PDA

View Full Version : Jay Cutler a Punk???

broncophan
12-26-2008, 04:26 AM
http://www.scoresreport.com/tag/jay-cutler-is-a-punk/

O.K..............now it may be starting to get ugly........

Will be interesting to see if any of Cutler's teammates "have his back"

Then again.......maybe Wilhelm is right???

CrazyHorse
12-26-2008, 04:51 AM
No! Philip Rivers is the real punk!

broncophan
12-26-2008, 05:04 AM
No! Philip Rivers is the real punk!

I can't argue with that.....

LoyalSoldier
12-26-2008, 05:28 AM
Which is worse. Claiming you have a very good arm (something that has some basis in reality) or mouthing off to other players and fans?

Poet
12-26-2008, 06:33 AM
Phillip Rivers is a massive man who gets up close to fans and talks crap to them.

Jay Cutler sometimes acts immature.

Phillip Rivers doesn't cuss? First off, how many grown men does anyone know here who does not occasionally swear? Maybe a few here or there, but I just flat out do not believe that a competitive (and he really is, you have to give him that) player who happens to be a raging jerk does not swear on a FOOTBALL FIELD OF ALL PLACES.

Jay Cutler thinks his arm shoots rockets into orbit....

Tough one here.:rolleyes:

Nature Boy
12-26-2008, 07:51 AM
What kind of crap thread is this? Can a mod please remove this? Ridiculous...

broncophan
12-26-2008, 08:02 AM
What kind of crap thread is this? Can a mod please remove this? Ridiculous...

When a player from an upcoming opponent starts running his mouth about our starting qb.....I think it is worth discussing......you are welcome not to post within the thread........:confused:....

I thought this was "Broncos Forums"............:confused:

Northman
12-26-2008, 08:19 AM
Jay does have some maturity issues at times and he does mouth off to other players. But i dont have a problem with that. Wilhelm cant say that his own QB is any better in that regard. I think Rivers takes it way more overboard than Jay does.

Scarface
12-26-2008, 09:20 AM
This is the Backstreet Boy that called Cutler a punk? LMAO!

http://www.chargers.com/assets/127/26029_450w380h.JPG

girler
12-26-2008, 10:28 AM
:rolleyes: If Jay was a punk, he would look like this:

http://www.2wallpaper.com/weirdspot/crazy_hair_styles2.jpg

Come to think of it, this looks kind of like Rivers... :confused:

topscribe
12-26-2008, 10:28 AM
A dolt calling a Bronco a crybaby?? http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/BIGrofl2-1.gif .. :pound: .. :lol: .. :hahaha: .. :rofl:

-----

omac
12-26-2008, 10:32 AM
Slow news day, I guess. :coffee:

Maybe Wilhelm is right? You're taking the word of a player from the biggest crybaby whiner team in the NFL?

I'm glad defensive players don't like Cutler. The ones they do like are called ... their bitches. :D

SmilinAssasSin27
12-26-2008, 10:33 AM
Slow news day, I guess. :coffee:

Maybe Wilhelm is right? You're taking the word of a player from the biggest crybaby whiner team in the NFL?

I'm glad defensive players don't like Cutler. The ones they do like are called ... their bitches. :D

Agreed...People around here always thought I hated the Browns. I would always ask them why I could hate Cleveland, they never beat us.

tomjonesrocks
12-26-2008, 11:41 AM
I don't see any new news here. These teams don't like each other. I'm shocked.

turftoad
12-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Hope this serves as motivation.

NorthernLights
12-26-2008, 12:19 PM
Not sure if you guys are aware, but most Bolt fans consider Wilhelm the weak link in the defense and would prefer he not be there at all. I would prefer he shut up and learn how to play his position a bit better.

topscribe
12-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Not sure if you guys are aware, but most Bolt fans consider Wilhelm the weak link in the defense and would prefer he not be there at all. I would prefer he shut up and learn how to play his position a bit better.

Dang, it's hard to like you, a dolts fan.

But I do . . . :confused:

-----

omac
12-26-2008, 12:31 PM

Funny how it's usually the non-factors that like to talk trash. I forgot which team's players said some bad stuff about a Bears player, then Urlacher says something like, "I don't even know who these guys are." :D

The smartest are Bellichick and the Pats. They always say nice things about opposing teams; they'll never give them anything to rally over.

JONtheBRONCO
12-26-2008, 12:52 PM
God I am really, really, really starting to hate the Chargers... I really hope Jay wrecks shit... Barrett, please, please light someone up...

NorthernLights
12-26-2008, 12:59 PM
Funny how it's usually the non-factors that like to talk trash. I forgot which team's players said some bad stuff about a Bears player, then Urlacher says something like, "I don't even know who these guys are." :D

The smartest are Bellichick and the Pats. They always say nice things about opposing teams; they'll never give them anything to rally over.

Here is some more trash talking by the Bolts but this time, it was said in jest.

“They have bad teeth,” the Chargers defensive end disclosed Wednesday. “They have bad hair. They don't know how to cook. What else don't I like about them? They watch “Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.' Who does that? Who watches “Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman?' That's what I want to know. I heard the Denver Broncos watch it. I'm just sayin'.”

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2008/dec/24/s25sullivan195235-theres-real-bad-blood-beyond-pla/?chargers

This is the type of trash talking I can handle.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-26-2008, 01:22 PM
LOVE the Supercuts reference...classic.

Gamechanger
12-26-2008, 01:27 PM
Bulletein Board Material Much?

Here is some more trash talking by the Bolts but this time, it was said in jest.

“They have bad teeth,” the Chargers defensive end disclosed Wednesday. “They have bad hair. They don't know how to cook. What else don't I like about them? They watch “Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.' Who does that? Who watches “Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman?' That's what I want to know. I heard the Denver Broncos watch it. I'm just sayin'.”

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2008/dec/24/s25sullivan195235-theres-real-bad-blood-beyond-pla/?chargers

This is the type of trash talking I can handle.

Jacques Cesaire's trash talking= epic win

Magnificent Seven
12-26-2008, 03:16 PM
Jim McMahon was a truly punk in 80's. He was an airhead big time. He wore Adidas headband, black sunglasses, put some gel on his hair, and chew some bubble gums.

Watchthemiddle
12-26-2008, 06:54 PM
Wow this is a shocker. Chargers players and fans suck because they don't like our QB or our team. I am willing to bet the same is said on their side when we calling RIvers a cry baby and don't like their team.

Personally, I believe Cutler has a lot of growing up to do still. If that makes him a punk, then he is a punk. If he needs to keep his composure better and because he loses his composure is a punk, then he is a punk. If he needs to be a better leader and the lack of leadership and pouting makes him a punk, then he is a punk.

omac
12-26-2008, 10:48 PM
Wow this is a shocker. Chargers players and fans suck because they don't like our QB or our team. I am willing to bet the same is said on their side when we calling RIvers a cry baby and don't like their team.

Personally, I believe Cutler has a lot of growing up to do still. If that makes him a punk, then he is a punk. If he needs to keep his composure better and because he loses his composure is a punk, then he is a punk. If he needs to be a better leader and the lack of leadership and pouting makes him a punk, then he is a punk.

I don't think people realize just how grown up Cutler is, how composed he plays while shouldering the offensive load, and how the offensive players respond to his leadership.

He's way ahead of the curve. :cheers:

Greatspirits
12-26-2008, 11:09 PM
If Cutty wants to get away from the Punk, Whiney attitude he's been labeled then he just needs to win. Bottem line. Yes, he's opened his mouth about a few things but winning backs it all up. Losing just opens him up to more negative comments.
|
|
|
|
|

topscribe
12-27-2008, 12:04 AM
What's all this about Cutler and whining and pouting and all that? Can anyone
point out specific incidents where he did that? I don't mean where it might
have looked to you like he was doing it but it could have been interpreted
differently. I mean where it is obvious. Because I have not seen that. It think
maybe all you who are doing this are putting a jacket on him that he does not
merit.

Regarding winning, you think it might make a difference if he had some help
from the defense and special teams?

-----

Superchop 7
12-27-2008, 12:27 AM
Yes, Jay has some issues..... (actually 1.....I've seen both of you (John /Jay)throw in your heyday.......son......no way in hell your arm is stronger.........and....as a word of advice......you don't tug on supermans cape in these parts to begin with)

But Rivers ? Thats the "motherlode" of idiotic behaviour.

C'mon.

I have to keep a flow chart just to keep up with his moronic endeavors.

Simply put, we are talking about the square root of dumbass.

Someday, they will erect monuments to his stupidity.

When he dies, his gravestone will read " Never knew his ass from a hole in the ground"

Seriously, why do you think the NFL wants games out of the country ? They want him gone.

sneakers
12-27-2008, 09:15 AM
I was expecting a picture of a 15-year old Jay with a mohawk and an Offspring t-shirt....how wrong I was.

topscribe
12-27-2008, 10:56 AM
Yes, Jay has some issues..... (actually 1.....I've seen both of you (John /Jay)throw in your heyday.......son......no way in hell your arm is stronger.........and....as a word of advice......you don't tug on supermans cape in these parts to begin with)

But Rivers ? Thats the "motherlode" of idiotic behaviour.

C'mon.

I have to keep a flow chart just to keep up with his moronic endeavors.

Simply put, we are talking about the square root of dumbass.

Someday, they will erect monuments to his stupidity.

When he dies, his gravestone will read " Never knew his ass from a hole in the ground"

Seriously, why do you think the NFL wants games out of the country ? They want him gone.

Well, Chop, I appreciate what you're saying, but, once again, I saw the
original interview where Cutler was supposed to have claimed his arm is
stronger than Elway's, and he was giving his sheepish grin and giving the
remark in a tongue-in-cheek way after being goaded into it by the "journalist."
In other words, it wasn't like he just blurted it out in a braggadocio way.
Then, of course, the media blew it up and made a big deal out of it.

I think Cutler reacted afterward as I might have, like "you guys blew it out of
proportion, but I don't give a shit. I'm not going to explain it to you again." I
think Cutler sometimes gets a little irritated with the idiocy of some of those
"journalists," and so would I. As a matter of fact, I do now.

-----

D1g1tal j1m
12-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Jay does need a haircut (and some damn style). But I will take him over Rivers any day of the week.

ChargER4lyfe
12-30-2008, 04:05 AM
Jay Cutler IS a punk. He automatically thinks Rivers was jeering him from the sidelines when Rivers was clearly giving the "Atta baby" to his defense (read his lips...) And besides, in addition to clearly being the best QB in the league he still lead the Chargers to the playoffs. Win or lose for us next Saturday, we still made it to the playoffs. Win or lose for us next weekend, I'm still watching Charger football. Have a great off season, gentlemen.

LordTrychon
12-30-2008, 04:11 AM
Jay Cutler IS a punk. He automatically thinks Rivers was jeering him from the sidelines when Rivers was clearly giving the "Atta baby" to his defense (read his lips...) And besides, in addition to clearly being the best QB in the league he still lead the Chargers to the playoffs. Win or lose for us next Saturday, we still made it to the playoffs. Win or lose for us next weekend, I'm still watching Charger football. Have a great off season, gentlemen.

Sidelines? Ok...

I suppose the waving was for his mom in the stands as well?

JKcatch724
12-30-2008, 04:14 AM

Waste of life, space, and time. Nobody cares what you think.

Poet
12-30-2008, 05:22 AM

First off, who the hell calls another man baby?

Second off, he gave eye contact to Cutler, was yelling, and was surrounded by other Charger players doing the same thing.

Northman
12-30-2008, 06:32 AM

I cant believe Charger fans are this clueless. Rivers admits to jawing with Cutler from the sidelines and you guys still try and play it off otherwise. But that is too be expected from you guys. As for the rest of your comment, yes, it is admirable what Rivers has done this year after a 4-8 start. But, you also got major help from a very bad Denver team that should of never been in that position to begin with. So in essence, Denver overachieved and San Diego underachieved. The question is can SD make a run and i guess we will find out Saturday.

Sotally Tober
12-30-2008, 07:48 AM
I know this sort of falls in as smack and I'm on thin ice here with that but this is a legitimate, albeit biased and poorly written, article taking the "punk" issue and adding on Cutler's most recent gems.

It's from http://bleacherreport.com/articles/98033-is-jay-cutler-a-punk/page/2

"I don't know, you tell me."

A phrase that can be heard at a Jay Cutler press conference.

In between rolling his eyes and giving curt responses, the phrase "I don't know, you tell me," is a point at which you know the press conference is about to end.

Not because all the questions have been asked. Or all the answers have been given.

Because the subject is unwilling to respond in a civilized manner.

Jay Cutler has been described as spoiled, smug, a guy with the personality of a doorstop.

But the one description that is sticking the most is, Jay Cutler is a punk.

In a radio interview with Kevin Acee, Matt Wilhelm touched on this when he said, "He is a punk, I'm just not a huge fan of his. He and Tony Gonzalez are the biggest crybabies in the league."

Where does Wilhelm's animosity stem from? Much of it can be traced back to Christmas Eve 2007.

The Chargers were facing the Broncos and the Chargers were about to defeat a Cutler-led Broncos team for the fourth straight time. Both teams were doing a lot of talking. But Cutler decided to take it one step further.

What did Cutler say?

"If I could, I would say them," Wilhelm said. "But they're unfit for ... radio. They're something that probably only happens on the football field or when you're extremely, extremely angry at someone."

Yet Philip Rivers is widely thought responsible for the "trash talking." Why is this?

Partially this comes from Cutler's comments in regards to Philip Rivers. Cutler said, "I’m just not that big of a fan of the guy.” Cutler continued, “I don’t like how he carries himself. I don’t like some of the stuff he does on the field.”

But the main reason for this perception is the cameras only captured Philip Rivers responding to Jay Cutler during that Christmas Eve game. Rivers can be seen saying "atta baby" as well as "the ball is over there" in Cutler's direction.

As Eric Allen pointed out on Colin Cowherd's radio program, what the audience saw at home doesn't tell the whole story.

"What people don't realize is there is lots of stuff going on on a football field," Allen said.

"People don't know, when I'm looking at film I see some things that happen after the play because I'm looking at the film, the team's copy. I'm not gonna say what part of the anatomy that Denver's quarterback was grabbing. But he was making some gestures that uh, weren't PG TV."

Allen continued, "One of the things that Philip Rivers is is he's one of the guys. And when you have quarterbacks like that they're OK to stand by the defense. It's like "Hey, you know what, this is my football team if you are gonna talk I'm gonna give it right back to ya." And that's how he's been and that how he'll continue to be."

One part of that Eric Allen interview stands out. The term "one of the guys."

Something Jay Cutler might know little about.

Not with cameras catching him bad-mouthing his wide receivers on the field (hopefully the kids at home can't read lips).

Bad mouthing his defense in the press.

Calling out his star wide receiver in the offseason.

All the while displaying a healthy dose of arrogance.

The same arrogance that led him to proclaim that there was no team with a better chance to reach the Super Bowl than the Broncos.

The same arrogance that lead him tell The Sporting News' Steve Greenberg, "I have a stronger arm than John, hands down. I'll bet on it against anybody's in the league. Brett Favre's got a cannon. But on game days, there's nobody in the league who's going to throw it harder than I am at all."

That's the type of thinking that displays why he is second in the NFL in interceptions. As Peter King commented, "sometimes he forces balls into coverage that are just plain bad decisions. Check out his second-quarter throw with three Panthers around his receiver. Pick."

So, while critics question Cutler's leadership skills, and others question his on-field decisions and demeanor, I think a good place to look is at his comments to the media and his post-game press conferences.

Between eye rolls and one-word answers you have a press conferences where, after a total collapse to the Chargers, you can hear such unoriginal statements as, "We really can’t stop anybody." Or, "We stopped ourselves. They didn't stop us once today."

A press conference where he was asked about the Chargers chances and replied with, “San Diego? No, I don’t think so. I think Indy’ll handle ‘em pretty good."

A press conference where once again he refuses to be gracious in defeat.

Where once again he can't help but throw teammates under the bus.

Where once again he belittles his opponents.

It begs the question, is Jay Cutler a punk?

I don't know, you tell me.

LordTrychon
12-30-2008, 08:42 AM
I know this sort of falls in as smack and I'm on thin ice here with that but this is a legitimate, albeit biased and poorly written, article taking the "punk" issue and adding on Cutler's most recent gems.

Hey look! We agree! :salute:

topscribe
12-30-2008, 10:22 AM

Biased and poorly written, but it is legitimate. :look:

I guess nothing more needs to be said. You made it pretty convenient by
shooting your own self down. :laugh:

-----

NightTrainLayne
12-30-2008, 10:32 AM
To pile on the "biased and poorly written" comment, those quotes from Jay in the last few paragraphs of the article are from an on-the-field interview right after the game. Not in a press conference.

Jay needs to learn to censor himself better and tone down the confidence/arrogance, but a comment on the field is going to be much different than a comment in a press conference after he's had a chance to cool off.

broncophan
12-30-2008, 10:37 AM
I cant believe Charger fans are this clueless. Rivers admits to jawing with Cutler from the sidelines and you guys still try and play it off otherwise. But that is too be expected from you guys. As for the rest of your comment, yes, it is admirable what Rivers has done this year after a 4-8 start. But, you also got major help from a very bad Denver team that should of never been in that position to begin with. So in essence, Denver overachieved and San Diego underachieved. The question is can SD make a run and i guess we will find out Saturday.

"Denver overachieved and finished with an 8-8 record"...........I
agree with your statement.......but that is scary.....

topscribe
12-30-2008, 10:41 AM
To pile on the "biased and poorly written" comment, those quotes from Jay in the last few paragraphs of the article are from an on-the-field interview right after the game. Not in a press conference.

Jay needs to learn to censor himself better and tone down the confidence/arrogance, but a comment on the field is going to be much different than a comment in a press conference after he's had a chance to cool off.

In fact, in the post-game presser, Jay was asked about the defense, and he
responded that all three units -- offense, defense, and STs -- are going to
have to pick up their game. Here, he was asked specifically about the defense,
whereas in the other instance he was asked about who would win the SD/Indy
game and why.

-----

Sotally Tober
12-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Well I never heard the Eric Allen comments before. Wilhelm touched on it too right after the incident so that is two people who claim Cutler grabbed his crotch. I don't know, I could see Cutler doing that.
One more thing - "they didn't stop us once."
Uh, yeah they did.

NightTrainLayne
12-30-2008, 12:00 PM
Well I never heard the Eric Allen comments before. Wilhelm touched on it too right after the incident so that is two people who claim Cutler grabbed his crotch. I don't know, I could see Cutler doing that.
One more thing - "they didn't stop us once."
Uh, yeah they did.

Give me a break. You think he just "grabbed his crotch" out of the blue? I would imagine that that was in response to something said. . .which could have been in response to something Jay said, who knows?

Bottom line is these teams don't like each other, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn about anything either side had done to insult the other.

But you don't hear or see other teams complaining about Cutler's mouth or actions, so it makes me wonder how much of it is a rival doing it's best to get under a young QB's skin.

Sotally Tober
12-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Give me a break. You think he just "grabbed his crotch" out of the blue? I would imagine that that was in response to something said. . .which could have been in response to something Jay said, who knows?

Bottom line is these teams don't like each other, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn about anything either side had done to insult the other.

But you don't hear or see other teams complaining about Cutler's mouth or actions, so it makes me wonder how much of it is a rival doing it's best to get under a young QB's skin.

I'm taking the Phil Rivers'/Sarah Palin? approach (Shocking I know!). It's the media trying to make something out of nothing. THEY want there to be QB feud because, let's face it - these two are gonna be here a while. And Cutler is helping feed the fire with his statements and if it is San Diego trying to get under his skin, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

girler
12-30-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm taking the Phil Rivers'/Sarah Palin? approach (Shocking I know!). It's the media trying to make something out of nothing. THEY want there to be QB feud because, let's face it - these two are gonna be here a while. And Cutler is helping feed the fire with his statements and if it is San Diego trying to get under his skin, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Who was it who ran over and sat on the other team's bench? Talk about kicking a team who is down. Who's the punk now? :rolleyes:

Northman
12-30-2008, 12:20 PM

Have to agree. Rivers is a douchebag for flapping his gums at Cutler but in the end Rivers has moved on from it while Jay continues to dwell and be a sourpuss about it. At the end of the day you have to let your playing do the talking and right now its quite obvious Phil is in his head. Meanwhile, Rivers goes out and takes care of business and laughs the entire way. As you said, mission accomplished.

topscribe
12-30-2008, 12:21 PM

Which vividly demonstrates that you don't know Cutler very well.

That he doesn't like Phyllis shows me that he is a good judge of character.

-----

Northman
12-30-2008, 12:22 PM
Who was it who ran over and sat on the other team's bench? Talk about kicking a team who is down. Who's the punk now? :rolleyes:

I think that was kind of funny honestly. It is a jab at the Broncos but its just more proof that Phil can get under their skin which works to their advantage.

SBboundBRONCOS
12-30-2008, 12:26 PM
does anyone else find it slightly ironic that the d-bag that called cutler a punk was the guy on our second KR i believe to throw his entire arm into the head of chad jackson while he was on the ground??

NightTrainLayne
12-30-2008, 12:27 PM
He didn't sit on the bench to taunt them.

He couldn't get stopped, and he could have either tumbled over the bench (my preference) or sit down. He didn't mean anything by it, but it was kinda funny.

Marshall was just "WTF? How did you get here?"

NightTrainLayne
12-30-2008, 12:28 PM
does anyone else find it slightly ironic that the d-bag that called cutler a punk was the guy on our second KR i believe to throw his entire arm into the head of chad jackson while he was on the ground??

I can't believe that didn't get called. The ref was right on top of it. I rewound the DVR three time to make sure I saw it right. It was blatant. .. but it probably hurt his elbow more than it did Jackson's head.

girler
12-30-2008, 12:30 PM
I think that was kind of funny honestly. It is a jab at the Broncos but its just more proof that Phil can get under their skin which works to their advantage.

I guess it depends how far ahead they were when he did it. I am pretty sure if the roles were reversed, SD's fans would be calling for Jay's head. :rolleyes:

I am totally not feeling guilty about my sig now though. :laugh: :salute:

topscribe
12-30-2008, 12:32 PM

I can't believe that didn't get called. The ref was right on top of it. I rewound the DVR three time to make sure I saw it right. It was blatant. .. but it probably hurt his elbow more than it did Jackson's head.

Remember the adage, "It takes one to know one"?

------

Northman
12-30-2008, 12:33 PM
I guess it depends how far ahead they were when he did it. I am pretty sure if the roles were reversed, SD's fans would be calling for Jay's head. :rolleyes:

I am totally not feeling guilty about my sig now though. :laugh: :salute:

And you shouldnt, its awesome. :D

topscribe
12-30-2008, 12:34 PM
Have to agree. Rivers is a douchebag for flapping his gums at Cutler but in the end Rivers has moved on from it while Jay continues to dwell and be a sourpuss about it. At the end of the day you have to let your playing do the talking and right now its quite obvious Phil is in his head. Meanwhile, Rivers goes out and takes care of business and laughs the entire way. As you said, mission accomplished.

I don't think it hurt Jay's performance any. He passed the dolts dizzy . . .

-----

Northman
12-30-2008, 12:36 PM
I don't think it hurt Jay's performance any. He passed the dolts dizzy . . .

-----

Nah, but you can tell by his demeanor that it bothers him. If it didnt he wouldnt bother going out of his way to say he hates them. I wouldnt want to give an opposing team bulletin material no matter how i felt about them.

Sotally Tober
12-30-2008, 12:38 PM

I'm really upset there isn't a video cause I don't think it was intentional. Rivers runs like a dork, really top heavy and so he barely runs. When he does he throws so much effort into it and it's difficult for him to stop the motion so when he got to the bench he just sat down. got right back up and a couple Broncos gave him the standard pat on the shoulder as he ran back onto the field.

NightTrainLayne
12-30-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm really upset there isn't a video cause I don't think it was intentional. Rivers runs like a dork, really top heavy and so he barely runs. When he does he throws so much effort into it and it's difficult for him to stop the motion so when he got to the bench he just sat down. got right back up and a couple Broncos gave him the standard pat on the shoulder as he ran back onto the field.

I loved Madden's remark. "You know. . .Phillip Rivers can't run a lick." :lol:

girler
12-30-2008, 12:41 PM

Oh, ok. I turned the game off so I didn't even see. :tongue: I will back off this point. :girl:

topscribe
12-30-2008, 12:41 PM
Nah, but you can tell by his demeanor that it bothers him. If it didnt he wouldnt bother going out of his way to say he hates them. I wouldnt want to give an opposing team bulletin material no matter how i felt about them.

That's just it. Jay does not go out of his way to say he hates Phyllis. Every
single time he has even commented on it was in direct response from the
press, who has incessantly asked him about it. Jay is honest. He answers
them honestly.

And he never once mentioned the word "hate" or any synonym thereof. He
would just brush it off with a "we're not the best of friends" type of remark.
He did once mention that he has not forgotten, and that's fine. I haven't,
either, and Phyllis doesn't even know me.

-----

Sotally Tober
12-30-2008, 12:49 PM
I agree. Cutler falls for the media bait. I mean so did Wilhelm and boy! do we wish it wasn't him. Shaun Philips, "It's over and done with." Philip Rivers - "I don't understand why the media blows it out of proportion. It happened. We're both trying to get our team wins and that is most important, not some rivalry." Mat Wilhelm, who does nothing but flop to make it look like he's trying and hasn't recorded anywhere near the number of tackles or sacks he should be, goes off and calls him a "punk."
Hey Mat Wilhelm - ****! You do nothing for us!

BroncoNut
12-30-2008, 01:27 PM
I like Jay the way he is. I like his hair and I like the way he talks.