PDA

View Full Version : Trading places: List of 14 who should get dealt (4 Broncos)

DenBronx
10-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Champ Bailey
Brian Dawkins
Brandon Llyod
Kyle Orton

Read the full article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole_trade_deadline_broncos_reggie_bush101311&active_dimension=carousel_coke_today&ysp_frm_woah=1

Those are four of the rumored Broncos being shopped. I have very mixed feelings of Champ going anywhere but this team needs to rebuild and could use the young talent.

Also, I must say DJ should be shopped as well.

Thoughts???

camdisco24
10-13-2011, 09:42 PM
I would like to keep all of them right now... Champ for obvious reasons... Dawkins because he can mentor all our young safeties... Lloyd to help Tebow develop as a deep passer... and Orton because I think he's a serviceable backup to Tebow.

Now DJ?? Shop him all you want.

Tned
10-13-2011, 09:42 PM
I disagree on Champ, but am ok with the others, even though I think all but Lloyd is very unlikely.

Lancane
10-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Again this is another columnist writing his opinion only.

So far the only confirmation we have is that Denver is trying to trade Brandon Lloyd, though you would think with the talk about Dawkins and Williams being shipped to Philadelphia has substance because the amount of chatter regarding the rumor. As for Orton, we could only wish we could get him traded somewhere for some compensation.

I don't see Champ going anywhere though, he's going to retire a Bronco in my honest opinion.

TXBRONC
10-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Orton seems to be the most unlikely player to get traded because of his salary and the learning curve for a new offense. That's the way I understand what has been explained through the media.

Traveler
10-13-2011, 10:05 PM
Champ isn't going anywhere. They just signed him to a new contract and would take a huge salary cap hit because his entire bonus would immdeiately be accelerated into the cap. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Everyone else listed is expendable.

Northman
10-13-2011, 10:07 PM
I disagree on Champ, but am ok with the others, even though I think all but Lloyd is very unlikely.

I feel the same way.

DenBronx
10-13-2011, 10:07 PM
I just want whats best for the team. However, I want Bailey to retire with the Broncos.

Llyod, DJ, Dawk and Orton might as well be dealt as long as the total equals a 1st and possibly a player included.

Dawk is old and we need to get younger in that area of Defense. Llyod is great and would only be good for Tebow but he is being out performed overall by Decker. The Broncos must feel ok with DT returning and I would rather the Broncos sell now while they still can on Llyod.

DJ has played his whole career here but has been very average since moving from weakside LB years ago and Orton is just a big fat turd.

DenBronx
10-13-2011, 10:09 PM
Orton seems to be the most unlikely player to get traded because of his salary and the learning curve for a new offense. That's the way I understand what has been explained through the media.

Not unless the Broncos agree wo eat most of the cap on him. Still could happen with Mia but they Broncos would have to pay most of his salary and settle for a 4th or 5th. They should consider that strongly.

Davii
10-13-2011, 10:26 PM
I'm all about stocking picks by moving players from positions we have depth at and if it makes sense.

Lloyd is in his last year and we've got some good young wr's in the wings. DJ has been outplayed by Woodyard, etc.

Letting Champ walk would piss me off. Not only is a Champ a guy I want to see retire as a Bronco, first ballot HOF, etc. But that move wouldn't make sense. We don't have the depth at corner to cover that move, and there's nobody on the roster that could replace the experience Champ brings to the table and the younger players.

D1g1tal j1m
10-13-2011, 10:57 PM
Dawkins needs to go. He can't cover deep and he's playing as a 200 pound LB in the box. He can't mentor the young guys when he keeps getting beat for easy TD through the air.

Lancane
10-13-2011, 11:17 PM
Just to confirm a story, Adam Schefter did in fact mention on ESPN the idea for a trade, where Denver would send Brian Dawkins and DJ Williams to the Eagles for the Eagles' 2012 3rd Round Draft Pick.

And the Eagles' fans are clamoring for it, hell begging for it. They're ready to lynch Vick and Reid in fact.

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/626218-schefter-trade-idea-dawk-and-dj-williams-to-phi-for-3-pick/

DenBronx
10-13-2011, 11:33 PM
Just to confirm a story, Adam Schefter did in fact mention on ESPN the idea for a trade, where Denver would send Brian Dawkins and DJ Williams to the Eagles for the Eagles' 2012 3rd Round Draft Pick.

And the Eagles' fans are clamoring for it, hell begging for it. They're ready to lynch Vick and Reid in fact.

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/626218-schefter-trade-idea-dawk-and-dj-williams-to-phi-for-3-pick/

That's very interesting. We got what we needed from Dawk to help mentor R. Moore but lets face it, after this year there might not be much left in Dawk. Brian would at least help Philly make a push this year and they desperately need a LB.

So, it's a win win for both teams.

Just would really like Asante somehow for us though.

DenBronx
10-13-2011, 11:37 PM
I'm amazed how many fans from other teams are begging for Llyod. He really could be the differance make for someone, so I could see us getting good value even with this being his only year left on a contract. Llyod might want a new deal as part of the trade to be finalized before going.

Lancane
10-14-2011, 12:27 AM
That's very interesting. We got what we needed from Dawk to help mentor R. Moore but lets face it, after this year there might not be much left in Dawk. Brian would at least help Philly make a push this year and they desperately need a LB.

So, it's a win win for both teams.

Just would really like Asante somehow for us though.

Asante Samuel is on the back end of his career, he's maybe got another four to five years in him, and his contract is ridiculous originally signed in 2008, his contract was a six year deal for 57 million dollars, with 20 million guaranteed. I believe he's still owed around 37 million which is spread out over three and a half years is over 10 million a season almost. I would rather spend that money all multiple positions then one over the hill corner.

DenBronx
10-14-2011, 12:29 AM
Asante Samuel is on the back end of his career, he's maybe got another four to five years in him, and his contract is ridiculous originally signed in 2008, his contract was a six year deal for 57 million dollars, with 20 million guaranteed. I believe he's still owed around 37 million which is spread out over three and a half years is over 10 million a season almost. I would rather spend that money all multiple positions then one over the hill corner.

I didnt know he was still owed 37 mill.

Then he can rot in Philly.

Rather have draft picks then.

Lancane
10-14-2011, 12:36 AM
I didnt know he was still owed 37 mill.

Then he can rot in Philly.

Rather have draft picks then.

My point exactly, that's a huge amount of money...and personally, if we're spending that type of money on a corner, I'd rather it was for someone youthful, like the second coming of Champ himself or someone like Devin McCourty or Leon Hall.

BroncoJoe
Tuesday won't come quick enough.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Lancane
Tuesday won't come quick enough.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Why? Because you don't believe it will happen Joe? Just curious...

DenBronx
10-14-2011, 03:49 AM
My point exactly, that's a huge amount of money...and personally, if we're spending that type of money on a corner, I'd rather it was for someone youthful, like the second coming of Champ himself or someone like Devin McCourty or DeAngelo Hall.

Did you just say you would rather have Deangelo Hall?

The same Hall who Eddie Royal torched for 4 quarters when he was a rookie?

That guys a joke and hope he never wears orange and blue. Would rather have Willie Middlebrooks back.

dogfish
10-14-2011, 04:15 AM
Champ isn't going anywhere. They just signed him to a new contract and would take a huge salary cap hit because his entire bonus would immdeiately be accelerated into the cap. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

okay, you're half wrong. . . ;)

no huge cap hit to trade him-- he didn't receive any signing bonus, so no bonus to accelerate against the cap. . .

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/champ-bailey/

however, the contract is the reason they won't trade him-- they didn't sign him to a big deal just to get rid of him a couple months later. . . that makes no sense. . . they knew the chances we could have this kind of record when they signed him, things haven't changed that much since then. . . we would have insisted on an easier to move deal if we were considering bailing if our record was bad. . .

Lancane
10-14-2011, 05:12 AM
Did you just say you would rather have Deangelo Hall?

The same Hall who Eddie Royal torched for 4 quarters when he was a rookie?

That guys a joke and hope he never wears orange and blue. Would rather have Willie Middlebrooks back.

Sorry, I don't know why I was thinking DeAngelo Hall...I meant Leon Hall.

CoachChaz
10-14-2011, 07:34 AM

But spending tons of money on an older CB that cant stay on the field makes more sense? Just curious.

Sorry, but if I had to pick the lesser of two evils...I'd take Samuel over Champ in terms of money, remaining ability and confidence they'll be healthy.

To hell with loyalty.

vettesplus
10-14-2011, 09:03 AM

how about trade dawk and dj Williams to the eagle for Vick, then we can have a real QB contravirsy...:lol:

TXBRONC
10-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Not unless the Broncos agree wo eat most of the cap on him. Still could happen with Mia but they Broncos would have to pay most of his salary and settle for a 4th or 5th. They should consider that strongly.

It's the NFL so I don't deny that just about anything is possible. I don't think it's that Denver would be willing to trade him I just don't think there will be any takers. Besides the issues of the learning curve and the money Orton becomes a 1/2 year rental. I don't think Miami would think it's worth it.

SR
10-15-2011, 11:03 PM
The guy who wrote that article is a flippin' idiot.

pipes
10-16-2011, 09:21 AM
Sorry, I don't know why I was thinking DeAngelo Hall...I meant Leon Hall.

Thank goodness, I thought you were losing it!

missingnumber7
10-16-2011, 10:11 AM
Sounds like rape to me. DJ and Dawkins for a 3rd rounder? Compensation don't seem appropriate.

spikerman
10-16-2011, 12:25 PM
I'd be ok with trading Bailey. Let him go to a team that actually has a chance to compete for a championship. By the time Denver is that good again, Bailey will probably at the end of, or close to, his career. He probably has the most value of any player on the current roster. If the team is in full rebuilding mode, let's not half-ass it, let's do it. Just rip off the band aid and start over.