PDA

View Full Version : Brian Xanders talks trade rumors, Tebow, BLloyd & Von Miller

Denver Native (Carol)
10-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Interesting conversation - from a few minutes ago:

http://www.1043thefan.com/channels/MikeEvansScottHastings/Story.aspx?ID=1555145

underrated29
10-13-2011, 05:02 PM
cliff notes for those readers who are on the phone...?

Lancane
10-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Yeah Carol, we want the juicy details! :D

Mike
10-13-2011, 05:17 PM
cliff notes for those readers who are on the phone...?

X says that Elway has been cutting back on the pizza, but Fox sends him on two or three runs a day. Keeps him busy. But Fox says that if he keeps up the good work he can give his input on the 2012 8th round selection.

Tned
10-13-2011, 05:18 PM
X says that Elway has been cutting back on the pizza, but Fox sends him on two or three runs a day. Keeps him busy.

You guys are brutal when it comes to x and h. :laugh:

Magnificent Seven
10-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Can anyone interpret it for me? I would like to know what they were saying. By the way, I'm a Deaf Broncos fan.

Many thanks!

Denver Native (Carol)
10-13-2011, 05:45 PM
Can anyone interpret it for me? I would like to know what they were saying. By the way, I'm a Deaf Broncos fan.

Many thanks!

In regards to trade rumors -

"Rumors spread like wildfire this time of year. They themselves have heard rumors on 4 different Broncos. All teams are looking at their own rosters. There are 1850 players in the NFL, so really only 1 or 2 get traded during the year. It is not like basketball or baseball - NFL players need to learn new playbooks, so they can not mix in quickly.

How do you internally handle what's going on in the outside -

"When we are in our offices, we are scouting free agency for next year, we are evaluating our own players. We hear some of it, but not a lot. It's reality.

We have a 3 year plan to turn the Broncos around. We know who's up for free agency. Once you start a season, we are working hard to win games. Staff is putting in over 100 hours per week"

Maybe someone else can pick up where I left off for you.

(proofreading edit - lol)

Magnificent Seven
10-13-2011, 05:55 PM
In regards to trade rumors -

"Rumors spread like wildfire this time of hear. They themselves have heard rumors on 4 different Broncos. All teams are looking at their own rosters. There are 1850 players in the NFL, so really only 1 or 2 get traded during the year. It is not like basketball or baseball - NFL players need to learn new playbooks, so they can not mix in quickly.

How do you internally inside handle what's going on the outside -

"When we are in their offices, we are scouting free agency for next year, we are evaluating our own players. We hear some of it, but not a lot. It's reality.

They have a 3 year plan to turn the Broncos around. They know who's up for free agency. Once you start a season, we are working hard to win games. Staff is putting in over 100 hours per week"

Maybe someone else can pick up where I left off for you.

Thank you very much! I appreciate it! Cheers!

dogfish
10-13-2011, 06:01 PM
You guys are brutal when it comes to x and h. :laugh:

who's H?

Nomad
10-13-2011, 06:03 PM
who's H?

You were hoping Xanders would say he was stepping down after the season!:lol:

Tned
10-13-2011, 06:17 PM
who's H?

Oops, been a bad headache day or so. Let's try again.

You guys are brutal to x and e. (I actually typed it as h again, and had to catch myself).

dogfish
10-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Oops, been a bad headache day or so. Let's try again.

You guys are brutal to x and e. (I actually typed it as h again, and had to catch myself).

truth-- but only as long as you also clarify that the particular E in question is joe ellis. . . not john elway. . .

;)

i still like that elway guy. . .

Tned
10-13-2011, 06:39 PM
truth-- but only as long as you also clarify that the particular E in question is joe ellis. . . not john elway. . .

;)

i still like that elway guy. . .

lol

HORSEPOWER 56
10-13-2011, 06:58 PM
With all due respect to the front office... I don't believe a damned word they say when it comes to personnel moves. Ever since McDaniel's BS "we just answered the phone", very few of the things they have said concerning personnel have come true.

MOtorboat
10-13-2011, 07:02 PM
With all due respect to the front office... I don't believe a damned word they say when it comes to personnel moves. Ever since McDaniel's BS "we just answered the phone", very few of the things they have said concerning personnel have come true.

Please tell me you didn't believe Shanahan all the time...that dude lied through his teeth all the time. And I love him for it :).

Lancane
10-13-2011, 07:07 PM
Please tell me you didn't believe Shanahan all the time...that dude lied through his teeth all the time. And I love him for it :).

I don't think that's the case Mo, I really don't...we'd have to be naive to believe everything a front office stated regarding personnel moves. However, I would say that McDaniels was more truthful then others regarding moves because he was such a shitty liar, it was evident after the Cutler debacle...he became as transparent as a glass bottom boat! Shanahan was the tricky one, but it really didn't do that much good in the end, it seemed to backfire on him more then benefit. It's seems like Elway and company are trying to be transparent with their words but more secretive, but never untruthful, deceiving is one thing...flat out lying is another.

Tned
10-13-2011, 07:10 PM

Since McDaniels got the axe, has there been that many falsehoods, like the lies he told RE Cutler?

HORSEPOWER 56
10-13-2011, 07:19 PM

Sure, but Shanny was the injury liar. Shanny lied about the injury report every week like Belichick does. Shanny was more tight-lipped about personnel moves (trades, free agency, etc) and there was no twitter back then for rampant speculation.

I'm not accusing Shanny of being a saint by any stretch, but McDaniels would just straight up LIE to the media and fans (we just answered the phone, Jay Cutler is our QB, it was the captains' decision to bench Marshall, I am an offensive genius...).

EFX have tried this "transparency" to bring the fans back, but they still just bold-faced lie about some of it. If you don't want to talk about it, just tell the media that.

Don't say "we'll address the DT position in FA, we understand it's a big need for us", or "Orton gives us the best chance to win", or "We've been in contact with his representative about a new contract" if it's not true. The Lloyd contract statement that Xanders just made on the radio is complete BULLSHIT. Scheffter or one of the other Denver local media folks would've broken this story when it happened had they really initiated talks with Lloyd's agent, even if it was just preliminary talks it would've made news somewhere. Stuff like that doesn't stay secret. I'd bet he made it up on the spot when pushed by the radio hosts.

That's what I'm talking about. It's one thing to lie to protect the team, it's another to do it just because you don't think the fans are smart enough to know better...

TXBRONC
10-13-2011, 09:32 PM
Since McDaniels got the axe, has there been that many falsehoods, like the lies he told RE Cutler?

Not imo. Since McDaniels was sent packing I don't we've seen any of that so far.

BeefStew25
10-13-2011, 09:35 PM
I don't mind public games as it relates to personnel decisons.

I just want a dude who doesn't sell out his people for the sake of his own job.

Tned
10-13-2011, 09:44 PM
I don't mind public games as it relates to personnel decisons.

I just want a dude who doesn't sell out his people for the sake of his own job.

Geez, I think this is the last time I agreed with you since Nov. 2nd, 2008.

silkamilkamonico
10-13-2011, 10:01 PM
1) so only has the front office got smart and admitted we are rebuilding, but they are looking at 3 years. very far cry from "best chance to win" argument.

2) forget free agency. you m----s should be focusing on the incoming players for the nfl draft.

could not be more disappointed in our front office and the "direction they are planning to go".

Sinthor
10-13-2011, 10:57 PM
Well, so Xanders didn't DENY any possible trades but he sure made it sound unlikely and seemed genuinely amused by it all. Would have been easy for him to say "we're talking to some people but there's nothing to announce" or something like that that would have confirmed without giving away the farm.

Look, I learned over this offseason that it seems 90% of the speculation and "information from sources" is completely bogus. How many times did we see one writer opine about say the possibility that Tebow was actually 4th string and then suddenly articles for the next month would restate the same thing from "sources" or just plain take it as fact? The lie about his not being the #2 was proven this past Sunday, but for MONTHS now announcers and articles have stated that he's the 3rd stringer or below.

So I'm not gonna sweat it unless something is actually announced. Not gonna believe it unless I see a direct quote. That goes for everything the rest of this season and beyond. The media, internet media in particular has proven to be completely BS in my opinion and not about just the Broncos. Take Tony Romo's "punctured lung" and any number of other stories that turn out to be hugely exaggerated or just plain not close to the truth. It was a rough education for me this offseason, but I'm glad I found this out. I used to read and react too much.

I really don't think getting rid of Lloyd would be a good thing to do regardless of trying to get value for the future, simply from the aspect of needing to win now and trying to help out your young QB whom you're trying to develop. That being said, IF it happens, there is plenty of other receiving talent on this team. Tebow in particular has seemed to have a strong connection with Willis and Decker. Still, Lloyd's acrobatic catching skills are exactly what ANY young QB needs to bail him out now and then. So we'll see.

Lancane
10-13-2011, 11:10 PM
Well, so Xanders didn't DENY any possible trades but he sure made it sound unlikely and seemed genuinely amused by it all. Would have been easy for him to say "we're talking to some people but there's nothing to announce" or something like that that would have confirmed without giving away the farm.

Look, I learned over this offseason that it seems 90% of the speculation and "information from sources" is completely bogus. How many times did we see one writer opine about say the possibility that Tebow was actually 4th string and then suddenly articles for the next month would restate the same thing from "sources" or just plain take it as fact? The lie about his not being the #2 was proven this past Sunday, but for MONTHS now announcers and articles have stated that he's the 3rd stringer or below.

So I'm not gonna sweat it unless something is actually announced. Not gonna believe it unless I see a direct quote. That goes for everything the rest of this season and beyond. The media, internet media in particular has proven to be completely BS in my opinion and not about just the Broncos. Take Tony Romo's "punctured lung" and any number of other stories that turn out to be hugely exaggerated or just plain not close to the truth. It was a rough education for me this offseason, but I'm glad I found this out. I used to read and react too much.

I really don't think getting rid of Lloyd would be a good thing to do regardless of trying to get value for the future, simply from the aspect of needing to win now and trying to help out your young QB whom you're trying to develop. That being said, IF it happens, there is plenty of other receiving talent on this team. Tebow in particular has seemed to have a strong connection with Willis and Decker. Still, Lloyd's acrobatic catching skills are exactly what ANY young QB needs to bail him out now and then. So we'll see.

It's already been confirmed that the Broncos are indeed shopping Lloyd.

DenBronx
10-13-2011, 11:46 PM
1) so only has the front office got smart and admitted we are rebuilding, but they are looking at 3 years. very far cry from "best chance to win" argument.

2) forget free agency. you m----s should be focusing on the incoming players for the nfl draft.

could not be more disappointed in our front office and the "direction they are planning to go".

If we ship Llyod and DJ/Dawk then that would put tthat whole argument to rest. I think the "best chance to win" stance is out the window now.

Looks like Fox doesnt want to make the same mistakes he did in Carolina. Glad to see he is gearing up for the future.

pipes
10-14-2011, 06:31 AM
Don't say "we'll address the DT position in FA, we understand it's a big need for us", or "Orton gives us the best chance to win", or "We've been in contact with his representative about a new contract" if it's not true. The Lloyd contract statement that Xanders just made on the radio is complete BULLSHIT. Scheffter or one of the other Denver local media folks would've broken this story when it happened had they really initiated talks with Lloyd's agent, even if it was just preliminary talks it would've made news somewhere. Stuff like that doesn't stay secret. I'd bet he made it up on the spot when pushed by the radio hosts.

That's what I'm talking about. It's one thing to lie to protect the team, it's another to do it just because you don't think the fans are smart enough to know better...
OR maybe it went like this...

X: so Brandon, ur contract's up here in a few months. We'd like to know what ur currently looking for in terms of numbers and years in ur next deal.

BL: Well, I was thinking..
(gets interrupted)

X: Hey thanks for coming in, glad we had this talk!

X then goes to media and is asked about Brandon... Sure...ive spoken to him about an extension..........

claymore
10-14-2011, 06:50 AM

McD lied because he was a dik weasel. If EFX lies, I think it is an honest attempt to better the team. JMO.

I hate McD and love EFX so, Im biased. :shrugs:

BroncoStud
10-14-2011, 11:35 AM
I wish the Broncos would keep Lloyd and shop Xanders.

slim
10-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Who cares if the FO lies? Does it really matter?

I hope another team is dumb enough to give a 3 for Lloyd. That would be sweet.

Cugel
10-14-2011, 01:45 PM

Prior to the draft, Shanahan used to glare balefully at his left hand for fear that it might know what his right hand was doing.

Somehow it never seemed to work out too well. Nobody knew what he was going to do, but then he'd do something and everybody would just shake their heads.

The Glue Factory
10-14-2011, 01:52 PM
McD lied because he was a dik weasel.

Taking it awful easy on McFired. Just call it what it is - McD is a fracking ratbastard!

Cugel
10-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Do a little exercise. Imagine that the Broncos win the SB 4 years from now. How many starters (not backups, starters) on that SB team do you think are on the current Broncos roster today?

Out of 22 starters, I'd say 7 or 8. If you want to be charitable.

Defense:
Doom, Miller, Champ. Being generous you'd say Rahim Moore. Moore has been bad so far, but he's a rookie and could improve. The rest of them are backups at best. Yes that includes Robert Ayers (if he's lucky).

Offense:
Clady, Decker (turning into a decent slot receiver so he could possibly be a starter on that team), and Franklin (who looks promising so far). No C, no G's no TEs and no WR besides Decker will be there.

That's it. (I won't argue about Tim Tebow. I don't think he's the answer but throw him in if you want).

6 to 8. That leaves 13 to 15 starters you need to acquire in 3 or 4 years! And you can't get that many players simply through the draft.

They're going to have to get a number of FAs who can come in and play. Probably at least 3 to 5 starters a year for the next 3 years are going to have to come through FA unless they want an EIGHT YEAR PLAN instead of a THREE year plan. :coffee:

Tned
10-14-2011, 02:11 PM
Prior to the draft, Shanahan used to glare balefully at his left hand for fear that it might know what his right hand was doing.

Somehow it never seemed to work out too well. Nobody knew what he was going to do, but then he'd do something and everybody would just shake their heads.

Yep, all he did was win.

T.K.O.
10-14-2011, 02:25 PM
they are discussing the trade now on "the fan"
saying there is definately more to the story and Clausen has been mentioned again in trade "rumors"
X is scheduled to talk to them again in a few minutes:salute:

silkamilkamonico
10-14-2011, 02:30 PM
Jimmy Clausen? What a f'n joke that would be.

Tned
10-14-2011, 02:32 PM
Do a little exercise. Imagine that the Broncos win the SB 4 years from now. How many starters (not backups, starters) on that SB team do you think are on the current Broncos roster today?

Defense:
Doom, Miller, Champ. Being generous you'd say Rahim Moore. Moore has been bad so far, but he's a rookie and could improve. The rest of them are backups at best. Yes that includes Robert Ayers (if he's lucky).

Offense:
Clady, Decker (turning into a decent slot receiver so he could possibly be a starter on that team), and Franklin (who looks promising so far). No C, no G's no TEs and no WR besides Decker will be there.

That's it. (I won't argue about Tim Tebow. I don't think he's the answer but throw him in if you want).

6 to 8. That leaves 13 to 15 starters you need to acquire in 3 or 4 years! And you can't get that many players simply through the draft.

They're going to have to get a number of FAs who can come in and play. Probably at least 3 to 5 starters a year for the next 3 years are going to have to come through FA unless they want an EIGHT YEAR PLAN instead of a THREE year plan. :coffee:

Massive what if, because there is so much that goes into a SB win. For instance, if it's four years from now, which is the year after Bailey's contract expires, he probably won't be on the team.

Contract statuses aside.

Four years from now, there are no sure things, but "likely":

Tebow, Clady, Franklin, Kuper, DT, Decker & Royal. (J. Thomas is a complete uknown).

Doom, Miller, Ayers are most likely, Marcus Thomas possible, along with Moore, and then longshots are Irving and Woodyard.

Still, it's almost impossible to tell, because a lot depends on how players develop, schemes used, etc.

underrated29
10-14-2011, 02:33 PM

Defense:

Offense:

I would definitely add these guys to your list:

DT
Bunkley- total Stud for us!
Kuper
Julius Thomas

These guys imo are 50:50---I personally see them here in 4 years but its possible they move on:

Royal
Knowshon
Ayers
Syd
Bruton (not a starter unless guys are hurt though)
Marcus Thomas (he rotates on DL, close enough to a starter)

So I have us at 10 guarantees and possibly 5 more (not counting bruton)

So with the maybes that makes it 15---only 7 to go. Most at DL and CB and LB.

Foochacho
10-14-2011, 02:33 PM
Clausen really? if that happens I am flying to Denver stopping at a hardware store and picking up some pitchforks. I thought this stupid shit would stop after McD left.

underrated29
10-14-2011, 02:35 PM
they are discussing the trade now on "the fan"
saying there is definately more to the story and Clausen has been mentioned again in trade "rumors"
X is scheduled to talk to them again in a few minutes:salute:

Care to fill us in a little more...

Which trade? The old one, a proposed one? And we want clausen? He blows brady quinns ass.

Thanks for the update though!

silkamilkamonico
10-14-2011, 02:35 PM
Clausen really? if that happens I am flying to Denver stopping at a hardware store and picking up some pitchforks. I thought this stupid shit would stop after McD left.

With this front office, it very well looks like it could just be beginning.

T.K.O.
10-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Care to fill us in a little more...

Which trade? The old one, a proposed one? And we want clausen? He blows brady quinns ass.

Thanks for the update though!

not sure ....just what they said "more to the story" blah blah "clausen's name mentioned" etc....
X should be up in about 1 minute

T.K.O.
10-14-2011, 02:38 PM
here's the live linkhttp://player.streamtheworld.com/_players/lincolnfinancial/index.php?callsign=KKFNFM

T.K.O.
10-14-2011, 02:38 PM
they are still repeating yesterdays call,but the next one is supposed to be on now

BroncoStud
10-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Jimmy Clausen? What a f'n joke that would be.

I would literally be sick to my stomach if Clausen were a Denver Bronco. Beady-headed and flat-out sucks.

Sounds to me like Carolina wants Lloyd and wants rid of Clausen. We had better get a high draft pick for him.

Tned
10-14-2011, 03:08 PM
I would literally be sick to my stomach if Clausen were a Denver Bronco. Beady-headed and flat-out sucks.

Sounds to me like Carolina wants Lloyd and wants rid of Clausen. We had better get a high draft pick for him.

We need to send Tebow to Cleveland for McCoy and Hillis.

underrated29
10-14-2011, 03:12 PM
If we deal with Carolina it needs, MUST be for Jonathan Stewart!!!

Bring my boy home!

OMorange&blue
10-14-2011, 03:12 PM
We need to send Tebow to Cleveland for McCoy and Hillis.

Oh man, we should totally put you in charge of Dove Valley.

Jsteve01
10-14-2011, 03:16 PM
don't we already have our quota of under achieving Notre Dame QBs?. Clausen is an a number one *****. And if we trade for that kid, Im stabbing myself

Tned
10-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Oh man, we should totally put you in charge of Dove Valley.

I would get that place whipped in no time.

Poet
10-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Speculating what a NFL team will look like in four years is like looking at a newborn baby fresh from the womb and going "I bet the kid will be 6'4."

Jsteve01
10-14-2011, 03:29 PM
If we deal with Carolina it needs, MUST be for Jonathan Stewart!!!

Bring my boy home!

yeah and then he and Demaryius Thomas can hang out together on the IR. I loved StewarT coming out of college but he's alwys hurt

underrated29
10-14-2011, 03:31 PM
yeah and then he and Demaryius Thomas can hang out together on the IR. I loved StewarT coming out of college but he's alwys hurt

Once he drinks from tebows holy grail his injuries shall be gone forever.

Cugel
10-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Yep, all he did was win.

He didn't win because he had great drafts! He won because he was a great coach who had an idiot for a GM (Shanahan) who got the coach fired!

Unless you think things like the 2007 draft total fiasco was "winning."

Of course compared with McMoron he was a draft day genius! At least he found Cutler, Marshall, Hillis, Sheffler, Dumervil and Clady in his last few drafts. Unfortunately, almost all of them were on OFFENSE and his defensive selections sucked bad.

jhildebrand
10-14-2011, 04:01 PM
I listened to the Xanders interview with the Fan from yesterday. They guy can barely get his words out. I know I am known for wanting him gone. This interview didn't help matters.

Cugel
10-14-2011, 04:01 PM
Speculating what a NFL team will look like in four years is like looking at a newborn baby fresh from the womb and going "I bet the kid will be 6'4."

It's called a HYPOTHETICAL for a reason. This comment was so insipid that I'm repressing a desire to make critical personal comments about the poster.

I'm not saying that the Broncos WILL win the SB in 4 years.

Assuming they do, how many current Broncos do you think could possibly start for that team? Not too damn many. That's the point.

The stumble-bum broken down horses on this team are not suddenly going to metamorphize into a winged Pegasus. If you've got no talent you've got no talent and most of them have no talent.

And if you're not an utterly blind homer you'd admit it. 4-12 wasn't just McDaniels. It was a LOUSY football team as well. :coffee:

It doesn't matter if you think Robert Ayers could be one of them and that Decker won't. The overall point is that this team is terribly deficient in talent.

The CORE of their team must be selected through the next 3 drafts, true, but they will need quite a few FAs as well. They just don't have enough draft picks to fill all the holes in any reasonable amount of time.

Cugel
10-14-2011, 04:06 PM
I listened to the Xanders interview with the Fan from yesterday. They guy can barely get his words out. I know I am known for wanting him gone. This interview didn't help matters.

Did you see this photo of Xanders?

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50314_2213670066_6815_n.jpg

"He is smart. We need things to make us go fast."

Skacorica
10-14-2011, 04:37 PM

Uh oh, I gotta be honest, I definitely did that when my son was born. Im willing to bet so did most dads on this board...

BeefStew25
10-14-2011, 04:44 PM

Wait. I did that.

Tned
10-14-2011, 04:44 PM
He didn't win because he had great drafts! He won because he was a great coach who had an idiot for a GM (Shanahan) who got the coach fired!

Unless you think things like the 2007 draft total fiasco was "winning."

Of course compared with McMoron he was a draft day genius! At least he found Cutler, Marshall, Hillis, Sheffler, Dumervil and Clady in his last few drafts. Unfortunately, almost all of them were on OFFENSE and his defensive selections sucked bad.

I wish we could get back to where we had to trash a head coach for winning the wrong way.

FlyByU
10-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Uh oh, I gotta be honest, I definitely did that when my son was born. Im willing to bet so did most dads on this board...

I did My oldest was the biggest baby 11lbs 12oz and he is 19 now and 6' 2" My 16 year old is 6' 0" and my 14 year old is 5' 10.5"

I guessed then to be around 6' 3" to 6' 5" and I am not to far off with any of them so far.

Magnificent Seven
10-14-2011, 06:38 PM
Trade DJ Williams for Browns' FB Peyton Hillis?

Lancane
10-14-2011, 07:18 PM
Trade DJ Williams for Browns' FB Peyton Hillis?

While the idea is interesting, Cleveland is probably more interested in Brandon Lloyd then DJ Williams. If there is any truth to some of the other rumors, I would much rather send Williams and Dawkins to Philadelphia for their 3rd round pick. I could see Denver trading Lloyd to Cleveland for Peyton Hillis and a 4th round pick, because they'll still receive a pick from us this draft from the past trade for Brady Quinn which will probably end up being a 5th round pick. So it would be as if they got Lloyd for the difference value of the picks.

Tned
10-14-2011, 08:23 PM
While the idea is interesting, Cleveland is probably more interested in Brandon Lloyd then DJ Williams. If there is any truth to some of the other rumors, I would much rather send Williams and Dawkins to Philadelphia for their 3rd round pick. I could see Denver trading Lloyd to Cleveland for Peyton Hillis and a 4th round pick, because they'll still receive a pick from us this draft from the past trade for Brady Quinn which will probably end up being a 5th round pick. So it would be as if they got Lloyd for the difference value of the picks.

Where do you come up with a 5th round pick to complete the Quinn/Hillis trade? I've been attempting to get the details of the conditional pick and have yet to get an answer. I've been going under the impression that it's likely a 6th if it's based on Quinn's production.

Lancane
10-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Where do you come up with a 5th round pick to complete the Quinn/Hillis trade? I've been attempting to get the details of the conditional pick and have yet to get an answer. I've been going under the impression that it's likely a 6th if it's based on Quinn's production.

Because even though we had an unsatisfied trade in place with Cleveland, we then sent our 6th round pick to Philadelphia for Joe Mays. And though the draft pick that Cleveland was to receive was undisclosed, they may be willing to settle for our 7th round pick, if not then they can file a trade injunction and the league could rule on which pick satisfies the stipulations of the trade in question. Either way we already traded the 6th round pick, so Cleveland is likely to get our 5th or 7th round pick.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-14-2011, 08:44 PM
Because even though we had an unsatisfied trade in place with Cleveland, we then sent our 6th round pick to Philadelphia for Joe Mays. And though the draft pick that Cleveland was to receive was undisclosed, they may be willing to settle for our 7th round pick, if not then they can file a trade injunction and the league could rule on which pick satisfies the stipulations of the trade in question. Either way we already traded the 6th round pick, so Cleveland is likely to get our 5th or 7th round pick.

We gave up a 6th for Joe Mays? I thought Mays was a straight swap for JJ Arrington...(who Philly later cut) I must not have been paying attention. :confused:

Lancane
10-14-2011, 09:04 PM
We gave up a 6th for Joe Mays? I thought Mays was a straight swap for JJ Arrington...(who Philly later cut) I must not have been paying attention. :confused:

The trade was stipulated as such; that Denver would send J.J. Arrington to Philadelphia for Joe Mays, however, if Arrington did not make the final 53 man roster, then Denver would have to send their 6th round pick to Philadelphia.

Arrington didn't make the final roster and is now playing for the UFL's Las Vegas Locomotives. So Denver has to give up their 6th to compensate for the trade requirements.

That's one reason why I've all been for trading obsolete players on our roster, we're already going to be down two draft picks, and though both will be latter round picks, we have to remember what we lack and that's the point of the draft.

Tned
10-14-2011, 09:12 PM
The trade was stipulated as such; that Denver would send J.J. Arrington to Philadelphia for Joe Mays, however, if Arrington did not make the final 53 man roster, then Denver would have to send their 6th round pick to Philadelphia.

Arrington didn't make the final roster and is now playing for the UFL's Las Vegas Locomotives. So Denver has to give up their 6th to compensate for the trade requirements.

That's one reason why I've all been for trading obsolete players on our roster, we're already going to be down two draft picks, and though both will be latter round picks, we have to remember what we lack and that's the point of the draft.

You sure a 6th was specified? I thought it was JJ or a 2012 conditional, if JJ didn't make the roster.

Lancane
10-14-2011, 10:01 PM
You sure a 6th was specified? I thought it was JJ or a 2012 conditional, if JJ didn't make the roster.

No, I am sure it's a 6th round pick, the conditional pick is the one which Denver owes in the 'fubar' trade with Cleveland, which was stipulated as such: Denver would trade Peyton Hillis, their 2011 6th round pick which was then traded to Minnesota who used it to select DeMarcus Love, and conditional 2012 draft pick for Brady Quinn (What a lame ass trade that has been).

Tned
10-14-2011, 10:09 PM
No, I am sure it's a 6th round pick, the conditional pick is the one which Denver owes in the 'fubar' trade with Cleveland, which was stipulated as such: Denver would trade Peyton Hillis, their 2011 6th round pick which was then traded to Minnesota who used it to select DeMarcus Love, and conditional 2012 draft pick for Brady Quinn (What a lame ass trade that has been).

The Mays trade was originally reported as JJ or a conditional if he didn't make the roster. They must have clarified it as a 6th after JJ didn't make the roster.

Agent of Orange
10-14-2011, 10:25 PM

In Xander's interview, I think he said we dont have a 5th and/or a 6th.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-14-2011, 10:33 PM
The Eagles traded Mays to the Denver Broncos for former Arizona Cardinals running back J.J. Arrington, a team source confirmed to the Daily News. If Arrington does not make the team, the Eagles will receive a sixth-round pick in 2012.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/Eagles_acquire_JJ_Arrington_in_trade.html

Lancane
10-14-2011, 10:36 PM
In Xander's interview, I think he said we dont have a 5th and/or a 6th.

Which clarifies what I stated previously, Philadelphia got the 6th round pick from the Joe Mays trade since Arrington did make the final roster. And the 5th round pick must be the conditional pick (because they already traded the 6th) along with the 2011 6th round pick and Peyton Hillis for Brady Quinn 'fubar' trade. I bet that had we not traded for Mays, then Cleveland would have gotten this year's 6th round pick instead, so that trade is costing us even more and for what?

BeefStew25
10-15-2011, 12:18 AM
Joe Mays is worth it. He is gonna decapitate Reggie Bush, and right after I will run to the 50 and poop.

Poet
10-15-2011, 02:16 AM
Wait. I did that.

That's my point. You did it. The fans are doing it.

It's a waste of 'time' in the sense of being somewhat accurate.

It's not even a lock that Clady is on the team. It's a business and injuries happen. I watched Levi Jones go from roster lock pro bowl LT to cut in three years and only really playing in two in a snap.