PDA

View Full Version : Total Pouty Faces In Game: 2

CutlerzPoutyFace
12-28-2008, 08:56 PM
So far there have been 2 Pouty Face looks on TV.

That's my count at least.

2 big penalties by those quality "rookie replacements" you always rotate through a lot.

1 missed extra point

Chargers 10-6

CutlerzPoutyFace
12-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Chargers 17, Denver 6

Total Pouty Faces: 3
Blown Coverages by busted old poor off-season acquisitions that were too old and no good: 3
Bailey cant seem to keep up with VJ and the linebackers which in bullet 2 of my last post I noted were too old can't keep up with Gates.

Anything I'm missing so far?

CutlerzPoutyFace
12-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Holy Crap,

You guys finally got flagged for chopblocking. See my first thread in the CHEATING paragraph.

Total pouty faces: 4 but this time I understand since everyone is dropping the ball.

Sloanfeld
12-28-2008, 09:22 PM
You think there's lots of pouty faces tonight? Just wait until Saturday.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/michael_silver/02/08/manning/p1_peyton_down2.jpg

CutlerzPoutyFace
12-28-2008, 09:27 PM
nice sloanfeld. well put, as usual.

CutlerzPoutyFace
12-28-2008, 09:36 PM
Chargers 24, Denver 6

Total pouty faces: still 4, I wish the cameraman would zoom in better.

Total nervous looks by Broncos secondary : 2 (both Bly and Bell in the final 20 yards)

Total rushing t-downs for LT: 2

Now, I'd like to use this thread to illustrate my points in my previous two threads, so at this time let me point out how your secondary has busted old players with new players who will not gain anything from the contact.

Next year the busted older players will be gone, your new recruits no better and your team in a steady decline.

CutlerzPoutyFace
12-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Now they're calling in Hochuli to see what he thinks about Sheffler being out of bounds...

CutlerzPoutyFace
12-28-2008, 09:51 PM
Half-time: Chargers 24, Denver 6

Nice INT Cutler: close-up afterwards = 5th pouty face

Sproles is going to murder your slowpoke LBs after the half.
That's cause they are TOO OLD!!!!!!

LIke your secondary STARTERS!!!!!

Orange crushed....Let's see how the 2nd half goes...

pumpdoc
12-28-2008, 09:54 PM
First half, it sucks to be you.:elefant:

BroncoJoe
12-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Fags.

Gamechanger
12-28-2008, 10:10 PM

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/michael_silver/02/08/manning/p1_peyton_down2.jpg

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Health/ap_dan_marino_070529_mn.jpg

PHAIL!!!

broncobryce
12-28-2008, 10:16 PM
Even more bandwagon fans, bitch

CutlerzPoutyFace
Chargers 31, Denver 13

Pouty Faces: still 5

Blown run defense plays by sorry ass linebackers: 2

Number of Broncos fans responding to thread by resorting to calling Chargers Fans fags: 1

Gamechanger

enjoy Baltimore knocking you out of the playoffs :coffee:

broncobryce
12-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Chargers 31, Denver 13

Pouty Faces: still 5

Blown run defense plays by sorry ass linebackers: 2

Number of Broncos fans responding to thread by resorting to calling Chargers Fans fags: 1

Number of fans that know you're a bitch.....all of us:laugh:

underrated29
12-28-2008, 10:19 PM
all i got to say is wow.

And we will see you guys on the couch next week.

broncobryce
12-28-2008, 10:20 PM
and if you're keeping track, number of times your mom should have swallowed......at least once, cuz you're here.

CutlerzPoutyFace
12-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Chargers 38, Denver 13

Cutler INTs: 2
LT touchdowns: 3
Blown run defenses since the last two just minutes ago by your sorry ass older been around the league and suck ass LBs and SECONDARY UNIT: 1

Number of fans calling Chargers posting on this thread bitch: 1

CutlerzPoutyFace
12-28-2008, 10:21 PM
and if you're keeping track, number of times your mom should have swallowed......at least once, cuz you're here.

number of times your wife didn't. well, how many kids do you think you have?

Sloanfeld
12-28-2008, 10:24 PM
I saw like three pouty faces from the INT to LT's TD. This game is going exactly as I expected.

Gamechanger
12-28-2008, 10:24 PM
CutlerzPoutyFace and Sloanfeld:

http://www.themadhat.com/images/fail_20at_20failing.jpg

CutlerzPoutyFace
12-28-2008, 10:28 PM
CutlerzPoutyFace and Sloanfeld:

http://www.themadhat.com/images/fail_20at_20failing.jpg
just so you know GAMECHANGER:

"No, that's not a double negative" is a double negative as both no and not delete the negative meaning and thus indicate a phrase similar to "Yes, this is a negative" which I doubt is what you meant to say...

Gamechanger
12-28-2008, 10:30 PM
just so you know GAMECHANGER:

"No, that's not a double negative" is a double negative as both no and not delete the negative meaning and thus indicate a phrase similar to "Yes, this is a negative" which I doubt is what you meant to say...

:coffee: and you think i give a damn? :coffee: flippin idiot

broncobryce
12-28-2008, 10:31 PM
number of times your wife didn't. well, how many kids do you think you have?

If you have to explain your smack it isn't very good. :welcome:

CutlerzPoutyFace
12-28-2008, 10:32 PM
I saw like three pouty faces from the INT to LT's TD. This game is going exactly as I expected.

I'll add those to the list SLOANFELD, gracias again.

Total count now called at 8 since I'm taking one of your three to be the one pouty face I saw myself.

CutlerzPoutyFace
12-28-2008, 10:33 PM
If you have to explain your smack it isn't very good. :welcome:

if you resort to talking shit about people's mothers etc as an introduction into a threaded discussion then neither is yours. why don't you try something else this time?

CutlerzPoutyFace
12-28-2008, 10:35 PM
:coffee: and you think i give a damn? :coffee: flippin idiot

No, I don't think you don't give a damn. Now is that a double negative or isn't not it?

Gamechanger
12-28-2008, 10:38 PM
No, I don't think you don't give a damn. Now is that a double negative or isn't not it?

:tsk: PHAILURE

broncobryce
12-28-2008, 10:39 PM
if you resort to talking shit about people's mothers etc as an introduction into a threaded discussion then neither is yours. why don't you try something else this time?

I didn't say anything that wasn't true. Now, enjoy the bandwagon ride, it will be over next week.

CutlerzPoutyFace
12-28-2008, 10:40 PM
I'll be looking forward to explaining how LT/Sproles is going to destroy your run defense next week... At least Pittsburgh will be a serious threat.

Gamechanger
12-28-2008, 10:42 PM
I'll be looking forward to explaining how LT/Sproles is going to destroy your run defense next week... At least Pittsburgh will be a serious threat.

i'll be looking forward to this next week:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/image/2007/11/11/op51-8336.jpg

Gamechanger
12-28-2008, 10:43 PM
oh yea an 8-8 division winner just spells PHAIL!!!!!

broncobryce
12-28-2008, 10:47 PM
Lt's vagina is hurt again

CutlerzPoutyFace
12-28-2008, 10:48 PM
Chargers 38, Denver 21

Total pouty faces: 9, a beauty right after the stop and subsequent take away on fourth down.

Sheffler touchdowns beating our dumb ass safety Hart: 2

Hey, you guys should pick him up in the offseason when we shed him...

CutlerzPoutyFace
12-28-2008, 10:50 PM

how does it feel to have that kind of injury? We could use your help since you're probably going to be bored for the month of January....

Gamechanger
12-28-2008, 10:51 PM

well it is the end of the month.......:laugh:

broncobryce
12-28-2008, 10:51 PM
No thanks. But I'm sure you'll just get another steriod freak to replace him.

broncobryce
12-28-2008, 10:57 PM
By the way, wasn't that a SAFETY covering Scheffler?

CutlerzPoutyFace
12-28-2008, 10:59 PM
posts about vaginas and periods and steriods. hmmm...

Chargers 45, Denver 21

Pouty faces: 10
Run defense lapses: another one for sprolesy, i'm sorry but i've lost total count of run defense lapses.

AFC Championships for Chargers last three years deserved: 3
Earned: 3

Times Shataran said he hates Chargers: 1 (publicly)

Number of times a team has choked as bad as the Broncos: 0 (all the way back to 1967 when current playoff system began)

OUCH....

JONtheBRONCO
12-28-2008, 11:01 PM
God this guy is a faggot.

broncobryce
12-28-2008, 11:07 PM
AFC championships? Sorry bitch, you haven't seen any since 95

Sloanfeld
12-28-2008, 11:09 PM
Good game CPF, see you in the AFC Championship game.

P.S. JohntheBronco took the under on this game. LOL

Medford Bronco
12-28-2008, 11:16 PM
posts about vaginas and periods and steriods. hmmm...

Chargers 45, Denver 21

Pouty faces: 10
Run defense lapses: another one for sprolesy, i'm sorry but i've lost total count of run defense lapses.

AFC Championships for Chargers last three years deserved: 3
Earned: 3

Times Shataran said he hates Chargers: 1 (publicly)

Number of times a team has choked as bad as the Broncos: 0 (all the way back to 1967 when current playoff system began)

OUCH....

Number of Super Bowl Championships by the Sparklers zero

Shanarat has two and you will not get one this year either:coffee:

Poet
12-28-2008, 11:17 PM
Where you been all year?

broncobryce
12-28-2008, 11:17 PM
OH SHIT! I think someone lost a turd!! LOL

Devilspawn
12-28-2008, 11:28 PM
Number of Super Bowl Championships by the Sparklers zero

Shanarat has two and you will not get one this year either:coffee:
:eek: I had to do a double take. I think this is the first time I've seen you smack talk in that tone. I like it. :beer:

Medford Bronco
12-28-2008, 11:31 PM
:eek: I had to do a double take. I think this is the first time I've seen you smack talk in that tone. I like it. :beer:

lol watching that game tonight and the last 2 has pissed me off to know end.

no fight whatsoever on D. It is really embarassing.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-28-2008, 11:32 PM
Hey Dolts fan - enjoy your one week of fame - it will all end for you next Saturday night.

Poet
12-28-2008, 11:36 PM

He's a married man DS, back off the man. ;)

Medford Bronco
12-28-2008, 11:37 PM
He's a married man DS, back off the man. ;)

lol King me and DS go back to mania for years.

He is the best Raider fan on here bar none. Him and silver_black are good rival fans unlike some turds here

pumpdoc
12-28-2008, 11:54 PM
well it is the end of the month.......:laugh:

That the best you can do? Weak.:laugh:

CrazyHorse
12-29-2008, 12:00 AM
To all the Charger fans 8-8=8-8

pumpdoc
12-29-2008, 12:18 AM
To all the Charger fans 8-8=8-8

Better to be 8-8 after 4-8 than 8-8 after 8-5. Oh my.:cool:

broncobryce
12-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Better to be on a broncos board with two time superbowl champs than back home with the sparklers right?
Oh my= the weakest smack ever.

bengaaaaals1688
12-29-2008, 12:36 AM
lol King me and DS go back to mania for years.

He is the best Raider fan on here bar none. Him and silver_black are good rival fans unlike some turds here

DS is alright... But he is a bit mislead.:coffee:

As for this thread... I call fail... You won the division, use better smack.

NightTrainLayne
12-29-2008, 12:45 AM
better to be 8-8 after 4-8 than 8-8 after 8-5. Oh my.:cool:

lmmfao.

CrazyHorse
12-29-2008, 12:47 AM
Better to be 8-8 after 4-8 than 8-8 after 8-5. Oh my.:cool:

No, not really.

Sotally Tober
12-29-2008, 01:03 AM
Cutler was pouting a lot. The cameraman got him mouthing a few "are you kidding me"s too. Pretty funny. I just wish Cutler had a huge day so those could go along with the announcers knobbing him all game.

bengaaaaals1688
12-29-2008, 01:08 AM
No, not really.

Yes it is... You go 8-8 after being 4-8, you stepped up... Go 8-8 after being 8-5, you collapsed. 8-8 may not be good in either situation, but it is certainly better when you had to step up and win to get there, and it is also better when it gets you into the playoffs.

CutlerzPoutyFace
12-29-2008, 01:34 AM
Well my boyz and I stepped out for a minute; Thanks Sloanfeld for keeping these Broncos fans abreast of their insignificant developments.

Lots of little funny one liners.

Obviously, I meant to write AFC WEST Championship earlier. I know some of you smacklings jumped all over that.

Final count of pouty faces: 12
(I also caught lots of little "You gotta be kiddin me"s especially during the Sproles/Hester TDs which must have really felt bad being slammed down the throat.)

Off season acquisition needs for your sorry ass defense: at least 9. two starting lineman are decent.

High fives to other Broncos fans over lame "fag", "bitch", "fail" spelled PHAIL comments: at least 12.

Number of Broncos fans who waited til their team lost to post anything: at least 6

Pumpdoc, Sloanfeld, keep up the good work. I'll be in section F12 for the INDI game, look for me Broncos fans during the game...

BeefStew25
12-29-2008, 01:36 AM
http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/image/sbxxxii/elway6125.jpg

CutlerzPoutyFace
12-29-2008, 01:37 AM
Oh yeah...

and the number of years before we forget what a huge fricking CHOKE this was for Denver: FOREVER...

But, as I said before, SD will take Division away because the division
was always ours save for Hochuli's busted call.

CutlerzPoutyFace
12-29-2008, 01:42 AM
Hey Dolts fan - enjoy your one week of fame - it will all end for you next Saturday night.

I am sorry you lost and that the level of loss has never been done before in the NFL, probably aggravating you a bit.

Perhaps you might root on your AFC West rivals to play well against INDI thus bringing respect back to our division?

Lord knows after Denver, KC, and the Raiders year, it would behoove all of us to celebrate when an AFC team can represent us well, don't you think?

Watchthemiddle
12-29-2008, 01:45 AM
I am sorry you lost and that the level of loss has never been done before in the NFL, probably aggravating you a bit.

Perhaps you might root on your AFC West rivals to play well against INDI thus bringing respect back to our division?

Lord knows after Denver, KC, and the Raiders year, it would behoove all of us to celebrate when an AFC team can represent us well, don't you think?

You forgot to throw in the year that SD had. 8-8 is not too much to write home about.

CutlerzPoutyFace
12-29-2008, 01:50 AM
Cutler was pouting a lot. The cameraman got him mouthing a few "are you kidding me"s too. Pretty funny. I just wish Cutler had a huge day so those could go along with the announcers knobbing him all game.

He'll probably go into hiding for awhile. You'll still spot him though if you look for a guy with a melodramatic closed eye look and a beanie that stands straight up with hair pointing out underneath in all directions.
http://www.zwarte-maan.nl/art-zwartelichten-betekenisafb/300px-Ringo_starr.jpg

CutlerzPoutyFace
12-29-2008, 01:54 AM
You forgot to throw in the year that SD had. 8-8 is not too much to write home about.

Did you just fail to see how San Diego won the so-called rival in it's division 52-21? Add Hochuli's blown call and the fact that the Chargers lost 8 games by a total of 34 points, and I'd say we've got some momentum.

As I said, perhaps you could stop sucking the thumb and root on the AFC West Champs this year. I already said in an earlier post, at least twice, that I would do it for the Broncos.

Sheeshh...

Sotally Tober
12-29-2008, 02:59 AM
As I posted elsewhere.

It's the Colts in San Diego, at night, on a very long win streak, barely holding up defensively, running that weak cover 2 defense that Denver prefers too, favored as Superbowl champions by many broadcasters, and did I mention running the table in the AFC.
All of this they've had before and you know who took 'em out then?
The San Diego Chargers. In all honesty, The Colts are going to lose on Saturday.

Gamechanger
12-29-2008, 10:00 AM
As I posted elsewhere.

It's the Colts in San Diego, at night, on a very long win streak, barely holding up defensively, running that weak cover 2 defense that Denver prefers too, favored as Superbowl champions by many broadcasters, and did I mention running the table in the AFC.
The San Diego Chargers. In all honesty, The Colts are going to lose on Saturday.

you sure bout that?

Poet
12-29-2008, 10:04 AM
As I posted elsewhere.

The cover 2 is not a weak defense. Surely you have heard of Tampa Bay?

Who cares what people thought about the Colts in 05? Different team completely. I have the Chargers winning that game, I actually think you guys can get to the Superbowl.

But, I have intelligent reasons for my predictions, you're just sorta like a broken record; odds are that every once in a blue moon you will be right. :laugh:

Gamechanger
12-29-2008, 10:08 AM
I call bs, if you guys are high off a damn 8-8 record against a good offense but have a WEAK defense (sorry Bronc's) then i'm hoping we humble your ass

you guys are gonna miss Fairyman in the playoffs, no amount of blitzing in that damn scheme can make up for the pressure he creates

see you next week

Poet
12-29-2008, 10:21 AM
I call bs, if you guys are high off a damn 8-8 record against a good offense but have a WEAK defense (sorry Bronc's) then i'm hoping we humble your ass

you guys are gonna miss Fairyman in the playoffs, no amount of blitzing in that damn scheme can make up for the pressure he creates

see you next week

Before you go any further, note that I am a fan of the Bengals and I like you as a poster.

You are right, the Chargers defense misses Captain Steriods. However, it's all about being hot in the playoffs. No one is hotter than the Chargers right now, not even the Colts. Their defense still has flashes of brilliance, and Rivera is still a darn good defensive coordinator.

Neither team is at or close to full strength. The Charger's pass rush is lacking this year. They caught a break in that your running game is lacking as well. You have to pass more, and because they know that the playing field is even.

You also happen to be out a wide receiver. Harrison was never much of a playoff wideout, I remember him having four dropped balls in the playoffs in a first half against the Patriots (thank god you beat them and won the SB). However, he still used to demand respect. Now, he is honestly old and decrepit.

Their offense is also a lot better than the old Chargers team. The entire deal of Rivers being carried by his team is over. He is a stud. Anyone who thinks he is not a legit QB and a beast is either a blind fool, homer, or refuses to see the truth. I hate to say it because he is a classless jerk who happens to be a moron. That being said their passing game is on fire, Gates is healthy, LT may even suck it up and not be a pansy this year.

The Chargers used to be a talented squad that relied on four players from each side of the ball to carry their team. They were flashy and held no substance as a team. Reality hit them this year like a semi-truck hitting a two door sedan. They started to realize that they field eleven men on the field, not just four or five.

If the Colts do win it won't be a surprise. However, if the Chargers get out of the first round I have a hard time finding any team in the AFC who can beat them.

Honestly I the winner of your game imo will go to the Superbowl. The Ravens are overrated. Their defense is never as good as they look. They have a nasty knack of getting crushed by elite QBs. Palmer has killed them for years, and I don't know if my boy is even elite anymore. Manning has a sick track record against them, and Rivers is honestly an elite QB this year. The only QB who is obviously better than him this year is Brees. I don't know if Manning has outplayed him this season. In fact, if anyone but those two players get the MVP I will very irritated. I suppose Turner has a claim to it.

Just my thoughts.

Gamechanger
12-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Before you go any further, note that I am a fan of the Bengals and I like you as a poster.

You are right, the Chargers defense misses Captain Steriods. However, it's all about being hot in the playoffs. No one is hotter than the Chargers right now, not even the Colts. Their defense still has flashes of brilliance, and Rivera is still a darn good defensive coordinator.

Neither team is at or close to full strength. The Charger's pass rush is lacking this year. They caught a break in that your running game is lacking as well. You have to pass more, and because they know that the playing field is even.

You also happen to be out a wide receiver. Harrison was never much of a playoff wideout, I remember him having four dropped balls in the playoffs in a first half against the Patriots (thank god you beat them and won the SB). However, he still used to demand respect. Now, he is honestly old and decrepit.

Their offense is also a lot better than the old Chargers team. The entire deal of Rivers being carried by his team is over. He is a stud. Anyone who thinks he is not a legit QB and a beast is either a blind fool, homer, or refuses to see the truth. I hate to say it because he is a classless jerk who happens to be a moron. That being said their passing game is on fire, Gates is healthy, LT may even suck it up and not be a pansy this year.

The Chargers used to be a talented squad that relied on four players from each side of the ball to carry their team. They were flashy and held no substance as a team. Reality hit them this year like a semi-truck hitting a two door sedan. They started to realize that they field eleven men on the field, not just four or five.

If the Colts do win it won't be a surprise. However, if the Chargers get out of the first round I have a hard time finding any team in the AFC who can beat them.

Honestly I the winner of your game imo will go to the Superbowl. The Ravens are overrated. Their defense is never as good as they look. They have a nasty knack of getting crushed by elite QBs. Palmer has killed them for years, and I don't know if my boy is even elite anymore. Manning has a sick track record against them, and Rivers is honestly an elite QB this year. The only QB who is obviously better than him this year is Brees. I don't know if Manning has outplayed him this season. In fact, if anyone but those two players get the MVP I will very irritated. I suppose Turner has a claim to it.

Just my thoughts.

although it wasn't directed at you, I respect your thoughs and I like you as both a poster and I respect the Bengals somewhat because I know what its like to cheer for a bad team, tonight I will give you a debate, too much to type right now

bengaaaaals1688
12-29-2008, 12:59 PM

Just my thoughts.

I have to disagree with you about the Chargers being a hotter team than the Colts...

The Colts haven't lost since week 8, and in that time they also beat the Chargers. The Chargers, on the other hand, beat 2 teams which define the word inept, another team whose defense hasn't stopped anyone since 1970, and a Bucs team that completely lost it after they got decimated by the Panthers. I'll give the Chargers credit for winning and putting themselves in the playoffs, but while the Colts have had a few close games, they have won 8 straight against bad and good teams, beaten the same Chargers team that they will be playing next week, and had their QB complete his 9th consecutive 4,000 yard game.

I'll take the Colts by 14.

Poet
12-29-2008, 02:13 PM
I have to disagree with you about the Chargers being a hotter team than the Colts...
At the end of the year the Colts had some leeway, the Chargers most definitely did not. To me that is why I think they are a hotter team because the Chargers have played more do or die teams. Also, the Chargers have been playing some fantastic football, and routing a divisional rival like that in what really was a playoff game has to be the biggest high any team is feeling right now.

The Colts haven't lost since week 8, and in that time they also beat the Chargers. The Chargers, on the other hand, beat 2 teams which define the word inept, another team whose defense hasn't stopped anyone since 1970, and a Bucs team that completely lost it after they got decimated by the Panthers. I'll give the Chargers credit for winning and putting themselves in the playoffs, but while the Colts have had a few close games, they have won 8 straight against bad and good teams, beaten the same Chargers team that they will be playing next week, and had their QB complete his 9th consecutive 4,000 yard game.
The Colts beat the Chargers........for once. Fact of the matter is that the Chargers own the Colts and both teams are banged up. I don't want to sound like Ghost, and only you will know what I mean when I say that, but things do change in the playoffs. Can that Colt's D contain a healthy LT? Can they stop a healthy Gates? Rivers honestly has a stong argument for outplaying Manning this year. The Chargers defense is better than the Colt's defense IMO, and right now their offense is superior to the Colts as well.
I'll take the Colts by 14.

The only way that the Colts beat the Chargers by that much is if there is a last second defensive score by the Colts due to the Bolts being forced throw a bad pass or what not.

bengaaaaals1688
12-29-2008, 05:01 PM
The only way that the Colts beat the Chargers by that much is if there is a last second defensive score by the Colts due to the Bolts being forced throw a bad pass or what not.

If I remember correctly, and I do, the Patriots owned the Colts at one point as well. The Colts have better coaching, the best QB, a better OL, a better WR corps (even without Harrison being relevant), and a good enough defense.

Don't get me wrong, the Chargers have loads of talent, but while the teams they have beaten have been in do or die situations, the teams still haven't been good. They blew out the Raiders, but they should have, they barely pulled it out against a Chiefs team that may actually be worse than the Lions (even if they had a better record), beat a team that lost itself when the Panthers lit them up in the Bucs, and then torched a Broncos team that hasn't had that fire they have needed all season and have a defense that makes our defense from last year look good. The Chargers have played well, but the Colts have played better.

Things change in the playoffs, and the Colts are a better playoff team than the Chargers have even dreamed of being in recent history.

Poet
12-29-2008, 07:40 PM
If I remember correctly, and I do, the Patriots owned the Colts at one point as well. The Colts have better coaching, the best QB, a better OL, a better WR corps (even without Harrison being relevant), and a good enough defense.
Their only wideout of any proven worth is Wayne. Wayne may actually be really underrated, he's just so above average at everything, and exceptional at route running that he may be the most well rounded player at his position (maybe Steve Smith?). However, Vincent Jackson is damn good. Chambers is more than adequate. I think it is a wash because while the Colts have a true STUD wideout, Gonzalez is their number two. The tight end situation to me is in the favor of San Diego because a healthy Gates dwarfs any other tight end in the game right now.
Don't get me wrong, the Chargers have loads of talent, but while the teams they have beaten have been in do or die situations, the teams still haven't been good. They blew out the Raiders, but they should have, they barely pulled it out against a Chiefs team that may actually be worse than the Lions (even if they had a better record), beat a team that lost itself when the Panthers lit them up in the Bucs, and then torched a Broncos team that hasn't had that fire they have needed all season and have a defense that makes our defense from last year look good. The Chargers have played well, but the Colts have played better.

Nice point about them beating bad or average teams. I feel you on that. However, I would point to how much a close LOSS meant to the Giants last year.

Things change in the playoffs, and the Colts are a better playoff team than the Chargers have even dreamed of being in recent history.

I would argue that on paper the old Charger teams crush this Colt team. I know on paper means nothing, I just like to argue (like you don't know that). However, the Colts team that won it all was "worse" than their old teams. They went from EDGE to a mini RBBC with Addai and Rhodes. Their passing game was noticeably worse, and as usual Freeney and Sanders looked at the other 9 guys on defense and screamed "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU IDIOTS DOING!??!?!?!?" Their offense stuttered until the Superbowl and their defense thought they were the Steel Curtain and crushed all opposing offenses.

The point I am making is that way too many teams rely on flash. In the regular season flash can win you a lot of games. You just dominate your opponents with your roster. Your gameplan can blow, your coordinators can suck at adjustments, and you can almost half arse it. Then you show up at the playoffs and leave early.

The Chargers have become worse as a personnel team and better as a cohesive unit. Considering the fact that they own the Colts and both teams are banged up, I got them winning it.

Hell, whoever wins this game is going to the SB. I would put money on that (barring major injuries of course).

Sotally Tober
12-29-2008, 09:07 PM
Thanks to the Bengals fans. But we match up very well against the Colts, always do. I mean this year it took a 51 yard field goal and ONLY a 51 yard field goal to beat us. We're a better team now and I think we'll be able to hang in even better, leading to us winning out. Still it will only be by 3 or 7 points and both teams will feel like they left something on the table.

Poet
12-29-2008, 09:24 PM
Thanks to the Bengals fans. But we match up very well against the Colts, always do. I mean this year it took a 51 yard field goal and ONLY a 51 yard field goal to beat us. We're a better team now and I think we'll be able to hang in even better, leading to us winning out. Still it will only be by 3 or 7 points and both teams will feel like they left something on the table.

I can only read your posts and go back to my previous assertion.

bengaaaaals1688
12-29-2008, 10:28 PM
I would argue that on paper the old Charger teams crush this Colt team. I know on paper means nothing, I just like to argue (like you don't know that). However, the Colts team that won it all was "worse" than their old teams. They went from EDGE to a mini RBBC with Addai and Rhodes. Their passing game was noticeably worse, and as usual Freeney and Sanders looked at the other 9 guys on defense and screamed "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU IDIOTS DOING!??!?!?!?" Their offense stuttered until the Superbowl and their defense thought they were the Steel Curtain and crushed all opposing offenses.

The point I am making is that way too many teams rely on flash. In the regular season flash can win you a lot of games. You just dominate your opponents with your roster. Your gameplan can blow, your coordinators can suck at adjustments, and you can almost half arse it. Then you show up at the playoffs and leave early.

The Chargers have become worse as a personnel team and better as a cohesive unit. Considering the fact that they own the Colts and both teams are banged up, I got them winning it.

Hell, whoever wins this game is going to the SB. I would put money on that (barring major injuries of course).

As a #2, right now, I would take Gonzo over Jackson, but I am also of the belief that Harrison will make more of an impact than many people, including you, expect him to. It is still the Harrison Manning connection, even if that connection has gotten a little bit worn down.

On paper the Bengals would be at least 8-8, and the Titans wouldn't even be in the playoffs. I know the sentiment, and I understand it, you arguing SOB, but I care about the product on the field, at least as games are played... This offseason you'll see me spout about how great we look on paper, then I'll watch the game and I'll hate our team again.:tsk:

And the playoff experience is another thing that I think gives the Colts the edge... Sanders, I believe, is back and always hypes up the defense to a ridiculous level, Manning is still the best QB in the game, their defense is actually better than it was the year it dragged the Colts to the SB. I think the Colts when by 14, but I also expect it to be a hard fought 14 point win.