PDA

View Full Version : Asante Samuel, Peyton Hillis could be available..

JONtheBRONCO
10-18-2011, 11:54 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/18/peyton-hillis-asante-samuel-could-be-available/

Jason La Canfora of NFL.com reports that the Eagles have made it known Asante Samuel is available. Samuel was also available in August, and no deal happened.

The report indicates the Eagles are looking for veteran defensive players in the front seven rather than draft picks.

Would any be in favor of trading DJ Williams and Brian Dawkins over to Philly for Asante? I like the play of Wood and wouldn't mind seeing Carter step in for Dawkins. I know Asante is getting up there in age but I do think he's an upgrade over Goodman.

Ravage!!!
10-18-2011, 11:55 AM
Dawkins has NO trade value to the Eagles. None.

Ziggy
10-18-2011, 11:57 AM
I like Asante, but you can't pay 2 older corners that much money while you are trying to rebuild. Bdawk comes off of the books next season, and DJ is solid although not spectacular.

Ziggy
10-18-2011, 11:58 AM
Dawkins has NO trade value to the Eagles. None.

A defense with a ton of talent and no leader to pull it together and keep everyone on the same page? I disagree Rav.

NightTerror218
10-18-2011, 11:58 AM
Dawkins is not going anywhere he is 39 come on who wants someone who is his last season every season. DJ maybe but they need a middle LB most. Samuel is 30 BTW, not too old for a corner but not young either.

UnderArmour
10-18-2011, 12:00 PM
If we were 2-3 or 3-2, then absolutely. But we're not. We aren't going to trade for players to make a push.

BroncoWave
10-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Peyton Hillis is available? But he's so good! How could two NFL head coaches be moronic enough to trade the guy?

vandammage13
10-18-2011, 12:06 PM
I would be more interested in Rodgers-Cromartie than Asante Samuel.

dogfish
10-18-2011, 12:17 PM
Would any be in favor of trading DJ Williams and Brian Dawkins over to Philly for Asante? I like the play of Wood and wouldn't mind seeing Carter step in for Dawkins. I know Asante is getting up there in age but I do think he's an upgrade over Goodman.

absolutely not! his salary is ridiculous, he's horribly one-dimensional, and he's getting old. . .

if they want dawk and DJ, let 'em send us a decent draft pick or two, not a salary dump. . .

with zero offense intended to jon, people need to get over the idea that we can rebuild with guys in their 30's. . . rebuilding happens with young guys, it's the only way it works. . .

i would happily give a reasonable draft pick or eddie royal for hillis. . .

jhns
10-18-2011, 12:36 PM
Peyton Hillis is available? But he's so good! How could two NFL head coaches be moronic enough to trade the guy?

You didn't even read the link. He is speculating based on the team saying that he isn't available...

Tned
10-18-2011, 12:55 PM
You didn't even read the link. He is speculating based on the team saying that he isn't available...

http://www.broncosforums.com/downloads/sign_trolls.gif

CoachChaz
10-18-2011, 01:06 PM
The only long term value Hillis has is as a 10-12 carry back. His style just doesnt allow him 20+ carries year after year. He'll be injured on a regular basis.

Until we have a dynamic 18-25 carry back, there is no need for Hillis.

Traveler
10-18-2011, 01:16 PM
I would be more interested in Rodgers-Cromartie than Asante Samuel.

I say pass on both. One is on the downside of his career and we're in a major rebuild. Is been said that Cromartie doesn't like to tackle. If true, we don't need that since we already have enough of those guys already.;)

HammeredOut
10-18-2011, 01:17 PM
Fact is..

Payton is all used up. I wouldn't go near him now, after Cleveland ran him till his wheels fell off.. And as for Asante, why would Denver go near him if we aren't contending for a Playoff spot, Asante would be insurance for those air shows we may experience in San Diego. That is not needed, and the Broncos unloading anything but overpaid veterans may be the real answer to helping re-mold the team, and giving us some "Identity".

Cugel
10-18-2011, 01:28 PM
absolutely not! his salary is ridiculous, he's horribly one-dimensional, and he's getting old. . .

if they want dawk and DJ, let 'em send us a decent draft pick or two, not a salary dump. . .

i would happily give a reasonable draft pick or eddie royal for hillis. . .

Typical fan think. :coffee:

DJ Williams has virtually zero value. Brian Dawkins is in his last season and has zero value. Eddie Royal is often injured, little used and has virtually zero value.

Nobody wants to pay the Broncos anything for these players. You can find better players that them in FA or off the waiver wire.

You've got to stop thinking that anybody wants the Broncos cast-offs. If they're not welcome here, why would anybody else want them? Dawkins was too old for the Eagles 3 years ago and was released because he was a liability in coverage. He hasn't gotten younger since then.

The same lack of play that has DJ on the chopping block means other teams don't want him either. Perhaps he'll find a team to come in and compete for a job. But nobody wants to give up anything for him. Maybe a 7th rounder.

But, I doubt even that. Most likely the failure to trade him was due to complete and total lack of interest.

Teams were'nt' willing to take on Orton's salary either and he was by far the most marketable Bronco outside of Brandon Lloyd (who was only worth a 6th rounder).

Cugel
10-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Asante Samuel looked pretty bad during those Philly losses. That's why they're unloading him. He never liked to tackle much, and now he's looking like a liability in coverage too?

Huge salary, wouldn't want to come here. Broncos wouldn't consider taking him even if he were a FA, let alone trading anything for him.

Not a good idea. Not going to happen. :coffee:

dogfish
10-18-2011, 02:27 PM
Typical fan think. :coffee:

DJ Williams has virtually zero value. Brian Dawkins is in his last season and has zero value. Eddie Royal is often injured, little used and has virtually zero value.

Nobody wants to pay the Broncos anything for these players. You can find better players that them in FA or off the waiver wire.

You've got to stop thinking that anybody wants the Broncos cast-offs. If they're not welcome here, why would anybody else want them? Dawkins was too old for the Eagles 3 years ago and was released because he was a liability in coverage. He hasn't gotten younger since then.

The same lack of play that has DJ on the chopping block means other teams don't want him either. Perhaps he'll find a team to come in and compete for a job. But nobody wants to give up anything for him. Maybe a 7th rounder.

But, I doubt even that. Most likely the failure to trade him was due to complete and total lack of interest.

Teams were'nt' willing to take on Orton's salary either and he was by far the most marketable Bronco outside of Brandon Lloyd (who was only worth a 6th rounder).

dude, gimme a break. . . you think i don't know what DJ's trade value is, or how old dawkins is? i never said we'd get anything for those guys, just said i wouldn't trade them for samuel-- you know. . . responding to the initial post? stick that sarcastic coffee smiley up your ass, and save the shrill lecturing for the madden fanbois on the main board. . .

:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee: