PDA

View Full Version : How Will Demaryius Thomas fare in His First Game This Year?

vandammage13
10-19-2011, 11:36 AM
So what's the general consensus on Demaryius Thomas coming back this week?

I think if this guy can stay healthy he's got all the tools to be an impact player, but thats a big "IF"

I see DT making a couple grabs for 45 yards and manages to snag a TD.

silkamilkamonico
10-19-2011, 11:40 AM
I'm hoping this guy absolutely blows up. He has some real potential if he can stay healthy, which is at this point a big question mark. Huge freak who is very explosive, if he doesn't lose any of that explosiveness he could be elite. I am hoping we could get lucky with him, he would provide us with excellent trade value.

Dirk
10-19-2011, 11:48 AM
I chose "Gets injured before the end of the game". Only because of his history.

Outside of that, I have all my fingers crossed that he will stay healthy the rest of the year and gives Tebow a big target to get it done.

BroncoWave
10-19-2011, 11:50 AM
God I hope he stays healthy and plays well but I am not holding my breath. I would say this is his last chance though. If he sustains another serious injury it's time to cut bait.

slim
10-19-2011, 11:52 AM
Well, I doubt he will be returning kicks...so his chances of staying healthy go up dramatically.

MasterShake
10-19-2011, 11:53 AM
I remember watching him live against Seattle last year and he had a monster game. He used his frame well, just turning around past the first down marker and hauling in passes. If he stays healthy, I expect big things. This weekend I expect to see a lot more passes thrown to TE than WR from Tebow, but I have nothing to back that up. Maybe he has a decent game with 1 TD catch? That would be a good start for Tebow and Demaryius.

MileHighCrew
10-19-2011, 11:55 AM
kid is good when healthy, I have high hopes for him

HORSEPOWER 56
10-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Well, I doubt he will be returning kicks...so his chances of staying healthy go up dramatically.

Quan Cosby has got that job locked up and I think Fox is smarter than that. Steve Smith used to return kicks in Carolina until he became the #1 guy. Then Fox replaced him. It's too risky to keep putting your 1st round pick who is a big guy out there returning kicks. I wouldn't be surprised to see Decker stop returning punts, too. Those two guys are very important to the team.

NightTerror218
10-19-2011, 12:00 PM
I think he will have a game similar to seattle, but Decker will get more looks. Tebow does like his 20 yard passes down middle it seems. I think Fells will get a lot of looks along with Moreno on outs. I could see McCoy calling more short passes then anything deep.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-19-2011, 12:05 PM
I think he will have a game similar to seattle, but Decker will get more looks. Tebow does like his 20 yard passes down middle it seems. I think Fells will get a lot of looks along with Moreno on outs. I could see McCoy calling more short passes then anything deep.

Tebow is also a very good screen QB whereas Orton wasn't so the screen game could be a be factor. McCoy does seem to like having Tebow throw deep off play-action because he does throw a pretty deep ball so I expect a couple of attempts over 30 yards and Demaryius should be targeted, at least to get the Safeties out of the box.

I'd like to see us try to get DT active in the redzone. He's a big body target and deep in the redzone he's hard to cover. I can see us using him like Marshall in that we try to hit him with the quick bubble screens and see if he can make a play. At GT, that was his game. He was either catching short screens or going deep.

D1g1tal j1m
10-19-2011, 12:07 PM
He will be rusty. He was not a good route runner coming out of GT and has almost no full training camps the last two years to work on it. He will get his chances with a scrambling Tim Tebow and busted plays out of our offense but I think he will miss the big plays due to the time off. Just make it through the game healthy will be a big thing for his confidence going forward.

T.K.O.
10-19-2011, 12:44 PM
if he and royal are truly healthy the passing game should open up a bit.
DT,Decker,royal and the threat of Tebow taking off should give the offense an instant improvement.:salute:

claymore
10-19-2011, 12:58 PM
Quan Cosby has got that job locked up and I think Fox is smarter than that. Steve Smith used to return kicks in Carolina until he became the #1 guy. Then Fox replaced him. It's too risky to keep putting your 1st round pick who is a big guy out there returning kicks. I wouldn't be surprised to see Decker stop returning punts, too. Those two guys are very important to the team.

Only an effin moron would do that. Oh wait..

Traveler
10-19-2011, 01:10 PM
It would be great to see him have a monster type game. Admittedly, I'm still a little leary about his recovery from the achilles injury and would like to see them ease him back into football playing shape.

Traveler
10-19-2011, 01:13 PM
Anyone else really anxious to see this game? We finally get to see Tebow, Decker, Royal, and the M&M Express (McGahee & Moreno).

HORSEPOWER 56
10-19-2011, 01:15 PM
Anyone else really anxious to see this game? We finally get to see Tebow, Decker, Royal, and the M&M Express (McGahee & Moreno).

So, no more former Pats/McDaniels' guys FAs? I'm in!

claymore
10-19-2011, 01:15 PM

Im very excited to see it. Should be a fantastic Sunday.