PDA

View Full Version : Broncos In High Spirits Ahead Of Chargers Game

Denver Native (Carol)
12-26-2008, 08:01 PM
http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/woodyard.broncos.chargers.2.895388.html

Broncos In High Spirits Ahead Of Chargers Game

Denver Broncos linebacker Wesley Woodyard clicked his heels and sprayed teammates with deodorant Thursday.

Wide receiver Brandon Marshall danced and low-fived teammates as they stood in front of cubicles beneath an umbrella of a cheshire cat smile.

They don't look like a team staggering and struggling down the stretch after blowing a three-game lead over the San Diego Chargers.

"Why should we feel any differently?" asked tight end Daniel Graham. "With all that has gone on, we still lead the division and are still in the position to win the division and get into the playoffs."

Despite losses to Carolina and Buffalo the past two weeks, Denver remained a game ahead of San Diego, winner of its last three. The Broncos have placed 16 players on the season-ending reserve list due to injuries but they've held the division lead since Week 1.

Spirits were high after the Broncos completed their Christmas Day preparations for Sunday night's road game with the revitalized Chargers.

"We have done a lot of good things to get to this point," linebacker Jamie Winborn said. "We aren't about to let see all that wasted and intend to play our best game."

Marshall, who had 18 pass receptions in the Sept. 14 meeting with the Chargers couldn't contain himself.

"We would love to be able to just relax right now and know we're in the playoffs, but this game is going to be so much fun, just with the rivalry and everything that's been going on the past three years," said Marshall. "This is going to be a fun game."

The players welcomed the challenge of a winner-take-all game on the final week of the regular season.

"Every time I think about it, I get excited because it is on a prime time stage and it is the last game of the regular season," receiver Brandon Stokley said. "You've got to know what the meaning of it is, what's at stake. There's no way to hide from it, it's there. Everybody understands where we are, the situation and how big of a game it is."

"Yeah. You know you really regret that we lost the last game, but at the same time, look at what's in front of us," cornerback Champ Bailey said. "We have a chance to go out there and you win or go home. This is our first playoff game."

Reacting To Chatter

Champ Bailey wasn't aware of San Diego linebacker Matt Wilhelm's reported reference to Jay Cutler as "a punk."

"I haven't read the paper and I don't really care," Bailey said. "It sounds like something personal."

He seemed more annoyed than anything about the brewing bad blood between the Chargers and Broncos.

"I don't like anybody I play," Bailey said. "I don't like them any less than I like the Raiders, the Chiefs, anybody."

"I have respect for what you do, but I'm out there to win," Bailey said.

Short Christmas List

Shanahan and Bailey said they didn't have Christmas wish lists.

"I have everything," Shanahan said. "What do I need? A win would be nice."

"I don't have one and I don't like getting gifts," Bailey said. "When you get gifts, most of the time they want something in return."

dogfish
12-26-2008, 10:55 PM
i hope they give themselves reason to feel that way after the game. . . . :coffee:

WARHORSE
12-26-2008, 11:23 PM
I like the mind-set.

Greatspirits
12-26-2008, 11:25 PM
Teams should always be in "High Spirits" beforehand, the bottom line is do they have what it takes to win this game? I doubt it!!

MasterShake
12-26-2008, 11:34 PM
Teams should always be in "High Spirits" beforehand, the bottom line is do they have what it takes to win this game? I doubt it!!

And people with "Great Spirits" in their names usually aren't this much of a downer. Bottom line, do you believe the Broncos can win? I doubt it! To each his own, I hope we pull it off!

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/debbie_downer.jpg

Superchop 7
12-27-2008, 12:35 AM
"If your gonna die, die with your boots on"

Iron Maiden

fcspikeit
12-27-2008, 07:50 PM
I am more confidant we can win this game after reading that..

Our guys know whats at stake here, I believe they will come out on fire! What is the difference between this game and any in the playoffs? There are many saying the AFC better watch out if the Bolts get in because they are playing well.

If we can go into their house and beat them with our season on the line it will build a lot of confidence and send a massage, one the rest of the AFC better take note of.

I have a good feeling about this.. I don't know why anyone would be upset that we have to win games to get where we want to go? Its really that simple, just go out and win the game.

If we can't beat SD what real chance would we have against any of the AFC playoff teams?

GO BRONCOS!!!! :salute:

lex
12-27-2008, 07:51 PM
Well if they get beat 41-3, its nice to know that at least they were in high spirits.

muse
12-27-2008, 08:29 PM
I'm hoping on the other side of the fence that the Chargers end up psyching themselves out of the game :lol:

Dean
12-27-2008, 08:36 PM
"If your gonna die, die with your boots on"

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden? Are you sure it wasn't John Wayne?:D

fcspikeit
12-27-2008, 08:39 PM
Iron Maiden? Are you sure it wasn't John Wayne?:D

Maiden stole it from the duke...