PDA

View Full Version : ***Game Day Thread***..Broncos at Chargers

Pages : [1] 2 3

broncophan
12-28-2008, 02:37 AM
Well........it's game day...:D.....let's hope our broncos take it to the Chargers........and earn a playoff spot. Enjoy the game today everyone.

I'm sorry.....it's 2:30 in the morning here in Ohio......and I couldn't wait any longer for a game day thread...:)

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!

fcspikeit
12-28-2008, 02:58 AM
Good luck Broncos!!

Here's to hoping I get to see you play at east one more time this year :beer:

Go out and play your guts out, Make us all proud :salute:

:defense: GO BRONCOS!!! :defense:

sneakers
12-28-2008, 05:01 AM
Time to go and win the division!!!!!!!

NorthernLights
12-28-2008, 08:25 AM
Good luck today Bronco fans. Let's hope for a great game, with the best team winning, and no injuries. Take care. NL.

UnderArmour
12-28-2008, 10:05 AM
Let's hope the Broncos blow the Chargers out so bad they can rest starters in the 4th quarter.

jrelway
12-28-2008, 10:15 AM
lets do this!!

pumpdoc
12-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Good luck today Bronco fans. Let's hope for a great game, with the best team winning, and no injuries. Take care. NL.

Hear hear!!!:cool:

MasterShake
12-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Hear hear!!!:cool:

I don't think either Broncos or Chargers fans would have expected the NFL season to be capped with what will hopefully be a fantastic game. Primetime and one of the best new rivalries in the NFL. I'm happy its happening this way, and I am PUMPED for tonight! I may just go into a beer induced coma until 6. Wait...thats a normal sunday for me anyway...:beer:

Lonestar
12-28-2008, 12:47 PM
Lets see
broncos suck on prime time
SAn has been looking forward to this gaem since week two....

Those two items in themselves leads to a Bolt blowout lets hope our Broncos do not just go through the motions,

Lets hope that it is a good game and let the better team win..

lets hope the only casutalty we have today is Boob slowick..

Ziggy
12-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Time for this team to show thier heart. Let's go Broncos!

BroncoWave
12-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Just an FYI: Mike Bell is playing well for the Saints today! :D

fcspikeit
12-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Just an FYI: Mike Bell is playing well for the Saints today! :D

I can't remember, what did Bell do to get in the Shanny's dog house?

BroncoWave
12-28-2008, 01:56 PM

I think it was a fumble in a key moment of a big game but I don't really remember either.

SR
12-28-2008, 02:00 PM
I'll be watching the game in HD at my dad's house with a fresh bottle of crown and an unopened bottle of Dr Pepper. Don't let me down Broncos!

Broncos4Ever24
12-28-2008, 02:09 PM

I'm pretty sure he fumbled (maybe twice?) against Tennesee last year when we had some backs out

SR
12-28-2008, 02:13 PM
That's why we call him Tatum Fumbell

BroncoWave
12-28-2008, 02:17 PM
That's why we call him Tatum Fumbell

We're talking about Mike Bell. I brought him up because he is playing pretty well for the Saints today.

Tned
12-28-2008, 02:27 PM
Wow, playing Big Ben in a meaningless game, and he is carted off strapped to a back board.

WARHORSE
12-28-2008, 02:31 PM
I think I'll set the tone for todays game today with some:

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE- GnR

FLIRTIN WITH DISASTER-Molly Hatchet

ADDICTED TO CHAOS-Megadeth

SAD BUT TRUE-Metallica

LIFES BEEN GOOD TO ME SO FAR-Joel Walsh

LIFE IN THE FAST LANE-Eagles

I LIKE TO ROCK-April Wine

HERO- Nickelback

RESISTENCE- Queensryche

BILLY JEAN- Michael Jackson.........uh...........NO THANKS, WRONG LIST.

WEEZER- Hash Pipe

TOM SAWYER- Rush

LAY IT DOWN-Ratt

ROCKIN INTO THE NIGHT- .38 SPECIAL

ROCK N ROLL AINT NOISE POLLUTION- AC/DC

ROOSTER- Alice In Chains

DONT LOOK BACK - Boston

ROCK OF AGES- Def Leppard

THE ZOO- Scorpions

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST- Queen

That should get it goin.......

broncobryce
12-28-2008, 02:37 PM
Come on Doom! I wanna see him crush Phyllis.

Tned
12-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Come on Doom! I wanna see him crush Phyllis.

Yea, sure would be nice to see him with a multi-sack game tonight.

broncophan
12-28-2008, 03:06 PM
About 5 hours to kickoff!!!!!......I just woke up from my afternoon nap.....and I'm ready!!!....lol.....I hope the broncos are ready!!!

IMO.....I know they will not stop SD's offense.........I just hope we can outscore them....and NO TURNOVERS........

GO BRONCOS!!!!

BroncoWave
12-28-2008, 04:11 PM
The Cowboys-Eagles game just became a winner take all game with the Bucs and Bears losing. And the Bretts just got eliminated.

Kapaibro
12-28-2008, 04:14 PM
anyone else feel a tad queasy in the tummy?

BroncoWave
12-28-2008, 04:15 PM

Yes. This wait is killing me. I just want this game to be here, regardless of what happens.

broncophan
12-28-2008, 04:16 PM
The Cowboys-Eagles game just became a winner take all game with the Bucs and Bears losing. And the Bretts just got eliminated.

If the jets win and the jags upset Baltimore....then the jets are in........although I don't want to see the "bretts" make it...

broncophan
12-28-2008, 04:18 PM

Yea........let's get the game started.......the waiting is killin' me...

Tned
12-28-2008, 04:21 PM
I'm ready for the game.

With it being a night game, there has been virtually no news or other info about our game, other than some pieces about the Rivers/Cutler feud.

BroncoWave
12-28-2008, 04:28 PM
The Lions cap off the "perfect" season! 0-16. :lol:

Bozo Jr.
12-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Seeing the Chargers cry and moan means more to me today than making the playoffs. Our pride is truly at stake here.

BroncosRockdaRockies
12-28-2008, 04:49 PM
:beer: Heres to alot of pass rushing, alot of bump coverage, and alot of first contact tackling, And last but not least alot of points and yards and a win!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tned
12-28-2008, 04:56 PM
:beer: Heres to alot of pass rushing, alot of bump coverage, and alot of first contact tackling, And last but not least alot of points and yards and a win!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, I'm thinking 500 yards and 30+ points.

If our defense plays like they have the rest of the second half, they will likely mostly shut down the running game, except for a few big runs.

Sproles gashed us earlier in the season, both in the return game and from scrimmage. That type of back has hurt us multiple times this year, so we need to try and limit his damage.

Beyond that, while I think we will do a solid job of stopping the run, Rivers has enough targets that our secondary will not be able to cover them all, unless we figure out a way to get pressure on him, which we haven't been doing to any QB.

So, while there is a chance we can shut them down, more likely we will need 150 yards rushing, 350 passing, and something in the mid to high 30's in points.

broncophan
12-28-2008, 05:01 PM
Yea......Sproles killed us last time........but if we focus too much on him.........Tomlinson will do the same.....although he has had a down year...

I agree......we will have to score in the high 30's to win ....

Need huge games from Marshall and Royal.....and no stupid turnovers...

GO BRONCOS....

Tned
12-28-2008, 05:03 PM
Tatum and Byrd are going to have to produce, because we are going to have to have some running game to give Jay a break. He can't line up in the shotgun all game long.

broncophan
12-28-2008, 05:06 PM
Tatum and Byrd are going to have to produce, because we are going to have to have some running game to give Jay a break. He can't line up in the shotgun all game long.

That would be nice.....

Would be good to get 2 or 3 long TOUCHDOWN drives and hold onto the ball.....keep it away from Rivers....and keep our defense off the field

Tned
12-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Still almost three hours until kickoff.

Whether it's our last game of the season, or first time getting in the playoffs in three years, I want this damn game to start.

broncophan
12-28-2008, 05:32 PM
Yep.....in the meantime I will enjoy watching Favre lose against Miami.........lol....Favre just threw a pick 6...:D

Tned
12-28-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm watching the Cowboys get trounced by the Eagles. Not only are they down 24-3, Pacman just coughed up the ball on a kick return, so they will get to either try a long throw or long kick with 5 seconds left.

Tned
12-28-2008, 05:43 PM
:laugh: Pacman just gave them 3 points with his fumble. 27-3 at the half.

I'm half watching the MIA/NJY on the computer via DirecTV Supercast. Was NY's 6 points two field goals or a missed extra point? I though I saw them score a TD earlier, but then the score was 6-0.

broncophan
12-28-2008, 05:49 PM

I'm half watching the MIA/NJY on the computer via DirecTV Supercast. Was NY's 6 points two field goals or a missed extra point? I though I saw them score a TD earlier, but then the score was 6-0.

2 ,early ,field goals........yea.....I am flipping between the dal-phil game and the jets-Mia game...

Tned
12-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Now a Romo fumble, followed by a Clemens 80 yard scoop and score.

broncophan
12-28-2008, 06:10 PM
TD jets and a 2 pt conversion......17-14 jets...

Tned
12-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Yea, think I am going to switch to the Miami game.

Tned
12-28-2008, 06:13 PM
Ahhh, much better. A CBS announcing crew.

broncophan
12-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Now a Romo fumble, followed by a Clemens 80 yard scoop and score.

Could be "cya later Wade".....after that embarrassing showing...

Tned
12-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Nice catch by number 80. Did you see Brett just shaking his head after watching that catch. Damn, I picked NY in the office pool.

broncophan
12-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Ahhh, much better. A CBS announcing crew.
lol yea.....looks like it will be an exciting finish...

Tned
12-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Wow, another long fumble recovery. This one was a 96 yard fumble recovery for TD. 41-3 Eagles.

broncophan
12-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Nice catch by number 80. Did you see Brett just shaking his head after watching that catch. Damn, I picked NY in the office pool.

Yea.....I did too.....pick the jets...

Favre was prob. upset......the jets just worked hard to score.....and 1 minute later the defense lets the dolphins score.....lol......
Sounds familiar doesn't it.....

broncophan
12-28-2008, 06:18 PM
Wow, another long fumble recovery. This one was a 96 yard fumble recovery for TD. 41-3 Eagles.

What????/.......omg....that is ugly...lol

Tned
12-28-2008, 06:19 PM
What????/.......omg....that is ugly...lol

Yea, this one was a Barber fumble on the 4. Both fumbles were caused by Dawkins -- one on a blitz on Romo and the other a tackle/strip of Barber.

broncophan
12-28-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm rooting for Pennington.....after the way the jets treated him when they picked up Favre in the off-season.

broncophan
12-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Damn.............still 2 hours to kickoff,,,,,,,,,,,:rolleyes:

Tned
12-28-2008, 06:25 PM
I'm rooting for Pennington.....after the way the jets treated him when they picked up Favre in the off-season.

Miami is a great story, plus maybe we'll get a chance to play them in the playoffs and get revenge for our loss earlier in the season.

Romo fumbled again, which is Dallas' third fumble on three straight possessions. Eagles field goal.

Ziggy
12-28-2008, 06:29 PM
I'm rooting for Miami. When I have no interest in either team I always go for the underdog. To go from a 1-15 season to winning the division in 1 year would be a great accomplishment.

They've added some players in the offseason, but for a team to have a complete turnaround like that makes you wonder just how much of a factor coaching really is in the NFL.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-28-2008, 06:32 PM
I'm rooting for Miami. When I have no interest in either team I always go for the underdog. To go from a 1-15 season to winning the division in 1 year would be a great accomplishment.

They've added some players in the offseason, but for a team to have a complete turnaround like that makes you wonder just how much of a factor coaching really is in the NFL.

I would imagine that Parcells is also doing some coaching. ;)

Tned
12-28-2008, 06:34 PM

It's the Wild Hog formation. Arkansas to the rescue!!!

broncophan
12-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Miami is a great story, plus maybe we'll get a chance to play them in the playoffs and get revenge for our loss earlier in the season.

Romo fumbled again, which is Dallas' third fumble on three straight possessions. Eagles field goal.

Yes......Miami is a great story........it is also nice to see Ginn having a good year.....as I am a buckeye fan....:D....he has had a couple big catches today...

Will be interesting to see what all the cowboy players have to say after this one....:D

Tned
12-28-2008, 06:35 PM
Yes......Miami is a great story........it is also nice to see Ginn having a good year.....as I am a buckeye fan....:D....he has had a couple big catches today...

Will be interesting to see what all the cowboy players have to say after this one....:D

Yea, that should be entertaining. Who and how will TO throw his teamates under the bus?

Ziggy
12-28-2008, 06:36 PM

"Um, Jerry.. can we get a real head coach in here please?" :laugh:

broncophan
12-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Yea, that should be entertaining. Who and how will TO throw his teamates under the bus?

lol....yea.......I remember just last year.......when TO was literaly crying.......when he was talking about his qb...lol

Tned
12-28-2008, 06:37 PM
"Um, Jerry.. can we get a real head coach in here please?" :laugh:

I'd take Phillips as D coordinator. Fire him Jerry, fire him.

broncobryce
12-28-2008, 06:38 PM
Me too, but then we'd have to run a 3-4

Tned
12-28-2008, 06:43 PM
Me too, but then we'd have to run a 3-4

I would take a 3-4 if it meant we could pressure the QB. Plus, as a bonus, think about how all the "maybe we should run a 3-4" threads would go away. :lol:

Requiem / The Dagda
12-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Phillips would be awesome here, and I'd love to see the 4-3 here. Bad blood with Wade, wonder if he'd ever come back. The Eagles are living proof on what drafting defensive lineman high can do for a team. I sure hope to God we double dip at DT this year or get at least three young lineman.

broncobryce
12-28-2008, 06:48 PM
I wouldn't be against it. I just want our D to get better ASAP

Broncos4Ever24
12-28-2008, 06:50 PM

By the way this was a touchdown and a mishandled snap on the PAT

Tned
12-28-2008, 06:54 PM
Phillips would be awesome here, and I'd love to see the 4-3 here. Bad blood with Wade, wonder if he'd ever come back. The Eagles are living proof on what drafting defensive lineman high can do for a team. I sure hope to God we double dip at DT this year or get at least three young lineman.

He wasn't much of a head coach here, but then again, he wasn't much of a head coach in most of his stops. So, hard to say if he would be interested in a DC position here.

Tned
12-28-2008, 06:56 PM
If we get in the playoffs, I would much rather possibly face Miami down the road than NE, even with Cassel. Not to mention, if we face them, it would be in Miami/NE, and I would rather go to Miami.

So, come on Miami, hold on.

broncophan
12-28-2008, 06:59 PM
He wasn't much of a head coach here, but then again, he wasn't much of a head coach in most of his stops. So, hard to say if he would be interested in a DC position here.

I would think....as long as Shanahan has been in football in different organizations etc.......he would have crossed paths with someone very knowledgable about defense etc.....to be a good defensive coordinator.....
imo.....it shouldn't be an issue.....but it is....

broncophan
12-28-2008, 06:59 PM
omg........Favre just threw a bad int....lol

Tned
12-28-2008, 07:00 PM
omg........Favre just threw a bad int....lol

Yep, his third pick. It was ugly.

Then, Miami comes back with a nice Brown run out of the Wild Hog formation.

broncophan
12-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Yep, his third pick. It was ugly.

Then, Miami comes back with a nice Brown run out of the Wild Hog formation.

How many Favre jerseys did they sell this year in NY??...lol

Rusty Shackleford
12-28-2008, 07:06 PM
4:00 p.m. PT: Just got the Broncos inactives for tonight’s game: Alex Haynes, Niko Koutouvides, Marlon McCree, Jarvis Moss, Pat Murray, Chad Mustard, Andrew Pinnock and Jack Williams will not dress out.

:) .

BroncoWave
12-28-2008, 07:10 PM
How many Favre jerseys did they sell this year in NY??...lol

I've seen a shit ton in New Orleans.

Tned
12-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Man, a few of those surprise me.

Moss has been playing more and more of late, and having some impact.
Haynes means we have only two RBs, and with our attrition rate, it is just hare to imagine that being enough.
Pinnock means that we only have Larsen as a FB, and previously Shanny said he couldn't put in a FB centric game plan with one FB, in case that FB got hurt (maybe Lichtensteiger has been worked into the full FB playbook :confused:). Surely we aren't going without a FB based game plan again (single back and shotgun only?).

So, anyway, this inactive list gives me some concerns.

slim
12-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Man, a few of those surprise me.

Moss has been playing more and more of late, and having some impact.
Haynes means we have only two RBs, and with our attrition rate, it is just hare to imagine that being enough.
Pinnock means that we only have Larsen as a FB, and previously Shanny said he couldn't put in a FB centric game plan with one FB, in case that FB got hurt (maybe Lichtensteiger has been worked into the full FB playbook :confused:). Surely we aren't going without a FB based game plan again (single back and shotgun only?).

So, anyway, this inactive list gives me some concerns.

I agree about the RB's. I guess this means we can expect a lot of spread formations and around 50 pass attempts.

Meh, may as well put in the hands of our best player. :beer:

Requiem / The Dagda
12-28-2008, 07:16 PM
JMFW thrown under the bus. Tim Crowder gets to play. Lol, yes! Timmy, show them they were wrong for benching you for all but like four games.

Tned
12-28-2008, 07:25 PM
I agree about the RB's. I guess this means we can expect a lot of spread formations and around 50 pass attempts.

Meh, may as well put in the hands of our best player. :beer:

I am really hoping for a running game to take a little pressure off the passing game. Hopefully, they can run Tatum and Byrd on tosses and such, or have some plays with Larsen in there.

I like the idea of getting Marshall, Royal, Stokely, Scheffler and Graham on the field as much as possible, because they have all played well this year, and when Cutler is on, they are big time weapons, but we need at least the thread of a running game.

JMFW thrown under the bus. Tim Crowder gets to play. Lol, yes! Timmy, show them they were wrong for benching you for all but like four games.

Yea, I have been surprised by all the inactives for him, as I thought he showed some solid play when he was out there.

broncophan
12-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Enjoy the game everyone.....time for me to lock myself in my room and root for the broncos!!!...lol

GO BRONCOS!!!!

Ziggy
12-28-2008, 07:40 PM
I'm excited. The rest of the family is out of town, so this is the first game that I get to sit and watch, and chat with my fellow faithful during the game. It's been a strange football season for me. The first 3 games, I was down in Louisiana and Texas helping with the hurrincaine relief efforts. Those were the first Bronco games that I missed seeing in over 30 years.

Now, in the midst of a rebuilding season, the Broncos still have a chance in the last game to win the division and get to the playoffs. Could we ask for more? I'm sure we could, but I won't. I love this team, and I love rooting for them. Good, bad, or ugly, I'll be cheering and believing. Here's to a great finish to the 2008 regular season. :cheers:

JONtheBRONCO
12-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Getting nervous!!!!

UnderArmour
12-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Getting excited.

Zweems56
12-28-2008, 07:45 PM
drugsmaking me tired. very bad timing.

Tned
12-28-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm excited. The rest of the family is out of town, so this is the first game that I get to sit and watch, and chat with my fellow faithful during the game. It's been a strange football season for me. The first 3 games, I was down in Louisiana and Texas helping with the hurrincaine relief efforts. Those were the first Bronco games that I missed seeing in over 30 years.

Now, in the midst of a rebuilding season, the Broncos still have a chance in the last game to win the division and get to the playoffs. Could we ask for more? I'm sure we could, but I won't. I love this team, and I love rooting for them. Good, bad, or ugly, I'll be cheering and believing. Here's to a great finish to the 2008 regular season. :cheers:

I didn't see this as a rebuilding year coming in. I don't think we made the offseason moves of a rebuilding team, so I expected more from this team then where we are.

Having said that, all that really matters is that we are in a position to get in the playoffs.

Kapaibro
12-28-2008, 07:49 PM
Win or lose, at least we're not Lions fans

Jaws
12-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Just a bit, but then again that might be the stout and sloe gin effect.

I think I better delay the whiskyteerin till at least halftime.

You getting this game on tv?

Ziggy
12-28-2008, 07:54 PM
I didn't see this as a rebuilding year coming in. I don't think we made the offseason moves of a rebuilding team, so I expected more from this team then where we are.

Having said that, all that really matters is that we are in a position to get in the playoffs.

I saw it as a rebuilding year just because our offensive and defensive lines were both so awful last season. One line fixed, one to go.

Kapaibro
12-28-2008, 07:55 PM
It would be interesting to have seen what we can do with a healthy team, instead of running 768 different RB's

Tned
12-28-2008, 08:00 PM
I saw it as a rebuilding year just because our offensive and defensive lines were both so awful last season. One line fixed, one to go.

I define a rebuilding year as one where you make moves that you know will likely result in losing short term, in order to get long term gains. Such as cutting/trading/sitting veterans in favor of first or second year players, trading your best veterans for multiple draft choices like KC did, etc.

In my book, we didn't do that. We drafted an LT early, with the mind that he could start and be an upgrade over other options, but with immediate payoffs, not future payoffs. Other than that, we made free agent moves to win this year. They didn't all work out, but they were clearly intended to win this year, not in the future.

Royal was clearly not intended to be a starter, but impressed in training camp/pre-season and then Marshall's suspension opened the door for him, and he took advantage of it.

Den21vsBal19
12-28-2008, 08:02 PM
This is very true :lol:

Evening, all :beer:

Tned
12-28-2008, 08:03 PM

Yep, well said.

Jaws
12-28-2008, 08:11 PM
Eww, Mike Carlsen has just said the two Qb's have very similar personalities.
Don't think Cutler would like being compared to Phyllis :2thumbsdown::sick:

Denver Native (Carol)
12-28-2008, 08:14 PM
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL:salute::salute:

Kapaibro
12-28-2008, 08:14 PM

Well Mike Carlsen is obviously a moron:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Den21vsBal19
12-28-2008, 08:15 PM
Missed that......................just flicked over to the game after watching Blazing Saddles on DVD :lol:

So after the Reds demolition job today (what I wouldn't give to see Denver put in a performance like that), and a bit of classic comedy, I'm in a good mood for kickoff..................let's see how long it takes for Slowick to ruin it ;)

Northman
12-28-2008, 08:15 PM
Anyone catch LT already talking junk to Denver? lol

BroncoAV06
12-28-2008, 08:16 PM
Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

SAN DIEGO -- Here are the inactive players for tonight's showdown in the AFC West in the winner-takes-the-division game between the Broncos and the Chargers:

Denver Broncos Inactives

20 FS Marlon McCree
26 CB Jack Williams
37 RB Alex Haynes
38 FB Andrew Pinnock
53 LB Niko Koutouvides
72 G Pat Murray
85 TE Chad Mustard
94 DE Jarvis Moss

San Diego Chargers Inactives

6 QB Charlie Whitehurst (third quarterback)
29 RB Michael Bennett
34 FB Billy Latsko
59 LB Brandon Siler
67 G Kynan Forney
75 T Corey Clark
80 WR Malcom Floyd
98 DT Ian Scott

Game time!

Den21vsBal19
12-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Well Mike Carlsen is obviously a moron:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Most definitetly.............the guy hates us.................he can't go five minutes without moaning about our OL & ZBS........................damn moron either doesn't know or doesn't care about the difference between cut & chop blocking :frusty:

Jaws
12-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Missed that......................just flicked over to the game after watching Blazing Saddles on DVD :lol:

So after the Reds demolition job today (what I wouldn't give to see Denver put in a performance like that), and a bit of classic comedy, I'm in a good mood for kickoff..................let's see how long it takes for Slowick to ruin it ;)

Yep, I'm hoping that's a good omen.
Maybe match the no of goals with the same number of TD's?
Five should be good enough to put away those Bolts and throw in a few FG's maybe just to be safe.

Here's to hoping, praying and believing :beer:

Requiem / The Dagda
12-28-2008, 08:21 PM
Either way I'm cool with tonight.

Den21vsBal19
12-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Five should be good enough to put away those Bolts and throw in a few FG's maybe just to be safe.

The way the D's been playing.....................we'll need at least 5 TDs :lol:

Jaws
12-28-2008, 08:23 PM
Email in from Jake on Channel Five.
I wonder if it's Plummer ;)

weazel
12-28-2008, 08:23 PM
geez is this game gonna make me sick

Den21vsBal19
12-28-2008, 08:24 PM
Email in from Jake on Channel Five.
I wonder if it's Plummer ;)
Carlsen just called us Oakland :mad:

And we're off!!!

pauld001
12-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Denver better hope they win or they will be laughing stock, just slightly above the raiders

Ziggy
12-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Champ is on Gates early on, I like it.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-28-2008, 08:27 PM
They just carried Bailey off:tsk:

Den21vsBal19
Champ is on Gates early on, I like it.
Not any more, he ain't :frusty:

BroncoWave
Champ injured. Great. :rolleyes:

Den21vsBal19
12-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Awwww...........crap :mad:

Denver Native (Carol)
12-28-2008, 08:29 PM
WHERE was the interference????:tsk:

BroncoWave
Webster you moron. Why the hell does he still play? :rolleyes:

Jaws
Ha ha Phyllis, on yer back!

broncohead
12-28-2008, 08:30 PM
nice sack collapsing the pocket

Den21vsBal19
12-28-2008, 08:31 PM
OK, the D have finally realised that the game's started............

Thankfully we only gave up the 3...............

Ziggy
Webster you moron. Why the hell does he still play? :rolleyes:

The first order of business in the offseason should be to replace Webster.

Denver Native (Carol)
OK - 3 is GOOD - Let's go get 7

BroncoAV06
Needed that after teh PI call, only 3 on the board. See what tone Cutler and company set on the opening drive.

BroncoWave
Not a bad first drive defensively other than the Webster dumbassery.

Ziggy
12-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Cutler to Sheff, all the way down the field.

tomjonesrocks
12-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Bailey done, and 3-0 Chargers. Pretty much an expected start I guess.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Left elbow injury - Bailey might be back :salute:

BroncoWave
12-28-2008, 08:34 PM
Bailey done, and 3-0 Chargers. Pretty much an expected start I guess.

Not necessarily done. It's an elbow injury so he could return.

Den21vsBal19
12-28-2008, 08:35 PM
OK, forget the WR screen for a while :mad:

Nice pickup to Scheff :rockon:

Ziggy
12-28-2008, 08:36 PM
We don't need no steeeenking run!

Den21vsBal19
Looks like we're going to be using the TE's a fair bit tonight

BroncoWave
Nice run by Tater up the middle! Take that JR! :D

Den21vsBal19
12-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Bell's started tough!

Ziggy
Nice blocking on that run.

BroncoWave
Tater's running that ball hard tonight! Nice to see!

Denver Native (Carol)
OK Tatum :salute:

broncohead
Tatum Bell had a good run there.

BroncoWave
12-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Tater tot!!!

Den21vsBal19
Marshall can't keep dropping balls like that :mad:

TATER!!!!!!!:rockon:

broncohead
Wow Tatum...

Ziggy
That's what I'm talking about! TD Denver.

soonerjh
Yes!! we need some more of that!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
12-28-2008, 08:40 PM
:salute::salute: TD - BRONCOS - TATUM :salute::salute:

BroncoAV06
Bell with eyes on the prize!

Den21vsBal19

That's number one :D

BroncoWave
Prater is kicking his way right out of Denver.

Gamechanger
12-28-2008, 08:41 PM
My god prater!!

Ziggy
What is wrong with Prater tonight?

Den21vsBal19
C'mon Prater.....................can't afford any foul ups tonight :mad:

soonerjh
oh no, dont start that Prater!

BroncoAV06
Freaking Prater.....

Lonestar
12-28-2008, 08:42 PM
how do you miss two straight by hitting the upright
BTW mikey is getting gray

Kapaibro
Bring back Elam!

Denver Native (Carol)
:banghead::banghead: Is it Prater, or the holder???

Lonestar
12-28-2008, 08:43 PM
once every two years not to worry

Watchthemiddle

Its an extra point....it shouldn't matter. Thats going to come back to haunt us I feel.

Tned
Man, I hate Madden as an announcer.

Hope Bailey makes a return.

Denver Native (Carol)

Twice tonight already :salute:

Den21vsBal19
12-28-2008, 08:44 PM
:defense::defense:

BroncoWave

I've already counted 3 or 4 good runs. :coffee:

Watchthemiddle
who is are starting LB's tonight?

Tned
12-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Prater seems to have completely lost his swing/kick, which is probably mental at this point. It will be interesting to see how much Shanny trusts him on field goals tonight.

soonerjh
Come on defense, we need to get a pick or fumble!!!

Lonestar

left goal post

Lonestar
12-28-2008, 08:46 PM
I've already counted 3 or 4 good runs. :coffee:
hpw many TD's

soonerjh
alright, Champ is backkk...

Denver Native (Carol)
Bailey's back :salute::salute:

BroncoAV06
who is are starting LB's tonight?

Jamie/Nate/DJ

Watchthemiddle
12-28-2008, 08:47 PM
Jamie/Nate/DJ

crap..i was hoping it wasn't nate

Den21vsBal19
12-28-2008, 08:48 PM
crap..i was hoping it wasn't nate
And a PI given away by him on the first drive :mad:

tomjonesrocks
12-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Defense looks terrible.

Den21vsBal19
12-28-2008, 08:50 PM
Stupid Stupid STUPID :frusty::frusty:

Watchthemiddle
12-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Put in Larson and Woodyard

tomjonesrocks
12-28-2008, 08:51 PM
10-6 Chargers. Will we get a stop tonight?

Gamechanger
12-28-2008, 08:52 PM
WTF is the D?!!

Watchthemiddle
12-28-2008, 08:53 PM
Anyone else think this will be a 38-35 game?

broncobryce
12-28-2008, 08:54 PM
at least it wasnt phyllis

Watchthemiddle
Its sure does look like there are a bunch of Chargers guests on here...:confused:

Den21vsBal19
I've already said we'll need to score at least 5 TDs to stand any chance

soonerjh
12-28-2008, 08:55 PM

I do, hopefully we trade scores with them!

Ziggy
12-28-2008, 08:56 PM

I'm thinking 42-41

fcspikeit
12-28-2008, 08:57 PM
I just don't see what Shanahan/slowic sees in Webster?

He waits until the runner clears the line before he even attempts to make the tackle. I wonder if they are telling him to do that? And why do we always have him matched up on WR's?

It's hard to blame him for not being able to cover them..

Barritt needs to keep his head up when he goes for the hit, He took Champ out on the one play..

Tned
12-28-2008, 08:57 PM
Offense just needs to 'hold serve'. This was never going to be a low scoring affair, so Cutler and crew need to score every time they touch the ball.

tomjonesrocks
12-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Punt almost means the game. Isn't our defense great?

BroncoAV06
12-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Wide outs just have to calm down a bit and look the ball into the hands.

soonerjh
12-28-2008, 09:00 PM
darn, now we really need a stop...

Den21vsBal19
12-28-2008, 09:00 PM
I do, hopefully we trade scores with them!
Chance would be a fine thing :tsk:

Watchthemiddle
12-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Were in big trouble folks. If we get down two scores, not sure Cutler can handle it.

BroncoWave
12-28-2008, 09:02 PM
Nice game so far Champ. :rolleyes:

Tned
12-28-2008, 09:03 PM
Barritt needs to keep his head up when he goes for the hit, He took Champ out on the one play..

Yep, Bailey would have had that guy wrapped up in the previous series, if Barrett didn't knock him off.

Whether it is losing a step or the injury, Bailey simply doesn't have the closing speed that he has had in the past. It used to allow him to play the run agressively, because he could close back on the receiver on play action. Now, he isn't catching up. It happened in week two before his groin injury as well, where Chambers just ran past him on the long TD.

Medford Bronco
I love Bailey but he is clearly hurt. I would get him out of the game.

I pray for better defense, they look sucky so far

broncobryce
:eek::confused::tsk:

Watchthemiddle
12-28-2008, 09:04 PM
where is OUR vertical passing game? Their DB's and secondary is just as bad as ours. This nickel and dime stuff isn't working

Tned
12-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Were in big trouble folks. If we get down two scores, not sure Cutler can handle it.

I think Jay can handle it, the question is whether or not the defense will be able to slow SD enough to let Jay catch up.

Watchthemiddle
12-28-2008, 09:06 PM
I think Jay can handle it, the question is whether or not the defense will be able to slow SD enough to let Jay catch up.

I don't know...he is going to start pressing and we all know what happens when he starts pressing. The O has to help out the D and vise versa

BroncoWave
12-28-2008, 09:07 PM

Unless Rivers and LT get hurt, I don't see it happening.

nmbroncosfan
12-28-2008, 09:08 PM
our running game worries me as in nonexistant.

Watchthemiddle
12-28-2008, 09:09 PM
So far this performance is dreadful from everything to the extra point, to the d, to the O, to the play calling. :tsk:

BroncoAV06
12-28-2008, 09:11 PM
Defense sure is doing alot of talking....

Chargers o-line just explodes off the line.

BroncoWave
12-28-2008, 09:11 PM
So far this performance is dreadful from everything to the extra point, to the d, to the O, to the play calling. :tsk:

The kickoff coverage has been decent. :noidea:

tomjonesrocks
12-28-2008, 09:12 PM
No offense could keep up with this pathetic defense. This is almost in the books.

Watchthemiddle
YIKES!! if the O doesn't answer...good night!!

BroncoWave
Good luck in the playoffs SD. :tsk:

nmbroncosfan
12-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Broncos should have taken care of business last week and this game wouldn't matter

Den21vsBal19
I love Bailey but he is clearly hurt. I would get him out of the game.

I pray for better defense, they look sucky so far
Sad thing is, despite the time he missed getting his elbow sorted, he's still leading the team in tackles tonight :tsk:

We've got to put up a TD this drive

BroncoWave
hpw many TD's

Same amount as LT so far tonight. :coffee:

Ziggy
12-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Time to score and put some pressure on Rivers.

Den21vsBal19
12-28-2008, 09:17 PM
Dammit...........another sodding drop :mad:

BroncoWave
Get your head in the game Eddie.

Ziggy
That's 2 drops fro Eddie tonight

tomjonesrocks
12-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Wow. Royal's a deer in headlights.

Den21vsBal19
12-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Lordy........................flags flying like confetti!!!!!!!

And mostly on us :mad:

Watchthemiddle
12-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Done!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
12-28-2008, 09:20 PM
MEMO TO REFEREES FROM THE LEAGUE - Call as many penalties on the Broncos as you can to make up for Hoculi's call :mad:

Watchthemiddle
12-28-2008, 09:20 PM
We look scared

BroncoWave
12-28-2008, 09:21 PM
Bout time to stick a fork in us...

broncobryce
12-28-2008, 09:22 PM
Can anyone besides Cutler do anything?

Tned
Good luck in the playoffs SD. :tsk:

There's about 40 minutes of ball left. lol

Den21vsBal19
Bout time to stick a fork in us...
Might be time for something a little stronger than beer :tsk:

BroncoWave
12-28-2008, 09:25 PM
There's about 40 minutes of ball left. lol

Well unless our defense learns how to stop someone for the first time all season I won't be holding my breath. They've done nothing in this game to give me any confidence that SD won't score on every single drive.

Northman
I dont see anyone's head in the game. Royal is having issues, the Defense is doing what they do best, and SD is dominating in all aspects of the game so far.

Den21vsBal19
What the hell kind of coverage are we running?

Red carpet? :frusty:

Lonestar
12-28-2008, 09:26 PM
something smells in Dove VAlley

Watchthemiddle
12-28-2008, 09:26 PM
How much does this D miss Lynch?

BroncoWave
12-28-2008, 09:27 PM

That sounds about right.

Watchthemiddle
12-28-2008, 09:28 PM
I saw we start crazy blitzing. Its worked this year when we have done it. Slowik needs to go balls to the wall

Den21vsBal19
12-28-2008, 09:28 PM
How much does this D miss Lynch?
There's a definite lack of leadership :mad:

Lonestar
12-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Lets see Jay and our receivers VS Rivers and his.. NO CONTEST folks

BroncoWave
I saw we start crazy blitzing. Its worked this year when we have done it. Slowik needs to go balls to the wall

I think that requires having a set of balls, which he obviously does not.

pauld001
Can I get a spot on the denver D, I need a job real bad and obviously talent isn't a requirment.

this game is over.....good luck next year Denver....

Watchthemiddle
We are getting outplayed and out coached!! By NORV!!! Freakin NORV!!:tsk:

Lonestar
12-28-2008, 09:30 PM

no we needs his ball nailed th the wall

Watchthemiddle
Maybe Dr. Jekyl will come out and play in the second half.

arizonakid22
WE SUCK......FIRE EVERYONE! including all of our players on D

Northman
This team just ran out of gas like 4 games ago.

BroncoWave
Lets see Jay and our receivers VS Rivers and his.. NO CONTEST folks

More like our D vs. their D. No contest. Jay and our WRs would be having just as big a field day against this D as Rivers and co are.

tomjonesrocks
Obviously we're going to have 4 Chargers possessions and 4 scores. Slowik can't be defended after this, can he?

Watchthemiddle
12-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Time to take out the D starters and play the 2nd and 3rd stringers.. my money is on them.

pauld001
Do I hear a fat lady....warming up....

sneakers
I was hoping we would show a little more life

Northman
Im going to call it now...........

WE HAVE THEM RIGHT WHERE WE WANT THEM.

lol

tomjonesrocks
I tried not to watch this game but somehow wound up in front of the TV anyway. That was stupid. I'm done now though.

Those of you who can stick more of this out are more man than I.

ikillz0mbies
Obviously we're going to have 4 Chargers possessions and 4 scores. Slowik can't be defended after this, can he?

No, I can't think of any reason why to defend him. He needs to be fired after this season and never be hired by any team in the NFL so they don't have to go through what the Broncos have gone through.

Den21vsBal19
I'll hold the rusty nails, you grab a big hammer ;)

Watchthemiddle
12-28-2008, 09:32 PM
More like our D vs. their D. No contest. Jay and our WRs would be having just as big a field day against this D as Rivers and co are.

I don't agree with that. Our O has lost it on all fronts. The focus is not there. Cutler is already hanging his shoulders and its rubbing off on the entire team. When you look to your leader to lead and he is already beat it hurts the ENTIRE team. Look at the D...and look at Royal.

nmbroncosfan
I was hoping we would show a little more life

They haven't done that all year, why start now.

ikillz0mbies

He needs to grow a pair in order to do that.

Tned
12-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Games not over yet.

Watchthemiddle
12-28-2008, 09:33 PM
I'll hold the rusty nails, you grab a big hammer ;)

I'll hold the tazer!!

horsepig
12-28-2008, 09:34 PM

Ekuban and DJ were the closest to the two SD receivers in the end zone.

You got me-some kind of really stupid zone.

spikerman
Is there anybody who looks less like they even want to play this game than DJ Williams? There is ZERO effort on his part.

yardog
Our only hope is to fire slowdick at halftime.

nmbroncosfan
This season is over..Thank God..I'm tired of watchig this crap

BroncoWave
12-28-2008, 09:35 PM
I don't agree with that. Our O has lost it on all fronts. The focus is not there. Cutler is already hanging his shoulders and its rubbing off on the entire team. When you look to your leader to lead and he is already beat it hurts the ENTIRE team. Look at the D...and look at Royal.

Take a look at our defense. A good college team might have success against them. Jay and the boys would tear that group a new one.