PDA

View Full Version : Demaryius Thomas steps in as Brandon Lloyd shipped out by Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
10-17-2011, 01:09 PM
One receiver leaves, three more return.

Just as the Broncos and Rams were finalizing a deal to send Brandon Lloyd to St. Louis, the Broncos began their first post-bye practice with receivers Demaryius Thomas and Eddie Royal​ and receiving tight end Julius Thomas on the field.

All three players have missed significant time with injuries this season. Royal participated in one practice last week before the bye.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19131647

TXBRONC
10-17-2011, 01:13 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19131647

If D. Thomas can stay healthy I think he will end up being a better receiver than Lloyd.

Northman
10-17-2011, 01:14 PM
If D. Thomas can stay healthy I think he will end up being a better receiver than Lloyd.

Agreed. The healthy issue will be the greatest concern but i think he has the tools to be a CJ2. A lot of potential there, just hope he can stay on the field.

claymore
10-17-2011, 01:15 PM
If D Thomas makes it the rest of the year without missing a game due to injury I will shave my head.

CoachChaz
10-17-2011, 01:17 PM
If DT even shows the heart and desire to be a professional football player...I will shave Clay's head.

BroncoStud
10-17-2011, 01:17 PM
D. Thomas steps in? Whatever... This guy is made of glass. Counting on him to fill ANYONE'S shoes is laughable. We lose Lloyd but gain Glass Joe.

Rock on. :thrasher:

Buff
10-17-2011, 01:18 PM
If D Thomas can get through the year without being an accessory to rape, I will shave clay's balls.

claymore
10-17-2011, 01:20 PM
If D Thomas can get through the year without being an accessory to rape, I will shave clay's balls.

Now this is getting juicy.

weazel
10-17-2011, 01:21 PM
he should be good for 2 and a half quarters and 4 catches before he breaks...

I hear he's been working hard and he looks pretty good!
http://i2.listal.com/image/1343367/500full.jpg

vandammage13
10-17-2011, 02:02 PM

I agree...The guy definitely has all the physical talent you can want in a WR.

Still, I think it will be tough for him to ever come back 100% from the achilles injury...Chances are he will get hurt again before the end of the year.

Maybe it was just a string of bad luck and he'll be healthy from here on out, but usually if a guy starts out always being hurt then that's just what it will always be until the injuries finally catch up with him and he's out of the league after 3 years.

Dzone
10-17-2011, 02:04 PM
DThomas is practicing? They must be starting a new Wheelchair Football League.
Thats his only option.

MileHighCrew
10-17-2011, 02:11 PM
DT will finish the year with better stats than Lloyd............. maybe ....... but that is what I'm sayin

G_Money
10-17-2011, 02:16 PM
DThomas is a good receiver when he's on the field. That hasn't been nearly enough. Crossing my fingers and praying for his health, I guess.

~G

underrated29
10-17-2011, 02:18 PM
If DT makes it through a year of playing and not hurt I am going to start selling razors because people will have a lot of shaving to do.

I recommend the Schik Ocho. 8 blades for the ultra smooth close shave that will get there when 4 blades is just not enough.

* Bonus offer *
Just like DT- we will throw in 4 extra blades for free incase you break a few. A hobbled razor is better than chafing.

BigDaddyBronco
10-17-2011, 02:19 PM
DThomas is a good receiver when he's on the field. That hasn't been nearly enough. Crossing my fingers and praying for his health, I guess.

~G

What has he been hurt with other than the broken foot, torn achilles, and broken pinkie finger? Was there anything else last year?

G_Money
10-17-2011, 02:26 PM
Pretty sure he had a bruised Want-To in there somewhere...

~G

G_Money
10-17-2011, 02:27 PM
What has he been hurt with other than the broken foot, torn achilles, and broken pinkie finger? Was there anything else last year?

It's like Domenik Hixon never left - and somehow cost us a first round pick.

~G

I Eat Staples
10-17-2011, 04:37 PM

He definitely has more talent, but that's a big if.

Dreadnought
10-17-2011, 04:41 PM
Well, not much downside for us. Its not like the loss of Lloyd is going to screw up our playoff run. lloyd had his issues as well - alongside a great 2010 season. Thomas and Decker might be an improvement, so I guess we'll see what we see

Lancane
10-17-2011, 04:45 PM
Lloyd wasn't doing all that well, he averaged little over 50 yards receiving a game and has had not one touchdown. We're in deeper shit if our other receivers can not even match that standard. And if not, we might be drafting one of the top big target receivers in the next draft.

Northman
10-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Lloyd wasn't doing all that well, he averaged little over 50 yards receiving a game and has had not one touchdown. We're in deeper shit if our other receivers can not even match that standard. And if not, we might be drafting one of the top big target receivers in the next draft.

I would think that would happen anyway. I think that QB, RB, and WR will be on the agenda come next draftime.

MileHighCrew
10-17-2011, 04:48 PM
rams released mike sims-walker, maybe the broncos add him for depth and the trade looks better. walker is younger too

Northman
10-17-2011, 04:50 PM
rams released mike sims-walker, maybe the broncos add him for depth and the trade looks better. walker is younger too

Yea, i pointed that out in another thread. Walker in his first 3 years has better numbers than Lloyd albeit not by much. But taking 8 years to finally have a breakout season (although many inflated stats) isnt my ideal idea of a great WR.

MileHighCrew
10-17-2011, 04:52 PM
good insurrance for DT too, and he would be cheap which is great.

Lancane
10-17-2011, 04:54 PM
I would think that would happen anyway. I think that QB, RB, and WR will be on the agenda come next draftime.

There is that possibility...

Lancane
10-17-2011, 04:57 PM

He's a big bodied receiver that could be used like a hyper tight end/wide receiver, he'd probably give Willis a run for his money on the depth chart.

BroncoWave
10-17-2011, 04:59 PM
IF Thomas could actually stay healthy and play up to his potential, I would be fine with the Lloyd trade, but I am not holding my breath at all.

DenBronx
10-17-2011, 05:02 PM
I like the idea of adding sims walker if possible just for depth. also dont forget about riley who looked really good in preseason with teboy.

super excited about seeing demaryius back and ready to go. add in royal, and orange julious and this offense just got a facelift!

my brother is a dolphin fan from florida and i think he's more excited to see tecup and the broncos than the fins next sunday.

silkamilkamonico
10-17-2011, 05:24 PM

John fox get practice squad UDFAs to come play in his system. He should NOT be drafting a WR anywhere in the draft.

horsepig
10-17-2011, 05:33 PM
Do I already have to start bitching about drafting DL?

SmilinAssasSin27
10-17-2011, 05:33 PM
Isn't Royal on the trade block too? ESPN mentioned that this afternoon...

HORSEPOWER 56
10-17-2011, 06:19 PM
Isn't Royal on the trade block too? ESPN mentioned that this afternoon...

Honestly, I don't know if Royal is actually healthy enough to trade. He probably couldn't pass a physical. He just returned to practice so who knows...

Lancane
10-17-2011, 06:29 PM
Honestly, I don't know if Royal is actually healthy enough to trade. He probably couldn't pass a physical. He just returned to practice so who knows...

We could package him!

I would, but that's me...

Trade Kyle Orton and Knowshon Moreno to Oakland for Michael Bush.

Send WR Eddie Royal, LB DJ Williams and SS Brian Dawkins to Philadelphia for their extra 4th Round Pick and CB Curtis Marsh.

Jsteve01
10-17-2011, 06:34 PM
you're good at madden aren't ya lan?

Lancane
10-17-2011, 06:39 PM
you're good at madden aren't ya lan?

Don't play Madden, it doesn't take brain cells to play it. I like games that make you think and struggle.

As for the trades I mentioned, I think they're both feasible if you have a General Manager that isn't a chicken shit of trying to make it happen.

T.K.O.
10-17-2011, 06:51 PM

word on the street is........he waxes !:beer::D:laugh: