PDA

View Full Version : To all Chargers... I freaking hate you, but love you too.

underrated29
12-27-2008, 11:38 AM
No this is not smack. I really do hate the chargers. I dont like anything about them really.

But from all of that, they give us a RIVAL. Its about time we had a good rivalry going on dont you think?

I would bet all (bolts, and broncos) fans would agree that a good AFCW rivalry has been missing for a while. But with all the trash talking and heat going back and forth between our two young QBs its really making things much more fun.

Brandon Marshall was quoted whilst in the commish office that he wanted to win the big dance and beat the chargers. (this was before the season started).

You can tell that its on the minds of both teams.

So San Diego, you stay classy and let the rivalry brew some more.

weazel
12-27-2008, 08:42 PM
the Chargers are not a rival...

the raiders are a rival.
the chiefs are a rival.

San Diego has been to shitty a team for too many years to consider them a rival. It may be ignorant to say, but its true. You have to have a vested interest in the game for them to be a rival, and I can guarantee you that 99% of Broncos fans do not see the Chargers as big an enemy as the chiefs or the raiders. Heck I would say that Green Bay is a bigger rival than the hapless chargers.

CutlerzPoutyFace
12-27-2008, 10:16 PM
Ah!!!

Finally an adversary with some pizazz.

It is nice also for us Chargers' Fans to finally have an opponent in our division that throws a challenge.

Whatever happens tomorrow, it behooves either team to take it to the playoffs so we can get some respect back to the AFC West.

CutlerzPoutyFace
12-27-2008, 10:34 PM
hey weazel...

are you saying that chiefs and raiders are a big rival cause they blew you out this year?

i'd be worrying more about the chargers tomorrow.

p.s. you are a freaking typical denver fan in denial. we took the division away from you two years running now. YOU were not a rival...

underrated29
12-27-2008, 11:24 PM
to be fair, the raiders and chefs are normally the biggest rivals.

But they have fallen off the log the last few years, and now literally just blow. I like teams and games that have a lot of heat and not quite hatred (but close) towards one another...

You guys have been that team to replace the faid and the chef.

Please san diego, if we beat you tomorrow, please leave us with a healthy RB

weazel
12-28-2008, 12:44 AM
hey weazel...

are you saying that chiefs and raiders are a big rival cause they blew you out this year?

i'd be worrying more about the chargers tomorrow.

p.s. you are a freaking typical denver fan in denial. we took the division away from you two years running now. YOU were not a rival...

doesnt matter who is winning more in a particular season... the Raiders will always be the Broncos biggest rival. The Chargers just are not, sorry if that offends you. It is nice that you guys have finally found yourself a decent team though. Its nice to see the Chargers do well once every 20 years. :beer:

Devilspawn
12-28-2008, 12:59 AM
It has to be the Chargers now for the Broncos. There's too much jawing between the players via the media to just call this a contest. All we're missing is some good ol fisticuffs that made the Raiders-Chiefs one of sports' greatest rivalries. Right now, the West's best rivalry, headlined by the franchise QB's mutual hatred for each other and the teams' hatred for the opposing QB, is Denver-San Diego. And from the looks of it, it'll be that way until one of them is gone from the team.

But during the actual game played and the week leading up to it, it's Oakland. I could literally taste the salty tears after watching the Royal butt whooping a month back just as the laughter was deafening Week 1. Not the same pasisonate reaction after the Chargers game, even if they were the team to beat at the time. Shanahan has the history with Al Davis and Denver has hated us every year since the mid-60s. If Oakland gets back into it, they'll leapfrog because destroying Al Davis is like a fetish to all of you. It takes more than 6 years of futility to erase that and anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial.

Midnight Blue
12-28-2008, 01:57 AM

the raiders are a rival.
the chiefs are a rival.

San Diego has been to shitty a team for too many years to consider them a rival. It may be ignorant to say, but its true. You have to have a vested interest in the game for them to be a rival, and I can guarantee you that 99% of Broncos fans do not see the Chargers as big an enemy as the chiefs or the raiders. Heck I would say that Green Bay is a bigger rival than the hapless chargers.

Actually Seattle was more competitive than San Diego.

JONtheBRONCO
12-28-2008, 01:46 PM
What?

Slick
12-28-2008, 01:56 PM
It has to be the Chargers now for the Broncos. There's too much jawing between the players via the media to just call this a contest. All we're missing is some good ol fisticuffs that made the Raiders-Chiefs one of sports' greatest rivalries. Right now, the West's best rivalry, headlined by the franchise QB's mutual hatred for each other and the teams' hatred for the opposing QB, is Denver-San Diego. And from the looks of it, it'll be that way until one of them is gone from the team.

But during the actual game played and the week leading up to it, it's Oakland. I could literally taste the salty tears after watching the Royal butt whooping a month back just as the laughter was deafening Week 1. Not the same pasisonate reaction after the Chargers game, even if they were the team to beat at the time. Shanahan has the history with Al Davis and Denver has hated us every year since the mid-60s. If Oakland gets back into it, they'll leapfrog because destroying Al Davis is like a fetish to all of you. It takes more than 6 years of futility to erase that and anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial.

I agree. When I was still in the States, I used to go home every year for the Raider game, and it was usually a Monday nighter. There were special chain link temporary jails for the drunk idiots that got in fights. There were so many arrests during that game, the police had to use zip ties instead of handcuffs.

The vibe in the stadium, and on the field was just different from other games.

The last Raider game I went to was the Trevor Price sack and forced fumble on Gannon in overtime, with Olandis Gary getting the TD for the win. What a glorious night.

To me, it's always the Raiders.

sanluis
12-28-2008, 02:12 PM
I understand that we are the current rival and Oakland and KC are the historical rival.

I also understand that every team in the AFCW is my rival.

And I also understand that records are out the window when we all play.

Because we are all rivals!!

And I enjoy every opportunity to kick your butts:D

broncobryce
12-28-2008, 02:28 PM
No this is not smack. I really do hate the chargers. I dont like anything about them really.

But from all of that, they give us a RIVAL. Its about time we had a good rivalry going on dont you think?

I would bet all (bolts, and broncos) fans would agree that a good AFCW rivalry has been missing for a while. But with all the trash talking and heat going back and forth between our two young QBs its really making things much more fun.

Brandon Marshall was quoted whilst in the commish office that he wanted to win the big dance and beat the chargers. (this was before the season started).

You can tell that its on the minds of both teams.

So San Diego, you stay classy and let the rivalry brew some more.

Me, I just hate em, period.:laugh:

weazel
12-28-2008, 09:42 PM
well, I was going to mention that Seattle was a bigger rival than San Diego, but I figured I was talking to a charger "fan", and he probably didnt watch the NFL when Seattle was in the AFC West. Most charger "fans" are bandwagon, and only watch when their team is doing well ...so once every twenty years.

pumpdoc
12-28-2008, 09:56 PM
well, I was going to mention that Seattle was a bigger rival than San Diego, but I figured I was talking to a charger "fan", and he probably didnt watch the NFL when Seattle was in the AFC West. Most charger "fans" are bandwagon, and only watch when their team is doing well ...so once every twenty years.

Yep the Seahawks had our # alright;)

pauld001
12-28-2008, 11:51 PM

the raiders are a rival.
the chiefs are a rival.

your right your really not a rival yet......and come to think of it wasn't us that just blew a 3 game lead in 3 games and got the crap beat out of yourselfs on national TV...when it was all on the line.....

weazel
12-29-2008, 10:42 PM
Yep the Seahawks had our # alright;)

hey pumpdoc, I notice your jersey is a NEW powder blue. You must have been a fan for a LONG, LONG time.

typical charger fan. I guess you'll hang around for a year or so, then we'll see you again in twenty years.

Its so typical, its hilarious. your stadium was empty for 20 years, until just recently. You wouldnt know that though, you didnt watch NFL until your life partner told you that the chargers were actually winning some games.

weazel
12-29-2008, 10:43 PM
your right your really not a rival yet......and come to think of it wasn't us that just blew a 3 game lead in 3 games and got the crap beat out of yourselfs on national TV...when it was all on the line.....

Like I said, its nice that the chargers can get a couple winning seasons every twenty years or so. Hope to see you again in twenty years.

pumpdoc
12-30-2008, 07:00 AM
hey pumpdoc, I notice your jersey is a NEW powder blue. You must have been a fan for a LONG, LONG time.

typical charger fan. I guess you'll hang around for a year or so, then we'll see you again in twenty years.

Its so typical, its hilarious. your stadium was empty for 20 years, until just recently. You wouldnt know that though, you didnt watch NFL until your life partner told you that the chargers were actually winning some games.

No 3 Xmas ago it's old style. Yeah I'm 52 and have followed them since 68-69 or so, so thanks I have been a fan a long time.:beer:

tboltzcali
12-30-2008, 04:23 PM
well, I was going to mention that Seattle was a bigger rival than San Diego, but I figured I was talking to a charger "fan", and he probably didnt watch the NFL when Seattle was in the AFC West. Most charger "fans" are bandwagon, and only watch when their team is doing well ...so once every twenty years.you could be right...but I watched the chargers when seattle had a running back named warner.....at this moment in time, we are denver's rivals whether you all like it or not. Heck, I hate you guys more than the lowly raiders....so thats givin you all props. I hope you all enjoyed your arse kickin....cuz i did!!! i was at week 2's game and put up with your fans in the stadium....now this is my payback...hahahahahaaaaa Cutler isnt what you all thought he was or is or gunna be.....see ya doinks next year!!!!

tboltzcali
12-30-2008, 04:25 PM

Its so typical, its hilarious. your stadium was empty for 20 years, until just recently. You wouldnt know that though, you didnt watch NFL until your life partner told you that the chargers were actually winning some games.By the way, we got new jerseys last year so im sure its new....how many jerseys do you have???? 1??? probably an Anthony Miller jersey!!

Medford Bronco
12-30-2008, 05:16 PM
By the way, we got new jerseys last year so im sure its new....how many jerseys do you have???? 1??? probably an Anthony Miller jersey!!

lol Anthony Miller jersey :lol:

Broncoboy
12-30-2008, 09:25 PM
excluding the 39-38 game.
No rivalry here.....utter domination.
Cutler is a Jeff George brewing.
Dat arm strong as there is....but is there anything else?

Broncoboy
12-30-2008, 10:02 PM
fifty two twenty one.....nuff said in 08.
First to blow a 3 game lead, first to count their chickens before they hatch, first to be watching us spank Peyton & da Colts.
Dat "d" needs it's 4th coordinator in four years....
We got you by the balls since 05 my friendly feline foes.
BroncoWorld is in distress over the recent beat-down.
Champ & bros. got nothin' left...Cutler won't last long enuf to create an Elway-type turnaround....he's outta Broncoworld in 2 years...like the last 3 QB's Shanny has tossed in there.
Blow up this mess & bring Maurice Clarett back. At least we know where to find him...
bye-bye Bronco-Billies!

weazel
12-31-2008, 01:52 AM
By the way, we got new jerseys last year so im sure its new....how many jerseys do you have???? 1??? probably an Anthony Miller jersey!!

LMAO, I admit you made me laugh with the Miller jersey thing... I actually do have a Javon Walker jersey. I have 5 jerseys. Mcaffrey, Walker, TD, Steve Watson, and Tom Jackson. The Tom Jackson is tiny, because Ive had it since I was 10 or so, and yes I still have it (somewhere).