PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Royal returns to Broncos practice on Day 2 of Tim Tebow Era

Denver Native (Carol)
10-12-2011, 05:10 PM
DOVE VALLEY — On Day 2 of the Tim Tebow Era, the Broncos new starting quarterback got one of the team's best receivers back at practice.

Wide receiver Eddie Royal is practicing today in the Broncos' final practice before players are dismissed for the bye week. Royal has not been on the field since suffering a groin injury Sept. 18 against Cincinnati.

rest of article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19096961

BeefStew25
10-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Man Tubby was kind of right. Eddie needs to get on his horse. I feel like he soon won't be a Bronco.

weazel
10-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Royal is still in the NFL?

underrated29
10-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Now that KO is not not looking his way anymore. Royal will come alive. I know it may seem like I am laying into kyle now that TT is starting but I have been saying for a while that Kyle IMO is the reason that Eddie is having such down years.

I think Tebow will do better and hit my man with some passes.

Agent of Orange
10-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Now that KO is not not looking his way anymore. Royal will come alive. I know it may seem like I am laying into kyle now that TT is starting but I have been saying for a while that Kyle IMO is the reason that Eddie is having such down years.
I think Tebow will do better and hit my man with some passes.

It hardly seems unreasonable to point this out. Its not like data doesnt support your observation.

dogfish
10-12-2011, 06:22 PM
tebow hits the starting lineup, and the healing begins immediately. . .

coincidence? i think not. . .

HORSEPOWER 56
10-12-2011, 07:38 PM
tebow hits the starting lineup, and the healing begins immediately. . .

coincidence? i think not. . .

Even said tongue-in-cheek, it's not half wrong. Guys on NFL Network were talking about this after the game on Sunday about how players are more likely to play nicked-up for a leader and a guy who gives it his all and less likely to do so for guys who don't.

I'm not saying they are malingering (faking injury for non-military types), but the prospect of playing hurt only to know you have little chance to win and will probably get blown out anyway might have a guy thinking about taking one more week to heal up instead of fighting to get back to work...

dogfish
10-12-2011, 08:09 PM
bullshit!

i'm talking miracles, not morale. . . .

:elefant:

dogfish
10-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Tebow is so good, he magically brings receivers back from injuries.

just think if we'd had him when lepsis rolled up TD. . .

camdisco24
10-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Good to hear, I really want Eddie to be a Bronco for a long long time. Great guy on and off the field. But he's got to get his numbers up to stay here. Let's see what he can do with Tebow at the helm.

Get em' Eddie!

tomjonesrocks
10-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Eddie is a scrub.

I am sorry, but Cutler is a pretty ******* amazing talent.

He even had Asomoshudu putting up numbers at times.

Guy can't even get it done in the slot and we could have had deshaun.

Eddie is about 2 years from being out of the NFL. Sorry.

SmilinAssasSin27
10-12-2011, 10:03 PM
This will help Tebow big time. Eddie can play in this league, when healthy, and Tebow is gonna need all the weapons he can find. Lloyd, Decker and Royal is a solid trio. Now if we can just get the TEs going and a run game to keep defenses honest...

camdisco24
10-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Eddie is a scrub.

The thing is... Eddie did get it done in the slot when Cutler was here... I think a change at QB at least give Eddie a fair shot to show he's not a one year wonder. I see him being a Stokley kind of guy but more long term.

jlarsiii
10-12-2011, 10:23 PM
Eddie is a scrub.

Agreed. Anyone want to look back now with hindsight and say that we shouldn't have taken Desean Jackson instead? :shocked:

Lancane
10-12-2011, 10:35 PM
Eddie Royal has been a complete disappointment since his rookie season, and I am not sure that he'll succeed any better with Tebow at the helm to tell the truth. I wish Brandon Marshall was still in Denver, not that I love his attitude, but he's the perfect wide receiver for a quarterback like Tim, he can go high and can do so much after the catch...which we sincerely lack with the receivers we have remaining. Lloyd if he can return to last year's form would be of some aid, he's not a great after the catch receiver, but he makes some tremendous catches when he's on form. Decker I believe will be the one to most benefit from Tebow under center, he's a big target with possession receiver type skills and better then average quickness. Demaryius Thomas (if he could stay healthy and contribute) would be a big weapon for Tim as well.

nevcraw
10-12-2011, 10:45 PM
we have better talent at receiver than most teams and it runs deep. They will be fine and LLoyd is going to catch fire because TT has more history with him then anyone except Willis. Only reason He has been slow is because Orton locked his one eye on decker and couldn't turn away..
The most important thing is for the coach's to exploit TT's strengths with bootlegs and flee flickers and such and protect some of his bigger weaknesses like making him stand in the pocket with 3 step drops.. and for god's sake keep the running game going with we designed plays and blocking... Now -- I wish we had shanny offensive mind instead of McCoy's.

BroncoStud
10-12-2011, 11:26 PM
Well I hope Royal is moved to the slot, he has no business running routes as a #1 or #2. Lloyd and Decker need to remain the unquestioned starters.

DenBronx
10-12-2011, 11:33 PM
I like Eddie, I really do. But he is being out performed by Decker and Llyod. Add that to DT is now back and he will be fighting for his life to get passes thrown his way.

No one brought Royals numbers down but Royal. So, with the new QB switch, this is his time to step up and make a statement.

Lancane
10-12-2011, 11:46 PM
we have better talent at receiver than most teams and it runs deep. They will be fine and LLoyd is going to catch fire because TT has more history with him then anyone except Willis. Only reason He has been slow is because Orton locked his one eye on decker and couldn't turn away..
The most important thing is for the coach's to exploit TT's strengths with bootlegs and flee flickers and such and protect some of his bigger weaknesses like making him stand in the pocket with 3 step drops.. and for god's sake keep the running game going with we designed plays and blocking... Now -- I wish we had shanny offensive mind instead of McCoy's.

Um, I think that is disputable Nev, very disputable. We don't even have a receiver in the Top 30 at the position; Lloyd seems to have returned to his old self, and is averaging 56 yards a game and he's the best wide receiver we have according to the statistics. Decker is coming along and is without question our number two, while Royal who has been pretty much a bust since his rookie season is still not improving. You're counting on what you're guessing will happen, but until it does the whole argument is moot. With no true number one, no clear number two, an injury prone first round pick that hasn't done shit, missing our best receiving tight end...I don't see what you are seeing, I don't see that much talent nor the quality depth that you're claiming we have.

Decker right now from a talent to production analysis, is probably the best wide receiver we have and he's more of a split end or slot then a number one, his numbers are almost better then Lloyd who is our feature receiver or flank receiver. Eddie Royal is about as solid a number two as Terrell Owens is as a human being! Demaryius Thomas has contributed jack-squat since being drafted, and unless he sees the field and proves himself then he is still utter shit and a probable wasted draft pick. As to the rest of those we have, none are of good quality, they're not horrid but far from great.

Sorry Nev, I just don't see it...I really don't, and maybe it's because I have no faith in McCoy and his craptastic offense or something else.

If Tebow proves that he's a capable quarterback and just lacks weapons, and I am saying this believing that Lloyd, Royal and Thomas will do little if anything...then I could see Denver drafting a big target wide out early in the draft.

Agent of Orange
10-13-2011, 12:23 AM
Good to hear, I really want Eddie to be a Bronco for a long long time. Great guy on and off the field. But he's got to get his numbers up to stay here. Let's see what he can do with Tebow at the helm.

Get em' Eddie!

There's a rumor that they're trying to trade Lloyd for a 2nd.

Canmore
10-13-2011, 12:28 AM

According to whom?

Lancane
10-13-2011, 12:45 AM
According to whom?

There has been some internet chat about possibly trading Lloyd, but nothing official from the club. Some St. Louis fan tweeted that they should make a trade for Lloyd where he'd be reunited with McDaniels and in order to help their depleted offense. There was also a rumor about him being traded to Carolina and Jacksonville as well, but I believe it was all fan jargon.

Lancane
10-13-2011, 12:47 AM
Of course there is also a rumor that Denver is shopping Orton for a conditional pick in the 2012 NFL draft...

silkamilkamonico
10-13-2011, 12:48 AM
Don't understand why Denver would even entertain trading Lloyd. Royal on the other hand, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to ship out for a late round pick.

camdisco24
10-13-2011, 12:52 AM

I like Eddie... but as of now I like what Brandon Lloyd brings to the table more. I think it'd be a bad move to trade Lloyd. Lloyd+Decker+Royal=Solid.

Lancane
10-13-2011, 01:00 AM
Don't understand why Denver would even entertain trading Lloyd. Royal on the other hand, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to ship out for a late round pick.

Well, from a management perspective, I can understand it. Look at it from a different perspective, not simply winning or losing...but Lloyd has been lackluster, he's had one great season during his entire pro career, he's also going to be a free agent come the end of the season. So Denver either anti's up a big payday for a so-so receiver or they can part with him for nothing and receive a compensation pick or indeed for something by trading him now for a pick of more value. Whereas Royal is worth so little since he's been lackluster far more through his career that either way would produce little value. After all, let's face it...we're not going to win a shitload of games, might as well get as many draft picks as possible to get the team ready for next season.

silkamilkamonico
10-13-2011, 01:12 AM
Well, from a management perspective, I can understand it. Look at it from a different perspective, not simply winning or losing...but Lloyd has been lackluster, he's had one great season during his entire pro career, he's also going to be a free agent come the end of the season. So Denver either anti's up a big payday for a so-so receiver or they can part with him for nothing and receive a compensation pick or indeed for something by trading him now for a pick of more value. Whereas Royal is worth so little since he's been lackluster far more through his career that either way would produce little value. After all, let's face it...we're not going to win a shitload of games, might as well get as many draft picks as possible to get the team ready for next season.

Lackluster or not, he is the best thing this organization has as a dynamic and explosive player on offense. There is none either. IMHO trading Lloyd away goes along the lines of McDaniels trading Hillis away. Hillis only had a handful of games when he was traded too.

You take Lloyd away from this offense, and Denver arguably has the least dynamic offense of all 32 teams in the NFL. Most all organizations at least have 1 player. We wouldn't have any.

Clipworthy
10-13-2011, 01:29 AM
Let's all pretend Demaryius isn't on the roster.... 6'3, 230, could beat Eddie in a foot race...

Lancane
10-13-2011, 01:38 AM
Lackluster or not, he is the best thing this organization has as a dynamic and explosive player on offense. There is none either. IMHO trading Lloyd away goes along the lines of McDaniels trading Hillis away. Hillis only had a handful of games when he was traded too.

You take Lloyd away from this offense, and Denver arguably has the least dynamic offense of all 32 teams in the NFL. Most all organizations at least have 1 player. We wouldn't have any.

I would not call Lloyd a dynamic offensive player, his presence is not helping this offense, 56 receiving yards a game is rather stagnant. Lloyd makes some spectacular catches - I don't believe anyone would argue that point, and I can understand people's appeal to keep him...even though we'll likely lose him and not receive any compensation. Then again I am not the one who labeled him dynamic, to me...Brandon Marshall is dynamic, Lloyd is just solid, but if we can not get another 56 yards a game out of our other wide receivers then we're in worse shape then I even thought. I don't see him doing enough to be considered untouchable for trade. But maybe you do, I guess we just differ on our points of view. And Thomas is suppose to be returning, if he can't average fifty or so yards a game then he is just another wasted first round pick.

frauschieze
10-13-2011, 07:01 AM
Let's all pretend Demaryius isn't on the roster.... 6'3, 230, could beat Eddie in a foot race...

Might as well. He's never healthy enough to be on the field.

Northman
10-13-2011, 07:16 AM
I would not call Lloyd a dynamic offensive player, his presence is not helping this offense, 56 receiving yards a game is rather stagnant. Lloyd makes some spectacular catches - I don't believe anyone would argue that point, and I can understand people's appeal to keep him...even though we'll likely lose him and not receive any compensation. Then again I am not the one who labeled him dynamic, to me...Brandon Marshall is dynamic, Lloyd is just solid, but if we can not get another 56 yards a game out of our other wide receivers then we're in worse shape then I even thought. I don't see him doing enough to be considered untouchable for trade. But maybe you do, I guess we just differ on our points of view. And Thomas is suppose to be returning, if he can't average fifty or so yards a game then he is just another wasted first round pick.

Indeed. At this point Royal and Lloyd are almost virtually the same. Both have had just ONE good year in their career yet one has been in the league longer and the other cant stay healthy. Not sure at this point i would consider trading either but i find it funny that after just one good year people think Lloyd is Larry Fitzgerald or something. :lol:

MOtorboat
10-13-2011, 07:17 AM
There's talent at receiver, but it can't stay on the field. And the emergency receiver is now playing quarterback.

Denver absolutely needs Decker, Lloyd and Royal to stay healthy the rest of the season if they want any sort of chance of winning games.

Northman
10-13-2011, 07:22 AM
There's talent at receiver, but it can't stay on the field.

Denver absolutely needs Decker, Lloyd and Royal to stay healthy the rest of the season if they want any sort of chance of winning games.

I agree with this. ;)

MOtorboat
10-13-2011, 07:27 AM
I agree with this. ;)

Why do you disagree that the emergency receiver is now at quarterback? I think the fact that he went in at emergency receiver is a tell-tale sign that he is, in fact, the emergency receiver.

:beer:

Northman
10-13-2011, 07:37 AM
Why do you disagree that the emergency receiver is now at quarterback? I think the fact that he went in at emergency receiver is a tell-tale sign that he is, in fact, the emergency receiver.

:beer:

Because he's our emergency FB. :laugh:

MOtorboat
10-13-2011, 07:46 AM
Because he's our emergency FB. :laugh:

True. QB/FB/WR on the roster.

silkamilkamonico
10-13-2011, 12:07 PM
Indeed. At this point Royal and Lloyd are almost virtually the same. Both have had just ONE good year in their career yet one has been in the league longer and the other cant stay healthy. Not sure at this point i would consider trading either but i find it funny that after just one good year people think Lloyd is Larry Fitzgerald or something. :lol:

Eddie Royalis not even a good WR. He had one fluke good year and has been average at best ever since. Lloyd's one good year at least came last year and he is much better than Royal this year.

One thing's for sure, we traded the wrong WR to Washington. We should have kept Gaffney and traded Royal. We probably would have got more out of it as well.

It hurt's Royal's argument even more in the fact that he is a completely non impact player on a roster that just might arguably have the least amount of collectively dynamic players in the NFL.

Who would have ever thought that the Denver Broncos would be among the NFL's cellar dwellars offensively, and I only think that gets worse as long as Fox and company are here.

T.K.O.
10-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Royals twin TD runbacks against the bolts .....nuff said
the kid just needs to get healthy and have a deep threat on the team.
the middle will open up for him a bit then:salute:

BroncosfanInKC
10-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Good to get back Royal

Agent of Orange
10-13-2011, 09:10 PM
Royal was a nice route runner before Orton was QB. I wonder if Royal's lack of production has more to do with Orton's tendency to lock on to only certain guys when looking downfield, otherwise, if Orton doesn't throw to the guy he's lockign onto, then he often checksdown. None of this utilizes Royal. It seems like Royal is best when he's able to run routes and plays with a QB who will look at other guys (besides Marshall or Lloyd downfield. Im also not sure if it was play design or not. That could also be a part of it.