PDA

View Full Version : Ideal Set-Up For Tebow Return

OrangeHoof
10-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Whether you are pro-Tebow, anti-Tebow or indifferent, you've got to admit this is an ideal set-up for him to make his first start of the season. He's coming off a bye week, he's returning to Florida, he's playing the pathetic Dolphins who won't have a QB that can upstage him.

He might not win another game all season but he ought to win that one.

(yeah, I know, another Tebow thread. Sorry about that.)

Lancane
10-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Whether you are pro-Tebow, anti-Tebow or indifferent, you've got to admit this is an ideal set-up for him to make his first start of the season. He's coming off a bye week, he's returning to Florida, he's playing the pathetic Dolphins who won't have a QB that can upstage him.

He might not win another game all season but he ought to win that one.

(yeah, I know, another Tebow thread. Sorry about that.)

No worries Hoof, you're not claiming he can walker on water and turn water into Corona!

I am of the same train of thought as you, Miami is the perfect game for Tebow, their defense is less then stellar, particularly their passing defense which is ideal for a quarterback who needs to prove he can air it out against opponents. Do I think we'll win, before I would have said no...I believe we will now and there are several factors besides Timmy that lead me to believe as much. However, I'm not sure we'll be competitive enough to really change the season predictions for this squad. We have a chance against Oakland, Kansas City, Minnesota and Miami, but a lot will be riding on how Tim does within the offense; Elway already said there will not be a bunch of changes to the offense playbook, there will be some plays added - some taken out, but all in all it will remain much the same, which I agree with.

Tned
10-11-2011, 11:25 PM
I don't know if you guys have followed it, but Dolphins are going crazy about how stupid it is to schedule a Gator appreciation day when the Broncos will be who they were playing. They are in open revolt against the Dolphins front office.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?307425-Tebow-will-be-starting-against-us-on-quot-Gator-Day-quot-in-OUR-stadium&

Lancane
10-11-2011, 11:38 PM
I don't know if you guys have followed it, but Dolphins are going crazy about how stupid it is to schedule a Gator appreciation day when the Broncos will be who they were playing. They are in open revolt against the Dolphins front office.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?307425-Tebow-will-be-starting-against-us-on-quot-Gator-Day-quot-in-OUR-stadium&

Now that's some funny shit Tned!

Buff
10-11-2011, 11:39 PM

I hadn't seen the fan reaction... But I was wondering how desperate they must be to generate revenue to pull a stunt like this.

Makes me wonder if maybe it's Miami, and not Jacksonville, who will be the first team from FL to relocate to L.A. or London.

TXBRONC
10-11-2011, 11:45 PM
Now that's some funny shit Tned!

Agreed. :laugh:

OrangeHoof
10-12-2011, 02:02 AM
Well, it could be worse. The Dolphins could have Fidel Castro Appreciation Day. That would go over big.

claymore
10-12-2011, 06:10 AM
I hadn't seen the fan reaction... But I was wondering how desperate they must be to generate revenue to pull a stunt like this.

Makes me wonder if maybe it's Miami, and not Jacksonville, who will be the first team from FL to relocate to L.A. or London.

It will be Jacksonville. Ive lived in Fl for almost 10 years and Ive never met a Jags fan.

They all grew up watching Marino. THe Jags did one thing for them. Screw them out of telivised Dolphins games.

Dzone
10-12-2011, 06:15 AM
Its the Perfect Storm for some Tebow Heroics!

MOtorboat
10-12-2011, 06:54 AM
Has anyone ever heard of a pro team hosting a reunion for a college team, anywhere?

Broncos fans don't give a crap about the Buffs' Championship in 1990 (I mean, a few do, but...). Kansas City fans for the most part are split down the middle between three schools, if not four. Miami fans are probably the same with the three major schools in Florida.

It's absurd. And really, really, really funny.

Tned
10-12-2011, 07:23 AM
Has anyone ever heard of a pro team hosting a reunion for a college team, anywhere?

Broncos fans don't give a crap about the Buffs' Championship in 1990 (I mean, a few do, but...). Kansas City fans for the most part are split down the middle between three schools, if not four. Miami fans are probably the same with the three major schools in Florida.

It's absurd. And really, really, really funny.

While the Dolphins owner is getting backlash, I'm sure they considered this possibility when they set the date and the idea of selling tickets, and maybe converting Gator fans to Dolphin fans was worth any negative.

Here'a snippet from a FL paper that sums up the attendence issue Miami's having:

It also will measure just how much one man can matter at the ticket gate. On Tuesday, more than 2,000 tickets sold for the game on the secondary market through sites like Stubhub.com, according to a source. That equaled the previous six weeks of sales for the game.

That's still a small dent into the glut of what was 15,000 tickets available in the secondary market and 15,000 more that the Dolphins haven't sold for the game. Selling 30,000 tickets in 11 days is the marketing version of converting a Hail Mary pass.

Is Timmy Touchdown up to it? If his drawing power pulls off that miracle, it would translate into an estimated $5 million decision at the gate to start him.

You can count on your hand the number of players in team sports who sell tickets just by showing up.

Read full article here: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-hyde-tim-tebow-1012-20111011,0,2524763.column

claymore
10-12-2011, 07:37 AM
Dont we make 40% of the gate reciepts? Might have been a financial decision on our part too!

Dzone
10-12-2011, 09:40 AM
It will be A day which will live on in Tebow lore. Expect Tebow to go down there and singlehandedly win the game. He will probably make a bout 5 touchdowns