PDA

View Full Version : Demaryius Thomas: I don’t want to be a bust

T.K.O.
10-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Demaryius Thomas: I don’t want to be a bust
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 19, 2011, 12:51 PM EDT

APAs the 22nd overall pick in last year’s NFL draft, Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas was a major disappointment, catching just 22 passes for 283 yards in his rookie year.

And so far this year Thomas has done even less.

Thomas has had injuries to his foot, ankle, Achilles tendon, hand and head, and he hasn’t even been able to get into a game yet this season. Thomas knows people are already calling him the B-word, and he says he’s been concerned that the Broncos might release him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/19/demaryius-thomas-i-dont-want-to-be-a-bust/

HORSEPOWER 56
10-19-2011, 01:20 PM
It's a tough pill to swallow with all of his injuries to date. I saw a lot of his games in college and had, and still have, high hopes for him. Like one of the guys who commented said, he looked pretty darned good when he did play, it's not like he played porrly or had a bad attitude.

I'm pulling for him to be our next "beast" WR.

vandammage13
10-19-2011, 01:33 PM

APAs the 22nd overall pick in last year’s NFL draft, Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas was a major disappointment, catching just 22 passes for 283 yards in his rookie year.

And so far this year Thomas has done even less.

Thomas has had injuries to his foot, ankle, Achilles tendon, hand and head, and he hasn’t even been able to get into a game yet this season. Thomas knows people are already calling him the B-word, and he says he’s been concerned that the Broncos might release him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/19/demaryius-thomas-i-dont-want-to-be-a-bust/

Kind of puts things into perspective that this guy is not just a number, but that he has feelings.

You can tell that he really wants to be on the field contributing and it kind of makes me feel for the guy.

BORDERLINE
10-19-2011, 01:34 PM
No one wants him to be a bust except our rivals. D.T has all the tools in place but his injuries hold him back. And until he can show he can stay healthy, a bust he will be.

slim
10-19-2011, 01:36 PM
So is being constantly injured the same as being a bust?

To me it is different.

Marcus Nash was a bust, but I don't think you can compare a guy like Nash to DT.

T.K.O.
10-19-2011, 01:37 PM
just like with Tebow we NEED to see what we have in young talent...
I just hope he can stay healthy the rest of the year.
i have no doubt he could be a "go to" guy if he gets a chance.
i really liked the part of the article where he says"this is the healthiest ive been since coming to the league".
that's a good sign !
Now....get out there and kick some ass DT !
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGxfEmh9oXAm-v7UULgEXsblFIK71ugyxTvJbTvOj1NwaTEXj-LA

Juriga72
10-19-2011, 01:38 PM
I also am pretty damn sure Steve Emtman "Didnt want to be a bust" either....

But injuries happen and when they happen to the same person.....

T.K.O.
10-19-2011, 01:42 PM

To me it is different.

Marcus Nash was a bust, but I don't think you can compare a guy like Nash to DT.

if you use a first round pick on any player/position and they dont produce....the pick/player is a bust.regardless of the reason why.
that being said,it's still way too early to call DT a bust.He was injured when the team drafted him.that's a red flag in itself.
and as often is the case one injury leads to another,either from lack of conditioning because of the previous injury or favory one part of the body etc....
anyway i think he may benifit from missing the time he did...gave him time to absorb the playbook and hopefully get 100% healthy

Rex
10-19-2011, 01:43 PM

To me it is different.

Bust is a bust.

He is an injury waiting to happen thus far. Hope it changes.

BORDERLINE
10-19-2011, 01:46 PM
No Broncos fan wants to see a first round pick not produce. But when we see Dez Bryant out there making plays we kind of think that could have been in a Broncos Uni. Anyways D.T should be healthy and ready to show his stuff for real this time.

BroncoNut
10-19-2011, 01:48 PM

To me it is different.

I'm afraid it would be Slim. Let's put in the perspective of our lives with getting fired as busting. O.K. say you are fired today. now WHY were you fired? let's saythe company had to cut back and you were let go becasue you had the least tenure. or maybe it was becasue you were always late to work, performed poorly. I would rather it be becasue of the cost of your employ, but whatever the reason, you were still fired and that is that.

slim
10-19-2011, 01:48 PM
Bust is a bust.

I am not holding my breath.

slim
10-19-2011, 01:49 PM
I'm afraid it would be Slim. Let's put in the perspective of our lives with getting fired as busting. O.K. say you are fired today. now WHY were you fired? let's saythe company had to cut back and you were let go becasue you had the least tenure. or maybe it was becasue you were always late to work, performed poorly. I would rather it be becasue of the cost of your employ, but whatever the reason, you were still fired and that is that.

Have you been talking to my boss?

I mean, if there is something I need to know...stop beating around the bush and just tell me.

BroncoNut
10-19-2011, 01:52 PM
I am not holding my breath.

this is another one of those sayings that has just never made sense to me. I mean why would anyone hold their breath? Maybe I'll learn about the origin of this saying in Sneaker's random facts thread someday.

BroncoNut
10-19-2011, 01:52 PM
Have you been talking to my boss?

I mean, if there is something I need to know...stop beating around the bush and just tell me.

no Slim , just an analogy. that's all it is

slim
10-19-2011, 01:55 PM
this is another one of those sayings that has just never made sense to me. I mean why would anyone hold their breath? Maybe I'll learn about the origin of this saying in Sneaker's random facts thread someday.

It is what it is.

T.K.O.
10-19-2011, 01:56 PM

it means that you dont expect it to happen....as in if you held your breath long enough for something to happen ,you would likely die :shocked:
scholars maintain the phrase originated in a swimming class in the 1800's.....yeah ask Sneak:D

T.K.O.
10-19-2011, 01:57 PM
It is what it is.

that depends on what your definition of It is;)

NightTerror218
10-19-2011, 02:02 PM
One reason he was drafted was because of his personality over Bryant and having no off the field issues like Bryant. DT was suppose to be the #1 WR going into the draft prior to his injury.

Maybe Decker will become a steal in 3rd and DT will be a compliment to him as a #2 WR.

slim
10-19-2011, 02:04 PM
One reason he was drafted was because of his personality over Bryant and having no off the field issues like Bryant. DT was suppose to be the #1 WR going into the draft prior to his injury.

Maybe Decker will become a steal in 3rd and DT will be a compliment to him as a #2 WR.

If DT can stay health, he is definitely the #1 WR on this team. Decker may be a nice #2.

CoachChaz
10-19-2011, 02:44 PM
The next great Broncos WR is not on this roster yet.

NightTerror218
10-19-2011, 02:50 PM

Thanks for the crystal ball reading. Can you tell me when we go to the SB again plz?

BroncoNut
10-19-2011, 02:51 PM

this post makes you sound like the Oracle of Delphi

BeefStew25
10-19-2011, 02:54 PM
Bey bey came from shit. He has already made it in life in my opinion. He is a good man.

CoachChaz
10-19-2011, 02:57 PM
thanks for the crystal ball reading. Can you tell me when we go to the sb again plz?

battherastard
10-19-2011, 06:12 PM
The Seattle game from last year proves he has the ability and tools to be very productive, it will be interesting to see if he can get it done with Tebow though.

NightTerror218
10-19-2011, 06:17 PM

it takes Luck 4 yrs?

DallasChief
10-19-2011, 06:21 PM
Bust is a bust.

Exactly.

Danny Manning, biggest bust ever.

AlWilsonizKING
10-19-2011, 07:40 PM
Or maybe Fox will end up cursing the day he inherited a couple of first-round busts

Let's hope not.

PEACE!!!

Northman
10-19-2011, 08:03 PM
We hope your not a bust either DT. This franchise needs players to start panning out bigtime.

Cugel
10-19-2011, 08:09 PM
This is why you don't draft a WR in the first round, certainly not the top 1/2 of the first round, if you're smart.

With all the needs on defense what does McMoron do with his top draft picks in 2009 and 2010? RB and WR! And a WR who had a serious injury history in college as well.

It's not as if DT came into the league healthy and suddenly got walloped by the injury bug. He was fragile and injured in COLLEGE.

All the talent in the world won't help him if he's in the training room. I'm not going to hold my breath expecting him to stay healthy, not only this year but for years to come. Which is what he'd need to do to be worth that pick.

Just another McDaniels bust! God I hate him with a burning HATE (McMoron that is not Thomas). :mad:

Ziggy
10-19-2011, 08:12 PM

Did you hear that whoosh, Coach? Some statements fly over people's heads so fast around here that you feel like you're in a wind tunnel.

Agent of Orange
10-19-2011, 09:00 PM
I'd prefer to not use the 'B' word. I'd prefer to use the 'L' word. So I call him a "lust".

TXBRONC
10-19-2011, 09:11 PM
It's a tough pill to swallow with all of his injuries to date. I saw a lot of his games in college and had, and still have, high hopes for him. Like one of the guys who commented said, he looked pretty darned good when he did play, it's not like he played porrly or had a bad attitude.

As I've I said he has the talent to be a very good it's just that he hasn't been able to stay healthy and that has been disappointing. If (I know it's a big if) he can find away to stay healthy I think he could be very good maybe even special.

Agent of Orange
10-19-2011, 09:13 PM
As I've I said he has the talent to be a very good it's just that he hasn't been able to stay healthy and that has been disappointing. If (I know it's a big if) he can find away to stay healthy I think he could be very good maybe even special.

Does anyone happen to remember that there was the issue of whether or not he was good at running the route tree? With the kind of injuries he's had, he could still be rough for some time.

TXBRONC
10-19-2011, 09:15 PM
This is why you don't draft a WR in the first round, certainly not the top 1/2 of the first round, if you're smart.

With all the needs on defense what does McMoron do with his top draft picks in 2009 and 2010? RB and WR! And a WR who had a serious injury history in college as well.

It's not as if DT came into the league healthy and suddenly got walloped by the injury bug. He was fragile and injured in COLLEGE.

All the talent in the world won't help him if he's in the training room. I'm not going to hold my breath expecting him to stay healthy, not only this year but for years to come. Which is what he'd need to do to be worth that pick.

Just another McDaniels bust! God I hate him with a burning HATE (McMoron that is not Thomas). :mad:

I'm not one to defend McDaniels but D. Thomas wasn't taken in the top half of the first round. He was taken in with 22nd pick. Dez Bryant was taken two picks later.

dogfish
10-19-2011, 09:29 PM
this post makes you sound like the Oracle of Delphi

Thanks for the crystal ball reading. Can you tell me when we go to the SB again plz?

okay, this gives me an idea. . . BRB. . .

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1404913#post1404913

FlyByU
10-20-2011, 04:36 AM

I feel that he has a lot of potential and can become a great player but he has got to get some toughness or he wont amount to nothing.

I hope he gets tough and is able to finish this year healthy if he cannot package him with Moreno, & Dawkins (if Dawkins is still wanting to play that is) for a trade because it seems these guys cannot stay healthy very long.

BroncoStud
10-20-2011, 07:58 AM
http://chanarchive.org/content/63_x/4301892/1273653969984.jpg

Agent of Orange
10-20-2011, 07:37 PM

This is what happens when you draft a guy who has the word "mary" imbedded in his name. Would you draft a guy whose name is Vagina Johnson?

Tned
10-20-2011, 07:42 PM
I feel that he has a lot of potential and can become a great player but he has got to get some toughness or he wont amount to nothing.

I hope he gets tough and is able to finish this year healthy if he cannot package him with Moreno, & Dawkins (if Dawkins is still wanting to play that is) for a trade because it seems these guys cannot stay healthy very long.

Are you talking about DT? I don't think being tough is really the issue when talking about a ruptured Achilles and broken finger.

BeefStew25
10-20-2011, 11:19 PM
This is what happens when you draft a guy who has the word "mary" imbedded in his name. Would you draft a guy whose name is Vagina Johnson?

Good, solid, hard hitting football take.

sneakers
10-20-2011, 11:38 PM

You watched him Block in 85% of his plays running the Triple Option at GT? He must have lots of practice blocking.

FlyByU
10-21-2011, 07:51 AM
Are you talking about DT? I don't think being tough is really the issue when talking about a ruptured Achilles and broken finger.

Well you can play with a broken finger. I did in high school as a safety so as a pro it's pretty wimpy to sit out because of it. People that have ruptured Achilles IMO is a hard injury to comeback from i admit if he comes back from it and plays well then he goes to my tough player list if it doesn't happen again and he plays well. Maybe a genetic weakness some people have and are injury prone.

BroncoJoe
10-21-2011, 07:56 AM
Playing safety with a broken finger is a bit different than wide receiver, doncha think?

Thnikkaman
10-21-2011, 08:29 AM
I would like to see Bey Bey eventually get a bust..

In Canton.

Jsteve01
10-21-2011, 08:41 AM

lol its not about toughness. It's about being injury prone. Two totally different issues. Im also convinced to a certain degree that the ankle and achilles injuries were directly related to being rushed back from the initial foot injury.

Jsteve01
10-21-2011, 08:44 AM
Exactly.

Danny Manning, biggest bust ever.

whoah a random DC sighting

Traveler
11-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Tebow seems to be getting a nice repore with Decker. Now, I'd like to see them get Thomas more involved in the passing game. He still might not be fully healed or in football shape, but i'd like to see what he can do by hitting him with some bubble screens. That's if Tebow can get it there. ;P

honz
11-14-2011, 07:17 PM
Remember he ruptured his Achilles...it takes more than a year to get back to full strength from that injury. There is also the possibility that he will never be as explosive as he used to be.

Agent of Orange
11-14-2011, 07:25 PM
Tebow seems to be getting a nice repore with Decker. Now, I'd like to see them get Thomas more involved in the passing game. He still might not be fully healed or in football shape, but i'd like to see what he can do by hitting him with some bubble screens. That's if Tebow can get it there. ;P

rapport

rcsodak
11-14-2011, 08:01 PM
it means that you dont expect it to happen....as in if you held your breath long enough for something to happen ,you would likely die :shocked:
scholars maintain the phrase originated in a swimming class in the 1800's.....yeah ask Sneak:D

Alligators can hold their breath for three(3) hours.
Factoid

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Traveler
11-14-2011, 08:34 PM
rapport

Thanks!

claymore
11-14-2011, 09:26 PM
Michael Rappaport.

http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Imported/BioPix/Ma/bio13/michael-rapaport1.jpg

Dirk
11-15-2011, 07:31 AM
I think Thomas needs to either get his head on right or be gone.

On more than a few occasions he just stands there like he doesn't know what to do.

Another F'up by McD....with Dez right there. :tsk:

BeefStew25
11-15-2011, 07:46 AM
Dez is a train wreck also. Effing wide receivers.

Thnikkaman
11-15-2011, 09:41 AM
Michael Rappaport.

http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Imported/BioPix/Ma/bio13/michael-rapaport1.jpg

He is one awesome motherlover. He made the Tribe Called Quest documentary.

dogfish
11-15-2011, 09:36 PM

they'll seriously be lucky if dez doesn't find a way to burn their stadium down-- the kid's toxic. . . i'm fine with decker as our top wideout for now. . .

people always want to mention dez because he plays the same position, but we would be so much better off if we'd taken a lineman like brian bulaga, lamarr houston or terrence cody. . .

chazoe60
11-15-2011, 09:52 PM

I find this to be one positive of our new never pass offense. I hate WRs, they're all little bitches.

BTW I was at the Detroit game and can tell you all that DT is a lazy jackass.

dogfish
11-15-2011, 10:43 PM
I find this to be one positive of our new never pass offense. I hate WRs, they're all little bitches.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/9158/rodsmith.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/100/rodsmith.jpg/)

"You say that junk again, I'll kick yo ass!"

dogfish
11-15-2011, 10:45 PM
there are a lot of WRs that aren't little bitches. . . don't let a couple jackasses ruin the whole position because of the size of their mouths. . . that's when the terrorists win, chaze-o. . .

Dirk
11-16-2011, 07:28 AM

BTW I was at the Detroit game and can tell you all that DT is a lazy jackass.

I don't know if it is laziness or if the guy just doesn't know what to do. He stands there as if he is saying...."which way did he go George? Which way did he go?"

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/5309/georgeo.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/georgeo.png/)