PDA

View Full Version : Royal Expects to Play, Denies Trade Rumors

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2011, 07:35 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – The rumors of Brandon Lloyd’s departure via trade came to pass. The rumors regarding fellow wide receiver Eddie Royal did not, and he isn’t certain how they began in the first place.

“I never requested a trade. I don’t know where that came from,” he said at his locker-room stall after Wednesday’s practice.

“There’s a lot of sides to the business part of this game that I really don’t know about, but I’m happy being here, I love being a Denver Bronco and I’m excited to go play Miami.”

http://www.maxdenver.com/news/2011/10/19/royal-expects-to-play-denies-trade-rumors/

Ziggy
10-19-2011, 07:54 PM
Good to hear, but I still think Eddie plays for a different team in 2012.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Good to hear, but I still think Eddie plays for a different team in 2012.

Maybe, but it's not like he's going to command a big contract. He knows the offense and is pretty reliable. Cheaper to keep him than to let him walk, have to draft/sign a FA to replace him and then spend the time to get him up to speed. Eddie may never be a probowler, but he's definitely good enough for the #3 WR spot. If we pay him as such, I hope we keep him.

Ziggy
10-19-2011, 08:00 PM
Maybe, but it's not like he's going to command a big contract. He knows the offense and is pretty reliable. Cheaper to keep him than to let him walk, have to draft/sign a FA to replace him and then spend the time to get him up to speed. Eddie may never be a probowler, but he's definitely good enough for the #3 WR spot. If we pay him as such, I hope we keep him.

I agree HP, but only if he re-signs for a moderate to low contract. I think a team will overpay for him in the offseason. He can play outside, slot, and brings some skill in the kick return game.

DenBronx
10-19-2011, 08:02 PM
Now I feel like a total doush bag for calling him out about wanting to be traded.

Seems like everyone in the media is full of total BS nowdays.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-20-2011, 01:18 AM
I still love Eddie, but I suspect he's not being honest. Denying it once the trade deadline passes is a bit insincere.

FlyByU
10-20-2011, 04:45 AM
I feel that if Royal doesn't get back to the way he was his Rookie year at least he needs to go and open the slot for someone who can play better and more reliable.

MileHighCrew
10-20-2011, 06:46 AM
I wish he would have denied the trade rumour request before the deadline and not after it didn't happen and he will be here until the end of the season.
Just seems flakey to say it after knowing you will have to answer to it for weeks.

Northman
10-20-2011, 06:55 AM
Now I feel like a total doush bag for calling him out about wanting to be traded.

Seems like everyone in the media is full of total BS nowdays.

It really is irresponsible reporting. The fanbase is already on edge with the way the team is playing, decision making, etc. To have the media put out false claims vs a player doesnt help matters any.

Northman
10-20-2011, 06:57 AM
I wish he would have denied the trade rumour request before the deadline and not after it didn't happen and he will be here until the end of the season.
Just seems flakey to say it after knowing you will have to answer to it for weeks.

To be fair, it wasnt like the rumour was going around weeks before the deadline. It was only like a matter of hours when it was reported.

MileHighCrew
10-20-2011, 07:20 AM
To be fair, it wasnt like the rumour was going around weeks before the deadline. It was only like a matter of hours when it was reported.

It was a full day before the deadline and I am sure any of the Denver media would have taken his call to deny it

BroncoStud
10-20-2011, 07:33 AM
I smell BS from Royal. I'm pretty sure that every member of the local Denver media called Royal's agent when they announced he was seeking a trade to confirm it or not. It would have been VERY easy for him to deny this accusation at that time.

Coming out after the trade deadline to deny it is even more compelling.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-20-2011, 07:59 AM
I smell BS from Royal. I'm pretty sure that every member of the local Denver media called Royal's agent when they announced he was seeking a trade to confirm it or not. It would have been VERY easy for him to deny this accusation at that time.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos were shopping him before the deadline and that somehow turned out to be that he'd "asked for" a trade. Is it a little suspicious that he waited until after the deadline to deny it? Yes. But I'll take Eddie's word for it over the media who will print anything, true or not, to generate buzz and are more often getting their info from fans on twitter and message boards like this one.

Seriously, Tned needs to just start creating articles that state his "sources say" and then make up ridiculous claims about the Broncos and see how fast they hit the local media and spread like wildfire on the web. At this point, I don't even believe Schefter anymore. The only time you can really take anything at face value is when the Broncos officially make a press release.

The Glue Factory
10-20-2011, 09:15 AM
It was even reported as rumor, if I recall. Well, rumors are about as accurate as midievel science and full of speculation. Just like the Cutler trade the truth will get out but it may take a while before it does.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Royal's facebook page was blowing up. He knew full well what was going on Monday.

Northman
10-20-2011, 12:27 PM
It was a full day before the deadline and I am sure any of the Denver media would have taken his call to deny it

If he was even paying attention to the media to begin with.

slim
10-20-2011, 12:28 PM

It is pretty clear that his agent was asking around. Eddie can try and distance himself from that if he wants, but he is only fooling himself.

Northman
10-20-2011, 12:28 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos were shopping him before the deadline and that somehow turned out to be that he'd "asked for" a trade. Is it a little suspicious that he waited until after the deadline to deny it? Yes. But I'll take Eddie's word for it over the media who will print anything, true or not, to generate buzz and are more often getting their info from fans on twitter and message boards like this one.

Seriously, Tned needs to just start creating articles that state his "sources say" and then make up ridiculous claims about the Broncos and see how fast they hit the local media and spread like wildfire on the web. At this point, I don't even believe Schefter anymore. The only time you can really take anything at face value is when the Broncos officially make a press release.

^This

Im surprised that some are so eager and quick to label Royal a liar when the guy has been nothing but a class act so far in his career.

slim
10-20-2011, 12:29 PM
^This

Im surprised that some are so eager and quick to label Royal a liar when the guy has been nothing but a class act so far in his career.

Either Eddie is lying or Mike Klis is lying.

I don't think Klis has any reason to lie about it.

Northman
10-20-2011, 12:30 PM
Royal's facebook page was blowing up. He knew full well what was going on Monday.

I think Royal has more important things to do rather than spend it on the internet 24/7 like the rest of us. :lol:

Northman
10-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Either Eddie is lying or Mike Klis is lying.

I don't think Klis has any reason to lie about it.

Maybe.

But like HP said, ill take the player's word (or at least this player's word) over a media type looking for a quick story. Judging by how wrong the media has been so far this year on any number of things im not sold that even a guy like Klis is perfect in reporting.

GEM
10-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Eddie Royal is a Bronco. At this point, it don't matter if did or he did not. He did not get traded. So get healthy and get out there and make some plays for the Denver Broncos, Eddie. :)

T.K.O.
10-20-2011, 12:46 PM
Royal said he "never requested a trade" that does'nt mean teams were not asking or the Broncos were not looking.
i believe Eddie is sincere ...why does it matter again?:D

Tned
10-20-2011, 02:00 PM
Any coincidence that Royal and Orton both have the same agent and that both of them were reported to have asked for trades, but then the players denied that they made request?

I don't know, but I just heard on the radio that they have the same agent.

MileHighCrew
10-20-2011, 05:29 PM
If he was even paying attention to the media to begin with.

If he wasn't and his agent wasn't (which is his job) and his mom wasn't and none of his teammates were and the internet was broken and he didn't pay his cable bill and his phone was dead... I guess he wouldn't have known about it. :beer:

BroncoStud
10-20-2011, 09:47 PM
Eddie Royal is a Bronco. At this point, it don't matter if did or he did not. He did not get traded. So get healthy and get out there and make some plays for the Denver Broncos, Eddie. :)

Travis Henry was a Bronco once too. Doesn't mean it was a good thing...

If the dude asked to be traded, which it's pretty obvious that he did, send his ass packing in the offseason.