PDA

View Full Version : Rams could be making a play for Brandon Lloyd

DenBronx
10-15-2011, 08:58 PM
With the Broncos dangling receiver Brandon Lloyd and the trade deadline coming in less than 72 hours, there’s talk in league circles that the Rams could make a play for the veteran wideout.

Making such a deal make sense is the fact that the Rams don’t have much at the receiver position. Making such a deal seem like a stretch is the reality that trading for Lloyd won’t do much to keep the 0-4 Rams from sliding to 0-7 over the next 15 days, via games against the Packers, Cowboys, and Saints.

But here’s where Lloyd could make a difference. Once the schedule softens, Lloyd could help the offense score points, which could help the Rams win enough games to avoid a postseason housecleaning.

Full article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/15/rams-could-be-making-a-play-for-brandon-lloyd/

getlynched47
10-15-2011, 09:01 PM
I'm sure McDaniels can pull some strings over there and get Spags to send us a 2nd round pick AND Sam Bradford for Brandon Lloyd. :salute:

Davii
10-15-2011, 09:05 PM
I'm sure McDaniels can pull some strings over there and get Spags to send us a 2nd round pick AND Sam Bradford for Brandon Lloyd. :salute:

I highly doubt we pull more than a 3 for Lloyd. Although if McD had anything to do with it they just might trade us the entire stadium.

DenBronx
10-16-2011, 07:15 AM
I highly doubt we pull more than a 3 for Lloyd. Although if McD had anything to do with it they just might trade us the entire stadium.

Hey, he owes the Broncos. If he even has a soul he will give us a 1st.

I'm suprised this hasnt got more attention because McD knows Llyod very well and Bradford is a young QB that could really use a WR like him.

TXBRONC
10-16-2011, 08:23 AM

As poorly as the Rams have played on offense I doubt McDaniels has much if any crediblity with Spagunolo.

spikerman
10-16-2011, 08:29 AM
Hey, he owes the Broncos. If he even has a soul he will give us a 1st.

I'm suprised this hasnt got more attention because McD knows Llyod very well and Bradford is a young QB that could really use a WR like him.

I have no doubt he has a soul, just like I have no doubt that he knows less about personnel management than the average fan.

claymore
10-16-2011, 09:05 AM
I dont think he has a soul. He had to of sold it. He is an effin moron, and makes every offense he touches worse. Yet, he is dubbed a genius? LMAO

Ravage!!!
10-16-2011, 09:06 AM
I dont think he has a soul. He had to of sold it. He is an effin moron, and makes every offense he touches worse. Yet, he is dubbed a genius? LMAO

I'm sure Bosco will tell you how much better the St. Louis offense is now, than before. Just give him the chance.. :lol:

BroncoStud
10-16-2011, 09:18 AM
If he had a smart front office then Lloyd would have been traded before the season began, not midseason when he is behind the 8-ball with any new team he goes to, were this their intention all along. It just makes no sense.

Tebow is going to need the help at this point.

broken12
10-16-2011, 09:19 AM
Fk it get Stephen jackson str8 up....lol..too bad mcdonals isnt in charge prob would go for it

broken12
10-16-2011, 09:45 AM
Hmmm no more royal treatment at taco bell

Ravage!!!
10-16-2011, 09:47 AM
If he had a smart front office then Lloyd would have been traded before the season began, not midseason when he is behind the 8-ball with any new team he goes to, were this their intention all along. It just makes no sense.

Tebow is going to need the help at this point.

When you are 0-0, that is when you think the FO would have been smart to trade away the biggest offensive threat on the team???

Agent of Orange
10-16-2011, 10:51 AM
I'm sure Bosco will tell you how much better the St. Louis offense is now, than before. Just give him the chance.. :lol:

Didn't know Bosco was another one of those guys. Good to know. That explains a lot.

BroncoStud
10-16-2011, 10:56 AM
When you are 0-0, that is when you think the FO would have been smart to trade away the biggest offensive threat on the team???

No, the front office knew THEN that Lloyd was a free agent in waiting and that this team wasn't winning a Super Bowl. They tried to trade Orton and if they intended to trade Lloyd why wait until the middle of the season? He has as much if not more value THEN, and he would have had time to learn a team's playbook. Now it's unlikely you're going to get much for him.

I don't think we should trade him at all. I think we should keep him. But if you were going to do it the offseason was the time, not right now.

Agent of Orange
10-16-2011, 10:57 AM
When you look at some of McDaniels acquisitions, you kind of have to wonder if he might be gay. At the combine, he probably asked Decker what he wears to bed at night.

Ravage!!!
10-16-2011, 10:59 AM
No, the front office knew THEN that Lloyd was a free agent in waiting and that this team wasn't winning a Super Bowl. They tried to trade Orton and if they intended to trade Lloyd why wait until the middle of the season? He has as much if not more value THEN, and he would have had time to learn a team's playbook. Now it's unlikely you're going to get much for him.

I don't think we should trade him at all. I think we should keep him. But if you were going to do it the offseason was the time, not right now.

Because the team is 0-0. No team wants to simply "admit" defeat when we have the same record as everyone else in the NFL. I'm guessing they wanted to give the offense the most they could with players that at least knew the offense. Now that its apparent we've moved on, its time to move on.

Not to mention, Lloyd is doing his best disappearing act again and showing just what we've seen from him prior to last season. I'm sure the coaches would have liked to see exactly what he would bring to the table, and if he could look as good as he did last year before making a decision to sign or trade.

Davii
10-16-2011, 01:46 PM
Lloyd will not get the contract he wants in Denver next year. Why keep him around knowing he plays elsewhere next year? Get something in return to help rebuild.

I like Lloyd, but I also don't think that deep threats are what Tim needs so much as big bodied possession receivers. He needs receivers with a nasty streak going across the middle and fighting defenders for the ball.

Agent of Orange
10-16-2011, 02:14 PM
Lloyd will not get the contract he wants in Denver next year. Why keep him around knowing he plays elsewhere next year? Get something in return to help rebuild.

I like Lloyd, but I also don't think that deep threats are what Tim needs so much as big bodied possession receivers. He needs receivers with a nasty streak going across the middle and fighting defenders for the ball.

Isnt it possible that Denver might get as much as a 3rd in a compensatory pick if they let Lloyd walk?

Davii
10-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Isnt it possible that Denver might get as much as a 3rd in a compensatory pick if they let Lloyd walk?

I don't think so. As far as I know he will be an unrestricted free agent, so no compensation due.

Klis is reporting that no team has offered more than a 7th round pick. Look for Lloyd to stay.

BroncoStud
10-16-2011, 04:42 PM
Because the team is 0-0. No team wants to simply "admit" defeat when we have the same record as everyone else in the NFL. I'm guessing they wanted to give the offense the most they could with players that at least knew the offense. Now that its apparent we've moved on, its time to move on.

Not to mention, Lloyd is doing his best disappearing act again and showing just what we've seen from him prior to last season. I'm sure the coaches would have liked to see exactly what he would bring to the table, and if he could look as good as he did last year before making a decision to sign or trade.

It isn't Lloyd's fault that Orton sucks and the system is weak. Lloyd sure didn't disappear last week when he kept the drive alive in the final minutes of that game with an incredible circus catch on the sideline that maybe 1% of active NFL WRs can make in-game.

Lloyd is a hell of a WR and I don't see the point in getting rid of him NOW when he had more value THEN. It's stupid and it's amateur. Keep him and give Tebow a shot. Last time I checked we aren't out of the AFC West race just yet. Is it time to admit defeat now? Were there people actually stupid enough to think Orton would lead us to contention THEN? Was Elway that stupid? Was Fox? I doubt it...

frauschieze
10-16-2011, 04:49 PM

Compensatory picks are awarded based on all free agents picked up and lost during the off season. We'd have to lose much better players than we sign overall, so the possibility of getting anything is slim. We simply don't have that much talent on the team overall and have too many holes to fill to think we'll be in that situation moreso than other teams.

Bosco
10-16-2011, 11:24 PM

That's a pretty absurd statement, even for you.

Juriga72
10-17-2011, 08:47 AM
How about... Llyod, Orton, Royal for Chris Long?.....:)