PDA

View Full Version : Gameday Online: Blood, Sweat and Tears

Denver Native (Carol)
10-14-2011, 07:47 PM
Four years ago, Wesley Woodyard’s football career was in jeopardy.

Undrafted, the linebacker boarded a flight to Denver on a “dark, gloomy day,” as he remembers it, believing his chances of making the team as a college free agent were “slim to none.” But he was going to give it everything he had.

Fast forward to 2011. Woodyard has been voted a captain three times. He leads the team in special-teams stops since his rookie campaign, and has contributed more than 100 tackles on defense.

rest of article - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Gameday-Online-Blood-Sweat-and-Tears/99661bdc-d3d2-49e2-867b-0b662373adb1

AlWilsonizKING
10-14-2011, 09:40 PM
“Any time I’m on that field, I’m going to give it my all,” Woodyard said. “I love my teammates and I love the game of football. It’s not my duty to worry about when or how I get on the field. My job is to go out there and give it all I’ve got for that play or however long it is I’m in there. That’s the only thing that matters – my teammates.”

Love that type of attitude :salute:

PEACE!!!

Davii
10-14-2011, 10:10 PM
Woody has played his way into becoming one of my favorites on the team. You have to love the attitude, the style of play, and the all out effort. Not just the effort in game, but the effort between games to improve.

Great article.