PDA

View Full Version : Source: Rams closing in on trade for Broncos' Brandon Lloyd - UPDATED: Mortenson says it is final now

Pages : [1] 2

TXBRONC
10-17-2011, 10:43 AM
Source: Rams closing in on trade for Broncos' Brandon Lloyd
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 10/17/2011 09:12:11 AM MDT
Updated: 10/17/2011 09:31:42 AM MDT

Broncos receiver Brandon Lloyd was told he did not have to report to the team's facility today at Dove Valley, an indication a trade is near.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19131036

If Denver can close the deal I wonder what they will get for him? :ponder:

UPDATE/EDIT by Tned:

Chris Mortensen now reporting the deal with Rams is done and the Broncos will get a 5th or 6th based on Lloyds performance:

RT @mortreport: Rams give up a 6th rounder in 2012 that could become a 5th rounder depending Lloyd's pass receptions

Northman
10-17-2011, 10:45 AM
Awesome. I hope we can rape them somehow.

G_Money
Prayin for a 3rd. More likely a 4th.

~G

BeefStew25
OMG this is like right before the Cutler trade!

BroncoWave
10-17-2011, 10:46 AM
Beat me to it. I think it's ridiculous that we are trading Lloyd but hopefully we can at least get a decent draft pick for him. Hopefully DT is ready to go now.

Ravage!!!

:lol:

Thnikkaman

I bet Nut is crying right now. I hope that he can see past our beef so that I can offer him my support during his trying time right now.

Northman
10-17-2011, 10:47 AM
I bet Nut is crying right now. I hope that he can see past our beef so that I can offer him my support during his trying time right now.

I might just have to drive to Bowie to console him.

BeefStew25
10-17-2011, 10:48 AM
Beat me to it. I think it's ridiculous that we are trading Lloyd but hopefully we can at least get a decent draft pick for him. Hopefully DT is ready to go now.

Why? He is kinda like Hillis. One good year.

GEM
10-17-2011, 10:49 AM
McD will probably screw the Broncos again...

Tned
Some of the Tweets I'm seen right now indicate it's a done deal.

Northman

Glad you said it and not me.

Ravage!!!
10-17-2011, 10:50 AM

Yeah, buuuuut..... we only think that about Lloyd because he's black.

BroncoWave
10-17-2011, 10:50 AM

I think he's been solid this year as well, and with Tebow in now, Lloyd would have been a great asset for him. Now he has Eric Decker and a bunch of nobodies to throw it to. As I said, I hope DT is ready to go. And Lloyd's one good year was leading the NFL in yards, not finishing in the middle of the pack among starters.

Tned
10-17-2011, 10:51 AM
Jason LaCanfora is reporting deal is done:

RT @JasonLaCanfora Brandon Lloyd is being dealt to the Rams. More to come on NFL.com and NFL Network

http://twitter.com/#!/JasonLaCanfora/status/125958825734975491

BroncoWave
10-17-2011, 10:52 AM

Glad you said it and not me.

Yeah, buuuuut..... we only think that about Lloyd because he's black.

Wait, I thought I was the one obsessed with Hillis, not the three stooges who brought him up here...

G_Money
10-17-2011, 10:52 AM
That's that. Bring me a 3rd B-Lloyd. From the Rams that'd be a nice pick.

~G

CoachChaz
10-17-2011, 10:54 AM
A high 3rd would be an absolute blessing. My guess is its a 4th at best. Hope I'm wrong

BroncoWave
10-17-2011, 10:56 AM
I could live with a 3rd rounder. Given that it will be a high one that will be a nice asset for us.

TXBRONC
10-17-2011, 10:57 AM

Why is it ridiculous? Someone just today reported that he requested a trade before Orton was benched.

cuzz4169
I would be shocked if it was a 3rd or a 4th...im thinking 5th or 6th. Rams are 0-5 why would they give up a 3rd or 4th for a FA WR.

Dzone
Pat Bowlen is becoming the Monforts

BroncoWave
10-17-2011, 10:59 AM
Why is it ridiculous? Someone just today reported that he requested a trade before Orton was benched.

Tebow now has no one to throw the ball to. What was our biggest strength is now yet another hole to fill. Teams can just focus on Decker and that will be that. If teams weren't worried about Tebow beating them deep before, they CERTAINLY won't be now that his only deep threat is gone.

G_Money
10-17-2011, 11:01 AM
I would be shocked if it was a 3rd or a 4th...im thinking 5th or 6th. Rams are 0-5 why would they give up a 3rd or 4th for a FA WR.

I expect a 4th, I'd love a 3rd, I'd be slightly disappointed in a 5th...but you take what you can get, I guess.

If the Rams are gonna extend him then this gives them months to work that out before he hits the FA market. That alone, instead of bidding for his services, could be worth the 3rd instead of the 4th or 5th. All depends on your POV as an organization, I guess.

~G

slim
10-17-2011, 11:03 AM
I hope McD is calling the shots for the Rams on this.

vandammage13
10-17-2011, 11:04 AM

It probably took Lloyd about 2 games to realize the archaic monstrosity that is the John Fox offensive philosophy.

It's like purgatory for WR's.

It's not really surprising to me, considering that Lloyd seems to be a "me first" guy.

TXBRONC
10-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Tebow now has no one to throw the ball to. What was our biggest strength is now yet another hole to fill. Teams can just focus on Decker and that will be that. If teams weren't worried about Tebow beating them deep before, they CERTAINLY won't be now that his only deep threat is gone.

Actually I think Decker has good enough to stretch the field. I also think the other guys can pick up the slack. Besides that we're going try to run the ball about 50% of the time.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-17-2011, 11:08 AM
A few minutes ago, Klis stated on the ticket that Lloyd was told to not report to the Broncos' facility. Also stated that the Rams, last week, offered a 7th round pick, which, obviously, the Broncos did not take.

Nothing yet being reported in Denver that the deal is done. Also, a St. Louis media person is on with the ticket now, and nothing yet coming out of St. Louis.

edit - Rams offered a 7th round pick last week - I posted last year, which was inaccurate

Northman
10-17-2011, 11:09 AM
It probably took Lloyd about 2 games to realize the archaic monstrosity that is the John Fox offensive philosophy.

It's not really surprising to me, considering that Lloyd seems to be a "me first" guy.

Yea, ive said it all along that Lloyd wants to get paid. With Orton on the bench that doesnt happen.

BroncoWave
10-17-2011, 11:10 AM
Actually I think Decker has good enough to stretch the field. I also think the other guys can pick up the slack. Besides that we're going try to run the ball about 50% of the time.

I hope you're right, but the only deep play I can remember Decker making right off hand was the one where the two Bengals guys completely whiffed on what should have been an easy tackle. Willis could do it but his preseason stardom still hasn't translated to the regular season, and DT is still completely up in the air. IF he is actually healthy and can stay that way he is a great asset to have but I'm not holding my breath.

Northman
10-17-2011, 11:10 AM

I also think that Willis will be a good target. Tebow and Matt seemed to have some good chemistry at times in the preseason. And what about Riley? Isnt he on the practice squad? He's a burner isnt he?

TXBRONC
10-17-2011, 11:11 AM

Really? Steve Smith earlier in his career was a pro bowler in this offense.

Cugel
Probably a 6th rounder: The St. Louis Post Dispatch is reporting the Rams have offered a 7th rounder and that negotiations are "ongoing."

The pick could be conditional on how Lloyd does with the Rams, but it sounds unlikely to be a 3rd or even 4th. Third was the maximum they were asking, with the Rams offering a 7th they might settle on a 5th or more likely 6th.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch confirms that the Rams have had "several conversations" with the Broncos about a potential trade for Brandon Lloyd. (http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/nfl/den/?r=1)
According to the Post-Dispatch, the Rams "almost certainly" wouldn't offer a third-round pick for Lloyd, which is the maximum Denver is asking. A report from the Denver Post indicated the Broncos had only received seventh-round proposals as of midday Sunday. This Post-Dispatch report was from Sunday afternoon, but stories from FOX Sports' Jay Glazer and the Denver Post throughout the day have confirmed that there is ongoing interest from St. Louis.

BroncoWave
Yea, ive said it all along that Lloyd wants to get paid. With Orton on the bench that doesnt happen.

Not unlike 99% of NFL players.

BroncoWave
10-17-2011, 11:13 AM
I also think that Willis will be a good target. Tebow and Matt seemed to have some good chemistry at times in the preseason. And what about Riley? Isnt he on the practice squad? He's a burner isnt he?

I'm still waiting on Willis to do something in a regular season game. Yeah he and Tebow had a nice chemistry in the preseason but Willis has some much better DBs covering him now. He needs to show that he can beat them.

tomjonesrocks
10-17-2011, 11:14 AM
Not that it matters much, but the local San Diego sports radio guys were laughing this up, what good fortune it is that the Broncos have become among the worst organizations in the NFL.

Hard to disagree.

Cugel
10-17-2011, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post

The Broncos aren't going to be ABLE to run 50% of the time with teams stacking 8 men in the box to prevent Tebow from running the ball. They are all looking at game film now of Tebow running around back there and realize that he wants to run first and throw second.

To beat Tebow you take away what he does best --- which is run around outside the pocket and "make something happen." Same thing happened with Jake Plummer. He wasn't effective against teams that kept pressure on the edges to contain him in the pocket and prevent the designed rollout plays he liked.

BroncoWave
Probably a 6th rounder: The St. Louis Post Dispatch is reporting the Rams have offered a 7th rounder and that negotiations are "ongoing."

The pick could be conditional on how Lloyd does with the Rams, but it sounds unlikely to be a 3rd or even 4th. Third was the maximum they were asking, with the Rams offering a 7th they might settle on a 5th or more likely 6th.

If all we get is a 6th or 7th I will be furious. I'd rather have only 11 more games out of Lloyd than a freaking 6th or 7th round pick.

BeefStew25
If all we get is a 6th or 7th I will be furious. I'd rather have only 11 more games out of Lloyd than a freaking 6th or 7th round pick.

Why? So we have him for our playoff run?

GEM
10-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Wait, I thought I was the one obsessed with Hillis, not the three stooges who brought him up here...

You brought it up first, everyone else is just calling it on the floor.

BroncoWave
10-17-2011, 11:18 AM

I have CLEARLY outlined in this thread why. This is a crucial year in Tim Tebow's development and having a deep thread like Lloyd would have been great for him. Even if Lloyd would have left as a FA, the help he would have been to Tebow could have certainly benefited Denver in the future.

BroncoWave
You brought it up first, everyone else is just calling it on the floor.

Who brought it up first in this thread? I thought mods were supposed to keep threads on topic, but that's what I get for expecting them to do their jobs.

Nomad
Good luck BRONCOS!

jhildebrand
10-17-2011, 11:19 AM

No. Wouldn't the compensatory pick for Lloyd be better than a 7th? :confused:

Why not keep him, have someone T2 can rely on while they are evaluating him, and then end up with a higher pick in letting him walk? :confused:

BigDaddyBronco
10-17-2011, 11:19 AM
You would get more than a 6th or 7th round pick as compensation when he signed a contract with another team as a FA. Unless he is a pain in the ass and they need to dump him, I don't see how this is smart.

underrated29
10-17-2011, 11:20 AM

Couldnt agree more. We would likely get at least a 4th compensatory pick if he walked in FA. I would not like dumping him for a 6th or 7th.

BeefStew25
10-17-2011, 11:20 AM
I have CLEARLY outlined in this thread why. This is a crucial year in Tim Tebow's development and having a deep thread like Lloyd would have been great for him. Even if Lloyd would have left as a FA, the help he would have been to Tebow could have certainly benefited Denver in the future.

In a vaccum, yes.

You know what bitter vets do in a locker room around a rebuilding team?

Man. Have you ever played any organized sports? Good grief, kid.

BroncoAV06
10-17-2011, 11:21 AM
@AdamSchefter: Yet another official involved in trade talks b/w #Broncos & #Rams texted there is no trade done & there are a "lot of hurdles."

Never as easy as it sounds.

BeefStew25
10-17-2011, 11:21 AM
No. Wouldn't the compensatory pick for Lloyd be better than a 7th? :confused:

Why not keep him, have someone T2 can rely on while they are evaluating him, and then end up with a higher pick in letting him walk? :confused:

Discover a cancer, but don't cut it out until it is really big.

Northman
10-17-2011, 11:22 AM

The only thing i will say to this is good QB's can make average to unknown receivers productive. Manning has done this with guys like Collie, Brady with receivers on his squad, and god forbid Romo with that kid Holliday (i think thats his name). If Tebow is anything like some people predict he should be able to get these young receivers involved.

BroncoWave
In a vaccum, yes.

You know what bitter vets do in a locker room around a rebuilding team?

Man. Have you ever played any organized sports? Good grief, kid.

It's his contract year. Even if he is 100% playing for himself, it still helps Tebow. I played football for 3 years. I had teammates I hated but I realized they helped the team and would rather have them than not.

TXBRONC
The Broncos aren't going to be ABLE to run 50% of the time with teams stacking 8 men in the box to prevent Tebow from running the ball. They are all looking at game film now of Tebow running around back there and realize that he wants to run first and throw second.

To beat Tebow you take away what he does best --- which is run around outside the pocket and "make something happen." Same thing happened with Jake Plummer. He wasn't effective against teams that kept pressure on the edges to contain him in the pocket and prevent the designed rollout plays he liked.

I said about 50% of the time. While I think you're right defense are going to try and stack the box this is just a once sided deal. Fox isn't an idiot I would bet he's well aware of that possibility and I'm going to have to show he can go over the top consistently enough that teams will start backing off the idea.

Tned

Selective memory. The only team able to completely shut down Jake's rolling out of the pocket was Pitt in the AFCCG, and they shut down EVERYTHING the Broncos did that day. The Broncos couldn't run the ball, which made the play action rollouts (and any other play action) ineffective.

Cugel
Not that it matters much, but the local San Diego sports radio guys were laughing this up, what good fortune it is that the Broncos have become among the worst organizations in the NFL.

Hard to disagree.

They are 2 years too late in laughing! The Broncos are now rebuilding. If they wanted to laugh they should have been laughing when McMoron shipped out Cutler, Sheffler, Hillis, Torain & Marshall and passed up drafting Orakpo and Clay Matthews for Moreno and Ayers and traded a 1st rounder for the rights to draft Darcel McBath and then threw him away for nothing. Oh, and throwing away a 3rd rounder on Lawrence Maroney and throwing picks away to move up to draft Tim Tebow in the first round when he was a projected 2nd or 3rd round pick, were pretty "hilarious." :coffee:

Getting a 6th round pick for Brandon Lloyd this season instead of losing him as an UFA next January -- in a season where the Broncos are going nowhere is NOT a sign that the Broncos have "become one of the worst organizations in the NFL."

It's a sign that McMoron decimated the talent level on this team and that it's going to take years to restock with good young players.

Right now the team is divided between aging veterans from the Mike Shanahan era like Champ and a handful of rookies and FAs that Fox has brought in. For the most part the McDaniels era is a complete and total void in which the team squandered 4 first round draft picks in 2 years.

BroncoWave
10-17-2011, 11:23 AM
Yes, white skill players always get the benefit of the doubt from the white masses...except from BTB. He can see right through that crap.

I think Decker is by far our best WR. Do you try to be this stupid or does it come naturally?

BeefStew25
10-17-2011, 11:24 AM
I think Decker is by far our best WR. Do you try to be this stupid or does it come naturally?

He certainly doesn't try. He is white.

Nomad
10-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Decker looks Italian.....you know what that means ladies!:shocked:

slim
10-17-2011, 11:25 AM

Name calling is for losers...you are better than that.

Also, Lloyd is our best WR....you are better than that.

BroncoWave
10-17-2011, 11:25 AM
The only way I'd be okay with giving Lloyd away is if Denver is just going all in for Luck. I could at least somewhat get behind them for that. But if they think Tebow has potential and are still considering going that route, I hate this trade.

hotcarl
10-17-2011, 11:26 AM
sheffty tweet:

Yet another official involved in trade talks between Broncos and Rams texted there is no trade done and there are a "lot of hurdles."

jhildebrand
Discover a cancer, but don't cut it out until it is really big.

Touche.

But he was a cancer last year. Why not move him sooner? :confused:

Orton proved to be a cancer and one could argue Kuper, too. Why not move them? :confused:

Denver Native (Carol)
This was updated at 10:09 Denver time:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82334429/article/rams-to-acquire-veteran-receiver-lloyd-in-trade-with-broncos

Cugel
Selective memory. The only team able to completely shut down Jake's rolling out of the pocket was Pitt in the AFCCG, and they shut down EVERYTHING the Broncos did that day. The Broncos couldn't run the ball, which made the play action rollouts (and any other play action) ineffective.

YOU are the one with selective memory. You are choosing to remember the 2005 season when Jake was effective and the team went 13-3 and forgetting 2006 when he was benched after 11 games because teams figured out how to defense him and prevent him from rolling out and he wasn't accurate or effective throwing from inside the pocket.

Hence Pittsburgh wasn't the "only team" to shut down the Broncos offense, merely the first. :coffee:

BroncoWave
Name calling is for losers...you are better than that.

Also, Lloyd is our best WR....you are better than that.

I mean assuming Lloyd is gone. Clearly Lloyd is better than Decker.

So name calling is for losers, but trolling every post I make by claiming I'm motivated by race is totally mature. Got it!

GEM
10-17-2011, 11:27 AM
Unless we trade a whole lot more players for picks, we aren't in the Luck sweepstakes. With the Lloyd trade, we have 5 picks in the draft. We already have one win too many and if Indy picks first, they are replacing Manning for the future.

Tned
10-17-2011, 11:27 AM
Schefter and others are reporting Broncos/Rams officials say the trade is not final and there are "lots of hurdles" left in completing the trade.

BeefStew25
10-17-2011, 11:28 AM
Touche.

But he was a cancer last year. Why not move him sooner? :confused:

Orton proved to be a cancer and one could argue Kuper, too. Why not move them? :confused:

Because he performed?

hotcarl
10-17-2011, 11:29 AM
sheffty tweet:

Yet another official involved in trade talks between Broncos and Rams texted there is no trade done and there are a "lot of hurdles."

yeah i just posted that

Cugel
10-17-2011, 11:29 AM
Still no word on compensation. That could mean the pick was conditional on what Lloyd does this season with the Rams. Here's hoping he and Stafford are a great tandem and that he makes huge plays for them.

Not only would a couple of Rams victories help the Broncos draft pick, but it would take the Rams out of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes! :beer:

Northman
10-17-2011, 11:30 AM
Still no word on compensation. That could mean the pick was conditional on what Lloyd does this season with the Rams. Here's hoping he and Stafford are a great tandem and that he makes huge plays for them.

Not only would a couple of Rams victories help the Broncos draft pick, but it would take the Rams out of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes! :beer:

Stafford plays for Detroit. :lol:

Tned
10-17-2011, 11:31 AM
YOU are the one with selective memory. You are choosing to remember the 2005 season when Jake was effective and the team went 13-3 and forgetting 2006 when he was benched after 11 games because teams figured out how to defense him and prevent him from rolling out and he wasn't accurate or effective throwing from inside the pocket.

Hence Pittsburgh wasn't the "only team" to shut down the Broncos offense, merely the first. :coffee:

No, I'm not. I have documented this multiple times. You, like many, looked at things very superficially and went with the erroneous "blueprint theory" -- how Pitt gave teams a blueprint to stop Jake and the Broncos.

That simply isn't the case. The blueprint, God rest his soul, was Heimerdinger. He was brought in to change the Broncos to a drop back, pocket passing team in preparation for Cutler. From week 1 of 2006 against St. Louis, he removed virtually all of the Kubiak/Shanahan misdirection/rollout offense.

They simply stopped running the bootlegs, they were never stopped. I'll send you a link to one of the threads I have posted on this, so we don't pollute this one with correcting misinformation and erroneous ideas.

GEM
10-17-2011, 11:32 AM
That tandem won't be any good.....McD is even making Bradford look bad. :tsk:

BroncoBowlby 88
10-17-2011, 11:33 AM
This team is looking for a youth movement. Any draft pick is good for Loyd, even a 6 or 7th rounder! He was gone at the end of the year anyway, Decker has out performed him this year, and we have DT who is 1st round talent (if hes healthy). This offense doesn't require a big name guy and the WR's we have will stretch the field and give Tebow all the help he will need. Loyd is a cancer who had one standout year and was only going to cause trouble, there is a reason he couldn't cut it on other teams.

If the pick is conditional on how Loyd performs, I hope he goes wherever and lights it up and gives us a better pick. If not whatever, lets pick up some young guy late in the draft who is a team player

BroncoAV06
10-17-2011, 11:33 AM
yeah i just posted that

Post #53 in this thread...and what!?! :marchmellow:

Nomad
10-17-2011, 11:34 AM

A question, shouldn't great QBs make lousy OCs/HCs look good? THis is an argument made by many here.

Slick
10-17-2011, 11:35 AM
I guess we don't think that Brandon gives us the best chance to win now.

Cugel
10-17-2011, 11:36 AM
Unless we trade a whole lot more players for picks, we aren't in the Luck sweepstakes. With the Lloyd trade, we have 5 picks in the draft. We already have one win too many and if Indy picks first, they are replacing Manning for the future.

It's too early to tell for sure, and a couple of late victories can change everything, but Denver is sure looking like a 3-13 team right now.

The Vikings are now starting Ponder and he looked good last night. They might just win a couple.
The Rams have the worst offense in football, but have Stafford and just traded for Brandon Lloyd. They might start to win a few if he can make the kind of plays he made in Denver. Stafford was severely lacking in someone to throw to.
The Panthers' Newton is playing exceptionally well for a rookie, but they just keep losing.
The Dolphins are in disarray, without their starting QB and looking like the worst team in the NFL right now.
The Jaguars are the Dolphins' nemesis. They look horrible with no end in sight and the fans just don't care if the entire team moves to LA.
The Colts are still playing hard, but the losses keep mounting up. Are they going to tank at some point or will they keep playing together and manage to scrape out a couple of wins? It sure doesn't look like it right now.

So the competition is fierce this year, but the Broncos remain in the hunt. Just watching 4 games yesterday reminded me how truly BAD this Denver team is compared with even mediocre teams around the league.

Northman
10-17-2011, 11:39 AM

Yea, Sims-Walker is just a tad better than Lloyd was in his first 3 years and even he isnt making much of a difference than Lloyd would who is going on what? 9th year?

Either way, i hope we can jew them.

OMorange&blue
10-17-2011, 11:41 AM
It's too early to tell for sure, and a couple of late victories can change everything, but Denver is sure looking like a 3-13 team right now.

The Vikings are now starting Ponder and he looked good last night. They might just win a couple.
The Rams have the worst offense in football, but have Stafford and just traded for Brandon Lloyd. They might start to win a few if he can make the kind of plays he made in Denver. Stafford was severely lacking in someone to throw to.......

Stopped reading here.

slim
10-17-2011, 11:42 AM
Stopped reading here.

I usually stop at his user name.

TXBRONC
10-17-2011, 11:45 AM
This isn't a complaint but the title to the thread has changed but I don't see any posts that show that the deal is done.

Never mind I forgot that Tned posted that LaCanforna said the deal was done.

underrated29
10-17-2011, 11:46 AM

The Rams have the worst offense in football, but have Stafford and just traded for Brandon Lloyd. They might start to win a few if he can make the kind of plays he made in Denver. Stafford was severely lacking in someone to throw to.
The Panthers' Newton is playing exceptionally well for a rookie, but they just keep losing.
The Dolphins are in disarray, without their starting QB and looking like the worst team in the NFL right now.
The Jaguars are the Dolphins' nemesis. They look horrible with no end in sight and the fans just don't care if the entire team moves to LA.
The Colts are still playing hard, but the losses keep mounting up. Are they going to tank at some point or will they keep playing together and manage to scrape out a couple of wins? It sure doesn't look like it right now.

So the competition is fierce this year, but the Broncos remain in the hunt. Just watching 4 games yesterday reminded me how truly BAD this Denver team is compared with even mediocre teams around the league.

YOU are out of your mind if you think we are only winning two more games this year!!!! Flat out out of your mind.

1- Lost to the raiders by less than a TD, near last play of game.
2- Lost to titan by less than a TD, near last play of game.
3- GOT OWNED BY THE PACKERS- no chance
4- Lost to bolts by less than a TD ON last play of game.

Without Kyle dragging us down, WITH- a healthy, Doom, Champ, Royal, Julius Thomas, Marcus Thomas, DT back, and Tim Tebow- who only knows how to score points. I respect your opinion but you are crazy to think that we only win 2 more games.

Especially when we were less than 1 play away, with Kyle Orton and Without all those guys I listed from being a 4-1 football team!

We are not close to the luck sweepstakes.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-17-2011, 11:48 AM

From what was reported - the Broncos offered Brandon a one year extension, which was refused, and Brandon has requested a trade. The Broncos have no choice but to trade him now, to get something, rather than let him move on in free agency at the end of the season.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-17-2011, 11:50 AM
From what was reported - the Broncos offered Brandon a one year extension, which was refused, and Brandon has requested a trade. The Broncos have no choice but to trade him now, to get something, rather than let him move on in free agency at the end of the season.

I think that somes it up.

TBH, what they offered Brandon was a low ball offer bordering on insulting.

It was a two year extension at his current salary.

Traveler
10-17-2011, 11:50 AM
It amazes me how quick some folk (myself included) turn on a player once his name comes up in trade talks, although sometimes justfied.

I remember threads from last year when Lloyd was being talked about how good he made Orton look with all those acrobatic catches. Now, he's a cancer. Go figure.

Whenever a player on this team requests a trade, the team has been very accomodating in recent years.

Just go back and read some of the recent comments about Eddie Royal now that it's been said he also requested a trade.

My take is that twofold:

1. If the player no longer wants to be a part of this organization, then good luck with your new team.

2. Everyone understands that any player with an expiring contract and knowing the team doesn't see them as part of the future, will become trade bait.

It's crazy if the team just lets them walk without trying to get compensation for them. Compensatory picks are not a gaurantee.

What I am noticing now with the failed trade (Orton) are teams are dealing with a FO that values correct compensation, unlike our former coach. That compensation must be something the team can live with, whether we agree with it or not.

jhildebrand
10-17-2011, 11:51 AM
We have the Chiefs twice and Haley may or may not be gone by then. We have the Raiders w/o Campbell which will make a big difference. We have Miami. And Mn. I see at least 3 wins there.

Even if there aren't. This team is ALREADY out of the Luck sweepstakes! Indy is tanking on purpose!

underrated29
10-17-2011, 11:51 AM

I disagree. I think the comp pick we get from him walking would be more than the 6th rounder the rams are offering.

I could be wrong and obviously the FO knows more about what they will get (from comp, or rams) but it seems to me that this would be the case.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-17-2011, 11:53 AM
No, I'm not. I have documented this multiple times. You, like many, looked at things very superficially and went with the erroneous "blueprint theory" -- how Pitt gave teams a blueprint to stop Jake and the Broncos.

That simply isn't the case. The blueprint, God rest his soul, was Heimerdinger. He was brought in to change the Broncos to a drop back, pocket passing team in preparation for Cutler. From week 1 of 2006 against St. Louis, he removed virtually all of the Kubiak/Shanahan misdirection/rollout offense.

They simply stopped running the bootlegs, they were never stopped. I'll send you a link to one of the threads I have posted on this, so we don't pollute this one with correcting misinformation and erroneous ideas.

Let's not forget that Joey Porter also ate Lepsis's lunch that day. He was beating Matt on just about every play, making Plummer run for his life.

Jake made some bad decisions that day, but ultimately Lepsis got schooled and the Broncos did an awful job of adjusting. I remember that day well. I was at my brother-in-law's watching both conference championship games because he's a Seahawks fan. I remember telling him that was the first time I can remember Shannahan getting out-coached. Unfortunately, Shannahan didn't take the blame, but let the blame fall on Plummer.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-17-2011, 11:53 AM
I think that somes it up.

TBH, what they offered Brandon was a low ball offer bordering on insulting.

It was a two year extension at his current salary.

According to sources, the Broncos offered Lloyd a two-year extension on the $1.395 million salary he is drawing this season, but the proposal did not include an upfront signing bonus.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19128213

Slick
10-17-2011, 11:54 AM
The Rams are just as bad as the Broncos. I bet Lloyd thought he might get to go to a contender. Hahahaha.

jhildebrand
10-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Lloyd is from KC. Being close to home may be a positive for him.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-17-2011, 11:57 AM
The Rams are just as bad as the Broncos. I bet Lloyd thought he might get to go to a contender. Hahahaha.

Brandon just wants to get paid. He's thirty and this is his last chance at a good contract, very likely.....can't blame the dude.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-17-2011, 11:58 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19128213

Thanks for doing my leg work Carol. :D

silkamilkamonico
10-17-2011, 11:59 AM
Wow. So many "dumb" Bronco fans in here without any real NFL knowledge. I am embarrassed for my peers.

jhildebrand
10-17-2011, 12:00 PM
Wow. So many "dumb" Bronco fans in here without any real NFL knowledge. I am embarrassed for my peers.

Elaborate please.

dunk7
10-17-2011, 12:00 PM
YOU are out of your mind if you think we are only winning two more games this year!!!! Flat out out of your mind.

1- Lost to the raiders by less than a TD, near last play of game.
2- Lost to titan by less than a TD, near last play of game.
3- GOT OWNED BY THE PACKERS- no chance
4- Lost to bolts by less than a TD ON last play of game.

Without Kyle dragging us down, WITH- a healthy, Doom, Champ, Royal, Julius Thomas, Marcus Thomas, DT back, and Tim Tebow- who only knows how to score points. I respect your opinion but you are crazy to think that we only win 2 more games.

Especially when we were less than 1 play away, with Kyle Orton and Without all those guys I listed from being a 4-1 football team!

We are not close to the luck sweepstakes.

Have you looked at the schedule...there are maybe 3 somewhat easy games (@Mia, @Min, vs. KC). I think 2 more wins is more than a reasonable prediction.

FlyByU
10-17-2011, 12:01 PM
I am torn with this I would like him to finish the year here but also if we get something good out of him like a good pick I want that also. It better be a good deal though.

BigDaddyBronco
10-17-2011, 12:02 PM
So the compensatory pick would be based off of his production this year, right? I guess his value as a compensatory pick is continuing to drop due to his production right now.

Also a 4th round compensatory pick would be at the bottom of the 4th, so a 5th round pick from the Rams would only be slipping a few spots.

Either way, it is pretty clear that re-signing him for anything more than what he is getting now is not going to happen.

silkamilkamonico
10-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Elaborate please.

"McDaniels has ruined Bradford" - do these people even bother taking a look at what's going on in St Louis at the moment?

Tned
10-17-2011, 12:05 PM
RT @JosinaAnderson: -->RT @mortreport: Brandon Lloyd to Rams is finally final. Sam Bradford and Josh McDaniels get themselves a receiver. More to come on @NFL32

Tned
10-17-2011, 12:06 PM
Details

RT @mortreport: Rams give up a 6th rounder in 2012 that could become a 5th rounder depending Lloyd's pass receptions

NightTerror218
I am torn with this I would like him to finish the year here but also if we get something good out of him like a good pick I want that also. It better be a good deal though.

I am hoping D. Thomas comes back full swing and steps it up. EFX will look amazing if this happens. Thomas deep threat, Decker # 2 and Royal/Willis in the slot. 4 heathy WR with Cosby as returner would give us good depth.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
"McDaniels has ruined Bradford" - do these people even bother taking a look at what's going on in St Louis at the moment?

I took a long look at their depth chart the other day....pretty scary.

Additionally, I think it takes a year to get McD's system down. It wasn't until Kyle's second year in the system that they opened up the play book. The Rams had no TC. This is to be expected somewhat, especially with a below average defense.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-17-2011, 12:07 PM
Details

Well, I guess a sixth is better than a poke in the eye....

igoe4broncos
10-17-2011, 12:09 PM
I love Lloyd and I really hate to see him go. This trade kind of surfaced the last few days out of nowhere, but at least we got something for him. I wish we would have signed him in the off-season to an extension because now we are going to be like a lot of teams with no clear-cut No. 1 receiver to throw the ball to.

Decker is solid, but he doesn't have the potential to take over a game like Lloyd. Royal is good in the slot, but he isn't a big target on the outside. DT has the potential but his health leads me to believe he will stay hurt half the time and become nothing more than a little above average.

Nomad

Or somewhere else:shocked::D

Cugel
Loyd is a cancer who had one standout year and was only going to cause trouble, there is a reason he couldn't cut it on other teams.

The minute a player doesn't want to remain on a crappy football team he's a "cancer." :rolleyes:

Well, he wasn't a "cancer" when he was making an amazing one-handed catch on the sidelines to extend that last minute drive against the Chargers. Without that catch the Broncos fold and the Chargers just run out the clock. No last minute chance for Tebow. HO Hum. :coffee:

Personally, I don't care if they trade Lloyd because even with him they aren't going to win many games this year, but let's not roll with the "he's no longer a Bronco so he sucks and good riddance" idiocy. :coffee:

Slick
10-17-2011, 12:10 PM
Brandon just wants to get paid. He's thirty and this is his last chance at a good contract, very likely.....can't blame the dude.

Absolutely, but I can rip him for asking for a trade. When the going gets tough, he wants to run instead of busting his ass to show that he is a team player, set an example to the young pĺayers on this team, which might earn him more money in return.

He is what he is, a really good number2 receiver on most teams.

He makes great catches and has amazing body control. However, when was the last time Lloyd made a catch, kept his feet, and had some yards after a catch?

If he doesn't want to play in Denver, I'm not going to lavish him with compliments.

underrated29
10-17-2011, 12:11 PM
Have you looked at the schedule...there are maybe 3 somewhat easy games (@Mia, @Min, vs. KC). I think 2 more wins is more than a reasonable prediction.

we have the cheifs twice- no jamal charles and prob no head coach.--we should take both, but at least split. Remember last year we owned in one game and lost by a last second field goal.---1 to 2 wins here.

we lost the raiders by less than a TD- now we have tebow, and they do not have a QB.- 1 win here

miami
minnesota
jets- we always play them close and lost on the PI call remember?
Pats- while they are out of our league we Own them here at home
Bills- we have beaten them recently. They are good but not better than us. Despite their record.
Bolts- lost on the last play of game, without KO and with TT--maybe we win?

So by my count there are 10 winable games, with at least 5 being highly likely.
(raiders, chefs x2, miami, minnesota)

So yea- 2 more wins imo is flat out crazy!

G_Money
10-17-2011, 12:12 PM
I was hoping for 5th-to-4th, but 6th-to-5th is acceptable, I guess. I'm still not sure I understand why we wouldn't want the compensation pick instead if it's 6th-to-5th, but maybe there's more locker room drama at the moment that we don't need.

Regardless, we desperately need draft picks, so at least that's one more.

~G

Cugel

I think your sarcasm is warranted. That feeble lie was never very plausible was it? "Best chance to win now" went out the window by around game 3 when it was clear that Orton was going to lose again and again.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
Absolutely, but I can rip him for asking for a trade. When the going gets tough, he wants to run instead of busting his ass to show that he is a team player, set an example to the young pĺayers on this team, which might earn him more money in return.

He is what he is, a really good number2 receiver on most teams.

He makes great catches and has amazing body control. However, when was the last time Lloyd made a catch, kept his feet, and had some yards after a catch?

If he doesn't want to play in Denver, I'm not going to lavish him with compliments.

no argument here....

I honestly don't understand asking for a trade. Is he hoping he'll get an extension somewhere else?

I don't see how getting traded to a new system half of the way through the year helps either Royal or Lloyd's value when they become FA's in five months.

I honestly don't get it. It seems to me that they use it just to gain leverage in a negotiation for an extension....anyone care to offer a thought or two?

claymore
IMO a 6th wasnt worth it.

jhildebrand

He certainly isn't helping him though. It appears, like it was here, McDaniels is dialing up plays that take more time to develop than Bradford has. :noidea:

That falls on McDaniels not Bradford. McDaniels showed here that he would refuse to tailor his scheme around his players and their talents and instead tried to force the players into the system. It appears to me they arent taking what they are given and Bradford looks worse with McDaniels, who is an alleged QB Guru, then he did with Shurmur who is well....old if not old school.

MileHighCrew
10-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Personally I think this is a step in the right direction and I hope it isn't the last move, although time is short.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-17-2011, 12:15 PM

That's kind of what I thought, but hopefully it will turn into a 5th.

This team really needs picks, and we don't have as many as we should for a team that's rebuilding.

Cugel
10-17-2011, 12:16 PM
I love Lloyd and I really hate to see him go. This trade kind of surfaced the last few days out of nowhere, but at least we got something for him. I wish we would have signed him in the off-season to an extension because now we are going to be like a lot of teams with no clear-cut No. 1 receiver to throw the ball to.

Decker is solid, but he doesn't have the potential to take over a game like Lloyd. Royal is good in the slot, but he isn't a big target on the outside. DT has the potential but his health leads me to believe he will stay hurt half the time and become nothing more than a little above average.

I pretty much agree with this. But, clearly EFX think this is going to be a multi-year rebuilding process either with Tebow or a rookie QB next season, and resigning Lloyd to a big contract when you have gaping holes in the offensive and defensive lines and aren't close to being able to compete in the division doesn't make a lot of sense.

They better worry about getting some stud DTs and CBs, a S and maybe a couple more OL who can block before they worry about signing a FA veteran WR who's over 30.

MileHighCrew
10-17-2011, 12:17 PM

He is a FA after this season, we are not winning this year. We have to get the young guys on the field. Willis is going to take a much larger roll because he has grown with TT. I liked lloyd on the field, not so much his mouth.. But if it turns into a 5th rounder I think it is a good trade.

Slick
In that Rams offense he can run a 20 yard stop or curl up the sidelines, catch a back shoulder throw from Bradford and fall down. He'll be in heaven.

silkamilkamonico
He certainly isn't helping him though. It appears, like it was here, McDaniels is dialing up plays that take more time to develop than Bradford has. :noidea:

That falls on McDaniels not Bradford. McDaniels showed here that he would refuse to tailor his scheme around his players and their talents and instead tried to force the players into the system. It appears to me they arent taking what they are given and Bradford looks worse with McDaniels, who is an alleged QB Guru, then he did with Shurmur who is well....old if not old school.

The fact that St Louis leads the NFL in drops, has played with a makeshift oline, and without their best RB, and backup for half their games, certainly doesn't help either. Let's not forget that Bradford is in his second year, and has made a lot of mistakes himself as well. He's on a learning progression as well.

St louis didn't bring McDaniels with the expectation of winning the SuperBowl this year.

Traveler
I was hoping for 5th-to-4th, but 6th-to-5th is acceptable, I guess. I'm still not sure I understand why we wouldn't want the compensation pick instead if it's 6th-to-5th, but maybe there's more locker room drama at the moment that we don't need.

Regardless, we desperately need draft picks, so at least that's one more.

~G

No gaurantee the compensatory pick will be higer than what we're getting. No one really knows the formula for how they determine for what round the will be awarded. Added to the fact the pick wouldn't be awarded until 2013.

NightTerror218
10-17-2011, 12:18 PM
Lloyd just twitter.....its official....

@mrblloyd Brandon Lloyd
Thank you Denver! Just talked with X! It's official headed to STL!

GEM
10-17-2011, 12:18 PM
Told ya McD would screw us again....6th rounder? Pfffft. What a joke.

MileHighCrew
10-17-2011, 12:20 PM
Let us please not over look that Lloyd has had 1 good year. I'm not saying he sucks but Randy Moss was traded from Oakland to NE for a 4th round pick.

Cugel
10-17-2011, 12:20 PM
We have the Chiefs twice and Haley may or may not be gone by then. We have the Raiders w/o Campbell which will make a big difference. We have Miami. And Mn. I see at least 3 wins there.

Even if there aren't. This team is ALREADY out of the Luck sweepstakes! Indy is tanking on purpose!

No, Indy is NOT tanking on purpose. They came back against the Bengals to close to 20-13 before giving up the fumble that led to a Bengals score that sealed the game.

They are playing hard but suck bad and have a lot of holes that Manning isn't covering up anymore. So, the Broncos aren't "out of it" but they are more likely to finish with the #4 pick after Indy, Miami and Jacksonville than the #1 overall pick.

Cugel
10-17-2011, 12:21 PM
Let us please not over look that Lloyd has had 1 good year. I'm not saying he sucks but Randy Moss was traded from Oakland to NE for a 4th round pick.

That wasn't because of his talent, that was because nobody else thought they could control his behavior off the field, his rants at teammates, etc. Lloyd never ran over a meter maid because she dared to give him a parking ticket! Big difference. :coffee:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-17-2011, 12:21 PM
no argument here....

I honestly don't understand asking for a trade. Is he hoping he'll get an extension somewhere else?

I don't see how getting traded to a new system half of the way through the year helps either Royal or Lloyd's value when they become FA's in five months.

I honestly don't get it. It seems to me that they use it just to gain leverage in a negotiation for an extension....anyone care to offer a thought or two?

IMO - both Lloyd and Royal can see that the Broncos are in a youth movement at receiver - Thomas, Decker, etc., and that is why they both requested to be traded, before the QB change was made.

getlynched47
10-17-2011, 12:22 PM

Definitely not worth it, but we did good getting something for a player that wasn't going to be here next season.

We offered Lloyd a contract extension, which he declined because it didn't pay top-WR money.

Therefore, he "asked politely" for a trade (according to the DP), and we accommodated that.

The process was done in a very professional manner. It's whatever. I did like Lloyd's acrobatic catches, but he was a product of Josh McDaniels' system (Lloyd was not very effective in the 4 games he played this season)

cuzz4169
Told ya we would get a 5th or 6th for Lloyd

jhildebrand
The fact that St Louis leads the NFL in drops, has played with a makeshift oline, and without their best RB, and backup for half their games, certainly doesn't help either. Let's not forget that Bradford is in his second year, and has made a lot of mistakes himself as well. He's on a learning progression as well.

I don't credit them much for the loss of the RB position knowing how much it was NOT utilized here.

St louis didn't bring McDaniels with the expectation of winning the SuperBowl this year.

Nobody is saying they did. But I think the expectation was Bradford would certainly look better w/ McDaniels and a pass happy offense than it did with Shurmur and his old school ways.

Bradfords numbers across the board are much worse! Maybe Lloyd will help. There is still a long way to go yet this season and I, for one, wouldn't be willing to pass definitive judgment on McD/Bradford at this point.

MileHighCrew
10-17-2011, 12:23 PM
That wasn't because of his talent, that was because nobody else thought they could control his behavior off the field, his rants at teammates, etc. Lloyd never ran over a meter maid because she dared to give him a parking ticket! Big difference. :coffee:

He did that in Minny and the Raiders gave up a 1st and Harris for him, I think I can check but I am pretty sure.
Lloyd has been shotting off his mouth a little and he is not a HOF WR. Keep that in mind too. That is the really big difference

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-17-2011, 12:24 PM
IMO - both Lloyd and Royal can see that the Broncos are in a youth movement at receiver - Thomas, Decker, etc., and that is why they both requested to be traded, before the QB change was made.

That makes sense in Lloyd's case, but Royal is only 25 or 26. I just don't see how getting traded affects their value.

IMO, Royal's best bet is to play light's out here in Denver for the rest of the season. He'll get an offer from someone just based on his PR ability.

jhildebrand
No, Indy is NOT tanking on purpose. They came back against the Bengals to close to 20-13 before giving up the fumble that led to a Bengals score that sealed the game.

They are playing hard but suck bad and have a lot of holes that Manning isn't covering up anymore. So, the Broncos aren't "out of it" but they are more likely to finish with the #4 pick after Indy, Miami and Jacksonville than the #1 overall pick.

The Chiefs game the week before indicates other wise. There are lots of comments and snippits about Luck in Indy. In fact, go read Peter King's column at SI for the most recent.

Cugel
I'm still not sure I understand why we wouldn't want the compensation pick instead if it's 6th-to-5th

Compensatory picks aren't automatically granted. The league can decide to award some, or none at all. 3rd round is the HIGHEST they can be but much more often they're 4th or lower, and since all compensatory picks occur AFTER that round a 4th round compensation pick is really the 1st pick of the 5th round. And a 5th rounder is more like the first pick of the 6th round.

Given the uncertainty they would even get a pick at all (depends on how Lloyd does) it's better to trade.

Juriga72
6th for BLlyod?... We'll be lucky to get a 12th rounder for Orton then...

pipes
10-17-2011, 12:28 PM
He did that in Minny and the Raiders gave up a 1st and Harris for him, I think I can check but I am pretty sure.
Lloyd has been shotting off his mouth a little and he is not a HOF WR. Keep that in mind too. That is the really big difference

The 1st ended up being Troy Williamson.
That's all I got...

Nomad
10-17-2011, 12:29 PM
North, you may want to go check on Nutter! I heard the petri dishes just hit the floor.:D

Cugel
10-17-2011, 12:29 PM

The Raiders were always making absurd trades and FA signings. Remember they signed Javon Walker to a $50 million guaranteed contract? And he barely played after that.

They signed Warren Sapp to a "buy the moon" contract too. They just were throwing money at FAs in the last 5 years, and it almost never panned out. They would have done better taking all that money and keeping Asomugha.

"Shooting off his mouth a little" What the hell does that mean? Lloyd publicly supported his QB Kyle Orton and said "he's our QB", so the Tebowniacs don't like him? What idiocy! :coffee:

claymore
10-17-2011, 12:31 PM
Definitely not worth it, but we did good getting something for a player that wasn't going to be here next season.

We offered Lloyd a contract extension, which he declined because it didn't pay top-WR money.

Therefore, he "asked politely" for a trade (according to the DP), and we accommodated that.

The process was done in a very professional manner. It's whatever. I did like Lloyd's acrobatic catches, but he was a product of Josh McDaniels' system (Lloyd was not very effective in the 4 games he played this season)

Even if it turns into a 5th, I doubt we could draft a guy that would make the team let alone start 11 games (what Lloyd had left).

Just dont see the sense in it. Unless Lloyd was a cancer.

Also, we seem to be rewarding whiny players that make trade requests with trades.

Cugel
10-17-2011, 12:32 PM
6th for BLlyod?... We'll be lucky to get a 12th rounder for Orton then...

Sadly no one is going to trade for Orton now. It would have been nice to get a 3rd rounder for him back in August. But now. . . .

My guess is that Miami is just ready for Luck and glad the Orton deal fell through. His stock is definitely bearish about now.

Seriously, would you trade for him if you were a GM? (Unless you were the Raiders who have a very good team to put around him so he wouldn't have to win games by himself).

Put him in Miami or Jacksonville and he might look even worse than he did here.

Northman
10-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Even if it turns into a 5th, I doubt we could draft a guy that would make the team let alone start 11 games (what Lloyd had left).

Also, we seem to be rewarding whiny players that make trade requests with trades.

I wouldnt call sending Lloyd to work with McDaniels as a reward. :lol:

BroncoStud
10-17-2011, 12:35 PM
Agree. Unless Lloyd was a cancer behind-the-scenes then this trade SUCKS. His production is down because our QB hasn't played worth a crap. Lloyd is still making circus catches. We just took our best target away from our young developmental QB making his 4th start.

All that for a 6th round draft pick... We would have gotten that on compensatory had he walked in the offseason. Stupid. Totally stupid.

jhildebrand
I wouldnt call sending Lloyd to work with McDaniels as a reward. :lol:

I do. Lloyd is where is right now due to McDaniels, Orton and a whole lot of garbage time! Lloyd can probably count on seeing a lot of passes and really earning more than he would have had he finished out the last 11 here.

Juriga72
Sadly no one is going to trade for Orton now. It would have been nice to get a 3rd rounder for him back in August. But now. . . .

My guess is that Miami is just ready for Luck and glad the Orton deal fell through. His stock is definitely bearish about now.

Seriously, would you trade for him if you were a GM? (Unless you were the Raiders who have a very good team to put around him so he wouldn't have to win games by himself).

Put him in Miami or Jacksonville and he might look even worse than he did here.

WHICH is why IMHO he's now saying "DONT trade me"... He's sitting at home, watching Teletubbies with his daughter... holding a Jack and coke in his hands...as his wife heads out for some serious shopping time with gal/pals...

MileHighCrew
10-17-2011, 12:36 PM
The Raiders were always making absurd trades and FA signings. Remember they signed Javon Walker to a $50 million guaranteed contract? And he barely played after that.

They signed Warren Sapp to a "buy the moon" contract too. They just were throwing money at FAs in the last 5 years, and it almost never panned out. They would have done better taking all that money and keeping Asomugha.

"Shooting off his mouth a little" What the hell does that mean? Lloyd publicly supported his QB Kyle Orton and said "he's our QB", so the Tebowniacs don't like him? What idiocy! :coffee:

First off, if you are calling me a Tebowmanic then you clearly have no idea who I support because I am far from that. If you are going to call something idiotic, do your homework. But Lloyd has been in the media a few time both in the off season and this season questioning things and not being positive.
If you go back my point was the Raiders only got a 4th for Moss when they traded him, so a 6th with a possible change to a 5th for Lloyd was a decent trade. Considering the Rams record that would be a very high 6th or possible 5th

BigDaddyBronco
10-17-2011, 12:36 PM

Considering that we would get a compensatory pick in 2013 for him. It's value drops a round since it is in 2013, so a 4th would be worth a 5th in 2012. Either way, unless we got nothing for a compensatory pick (who knows there), we lost value. Not to mention Tebow loses a target for the rest of the year.

Either way, I'm not terribly impressed with EFX.

jhildebrand
10-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Either Lloyd was or would have been a HUGE issue in the LR

Or

EFX see the writing on the wall. They are going to do a complete dismantle and rebuild this entire roster.

claymore
I do. Lloyd is where is right now due to McDaniels, Orton and a whole lot of garbage time! Lloyd can probably count on seeing a lot of passes and really earning more than he would have had he finished out the last 11 here.

Yeah, but he still has to deal with the lip smacking during meetings. Gross.

NightTerror218

Royal is young.....Lloyd is not. So youth movement would not matter to Royal. He just is not producing much....Decker is beating him out and Willis could be also.

Northman
10-17-2011, 12:38 PM

Unfortuantely, Lloyd isnt much better than Sims-Walker and that hasnt helped them much.

Nomad
10-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Yeah, but he still has to deal with the lip smacking during meetings. Gross.

And the cursing:laugh:

NightTerror218
10-17-2011, 12:39 PM
Either Lloyd was or would have been a HUGE issue in the LR

Or

EFX see the writing on the wall. They are going to do a complete dismantle and rebuild this entire roster.

I dont think the entire roster.....they cleaned house already on DL and drafted LB and safety. They are clearing WR and are starting Tebow. What else could they do besides get rid of Dawkins and work on OL?

claymore
Considering that we would get a compensatory pick in 2013 for him. It's value drops a round since it is in 2013, so a 4th would be worth a 5th in 2012. Either way, unless we got nothing for a compensatory pick (who knows there), we lost value. Not to mention Tebow loses a target for the rest of the year.

This is the first move I havent liked. This to me is like the Lonnie Paxton/Leach thing.

It wont affect us much, but why do it? Where did this make us better?

BroncoStud
Lloyd has at least 3 - 4 more good seasons, he's only 30.

jhildebrand
Unfortuantely, Lloyd isnt much better than Sims-Walker and that hasnt helped them much.

I guess we will find out very soon!

MileHighCrew
10-17-2011, 12:40 PM
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
The 6th round pick in the Brandon Lloyd-to-Rams trade will turn to a 5th round pick if he catches 30 passes the rest of the season.

BroncoStud
This is the first move I havent liked. This to me is like the Lonnie Paxton/Leach thing.

It wont affect us much, but why do it? Where did this make us better?

We get worse, the Rams get better. Feels like the Browns all over again.

claymore
And the cursing:laugh:

He went from saying "We're just trying to win a MF'in game" to "we're just trying to get a mf'in first down".

Northman
The 6th round pick in the Brandon Lloyd-to-Rams trade will turn to a 5th round pick if he catches 30 passes the rest of the season.

He will catch at least 30. So we got a 5th. Good deal!

jhildebrand
I dont think the entire roster.....they cleaned house already on DL and drafted LB and safety. They are clearing WR and are starting Tebow. What else could they do besides get rid of Dawkins and work on OL?

OL, more LB's (DJ may go still), RB, QB possibly, DL. About the only position they can sit on for a year or two is S, TE, and WR.

G_Money
10-17-2011, 12:41 PM
Totally reasonable number to reach. Glad to hear it. 5th it should be. :salute:

~G

jhildebrand
10-17-2011, 12:41 PM
He will catch at least 30. So we got a 5th. Good deal!

McD will stop dialing his number in the playcalling at 29. I assure you. He has a bone to pick with Bowlen.

Buff
10-17-2011, 12:42 PM
I would have rather just resigned him than gotten a 5th or 6th rounder. But assuming we couldn't work out $$ parameters, I'm guess something is better than nothing.

Juriga72
10-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Lloyd has at least 3 - 4 more good seasons, he's only 30.

He's on his 6th team right now....LOL

BeefStew25
10-17-2011, 12:43 PM

Come on McD! Bury the RB's!

Northman
McD will stop dialing his number in the playcalling at 29. I assure you. He has a bone to pick with Bowlen.

He may have a bone to pick but he wont risk his job in the process.

Slick
Hopefully Bradford doesn't dislocate a shoulder or something. Homeboy needs to catch 30 balls.

Northman
He's on his 6th team right now....LOL

With only 1 good year to show for it.

jhildebrand
10-17-2011, 12:44 PM
He may have a bone to pick but he wont risk his job in the process.

I doubt he would either. He will do anything he can to make sure this trade will payoff and make him look all the better. I am sure he is feeling some heat in St Louis as it is.

G_Money
10-17-2011, 12:45 PM
OL, more LB's (DJ may go still), RB, QB possibly, DL. About the only position they can sit on for a year or two is S, TE, and WR.

And I wouldn't count WR off the list if DT trips getting his mail or something, especially with Royal looking like he might not be back.

Still a lot to address. The extra pick won't be unnecessary, that's for sure.

~G

BroncoBully
10-17-2011, 12:46 PM
This dude was becoming a diva, glad too see him gone.

BroncoBully
10-17-2011, 12:48 PM
you realize the best WR's in the game dont talk like a high school girl.

Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Wes Welker
Greg Jennings
Larry Fitzgerald

all can play WR without acting like there thong panties are the hottest thing out.

NightTerror218
10-17-2011, 12:49 PM

More LB? Woodyard has stepped up, Miller is Miller, and Mays has stepped it up. We have decent back ups too. We need a CB, Squid would have helped. QB possibly but that will have yet to be seen. Rb will not be address until draft and FA and I think same with OL and DL.

Juriga72
10-17-2011, 12:50 PM
I wish him the best.. but his talking here was starting to get old.... "I needs me stats!!!!" win or lose? not to him..." Stats baby... just stats"

Northman
10-17-2011, 12:50 PM
More LB? Woodyard has stepped up, Miller is Miller, and Mays has stepped it up. We have decent back ups too. We need a CB, Squid would have helped. QB possibly but that will have yet to be seen. Rb will not be address until draft and FA and I think same with OL and DL.

You still need depth. And if the talent is there at LB and not DT than you may have to go that route.

tomjonesrocks
10-17-2011, 12:51 PM
GOD following this team has become depressing...

Not much more than that to add right now.

I Eat Staples
10-17-2011, 12:52 PM
We aren't going anywhere this year and we weren't resigning Lloyd. Getting a 5th for him was a good trade. I'm not sure why the Rams would make the move, since they're probably not resigning him anyway.

WRs are the last thing a rebuilding team needs. You can find serviceable receivers just about anywhere.

NightTerror218

Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Wes Welker
Greg Jennings
Larry Fitzgerald

all can play WR without acting like there thong panties are the hottest thing out.

It is a new trend. But for everyone of them there are 3-5 Divas. Look at Crabtree, Jackson, VJ, marshall, and Bryant. I can make a Diva list much easier then a non.

BroncoStud
I guess maybe they feel like in our new run-system he isn't as necessary so might as well get SOMETHING... I don't think we got fair value for his ability but oh well, he's gone. What sucks is that Tebow could have used him.

TXBRONC

Or a kick in balls.

NightTerror218
10-17-2011, 12:53 PM
We aren't going anywhere this year and we weren't resigning Lloyd. Getting a 5th for him was a good trade. I'm not sure why the Rams would make the move, since they're probably not resigning him anyway.

WRs are the last thing a rebuilding team needs. You can find serviceable receivers just about anywhere.

Not to mention elway just tweeted about the play of the YOUNG receivers and looking forward to them.

Slick
10-17-2011, 12:56 PM
Is anyone really, truly sad to see this guy go?

Is this EFX's way of ensuring Tebow's failure? Would Lloyd have made a difference?

Will you miss his "you can't see me" celebrations?

BroncoStud
10-17-2011, 12:59 PM

Is this EFX's way of ensuring Tebow's failure? Would Lloyd have made a difference?

I will miss is circus catches where he puts his body on the line to make a completion. Don't be so quick to forget how many amazing catches this guy has made in the past few seasons to save our QBs.

MileHighCrew
10-17-2011, 12:59 PM
It is a new trend. But for everyone of them there are 3-5 Divas. Look at Crabtree, Jackson, VJ, marshall, and Bryant. I can make a Diva list much easier then a non.

I like his list of non divas better than you list of divas, they are all better on the other list diva act aside

Buff
10-17-2011, 01:00 PM

I am sad to see him go. I thought he was as productive a player as we had on offense. He had the strongest and most reliable hands on the team. He was our best route runner.

And I think his "diva" qualities have been vastly overstated. He is a team guy, but he's also an aging veteran who is in a contract year trying to get paid, so I can't blame him for wanting more balls.

D-Thomas better stay healthy or we'll have one of the worst WR corps in the league next year.

Northman

Unfortuantely that list you have is of receivers who are "good" not "great". At least as of yet.

MileHighCrew

I said ti when Gaffney was traded and I'll say it again, I hate that thing

Northman
10-17-2011, 01:01 PM

Not me, i know im in the minority when it comes to how "special" Lloyd was but there are guys in our receiving core i would much rather watch play for the Broncos than Lloyd.

Juriga72
10-17-2011, 01:02 PM
I have now come to the conclusion that its over....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

NightTerror218
10-17-2011, 01:03 PM
I like his list of non divas better than you list of divas, they are all better on the other list diva act aside

I agree but Diva WR are the norm for that position. How many non-divas are there that are good. It is a rare thing....is what I am saying.

Tned
10-17-2011, 01:05 PM

Aren't you the one that said a year or so ago that the Broncos weren't your team anymore? You were no longer a fan, or something like that?

TXBRONC
10-17-2011, 01:05 PM

I think you hit on one of the reasons that EFX went ahead and traded Lloyd. There is no gurantee that they will get a compensatory pick for Lloyd. At least this way there are assured of a pick in round that would have going into the draft.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-17-2011, 01:06 PM
Did not have time to read all of the recent posts, so don't know if this has already been reported or not, but the difference between the 6th pick, vs 5th pick is at least 30 catches this year.

Slick
10-17-2011, 01:07 PM
I will miss is circus catches where he puts his body on the line to make a completion. Don't be so quick to forget how many amazing catches this guy has made in the past few seasons to save our QBs.

Instead of starting another thread, I asked some questions. I didn't forget anything, The guy made some great catches while he was in Denver. I don't think anyone is arguing that.

BeefStew25
10-17-2011, 01:08 PM
Instead of starting another thread, I asked some questions. I didn't forget anything, The guy made some great catches while he was in Denver. I don't think anyone is arguing that.

Slick, think of it this way: How many catches did he have in our lone win this year?

TXBRONC
10-17-2011, 01:10 PM

Not me, i know im in the minority when it comes to how "special" Lloyd was but there are guys in our receiving core i would much rather watch play for the Broncos than Lloyd.

No I'm not broken up by them moving Lloyd. It's like Gaffney I wasn't worried about him moved either.

weazel
10-17-2011, 01:12 PM
I imagined we would get a 4th for him but oh well, what do you do? You have guys demanding trades 2 days before the trade deadline you aren't going to get much for them.

Now we just have to see what we can get for Orton and Royal... Im not expecting much

Denver Native (Carol)
10-17-2011, 01:15 PM
johnelway John Elway
I’m excited about our wide receiver group - This is as healthy as we’ve been at that position since the start of the year...
33 minutes ago

johnelway John Elway
We appreciate all the hard work that Brandon did during his three years in Denver and wish him the best with the Rams...
34 minutes ago

johnelway John Elway
We have agreed to trade Brandon Lloyd to the St. Louis Rams in exchange for a conditional selection in the 2012 NFL Draft...
35 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/johnelway

BroncoStud
10-17-2011, 01:20 PM
I guess it's Decker/Thomas/Royal now? Royal needs to be in the slot, dude is just not a #1 or #2.

dogfish
10-17-2011, 01:28 PM

no, no, no, no. . . .

I agree but Diva WR are the norm for that position. How many non-divas are there that are good. It is a rare thing....is what I am saying.

there are just as many good non-diva WRs as divas, we've been over this already. . . .

Northman
10-17-2011, 01:29 PM
I guess it's Decker/Thomas/Royal now? Royal needs to be in the slot, dude is just not a #1 or #2.

He was just fine in 08' at #2.

But, i do think if Royal is actually used properly he can excell in the slot. But there's nothing to say he cant be a 1 or 2 position player. Just need a QB who can actually get him the ball.

Tned
10-17-2011, 01:33 PM

No, I won't miss him. Catches like he made on Sunday, are awesome, and I don't want to discount his amazing catches too much, but hauling in 50% of the balls thrown your way is not by any stretch what an elite receiver does.

He's had one good year in an 8+ year career, and that year had some negatives.

dunk7
10-17-2011, 01:35 PM

That is, if they don't accommodate Royal's wishes...

Denver Native (Carol)
10-17-2011, 01:38 PM
from article:

In an interview with ESPN's "SportsCenter" on Monday, Lloyd said he was "extremely happy" with the trade. Although the Rams, winless on the season, have struggled offensively, Lloyd said a "jolt of confidence" could be all that it takes to turn their struggling offense around.

"I don't see a terrible situation. I see it as a positive situation," he said.

full article - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7115217/denver-broncos-trade-receiver-brandon-lloyd-st-louis-rams

NorCalBronco7
10-17-2011, 01:39 PM
Like the trade. Broncos need picks.

It sucks to see Lloyd go though. :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Like the trade. Broncos need picks.

It sucks to see Lloyd go though. :salute:

Totally agree - but since he refused the two year extension the Broncos offered him, and since he ask to be traded - before the QB change - the Broncos had no choice.

vandammage13
10-17-2011, 01:44 PM
I don't like the value of a 5th round pick for Lloyd, but I guess it is better than letting him walk for nothing after this year...Makes sense, I guess, considering we are going no where this year anyway.

Still, I would like to see Tebow get a fair shake in this 11 game evaluation. You figure if DT gets hurt again we've only got Decker, Royal (if he doesn't get traded as well) and Willis. Not exactly what I'd call a great WR corps.

Well, since we are parting ways with Lloyd for peanuts, we might as well go all in and deal Orton and Royal for late round picks as well...Maybe we can get lucky and strike gold on one of these late picks.

BroncoStud
10-17-2011, 01:46 PM
I wish Brandon the best. He was the most exciting Broncos offensive player to watch during the brutal McDaniels Era here in Denver. He played his ass off for us.

G_Money
10-17-2011, 01:49 PM
Royal was worthless in McD's "make up the route as you go" system. I think Josh called it a read-and-react route option system, but I'm pretty sure it was just etch-a-sketching the route tree and it did Royal no favors. Give him actual routes to run that he's told in the huddle and he'll be fine. His strength is his ability to go from full-speed to nothing, to full speed again all in about 4 steps. He can run crisp routes and execute stop-and-go routes like a maniac.

I'm more concerned with the groin injury. Those things are tricky to heal right, especially during the season. Royal's not a 1-year wonder, though, IMO - he just can't make it up as he goes. That's not his strength.

Please start designing the offense around the strengths of the players we have. TIA.

~G

Northman
10-17-2011, 01:51 PM
Totally agree g money.

NorCalBronco7
10-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Totally agree - but since he refused the two year extension the Broncos offered him, and since he ask to be traded - before the QB change - the Broncos had no choice.

Yeah it had to happen. I respect where both the Broncos and Lloyd are coming from. And really getting a pick is nice for the Broncos right now. It going to be a while till this team is in the playoffs.

NightTerror218
10-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Any coincidence that he was Orton's biggest supporter? And now Orton is benched it might reduce any lockeroom troubles?

G_Money
10-17-2011, 02:04 PM
I dunno how coincidental it is, but he's also one of the only FAs for next year who has talent and isn't injured (or costs an arm and a leg like Orton).

Talented guys with more years, we're trying to keep. Untalented guys aren't worth anything (which is too bad, we've got tons of those).

So our trade bait options are few. Was still hoping to move DJ, though. In the offseason...

~G

tomjonesrocks
10-17-2011, 02:31 PM
from article:

full article - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7115217/denver-broncos-trade-receiver-brandon-lloyd-st-louis-rams

I think his twitter post indicated he was pretty happy TBTFO of here...

Bradford's a stud--he'll likely flourish there which I guess is a positive if we indeed hope to get a 5th.

Northman
10-17-2011, 02:36 PM
I think his twitter post indicated he was pretty happy TBTFO of here...

Bradford's a stud--he'll likely flourish there which I guess is a positive if we indeed hope to get a 5th.

What twitter post? He hasnt done any tweeting today. Yet anyway.

http://twitter.com/#!/mrblloyd (http://twitter.com/#%21/mrblloyd)

Tned
10-17-2011, 02:45 PM
102.3 just Tweeted this comment from Klis:

RT @TheTicketDenver: Lloyd to @mikeklis - "The offense changed with Coach Fox. We still had the same quarterback. There just wasn't as many pass plays being called. Nothing against Coach Fox. He's the coach."

Northman
10-17-2011, 02:47 PM
102.3 just Tweeted this comment from Klis:

So, basically it wouldnt matter if they won games or not he just wanted to get his stats. Or at least that is what i took from that comment.

Ravage!!!
10-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Interesting that a guy that hasn't done hardly anything in the NFL for 7 years is basically complaining that not enough passes are coming his way.

silkamilkamonico
10-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Lloyd isn't complaining about passes coming his way. His complaining about John Fox not utilizing the strengths on offense to actually try and win games.

Andrew Luck would go to waste in John Fox's system. Win some games Tebow.

Northman
10-17-2011, 02:55 PM
Lloyd isn't complaining about passes coming his way. His complaining about John Fox not utilizing the strengths on offense to actually try and win games.

Andrew Luck would go to waste in John Fox's system. Win some games Tebow.

Thats not what he is saying to the guys on The Fan. He says he wants to be in a pass oriented offense.

hotcarl
10-17-2011, 02:56 PM
we should have gotten bradford for him or something useful. bad job.

MileHighCrew
10-17-2011, 03:02 PM
Thats not what he is saying to the guys on The Fan. He says he wants to be in a pass oriented offense.

but he isn't a diva or a problem right? :tsk: 5th rounder sounds better

Davii
10-17-2011, 03:02 PM
The trade brings us a draft pick, more than likely a 5th. Not as much as I would have hoped, but certainly worth it when you consider he was walking at the end of the season with no compensation given.

Tned
10-17-2011, 03:25 PM
So, basically it wouldnt matter if they won games or not he just wanted to get his stats. Or at least that is what i took from that comment.

I also read in here, or on Twitter or heard on the radio, that Lloyd asked for the trade the week before the QB switch was made.

BroncoBully
10-17-2011, 03:32 PM

Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Wes Welker
Greg Jennings
Larry Fitzgerald

You realize in those names I listed above, only welker has("had" now that Aaron and Stafford are possible great QB's, I was referring to recent years) a better then average QB..

My point is no reciever or player should get involved in anything other then their own job. Matt Shaub, Stafford(whoever was lions qb while he was out), QB controversy with Favre to Rodgers or Kurt Warner and all the other mess Fitz wen't through. There is no reason to give your opinion if the question doesn't involve you, just wish your team the best and say thats all I have.

Lancane
10-17-2011, 03:33 PM
I also read in here, or on Twitter or heard on the radio, that Lloyd asked for the trade the week before the QB switch was made.

Yeah, here is what he said via the DP:

"No, the offense changed with coach (John) Fox," Lloyd said. "We still had the same quarterback. There just wasn't as many pass plays being called. Nothing against coach."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19131036?_requestid=4022291

Personally, I think we'll end up with St. Louis's fifth round pick, and Lombardi on NFLN said that Denver has a 'Fire Sale' going on, they're trading everybody.

Juriga72
10-17-2011, 03:38 PM
You realize in those names I listed above, only welker has a better then average QB..

My point is no reciever or player should get involved in anything other then their own job. Matt Shaub, Stafford(whoever was lions qb while he was out), QB controversy with Favre to Rodgers or Kurt Warner and all the other mess Fitz wen't through. There is no reason to give your opinion if the question doesn't involve you, just wish your team the best and say thats all I have.

HUH?

Matt Schaub- 2x Pro Bowl
Arron Rodgers? HOLY crap...really "NOT better than average"...

BroncoBully
10-17-2011, 03:39 PM
Personally, I think we'll end up with St. Louis's fifth round pick, and Lombardi on NFLN said that Denver has a 'Fire Sale' going on, they're trading everybody.

I bet they won't trade tebow before tuesday's deadline.

BroncoBully
10-17-2011, 03:42 PM
HUH?

Matt Schaub- 2x Pro Bowl
Arron Rodgers? HOLY crap...really "NOT better than average"...

I'm referring to the 5 players carrers. yes, I agree all have at least a pretty good - great QB now, but were they all great 2-3 years ago? those 5 WR's have made it through controversy without saying too much. The same can't be said for lloyd.

Bosco
10-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Royal was worthless in McD's "make up the route as you go" system. I think Josh called it a read-and-react route option system, but I'm pretty sure it was just etch-a-sketching the route tree and it did Royal no favors. Give him actual routes to run that he's told in the huddle and he'll be fine. His strength is his ability to go from full-speed to nothing, to full speed again all in about 4 steps. He can run crisp routes and execute stop-and-go routes like a maniac.

I'm more concerned with the groin injury. Those things are tricky to heal right, especially during the season. Royal's not a 1-year wonder, though, IMO - he just can't make it up as he goes. That's not his strength.

Please start designing the offense around the strengths of the players we have. TIA.

~G

Those are option routes, and literally every offense in the NFL uses them to a degree, and the most successful ones use them quite often. If a receiver can't handle that, they are not long for this league. Chris over at SmartFootball actually gave this a really good write up.

I spoke to a number of the Broncos receivers and they loved Coach McDaniels. They told me that he ran a very sophisticated system that gave them a lot of freedom to change their routes based on the coverage they faced, but he did so much homework he managed to distill it for them into very simple rules they could use, primarily focused on the alignment and depth of the nearest deep safety.http://smartfootball.com/teams-of-interest/nfl-team-to-watch-st-louis-rams#more-2122

I don't think that was the issue with Royal though. Shanahan's offense uses more than it's fair share of option routes, and Royal started off pretty hot in 2010. I think the first problem is that Orton clearly favored his X and Y receivers (Marshall/Lloyd and Gaffney) and did not look to Royal often enough. I think the other problem is that Royal gets knicked off too easily. If he could actually stay healthy for a whole year, that might help.

silkamilkamonico
10-17-2011, 03:59 PM

Considering pass oriented offense wins in the NFL now, I would say that means he wants to be a part of a winning organization.

John Fox, and the Denver Broncos are currently about 5 years behind NFL schemes. I bet he doesn't last 3 years here.

slim
10-17-2011, 04:01 PM
Considering pass oriented offense wins in the NFL now, I would say that means he wants to be a part of a winning organization.

John Fox, and the Denver Broncos are currently about 5 years behind NFL schemes. I bet he doesn't last 3 years here.

It's not winning in St. Louis.

Nomad
10-17-2011, 04:03 PM
I'll be rooting for Lloyd to catch 30+ passes for the rest of the year!

silkamilkamonico
10-17-2011, 04:03 PM

I wonder why? *cough*currentlyshittyWR'swholeadtheNFLindrops*cou gh*

Did I mention their best WR has been injured since week 1? Or their best RBhas only been healthy 1 full game, coming off an injury?

Let's not forget how sorry Orton was in McDaniels offense right away too, and how he developed into a QB with Pro Bowl type stats, regardless of how bad anyone wants to trash him, myself included.

Bosco
10-17-2011, 04:14 PM

No, but it's winning just about everywhere else. I checked four teams (Pats, Bills, Bengals, Ravens) and they favored the pass from 54-66%. I bet if you checked all the other winning teams you'd get similar results.

silkamilkamonico
10-17-2011, 04:16 PM
1) When was the last run oriented team to win the SuperBowl without a franchise QB?

2) Does anyone play defense in the NFL today? Again, we see Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and even Philip Rivers tear apart the NFL's best defenses on a week by week basis.

MileHighCrew
10-17-2011, 04:16 PM
I bet they won't trade tebow before tuesday's deadline.

that would be awesome though

Lancane
10-17-2011, 04:22 PM

Once again, offensive conservatism has no place as a primary philosophy in the modern NFL. Such schemes and systems are outdated and the modern versions have been modified to succeed with the evolutionary changes of the game itself.

Northman
10-17-2011, 04:27 PM

Pwned.

Not only that, but it was just talked about today that Atl had been passing the ball A LOT the last few games and it was costing them games. Go figure, they go back to running the ball more and they win. Who would of thunk it? :lol:

NightTerror218
10-17-2011, 04:29 PM
1) When was the last run oriented team to win the SuperBowl without a franchise QB?

2) Does anyone play defense in the NFL today? Again, we see Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and even Philip Rivers tear apart the NFL's best defenses on a week by week basis.

Raiders are on a roll right now.

Northman
10-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Raiders are on a roll right now.

Indeed.

While the "passing" league mantra has merit it still only goes to show that Lloyd didnt care if Denver was winning or not. He wanted to be in a pass friendly offense and that is from the horses mouth. No pun intended.

TXBRONC
10-17-2011, 04:30 PM

~G

I think it was more that Orton had his favorite targets and he was go to them first unless unless the play was for Royal to be the first read.

Bosco
10-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Pwned.

Not only that, but it was just talked about today that Atl had been passing the ball A LOT the last few games and it was costing them games. Go figure, they go back to running the ball more and they win. Who would of thunk it? :lol:

The Panthers have the 31st ranked run defense in the NFL, but are 11th in pass defense. Falcons won because they attacked a vulnerable team's biggest weakness.

NightTerror218
10-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Indeed.

While the "passing" league mantra has merit it still only goes to show that Lloyd didnt care if Denver was winning or not. He wanted to be in a pass friendly offense and that is from the horses mouth. No pun intended.

So is Buffalo because Fred is tearing it up 4 or 5 100+ yrd games

Bosco
10-17-2011, 04:33 PM
I think it was more that Orton had his favorite targets and he was go to them first unless unless the play was for Royal to be the first read.

Pretty much. He LOVES to hit his X receivers on those intermediate and deep routes. That's great, but when you overuse it, you have problems.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-17-2011, 04:36 PM

Yesterday - Bradford threw for 321 yards, and the Ram's rushing total was 168 yards

Rogers threw for 310 yards, and the Packer's rushing total was 186 yards.

The final score was 24-3.

Many more factors in winning a game than a pass oriented offense.

NightTerror218
10-17-2011, 04:37 PM
Yesterday - Bradford threw for 321 yards, and the Ram's rushing total was 168 yards

Rogers threw for 310 yards, and the Packer's rushing total was 186 yards.

The final score was 24-3.

Many more factors in winning a game than a pass oriented offense.

like 1 interception and 3 turnovers on 4th down.

Northman
10-17-2011, 04:40 PM
The Panthers have the 31st ranked run defense in the NFL, but are 11th in pass defense. Falcons won because they attacked a vulnerable team's biggest weakness.

Actually, the Falcons made a commitment to run which enabled them win the ballgame. Again, pay attention. The run/pass ratio for Atlanta had been heavily in favor of pass and it cost them some games. Had they gone into the Panther game still only running it 16 times they probably would have lost.

Juriga72
10-17-2011, 04:47 PM
I wonder why? *cough*currentlyshittyWR'swholeadtheNFLindrops*cou gh*

Did I mention their best WR has been injured since week 1? Or their best RBhas only been healthy 1 full game, coming off an injury?

Let's not forget how sorry Orton was in McDaniels offense right away too, and how he developed into a QB with Pro Bowl type stats, regardless of how bad anyone wants to trash him, myself included.

In yards only... McDummy NEVER had a scoring offense here.. It was yards AFTER the fact.

THE very same thing happened to St Louis yesterday... GB pounded them then let Bradford get aton of garbage stats... YARDS > points is McDummy's mantra

Northman
10-17-2011, 04:48 PM
McDaniels= Smoke and Mirrors.