PDA

View Full Version : Lloyd headed to Washington?

Skacorica
10-13-2011, 07:33 AM
I have been in DC all week and the buzz all week was that Washington was going to trade for a WR. Now I just saw this...

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2011/10/13/2487341/nfl-trade-rumors-denver-broncos-brandon-lloyd

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/891839-nfl-trade-rumors-denver-broncos-offering-up-brandon-lloyd

Who knows if its just more speculation, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

MOtorboat
10-13-2011, 07:44 AM
He seems to have the same track record as the gentleman tweeting the D.J. Williams trade last night.

Tned
10-13-2011, 07:45 AM
I just had a Twitter exchange with a regular listener to the Vic and Gary show that I sometimes chat with in their chat room. He said Incarcerated Bob, the source of this rumor, is simply a regular caller/fan into WFAN in NY. Anyone that's followed this Bob guy knows that he has a constant stream of #Breaking News# Tweets, virtually none of which come true. So, while possible, the source is very, very suspect.

Northman
10-13-2011, 07:52 AM
Yea, i seriously doubt this is true.

TXBRONC
10-13-2011, 08:03 AM
I have been in DC all week and the buzz all week was that Washington was going to trade for a WR. Now I just saw this...

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2011/10/13/2487341/nfl-trade-rumors-denver-broncos-brandon-lloyd

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/891839-nfl-trade-rumors-denver-broncos-offering-up-brandon-lloyd

Who knows if its just more speculation, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I don't think there is any doubt this pure speculation.

Dreadnought
10-13-2011, 08:26 AM
I just had a Twitter exchange with a regular listener to the Vic and Gary show that I sometimes chat with in their chat room. He said Incarcerated Bob, the source of this rumor, is simply a regular caller/fan into WFAN in NY. Anyone that's followed this Bob guy knows that he has a constant stream of #Breaking News# Tweets, virtually none of which come true. So, while possible, the source is very, very suspect.

"Incarcerated Bob"? That's actually his handle? Well, I'd trust everything the guy says then. What could go wrong there?

BroncoNut
10-13-2011, 09:00 AM
wasn't he there before? I'm pretty sure he was

Jagsbch
10-13-2011, 09:02 AM
I hate seeing Lloyd go, hate it with a passion, but if he must, then package Lloyd and Orton for a second round pick.

BroncoNut
10-13-2011, 09:05 AM
I hate seeing Lloyd go, hate it with a passion, but if he must, then package Lloyd and Orton for a second round pick.

yeah, Washington will be all over that

I Eat Staples
10-13-2011, 09:11 AM
I'd really like to see Lloyd get traded. His contract will be up so we might as well get value for him. Build for the future, we have many needs and WR is a very expendable position.

BroncoNut
10-13-2011, 09:12 AM
I'd really like to see Lloyd get traded. His contract will be up so we might as well get value for him. Build for the future, we have many needs and WR is a very expendable position.

wrong

BroncoNut
10-13-2011, 09:15 AM
wrong

let me edit this somewhat. I do think you have a point in the expendibiliy of WRs, but Lloyd is a special one right now. I'm not so sure I'm ready to put my mouth on that one at this time

MasterShake
10-13-2011, 09:15 AM

I hope both the Lloyd and D.J. Williams trade rumors turn out to be true. We have a pretty good core at WR, and though I like Lloyd he's gonna want his money soon. Also I think Woodyard is outplaying D.J. this year so I could care less if we lost him. At this point I don't mind seeing us build for the future, its better than trying to patch up what we have with Free Agents. Trade off some vets and get some more picks. Green Bay is proof of how building through the draft can reap many rewards. Now, I know you still have to draft wisely, but its a start. :lol:

Jagsbch
10-13-2011, 09:22 AM
I guess Grossmans 48.5 QB rating last week pretty much has him locked in position as the be all end all in Washington. I mean who can beat his less than 5 yard average per attempt that he had last week. I mean you would have to be retarded to even dream of bringing in another QB to the organization, especially with John Beck as your back up.:D:D

Grossmans 6 TD to 8 turnover ratio is out of this world, no way would the Redskins ever dream of entertaining the notion of going with another QB, or at even taking the opportunity to having a back up of the same calliber eh?:salute:

BroncoNut
10-13-2011, 09:24 AM
I guess Grossmans 48.5 QB rating last week pretty much has him locked in position as the be all end all in Washington. I mean who can beat his less than 5 yard average per attempt that he had last week. I mean you would have to be retarded to even dream of bringing in another QB to the organization, especially with John Beck as your back up.:D:D

Grossmans 6 TD to 8 turnover ratio is out of this world, no way would the Redskins ever dream of entertaining the notion of going with another QB, or at even taking the opportunity to having a back up of the same calliber eh?:salute:

you and your QB ratings. Yeah, I'm sure Washington's really interested in putting their faith in an unproven veteran given their situation right now. You are so full of shit

OMorange&blue
10-13-2011, 09:26 AM
Man this thread's got nut ALL fired up.

BroncoNut
10-13-2011, 09:28 AM
Man this thread's got nut ALL fired up.

I don't mean to get all fired up, sorry about that. I get emotional sometimes.

Northman
10-13-2011, 09:29 AM

Well, once we see Tebow play vs Miami and he throws more than a couple of passes we will see where his QB rating falls. Right now its just a small sample size. But with that in mind Wash has both Grossman and Beck, both are better options than Orton right now especially considering Orton was benched in favor of Grossman while in Chicago.

Skacorica
10-13-2011, 09:34 AM
Trading Lloyd + Orton for a second round pick is a bad deal, unless it saves us $$ on Orton's contract.

Lloyd himself is worth a second, if a team feels they need a receiver to put themselves closer to contention.

I do believe Orton would still be an upgrade for say, Seattle or Miami.

vandammage13
10-13-2011, 09:42 AM
Trading Lloyd + Orton for a second round pick is a bad deal, unless it saves us $$ on Orton's contract.

Lloyd himself is worth a second, if a team feels they need a receiver to put themselves closer to contention.

I do believe Orton would still be an upgrade for say, Seattle or Miami.

Any money saved on the remainder of Orton's contract only helps Bowlen's personal pocket for this season, not the team's.

If Orton were somehow to be dealt, its not like the Broncos would spend that saved $$ on a big dollar FA this season...

We're not adding anyone until next year anyway, and Orton's contract will be gone in 2012 regardless.

Thnikkaman
10-13-2011, 09:45 AM
I don't mean to get all fired up, sorry about that. I get emotional sometimes.

Nut, it's totally appropriate here.

BroncoJoe
Keep Lloyd. Tebow will probably need his circus catches.

MOtorboat
I think it's funny that this has morphed from Lloyd to Washington, via some bogus twit, er, tweet, in New York City, to Denver dumping Orton and Lloyd for a second round pick to Washington...

Someone will tweet this and it will go viral... :lol:

BroncoNut
10-13-2011, 09:48 AM
Nut, it's totally appropriate here.

ah, I should temper my passions more often. But we've been working on that in group

Dreadnought
10-13-2011, 09:52 AM
I think it's funny that this has morphed from Lloyd to Washington, via some bogus twit, er, tweet, in New York City, to Denver dumping Orton and Lloyd for a second round pick to Washington...

Someone will tweet this and it will go viral... :lol:

No. Its true. Incarcerated Bob said so on twitter

Skacorica
10-13-2011, 09:58 AM
No. Its true. Incarcerated Bob said so on twitter

Actually its a combination of rumors :)

Dreadnought
10-13-2011, 10:00 AM

Even better

BroncoNut
10-13-2011, 10:02 AM
who here twitters? I'm thinking about getting into that.

I Eat Staples
10-13-2011, 10:02 AM
Orton is better than Grossman. The chances of Washington making a trade for him are virtually zero however.

MOtorboat
10-13-2011, 10:04 AM

Both go back to @incarceratedbob

Not that this is the most credible place, either, but...

http://nfldraftmonsters.com/news/is-incarceratedbob-a-complete-fraud/

Ravage!!!
10-13-2011, 10:06 AM
let me edit this somewhat. I do think you have a point in the expendibiliy of WRs, but Lloyd is a special one right now. I'm not so sure I'm ready to put my mouth on that one at this time

Lloyd is not a special one. He has had ONE good year in his career, and right now he's looking like the same WR we saw for the first 6 years of his career. He's nearly invisible.

BroncoNut
10-13-2011, 10:10 AM
Lloyd is not a special one. He has had ONE good year in his career, and right now he's looking like the same WR we saw for the first 6 years of his career. He's nearly invisible.

that's your opinion and that's fine. I've followed him for several years and have a different opinion on the matter.

Northman
10-13-2011, 10:11 AM
that's your opinion and that's fine. I've followed him for several years and have a different opinion on the matter.

You've stalked Brandon Lloyd? You never told me this.

slim
10-13-2011, 10:12 AM

I agree.

He likely won't be here next year anyway. So if they can get something for him, they need to do it.

BroncoNut
10-13-2011, 10:13 AM
You've stalked Brandon Lloyd? You never told me this.

yeah, I watched him quite a bit. He's a special talent imo. can do things many can't.

Nomad
10-13-2011, 10:18 AM
So if Johnson is Megatron, what would that make Lloyd...any of you Transformer buffs out there?

GEM
10-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Bleacher Report....when the hell are people going to figure it out that every time you view that shithole you lose football IQ.

GEM
10-13-2011, 10:19 AM
So if Johnson is Megatron, what would that make Lloyd...any of you Transformer buffs out there?

Bumble bee?

Northman
10-13-2011, 10:25 AM

Bumblebee

Nomad
10-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Bumble bee?

Bumblebee

Now we have established his new Transformer nickname......run it through the tweetwire!:D

One good thing is he has some hot chicks sit on his seat!

slim
10-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Is bumblebee the gay transformer?

GEM
10-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Hell, I dunno. That was the only other one I knew besides Optimus Prime. :laugh:

BroncoNut
10-13-2011, 10:36 AM
wtf? start a Transformer thread morons.

Now on this Lloyd trade. It will be interesting to see it the rumor and speculation comes truth

Northman
10-13-2011, 10:38 AM

Now on this Lloyd trade. It will be interesting to see it the rumor and speculation comes truth

**** Starscream.

Rex
10-13-2011, 10:38 AM
Hey GEM, clean it up and keep on topic

TIA

slim
10-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Rex, I think you need to send her a strongly worded PM.

Rex
10-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Rex, I think you need to send her a strongly worded PM.

Good idea.

Or I will have NTL send her a certified letter

Nomad
10-13-2011, 10:42 AM
nut's pissed because we're dissing his boytoy, Lloyd.

BroncoNut
10-13-2011, 10:43 AM
nut's pissed because we're dissing his boytoy, Lloyd.

not really Nomad. I like the dark horses, and I did like him early on in the NFL. Saw him make a great catch one time and I went with it.

Rex
10-13-2011, 10:43 AM
not really Nomad. I like the dark horses, and I did like him early on in the NFL. Saw him make a great catch one time and I went with it.

Dont take any crap off the transformers Nut.

I know you liked Lloyd early on. You were right. They can suck it.

BigDaddyBronco
10-13-2011, 10:44 AM
Good idea.

Or I will have NTL send her a certified letter

Postage due.

GEM
10-13-2011, 12:26 PM

There is no ******* trade, moron. Some buffoon sitting at home at his computer in his Redskins underoos decided he wants Lloyd. He decided to create some twitters and some bullshit bleacher report article in the hopes of getting Lloyd out in DC.

You're so gullible, dufus.

MOtorboat
10-13-2011, 12:31 PM
There is no ******* trade, moron. Some buffoon sitting at home at his computer in his Redskins underoos decided he wants Lloyd. He decided to create some twitters and some bullshit bleacher report article in the hopes of getting Lloyd out in DC.

He's actually a Jet fan.

Northman
10-13-2011, 12:35 PM

Nevermind "Sky Lynx" (Thats his Transformer name via generator. lol) he is on his period lately. :laugh:

MOtorboat
10-13-2011, 12:37 PM
Tinker...I saw that.

dogfish
10-13-2011, 12:40 PM
He's actually a Jet fan.

nut is a jet's fan?

slim
10-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Tinker...I saw that.

Say what now?

BroncoNut
10-13-2011, 12:42 PM

O.K. Nancy Drew

BroncoNut
10-13-2011, 12:42 PM
nut is a jet's fan?

no. bronco fan

MOtorboat
10-13-2011, 12:43 PM
nut is a jet's fan?

No, the fan starting rumors from his mother's basement. The D.J. Williams trade rumor guy is an Eagle fan, btw...

slim
10-13-2011, 12:44 PM
O.K. Nancy Drew

knock it off or you are going to make GEM and Dread get off their fat asses...do you really want to go down that road?

BroncoNut
10-13-2011, 12:45 PM
why do people start rumors?

Skacorica
10-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Both go back to @incarceratedbob

Not that this is the most credible place, either, but...

http://nfldraftmonsters.com/news/is-incarceratedbob-a-complete-fraud/

Thats a great find. Sounds like I could do just as well as he could by picking a team, a round and a name out of a hat.

"<Jason Witten> is being traded to <Buffalo> for a <First> round pick"

Lancane
10-13-2011, 01:15 PM
NFL.com is also reported some trades that one of their columnists' thought would be good moves...though in truth it was stupid because of what all he said the Broncos should do.

But, I don't think trading Orton for a conditional pick, Lloyd for a second round pick or DJ Williams for a third or fourth is all that big of a deal. We're down two draft picks for the 2012 NFL Draft, after the season we retain zero rights for Lloyd or Orton, we sure the hell won't franchise them, so why the hell not? Lloyd was great for the team last year, but this season he's barely surpassed 50 yards receiving a game, Orton is done except as a backup and DJ Williams is good, but no so good that he can not be replaced by someone better. For those who think we shouldn't trade them...how do we build through the draft and become a more talented team if we don't trade people to gain valuable picks before they simply walk away and go to another team for nothing?

Nomad
10-13-2011, 01:20 PM
NFL.com is also reported some trades that one of their columnists' thought would be good moves...though in truth it was stupid because of what all he said the Broncos should do.

But, I don't think trading Orton for a conditional pick, Lloyd for a second round pick or DJ Williams for a third or fourth is all that big of a deal. We're down two draft picks for the 2012 NFL Draft, after the season we retain zero rights for Lloyd or Orton, we sure the hell won't franchise them, so why the hell not? Lloyd was great for the team last year, but this season he's barely surpassed 50 yards receiving a game, Orton is done except as a backup and DJ Williams is good, but no so good that he can not be replaced by someone better. For those who think we shouldn't trade them...how do we build through the draft and become a more talented team if we don't trade people to gain valuable picks before they simply walk away and go to another team for nothing?

Obviously, the Lloyd talk is a big deal to nutter!:lol:

slim
10-13-2011, 01:21 PM

I would trade Lloyd, Orton, DJ and maybe even Champ (does a rebuilding team really need to spend that much on an aging CB?)

Assuming you could find reasonable trade partners, of course.

Lancane
10-13-2011, 01:36 PM
I would trade Lloyd, Orton, DJ and maybe even Champ (does a rebuilding team really need to spend that much on an aging CB?)

Assuming you could find reasonable trade partners, of course.

I don't see Champ going anywhere, he's been apart of the Denver and Bronco culture for far too long. But as for Williams, Orton and Lloyd, I completely agree.

We need to get younger and more talented!

slim
10-13-2011, 01:40 PM
I don't see Champ going anywhere, he's been apart of the Denver and Bronco culture for far too long. But as for Williams, Orton and Lloyd, I completely agree.

We need to get younger and more talented!

Yeah, I don't think they will trade Champ, but I think they probably should.

BroncoNut
10-13-2011, 01:41 PM
knock it off or you are going to make GEM and Dread get off their fat asses...do you really want to go down that road?

Dread would bring the von and Gem would bring the Boom. No thanks.

silkamilkamonico
10-13-2011, 01:41 PM
I think we should make an appreciation trade for everything he has done for Denver and trade him to a team that can win a championship. He deserves at least that much.

Thnikkaman
10-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Tinker...I saw that.

Yeah, BDB beat me to it.

dogfish
10-13-2011, 06:15 PM

negative. . . full salary floor will be in effect in a year or two. . . would you rather they overpay some mediocre FAs over an aging but still HIGHLY effective HOFer? we missed the boat to score some legit young talent in this unique past off-season-- next year the talent pool will be back down to normal FA size, which means very, very few legit young talents available. . . if you have faith in this organization to attract someone from that top tier of a half-dozen or so true premium players, i don't share it. . .

more so, not only is bailey our only elite corner, he's our only corner that even belongs on an NFL field. . . while i agree that building for the future absolutely trumps current on-field performance for this team, this year, i do question completely hamstringing your defensive rebuild by trading the only cover guy you have. . . lloyd is expendable because we have an emerging young WR in decker, and a number of intruiging young prospects with developmental upside, including two athletic TEs. . . that cupboard isn't totally bare-- it really is at corner. . .

pnbronco
10-14-2011, 12:26 AM

Slim do not make me hunt you down and hurt you!!!! No we will not be trading Champ, unless somehow Luck is involved....I can't believe I just wrote that. No we will not be trading Champ............evil smile.....

dogfish
10-14-2011, 12:36 AM
Slim do not make me hunt you down and hurt you!!!! No we will not be trading Champ, unless somehow Luck is involved....I can't believe I just wrote that. No we will not be trading Champ............evil smile.....

see, there ya go fatass. . .

:defense:

BroncoNut
10-14-2011, 06:43 AM

go play with your transformers. Maybe one can turn into a dildo