PDA

View Full Version : Florida favorite Tebow helps Dolphins' sagging ticket sales

Magnificent Seven
10-19-2011, 04:21 PM
MIAMI -- Tim Tebow is giving the winless Miami Dolphins a welcome boost in ticket sales.

Tebow will make his first start of the season Sunday when the Denver Broncos play at Miami, and Dolphins CEO Mike Dee said he's optimistic the game will be a sellout.

More than 10,000 tickets have been sold since Tebow was promoted to the starting job last week, Dee said Wednesday.

Read the full article here: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/15764461/florida-favorite-tebow-helps-dolphins-sagging-ticket-sales

Ravage!!!
10-19-2011, 04:27 PM
so are there players from that 2008 team, that are now on OTHER NFL teams, going to be there?

vandammage13
10-19-2011, 04:46 PM
so are there players from that 2008 team, that are now on OTHER NFL teams, going to be there?

I think one of the Pouncey twins is on the Dolphins...So he'll be there.

NightTerror218
10-19-2011, 06:55 PM
I think one of the Pouncey twins is on the Dolphins...So he'll be there.

the smaller not as good one....lol

maybe twins but i think the Pouncy on the steelers is bigger and better.

Dont forget 10,000 Gator/Tebow fans in Orange and Blue will be there lol.

Ziggy
10-19-2011, 07:57 PM
The Dolphins owner was a fool not to trade for Tebow when he had the chance. The extra ticket sales alone would have paid his salary and then some, and given a floundering franchise some hope. Now Tebow can bring that hope to Denver.

lgenf
10-19-2011, 09:22 PM
Dont forget 10,000 Gator/Tebow fans in Orange and Blue will be there lol.

wifey and I will be there but our orange and blue is Bronco colored

lgenf
10-19-2011, 09:26 PM
The Dolphins owner was a fool not to trade for Tebow when he had the chance. The extra ticket sales alone would have paid his salary and then some, and given a floundering franchise some hope. Now Tebow can bring that hope to Denver.

Actually the Jags were idiots to not take him in the draft

It's the kids home town, the jags had no FQB and even cut Gerrard this year

They have crappy and falling season tix sales

And in that part of the state they would have added an instant 20k season tix sales with him just on the damn roster

BeefStew25
10-19-2011, 10:20 PM
Totally not true.

FlyByU
10-20-2011, 04:27 AM
Read the full article here: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/15764461/florida-favorite-tebow-helps-dolphins-sagging-ticket-sales

Pretty sad when an opposing team gives your stadium a sale-out.

I bet that Mile High will be full the next game depending on how well the team does. If anything like the 2nd half of the Chargers game it will be full I bet.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-20-2011, 09:50 AM
Pretty sad when an opposing team gives your stadium a sale-out.

I bet that Mile High will be full the next game depending on how well the team does. If anything like the 2nd half of the Chargers game it will be full I bet.

The Jags are used to it, anyway. The only time they sell out is when they play the Steelers or Colts at home anymore. Every Jags game I've been to (probably go 2-3 times a year) probably 1/3 of the stadium is usually rooting for the other team. Pretty sad.

NightTerror218
10-20-2011, 02:28 PM
Actually the Jags were idiots to not take him in the draft

It's the kids home town, the jags had no FQB and even cut Gerrard this year

They have crappy and falling season tix sales

And in that part of the state they would have added an instant 20k season tix sales with him just on the damn roster

Several teams were looking at him, but most though he would make it out of 1st round or be near very bottom.

FlyByU
10-20-2011, 04:02 PM
The Jags are used to it, anyway. The only time they sell out is when they play the Steelers or Colts at home anymore. Every Jags game I've been to (probably go 2-3 times a year) probably 1/3 of the stadium is usually rooting for the other team. Pretty sad.

I can't figure out why the Jags didn't trade up for Tebow then start him. They would have had no problems with ticket sales they sure messed up there. Also might have had a winning record right now.

Rex
10-20-2011, 04:12 PM
Helmet

Denver Native (Carol)
10-20-2011, 06:17 PM
MIAMI (AP)—Tim Tebow’s popularity hasn’t been enough for the winless Miami Dolphins to sell out Sunday’s game, so they’ve agreed to buy any remaining tickets to avert a television blackout in South Florida.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-broncos-dolphinstickets

lgenf
10-21-2011, 11:25 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-broncos-dolphinstickets

It was reported today on ESPN that since Tebow was announced as the starter for the Broncos this week, that the fins have sold over 20K tix.

Now I don't know what they would normally sell over that time frame, but I have to believe that an 0-5 team playing a 1-4 team isn't a big draw.

Add to that, the fins announced weeks ago that they were having the Gator National Champ rally (in an effort to boost sales) so I am guessing that some Gator alum or fans already had their tix for this one.

There just might be more fans cheering for Denver in that stadium then the Fins............

Tebow = Good For Business