PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Orton has requested a trade before Tuesdays deadline

DenBronx
10-16-2011, 10:37 PM
markschlerethmark schlereth

Did Orton asked to be traded by Tuesday? If the broncos can't trade him they need to cut him!

http://sportmusiclife.wordpress.com/2011/10/16/kyle-orton-requests-trade/
And in a move that really surprises no one, Kyle Orton has walked up to the Broncos front office, asking for a trade before Tuesday’s deadline. If Denver decides to comply, that will add Orton to an already growing block including Eddie Royal and Brandon Lloyd, it’s clear that the 3 biggest playmakers on the Broncos offense are fed up with the situation in Denver and regardless of whether or not they believe it can be turned around is not up for discussion. I don’t expect the Broncos to pull the trigger on a decision before Tuesday, but if they do, they need to make it as soon as possible before Cincinnati wises up and decides to trade Palmer.

Orton has proved himself to be a decent QB when he’s got a running game to work with, he doesn’t have that in Denver. Send him out the door, get a few picks and wash your hands of the whole situation.

DenBronx
10-16-2011, 10:39 PM
So let me guess Llyod, Royal and Orton have all asked to be traded? I know the Broncos were shopping Llyod but I read today that it was Llyod who asked to be traded, now Royal and now Orton.

Talk about give me my ball and I'm going home...

Trade them all....get the cancer out. This team deserves better...

atwater27
10-16-2011, 10:41 PM
Why wouldn't Orton want out? Don't blame him for the mess we are in. It goes waaaaay deeper than Orton.

jhildebrand
10-16-2011, 10:45 PM
If you can trade Orton, trade him.

If nobody comes calling, then don't. Make him lay in this bed all season long! He had his chances. He gambled with Miami. It didn't pay off. Make him be a good boy and if he can't, get him for conduct detrimental and start fining his ass!

DenBronx
10-16-2011, 10:45 PM
If we even get a 5th for Orton we should be happy.

Wash, Oak, Mia should be the 3 top teams interested.

jhildebrand
10-16-2011, 10:47 PM
Nobody is going to call for Orton.

I was scoffed at when I said Orton wouldn't even be the 5th QB to move this off season. They scoffed when I said this team will be lucky to get a 3rd.

I dont see someone making a move for him now. He will just have to tough it out the rest of this season.

Traveler
10-16-2011, 10:48 PM
If true, I say F Orton. He had a chance to accept a trade before the season and balked because of money. Now he is requesting to be traded?

If this report is true, I'd sit his ass and make him endure the "Tebow Thing" unless we get an offer we can't refuse.

DenBronx
10-16-2011, 10:49 PM

If nobody comes calling, then don't. Make him lay in this bed all season long! He had his chances. He gambled with Miami. It didn't pay off. Make him be a good boy and if he can't, get him for conduct detrimental and start fining his ass!

What a total dousch bag. We tried to trade him to Mia earlier and he didnt want to go unless he got a new deal. Now he loses his job here, sucks as a team captain and now asks for a trade.

Helllllloooo, didnt we just try that a couple of months ago Kyle???

Traveler
10-16-2011, 10:49 PM

This!

DenBronx
10-16-2011, 10:50 PM
I just find it funny that him and the WRs are starting to pout.

I expected this from maybe Llyod and Orton but not Royal.

Ziggy
10-16-2011, 10:50 PM
If we even get a 5th for Orton we should be happy.

Wash, Oak, Mia should be the 3 top teams interested.

Oakland won't be in that mix. They know Orton's limitations and they have 2 healthy QB's on the roster, 1 of which they just spent next season's 3rd rounder on. I also doubt they will absorb Orton's remaining salary with Al passing on and Orton's contract expiring. I'd say Seattle is a more likely suitor.

Northman
10-16-2011, 10:53 PM
Outside of Orton makes me kind of wonder how many are cool with the Tebow thing. Obviously its only a couple of guys but they dont seem to want to stick around to give Timmy a chance. Oh well, the way this team has been handled with guys like Cutler, Marshall, Hillis, and Sheff its no wonder players want to bail. Thats probably not even counting guys like Dawk and DJ who have probably seen their names in the trade rumors as well. This team is a cluster****.

jhildebrand
10-16-2011, 10:58 PM
Outside of Orton makes me kind of wonder how many are cool with the Tebow thing. Obviously its only a couple of guys but they dont seem to want to stick around to give Timmy a chance. Oh well, the way this team has been handled with guys like Cutler, Marshall, Hillis, and Sheff its no wonder players want to bail. Thats probably not even counting guys like Dawk and DJ who have probably seen their names in the trade rumors as well. This team is a cluster****.

It's always darkest before the dawn, brother.

DenBronx
10-16-2011, 11:00 PM
One big effing mess...

Tebow comes in and gives the offense a spark and now the captain and our biggest play maker start acting like bitches.

Like I said in another thread, I hope somehow Orton goes to Oakland. I would love Denver to be on the other side of one of his pick sixes.

By the way, Royal booted me from his facebook acount because I told him off.

Northman
10-16-2011, 11:01 PM
It's always darkest before the dawn, brother.

No doubt. But unfortuantely i think we got some Bengal/Lion days ahead of us for a few years. Hopefully for not as quite as long.

jhildebrand
10-16-2011, 11:04 PM
No doubt. But unfortuantely i think we got some Bengal/Lion days ahead of us for a few years. Hopefully for not as quite as long.

We've been there since what 05/06? :confused:

If we play the youth we have this season and out youth next season too, we could the following year make a run like the chiefs did.

If we keep F ing around with aged FA's like Dawk, it is only going to slow the process.

DenBronx
10-16-2011, 11:04 PM
READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/897465-kyle-orton-trade-rumors-3-teams-who-would-be-smart-to-deal-for-bronco-qb?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Miami Dolphins

Chad Henne is gone for this season in Miami and could possibly be gone for good. Sounds like a very good time for the Dolphins to go out and get the guy they wanted to replace Henne with in the offseason.

Orton would be reunited with Brandon Marshall, who he made great touchdown connections with in Denver, and Miami would immediately be a better team.

Seattle Seahawks....

DenBronx
10-16-2011, 11:07 PM
PostBroncosLindsay Jones

RT @MikeKlis: Kyle orton has NOT requested a trade - in fact w newborn daughter he does not want trade

So...don't know what and whats not true but Lindsay Jones doesnt think he asked to be traded.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-16-2011, 11:08 PM
I guess Klis is now reporting that according to Broncos officials, Orton did not request a trade before the deadline. Who knows. Who cares. Nobody really wants the clown anyway.

Ravage!!!
10-16-2011, 11:09 PM
Denver doesn't gain anything by keeping him, and trying to pull the "sit him on the bench" junk does nothing for the team. If you can trade him, trade him. Trying to "punish" him when he's not the one that decided to replace him in the starting lineup, is stupid. It's cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Of course he refused to sign with Miami...EVERYONE IN THE NFL would have done the exact same thing. That deal was crap for him. So lets not try to make it out to be some kind of "selfish" move on his part when it was just plain simple mathmatics.

Trade Orton if you have the chance. If you don't, then you keep him where he's at... pretty simple. We already know we are trying to get something for the WRs that go UFA at the end of the season anyway.... so does Orton.

Northman
10-16-2011, 11:09 PM

Nooooo, we were never THAT bad during those years. Its one thing to be .500 but another thing entirely to be winless to winning just 4-5 games a year. At least back then we had a slight chance.

If we play the youth we have this season and out youth next season too, we could the following year make a run like the chiefs did.

If we keep F ing around with aged FA's like Dawk, it is only going to slow the process.

What do you mean by F ing around?

Tned
10-16-2011, 11:10 PM
If true, I say F Orton. He had a chance to accept a trade before the season and balked because of money. Now he is requesting to be traded?

If this report is true, I'd sit his ass and make him endure the "Tebow Thing" unless we get an offer we can't refuse.

Adam Schefter reported last weekend that it wasn't Orton that balked, but the Dolphin's owner. They had worked out a three year, $27 million extension, and the owner nixed it.

On the trade, Vic Lombardi and Klis are both saying Orton hasn't requested a trade. Lombardi is saying he spoke to a team official a little while ago.

Ravage!!!
10-16-2011, 11:11 PM

We don't have the talent in the young ranks NOT to use Vets. Thats just going to have to be a part of this team for a while. Thats what happens when you send off your entire offense when they are young and before they hit their prime. You have to replace everyone that was already here.

Bosco
10-16-2011, 11:12 PM

Why is your first option always to go doom and gloom? Maybe we should stop and consider for a second that (and as much as I hate it) we're adopting an ultra conservative offense, and that two receivers that are getting up in years (Lloyd) the slot receiver (Royal) and on contract years (both) don't see much of a future here in this system. Especially with Decker really coming on and Thomas coming back from injury.

I hate where it's headed, but this is a business and from their perspective the smart business decision is to get out of Dodge.

DenBronx
10-16-2011, 11:12 PM
Adam Schefter reported last weekend that it wasn't Orton that balked, but the Dolphin's owner. They had worked out a three year, $27 million extension, and the owner nixed it.

On the trade, Vic Lombardi and Klis are both saying Orton hasn't requested a trade. Lombardi is saying he spoke to a team official a little while ago.

Yeah maybe so Tned but where there's smoke there is usually fire and we have seen this happen in Denver before.

jhildebrand
10-16-2011, 11:13 PM
We don't have the talent in the young ranks NOT to use Vets. Thats just going to have to be a part of this team for a while. Thats what happens when you send off your entire offense when they are young and before they hit their prime. You have to replace everyone that was already here.

Thanks McDaniels :mad:

Ravage!!!
10-16-2011, 11:13 PM
Yeah maybe so Tned but where there's smoke there is usually fire and we have seen this happen in Denver before.

what are you referring too?

DenBronx
10-16-2011, 11:14 PM
NFL_RealUpdatesDov Kleiman

#Broncos QB Kyle Orton has said that the Associated Press report about him asking to be traded is false.

jhildebrand
10-16-2011, 11:15 PM
What do you mean by F ing around?

I said the same about John Lynch. I just think it is clear the guy is a pure liability. He is a 200# extra LB on run plays. It doesn't really do much for this team.

I would rather a guy like Quinton Carter start learning by experience from his mistakes now when the games aren't critical then when they are!

Northman
Why is your first option always to go doom and gloom? Maybe we should stop and consider for a second that (and as much as I hate it) we're adopting an ultra conservative offense, and that two receivers that are getting up in years (Lloyd) the slot receiver (Royal) and on contract years (both) don't see much of a future here in this system. Especially with Decker really coming on and Thomas coming back from injury.

I hate where it's headed, but this is a business and from their perspective the smart business decision is to get out of Dodge.

I understand the business side of it, i really do. But this team really hasnt given me much to cheer about so really until i start seeing a positive move forward im going to have nothing but doom and gloom. I understand that it wont always be like that and ive been down this road before and things turned out fine then but for now its hard to see the upside aside from a handful of players.

DenBronx
what are you referring too?

Cutler asked to be traded after him and Josh clashed. Both of them lied and in the end Cutler got traded anyway.

Orton could be lying too. Thats all I'm sayin...

jhildebrand
10-16-2011, 11:16 PM
Denver doesn't gain anything by keeping him, and trying to pull the "sit him on the bench" junk does nothing for the team. If you can trade him, trade him. Trying to "punish" him when he's not the one that decided to replace him in the starting lineup, is stupid. It's cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Of course he refused to sign with Miami...EVERYONE IN THE NFL would have done the exact same thing. That deal was crap for him. So lets not try to make it out to be some kind of "selfish" move on his part when it was just plain simple mathmatics.

Trade Orton if you have the chance. If you don't, then you keep him where he's at... pretty simple. We already know we are trying to get something for the WRs that go UFA at the end of the season anyway.... so does Orton.

Pretty much what my post was. If you get a call for Orton and they offer you a slim jim, peanut m&m's and yoohoo, you take it. If not, you keep him here. If he acts up and is detrimental. You give him the Keyshawn/TO treatment and fine his ass, suspend him.

jhildebrand
10-16-2011, 11:17 PM
I would expect this to be clear as mud! I would figure if he did in fact request a trade he and his agent would need to do some damage control and pr work in the press.

DenBronx
10-16-2011, 11:18 PM

Correction about the Kyle Orton trade situation, He has asked for a trade back in July.

Wow, now these guys are just being retarded. If he asked way back in July then I would think he would want to be traded even more now. What's Kyle going to do everytime Tebow scores? Sit and clap on the sidelines??? No, he wants out of here...

Tned
10-16-2011, 11:19 PM

And, we've see many, many false reports and rumors.

sneakers
10-16-2011, 11:20 PM
There are 9 million reasons why he wont be traded.

Bosco
10-16-2011, 11:22 PM
I understand the business side of it, i really do. But this team really hasnt given me much to cheer about so really until i start seeing a positive move forward im going to have nothing but doom and gloom. I understand that it wont always be like that and ive been down this road before and things turned out fine then but for now its hard to see the upside aside from a handful of players.

For the record, I should probably clarify that this road we're headed down with Fox's offensive preference would qualify as "doom and gloom" for most people.

I'm holding out hope that this shit has been brought on by Kyle's general suckitude, and that putting Tebow out there will see us back to using McDaniels' spread game.

Ravage!!!
10-16-2011, 11:22 PM
I said the same about John Lynch. I just think it is clear the guy is a pure liability. He is a 200# extra LB on run plays. It doesn't really do much for this team.

I would rather a guy like Quinton Carter start learning by experience from his mistakes now when the games aren't critical then when they are!

But you do realize that if the guy is simply making mistakes, doesn't know his assignments, and isn't getting the job done that its HURTING the other players on the field...right? Simply throwing guys out there and using the games as nothing more than practice for anyone thats a back-up is NOT the approach we want this team to start taking. That would be making a mockery of everyone out there.

Lancane
10-16-2011, 11:23 PM

You have a point, but at the same time I don't see Elway allowing an ultra conservative offense that struggles to score points. Instead it looks like McCoy might be trying to create his own offensive system based on the original Erhardt-Perkins from New York, with mostly two wide receiver and dual tight end sets, he might even be trying to infuse some of Meyer's option spread. Even if it doesn't work, I'll give him kudos if that's true for just good old fashion effort.

Ravage!!!
10-16-2011, 11:23 PM
There are 9 million reasons why he wont be traded.

I disagree. We are paying that money either way. Whether he's starting, sitting, or on another team. The difference would be that if he's on another team, we would be getting SOMETHING in return.

DenBronx
10-16-2011, 11:26 PM
I disagree. We are paying that money either way. Whether he's starting, sitting, or on another team. The difference would be that if he's on another team, we would be getting SOMETHING in return.

And possibly splitting the 9 mill with another team.

Lancane
10-16-2011, 11:28 PM
I don't care if Orton did or did not ask for a trade, at this point Denver is without a 5th or a 6th round pick. Take the best offers on the table for the players they want to be rid of and be done with it. If teams are iffy about using picks, try to get players who can grow and contribute in the system, either way clean house and get back to what is important...playing the g'damn game.

Bosco
10-16-2011, 11:28 PM
You have a point, but at the same time I don't see Elway allowing an ultra conservative offense that struggles to score points. Instead it looks like McCoy might be trying to create his own offensive system based on the original Erhardt-Perkins from New York, with mostly two wide receiver and dual tight end sets, he might even be trying to infuse some of Meyer's option spread. Even if it doesn't work, I'll give him kudos if that's true for just good old fashion effort.

If it comes to that, we'll probably have trouble because Fox is too damned stubborn with that shit. Those old school defensive guys are usually very heavily tied into the conservative offense dogma.

Tned
10-16-2011, 11:30 PM

Correction about the Kyle Orton trade situation, He has asked for a trade back in July.

Wow, now these guys are just being retarded. If he asked way back in July then I would think he would want to be traded even more now. What's Kyle going to do everytime Tebow scores? Sit and clap on the sidelines??? No, he wants out of here...

The request from back in July is old news. As the lockout was getting closer to the end and there was talk that Tebow would get the start, Orton reportedly requested the trade.

As we all know, the Broncos tried to trade Orton after the lockout ended, only one team was interested and the trade didn't go through.

DenBronx
10-16-2011, 11:32 PM
I don't care if Orton did or did not ask for a trade, at this point Denver is without a 5th or a 6th round pick. Take the best offers on the table for the players they want to be rid of and be done with it. If teams are iffy about using picks, try to get players who can grow and contribute in the system, either way clean house and get back to what is important...playing the g'damn game.

Exactly. And if this is or isnt a rumor then we will all know by Tuesdays deadline anyway.

I sure hope Elway and Xanders are picking up the phone and trying to get this done.

Ill send Elway a text tomorrow to see if it's true, it's too late right now.

Lancane
10-16-2011, 11:33 PM
If it comes to that, we'll probably have trouble because Fox is too damned stubborn with that shit. Those old school defensive guys are usually very heavily tied into the conservative offense dogma.

That's one of the reasons I did not want the Broncos hiring Coach Fox and was hoping that they were looking at Harbaugh, Dennison or Rivera, even Mularkey would have been a better choice IMHO. If Coach Fox allows this offense to be even more conservative, then we're going to be in the 'Suck for Luck' campaign whether we want to be or not, conservative offensive strategies hinder teams, especially teams which utilize 'Bend Don't Break' defenses.

DenBronx
10-16-2011, 11:35 PM
The request from back in July is old news. As the lockout was getting closer to the end and there was talk that Tebow would get the start, Orton reportedly requested the trade.

As we all know, the Broncos tried to trade Orton after the lockout ended, only one team was interested and the trade didn't go through.

Yeah Klieman was trying to clarify that.

But if he didnt want to be a Bronco then the why would he want to be one after getting benched?

I think Kyle deep down is dissapointed in himself and no one else. I know as fans we all like to bash players but I think he's just as dissapointed. Really he needs to go to a team like Seattle and get a new start or be a good backup somewhere.

Tned
10-16-2011, 11:37 PM
Yeah Klieman was trying to clarify that.

But if he didnt want to be a Bronco then the why would he want to be one after getting benched?

I think Kyle deep down is dissapointed in himself and no one else. I know as fans we all like to bash players but I think he's just as dissapointed. Really he needs to go to a team like Seattle and get a new start or be a good backup somewhere.

Last week it was reported that Orton had asked Fox & company not to trade him. Having a newborn, he didn't want to be traded mid season.

Bosco
10-16-2011, 11:39 PM
That's one of the reasons I did not want the Broncos hiring Coach Fox and was hoping that they were looking at Harbaugh, Dennison or Rivera, even Mularkey would have been a better choice IMHO. If Coach Fox allows this offense to be even more conservative, then we're going to be in the 'Suck for Luck' campaign whether we want to be or not, conservative offensive strategies hinder teams, especially teams which utilize 'Bend Don't Break' defenses.

Pretty much. That's a big problem I had with this offseason. If I had my way, we would have done it like this.

- Cleaned house in 95% of the front office, including Xanders and Ellis.

- Decide where you want to go in regards to offensive and defensive philosophies, and then hire a GM (a real one) who shares those views. DeCosta or Grixson (sp?) would have been my picks.

- Let GM find and hire a head coach in accordance with those philosophies.

- Head coach and GM collaborate to decide which of the coaches from the previous regime stay, and hire replacements for the others.

Instead, we got an amateur legacy pick for de facto GM who kept the same sorta-GM and then proceeded to go hire a guy he knew. Excellent strategy!

Lancane
10-16-2011, 11:57 PM
If nothing else, the rumors surrounding this year’s trading deadline are more interesting than usual.

Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reports the Raiders are “trying hard” to acquire Carson Palmer. Cole’s source “highly doubts” Bengals owner Mike Brown would make a move, but perhaps the Raiders could make him think with a big offer.

Other possibilities for the Raiders could include signing David Garrard or trying to trade for Kyle Orton. Both of those moves make more sense to us because the cost will be less.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/17/report-raiders-trying-hard-to-get-carson-palmer/

Lancane
10-17-2011, 12:00 AM
Here you go Bosco, a perfect example of what you and I were stating about conservative offenses:

“This game was decided right down there at the end, and I am so proud of these players, the way they competed tonight,” Jones said. “We rolled the dice at the end and went conservative rather than try to get some points and it bit us.” - Cowboy's Owner Jerry Jones after the loss to New England

Ravage!!!
10-17-2011, 12:06 AM
Here you go Bosco, a perfect example of what you and I were stating about conservative offenses:

But the offense wasn't conservative throughout the night. Teams have to play the chances when to run and when to accept stopping the clock when youahve the lead. The cowboys made the wrong choice on one play call when trying to run out the clock, and then got another false-start, and that killled them. Gave WAyyyy too much time to Brady.

They had them... and blew it.

Lancane
10-17-2011, 12:14 AM
But the offense wasn't conservative throughout the night. Teams have to play the chances when to run and when to accept stopping the clock when youahve the lead. The cowboys made the wrong choice on one play call when trying to run out the clock, and then got another false-start, and that killled them. Gave WAyyyy too much time to Brady.

They had them... and blew it.

But the point is that they did decide to go conservative and it did cost them, even if for only a portion of the game. Conservative offensive strategies are far less successful in the current NFL, especially when you run a defense that at it's base a 'Bend Don't Break' defense - then it's best to have an offense that is anything but conservative.

Tned
10-17-2011, 12:19 AM
I've now had to edit two articles in this thread. Come on guys, you need to read and follow the guidelines for posting copyrighted articles.

Ravage!!!
10-17-2011, 12:26 AM
But the point is that they did decide to go conservative and it did cost them, even if for only a portion of the game. Conservative offensive strategies are far less successful in the current NFL, especially when you run a defense that at it's base a 'Bend Don't Break' defense - then it's best to have an offense that is anything but conservative.

Yes...that sounds great. But the truth is you can't be balls-out alllll the time. You have to be smart and run out the clock. There absolutely is a place for being conservative in the NFL. Not to mention, you can't discount (nor take away) execution. A conservative play is EXTREMELY effective when the plays are executed. Just as a "balls-out" play can be worse than conservative when the play isn't executed.

Calling pass plays simply would have allowed NE to keep their Time outs. If the Cowboys wouldn't have jumped offsides, or simply had gotten 3 yrds on their first carry or so....things would have been MUCH different.

Lancane
10-17-2011, 12:39 AM
Yes...that sounds great. But the truth is you can't be balls-out alllll the time. You have to be smart and run out the clock. There absolutely is a place for being conservative in the NFL. Not to mention, you can't discount (nor take away) execution. A conservative play is EXTREMELY effective when the plays are executed. Just as a "balls-out" play can be worse than conservative when the play isn't executed.

Calling pass plays simply would have allowed NE to keep their Time outs. If the Cowboys wouldn't have jumped offsides, or simply had gotten 3 yrds on their first carry or so....things would have been MUCH different.

I happen to disagree, the modern NFL is too high powered IMHO to simply have a conservative offense and win more then lose - without the proper defense. We've steadily seen an escalation of PPG over the past decade, quarterbacks are throwing for 400 yards a game like it was natural, but back during the 80's passing for 300 yards a game was an astounding feat. Most defenses are now 'Bend Don't Break', there are fewer defensive then offensive juggernauts, but that wasn't always the case. A conservative offense has some good points that you can incorporate, but to be purely conservative will do little to lead you anywhere. The couple seasons that Coach Fox did have where he found success, the offense was far less conservative, they were able to score on almost anybody - the other times it was bottom of the league and the team struggled.

SiouxperBronco
10-17-2011, 12:41 AM
According to Vic Lombardi, CBS 4, the trade rumors are not true..http://twitter.com/#!/VicLombardi/status/125789175629877249

Ravage!!!
10-17-2011, 12:58 AM
I happen to disagree, the modern NFL is too high powered IMHO to simply have a conservative offense and win more then lose - without the proper defense. We've steadily seen an escalation of PPG over the past decade, quarterbacks are throwing for 400 yards a game like it was natural, but back during the 80's passing for 300 yards a game was an astounding feat. Most defenses are now 'Bend Don't Break', there are fewer defensive then offensive juggernauts, but that wasn't always the case. A conservative offense has some good points that you can incorporate, but to be purely conservative will do little to lead you anywhere. The couple seasons that Coach Fox did have where he found success, the offense was far less conservative, they were able to score on almost anybody - the other times it was bottom of the league and the team struggled.

I'm not sure you read what I said. I didn't say a conservative offense is the key. I said that there are times that being conservative is the right thing to do, and still has a place in the NFL games. Running out the clock when is a time for that, and you will STILL see that in the playoffs more than you will in the regular season.

Once weather gets colder, the running game comes more necessary. Being conservative in aspects of the game is not wrong, for when it comes down to it... execution is the most important factor. Throwing an incomplete pass and killing the clock is no more productive than running the ball.

Magnificent Seven
10-17-2011, 01:21 AM
Trade Orton to the raiders for RB Michael Bush

Lancane
10-17-2011, 01:28 AM
Trade Orton to the raiders for RB Michael Bush

That would be an excellent trade! ;)

Lancane
10-17-2011, 01:38 AM
I'm not sure you read what I said. I didn't say a conservative offense is the key. I said that there are times that being conservative is the right thing to do, and still has a place in the NFL games. Running out the clock when is a time for that, and you will STILL see that in the playoffs more than you will in the regular season.

Once weather gets colder, the running game comes more necessary. Being conservative in aspects of the game is not wrong, for when it comes down to it... execution is the most important factor. Throwing an incomplete pass and killing the clock is no more productive than running the ball.

Oh, sorry...

I agree that conservative football is at times the best offense, or should I say the best defense in order to not lose. But conservative football, especially offensively is best left for those teams that have the ability to score whenever they have the ball. Denver doesn't have that luxury, and we're not sure of what changes will be made to the offense, whether it will be dumbed down or will look like a complete Urban Meyer option, the one thing I do know is that if Coach Fox continues to want the offense to be conservative then we will not be able to compete against most teams in this league. There was a point and time where it was the key to victory at all levels of the game, but those days are long gone...now, if you control the clock and the time of possession, teams can still score on you in a matter of a couple minutes or less, leaving a team little time to do anything, especially a conservative offense, basically you're burning your own bridge.

Magnificent Seven
10-17-2011, 01:39 AM
That would be an excellent trade! ;)

If they got Bush, then they can trade RB Moreno for better DT. :defense:

Traveler
10-17-2011, 06:07 AM
If they got Bush, then they can trade RB Moreno for better DT.

Hush! You can't break up the M&M Express jusy when it is starting to pay dividends. ;)

FlyByU
10-17-2011, 06:21 AM

Did Orton asked to be traded by Tuesday? If the broncos can't trade him they need to cut him!

I agree if you cannot trade him cut him get him off the team. That article is nuts. Orton pads his stats when the other team is ahead and playing prevent mostly. He is a loser QB and that is about all he has been in Denver. I bet that Tebow will have more wins in the next 11 games if given good play calling then Orton would in 2 seasons with Denver.

Dzone
10-17-2011, 06:58 AM
Why hasnt the Denver Post said a word about Orton asking to be traded?

Zweems56
10-17-2011, 06:59 AM
Has it still not been pointed out that he DIDN'T recently ask for a trade?
Rotoworld was wrong to attribute #KyleOrton trade request to AP; #Broncos QB asked out in July, not recently

The Sporting News deleted a story Sunday night claiming #Broncos QB Kyle Orton has asked the Broncos to trade him.

Zweems56
10-17-2011, 07:00 AM
Why hasnt the Denver Post said a word about Orton asking to be traded?

They have, through twitter. It's untrue.

Dzone
10-17-2011, 07:01 AM
We thought we were done with these stupid type trades when Mcdaniels was fired.
Maybe we can still bring back L Maroney.
Trading Orton would be so excellent! But not loyd. Unless D Thomas is showing himself ready.

UnderArmour
10-17-2011, 07:06 AM
According to Vic Lombardi, CBS 4, the trade rumors are not true..http://twitter.com/#!/VicLombardi/status/125789175629877249

We really should have known that the trade rumors were not true from the start. Orton is making $9 million to sit on the bench and look pretty on the sidelines. If he gets traded, he will have to take a pay cut. Why on earth would anyone take a drastic reduction in salary from $9 million where they don't even have to go put their body on the line? This is the most money Orton is going to make for one year in his entire career. He'll be our primary backup for the rest of the year ahead of Brady Quinn.

JaxBroncoGirl
10-17-2011, 07:23 AM

And in a move that really surprises no one, Kyle Orton has walked up to the Broncos front office, asking for a trade before Tuesday’s deadline. If Denver decides to comply, that will add Orton to an already growing block including Eddie Royal and Brandon Lloyd, it’s clear that the 3 biggest playmakers on the Broncos offense are fed up with the situation in Denver and regardless of whether or not they believe it can be turned around is not up for discussion. I don’t expect the Broncos to pull the trigger on a decision before Tuesday, but if they do, they need to make it as soon as possible before Cincinnati wises up and decides to trade Palmer.

Orton has proved himself to be a decent QB when he’s got a running game to work with, he doesn’t have that in Denver. Send him out the door, get a few picks and wash your hands of the whole situation.

Brandon Lloyd is on the trading block for confrontions with coaches.....

TXBRONC
10-17-2011, 07:58 AM
We thought we were done with these stupid type trades when Mcdaniels was fired.
Maybe we can still bring back L Maroney.
Trading Orton would be so excellent! But not loyd. Unless D Thomas is showing himself ready.

I don't think trading Lloyd is dumb in the long run. It could and more than likely in the short run but in the long run I don't think we would be in bad shape.

Agent of Orange
10-17-2011, 08:09 AM

Wait, wut?! Was I the only one who did a double take on this?

Zweems56
10-17-2011, 08:18 AM

Where do you people get this shit? Do you make it up for kicks?

Davii
10-17-2011, 08:23 AM

Link, anything? Is there validity to this, did you make it up, are you speculating?

I would think, were this the case, that there would be some sort of news about it somewhere?

TXBRONC
10-17-2011, 08:32 AM
Link, anything? Is there validity to this, did you make it up, are you speculating?

I would think, were this the case, that there would be some sort of news about it somewhere?

I'm listening to Vic and Gary on The Ticket right as I type this and just touched on Lloyd's attitude. They mentioned that he has worn out his welcome with three other teams and that he runs hot and cold so I'm guessing that's based on experience. But that doesn't mean he's had run ins with coaching staff nor have I read anywhere that he's had any problems with the coaching staff.

Zweems56
10-17-2011, 08:32 AM

It's completely bunk.
http://www.performanceboats.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=130089&d=1314897020&thumb=1

Cugel
10-17-2011, 08:33 AM
I don’t expect the Broncos to pull the trigger on a decision before Tuesday, but if they do, they need to make it as soon as possible before Cincinnati wises up and decides to trade Palmer.

That's like saying "we need to hurry up before Rip Van Winkle wakes from his slumber!" :laugh:

Cugel
10-17-2011, 08:40 AM
We really should have known that the trade rumors were not true from the start.Orton is making $9 million to sit on the bench and look pretty on the sidelines. If he gets traded, he will have to take a pay cut. Why on earth would anyone take a drastic reduction in salary from $9 million where they don't even have to go put their body on the line? This is the most money Orton is going to make for one year in his entire career. He'll be our primary backup for the rest of the year ahead of Brady Quinn.

From today's Denver Post:

The Broncos are also expected to monitor whether freshly demoted quarterback Kyle Orton draws interest from the Oakland Raiders (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19128213)after they lost starter Jason Campbell for an extended period. Campbell suffered a broken collarbone in the Raiders' 24-17 win against the Cleveland Browns​.

Although the Raiders are their most-heated rival in the AFC West, the Broncos would be willing to give up Orton in return for a draft pick and relief from the estimated $5 million left on his salary.

vandammage13
10-17-2011, 08:50 AM

Why is Eddie Royal still considered one of the Broncos biggest playmakers? He hasn't done anything for us since Shanny's last year.

Hell, even Knowshon has done more for us over the last 2 years than Eddie has to be considered a playmaker.

vettesplus
10-17-2011, 09:09 AM
One big effing mess...

Tebow comes in and gives the offense a spark and now the captain and our biggest play maker start acting like bitches.

Like I said in another thread, I hope somehow Orton goes to Oakland. I would love Denver to be on the other side of one of his pick sixes.

if he booted you why are you still posting his pic on your page:confused:

underrated29
10-17-2011, 09:31 AM
Mayne its been posted maybe not......

Royal is not being a cancer because Tebow is starting/ orton git pulled...

Eddie requested a trade because he is not getting any looks. He is withering away with Kyle at qb. Not because our scheme is ultra conseravitive but because he is getting nothing in terms of looks and balls.

Zweems56
10-17-2011, 09:41 AM
One big effing mess...

Just out of curiosity, why would you tell off Royal? He's basically the nicest guy on this team short of Tebow.

TXBRONC
10-17-2011, 09:42 AM
It's completely bunk.
http://www.performanceboats.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=130089&d=1314897020&thumb=1

Vic and Gary touched on this being bunk. One of them asked the question if Orton's wife who was close to giving birth at the end of July was willing to be traded why would be such a problem now since she's already given birth?

Now that doesn't mean he's renewed his request to be treated.

MOtorboat
10-17-2011, 09:48 AM
Vic and Gary touched on this being bunk. One of them asked the question if Orton's wife who was close to giving birth at the end of July was willing to be traded why would be such a problem now since she's already given birth?

My guess is, they probably like Denver, as a number of athletes do, and if he's traded, it may just be for a few months, and then off to free agency. That probably means they wouldn't move to wherever it is he's traded until its more permanent, and he wants to be near his child...just my guess.

Also a note on the author of the article in the OP. He also writes hard hitting stories such as "Epic Rap Battles of History 14 – Christopher Columbus vs Captain Kirk."

No more bleecher report (or similar products) please...

Nomad
10-17-2011, 09:50 AM

Having a newborn doesn't affect moving....they're just along for the ride. I would buy into this if the child had to move schools during the school year, then again my kids have done that every time we've moved and adjusted fine.

Dreadnought
10-17-2011, 09:57 AM

Agreed totally. I also don't see Fox as necessarily "conservative." He is old school in that rather than using a short passing game to replace a running game he actually uses a running game. DelHomme and his WR's in Carolina had good to excellent yards per completion during their good years, esp. 2003 amd 2008. In other words, Fox isn't pass happy, but when he passes its for bigger payoff. Given that my own preference is always for a 2 WR, 2 TE set that runs 50% or more of the time I am, needless to say, thrilled. Now - the trick is to execute said offense.

TXBRONC
10-17-2011, 10:02 AM
My guess is, they probably like Denver, as a number of athletes do, and if he's traded, it may just be for a few months, and then off to free agency. That probably means they wouldn't move to wherever it is he's traded until its more permanent, and he wants to be near his child...just my guess.

Also a note on the author of the article in the OP. He also writes hard hitting stories such as "Epic Rap Battles of History 14 – Christopher Columbus vs Captain Kirk."

No more bleecher report (or similar products) please...

There is nothing that says he would have to leave his wife and child in Denver.

slim
10-17-2011, 10:03 AM
For the record, Klis has reported that both Lloyd and Royal requested trades before Orton got benched...so let's maybe not suggest the trades were requested because of the QB change.

MOtorboat
10-17-2011, 10:09 AM
There is nothing that says he would have to leave his wife and child in Denver.

Maybe his wife likes Denver.
:D

Nomad
10-17-2011, 10:13 AM

Sucks for her because the days/months are limited unless Orton retires and stays:lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-17-2011, 10:16 AM
For the record, Klis has reported that both Lloyd and Royal requested trades before Orton got benched...so let's maybe not suggest the trades were requested because of the QB change.

Are all these trade requests Tim Tebow-related? It was in Orton's case back in July. But the agents for Lloyd and Royal made their intentions known before John Fox benched Orton for Tebow last week.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19126114

DenBronx
10-17-2011, 10:41 AM

Maybe his wife is a better QB.

Dreadnought
10-17-2011, 10:43 AM
Broncos receiver Brandon Lloyd was told he did not have to report to the team's facility today at Dove Valley, an indication a trade is near.

The Rams need help as they are 0-5 and have the NFL's lowest scoring offense.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19131036

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Lowest scoring offense...

Forgive me if I point and laugh some

Northman
10-17-2011, 10:45 AM
Broncos receiver Brandon Lloyd was told he did not have to report to the team's facility today at Dove Valley, an indication a trade is near.

I cant high five this enough.

Ravage!!!
10-17-2011, 10:49 AM

McD is still :confused: It was sooo easy in NE with Brady and Moss, whats going wrong in Denver and St. Louis??? :confused: :lol:

Northman
10-17-2011, 10:50 AM
McD is still :confused: It was sooo easy in NE with Brady and Moss, whats going wrong in Denver and St. Louis??? :confused: :lol:

Have you seen him on the sidelines yet? Still has that lost blank stare while looking at his play sheet. :lol:

Ravage!!!
10-17-2011, 10:51 AM
Have you seen him on the sidelines yet? Still has that lost blank stare while looking at his play sheet. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Ravage!!!
10-17-2011, 10:51 AM

He's still trying to find the "deep to moss" play on the play card.

hotcarl
10-17-2011, 10:52 AM
Lloyd to the Rams

vandammage13
10-17-2011, 10:52 AM

He'll be out of the league in 1 more year.

DenBronx
10-17-2011, 10:53 AM
if he booted you why are you still posting his pic on your page:confused:

I meant to do it last night but was too lazy.

Better?

jhildebrand
10-17-2011, 11:22 AM
But you do realize that if the guy is simply making mistakes, doesn't know his assignments, and isn't getting the job done that its HURTING the other players on the field...right? Simply throwing guys out there and using the games as nothing more than practice for anyone thats a back-up is NOT the approach we want this team to start taking. That would be making a mockery of everyone out there.

Making mistakes is ok. Not knowing assignments consistently or proving to be just plain dumb, not Hillis dumb mind you, but actually dumb, then the team is better off for having done that. They can realize their mistake and move on!

dunk7
10-17-2011, 11:25 AM

Don't laugh, there was a lot of people on this forum that said McDouche would be an awesome OC after the Broncos canned him...I was not one of them :cool:

BroncoAV06
10-17-2011, 11:26 AM
broncos_sacco Jim Saccomano
Last nite a natl news organization, no names mentioned, but has "The" and "News" in masthead, ran erroreous story re Broncos player... #fb
...When informed by Broncos PR of complete inaccuracy of story, they removed it, but did not make any effort to correct damage. Nice... #fb
...Broncos PR was left to inform the player and call multiple news outlets to correct work of a reckless "journalist." #fb

I wonder if he is talking about his Orton report.

BroncoBully
10-17-2011, 11:41 AM
Orton doesn't have a running game to work with? hasn't willis ran for 100 yards in like 4 games this year?

get this chump out of here, thats when we will start rebuilding. when the 3rd string quality qb orton is gone.

T.K.O.
10-17-2011, 11:50 AM
i just read an article that said Orton told the F.O. that din NOT want to be traded ?

"“Although the Raiders are their most-heated rival in the AFC West, the Broncos would be willing to give up Orton in return for a draft pick and relief from the estimated $5 million left on his salary,” Klis wrote.

Orton made it clear Sunday night that he does not want to be traded following the birth of his newborn daughter. "
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/17/broncos-would-deal-orton-to-the-raiders/

Juriga72
10-17-2011, 12:27 PM
Read-
"I'd rather sit on my arse...collecting 9 million than have to try somewhere else to win games"

nice...

Cugel
10-17-2011, 12:36 PM
Sitting on his butt isn't going to help him get a big FA contract next season. He knows that. It's just that the prospects of his going to a team that's any better than the Broncos isn't great. So, he'd wind up looking bad on 2 teams in one season.

That wouldn't help his chances at all. So, he's better off sitting on the bench and having his agent argue that he couldn't succeed because the Broncos have a terrible offensive team.

Of course if Tebow lights it up that argument will go out the window, but it's the best he's got. :coffee:

BroncoStud
10-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Who cares what Orton wants. We didn't want to watch him play QB for the Broncos for 2 + years. If he can fetch even a 7th rounder, pull the trigger.

MileHighCrew
10-17-2011, 12:44 PM
Who cares what Orton wants. We didn't want to watch him play QB for the Broncos for 2 + years. If he can fetch even a 7th rounder, pull the trigger.

If they get a 7th rounder in the 2013 draft I would be happy

DenBronx
10-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Kyle Orton: Broncos would've taken 7th-rounder for Orton

According to Mike Klis of the Denver Post, the Broncos would have accepted a seventh-round pick in return for Kyle Orton at the trade deadline.
It's hardly a surprise that no team stepped up to take on the roughly $5 million left on Orton's 2011 salary. He would have been tasked with learning a new offense, minimizing his impact on any team the rest of the way. An impending free agent, Orton will not be back in Denver in 2012.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=3214&line=217247&spln=1

Dzone
10-21-2011, 07:57 PM
Every one of the 32 starting QBs in the league are better than Orton. He is that bad.

lgenf
10-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Kyle will be lucky to make 2 mil next year as a back up anywhere

DenBronx
10-21-2011, 09:04 PM
I sort of feel bad for the guy because I think he wanted to do well this year. Unfortunately yes, he's that bad. I don't see him getting a job anywhere.

The irony is it was reported that Mia was willing to deal their #2 pick. So far it looks like they will win the race for the #1 pick overall, so the #2 would have been the 33rd pick overall and that would have really helped us out. All he really had to do was agree to a fair contract with the Dolphins.

LUCKy for them they didnt do it and BAD for us Orton didnt agree to it.

Juriga72
10-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Even Jake Plummer is jealous of Kyle right now

JaxBroncoGirl
10-21-2011, 10:46 PM
It is no secret that I love Tebow, watching every year he has played....Never liked Orton due to his attitude and his poor leadership on the field. I kinda wish he would have taken the Miami job because of his family. Hope he does well, I just do not see him as a starting QB and the fact He thinks he is a starting QB makes me like him even less. Go Broncos....

I can take losing, just not with Orton...I know it sounds bad, but it is the truth. I would rather see Tebow struggle with a great attitude than to watch Orton play again.

BroncoStud
10-21-2011, 11:57 PM
Every one of the 32 starting QBs in the league are better than Orton. He is that bad.

You were a big Orton guy when the media propped him up in Preseason. :laugh:

Hook, line, and sinker Dzone. :laugh:

I'm glad you came back to your senses.

BroncoStud
10-22-2011, 12:01 AM
I sort of feel bad for the guy because I think he wanted to do well this year. Unfortunately yes, he's that bad. I don't see him getting a job anywhere.

The irony is it was reported that Mia was willing to deal their #2 pick. So far it looks like they will win the race for the #1 pick overall, so the #2 would have been the 33rd pick overall and that would have really helped us out. All he really had to do was agree to a fair contract with the Dolphins.

LUCKy for them they didnt do it and BAD for us Orton didnt agree to it.

I don't feel sorry for him at all. He's a talent-less hack who NEVER would have started 1 NFL game had Grossman not had freak injuries. Chicago figured out that he wasn't good and dealt him giving up a King's ransom for Cutler, and they STILL won the trade.

Only Josh McDaniels was stupid enough to trade for Orton. He got paid $9 MILLION this year to lose the Broncos games and suck like a champ.

Juriga72
10-22-2011, 08:53 AM
I don't feel sorry for him at all. He's a talent-less hack who NEVER would have started 1 NFL game had Grossman not had freak injuries. Chicago figured out that he wasn't good and dealt him giving up a King's ransom for Cutler, and they STILL won the trade.

Only Josh McDaniels was stupid enough to trade for Orton. He got paid $9 MILLION this year to lose the Broncos games and suck like a champ.

Ever since the Baltimore game in 09.... Orton has been had, and he NEVER once changed his ways.

Locking onto one wideout for every pass, throwing underneath everything.... making the safe play instead of the NFL play. How can you fold each and every time you get a chance?...meh.. good riddance

silkamilkamonico
10-22-2011, 09:08 AM

I think if you roled Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow into one, Denver would still have the 32nd best Qb in the NFL.

Sorry sorry state the Denver organization is in right now.

Shazam!
10-22-2011, 09:33 AM
I will not feel bad for KO.

HOWEVER...

When all you hear is TEBOW TEBOW TEBOW TEBOW...

You're destined to fail.

It doesn't matter he never was the answer anyway.

Mediocre starter or good backup QB at best.

Cugel
10-22-2011, 11:36 AM

That's just nonsense. He will get a chance to win the starting job somewhere else next year. This year was just difficult because of the lockout that wiped out FA and the June camps. That's when teams were making their FA decisions. Unfortunately, the Broncos held onto Orton till August and were demanding too much for him.

I never wanted Orton and never believed in him from the beginning of the Cutler fiasco, so I feel strange defending him. But all you former "Orton's Army! McDaniels is so Great!" people are always wrong.

You were wrong to support McMoron when he traded Cutler. You were wrong to argue that "Orton is better than Cry-baby Cutler! Good riddance!" You were WRONG when the team was 6-0 and you were all saying McDaniels is GREAT!" You were WRONG when you turned on Orton for dashing your ridiculous fantasies about this team.

You're wrong now trashing him as the reason everything went wrong on the Broncos the last 2 years.

It's like you people never learn and never get the right message. Orton was mediocre, not horrible but mediocre from the beginning. McDaniels was horrible from the beginning. Cutler was and is a superior QB who has been proving that the last 2 years and is proving it again this year despite being pounded every game due to his horrible OL.

And McMoron totally destroyed this team, made the worst draft and trade decisions of any GM in the last 30 years, and left a burning shell of a franchise when he left town.

He is now driving the Rams offense right into the ground, they are dead LAST in the NFL, and will be FIRED again next year.

Orton was never as good as you people believed and is not as bad as you think now! :coffee:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-22-2011, 11:42 AM
MikeKlis Mike Klis
Kyle orton has NOT Requestf a trade - in fact w newborn daughter he does not want trade
16 Oct

http://twitter.com/#!/MikeKlis

TXBRONC
10-22-2011, 11:56 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/MikeKlis

I don't know if you've heard this but when Royal said the same thing about not requesting a trade some local sports media suggested that it maybe very well true Eddie himself didn't request the trade but that doesn't mean his agent didn't make the request. The same could be said for Orton as well.

Also some in the local have said if Orton doesn't want to be traded because of newborn daughter then why was he ok with being traded to Miami back in July when his wife was only three weeks away from giving birth?

MOtorboat
10-22-2011, 12:23 PM
I don't know if you've heard this but when Royal said the same thing about not requesting a trade some local sports media suggested that it maybe very well true Eddie himself didn't request the trade but that doesn't mean his agent didn't make the request. The same could be said for Orton as well.

Also some in the local have said if Orton doesn't want to be traded because of newborn daughter then why was he ok with being traded to Miami back in July when his wife was only three weeks away from giving birth?

My guess....because that trade involved a long-term contract for hiim.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-22-2011, 12:27 PM

After a Sunday night report that Kyle Orton asked the Denver Broncos for a trade, that story has turned out to be false. Broncos public relations informed the news organization that the report was untrue and had it removed from the story. However, the PR department had to inform Orton of the erroneous report and call other media outlets to correct the mistake.

http://denver.sbnation.com/denver-broncos/2011/10/17/2495903/broncos-trade-rumors-kyle-orton

Denver Native (Carol)
10-22-2011, 12:33 PM
In regards to Royal:

@VicLombardi Vic Lombardi
Why on earth would Eddie Royal request a trade? Not sure if I'm buying that one.

http://twitter.com/#!/VicLombardi/statuses/125773318384140289

Of course, this is just Vic's opinion.

JaxBroncoGirl
10-22-2011, 04:08 PM
I think if you roled Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow into one, Denver would still have the 32nd best Qb in the NFL.

Sorry sorry state the Denver organization is in right now.

This is what I do not understand about your statement, assuming Tebow is a bust without him even playing. You put him in the same role up as Orton. I just do not get it. :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-22-2011, 04:38 PM
This is what I do not understand about your statement, assuming Tebow is a bust without him even playing. You put him in the same role up as Orton. I just do not get it. :salute:

Totally agree - let's see what TT does first - BEFORE judging him.

TXBRONC
10-22-2011, 10:47 PM
http://denver.sbnation.com/denver-broncos/2011/10/17/2495903/broncos-trade-rumors-kyle-orton

This doesn't disprove what I said. It may be true that they personally didn't go into Elway's office ask to be traded. It doesn't mean that their respective agents didn't talk with Elway.

Canmore
10-22-2011, 11:19 PM
This doesn't disprove what I said. It may be true that they personally didn't go into Elway's office ask to be traded. It doesn't mean that their respective agents didn't talk with Elway.

Where there is smoke there usually is fire. I find it hard to believe there were not trade questions asked. I believe like you do that there agents asked for a trade. I hope that they are happy in Denver for the rest of the season.

TXBRONC
10-23-2011, 07:39 AM
Where there is smoke there usually is fire. I find it hard to believe there were not trade questions asked. I believe like you do that there agents asked for a trade. I hope that they are happy in Denver for the rest of the season.

Whether Orton himself asked for a trade or not doesn't matter to me. I do however find the reasoning kind of strange.