PDA

View Full Version : Percy Harvin to the Broncos for Orton?

Jagsbch
10-15-2011, 07:33 AM
Heard the rumor on Broncos Country MB from someone catching the news on the Radio. Something about Harvins wife being in town checking it out.

GEM
10-15-2011, 07:53 AM
More than likely if that were to happen it would not be for Orton. Orton killed his trade value by his play and the amount due on his contract.

Jagsbch
10-15-2011, 08:02 AM
Well it is time for Elway to strut his stuff. Looking forward to see what he is capable of.

Juriga72
10-15-2011, 08:30 AM
HOW do you trade possibly the WORST starting QB in Bronco history for anything more than a bucket full of spit?...
In LESS than a year Orton has been benched twice for a guy the entire Bronco front office has publicly stated "IS not ready for NFL football"

CrazyHorse
10-15-2011, 08:51 AM
I would even throw in Lloyd too.

elsid13
10-15-2011, 08:53 AM
Yet another interwebz rumor that makes no sense.

Agent of Orange
10-15-2011, 08:54 AM
More than likely if that were to happen it would not be for Orton. Orton killed his trade value by his play and the amount due on his contract.

But honestly, at this point, Orton could be a better option than McNabb at this point in his career. Before the offseason, the Vikings were a team that many thought Orton would be ideal for. When you talk about teams having the things Orton needs to be successful, the Vikings fit that. Maybe Minnesota is realizing McNabb was a mistake?

Having said that, I dont think it happens but I'd do backflips if it did. Id also throw in Brandon Lloyd for a 3rd or 4th.

BORDERLINE
10-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Orton might be a fit with the vikings. A.P runs all day Orton throws 22 times a game manages it. No pressure on him to make big plays. After the season ends he could end up there

elsid13
10-15-2011, 09:34 AM
Orton might be a fit with the vikings. A.P runs all day Orton throws 22 times a game manages it. No pressure on him to make big plays. After the season ends he could end up there

McNabb has two year deal and Ponder is sitting in the wing, Orton not signing there.

Northman
10-15-2011, 09:35 AM
Orton may be ideal for the Vikes but taking away Harvin is like taking away Desean Jackson from Philly. It would just make the Vikes worse all the way around. They are better off playing out the season and taking a QB in the draft next year. I agree with Gem, before this year Orton at least had some kind of trade value, now its virtually nothing.

Northman
10-15-2011, 09:36 AM
McNabb has two year deal and Ponder is sitting in the wing, Orton not signing there.

Yea, i forgot about Ponder. Even he is probably a better option for them at this point than Orton.

SmilinAssasSin27
10-15-2011, 09:37 AM
Where did Harvin play his college ball?

Just sayin...

Agent of Orange
10-15-2011, 09:40 AM

Which means what? These are non-guaranteed contracts.

Juriga72
10-15-2011, 09:41 AM
NO Team is going right now..."HEY!!!! Lets go get Orton!!!" He's getting dumped in 5 months to the proverbial scrap heap. Teams will give him a NFL vet min contract as a BACKUP..... no one NOT even Miami is looking at Kyle as anything more than a stop gap/backup/scrub....

Juriga72
10-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Which means what? These are non-guaranteed contracts.

Minny traded UP to get Ponder, and NO WAY will they sign/play Orton over a first round pick... Kinda like ...... US

Ravage!!!
10-15-2011, 09:44 AM
shocking to see this rumor mentioned by jags

Agent of Orange
10-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Orton may be ideal for the Vikes but taking away Harvin is like taking away Desean Jackson from Philly. It would just make the Vikes worse all the way around. They are better off playing out the season and taking a QB in the draft next year. I agree with Gem, before this year Orton at least had some kind of trade value, now its virtually nothing.

They're getting nothing out of Harvin now. He's been a huge FF bust. When people mention throwing in Brandon Lloyd, there's good reasoning behind that in that it would give Minnesota a #1 WR who would benefit from playing against defenses that focus on stopping Peterson.

Buff
10-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Black hole please - this insults our intelligence.

UnderArmour
10-15-2011, 09:49 AM
If we could get Harvin that would be amazing. I would give up a first or two seconds for the guy; he's a beast. The problem is that Fox ball doesn't seem like it like to be aggressive with the aerial game. This is definitely a pipe dream though; no way it happens.

Agent of Orange
10-15-2011, 09:56 AM
If we could get Harvin that would be amazing. I would give up a first or two seconds for the guy; he's a beast. The problem is that Fox ball doesn't seem like it like to be aggressive with the aerial game. This is definitely a pipe dream though; no way it happens.

Being a ground team doesnt preclude making use of someone like Harvin. It could be complimentary. If Denver is going to be devoted to running, Harvin could benefit from the defense crowding the LOS. There's value in the threat that Harvin provides

Northman
10-15-2011, 09:57 AM
They're getting nothing out of Harvin now. He's been a huge FF bust. When people mention throwing in Brandon Lloyd, there's good reasoning behind that in that it would give Minnesota a #1 WR who would benefit from playing against defenses that focus on stopping Peterson.

Yes and no. There not getting much from him in the receiving game because their QB play is terrible. But Harvin still gives them a weapon in the special teams dept so if they can fix the QB position i think they will be fine. I highly doubt that the NFL cares about the FF stuff.

Ravage!!!
10-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Yes and no. There not getting much from him in the receiving game because their QB play is terrible. But Harvin still gives them a weapon in the special teams dept so if they can fix the QB position i think they will be fine. I highly doubt that the NFL cares about the FF stuff.

Yeah. Its embarrassing that someone would use FF as a reason to trade someone away. Harvin is a bigger threat than Lloyd. He certainly didn't have the 'production' problems when the QB situation was better.

But hey.... if AoO is upset about his FF team, he should have done some research and realized that McNabb was going to be the QB. The bust was the FF owner on that one.

chazoe60
10-15-2011, 10:21 AM
I wonder if Det would give us Megatron for DJ?

Maybe we can send Tebow and Orton to GB for Rodgers?

Agent of Orange
10-15-2011, 10:49 AM

And thats the rub...because also not having a QB kind of means sacrificing a season. This is a team that is trying to get a new stadium. Is keeping Harvin worth sacrificing a season? I'm not saying you're wrong but it's kind of a tough choice.

Agent of Orange
10-15-2011, 10:53 AM
Yeah. Its embarrassing that someone would use FF as a reason to trade someone away. Harvin is a bigger threat than Lloyd. He certainly didn't have the 'production' problems when the QB situation was better.

But hey.... if AoO is upset about his FF team, he should have done some research and realized that McNabb was going to be the QB. The bust was the FF owner on that one.

No, what's embarrassing is your comprehension problems. I'm not even playing FF. I reference that because I know a lot of people do and its a measurable way of saying he hasn't been productive.

And since you just admitted that the QB situation might be paramount to keeping Harvin, it comes down to whether or not Orton is an upgrade over McNabb/Ponder and along with that whether or not its worth sacrificing a season in order to hold on to Harvin.

I'm not sure what they have in Ponder. They maybe don't know either.

Either way, you should really stop posting since you've made being wrong your lifes work.

Ravage!!!
10-15-2011, 11:15 AM
No, what's embarrassing is your comprehension problems. I'm not even playing FF. I reference that because I know a lot of people do and its a measurable way of saying he hasn't been productive.

And since you just admitted that the QB situation might be paramount to keeping Harvin, it comes down to whether or not Orton is an upgrade over McNabb/Ponder and along with that whether or not its worth sacrificing a season in order to hold on to Harvin.

I'm not sure what they have in Ponder. They maybe don't know either.

Either way, you should really stop posting since you've made being wrong your lifes work.

Yes.. you certainly have proved to be your weight in gold with your brilliance. You mentioning FF in your comments proves just how much I lack behind you.

You are suggesting that it might make sense for the Minnesota Vikings to trade away one of their top players for Kyle Orton after initially starting the season 0-4. This, after they used their 12th pick in this year's draft to take Christian Ponder, the very position that the lame Kyle Orton plays. BRILLIANT!!

Oh, but wait! The Broncos are also going to trade away Brandon Lloyd to the Vikings, so that the Vikings can then have a (:lol:) #1 from a guy that has had only ONE good season in his entire 8 year career.

But yeah... I'm the one that is proving to be 'wrong' here :coffee:

I'm just SURE the Vikings are having a very tough time contemplating between the two scenarios. It seems like such a "close" call

THE REAL Funny part about this is that you are saying that the Vikings would think about this so that Kyle Orton... KYLE ORTON... could save their season so that the fans would then feel "confident" in voting for the new stadium!! :lol: It just gets better

hamrob
10-15-2011, 11:17 AM
I think it would be very good to ship Orton/Lloyd out. In with the new/out with the old.

However, what position would Harvin play? Slot or split?

Isn't he a slot guy? We have both Royal and Decker...who are very good.

Is Harvin really a wide out type of player?

Juriga72
10-15-2011, 11:18 AM
Percy Harvin is getting a headache just thinking about playing here...

Ravage!!!
10-15-2011, 11:19 AM
Percy Harvin is getting a headache just thinking about playing here...

Yeah, but he's not thinking about playing here because there is absolutely 0 chance this happens.

SmilinAssasSin27
10-15-2011, 11:40 AM
Yeah, but he's not thinking about playing here because there is absolutely 0 chance this happens.

true...funy how big this thread got given that the accused florida troll references a rumor about a florida wr coming here.

Ravage!!!
10-15-2011, 11:42 AM
true...funy how big this thread got given that the accused florida troll references a rumor about a florida wr coming here.

Yeah... soon we'll be hearing that they want to do it because of the "chemistry" that Tebow and Harvin have

jhildebrand
10-15-2011, 12:04 PM
Orton for Harvin :lol:

Why would anybody pay something for orton i.e. a pick when they can have him free in a few months? :confused:

jhildebrand
10-15-2011, 12:06 PM
Well it is time for Elway to strut his stuff. Looking forward to see what he is capable of.

W-T-F does that mean? :confused:

Elway doesn't need to show what he is capable of. Nope. That distinction goes to one Tim Tebow. The kid needs to show what he is capable of or...

Northman
10-15-2011, 12:19 PM

Elway doesn't need to show what he is capable of. Nope. That distinction goes to one Tim Tebow. The kid needs to show what he is capable of or...

He's talking in terms of Elway's job as part of the FO.

Agent of Orange
10-15-2011, 12:47 PM
Yes.. you certainly have proved to be your weight in gold with your brilliance. You mentioning FF in your comments proves just how much I lack behind you.

You are suggesting that it might make sense for the Minnesota Vikings to trade away one of their top players for Kyle Orton after initially starting the season 0-4. This, after they used their 12th pick in this year's draft to take Christian Ponder, the very position that the lame Kyle Orton plays. BRILLIANT!!

Oh, but wait! The Broncos are also going to trade away Brandon Lloyd to the Vikings, so that the Vikings can then have a (:lol:) #1 from a guy that has had only ONE good season in his entire 8 year career.

But yeah... I'm the one that is proving to be 'wrong' here :coffee:

I'm just SURE the Vikings are having a very tough time contemplating between the two scenarios. It seems like such a "close" call

THE REAL Funny part about this is that you are saying that the Vikings would think about this so that Kyle Orton... KYLE ORTON... could save their season so that the fans would then feel "confident" in voting for the new stadium!! :lol: It just gets better

Hah! Its amusing that you think Im going to bother reading all that. I must have hit a nerve. Im not worried. I'm sure its something stupid just to save face. But thats what happens when people are repeatedly wrong. They reply with longwinded posts explaining themselves.

Like I said, you should post less. This wouldn't be a problem.

Agent of Orange
10-15-2011, 12:51 PM
I think it would be very good to ship Orton/Lloyd out. In with the new/out with the old.

However, what position would Harvin play? Slot or split?

Isn't he a slot guy? We have both Royal and Decker...who are very good.

Is Harvin really a wide out type of player?

He would be a slot player. He's not as good as Royal at route running but he's probably a lot better with the ball in his hands and he's also probably a better returner. Royal could play as a wide out. He did it during Cutler's last year and was highly productive at it. But you'd have Thomas and Decker out there too.

Between Thomas's injury risk and Royal's route running, there's probably enough room for all of them to get playing time and contribute.

pipes
10-15-2011, 01:17 PM
Percy is a great talent! He runs hard and plays extremely fast.
IF Denver were to somehow land him, I would be ecstatic!

However, Denver would need to hire some more trainers because that guy gets helped off the field EVERY game!!

And Denver's training staff is already overworked what with Moreno and DT taking so much of their time.

That being said, no way Minnesota will GIVE Harvin away..

silkamilkamonico
10-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Harvin's wife ended up flying out of Denver this morning. Unfortunately he will not be coming to Denver.

Agent of Orange
10-15-2011, 01:42 PM

When he says "strut his stuff", I think he's suggesting that he should start wearing tight pants and garish colored robes.

missingnumber7
10-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Orton isn't even the worst starting WB in the last 12 years let alone history. Can you even name anyone before Plummer let alone before Elway?

Lancane
10-15-2011, 02:23 PM
Orton isn't even the worst starting WB in the last 12 years let alone history. Can you even name anyone before Plummer let alone before Elway?

Eh? Did you mean QB?

Craig Morton wasn't a bad quarterback, and Brian Griese had he not had the issues he did have off the field would have been an All-Pro under Shanahan. Steve DeBerg wasn't horrid, but was indeed a stop-gap when compared to the new elitist quarterbacks coming into the NFL at that time. And I would say that Jay Cutler was light years ahead of Orton and Plummer in physical ability and talent.

Shazam!
10-15-2011, 02:46 PM
...and Brian Griese had he not had the issues he did have off the field would have been an All-Pro under Shanahan.

Really?

Lancane
10-15-2011, 03:06 PM
Really?

That's my opinion at least, and it's quite plausible he had a solid first season as a starter and in his second as the starter and it just ten games he earned an invite to the Pro-Bowl and was a runner up for the NFL Passing Title. If not for his flat out stupidity, goofy-ass antics and alcoholism problems he probably would have played his entire career here in Denver.

Timmy!
10-15-2011, 03:07 PM
lolz.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

gatorpower
10-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Something about Harvins wife being in town checking it out.

Percy Harvin IS NOT MARRIED!

pipes
10-15-2011, 03:10 PM
That's my opinion at least, and it's quite plausible he had a solid first season as a starter and in his second as the starter and it just ten games he earned an invite to the Pro-Bowl and was a runner up for the NFL Passing Title. If not for his flat out stupidity, goofy-ass antics and alcoholism problems he probably would have played his entire career here in Denver.

I still remember the last game at the old Mile High when, even though he was hurt, came in in relief....

The fans went nuts!!

DenBronx
10-15-2011, 03:44 PM
Orton and Royal would seem like a more credible trade. We then could resign Llyod and that would be wise given the fact we have a young QB who will need to be bailed out once in a while. I think if we kept Llyod it would only be good for the team and Tebow.

But adding P. Harvin would be a great move. He is very good at kick returns as well and can play a scat back RB and slot WR. Basically he's everything we need Royal to do on a consistant basis. Then use the Llyod and DT to stretch the field while Decker is a pure route runner with speed and good hands.

Buff
10-15-2011, 03:46 PM
Ok, time to move this to the black hole. We are just embarrassing ourselves at this point.

Next thread - Lonny Paxton for Adrian Peterson, straight up.

Lancane
10-15-2011, 03:49 PM
I still remember the last game at the old Mile High when, even though he was hurt, came in in relief....

The fans went nuts!!

Griese was pretty well liked, but he ruined his own image and no matter what Shanahan did, it seemed Brian didn't understand what he was trying to convey or how to handle the pressure himself. Would have been cool to see what he could have become under Shanahan, but he burnt that bridge and allowed himself to fall into the ranks of mediocrity.

You have to wonder what would have been had the Goodmans been involved sooner rather then later.

Lancane
10-15-2011, 03:50 PM
Ok, time to move this to the black hole. We are just embarrassing ourselves at this point.

No one believes that Denver will get Percy Harvin for Kyle Orton, besides a certain Tebow fanatic.

DenBronx
10-15-2011, 03:57 PM
No one believes that Denver will get Percy Harvin for Kyle Orton, besides a certain Tebow fanatic.

Other than the usual Twitter rumors I have seen nothing about the Vikes trying to deal P. Harvin. It makes zero sense, especially after dealing Sidney Rice which was just as dumb of an idea.

FlyByU
10-15-2011, 04:11 PM
LOL It would be a very good deal, but I don't think it is true or would happen. Orton is a $9 million dollar man and his real worth is about $2 million so a team will lose $7 million on any deal with just Orton. It would have to include picks and I for one don't want to give not one pick away. We need to build this team through the draft not FA. Get some good loyal players that will be around for 15 season if possible.

Juriga72
10-15-2011, 04:13 PM
Percy Harvin IS NOT MARRIED!

No wonder his wife flew out of Denver today....LOL

Buff
10-15-2011, 04:24 PM

Exactly. That's why this POS thread belongs with the rest of them.

weazel
10-15-2011, 04:42 PM
jags is funny, his threads are funnier.

Jagsbch
10-15-2011, 05:40 PM
LOL It would be a very good deal, but I don't think it is true or would happen. Orton is a $9 million dollar man and his real worth is about $2 million so a team will lose $7 million on any deal with just Orton. It would have to include picks and I for one don't want to give not one pick away. We need to build this team through the draft not FA. Get some good loyal players that will be around for 15 season if possible.

He probably has about 2 mil left on his contract

Agent of Orange
10-15-2011, 05:42 PM
He probably has about 2 mil left on his contract

No, he put 7 million into his empty Jack Daniels bottles.

MOtorboat
10-15-2011, 05:47 PM
Orton is still due about $4.3, I believe.

LordTrychon
10-15-2011, 05:53 PM

What have you heard?

getlynched47
10-15-2011, 06:03 PM
This rumor was from Les Shapiro of 102.3 The Ticket.

That radio station, or Les Shapiro himself, are not credible sources. kthanxbai

Lancane
10-15-2011, 06:14 PM
This rumor was from Les Shapiro of 102.3 The Ticket.

That radio station, or Les Shapiro himself, are not credible sources. kthanxbai

Les Shapiro is less then credible, or did we forget that he's the same idiot that said Denver was just hours away from naming Troy Calhoun the new head coach and the day after Calhoun denied it.

Buff
10-15-2011, 06:15 PM
What have you heard?

Confirmed negotiations according to @SummDrunkGuy26 on twitter.

Lancane
10-15-2011, 06:25 PM
Confirmed negotiations according to @SummDrunkGuy26 on twitter.

I didn't know Kyle Orton was privy to inside information? :D

dogfish
10-15-2011, 07:47 PM
Les Shapiro is less then credible, or did we forget that he's the same idiot that said Denver was just hours away from naming Troy Calhoun the new head coach and the day after Calhoun denied it.

first thing i thought of. . .

TXBRONC
10-15-2011, 09:11 PM
I didn't know Kyle Orton was privy to inside information? :D

He should be it's his tweet. :D