PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone kind of relieved this season is over?

MasterShake
12-28-2008, 11:16 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love my Broncos but I'm glad we aren't going to the playoffs in the condition this team is in. Call it bad luck, snake bit, whatever this was never supposed to be and never really was our year. For a while I wanted just some experience for the younger players in the playoffs, but now I see we would just creamed by ANYBODY.

Our offense is fine, but when our D gives up this many yards/points whats the point of a playoff game against the Colts? Hopefully the Raiders and Chiefs are as bad as they seem this year, because we have a long way to go to match the Chargers intensity. I'm upset that we imploded like this, but at least we found out before we got our hopes up too high what kind of team we had.

I hate to be a "next year" type of guy, but I hope we can make the moves to be at least competitive. Congrats to the Chargers, the Broncos have no business in the playoffs. That being said, I hope we come out next year and get our swagger back.

JONtheBRONCO
12-28-2008, 11:16 PM
Yes, I am. It will be an interesting off-season.

Northman
12-28-2008, 11:17 PM
Yes and no.

Medford Bronco
12-28-2008, 11:17 PM
We did not deserve the playoffs with that pathetic excuse of a defense.

Northman
12-28-2008, 11:20 PM
We did not deserve the playoffs with that pathetic excuse of a defense.

Deserve has nothing to do with it.

CrazyHorse
12-28-2008, 11:21 PM
No. I am not happy the season is over.

Superchop 7
12-28-2008, 11:25 PM
If we get Curry,

It was all worth it.

MasterShake
12-28-2008, 11:26 PM
No. I am not happy the season is over.

Not happy, relieved. I'm never happy with a season like this, but I don't remember a season like this ever.

-7 RBs on IR? Check.
-One of the worst defenses in the NFL? Check.
-500 yds of offense at home against a hapless Bills team and still lose? Check.
-Choking away a 3 game lead in December? Triple Check.

Weird, depressing season and I'm relieved its over-not happy. Why prolong the inevitiable?

LordTrychon
12-28-2008, 11:27 PM
If we get Curry,

It was all worth it.

We meaning the Broncos or the Chargers?

Italianmobstr7
12-28-2008, 11:27 PM
I'm never happy that a season ends. I am happy that I don't have to watch this atrocious defense ever again. I can't wait until next season already. It's going to be a long offseason though.

MasterShake
12-28-2008, 11:28 PM
I'm never happy that a season ends. I am happy that I don't have to watch this atrocious defense ever again. I can't wait until next season already. It's going to be a long offseason though.

Please, once again I never said in the title "Happy". Relieved, like getting that knife out of your crotch.

Medford Bronco
12-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Deserve has nothing to do with it.

YOu cant stop anyone or actually make a tacke and give up way over 400 pts you suck on D.

This team could not beat such powerhouses at home of Oak, Buff and Jax
and lose to a bad KC team on the road.

The Chargers are better than us and tonight proved it, even if we were healthy we lose by 14 to them. what a putrid effort that was

Shanny should be ashamed of that effort really

Tned
12-28-2008, 11:31 PM
No, I would have taken a playoff appearance and a massive blowout, vs. not getting in.

Watchthemiddle
12-28-2008, 11:33 PM
No, I would have taken a playoff appearance and a massive blowout, vs. not getting in.

Me too. Atleast if so, we wouldn't have been the first team in NFL history to blow a 3 game lead with 3 to play. :tsk:

Medford Bronco
12-28-2008, 11:33 PM

Indy would have scored 54 on us at home. Maybe IN THE LONG RUN it was for the best, if we make a good pick as our Defense is high school like with that tackling

Its not like I root against them. I watched to the bitter end. I let them piss me off one more time this season lol

Watchthemiddle
12-28-2008, 11:34 PM
YOu cant stop anyone or actually make a tacke and give up way over 400 pts you suck on D.

This team could not beat such powerhouses at home of Oak, Buff and Jax
and lose to a bad KC team on the road.

The Chargers are better than us and tonight proved it, even if we were healthy we lose by 14 to them. what a putrid effort that was

Shanny should be ashamed of that effort really

I say if we weren't healthy and started our back ups on D we would have only lost by 14...these starters tonight were putrid!!

LordTrychon

I agree.

I would have been a bit relieved after that loss... and I feel some sense of relief after this one.

I'm looking forward already. That may be too quick... but I'd rather not dwell on the pain of this loss.

That all said... There's a reason I'm on this board right now... :laugh:

Medford Bronco
Me too. Atleast if so, we wouldn't have been the first team in NFL history to blow a 3 game lead with 3 to play. :tsk:

we are alongside the 2007 Mets and 1978 Boston Red Sox and 1995 California Angels as the biggest chokers of regular season leads in history :tsk:

Watchthemiddle
I agree.

I would have been a bit relieved after that loss... and I feel some sense of relief after this one.

I'm looking forward already. That may be too quick... but I'd rather not dwell on the pain of this loss.

That all said... There's a reason I'm on this board right now... :laugh:

Because your a glutton for punishment like me? :D

LordTrychon
12-28-2008, 11:35 PM
Because your a glutton for punishment like me? :D

No... if I was a REAL glutton, I'd be on Mania. :laugh:

Tned
12-28-2008, 11:46 PM
Indy would have scored 54 on us at home. Maybe IN THE LONG RUN it was for the best, if we make a good pick as our Defense is high school like with that tackling

Its not like I root against them. I watched to the bitter end. I let them piss me off one more time this season lol

It's like prior to the '89 playoffs, when people were calling in to KOA and saying they would rather the team miss the playoffs or lose in the first round, then get embarrassed in the SB again. I preferred the 'chance' even if slim, that we would beat SF in the SB, and as painful as the 55-10 blowout was, I would still take the 'shot' in the playoffs and that 'one' extra game, because you never know if it might be 'two' or 'three' extra games.

Tned
12-28-2008, 11:48 PM
we are alongside the 2007 Mets and 1978 Boston Red Sox and 1995 California Angels as the biggest chokers of regular season leads in history :tsk:

Ahhh, that's just cruel bringing up the Mets :sad:

It's been a rough 16 months or so of fandom for me. The Mets had the monumental meltdown in '07, and just a regular one in '08, and now the Broncos did have what is likely the equivalent of the Mets' 15 game lead dissapear.

broncophan
12-29-2008, 07:56 AM
no more bronco football until next season?????,,,,,,,no, I am not relieved....

GO BRONCOS...........

broncofaninfla
12-29-2008, 09:58 AM
Now begins the LONG offseason...................

girler
12-29-2008, 11:12 AM
For this particular season, I'm done. :yield:

But I know by April, I'm going to be insane wanting my Broncos again. :wacko: :target: :madgrin: :salute:

Dreadnought
12-29-2008, 11:20 AM
I'm ready for it to be done. This team was exhausting to watch, and became less fun every week. We gave up 30+ to the Chiefs. Raiders. Jagwads. Bills. These are bad offenses, but there is no team in the League whose offense doesn't look good against us, and I'm sick of it.

I'll recharge my enthusiasm for next September.

KCL
12-29-2008, 11:55 AM
Yes I am kind of glad the season is over...now I can sit back,watch the playoffs and not get irritated...although I do miss it when it's done for the season.

Day1BroncoFan
12-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love my Broncos but I'm glad we aren't going to the playoffs in the condition this team is in. Call it bad luck, snake bit, whatever this was never supposed to be and never really was our year. For a while I wanted just some experience for the younger players in the playoffs, but now I see we would just creamed by ANYBODY.

Our offense is fine, but when our D gives up this many yards/points whats the point of a playoff game against the Colts? Hopefully the Raiders and Chiefs are as bad as they seem this year, because we have a long way to go to match the Chargers intensity. I'm upset that we imploded like this, but at least we found out before we got our hopes up too high what kind of team we had.

I hate to be a "next year" type of guy, but I hope we can make the moves to be at least competitive. Congrats to the Chargers, the Broncos have no business in the playoffs. That being said, I hope we come out next year and get our swagger back.

No, I am not relieved. Discusted is more like what I am.