PDA

View Full Version : As Tim Tebow takes over, Broncos say "don't blame Kyle Orton"

Denver Native (Carol)
10-12-2011, 10:43 PM
from article:

"Inside this building, we're aware of the type of energy and passion he brings to so many people," said John Elway, the Broncos' football operations boss. "He's the type of guy where everybody wants to see him succeed. Believe me, he has no bigger fan than me or John Fox inside this building. Now we have to do whatever we can as a team to help Tim be successful."

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19093317

TXBRONC
10-12-2011, 10:51 PM
from article:

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19093317

I don't completely agree with Klis. Orton was a big reason Denver is struggling.

BroncoStud
10-12-2011, 10:59 PM
I'll blame Orton. He has held back this offense for too long now.

jlarsiii
10-12-2011, 11:07 PM
What the Broncos want Tebow to do is prove he can master the offense, read defenses, go through his receiver progressions and, whenever possible, deliver passes from the pocket.

This...

MOtorboat
10-12-2011, 11:22 PM
These are the types of things people should remember (be reasonable, not an *******):

"My honest opinion is I think it's a little tough on Kyle," Haggan said. "Everything he did was under a microscope. It was tough for him to do his thing without being criticized. Tim comes in and everything is highlighted and praised, even the small things.

"But at the same time, I'm a supporter of both. I'm a Bronco. That's on my decal, and whoever's in there, I'm always going to give him 100 percent."

BroncoStud
10-12-2011, 11:23 PM
It's going to take him time to become an NFL QB, if he ever does. He has his chance. I hope he's working with someone who can actually do these things, like John Elway. I rarely saw Orton run through his progressions and not sure I have EVER seen Quinn do it.

battherastard
10-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Blame Kyle Orton... the D kept us in all of the games except GB, all he did was fold.

NorCalBronco7
10-12-2011, 11:36 PM
Ive always found it ridiculous for Bronco fans to center their frustrations towards Orton. The Broncos defense and running game was far worse in every measurable aspect the last couple years. Sure, Orton wasnt very good, mostly average, but that cannot be said about most of the team during his time in Denver. Even though Im happy to see Tebow as the starter, I dont blame Orton.

camdisco24
10-12-2011, 11:44 PM
A team lives and dies by it's QB. It has always been that way, and it will always be that way. The QB will always get the blame first. Kyle Orton is a professional and he understands this. End of story.

TXBRONC
10-13-2011, 07:04 AM
Ive always found it ridiculous for Bronco fans to center their frustrations towards Orton. The Broncos defense and running game was far worse in every measurable aspect the last couple years. Sure, Orton wasnt very good, mostly average, but that cannot be said about most of the team during his time in Denver. Even though Im happy to see Tebow as the starter, I dont blame Orton.

Ok but he is one the League leaders in turnovers and this last game he had whopping 34 yards passing at half. While I agree he wasn't the entire problem he certainly has a fair share of the blame.

Northman
10-13-2011, 07:08 AM
Although the players are saying the right things lets be honest. At 1-4 who was replaced? It was Kyle Orton. While there are problems all over the board with the team Fox chose to replace one position, a major position.

Orton said about his demotion. "I wish I could have played better, wish we had a better record, wish a lot of things."

Thats the jist of it. If he had played better he would still be playing. Simple as that.

chazoe60
10-13-2011, 07:53 AM
The problem is he's just not good enough. He's a backup QB and he plays like one. We've been stuck with him for 2+ seasons. Name another fanbase that would be peachy with a backup QB as their starter for over 2 seasons, add to that the team going 13-24?

Orton's ineptness was partially disguised by McD's stat padding system, but he can't hide forever. If on the right team (top 5 defense and top 10 rushing game) he could probably hide his deficiencies for quite a while, but we're obviously not that team.

I have said for most of Orton's tenure here that he's in the exact wrong spot. He's a quiet, intraverted, and boring public figure. He's probably a great guy on a personal level. He's probably fun and exciting in his private life, but all we saw of him was interviews and his play on the field which is boring and lethargic. This town was used to dynamic personalities who would be considered gunslingers on the field, Orton just doesn't fit. The fans of this team were never going to latch on to Orton as their guy.

I don't feel bad for him. A lot of this is his own doing. The fans don't like him so he basically says on several occasions "I don't care what the fans think". He could have helped facilitate a trade to a team with a fanbase that was chanting his name at practice, but he wanted the $9 million, can't say I blame him that's a lot of Jack daniels amd priuses. He had to know the fans weren't going to be pleasant if he didn't play well and he didn't play well. He's been terrible this season.

Orton has taken the blame he's deserve to get. Play well, facilitate a trade, or play like crap take the blame and get benched. Those were his options, he chose the last one.

TXBRONC
10-13-2011, 08:10 AM
Although the players are saying the right things lets be honest. At 1-4 who was replaced? It was Kyle Orton. While there are problems all over the board with the team Fox chose to replace one position, a major position.

Thats the jist of it. If he had played better he would still be playing. Simple as that.

Certainly. Now if the team continued to lose then I believe he would have still eventually gotten the hook.

CrazyHorse
10-13-2011, 08:35 AM
When you fumble and throw interceptions on what look to be game winning drives who else is there to blame?

Jagsbch
10-13-2011, 08:50 AM
A team lives and dies by it's QB. It has always been that way, and it will always be that way. The QB will always get the blame first. Kyle Orton is a professional and he understands this. End of story.

Where Orton killed the team, Tebow brought it and the fans back to life.:salute:

claymore
10-13-2011, 08:51 AM
Orton isnt a starter. Any team he plays on will always look to upgrade that position. Nobody wants him as the long term solution.

vandammage13
10-13-2011, 09:53 AM
These are the types of things people should remember (be reasonable, not an *******):

"My honest opinion is I think it's a little tough on Kyle," Haggan said. "Everything he did was under a microscope. It was tough for him to do his thing without being criticized. Tim comes in and everything is highlighted and praised, even the small things.

"But at the same time, I'm a supporter of both. I'm a Bronco. That's on my decal, and whoever's in there, I'm always going to give him 100 percent."

I think Tebow is under the microscope even more than Orton, and its not even close.

From a National perspective, no one is breaking down film of Kyle Orton on TV...You can bet that they will of Tebow.

I even remember after one preseason game (Dallas I think), Tebow had one incompletion, and that was the play they showed over and over the next few days.

Northman
10-13-2011, 09:56 AM
I think Tebow is under the microscope even more than Orton, and its not even close.

I agree. If anything the media, coaching staff, surrounding players have ALWAYS given Orton the benefit of the doubt. Even when Orton was traded guys like Urlacher had nothing but great things to say about him. Its only been the fanbases of the Bears and Broncos that have negative things to say about Orton. Its very rare when a media personality diminishes Orton in some way. But with Tebow, he's been butchered left and right by a majority of media types. Its like EVERYONE is on waited breathe in this next game to see if he flops or has success.

vandammage13
10-13-2011, 09:57 AM
Orton isnt a starter. Any team he plays on will always look to upgrade that position. Nobody wants him as the long term solution.

Orton has a place in this league...

He can make a great living for years being a solid backup (I'd be happy to have a QB of Orton's caliber hold the fort down for a couple of weeks while my starter was hurt).

He can also become a journeyman, stop-gap guy. He can jump from team to team every couple of years while they are grooming a young QB to get ready.

I don't know if Orton will embrace this role, but he should. Everyone wants to be a Franchise QB in the NFL, but not everyone can.

If Orton just accepts what he is, he can make a lot of money in this league and stick around for a long time. (Like a Brad Johnson or Gus Frerotte type.)

Ravage!!!
10-13-2011, 09:58 AM

From a National perspective, no one is breaking down film of Kyle Orton on TV...You can bet that they will of Tebow.

I even remember after one preseason game (Dallas I think), Tebow had one incompletion, and that was the play they showed over and over the next few days.

On NFL Network, they break down a LOT of QBs game film.

But lets be real, as he's getting criticized he's getting praised and full page advertisements for simply being named the starter. Who else gets that? Who else gets the opposing stadium to give them a "appreciation day?"

Lets not make it out to be that things are 'tough' for Tim Tebow. He has it pretty easy, considering.

vandammage13
10-13-2011, 10:14 AM
On NFL Network, they break down a LOT of QBs game film.

But lets be real, as he's getting criticized he's getting praised and full page advertisements for simply being named the starter. Who else gets that? Who else gets the opposing stadium to give them a "appreciation day?"

Lets not make it out to be that things are 'tough' for Tim Tebow. He has it pretty easy, considering.

Just more evidence that he's under a larger microscope...

Yeah Tebow gets a great deal of praise as well to go along with his criticism.

This is because peole are paying attention to him. No one was paying attention to Orton other than looking at his box score numbers on Monday mornings.

As far as the "appreciation day" that's a Florida Championship appreciation day and that was set up well before Tebow was named the starter.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-13-2011, 10:33 AM
Let's consider this - per stats on this link:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/2011/seasontype/2

Rex Grossman has 6 touchdowns and 5 INTs - Washington's record is 3-1

Kyle has 8 touchdowns and 7 INTs - (1 more game played than Grossman) - Broncos record is 1-4

IMO - based on the above, Grossman's stats are no better than Kyle's, considering Kyle has played one more game than Grossman, so to me it is obvious that Kyle should not be the TOTAL factor in dishing out blame for the Broncos' record so far.

TXBRONC
10-13-2011, 10:43 AM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/2011/seasontype/2

Kyle has 8 touchdowns and 7 INTs - (1 more game played than Grossman) - Broncos record is 1-4

IMO - based on the above, Grossman's stats are no better than Kyle's, considering Kyle has played one more game than Grossman, so to me it is obvious that Kyle should not be the TOTAL factor in dishing out blame for the Broncos' record so far.

I think very few people feel that Orton is entirely to blame. Also the records make a huge difference.

Northman
10-13-2011, 10:47 AM

You could say that about any QB actually. In the end its always about total team play however,

currently Rex is 23-15 as a starter and Kyle is 33-33. Grossman also has 9 comeback victories to Orton's 7. Grossman is 2-1 in the playoffs with a SB appearance. At the end of the day both are nothing to write home about but i wonder what Rex's 4th quarter stats are compared to Kyle's. In other words, when the chips are down who gives you a better chance to win?

Ravage!!!
10-13-2011, 10:50 AM
and neither should be starting QBs. I know I don't want either of them.

Juriga72
10-13-2011, 10:53 AM
Kyle Orton has 4 - 4th quarter comeback wins for us...
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=OrtoKy00
3 were in the first 5 weeks of 2009........

"I dont blame Orton for the losses"....Really?

Show me "4th quarter comeback wins by a Left Tackle" please....

vandammage13
10-13-2011, 11:06 AM

C'mon Native...Stats don't tell the whole picture. Youre better than that.

I agree that Orton isn't the only problem this team has...I think most with at least a little football acumen acknowledges that.

However, what is Orton doing at the beginning of games to set the tone of the game? It seems that Grossman is helping the Skins jump out to early leads and then they just hang on. Orton digs his team in a hole.

What is Orton doing at the end of games to help his team come back? Not much there either.

I mean if you want to look at stats Philip Rivers has similar TD/INT numbers. Would you argue that Orton is playing as well as him?

If SD had Orton they would not be 4-1 right now. Orton did little to help this team.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-13-2011, 11:23 AM
C'mon Native...Stats don't tell the whole picture. Youre better than that.

I agree that Orton isn't the only problem this team has...I think most with at least a little football acumen acknowledges that.

However, what is Orton doing at the beginning of games to set the tone of the game? It seems that Grossman is helping the Skins jump out to early leads and then they just hang on. Orton digs his team in a hole.

What is Orton doing at the end of games to help his team come back? Not much there either.

I mean if you want to look at stats Philip Rivers has similar TD/INT numbers. Would you argue that Orton is playing as well as him?

If SD had Orton they would not be 4-1 right now. Orton did little to help this team.

First of all - there are those out there who want to blame everything on Orton. What I posted was an illustration that a QB is just one piece of the puzzle.

Is Grossman helping the Skins to jump out to early leads - guess someone who has watched each Skins' game this year can answer that.

vandammage13
10-13-2011, 11:37 AM
First of all - there are those out there who want to blame everything on Orton. What I posted was an illustration that a QB is just one piece of the puzzle.

Is Grossman helping the Skins to jump out to early leads - guess someone who has watched each Skins' game this year can answer that.

I really don't think anyone credible seriously believes this team is great and that Orton was the only thing holding it back.

I do believe that people think Orton was one piece of many that needed to be changed.

Regardless of how good the rest of the team was, it became increasingly clear that Orton would never get us to the top no matter how good we were.

Can he win some games with a solid supporting cast? Sure, but that can be said for most QB's...The change needed to happen because Orton was clearly not our future and people wanted to see if #15 could be that.

Juriga72
10-13-2011, 11:45 AM
I really don't think anyone credible seriously believes this team is great and that Orton was the only thing holding it back.

I do believe that people think Orton was one piece of many that needed to be changed.

Regardless of how good the rest of the team was, it became increasingly clear that Orton would never get us to the top no matter how good we were.

Can he win some games with a solid supporting cast? Sure, but that can be said for most QB's...The change needed to happen because Orton was clearly not our future and people wanted to see if #15 could be that.

This..
Even Alex Smith has more 4th quarter comeback wins than Kyle did the last TWO years.

THATS what shows up... "Close games"...fumbiling and throwing picks in the 4th quarter dont get placed on the defense

NorCalBronco7
10-13-2011, 01:35 PM
Ok but he is one the League leaders in turnovers and this last game he had whopping 34 yards passing at half. While I agree he wasn't the entire problem he certainly has a fair share of the blame.

Orton wasnt good at times and deserves blame, but not the majority like some believe. Thats what Ive never understood.

Ortons preaching the right things just like the players that are defending him.

Good point. Its not even mostly on Orton. Brady, Manning, Rodgers wouldnt have success with the Broncos team the last couple years. Its too simplistic to just place the blame all on the Qb.

vandammage13
10-13-2011, 01:50 PM
Good point. Its not even mostly on Orton. Brady, Manning, Rodgers wouldnt have success with the Broncos team the last couple years. Its too simplistic to just place the blame all on the Qb.

I think you are highly underestimating the value of good QB play.

Brady, Manning, Rodgers might not be able to lead this team to a SB championship, but they damn sure wouldn't be 6-23 or whatever Orton is.

Look at how shitty the Colts are this year...The only change with them is no Manning.

Look how crappy the Pats Defense is...Its right at the bottom with the Broncos (NE is dead last actually in YPG), yet they still win.

Is it all Orton's fault that we're not very good?...No, but in a league with rules that are set up to benefit QB's, it is the one position that a good player can mean the difference between the playoffs and 4-12.

NorCalBronco7
10-13-2011, 03:00 PM

Brady, Manning, Rodgers might not be able to lead this team to a SB championship, but they damn sure wouldn't be 6-23 or whatever Orton is.

Look at how shitty the Colts are this year...The only change with them is no Manning.

Look how crappy the Pats Defense is...Its right at the bottom with the Broncos (NE is dead last actually in YPG), yet they still win.

Is it all Orton's fault that we're not very good?...No, but in a league with rules that are set up to benefit QB's, it is the one position that a good player can mean the difference between the playoffs and 4-12.

No, not really. The Broncos aren't a playoff team with the worst defense in the NFL as far as PPG with any QB. No QB has taken the worst ranked defense to the playoffs, much less the suberbowl. Again, no QB would have been successful. Way to step out on a limp and say, "well the team would have been better with a elite Qb!". No shit, but still no success.

Qbs are important, obviously, but they dont change teams with one of the worst rushing attacks and the worst defense into success teams. Wont happen. With Manning, he is in part successful because of the weapons around him and a defense that is set up to sustain leads. And really Manning getting injured doesnt really have anything to do with a great QB turing a extremely shitty team into a successful one. Ortons doesnt hold a majority of the blame when he was average and the defense and running game were in the pits.

Your New England example just sucks. :tsk: Last year NE was 25th is yards and 8th in PPG. Ever heard of the "bend but dont break" philosophy? This year they're dead last in yards, but 14th in scoring. The Broncos have never came close to those points per game totals except Ortons first 6 starts in Denver, when they went 6-0. Hey, at least you tried.

Northman
10-13-2011, 03:02 PM

Indeed. The comment was moronic. Orton is nowhere near the same hemisphere as those QB's. :lol:

vandammage13
10-13-2011, 03:11 PM
No, not really. The Broncos aren't a playoff team with the worst defense in the NFL as far as PPG with any QB. No QB has taken the worst ranked defense to the playoffs, much less the suberbowl. Again, no QB would have been successful. Way to step out on a limp and say, "well the team would have been better!". No shit, but still no success.

Qbs are important, obviously, but they dont change teams with one of the worst rushing attacks and the worst defense into success teams. Wont happen. With Manning, he is in part successful because of the weapons around him and a defense that is set up to sustain leads. And really Manning getting injured doesnt really have anything to do with a great QB turing a extremely shitty team into a successful one. Ortons doesnt hold a majority of the blame when he was average, and the defense and running were in the pits.

Then how do you explain why the Colts can't even win a single game without him? And we're talking about a team that has won 10+ games for the last 12 years or so...

Your New England example just sucks. :tsk: Last year NE was 25th is yards and 8th in PPG. Ever heard of the "bend but dont break" philosophy? This year they're dead last in yards, but 14th in scoring. The Broncos have never came close to those points per game totals except Ortons first 6 starts in Denver, when they went 6-0. Hey, at least you tried.

Yeah, I've heard of the 'bend don't break" philosophy. He still leads his team to 33.0 PPG (tops in the league), which would still be more than what we are giving up. How many points did we give up after Orton was replaced? 6? We didn't turn the ball over...See the trend there?

Also, don't you think that Orton's league-leading amount of turnovers has contributed to how many points we're giving up?

It seems that it is your rebuttal that sucks, not my example. :coffee:

NorCalBronco7
10-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Indeed. The comment was moronic. Orton is nowhere near the same hemisphere as those QB's. :lol:

The point is it doesnt matter what QB you chose, the Broncos aren't winners, much less a playoffs team with the worst defense and one of the worst running games. This is common sense stuff kids. Tighen up you reading comprehension a little and maybe you can add something to this debate. ;)

Juriga72
10-13-2011, 03:24 PM
Uh guys.... Just look at Arizona the year THEY went to the Super Bowl...2008

Rushing -32nd ( that means dead freaking last)

Defense points allowed-28th 26.6 points/game... They scored 26.7 points/game...LMAO

GUESS what....THEY made a Super Bowl and but for ONE freakish play win it

NorCalBronco7
10-13-2011, 03:32 PM
Then how do you explain why the Colts can't even win a single game without him? And we're talking about a team that has won 10+ games for the last 12 years or so...

Curtis Painter, ever heard of him? What about Kerry Collins? THEY SUCK! LOL

Yeah, I've heard of the 'bend don't break" philosophy. He still leads his team to 33.0 PPG (tops in the league), which would still be more than what we are giving up.

Jesus, this is so dumb shit. So only Brady is responsible for the 33 points/game and nobody else. So if Brady was on the Broncos they would definitely score 30+ a game and make up for our horrible defense. Genius!

How many points did we give up after Orton was replaced? 6? We didn't turn the ball over...See the trend there?

No trend, just another isolated, irrelevant example. Stop side stepping the issue.

Also, don't you think that Orton's league-leading amount of turnovers has contributed to how many points we're giving up?

It seems that it is your rebuttal that sucks, not my example. :coffee:

This year, absolutely. Turnovers hurt the defense. But as far as Ortons time here, he's been far from a turnover machine, infact the complete opposite even to a fault. This season hes deserves a lot more credit for our losses, but as a whole, he doesnt.

Also the Broncos were tied for dead last in takeaways last year and last in sacks! Does that help the offense? Sure a hell doesnt. And thats what Ortons been dealing with most of his time here. Even an elite Qb couldnt carry the Broncos the last few years, sadly.

Northman
10-13-2011, 03:40 PM
The point is it doesnt matter what QB you chose, the Broncos aren't winners, much less a playoffs team with the worst defense and one of the worst running games. This is common sense stuff kids. Tighen up you reading comprehension a little and maybe you can add something to this debate. ;)

No one said they were winners, might want to freshen up on the reading part. ;)

Juriga72
10-13-2011, 03:42 PM
This year, absolutely. Turnovers hurt the defense. But as far as Ortons time here, he's been far from a turnover machine, infact the complete opposite even to a fault. This season hes deserves a lot more credit for our losses, but as a whole, he doesnt.

Also the Broncos were tied for dead last in takeaways last year and last in sacks! Does that help the offense? Sure a hell doesnt. And thats what Ortons been dealing with most of his time here. Even an elite Qb couldnt carry the Broncos the last few years, sadly.

"Most punts"-
2005 Chicago-2nd
Denver-21st

2006 Chicago-14h
Denver-17th

2007- Chicago-3rd
Denver- 28th

2008- Chicago-2nd
Denver-32nd

2009-Chicago- 18th
Denver-12th

2010-Chicago-15th
Denver- 7th

see a trend?

NorCalBronco7
10-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Uh guys.... Just look at Arizona the year THEY went to the Super Bowl...2008

Rushing -32nd ( that means dead freaking last)

Defense points allowed-28th 26.6 points/game... They scored 26.7 points/game...LMAO

GUESS what....THEY made a Super Bowl and but for ONE freakish play win it

Arizona in 2008 had the 2nd most takeaways (Broncos were WORST in takeaways last year) and gave up 3 less points in the NFL. The Cardnials defense was a much, much better defense!

NorCalBronco7
10-13-2011, 03:47 PM
"Most punts"-
2005 Chicago-2nd
Denver-21st

2006 Chicago-14h
Denver-17th

2007- Chicago-3rd
Denver- 28th

2008- Chicago-2nd
Denver-32nd

2009-Chicago- 18th
Denver-12th

2010-Chicago-15th
Denver- 7th

see a trend?

Jay Cutlers better than Kyle Orton......:confused: Thanks for bestowing you wisdom upon us.

NorCalBronco7
10-13-2011, 03:49 PM
No one said they were winners, might want to freshen up on the reading part. ;)

Surely your underestimating the power of Qbs! :lol:

jhildebrand
10-13-2011, 04:01 PM

Stats don't tell the whole story. It is when the INT/Fumble took place.

I don't know when Grossman threw his picks. I do know the Orton picks were at the most inopportune times.

Meh. Whatev.

I don't blame Orton for everything. That honor goes to McDaniels. It just wasn't right for Orton. As the problems mounted, they compounded for the guy.

I will wish Orton nothing but the best going forward.

vandammage13
10-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Curtis Painter, ever heard of him? What about Kerry Collins? THEY SUCK! LOL

So I guess you just proved my point on why having a good QB is important..

Thanks for playing.

Juriga72
10-13-2011, 04:26 PM
Arizona in 2008 had the 2nd most takeaways (Broncos were WORST in takeaways last year) and gave up 3 less points in the NFL. The Cardnials defense was a much, much better defense!

HUH???

NFl.com- 2008

Arizona 17th INT (13)
Arizona- #1 recovered fumbles (16)- 29 takeaways

NFL rank in Defense takeaways 2008-
#1 Baltimore-34
Oakland-34
#3-Chicgao 32
#4-Cleveland-31
Tennessee-31
#6- Tampa-30
Miami-30
Jets- 30
#9- Arizona-29
KC-29
Pittsburgh-29

I mean golly... lets see.... here Kyle 2008 with the #2 scoring defense, #2 Takeaway defense, #7 rushing attack...... got the Bears to a 9-7 record while Kurt Warnewr with the 32nd ranked rush, 28th ranked scoring defense, and the 9th ranked takeaway defense got HIS team to the Super Bowl with a 9-7 record....

For those JAy Cutler haters... in 2008 the Chicago Bears also had 11 (NFL #1) returns of 40 yards plus....AND still were the 2nd most punting team....:)
Hmmmm

vandammage13
10-13-2011, 04:32 PM
HUH???

NFl.com- 2008

Arizona 17th INT (13)
Arizona- #1 recovered fumbles (16)- 29 takeaways

NFL rank in Defense takeaways 2008-
#1 Baltimore-34
Oakland-34
#3-Chicgao 32
#4-Cleveland-31
Tennessee-31
#6- Tampa-30
Miami-30
Jets- 30
#9- Arizona-29
KC-29
Pittsburgh-29

I mean golly... lets see.... here Kyle 2008 with the #2 scoring defense, #2 Takeaway defense, #7 rushing attack...... got the Bears to a 9-7 record while Kurt Warnewr with the 32nd ranked rush, 28th ranked scoring defense, and the 9th ranked takeaway defense got HIS team to the Super Bowl with a 9-7 record....

Hmmmm

What some people will resort to in order to protect Kyle Orton...I really don't get it.

chazoe60
10-13-2011, 05:18 PM
Kyle Orton is the only QB I've ever seen who could have his team at 1-4 and be leading the league in turnovers and still have people lining up to defend him.

I don't understand what some people see in this guy. Why do some people protect him as though he's their little brother?

vettesplus
10-13-2011, 05:36 PM
i really hope that tt will become a great qb and a long term bronco, but if he fails there sure are going to be alot of bronco fans with there feet shoved down there throats, just saying!!!!!

chazoe60
10-13-2011, 05:47 PM
i really hope that tt will become a great qb and a long term bronco, but if he fails there sure are going to be alot of bronco fans with there feet shoved down there throats, just saying!!!!!

I think most Bronco fans are cautiously optimistic. That shouldn't cause too bad of a case of foot in mouth disease.

Northman
10-13-2011, 06:05 PM
I think most Bronco fans are cautiously optimistic. That shouldn't cause too bad of a case of foot in mouth disease.

Exactly.

Lancane
10-13-2011, 07:24 PM
Sadly, I don't blame Orton, the person who holds the biggest responsibility is Joe Ellis in my honest opinion.

Let's face facts, Bowlen was suffering from a slight illness or breakdown, something and the several reports pointed to this fact; not to mention that it was reported before hand that he wanted to be less hands on, and he was already a hands off owner. So he left Ellis in complete command of the g'damn ship, Bowlen did hire McDaniels but at great urging and no little part because of Ellis...and unlike the Titanic, he didn't just accidentally hit an iceberg and sink the ship, he rammed it into the iceberg! It's rather evident what happened afterwards, Goodman and Xanders were suppose to be co-general managers and McDaniels knew he wouldn't control the ship without someone buying into his 'plan', Xanders would and so once the Goodmans were gone, those who would oppose trading Cutler, Marshall and pulling half-ass stunts and trades, he went about his merry business. Bowlen didn't want to trade Cutler or Marshall, but McDaniels made sure that neither wanted to remain, and Ellis continuously backed McDaniels in regards to the public. It all trickled down to the point we are at now.

So do I blame Orton for the state of things? Absolutely not, but neither do I believe that he did any good for this organization. It's not his fault that he's a mediocre, jackass quarterback. It's not his fault that we kept an inept offensive coordinator who learned two main offensive systems from two horrid coordinators both of whom are unemployed right now. Orton isn't responsible, he was never wanted here and replaced someone who was, and no one but a select few thought more of him then he really was.

However, I have to disagree with the sentiment of Norcal's about quarterbacks, because no one knows better then Broncos' fans about what a great quarterback can do for a franchise.