PDA

View Full Version : Season 2009's Schedule

Magnificent Seven
12-29-2008, 02:14 AM
Hi all,

Here is our season 2009 schedule. Tougher than this season.

Home:
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers
Cleveland Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers
Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants
New England Patriots

Away:
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins
Indianapolis Colts

New England Patriots and Indianapolis Colts are finished second in their division.

Therefore, Broncos will have their tougher schedule. I hope that Broncos will work harder to upgrade on Offense and Defense teams in during the off season.

Magnificent Seven
12-29-2008, 02:16 AM
I guess Broncos' home game tickets might get little more expensive. Big games against strong teams. It is possible to have more prime time games in Denver.

BroncoWave
12-29-2008, 02:16 AM
Wow, I would say 7-9 or 8-8 at first glance of that schedule but that prediction could change when it gets much closer to next season.

pilfin
12-29-2008, 02:33 AM
Yikes, we will be lucky to go 8-8 with that schedule next year. <sigh>

JONtheBRONCO
12-29-2008, 02:35 AM
Jesusss. That is ******* brutal.

BroncoTech
12-29-2008, 04:16 AM
I like us at home with the Browns and on the road at Cincy. Good luck Broncos.

ikillz0mbies
12-29-2008, 04:46 AM
If the Broncos play like they did this season with the same defensive scheme, expect a losing record in 09.

Chris90210
12-29-2008, 08:03 AM
sweet I am getting tickets to the cowboys @ denver game:D

Shazam!
12-29-2008, 08:19 AM
Just from the posts I read, this is the new low of the Denver Broncos. I blame Mike Shanahan for causing this mentality too, as he is the one STILL in charge of the same problems that never get fixed. He needs to soak his head.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-29-2008, 09:06 AM
The Detroit Lions might not be alone if we don't fix this team with that schedule. That schedule is like trying to walk through World War II without a gun.

Northman
12-29-2008, 09:13 AM
Championship

MOtorboat
12-29-2008, 09:17 AM
The Detroit Lions might not be alone if we don't fix this team with that schedule. That schedule is like trying to walk through World War II without a gun.

With this year's league, yeah...but who did we think would be playoff contenders this year that weren't, lots of teams.

It changes every year.

Thanks for posting the schedule.

G_Money
12-29-2008, 09:29 AM
That schedule is like trying to walk through World War II without a gun.

LOL exactly.

We’re a creampuff-soft team. We don’t like getting punched in the mouth. Our offense is a bully to weak teams sometimes, but the second things start to go wrong it falls to pieces.

Our D gets mulched against the run and calmly cut up by a passing game that will never, EVER, feel pressure.

And you want us to play the knife-fighting NFC East + potentially the 4 best non-Titans teams in the AFC, all of whom play a variation on a suffocating defense?

Shit, son. Might as well start tasering our own nutsacks now.

Fix the D, Shanny, or this year’s humiliations will be nothing compared to next year’s.

~G

CrazyHorse
12-29-2008, 09:37 AM
Oh boy! I can't wait for next year to start!
If we ALL play these teams like we did Atlanta and New York I see no problem.

G_Money
12-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Well there is that.

Of course, if we play them like we played the Chargers and Chiefs on the road, or Buffalo and the Raiders at home, then we might as well not show up for the games, because the Broncos won’t.

The schedule doesn’t tell us wins or losses, but it does tell us the likelihood of an easy or difficult year.

Next year looks like a difficult year. If we had played those teams this year, we would have had the Raiders year without the uplifting finish – at best. The hard teams are well-rounded on both sides of the ball and well-coached with quite a bit of stability. The creampuff teams are few and far between, with likely coaching changes re-arranging their dynamics. And our divisional opponents, all of whom kicked our asses once this year, will be better.

It’s remove-head-from-sphincter time in Dove Valley. Hopefully this happens sooner rather than later, or a backload of excrement will build up.

~G

jrelway
12-29-2008, 10:25 AM
tough schedule. least ill get to go to the washington and bmore game. something to look forward to.

Magnificent Seven
12-29-2008, 07:16 PM
The NFL today released schedules for next season and the Broncos will face one of the toughest slates in the league.

Denver, which finished second in the AFC West behind San Diego and missed the playoffs, will host Pittsburgh, New England, Dallas and the New York Giants. And the Broncos will travel to play Indianapolis, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington.

The Broncos also face Cleveland and Cincinnati and home and away games with the three other AFC West teams.

Six teams on the Broncos' 2009 schedule qualified for the playoffs this season. Eight of Denver's opponents outside of its division next season will have a combined record of 87-40-1, a .685 winning percentage.

The final 2009 schedule, with times and dates, will be released by the NFL in April.

The league's format for scheduling games, which started in 2002, sets schedules on a rotating basis. The format gives the Broncos four teams from the AFC North and four from the NFC East. The divisions rotate on a three-year cycle. This season, the Broncos played the AFC South and the NFC South.

Two games are based on a team's record the year before. In the Broncos' case, as the second-place finisher in the AFC West, they will face the AFC South No. 2 (Indianapolis) and the AFC East No. 2 (New England). By comparison, AFC West No. 1 San Diego will play the AFC South No. 1 (Tennessee) and the AFC East No. 1 (Miami).

2009 schedules
AFC West opponents next season (dates and times to be determined by the NFL):

DENVER
Home: Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New England, Dallas, N.Y. Giants
Away: Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, Washington

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11331103?_requestid=5200335

SmilinAssasSin27
12-29-2008, 07:18 PM
I love how the schedule was "released" today. It's basically been out for 8 years.

jlarsiii
12-29-2008, 07:31 PM
I personally like this schedule. Might as well play all of the teams from the supposed "tough" divisions. Frankly, I see why there are a lot of negative comments the day after our team ended the season on an embarrassing and frustrating way. However, I refuse to already mail in the next season too.

Obviously things need to be fixed on this team, and if we can make any of those changes even begin to take place we should be more than competitive. You never know how the ball will bounce or the whistle will blow.

Regardless, next season should battle harden this team and prepare us to be legit contenders for years to come. Of course that all depends on what is done about this defense and our offensive inconsistencies.

LawDog
12-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Bottom line is that they need to do a much better job at home. This year there were three home losses to teams that ended the season below .500. Win those three games and the whole picture this year would, obviously, have been drastically different. Additionally, the home wins were against a team that was one game above .500, two teams that were at .500, and one team that was far below .500. Who would have thought Miami would have been as good this year as they were, but that was the only "legitimate" home loss. They should have been 7-1 at home this year.

If they get a schedule that has a good part of the non-divisional road games in the first half of the season (they are all in the northeast and only one dome so weather can be a factor despite Jay's fondness for playing in bad conditions) I will be pretty happy with it.

This year, the Bronco's opponents consisted of only 5 teams that had been at or above .500. At the end of the season 8 of the opponents were at .500 or better.

Next year, 9 of the opponents finished 2008 at or above .500, and the same number were at or above .500 in 2007 (with Cleveland and Baltimore switching places and all the others being pretty consistent between the two years).

I can't imagine that they will have the same injury bug at running back next year so the offense should be able to achieve its potential and be able to score enough points to stay in every game.

I think the 2009 season depends entirely on how the defense adapts. Any one ranking in the bottom half of the league (points, yards, passing, rushing) and it will be another .500 season and watching the playoffs on TV. Solid (even middle of the road) defense and the Broncos will make the post-season just like Indy did this year (ranked 11th in yards, 7th in points, 6th in pashing, and 24 against the rush).