PDA

View Full Version : Need Ideas for a buffalo sauce/ Please Help

BroncosfanInKC
10-17-2011, 10:28 AM
I tried Moores buffalo sauce for my wings and it was terrible any ideas?

Thnikkaman
10-17-2011, 10:30 AM
I tried Moores buffalo sauce for my wings and it was terrible any ideas?

You can always buy sauce from buffalo wild wings if there is a particular flavor you like.

Also, any off the shelf hot sauce will do. Just cut it with melted butter to get the flavor/consistency you want for your wings.

I post Alton Brown's method for reference:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/alton-browns-buffalo-wings-recipe/index.html

BeefStew25
10-17-2011, 10:33 AM
My wife and I met Alton Brown.

Thnikkaman
10-17-2011, 10:34 AM
My wife and I met Alton Brown.

When?

BroncosfanInKC
10-17-2011, 10:52 AM
Thanks Thnikkaman I didnt know that you could get some from BWW. I have tried the hotsauce and butter mixture but seem to always not have enough so thats why I went with the store bought moores. thanks for the heads up

Thnikkaman
10-17-2011, 10:53 AM
Thanks Thnikkaman I didnt know that you could get some from BWW. I have tried the hotsauce and butter mixture but seem to always not have enough so thats why I went with the store bought moores. thanks for the heads up

Not a problem. The method Alton uses to cook his wings is pretty good as well.

OrangeHoof
10-17-2011, 02:01 PM
Mix some Bruce Smith with some Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas. Add a dash of Scott Norwood if you want your recipe to veer wide right.

NightTrainLayne
10-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Buffalo wing sauce, as Thnikka says, is just Tabasco type hot sauce and butter at varying ratios depending on how hot you want it.

You can add in some other spices to tweak it, but that's pretty much it. It just takes a ton of butter to make a very big batch.

PatriotsGuy
10-18-2011, 01:14 PM
We use the Franks red hot recipe I think it's right on the bottle.

Zweems56
10-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Add some honey to whatever you use. SO GOOD. Don't get the Anchor bar wing sauce. I was VERY underwhelmed. Out by me, there's a place called the Chicken or the Egg (or chegg if you actually go there), and I get my sauces from them. A lot of variety, and VERY good sauces. I think their medium sauce is the best standard sauce I've ever tasted. You used to be able to order sauce through their site, but apparently not today.

BeefStew25
10-18-2011, 08:50 PM
I like boneless Asian Sushi.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-18-2011, 09:31 PM
Make your own sauce. There aren't many ingredients in Wing sauce.

Try butter, cayenne pepper, and a little wine vinegar. That might not be a world beater, but it's just off the top of my head.....hopefully you get the point. :laugh: