” on Thursday. “So it’s going to be interesting to see what happens, and I’m going to give it all I’ve got for the guy. I know he’s going to be out there giving it 110 (percent), so I’m going to go 120. That’s just the way I see it.”

rest - http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/10/20/broncos-bailey-says-tebow-is-special-player/?module=HP11_content_stream
(video on link)

BroncoStud
10-20-2011, 09:43 PM
High praise from a future first ballot Hall of Famer.

Davii
10-20-2011, 09:53 PM
High praise from a future first ballot Hall of Famer.

Certainly is. Champ isn't one to talk poorly of others, but he's not one to throw out praise just for the hell of it either. Definitely glad to hear something like this from Champ, means more than any analyst to me. I really hope Tebow pans out and lives up to his enormous potential.

camdisco24
10-20-2011, 10:27 PM
Tebow is already the "Greatest Human Being" and I really hope he becomes the "Greatest Broncos QB (of this decade)".

Great read, and great to hear Champ throwing out some praise for Tebow.

Lancane
10-20-2011, 10:35 PM
"Slowik is the greatest defensive coordinator I have ever played for" - Champ Bailey.

Look, I hope Tebow can truly conform to an NFL quarterback, like McNair did. I'm sure that all people (Not named Hodge or Kiper) can agree that there is something special about him, even Brandon Lloyd said there was something unique about him, something special. All I'm saying is to take it with a grain of salt..the statement, it's nothing new. He needs to prove it, and let's just hope that Mike McCoy isn't Tebow's career kryptonite.

I Eat Staples
10-21-2011, 12:42 AM
Certainly is. Champ isn't one to talk poorly of others, but he's not one to throw out praise just for the hell of it either. Definitely glad to hear something like this from Champ, means more than any analyst to me. I really hope Tebow pans out and lives up to his enormous potential.

Well, he did praise Slowik, McDaniels and Orton...

Bullgator
10-21-2011, 01:57 AM
"Slowik is the greatest defensive coordinator I have ever played for" - Champ Bailey.

Look, I hope Tebow can truly conform to an NFL quarterback, like McNair did. I'm sure that all people (Not named Hodge or Kiper) can agree that there is something special about him, even Brandon Lloyd said there was something unique about him, something special. All I'm saying is to take it with a grain of salt..the statement, it's nothing new. He needs to prove it, and let's just hope that Mike McCoy isn't Tebow's career kryptonite.

screw "hope"... "I hope this, I hope that.." grow some balls and believe already you puss :D

anyone can cheer AFTER a player is great. NOW is the time to have some foresight and invest some emotion into Tebow. I PROMISE its much for fun than making your sodium skyrocket with all the damn grains of salt your talking everyday of your life.

Shananahan
10-21-2011, 02:31 AM
I'm still convinced this was an inside joke by Champ. It's a pretty backhanded compliment, when you look at the list.

Lancane
10-21-2011, 05:23 AM
I'm still convinced this was an inside joke by Champ. It's a pretty backhanded compliment, when you look at the list.

Bailey compliments everybody, he's just like that...but even then that is one bold ass comment, backhanded or otherwise.

He has a tendency to say good things about everybody, even the ******** that pulled the extension contract from the table...McNumbnuts.

Lancane
10-21-2011, 05:32 AM
screw "hope"... "I hope this, I hope that.." grow some balls and believe already you puss :D

anyone can cheer AFTER a player is great. NOW is the time to have some foresight and invest some emotion into Tebow. I PROMISE its much for fun than making your sodium skyrocket with all the damn grains of salt your talking everyday of your life.

Well, my balls are just fine...I'm sure if you want to inspect them you'll come to the same conclusion, but thanks for your concern, truly it's touching.

I'm not asking for him to be great, so your statement is seething with assumption...I didn't expect greatness from Cutler. What I expect is for him to prove that he's more then a name, I don't give a F' what Gator fans believe, this isn't Gainesville, this isn't collegiate football, this is a whole other animal. And we've seen too many great prospects become utter disappointments at this level, especially other prospects from the same said school. If he plays like he did in that last pre-season game, then I'll start to believe. If he plays how he did against Oakland last season, well then he'll still have a ways to go before I won't um...how did you put that? Be a puss!

;)

FlyByU
10-21-2011, 07:41 AM
I hope Tebow can truly conform to an NFL quarterback

I hope he doesn't conform and he starts or sets a new trend and makes his own style of play and proves that you don't have to be like Tom, Dick, & Harry to play QB in the NFL. I hope he plays his style and shuts the mouths of the critics with his very own style of play and it is so over whelming that they say oppp's we got a bad case of foot in mouth...

So to make it clear I hope he breaks the mode and proves you don't have to be the perfect prototype QB to play the game.

Champ has always said good things about Tebow and I feel Orton lost the Locker room last year when they finished the season with Tebow as QB. IMO and many in the locker room off record I am sure felt the same as the majority of fans did when Orton started. I think you will see a better football team as a whole out there just because majority of the team feel Tebow is the best chance to win but I am sure they are told to keep there opinions to themselves when things aren't the way they should be.

vettesplus
10-21-2011, 09:00 AM
Tebow is already the "Greatest Human Being" and I really hope he becomes the "Greatest Broncos QB (of this decade)".

Great read, and great to hear Champ throwing out some praise for Tebow.

its not going to take much of a qb to be the best of this decade......:lol:

BroncoNut
10-21-2011, 09:03 AM
special as in shortbus special? Great, just what we need.

ydave77
10-21-2011, 09:15 AM
I love Champ, but this is his typical interview.

Please see Champs comments on McD, Slowik, Orton, Lonnie Paxton, Thunder the mascot, the peanut vendor in section 7...

Not slamming Champ, he should support his teammates, and coaches, but I also don't read into it so much...

Edit: Just read Lancane's post. So umm I guess ditto, is what I should have posted.

camdisco24
10-21-2011, 09:20 AM
its not going to take much of a qb to be the best of this decade......:lol:

I know, just wanted to be clear that Elway will ALWAYS be the best Bronco QB of ALL TIME.

Thnikkaman
10-21-2011, 09:31 AM
I had a dream about the Broncos last night in which the players told me, WE WILL WIN

Northman
10-21-2011, 09:44 AM
I hope he doesn't conform and he starts or sets a new trend and makes his own style of play and proves that you don't have to be like Tom, Dick, & Harry to play QB in the NFL. I hope he plays his style and shuts the mouths of the critics with his very own style of play and it is so over whelming that they say oppp's we got a bad case of foot in mouth...

So to make it clear I hope he breaks the mode and proves you don't have to be the perfect prototype QB to play the game.

I want Tebow to succeed just as much as anybody but i dont see him changing the QB position. Its a passing league, the QB's that are more "run oriented" struggle when it matters while the premier passers go on to win championships. The only thing i want from Tebow is to prove his critics wrong by becoming a passer ala next Steve Young.

Ravage!!!
10-21-2011, 10:07 AM
I want Tebow to succeed just as much as anybody but i dont see him changing the QB position. Its a passing league, the QB's that are more "run oriented" struggle when it matters while the premier passers go on to win championships. The only thing i want from Tebow is to prove his critics wrong by becoming a passer ala next Steve Young.

Yeah. I kinda get tired of hearing this "he's going to change the position" junk. He's not. We HAVE seen QBs with his skillset before in the NFL, and it didn't change the league. The NFL WANTS it to be a passing league. The owners WANT their top Dollar QB to be the face of the franchise, but they have to stay healthy to do it. Thats why the rules are centered around passing, and protecting the passer.... not the runner.

Vince Young has the same skill set. We aren't seeing something new and revolutionary from Tebow... I wish some would get that through their heads. I TRULY hope that Tebow grows into the QB we NEED him to be.

Jsteve01
10-21-2011, 11:16 AM
Yeah. I kinda get tired of hearing this "he's going to change the position" junk. He's not. We HAVE seen QBs with his skillset before in the NFL, and it didn't change the league. The NFL WANTS it to be a passing league. The owners WANT their top Dollar QB to be the face of the franchise, but they have to stay healthy to do it. Thats why the rules are centered around passing, and protecting the passer.... not the runner.

Vince Young has the same skill set. We aren't seeing something new and revolutionary from Tebow... I wish some would get that through their heads. I TRULY hope that Tebow grows into the QB we NEED him to be.

this

Northman
10-21-2011, 11:22 AM

Not only that but look at Cam Newton. He was a big runner in College also but since starting in the NFL he is doing more passing than running which is the right way to go.

T.K.O.
10-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Take the compliments with a grain of salt....BUT, the most important part of Champs statement is " i know he's going to give 110% every play, so i'll go 120"

that's exactly what this team has been missing and a his remarks tell me that he feels Tebows predecessor may have been giving less than his all.:salute:

NightTerror218
10-21-2011, 12:44 PM
well he may help bridge gap with youngsters and the Vets

I Eat Staples
10-21-2011, 01:04 PM

I do admire your willingness to go out on a limb, I've never been one for the on the fence approach myself. But my foresight tells me Tebow is going to be a bust in this league, so we're going to have to be on opposite sides of the fence until one of us is proven wrong. :beer: