PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis Cardinals

drewloc
10-20-2011, 04:35 PM
I know I'm definitely going to be in the minority here, but I grew up a Cards fan, even have an Autographed Ozzie Smith Jersey, and a couple old films of the great Bob Gibson and Stan Musial. I've found that it's hard to watch all 162 games during the year, but come October I love watching the playoffs, and not just the ones my team plays in. Well here's to all the great teams this year, I hope the Cards can take this one! :beer:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-20-2011, 05:16 PM
I have nothing against the Cardinals, but with Texas never winning a WS, I would like to see them win one.

sneakers
10-20-2011, 11:16 PM
:mad:

CoachChaz
10-21-2011, 08:08 AM
I grew up near Baltimore and Philly and those are my teams, but I've always been a bit of a Cards and Rangers fan simply based on the locations my mom's side of the family lived in. Having lived in Texas for 17 years now, I can say I'm a Rangers fan (as long as they arent playing the O's or Phils). Most of my family outside of TX and PA will be upset about it, but...GO RANGERS!!

I'll actually be at game 4 on Sunday thanks to a generous friend with more money than sense.

Broncogator
10-22-2011, 02:48 AM
Saint Louis is a great baseball town! I was lucky enough to grow up with the 1982 series win and get to experience the 85 I-70 series (screw you Don Dinkenger)..and then get beat again in 87..2006 was awesome, got to see a win in my adult life..this go around is just unexpected but the fans here couldn't be more loud or proud! Love me some Broncos..but when it comes to baseball I'm birds on the bat all the way!!

BroncoBJ
10-22-2011, 03:10 AM
I grew up near Baltimore and Philly and those are my teams, but I've always been a bit of a Cards and Rangers fan simply based on the locations my mom's side of the family lived in. Having lived in Texas for 17 years now, I can say I'm a Rangers fan (as long as they arent playing the O's or Phils). Most of my family outside of TX and PA will be upset about it, but...GO RANGERS!!

I'll actually be at game 4 on Sunday thanks to a generous friend with more money than sense.

How many baseball teams do you have?

FanInAZ
10-22-2011, 03:43 AM
I'm a marginal baseball fan who does root for my hometown D-Backs, but have limited interest after they lose. I am happy the Rangers stopped the Yankees from purchasing another WS title because it adds legitimacy to a sport where the largest market teams have the most unfair advantage over the smaller market teams compared to the other pro leagues. College football is just about as bad with its BCS system, but now I'm getting off topic.

I would like to see the Rangers win this year because they never have won it all.

Nomad
10-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Albert Pujols is a bad mofo when it comes to hitting a baseball!!!!:salute:

Broncolingus
10-23-2011, 06:11 PM
Don't worry, Drew...I'm pulling for the Rangers so go ahead and just get your Cards World Champion memorabilia now.

Nomad
10-23-2011, 06:17 PM
Don't worry, Drew...I'm pulling for the Rangers so go ahead and just get your Cards World Champion memorabilia now.

How's it going linguis! I miss the bam boom bam! :salute:

drewloc
10-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Well this series has been entertaining for sure. Tonight is a definite must win for the Cards, I'm stoked, because all the experts picked against us for the most part. I love rooting for the underdog and it just happens to be my team!
On a side note, I hope they find some way to keep Pujols in town, that guy is one of, if not the top, hitters in all of baseball.

drewloc
10-28-2011, 11:47 AM
That game last night was amazing, can't believe that emotional roller coaster. Easily the best WS game I've seen! Game 7 tonight!

CoachChaz
10-28-2011, 01:26 PM
Depends on your point of view. I thought last night was one of the sloppiest and poorly managed Games I've seen in a long time. YES...the players need to execute, but the manager has to make better choices when it comes to the bullpen.

It's hard to knock a guy that has been to the last 2 world series, but I've had a problem with Washington's bullpen choices for 3 years. he makes some interesting decisions

Dzone
10-28-2011, 02:30 PM
After Josh Hamiltons HR I said "Its over" and went to bed..LOL Will watch the whole game tonight...Go Cards!

CoachChaz
10-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Well this series has been entertaining for sure. Tonight is a definite must win for the Cards, I'm stoked, because all the experts picked against us for the most part. I love rooting for the underdog and it just happens to be my team!
On a side note, I hope they find some way to keep Pujols in town, that guy is one of, if not the top, hitters in all of baseball.

I dont think there is any question. He is the top hitter today and the best in the past 20 years. He'll easily be in the same conversation as the greats of all time when it's all said and done.

As far as him staying in STL. They have the inside track. Any raise he gets is added to what they already pay him. Most of the teams that could afford him already have that position filled...(NYY, BOS, PHI). The Cubs could maybe do it and I think Epstein would like to make a splash and the Rangers oddly enough are up there, but they have some contracts they have to take care of in-house before they look at Pujols or Fielder. Plus, they need a pitcher if CJ leaves.

So I really think the Cubs are the only legitimate threat. That being said...I expect to see King Albert back in STL

Nomad
10-28-2011, 09:08 PM
Great home run rob by that left fielder for the Cardinals! Leftfielders rock!:cool:

Nomad
10-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Texass will lose!:lol:

OrangeHoof
10-28-2011, 11:03 PM
Great home run rob by that left fielder for the Cardinals! Leftfielders rock!:cool:

The irony was that Matt Holliday was their regular LF and he doesn't make that catch but because Beltre knocked him out of Game 6, the Cardinals had a more capable fielder out there - one who hit a home run and scored twice.

That's baseball.

Congrats to the Cards.

sneakers
10-29-2011, 12:45 AM
I still hate them, and they are cheaters, and they shit their pants on a regular basis.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-29-2011, 02:43 PM
I wanted the Rangers to win the series, as they never have before, but I was afraid they could not win game 7, after the way game 6 went - they were so close to being champions. Mentally, that was hard to overcome.

Fullback32
11-01-2011, 04:33 PM
I am a Rangers fan from way back. I remember them coming to town back in 1972 (yes, I am a dallas native). I was 10 years old at the time, but they instantly became my team. Hometown effect I suppose.

I remember the 100 loss season, having only one good pitcher in any given season (Gaylor Perry, Charlie Hough, Nolan Ryan, Kenny Rogers), dealing with the likes Billy Martin/Jose Canseco/A-Rod, sitting in the bleachers that blistering hot Arlington Stadium, showing up for free beer/bat/cap/hard hat/ball/concert/"Beat the Yankees Hankee" nights, seeing us get swept three times in the 90s in the ALDS by the Yankees...talk about long suffering. Okay, so I'm not a Cubs fan. But dang it, the Rangers owe us one! And to get that close in Game 6 just made me sick to my stomach.

Nolan needs to go raid the National League for some pitchers who can take the pressure.

CoachChaz
11-01-2011, 04:55 PM
I am a Rangers fan from way back. I remember them coming to town back in 1972 (yes, I am a dallas native). I was 10 years old at the time, but they instantly became my team. Hometown effect I suppose.

I remember the 100 loss season, having only one good pitcher in any given season (Gaylor Perry, Charlie Hough, Nolan Ryan, Kenny Rogers), dealing with the likes Billy Martin/Jose Canseco/A-Rod, sitting in the bleachers that blistering hot Arlington Stadium, showing free beer/bat/cap/hard hat/ball/concert/"Beat the Yankees Hankee" nights, seeing us get swept three times in the 90s in the ALDS by the Yankees...talk about long suffering. Okay, so I'm not a Cubs fan. But dang it, the Rangers owe us one! And to get that close in Game 6 just made me sick to my stomach.

Nolan needs to go raid the National League for some pitchers who can take the pressure.

Oswalt is an option, but...Napoli, Cruz, Feliz, Andrus, Harrison and a slew of others need contracts first. And Hamilton needs an extension.

Hope they plan on spending some money from the new TV deal.

Ravage!!!
11-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Whooooot Cardinals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Used to watch Freese on a regular basis when he was on the Springfield Cardinals. ELEVENTH in 2011 baby! I almost went to game five in Texas... but game 6 was one of the best games I've ever seen!

ShaneFalco
04-15-2012, 09:01 PM
THE RALLY SQUIRREL LIVES FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/cardinals-put-rally-squirrel-world-series-ring-160249382.html

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/xwIh9dn4X83DdM3yqQIQpA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTMxMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusmlbexperts/cardinalsringsquirrell041412.jpg