PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade Orton to the Raiders (or another division rival)?

Agent of Orange
10-16-2011, 06:02 PM
poll to come

In case you didn't know, this thread was prompted by Jason Campbell going down to a broken collarbone. The Raiders have Boller so it won't likely happen. But hypothetically, would you do it?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-16-2011, 06:07 PM
Send him to the Raiders....he'd be the least of our worries over there anyway. Since we haven't beaten them in 3 years it's not like it would lessen our chances.

Somehow I suspect there's not much of a market for him.

Northman
10-16-2011, 06:17 PM
Not enough options. I wouldnt trade Orton to Oakland but it would have nothing to do with being wrong about Orton. Its just that Orton would be in a much better situation to utilize what little skills he has. But to have him go to Oakland, have Denver go in and beat us would be a double embarrassment.

spikerman
10-16-2011, 06:19 PM
Not enough options. I wouldnt trade Orton to Oakland but it would have nothing to do with being wrong about Orton. Its just that Orton would be in a much better situation to utilize what little skills he has. But to have him go to Oakland, have Denver go in and beat us would be a double embarrassment.

That wouldn't bother me. Oakland appears to have a much more talented roster anyway. Orton winning with the Raiders against the Broncos would hardly be a surprise and if Denver could use whatever the Raiders sent back this way then I wouldn't even hesitate.

It is very rare, though, to see a starting or potential starting QB traded during the season.

Northman
10-16-2011, 06:21 PM
That wouldn't bother me. Oakland appears to have a much more talented roster anyway. Orton winning with the Raiders against the Broncos would hardly be a surprise and if Denver could use whatever the Raiders sent back this way then I wouldn't even hesitate.

It is very rare, though, to see a starting or potential starting QB traded during the season.

Oakland wouldnt give up that much for him anyway, and as Carol pointed out they have Pryor there who brings more to the table than Kyle.

spikerman
10-16-2011, 06:24 PM
Oakland wouldnt give up that much for him anyway, and as Carol pointed out they have Pryor there who brings more to the table than Kyle.

Yeah, no doubt about them not giving up too much. I'm not a big believer in Pryor though. It's just fun to speculate, but I did find it interesting that apparently Lechler was the 3rd string QB today.

Lancane
10-16-2011, 06:36 PM
Without a second thought, hell...I'd even pay for his moving expenses! :salute:

Medford Bronco
10-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Yes.

So we can pick him off in crunch time.

Kyle Boller is their QB. Even Orton is better than that stiff.

OrangeHoof
10-16-2011, 07:15 PM
I don't like any of the answers, so I'm not voting. Sure, I'd trade him to the Raiders because he's not that good a QB to make the Raiders great but probably won't sink their season either. He's a "caretaker" QB, nothing more and nothing less.

If we get back a useful part like a d-lineman or a 3rd-rounder for next year, I'd be okay with that.

gnomeflinger
10-16-2011, 07:22 PM
I don't really care where Orton goes.

chazoe60
10-16-2011, 07:26 PM
I would love for Orton to be a Raider.

DenBronx
10-16-2011, 08:16 PM
I too woul love Orton to be a raider so we could smash his face twice a year. I just want him off our team but would love to see him ruin the silver and black. Most of my raider friends would riot though because they know how bad he is.

Seriously though, if we could just unload him for free to them then that would be great.

Nomad
10-16-2011, 08:27 PM
I believe Orton would succeed in Oakland and unless we get good compensation regret the trade. So not to take the chance, I would rather see him traded out of the division.

jhildebrand
10-16-2011, 08:50 PM
At this point, after giving picks away like candy at a parade during the McDaniels era, I would trade Orton and anybody else they deem not part of the plan for picks!

I Eat Staples
10-16-2011, 08:58 PM
The Raiders have a good defense and running game, Orton would thrive there. He's better than Campbell.

chazoe60
10-16-2011, 09:02 PM
The Raiders have a good defense and running game, Orton would thrive there. He's better than Campbell.

I think that theory about Orton is kind of flawed. A good defense and running game make for close games and there may not be a worse QB in the NFL at the end of close games.

Orton is what many of us have been saying since he came here, he's a backup QB. If your franchise is starting Orton you are in trouble.

Nomad
10-16-2011, 09:12 PM
I think that theory about Orton is kind of flawed. A good defense and running game make for close games and there may not be a worse QB in the NFL at the end of close games.

Orton is what many of us have been saying since he came here, he's a backup QB. If your franchise is starting Orton you are in trouble.

Well, I wouldn't want to find out if it benefits him. No one is saying he'll be all pro but I believe he'd succeed with a team like the Raiders. He definitely is no good if trying to build a team around him.

Bosco
10-16-2011, 11:23 PM
How about "neither" because unless he ends up with another superior offensive coach, he would never start again anyway?

Ravage!!!
10-16-2011, 11:31 PM
I don't think Orton is better than Campbell at all. They are basically the same QB except Campbell has better feet.

I Eat Staples
10-16-2011, 11:59 PM
I don't think Orton is better than Campbell at all. They are basically the same QB except Campbell has better feet.

Campbell's accuracy and decision making aren't very good. He probably has a stronger arm than Orton though.

Ravage!!!
10-17-2011, 12:07 AM
Campbell's accuracy and decision making aren't very good. He probably has a stronger arm than Orton though.

I think statistically they are nearly Identical. I just don't see any differences in the two other than the fact that Campbell can run.

DenBronx
10-17-2011, 01:58 AM
I wonder if the raiders would consider our 3rd and 5th plus Ortonary for their 1st?

The dont have a 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th round draft pick next year. This would at least get them a couple more picks and a QB but in return give Denver a shot at a true starter in the 1st.

We then trade Royal or Llyod for a 3rd or 4th.

Lancane
10-17-2011, 02:48 AM
How about a straight trade, Kyle Orton for Michael Bush no picks.

BroncoTech
10-17-2011, 06:06 AM
Send him anywhere, he's the 29th ranked QB out of 33. Campbell was rank 18. That's 11 slots better and just below Cutler, Rivers and Vick. Orton is ranked closer to Rex Grossman, also benched.

The next stop for Kyle is retirement.

All during the 60's we had terrible teams and terrible QBs. Our first QB to break a QB rating of 50 had a 40% completion rate, 6 TD and 15 INT. I think our Punter/WR Billy Van Hussen tried 3 passes and completed 1, and has as high of a QB rating as anybody from those years. Somehow we managed more wins than last year every season for longer than a decade. I don't miss those QBs like Tensi and McCormick and I wont miss Orton either.

FlyByU
10-17-2011, 06:12 AM
I was torn between the 2 yes answers and went with the 2nd one because it is the same as the first one as well. Both ways Orton would give us the best chance to win against them and it would be the best thing for the Broncos as a Team right now.

MileHighCrew
10-17-2011, 07:15 AM
IMO Orton never acted liked a Bronco anyway. Might as well send him to Oakland where he would fit in better

UnderArmour
10-17-2011, 07:24 AM
More than likely, they'll wind up getting David Garrard. It doesn't make sense for a ground and pound team to trade for the league interception leader.

threefolddead
10-17-2011, 07:30 AM
The Raiders are lookin!
cecillammey Cecil Lammey
sources tell me #raiders are making a power move to try and acquire QB Carson Palmer from the #bengals ... we'll see if it happens!
NFLJAKESIEGEL
BREAKING NFL UPDATE - Oakland Raiders have contacted Al Irby Agent for QB David Garrard, source reports Garrard Raiders top priority.

Davii
10-17-2011, 08:16 AM
The Raiders are lookin!
cecillammey Cecil Lammey
sources tell me #raiders are making a power move to try and acquire QB Carson Palmer from the #bengals ... we'll see if it happens!
NFLJAKESIEGEL
BREAKING NFL UPDATE - Oakland Raiders have contacted Al Irby Agent for QB David Garrard, source reports Garrard Raiders top priority.

Palmer would definitely be a better option than Orton. KO generated nearly no interest when teams had time to work with him, why would he now?

The teams currently hurting at qb probably have a better option on the bench, one that at least somewhat knows the offense.

Cugel
10-17-2011, 08:22 AM

I don't expect this to happen either, but Orton would be ideally suited for Oakland, a team that has a very good offensive line, and a great defense plus a good running game.

All the Tebowniacs who hate Orton refuse to see that he's MEDIOCRE, not horrible. That means that he isn't going to make a really BAD team better, but he can lead a GOOD team to victories.

If he was the starting QB in Oakland he'd do well. He's great at the play-action pass and they have Darren McFadden plus the league's most powerful running attack. He's a game manager who makes sound decisions (at least when he's not got massive pressure in his face and having to lead the team back from 15 points down).

He has many flaws, the worst of which seems to be in the minds of many Tebowniacs that he was standing in the way of the anointed one. :coffee:

TXBRONC
10-17-2011, 08:24 AM
poll to come

In case you didn't know, this thread was prompted by Jason Campbell going down to a broken collarbone. The Raiders have Boller so it won't likely happen. But hypothetically, would you do it?

There is another reason not to trade Orton to Oakland. They have very little in way of picks.

Cugel
10-17-2011, 08:28 AM
Send him anywhere, he's the 29th ranked QB out of 33. Campbell was rank 18. That's 11 slots better and just below Cutler, Rivers and Vick. Orton is ranked closer to Rex Grossman, also benched.

The next stop for Kyle is retirement.

I was kind of down about the fact that it's starting another work week, but this made me laugh! Thanks! :beer:

Retirement? Another Tebowhead with no grip on reality. Yes Orton is REALLY BAD on a REALLY BAD team. He can't make a bunch of stiffs look good like Peyton Manning can.

But, he's a perfectly good game manager for a GOOD team.

He's really the second coming of Brian Griese, who after all played for about 12 years in the NFL. Kyle's going on 9, and you don't stick around that long unless you have some talent and he does.

I think all the Orton haters are going to have a wakeup call if he gets traded to a good team either this year or next. He'll probably have a lot higher QB rating than Tebow, and with a good team behind him he can win a lot of games.

We actually saw this in the first 6 games of 2009 when the Broncos were playing well around him. You'd think all the former "Orton's Army" would remember that! :coffee:

chazoe60
10-17-2011, 08:42 AM
Hey Cugel, just because someone doesn't like Kyle being the starter does not mean they are a "Tebowmaniac". Quit lumping everyone together. Some of us just don't like seeing a backup start for us for 2+ years.

BroncoBully
10-17-2011, 11:48 AM
I would give a 4th and orton to anyone just to get rid of him.

T.K.O.
10-17-2011, 11:52 AM
if the Broncos are'nt good enough to beat a div. rival with Orton at the helm.
they will still have bigger problems than QB to worry about.:salute:

Juriga72
10-17-2011, 12:25 PM
if the Broncos are'nt good enough to beat a div. rival with Orton at the helm.
they will still have bigger problems than QB to worry about.:salute:

Well.... KC San Diego AND Oakland loved his pick sixes he threw....LOL