PDA

View Full Version : Broncos practice with full squad for 1st time all season

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2011, 02:21 PM
For the first time all season, the Broncos had every player on their 53-man roster participating in practice when they took the field today.

Safety Brian Dawkins, the only player who didn't participate in Monday's session, returned to the field as the Broncos prepared for Sunday's game at Miami, which will mark the first start of the season by quarterback Tim Tebow.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19147561

Davii
10-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Good news! Hopefully they can stay healthy too. A healthy roster combined with a little easier string of games makes me think we might win a few over the next few weeks.

How long has it been since we've seen back to back wins?

Lancane
10-19-2011, 02:42 PM
It's about damn time, felt like we'd never have a fully healthy squad...let's just hope it stays that way. And it should be a big help to Tebow that D. Thomas and J. Thomas should both be ready to play in Miami.

broncobryce
10-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Tebow starts, and everyone is magically healthy. Coincidence? I think not....

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

hotcarl
10-19-2011, 02:49 PM
cant wait to see what Quan Cosby can do in a mccoy system

Lancane
10-19-2011, 02:56 PM

You looking for a miracle Carl?

Mike McCoy can barely tie his own shoes, let alone run an offense properly.

Ziggy
10-19-2011, 03:02 PM

You looking for a miracle Carl?

Mike McCoy can barely tie his own shoes, let alone run an offense properly.

http://mahakhalid.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/hook-line-sinker.gif?w=300&h=300

vandammage13
10-19-2011, 03:13 PM
Hey, now TT critics will have another excuse after the Broncos look better the next few weeks.

T.K.O.
10-19-2011, 04:47 PM
:salute:i did'nt notice anything easy about the schedule for the next few weeks:confused:
which ones are easy for a 1-4 team switching QB's mid season ?
7 Sun, Oct 23 @Miami 1:00 PM CBS
8 Sun, Oct 30 vsDetroit 4:05 PM FOX
9 Sun, Nov 6 @Oakland 4:05 PM CBS
10 Sun, Nov 13 @Kansas City 1:00 PM CBS
11 Thu, Nov 17 vsNew York 8:20 PM NFL
12 Sun, Nov 27 @San Diego 4:15 PM CBS
13 Sun, Dec 4 @Minnesota 4:05 PM CBS
14 Sun, Dec 11 vsChicago 4:05 PM FOX
15 Sun, Dec 18 vsNew England 4:15 PM CBS
16 Sat, Dec 24 @Buffalo 1:00 PM CBS
17 Sun, Jan 1 vsKansas City 4:15 PM CBS

i see some wins....but there really is no easy stretch.
even this weeks game is a must win for sparano ( or it's rumored he'll be canned if they lose to the broncos at home) and his team likes him.
we are facing an angry brandon marshall with an axe to grind and we just shipped our circus catch WR out of town.
Oakland is vastly improved,SD forgot to have a slow start this year and KC is getting back on track after winning the division last year.
add new england , a hot detroit team and the return of Cutler to mile high to the mix and.....looks pretty brutal to me.

all that aside i expect Tebow to win at least 9 more games:beer::elefant::salute:

Dean
10-19-2011, 08:20 PM
:salute:i did'nt notice anything easy about the schedule for the next few weeks:confused:
which ones are easy for a 1-4 team switching QB's mid season ?
7 Sun, Oct 23 @Miami 1:00 PM CBS
8 Sun, Oct 30 vsDetroit 4:05 PM FOX
9 Sun, Nov 6 @Oakland 4:05 PM CBS
10 Sun, Nov 13 @Kansas City 1:00 PM CBS
11 Thu, Nov 17 vsNew York 8:20 PM NFL
12 Sun, Nov 27 @San Diego 4:15 PM CBS
13 Sun, Dec 4 @Minnesota 4:05 PM CBS
14 Sun, Dec 11 vsChicago 4:05 PM FOX
15 Sun, Dec 18 vsNew England 4:15 PM CBS
16 Sat, Dec 24 @Buffalo 1:00 PM CBS
17 Sun, Jan 1 vsKansas City 4:15 PM CBS

i see some wins....but there really is no easy stretch.
even this weeks game is a must win for sparano ( or it's rumored he'll be canned if they lose to the broncos at home) and his team likes him.
we are facing an angry brandon marshall with an axe to grind and we just shipped our circus catch WR out of town.
Oakland is vastly improved,SD forgot to have a slow start this year and KC is getting back on track after winning the division last year.
add new england , a hot detroit team and the return of Cutler to mile high to the mix and.....looks pretty brutal to me.

all that aside i expect Tebow to win at least 9 more games:beer::elefant::salute:

Over how many years?:confused:

FlyByU
10-20-2011, 04:43 AM
Tebow starts, and everyone is magically healthy. Coincidence? I think not....

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

I agree it does sound very strange almost like High School Football except then people just quite the team and never come back again.

I sure hope Dawkins can end the year on the field and playing like he use to. I like him a lot and hope he can finish out one more good year, but he is killing the D on Coverage this year. Great against the run as usual but in coverage awful. I think he is just getting to old and slow to keep up anymore. I will still wear my Dawkins Jersey proudly though he is a good guy and gave a lot of good years to the fans.

Juriga72
10-20-2011, 07:22 AM
I bet last years Green Bay team with its 11 starters on IR winning the Super Bowl.... really feels for us "Practicing wiht a full team for the first time this year"...

WHO cares... injuries happen. Suck it up boys and play the damn game

LordTrychon
10-20-2011, 07:37 AM
I bet last years Green Bay team with its 11 starters on IR winning the Super Bowl.... really feels for us "Practicing wiht a full team for the first time this year"...

WHO cares... injuries happen. Suck it up boys and play the damn game

I don't think anyone asked for sympathy or made excuses.

They have been sucking it up and playing the damn game.

I don't remember any complaints out of coaches or players... though I'm sure it's come up.

In the end, it's good news for our team to be getting more players healthy. Since we like our team, that's a good thing.

Juriga72
10-20-2011, 07:42 AM
I don't think anyone asked for sympathy or made excuses.

They have been sucking it up and playing the damn game.

I don't remember any complaints out of coaches or players... though I'm sure it's come up.

In the end, it's good news for our team to be getting more players healthy. Since we like our team, that's a good thing.

I beg to differ...Lord.

MANY here have used the "injury excuse" for all sorts of reasons as to why we have sucked lately. Right now... there are many teams who have much worse injury problems than we do and guess what... THEY are winning.

I am just tired of excuses that are made for poor play. thats all

BroncoStud
10-20-2011, 07:55 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I expect BIG things.

Krugan
10-20-2011, 08:05 AM
I beg to differ...Lord.

MANY here have used the "injury excuse" for all sorts of reasons as to why we have sucked lately. Right now... there are many teams who have much worse injury problems than we do and guess what... THEY are winning.

There are few teams around with the lack of depth as the Broncos, so claiming that "worse injury problems" is a little lacking.

If we had more than a handful of quality players, I would agree with you though.

BroncoStud
10-20-2011, 08:18 AM
I beg to differ...Lord.

Half of our "starters" wouldn't be primary backups for other teams. :laugh:

It's hard to win when consistently when you lack overall talent. But I still stand by my belief that a MAJOR part of our struggles is the lack of playmaking ability at the QB position.

Orton got yanked and I think we will be better, but how much better? I guess we'll find out.

Juriga72
10-20-2011, 08:24 AM
There are few teams around with the lack of depth as the Broncos, so claiming that "worse injury problems" is a little lacking.

If we had more than a handful of quality players, I would agree with you though.

Really???
Lets just again... look at Green Bay- BOTH starting tackles are rookies due to injuries, and a the starting guard is out as well... YET they seem to be doing pretty good.

Did our starting QB go down with a injury last week? Did we sign a guy off his couch for two first round picks this week?

I want to see what Fox does with this group, any moron can coach a team of Pro Bowl players. Lets see what "Has beens/never wheres" can do... THATS called coaching.

Accepting "Well.. OUR back ups suck..so we'll suck" is crap..

Krugan
10-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Really???
Lets just again... look at Green Bay- BOTH starting tackles are rookies due to injuries, and a the starting guard is out as well... YET they seem to be doing pretty good.

Did our starting QB go down with a injury last week? Did we sign a guy off his couch for two first round picks this week?

I want to see what Fox does with this group, any moron can coach a team of Pro Bowl players. Lets see what "Has beens/never wheres" can do... THATS called coaching.

What that says to me is there is enough quality in other positions for them to be able to absorb lost starters better than this team can.

Im not giving this team a crutch in the least, the mess has been built for years, but ignoring the lack of quality and saying it needs to be coached isnt enough.

We are talent poor on alot of levels, and cant afford to take missed games from our starters, who may or may not be starters on these teams you refer to as rolling with missed players.

The Glue Factory
10-20-2011, 08:46 AM
Really???

And coaching up players to play better only goes so far. I'm not saying that we'll lose because of the sub-par talent that plagues our team, but having an average level of talent would make us much more competetive too.

McFired loosed (aka cut not traded) 32 of Shanny's picks on the league and every single one of them were good enough to never play in the NFL again. Not even on the PS of Oakland, Tampa, Arizona or St. Louis. Shanny took those players to an 8-8 record. In comes McFired and we improve to 4-12 by the time he's done. Yes coaching has a big role but it's not the only factor. Talent level is a big contributor too.

In the end a winning team is a combo of both extremes that are being argued.

Juriga72
10-20-2011, 09:28 AM
And coaching up players to play better only goes so far. I'm not saying that we'll lose because of the sub-par talent that plagues our team, but having an average level of talent would make us much more competitive too.

McFired loosed (aka cut not traded) 32 of Shanny's picks on the league and every single one of them were good enough to never play in the NFL again. Not even on the PS of Oakland, Tampa, Arizona or St. Louis. Shanny took those players to an 8-8 record. In comes McFired and we improve to 4-12 by the time he's done. Yes coaching has a big role but it's not the only factor. Talent level is a big contributor too.In the end a winning team is a combo of both extremes that are being argued.

I just was going to post this...:)

I just am tired of the excuse for the last 3 years of injury/badness/injury/youth-bad/injury.... After watching this team gut itself and then complain that "We dont have the talent"... we HAD it, and got rid of it.

Hell those 32 guys who played for us and went 8-8... sign em!!! lol I am just pissed... PISSED that this year is already going that route. "We dont have depth, we have injuries...." Frustration is about to set in yet again and its like we as fans have dumbed it down to excuse making. IMHO

Krugan
10-20-2011, 09:32 AM

I just am tired of the excuse for the last 3 years of injury/badness/injury/youth-bad/injury.... After watching this team gut itself and then complain that "We dont have the talent"... we HAD it, and got rid of it.

Hell those 32 guys who played for us and went 8-8... sign em!!! lol I am just pissed... PISSED that this year is already going that route. "We dont have depth, we have injuries...." Frustration is about to set in yet again and its like we as fans have dumbed it down to excuse making. IMHO

I agree with you on the frustration and excuses, have no doubt.

Truely would prefer to not sweat people like bunkley being hurt, because we had someone that could take his spot...

The Glue Factory
10-20-2011, 11:37 AM

You don't understand my point. We jettisoned 32 players that never played in the NFL again! Not even on the practice squads of other teams! Yet Shanahan coached them up to an 8-8 record. Put another coach in during those same years with the same talent and I'll guarantee we come out less than 8-8.

If they don't play for other teams, why should we bring them back? It was a coach not with the team anymore that was the success of those mediocre seasons. Unfortunately the previous coach jettisoned (aka traded) what little talent we did have and did a piss poor job of replacing that talent (using high draft picks to select substandard talent) leaving us in a bleak desert of football talent. The Broncos currently have a well below average level of talent on the team. There's only so much a coach can do to create a winning record when the talent is so low. It's not an excuse it's just a reality.

Juriga72
10-20-2011, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE=The Glue Factory;1405391]You don't understand my point. We jettisoned 32 players that never played in the NFL again! Not even on the practice squads of other teams! Yet Shanahan coached them up to an 8-8 record. Put another coach in during those same years with the same talent and I'll guarantee we come out less than 8-8.

QUOTE]

Glue.. I did get your point. I really did. IF as many here want to try and explain to me "Just how good a coach John Fox is" lets sign them was my point. GET him those 32 has beens/ never weres, and lets get BACK to 8-8.

I am looking at a team that two years ago had 32 guys not good enough to play for another NFL team, and now the people replacing them are not even as good as they were.

Because we have now had over two historically bad years, people are happy that our team is now "whole" for practice. Celebrating that this alone will help us prevail this week.

The Glue Factory
10-20-2011, 12:38 PM
Glue.. I did get your point. I really did. IF as many here want to try and explain to me "Just how good a coach John Fox is" lets sign them was my point. GET him those 32 has beens/ never weres, and lets get BACK to 8-8.

I am looking at a team that two years ago had 32 guys not good enough to play for another NFL team, and now the people replacing them are not even as good as they were.

Because we have now had over two historically bad years, people are happy that our team is now "whole" for practice. Celebrating that this alone will help us prevail this week.

I see what you're getting at. I'd argue that the current roster isn't much better/worse than what was jettisoned. The only thing re-do that would really help this team is getting back traded players like Hillis and Marshall. Cutler is debateable depending on how well Tebow plays out.

In the end what did McFired do for our talent level? I'd say decreased it by subtracting the good players we had and simply continued the anemic drafting Shanahan displayed. In the end we end up even worse of with a bunch of players that still needs to be jettisoned and replaced with better talent.

I think if Fox had been coach of the the same players during the same time as Shanahan; we would be a sub .500 club. What we needed then (and still need 4 years later) is an influx of much better talent. Once that is done we'll need a better HC and probably OC too.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-20-2011, 01:56 PM
The Broncos again had all 53 players on the active roster participating in practice today, and nowhere is the team's improving health more important than at wide receiver.

Demaryius Thomas, who has not played this season because of Achilles tendon and finger injuries, and Eddie Royal, who hasn't played since the first quarter of the second game because of a groin injury, have joined Eric Decker​ in the team's top trio of receivers for new starting quarterback Tim Tebow​.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19156570?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter