PDA

View Full Version : lgenf's Tim Tebow Appreciation Thread

lgenf
10-11-2011, 07:23 PM
Almost every article you read, and it seems anyone that can get in front of a camera over the last few weeks, loves to talk about Fox losing the locker room.

that a decision to switch QBs was going to upset the entire team, that it would be seen as caving in to the fans.

REALLY?

So this team wants to continue with mediocre QB play and continue losing?

we've seen what Orton brings to the table, It's Not Enough!

so we continue to lose, lose another, and another and his play for the first half of the game this past weekend was so bad, there are no adjectives in the english language to describe it - the QBR does a good job a whopping 5.1 (does that thing have negative values?)

so the switch to T2 is going to lose the locker room, hmmmm.....

well, it didn't look that way to me from what I could see of the field Sunday.

Tebow found his groove after a shaky and predictably rusty start and scored a rushing TD (untouched), untouched until he got into the endzone, where is TEAM rallied around him and showered him with hugs and atta boy pats on the back - and smiles.......hmmmm doesn't seem like a lost locker room to me....

but, maybe that was only the guys on the field, maybe the defense was pissed off, clammering for Orton, or the special teams players, they didn't show those guys on the cameras - they showed Orton - clapping for his replacement, probably thinking "well at least I have the locker room still on my side"

the Broncos got the ball back (after a play by the D) surely that was just to get Orton back in the game...no, sadly T2 came back on the field, and as if by magic, a screen pass, caught by moreno (who ran harder then I have seen in two years, and trucked some poor DB at the 5 yd line so badly, that Charger rolled into the endzone with him) surely that TD was one for old Orton.

No - in fact the team seemed rather inspired to play - it almost seemed like everyone was trying harder

then our D gave up a FG late in the game which gave SD the WIN, so our droopy lipped offense went back on the field with only 20 secs left to take a knee in support for Orton......wait, that didn't happen

and insane catch by lloyd, behind the back, over the head and falling out of bounds happened. then another long pass and completion right over the middle, but T2 can't throw the ball with any accuracy (we hear that a lot) that throw on the run looked pretty damn accurate and zippy to me.

And with 1 sec left the ball was spiked and we had one last shot to win.

a wiked looking scramble (that has probably never been seen before with that spin thing he did) a mad dash left, then back to the right and an accurate pass to the end zone that was incomplete. Which every head coach interviewed over the last two days on TV has said, you just ask your guy to not take a sack and give the receivers a chance, which was exactly what he did- it may not have looked pretty, but it was exactly what you ask your QB to do in that situation.

surely all that emotion at the end of the game was the locker room and team clammering for Orton to be back at the starting QB position?

this locker room BS is just that, BS - I'll give you the beginning of the year thing, where everyone under the sun said that T2 wasn't doing well and Orton gave us the best chance to win

but that team on the field at the end of that game didn't look like they were hopeful that Orton was coming off the bench on that last drive, and I am willing to bet that those guys "the locker room" are sick of losing and enjoyed the chance to win that was on the air in the stadium at the end of that game Sunday.

Lose the locker room - no folks, T2 is here to win the game, and winning cures everything.

jhildebrand
10-11-2011, 07:28 PM
I wonder why they didn't lose the LR when they cut Perrish Cox? :confused:

Weird!

claymore
10-11-2011, 07:28 PM
You thought of this thread when you were taking a dump didnt you?

HORSEPOWER 56
10-11-2011, 07:30 PM

Lose the locker room - no folks, T2 is here to win the game, and winning cures everything.

That's the key. If he can lead the team to wins, he'll be loved, if he can't he'll be despised even more than most based on who he is.

MOtorboat
10-11-2011, 07:30 PM
When you start another one of these damn threads about some conspiracy theory involving Fox or Elway or Tebow, or whoever, could you at least cite sources so that we know what the hell you're reading.

This is just starting to get ridiculous.

P.S. I didn't really read past the first two paragraphs, because have no clue what you are referencing.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-11-2011, 07:31 PM

Nothing more needs to be posted - thread can be closed

Tned
10-11-2011, 07:33 PM

Clay, give the trolling a rest. You can report threads if you have an issue with them.

Northman
10-11-2011, 07:33 PM
Was this thread necessary? Really?

claymore
10-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Clay, give the trolling a rest. You can report threads if you have an issue with them.

I think it was a legitimate question.

Tned
10-11-2011, 07:35 PM
I think it was a legitimate question.

No, it was stupid. Yes, the tebow fanatics are a little over the top, which is probably even more irritating to tebow bashers like you than for the rest of us -- but it is annoying for the rest of us.

However, that dosn't give you the right to be a troll. Two trolls don't make a right.

lgenf
10-11-2011, 07:40 PM

yes it was

so much was made of the damn "lose the locker room" junk at the beginning of the year, it is necessary

I love how all those "experts" were saying no way you can switch to T2, but where are they now?

what are they saying now?

the locker room BS is gone

now they are talking about what he can't do, or how bad he looked doing it.

Tebow didn't enter the game in the second half with the scoreboard EVEN, and with him at QB the TEAM, yes TEAM out played and out scored SD, they didn't win the game and the TEAM lost, but they did win the 2nd half had a few things bouced our way, the TEAM may have won the game even.

for all the experts say he can't do, he sure does a lot.

claymore
10-11-2011, 07:40 PM
No, it was stupid. Yes, the tebow fanatics are a little over the top, which is probably even more irritating to tebow bashers like you than for the rest of us -- but it is annoying for the rest of us.

However, that dosn't give you the right to be a troll. Two trolls don't make a right.

1. I fully support the QB of this team.
2. I was trying to gain knowledge of where these obscure threads come from. I have had these types of thoughts while sitting all alone, taking a dump.

Im sorry if you took it the wrong way. Im not very articulate, and I might have assburgers.

Rex
10-11-2011, 07:42 PM
2. I was trying to gain knowledge of where these obscure threads come from. I have had these types of thoughts while sitting all alone, taking a dump.

Im sorry if you took it the wrong way. Im not very articulate, and I might have assburgers.

I think of a lot of good stuff taking a dump too Clay

MOtorboat
10-11-2011, 07:43 PM
yes it was

so much was made of the damn "lose the locker room" junk at the beginning of the year, it is necessary

I love how all those "experts" were saying no way you can switch to T2, but where are they now?

Tebow didn't enter the game in the second half with the scoreboard EVEN, and with him at QB the TEAM, yes TEAM out played and out scored SD, they didn't win the game and the TEAM lost, but they did win the 2nd half had a few things bouced our way, the TEAM may have won the game even.

Who are you talking about?

Northman
yes it was

I stopped caring what the "experts" say. :lol:

Tned

Clay, don't be an ass. Think about whatever you want while taking a dump and then feel free not to share it.

God I need ******* medication

Lancane
10-11-2011, 07:44 PM
I think this thread is headed to the Black Hole and quickly! :lol:

Rex
Clay, don't be an ass. Think about whatever you want while taking a dump and then feel free not to share it.

God I need ******* medication

Are you constipated?

claymore
I think about Tebow when Im taking a dump.

lgenf
10-11-2011, 07:45 PM

the thought came to me today as I was watching all the "expert's comments" playing back on the TV today from over the last few weeks

all the folks, ex-players like Chris Carter, Hodge, commentators from all different sports talk shows, etc

about the only two folks that gave T2 a chance was Skip Bayless and Woody

even in hindsight these asshats can't give it a rest, they are so dug in to their positions that Tebow will not and cannot succeed in the NFL that they don't even open their eyes to whats happening on the damn field of play

Tned

Clay, give it a ******* rest. You are as bad as the Tebow fanatics, because you are being nothing more than a troll.

Don't like a thread, feel free not to read it. Grow the **** up, dude.

Rex

I think about Giada DeLaurentis

Northman
10-11-2011, 07:46 PM
I think this thread is headed to the Black Hole and quickly! :lol:

Do the "experts" give you that feeling?

Lancane
10-11-2011, 07:47 PM

While taking a dump? You're into the kinky shit aren't you Rex? :laugh:

Lancane
10-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Do the "experts" give you that feeling?

It's a prophetic ability that was gained after listening to Bullgator's prophecies about Tebow, it rubbed off and now I know all and see all, don't you know?

:lol:

MOtorboat
the thought came to me today as I was watching all the "expert's comments" playing back on the TV today from over the last few weeks

all the folks, ex-players like Chris Carter, Hodge, commentators from all different sports talk shows, etc

about the only two folks that gave T2 a chance was Skip Bayless and Woody

even in hindsight these asshats can't give it a rest, they are so dug in to their positions that Tebow will not and cannot succeed in the NFL that they don't even open their eyes to whats happening on the damn field of play

I didn't hear Hoge comment. Cris Carter never said anything about losing the locker room. Marcelus Wiley praised him and put the onus on the coaching. Kordell Stewart thinks he's a great football player, but maybe not a quarterback.

I haven't heard one person say Fox is losing the locker room.

Can you cite specific examples?

jhildebrand
Ok....

I will take the bait and bite more than I did.

If one wanted to attack the "53 best players make the roster" and "losing the locker room over not playing the vet" argument as BS, then clearly the easiest way to do that is through Perrish Cox.

Perrish Cox was easily better than Nate Jones, Cassius Vaughn, and Jonathon Wilhite who had to be brought in via FA because Cox was cut!

We all know why Cox was cut! It had nothing to do with his ability. Why wasn't the LR lost then? :confused: If it is about the best guys....then he should be playing for this team. Furthermore, players could argue he was held accountable for something before a court of law said he was! Something like that might make other players wonder how they might be treated when facing a legal perdicament.

Finally, it isn't as if having Cox on the roster and playing would have set precedent in this league. He simply would have been following the likes of: Lawrence Phillips, Pacman jones, Brandon Marshall, etc...

So we can dismiss this theory of LOSING THE LR.

claymore
10-11-2011, 07:49 PM

Good choice.

lgenf
10-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Interesting article that came out today on the league actually needing Tebow and Cam Newton as the next gen QB and guys that are bigger then the game itself

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7087823/why-nfl-needs-tim-tebow

Thnikkaman
10-11-2011, 07:54 PM
tl;dr

jhildebrand
10-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Ok.

Now this is getting crazy Lgenf.

Your sig says you are a broncos fan. Your posts indicate otherwise.

Give it a rest, brother. The kid is playing and getting his chance. Let it be. Or you may be run from here with a HUGE helping of crow if things don't go well.

Tned
10-11-2011, 07:58 PM
Interesting article that came out today on the league actually needing Tebow and Cam Newton as the next gen QB and guys that are bigger then the game itself

Help us out here, cool it on all the new Tebow threads, and maybe the childish trolling by some won't happen. It's a two way street.

We know you Tebow fans are excited. A lot of us are, but you guys are going over the top so much that you are turning a lot of people off.

Thnikkaman
10-11-2011, 08:05 PM
reported for spam

UnderArmour
10-11-2011, 08:05 PM
When you start another one of these damn threads about some conspiracy theory involving Fox or Elway or Tebow, or whoever, could you at least cite sources so that we know what the hell you're reading.

This is just starting to get ridiculous.

P.S. I didn't really read past the first two paragraphs, because have no clue what you are referencing.

I am also having difficulty trying to figure out who this guy is talking about. Who said Fox is losing the locker room? Where are the links? It's hard to take these threads even half seriously because there isn't anything but false accusations and entirely unfounded conspiracy theories against our players, front office, and coaching staff.

Rex
10-11-2011, 08:06 PM
And R. Moore

Thnikkaman
reported for spam

jhildebrand
For the record

I am a broncos fan and I believe in mile high magic and bleed orange and blue. I celebrate the orange crush, the drive and the Mile High Salute. I create the Thunder. Share the common dream and will forever be a proud citizen of Bronco Country!

I am not a Denver Tebows fan. I am not a Tebowner.

MOtorboat
10-11-2011, 08:13 PM
It's a shame that your eight-billionth thread about Tebow was a link to a well-written, intelligent take on the marketing of an NFL quarterback and the move from a team-first league in the 80s, 90s and early 00s to the star-driven marketing model that the NBA drafted years ago.

Of the three people who post stupid, redundant, trolling Tebow threads, you might have the most potential to take part in intelligent, well thought out debate about the Broncos.

Be better.

Northman
10-11-2011, 08:15 PM
Actually, i think NBA could use Newton and Tebow more. The NFL was doing just fine without either.

MOtorboat
10-11-2011, 08:17 PM
reported for spam

...and... :cricket:

But clay is the troll.

lgenf
10-11-2011, 08:18 PM
It's a shame that your eight-billionth thread about Tebow was a link to a well-written, intelligent take on the marketing of an NFL quarterback and the move from a team-first league in the 80s, 90s and early 00s to the star-driven marketing model that the NBA drafted years ago.

Of the three people who post stupid, redundant, trolling Tebow threads, you might have the most potential to take part in intelligent, well thought out debate about the Broncos.

Be better.

i do realize that I came across the article at a less-than-perfect time to post another new thing about Tebow

but I was out all day and trying to play catch up on all of the days events has me looking for new information not already rehashed by others from this forum

Tned
10-11-2011, 08:20 PM
i do realize that I came across the article at a less-than-perfect time to post another new thing about Tebow

but I was out all day and trying to play catch up on all of the days events has me looking for new information not already rehashed by others from this forum

Like it or not, the out of control excitement your Tebow fans have right now is causing more harm than good to the board. You guys need to reign it in a bit and not start so many threads.

Think about how normal Broncos fans feel about all the "Tebow is like God, but only better, because he will soon rule the NFL" posts flooding our message board.

lgenf
10-11-2011, 08:23 PM
reported for spam

i'm not spamming anything, I came across an article that I read and found interesting, it's as much about Cam Newton as Tebow if you read it

I thought it worth sharing with the masses, if you didn't like it, then that is your choice, but to say I am spamming is rediculous

I started three threads tonight

1 - about me getting tix to the game next sunday and trying to find out if anyone else was going that was on the forum (that got thread crapped by everyone who considers themselves a "lifer" and nothing was done about it

2 - i wrote something about the lose the locker room that I heard so much about today from the replays of all the experts around the sports talk shows, replays of comments made by these folks from the beginning of the year and it seemed each week since

3- this article which was about QB marketing and how some players can be bigger then the shield of the NFL

I'm not injecting tebow threads into other things, I'm not making tebow comments in threads that are not already about him or the QB of the Broncos, so where is the spam?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Like it or not, the out of control excitement your Tebow fans have right now is causing more harm than good to the board. You guys need to reign it in a bit and not start so many threads.

Think about how normal Broncos fans feel about all the "Tebow is like God, but only better, because he will soon rule the NFL" posts flooding our message board.

I'm a huge Tebow supporter, and I admit that some of it has turned me off, not from Tim at all, but from Gator Nation.

Personally, I think Tebow would find some of it disdainful.

Lgenf-
I think it's actually a good article, but maybe the thread title could use a little work....

BeefStew25
10-11-2011, 08:27 PM
The NFL does not need any one player.

/end

Rex
10-11-2011, 08:28 PM

/end

Except Glenn Martinez

MOtorboat
10-11-2011, 08:30 PM

Jimminy Christmas.

There are what, 15-20 active threads on Broncos talk at any given time during the regular season? That means you started nearly 20-25 percent of those threads, and that's in less than, what two hours?

On top of that, we've got two other posters doing the same exact thing about the same exact player...so we're damn near 75 percent of the active threads at any given time.

And you wonder why we get frustrated? Really?

Nomad
10-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Nothing more needs to be posted - thread can be closed

Carol's even getting into the smack!:lol:

Buff
10-11-2011, 08:31 PM
i'm not spamming anything, I came across an article that I read and found interesting, it's as much about Cam Newton as Tebow if you read it

I thought it worth sharing with the masses, if you didn't like it, then that is your choice, but to say I am spamming is rediculous

1 - about me getting tix to the game next sunday and trying to find out if anyone else was going that was on the forum (that got thread crapped by everyone who considers themselves a "lifer" and nothing was done about it

2 - i wrote something about the lose the locker room that I heard so much about today from the replays of all the experts around the sports talk shows, replays of comments made by these folks from the beginning of the year and it seemed each week since

3- this article which was about QB marketing and how some players can be bigger then the shield of the NFL

I'm not injecting tebow threads into other things, I'm not making tebow comments in threads that are not already about him or the QB of the Broncos, so where is the spam?

Starting 3 threads in one night makes you a spammer, for the record.

Rex
10-11-2011, 08:31 PM
If this was the lounge I would point out how I think the NFL needs someone's mom. But I won't.

Northman
10-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Mo's correct.

There's no need to start a new Tebow thread every minute. Use the other Tebow threads currently in use. They all discuss similiar things anyway.

BeefStew25
10-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Except Glenn Martinez

atIR93z8T6M

Tned
10-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Carol's even getting into the smack!:lol:

Yes, lot's of people being rude and out of their normal character at the moment.

It's frustrating that the Tebow/Gator fans are out of their mind with excitement, but the Broncos fans are over-reacting as well.

Good or bad, we are entering a new era in Broncos football, which hopefully won't be like the last 31 games when we were THE WORST IN THE NFL.

Everyone needs to step back and look in the mirror. Those lashing out are just as bad or worse than those giddy with Tebow love.

Northman
10-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Yes, lot's of people being rude and out of their normal character at the moment.

It's frustrating that the Tebow/Gator fans are out of their mind with excitement, but the Broncos fans are over-reacting as well.

Good or bad, we are entering a new era in Broncos football, which hopefully won't be like the last 31 games when we were THE WORST IN THE NFL.

Everyone needs to step back and look in the mirror. Those lashing out are just as bad or worse than those giddy with Tebow love.

It would be nice though to combine some of those threads into the others. Jags is the biggest culprit and has been warned in the past about spamming the board. It doesnt help when Bronco fans start trolling themselves but this shit is getting ridiculous. I figured Tebow starting would quiet these guys down but apparently not.

Tned
10-11-2011, 08:38 PM
It would be nice though to combine some of those threads into the others. Jags is the biggest culprit and has been warned in the past about spamming the board. It doesnt help when Bronco fans start trolling themselves but this shit is getting ridiculous. I figured Tebow starting would quiet these guys down but apparently not.

And it would be nice if those that felt that way reported threads and said so, rather than trolling the threads.

It's funny how three people are making a dozen or more good posters, and Clay and company, act so childish.

Nomad
10-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Yeah, Tebow fanatics could pull the reigns settling themselves and let Tebow prove himself then they could say I told you so.

The conspiracy and other jibberish is gonna make alot of the fanbase dislike the poor kid, not through his fault, before he has a chance, if it hasn't already.

Northman
10-11-2011, 08:41 PM
And it would be nice if those that felt that way reported threads and said so, rather than trolling the threads.

It's funny how three people are making a dozen or more good posters, and Clay and company, act so childish.

I guess the question is, if its reported would their actually be action taken? It took FOREVER to get them to shut down Jags. :lol:

Tned
10-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Yeah, Tebow fanatics could pull the reigns settling themselves and let Tebow prove himself then they could say I told you so.

The conspiracy and other jibberish is gonna make alot of the fanbase dislike the poor kid before he has a chance, if it hasn't already.

I think in large part, that's what turned off much of the local radio guys on Tebow. They got sick of the Tebow fanatics calling up and saying he was better than Elway, Marino and Young combined.

MOtorboat
10-11-2011, 08:43 PM
I guess the question is, if its reported would their actually be action taken? It took FOREVER to get them to shut down Jags. :lol:

We're going on two full days, so I'm guessing the answer is no.

Nomad
10-11-2011, 08:45 PM
I think in large part, that's what turned off much of the local radio guys on Tebow. They got sick of the Tebow fanatics calling up and saying he was better than Elway, Marino and Young combined.

I'm trying to think but I can't recall ever seeing anything like this about a player of any sport.

Tned
10-11-2011, 08:46 PM
We're going on two full days, so I'm guessing the answer is no.

I guess I missed your report. Sorry about that, it must have been the invisible type.

If you have an issue with allowing Tebow fans to start threads about Tebow, start a town hall thread about EXACTLY what type of thread censorship would be acceptable for you. I imagine there are some very strong opinions right now, and we make rules based on community wishes. So, pull your own version of the 99% and we will comply.

Till then, how about we kill the snide comments about what the mods do or don't do, especially if you haven't even made the effort to report a post.

jhildebrand
10-11-2011, 08:47 PM
I figured Tebow starting would quiet these guys down but apparently not.

I thought it would kill it here and on sports radio!

I wish it would have.

All I know is the fanbois as they shall be known (i dont include Bull in this) will have a HUGE helping of crow if this doesn't turn out well.

Tned
10-11-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm trying to think but I can't recall ever seeing anything like this about a player of any sport.

Me either and I'm a VERY casual NCAA fan, so didn't really follow Tebow, although I heard the name. That said, I know a lot of people around here, Razorback fans, that are big Tebow fans. I hear all the time, around here, on radio, Internet, wherever, that many consider him the greatest college football player ever. I guess that's where the fanaticism comes from. Don't know, don't get it.

MOtorboat
10-11-2011, 08:49 PM
I guess I missed your report. Sorry about that, it must have been the invisible type.

If you have an issue with allowing Tebow fans to start threads about Tebow, start a town hall thread about EXACTLY what type of thread censorship would be acceptable for you. I imagine there are some very strong opinions right now, and we make rules based on community wishes. So, pull your own version of the 99% and we will comply.

Till then, how about we kill the snide comments about what the mods do or don't do, especially if you haven't even made the effort to report a post.

Were any of the responses to the OP reported before you accused clay of trolling?

Nomad
10-11-2011, 08:50 PM
For the guys, perhaps the woman start flashing Tebow at the games....like at rock concerts!:lol:

jhildebrand
10-11-2011, 08:51 PM
I remember a "Jesus protect me from you followers" t shirt. Maybe the photoshop smart people could creat a T2 version :confused:

elsid13
I hate Tebow threads. And for the article the NFL would be extremely stupid to attempt to market itself the way NBA does. By de-emphasizing the players and marketing the teams they are not tied to business that can take a hit if young idiot decides to do something extremely stupid.

Tned
Were any of the responses to the OP reported before you accused clay of trolling?

I'm not going to discuss that with you. I didnt accuse Clay of trolling, I pointed out the fact he was. There is a distinction.

chazoe60
10-11-2011, 08:52 PM
While I agree that there are a lot of unnecessary Tebow threads I happen to believe this one raises a valid question. I have been noticing a lot of the "lose the locker room" crap as well.

To address the issue I will simply say this: Any player who has been around for part of, or all of, the train wreck that has been the Orton era in Denver and thinks they have any kind of legitimate bitch about replacing him can kiss my ass. And to take it a step further I believe any player raising a stink about replacing that loser is not dedicated to actually winning games and is probably thinking more about their friendships with Orton than the well being of this franchise, and they don't deserve to be Broncos.

Anyone who watched the game Sunday and still thinks Kyle Orton in any way gives the Broncos a better chance to win is probably blinded by one bias or another.

Npba900
10-11-2011, 08:53 PM

Can't see Tebow nor Cam getting the title "Bigger-Than-The-Game" Itself until of course they string together 3-6 super bowl victories over a 16 plus year career!

Out of curiosity and looking back over the last 70 years what QB's through the years have reminded of Tim Tebow?

MOtorboat
10-11-2011, 08:57 PM
I hate Tebow threads. And for the article the NFL would be extremely stupid to attempt to market itself the way NBA does. By de-emphasizing the players and marketing the teams they are not tied to business that can take a hit if young idiot decides to do something extremely stupid.

I am a fan of both the NBA and Grantland. I think Bill Simmons is a great writer, and his formation of Grantland with some innovative thinkers and writers is, at least, provocative and well thought out.

They do tend to lean towards the types of sports fans who are NBA-centric and gamblers, though. From what I've read, their commentary on the NBA, gambling, boxing and pop culture is spot on. Their commentary on the NFL lacks some, and references their apparent expertise...which I stated above.

I won't say the idea is stupid, but it does go against how the NFL has marketed itself in the past.

MOtorboat
10-11-2011, 09:00 PM
While I agree that there are a lot of unnecessary Tebow threads I happen to believe this one raises a valid question. I have been noticing a lot of the "lose the locker room" crap as well.

To address the issue I will simply say this: Any player who has been around for part of, or all of, the train wreck that has been the Orton era in Denver and thinks they have any kind of legitimate bitch about replacing him can kiss my ass. And to take it a step further I believe any player raising a stink about replacing that loser is not dedicated to actually winning games and is probably thinking more about their friendships with Orton than the well being of this franchise, and they don't deserve to be Broncos.

Anyone who watched the game Sunday and still thinks Kyle Orton in any way gives the Broncos a better chance to win is probably blinded by one bias or another.

As I did with the OP, can you cite specific examples, so that those of us who have not heard said criticism can seek out those commentaries?

chazoe60
10-11-2011, 09:06 PM
As I did with the OP, can you cite specific examples, so that those of us who have not heard said criticism can seek out those commentaries?

I heard it on the radio, for one. I think it was the Doug Gotlieb show. I also read it in an article, sorry it was this morning, maybe it was a Klis article.

Not trying to be rude and I don't make stuff up but I listen to or read sports talk all day (benefit of a good union job with scheduled breaks :laugh: ) so I have a hard time citing exact sources sometimes. I try to be as honest as I can though, I promise.

Nomad
10-11-2011, 09:09 PM
I heard it on the radio, for one. I think it was the Doug Gotlieb show. I also read it in an article, sorry it was this morning, maybe it was a Klis article.

Not trying to be rude and I don't make stuff up but I listen to or read sports talk all day (benefit of a good union job with scheduled breaks :laugh: ) so I have a hard time citing exact sources sometimes. I try to be as honest as I can though, I promise.

I like the Doug Gotlieb show. Another good one is Steve Czaban, but he comes on too early now because of the east coast time. I use to listen to him driving to work on FSR when we lived in NODAK.

MOtorboat
10-11-2011, 09:09 PM

Heard about 3/4 of his show and never heard that.

chazoe60
10-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Heard about 3/4 of his show and never heard that.

I think it was the interview with Tim Hasselback. I think it was Tim that mentioned it. Fairly certain.

MOtorboat
10-11-2011, 09:13 PM
I'm not going to discuss that with you. I didnt accuse Clay of trolling, I pointed out the fact he was. There is a distinction.

I'm really not trying to start an argument, but can you at least understand that you're asking us who feel the excessive amount of threads, citing conspiracy theories or spamming the board about a certain player, are the same as any response that that thread starter receives? If you're asking us to report specific threads for spam, at least be consistent in addressing posters in said thread about their posts, i.e., not making judgment until they are reported.

What I'm seeing, is that a thread starter is ammune to criticism until reported, but anyone who responds is not. It seems inconsistent, especially since you put so much time in telling people you don't moderate.

MOtorboat
10-11-2011, 09:14 PM
I think it was the interview with Tim Hasselback. I think it was Tim that mentioned it. Fairly certain.

I did miss that.

Can you summarize?

chazoe60
10-11-2011, 09:18 PM
I did miss that.

Can you summarize?

It was just one small comment about upsetting the vets on the team.

I am not saying it is a huge thing that every article or radio guy is harping on but I am definitely hearing and reading little rumblings about losing the LR, mad vets, etc.......

Tim Hasselback was saying some crazy shit actually. He said that the Broncos screwed this whole thing up because he claims the FO of the Broncos was telling anyone who would listen that Tebow sucked. He said the FO told everyone that Tebow was 3rd string and even told some he is 4th string. He said it was the team that was "bashing" Tebow at every turn and now they look like idiots for starting him. He was talking crazy shit. It was very out of touch and strange actually. It was like he hadn't been following the situation at all.

MOtorboat
10-11-2011, 09:23 PM
It was just one small comment about upsetting the vets on the team.

I am not saying it is a huge thing that every article or radio guy is harping on but I am definitely hearing and reading little rumblings about losing the LR, mad vets, etc.......

Tim Hasselback was saying some crazy shit actually. He said that the Broncos screwed this whole thing up because he claims the FO of the Broncos was telling anyone who would listen that Tebow sucked. He said the FO told everyone that Tebow was 3rd string and even told some he is 4th string. He said it was the team that was "bashing" Tebow at every turn and now they look like idiots for starting him. He was talking crazy shit. It was very out of touch and strange actually. It was like he hadn't been following the situation at all.

What if what he says is true?

chazoe60
10-11-2011, 09:26 PM
What if what he says is true?

Quit with your reporter shit.

Tned
10-11-2011, 09:26 PM
I'm really not trying to start an argument, but can you at least understand that you're asking us who feel the excessive amount of threads, citing conspiracy theories or spamming the board about a certain player, are the same as any response that that thread starter receives? If you're asking us to report specific threads for spam, at least be consistent in addressing posters in said thread about their posts, i.e., not making judgment until they are reported.

What I'm seeing, is that a thread starter is ammune to criticism until reported, but anyone who responds is not. It seems inconsistent, especially since you put so much time in telling people you don't moderate.

MO, any reasonable person knows that it isn't the same. Posting one liners about taking craps or anything else completely off the topic of the thread or insulting the thread starter is NOT the same as feeling the thread was unnecessary. Not even in the same ball park.

BroncoNut
10-11-2011, 09:27 PM

I like these threads because people get pissed off

BroncoNut
10-11-2011, 09:28 PM

I think you meant Immune

Nomad
10-11-2011, 09:28 PM

You're up late , nut!

BroncoNut
10-11-2011, 09:29 PM
You're up late , nut!

I am. Not tired.

MOtorboat
10-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Quit with your reporter shit.

It's a serious question.

MOtorboat
10-11-2011, 09:34 PM
MO, any reasonable person knows that it isn't the same. Posting one liners about taking craps or anything else completely off the topic of the thread or insulting the thread starter is NOT the same as feeling the thread was unnecessary. Not even in the same ball park.

We're trying to be reasonable about the Tebow trolling too. You may not see it in the same ballpark, but its getting damn close.

One of these idiot called everyone on this site an ******* a week ago, with no repercussions at all.

Nomad
10-11-2011, 09:36 PM
These guys are pros and they'll adjust......the locker room talk is bs. Orton had his chance to improve and do his best, he didn't. The fellas in the locker room know and see this, and will rally behind Tebow.

Dreadnought
10-11-2011, 09:37 PM

If the NFL ever turns into the NBA as far as marketing individual players I will quit following the NFL. Plain and simple. I quit the NBA years ago because of it.

Nomad
10-11-2011, 09:40 PM
If the NFL ever turns into the NBA as far as marketing individual players I will quit following the NFL. Plain and simple. I quit the NBA years ago because of it.

True dat! I miss the days of Stockton to Malone!

MOtorboat
10-11-2011, 09:42 PM

Malone was the biggest flopper in the history of floppers.

:coffee:

Nomad
10-11-2011, 09:44 PM

He had elbows of steel:lol:

BroncoStud
10-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Who is this Tebow guy I keep hearing about? He any good?

Ravage!!!
10-11-2011, 10:10 PM

I HATE the NBA, and its because of that crap. The NFL is far and away the biggest sport and doesn't need to start that kind of BS. It's ruined basketball, surely the NFL can see that.

Ravage!!!
10-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Ok....

I will take the bait and bite more than I did.

If one wanted to attack the "53 best players make the roster" and "losing the locker room over not playing the vet" argument as BS, then clearly the easiest way to do that is through Perrish Cox.

Perrish Cox was easily better than Nate Jones, Cassius Vaughn, and Jonathon Wilhite who had to be brought in via FA because Cox was cut!

We all know why Cox was cut! It had nothing to do with his ability. Why wasn't the LR lost then? :confused: If it is about the best guys....then he should be playing for this team. Furthermore, players could argue he was held accountable for something before a court of law said he was! Something like that might make other players wonder how they might be treated when facing a legal perdicament.

Finally, it isn't as if having Cox on the roster and playing would have set precedent in this league. He simply would have been following the likes of: Lawrence Phillips, Pacman jones, Brandon Marshall, etc...

So we can dismiss this theory of LOSING THE LR.

Wait.. who?

You are trying to compare some obscure player, one that most the NFL has never even heard of (and even most Bronco fans)... to Tebow and the QB position?

This is so far apart from being close, that it can't even be classified in the same genre.

seriously... Perrish who? I don't even remember this guy.

Northman
10-11-2011, 10:18 PM

Thats a shame mate.

Northman
10-11-2011, 10:23 PM

I dont know, Rodman was a pretty good actor too.

jhildebrand
10-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Manu Ginobli just fell down

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-11-2011, 10:37 PM
Manu Ginobli just fell down

He's been working out with Tom Brady's personal trainer. :laugh:

jhildebrand
10-11-2011, 10:37 PM
Wait.. who?

You are trying to compare some obscure player, one that most the NFL has never even heard of (and even most Bronco fans)... to Tebow and the QB position?

This is so far apart from being close, that it can't even be classified in the same genre.

seriously... Perrish who? I don't even remember this guy.

Of course you remember Perrish Cox. Now you can pretend all you want for the sake of your argument, which is weak by the way, that you don't remember him but we all know better.

The fact is many here cited the Orton has to play so Fox doesn't lose the LR. You know that. I know that.

Are we now going to say that only matters at certain positions? Just QB? Just WR? Just Offense? How do you determine? :confused:

The fact is every player at every position on every team in the nfl expects to play if they are the best player regardless of draft position, regardless of draft position, regardless of what position they play.

That was Shanahan's motto and every other coach in the NFL (save for McDummy and he is no longer a coach).

What happens if Perrish is exonerated-Harvey Steinberg so odds are he will be. Then what? The reality is the secondary on this team is TERRIBLE and Cox would be a bigger help than C Vaughn or J Wilhite. But Cox isn't on this team because of his on field performance! He is not here for his off field 'performance.' He was the best CB on this team in the PS after Champ. He aint here.

So again, if it is about the BEST 53 guys being on the field then he should be here. The reality is there are politics, there are extenuating circumstances, there are reasons why the BEST player might not play let alone making the team. So if you believe that, then this fear of losing the LR is complete and UTTER bull shit! These are grown ass men paid to do a job and they realize that, at the end of the day, "it's a business."

"The Business" is also the reason a different QB is playing and named starter right now! The owner or the FO saw "the business" walking out the door at the half and the decision for change was made. I didn't see the LR fall apart. Shoot even Orton was seen as supportive on the sidelines. He has even said half decent things in the wake of the move. Not really signs that the LR fell apart. Unless I missed the link of the all out brawl? :confused:

So we can argue this LR bullcrap like the OP intended, or can just simply realize some are fanbois and let crap like this thread die!

Your call, Rav.

Ravage!!!
10-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Of course you remember Perrish Cox. Now you can pretend all you want for the sake of your argument, which is weak by the way, that you don't remember him but we all know better.

The fact is many here cited the Orton has to play so Fox doesn't lose the LR. You know that. I know that.

Are we now going to say that only matters at certain positions? Just QB? Just WR? Just Offense? How do you determine? :confused:

Yes.. I think its the LEADER type people and positions of the team that make a difference... absolutely. If you think it should/would matter to just ANYONE on the roster, thats ridiculous.

and in all seriousness.... i don't see how you pick Perrish somebody as a choice that it should effect the locker room in the least. Honestly, I know the name, but don't think he makes a rats'ass difference to this team. So I'm pretty confused as to why you would pick some odd, obscure, player to use as your example.

yes.. it matters what position. Yes, it matters on the individual. I know you are better than this jhil. Let the conspiracy theory go. This whole thing has twisted you so much that it's making you out to be someone you aren't.

You are better than this. You are better than the "it wasn't a fair competition" thing.

just so you know... I didn't read past this point because it wasn't necessary. I know where you are going with it, and I think its a weak point.

jhildebrand
10-11-2011, 10:56 PM
Yes.. I think its the LEADER type people and positions of the team that make a difference... absolutely. If you think it should/would matter to just ANYONE on the roster, thats ridiculous.

Long snapper isn't up there on the list of positions that "make a difference."

I recall Mike Leach being sent off for someone who wasn't as qualified. Not only did it ruffle Frau's feathers but there was reported discord in the LR due to the move.

So keep telling me it is ridiculous despite evidence to the contrary.

and in all seriousness.... i don't see how you pick Perrish somebody as a choice that it should effect the locker room in the least. Honestly, I know the name, but don't think he makes a rats'ass difference to this team. So I'm pretty confused as to why you would pick some odd, obscure, player to use as your example.

Because the OP is trying to continue on the road that Fox could still lose the LR based on this T2 move which is BULLSHIT. Could he prior to week 1? You bet. The Shanahan decision on Griese says so. Can he now? I sincerely doubt it.

All I was posting was IF a coach is going to lose a LR, then every player feels they are important to the team and want to know the best player plays. Every player on every team expects that. This is a league full of prima donnas. They all think they are gods gift to their team! The reality is these guys know it is a business and sometimes a business decision has to be made. One player does not make a LR. If it was all about the "best guy" 100% of the time, then people would have thrown a fit about Cox. But they didn't. The players get it. The people/fans get it. So again, the OP can quit complaining.

Finally, look at all the BS McDaniels did. It wasn't until after spygate II and thrashing the team in front of Bowlen did he finally LOSE THE LR

yes.. it matters what position. Yes, it matters on the individual. I know you are better than this jhil. Let the conspiracy theory go. This whole thing has twisted you so much that it's making you out to be someone you aren't.

I am quite twisted. Friggin Tebow :mad:

You are better than this. You are better than the "it wasn't a fair competition" thing.

I gave up on that. The reality is we have moved on, well most of us, save for Lgenf and Jags.

Tebow is starting. All I wanted was Orton out! Mission Accomplished. Now the kid either better put up or shut up. If he can't do it, you know what I will be posting-It is time to see someone else under center.

I just hope it doesn't take 34 games :mad:

just so you know... I didn't read past this point because it wasn't necessary. I know where you are going with it, and I think its a weak point.

Quit lyin. You read it :D A person who likes to debate as much as you can't NOT read it. :lol:

TXBRONC
10-11-2011, 11:13 PM

/end

Guys like Tebow and Newton are certainly not bigger than the game. The game cease to exsist and will be just as exciting without them.

Dreadnought
10-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Merged

jhildebrand
10-11-2011, 11:22 PM
Dread for Mod of the month :beer:

Northman
10-12-2011, 12:17 AM
I like it. Now put Sneakers thread in here.

BroncoNut
10-12-2011, 09:59 AM
Almost every article you read, and it seems anyone that can get in front of a camera over the last few weeks, loves to talk about Fox losing the locker room.

that a decision to switch QBs was going to upset the entire team, that it would be seen as caving in to the fans.

REALLY?

So this team wants to continue with mediocre QB play and continue losing?

we've seen what Orton brings to the table, It's Not Enough!

so we continue to lose, lose another, and another and his play for the first half of the game this past weekend was so bad, there are no adjectives in the english language to describe it - the QBR does a good job a whopping 5.1 (does that thing have negative values?)

so the switch to T2 is going to lose the locker room, hmmmm.....

well, it didn't look that way to me from what I could see of the field Sunday.

Tebow found his groove after a shaky and predictably rusty start and scored a rushing TD (untouched), untouched until he got into the endzone, where is TEAM rallied around him and showered him with hugs and atta boy pats on the back - and smiles.......hmmmm doesn't seem like a lost locker room to me....

but, maybe that was only the guys on the field, maybe the defense was pissed off, clammering for Orton, or the special teams players, they didn't show those guys on the cameras - they showed Orton - clapping for his replacement, probably thinking "well at least I have the locker room still on my side"

the Broncos got the ball back (after a play by the D) surely that was just to get Orton back in the game...no, sadly T2 came back on the field, and as if by magic, a screen pass, caught by moreno (who ran harder then I have seen in two years, and trucked some poor DB at the 5 yd line so badly, that Charger rolled into the endzone with him) surely that TD was one for old Orton.

No - in fact the team seemed rather inspired to play - it almost seemed like everyone was trying harder

then our D gave up a FG late in the game which gave SD the WIN, so our droopy lipped offense went back on the field with only 20 secs left to take a knee in support for Orton......wait, that didn't happen

and insane catch by lloyd, behind the back, over the head and falling out of bounds happened. then another long pass and completion right over the middle, but T2 can't throw the ball with any accuracy (we hear that a lot) that throw on the run looked pretty damn accurate and zippy to me.

And with 1 sec left the ball was spiked and we had one last shot to win.

a wiked looking scramble (that has probably never been seen before with that spin thing he did) a mad dash left, then back to the right and an accurate pass to the end zone that was incomplete. Which every head coach interviewed over the last two days on TV has said, you just ask your guy to not take a sack and give the receivers a chance, which was exactly what he did- it may not have looked pretty, but it was exactly what you ask your QB to do in that situation.

surely all that emotion at the end of the game was the locker room and team clammering for Orton to be back at the starting QB position?

this locker room BS is just that, BS - I'll give you the beginning of the year thing, where everyone under the sun said that T2 wasn't doing well and Orton gave us the best chance to win

but that team on the field at the end of that game didn't look like they were hopeful that Orton was coming off the bench on that last drive, and I am willing to bet that those guys "the locker room" are sick of losing and enjoyed the chance to win that was on the air in the stadium at the end of that game Sunday.

Are you serious Lgenf? I can appreciate a good troll, but you starting this thread is off the chain

BroncoStud
10-12-2011, 10:05 AM
This ******* Tebow shit is getting out of hand...

lgenf
10-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Are you serious Lgenf? I can appreciate a good troll, but you starting this thread is off the chain

yes = serious

there were more then a few video clips and or audio clips playing all day Monday in the pre-tebow starting announcement, that had person after person ON TAPE saying that the front office HAD to start Orton, that the Vets on the team would never stand for just "giving" someone that hadn't earned the starting position

my point was, it didn't appear to me that the Vets on the team seemed to unhappy when T2 was leading the charge on what came very close to being his second come from behind victory

it appears that even if they like Orton as a friend, they are more tired of losing - and that the BS of Losing the Locker Room was just that BS

the team will be behind whoever gets the team to some wins

GEM
10-12-2011, 11:32 AM
All these posts that were bothering everyone have been condensed to one place. If you don't want to read it, no one is forcing you to. Quit posting irrelevant posts to the point of the thread. Either discuss the topic or don't open the thread.

lgenf
10-12-2011, 11:35 AM
All these posts that were bothering everyone have been condensed to one place. If you don't want to read it, no one is forcing you to. Quit posting irrelevant posts to the point of the thread. Either discuss the topic or don't open the thread.

he asked a question and I answered it

that is a discussion

all their posts about taking a dump bothered me

Thnikkaman
10-12-2011, 11:35 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Bye-Week---Tuesday-Tebow/d35605b3-093d-433f-892f-2f425455cb2d

The link above is an interview with Timmeh himself regarding his response to being named starter.

OMorange&blue
10-12-2011, 11:36 AM
I thought lugnut was the topic. It's right there in the thread title.

GEM
10-12-2011, 11:53 AM
he asked a question and I answered it

that is a discussion

all their posts about taking a dump bothered me

And that is why they were deleted and a warning was posted in thread to keep it on topic.

GEM
10-12-2011, 12:13 PM
People asked for a way to condense all the Tebow spamming threads, it happened. Now to sit and mock it for happening or to nitpick the title of the thread because numerous threads had to be merged. :rolleyes:

If you don't want to be bothered with those you see as Gator fan guys, stay out of the threads. If you choose to peruse and reply, keep it on topic. The topic isn't taking a dump. The topic isn't the poster who started the thread. And the topic isn't mocking the job the mods are trying to do to keep the peace while also not censoring members.