PDA

View Full Version : Orton vs Tebow week 7 ?

T.K.O.
10-11-2011, 01:29 PM
how crazy would it be to see the broncos ship Orton to miami before the oct 18th deadline (for a pick....any pick at this point).
that would be epic to see Tebow face Orton in his 1st start this year:laugh:

Juriga72
10-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Miami's o-line is WORSE than ours right now...so yeah I too would love to see it....

vandammage13
10-11-2011, 01:59 PM
It would be interesting, but Miami has no interest in Orton at this point.

If they didn't like him enough to pick him up before, I'm sure they like him even less after the last 5 games.

Northman
10-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Orton isnt going anywhere. Why people think he is all of a sudden going to get shipped to Miami is hilarious. Even Matt Moore is better than Orton and that isnt saying much.

claymore
10-11-2011, 02:00 PM
No team needs a backup QB bad enough to trade for Orton.

CrazyHorse
10-11-2011, 02:05 PM
That would be hilarious.

vandammage13
10-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Plus consider that Miami has a lame duck coach who will be gone after this year and they are probably in the lead for the Luck Sweepstakes...They have probably come to terms with chalking up this season as a loss at this point.

GEM
10-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Maybe they can pop Tebow in Von's spot and let him give Orton the stink eye and Orton can fall on the ground crying. It will be the full fledged dismantling of Orton. He'd be in a rubber room crying Tebow like the Riddler when Batman was done with him.

:laugh:

Northman
10-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Maybe they can pop Tebow in Von's spot and let him give Orton the stink eye and Orton can fall on the ground crying. It will be the full fledged dismantling of Orton. He'd be in a rubber room crying Tebow like the Riddler when Batman was done with him.

:laugh:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110308032724/batman/images/0/0f/The_Riddler_defeated_2.jpg

ctilt
10-11-2011, 02:27 PM
It may be Tebow time, but is he the cure-all for the Denver Broncos?

Read this awesome article from Football Nation discussing the recent quarterback switch.

http://www.footballnation.com/content/goal-line-stand-is-it-finally-tebow-time/9775/

Northman
10-11-2011, 02:30 PM

Read this awesome article from Football Nation discussing the recent quarterback switch.

http://www.footballnation.com/content/goal-line-stand-is-it-finally-tebow-time/9775/

Best quote from the article.

The status of the bet is currently up in the air. Tebow’s topsy-turvy NFL career is clearly undefined at the moment.

GEM
10-11-2011, 02:31 PM

Take your promoting your site somewhere else, we already have jagsbtch spamming our board.

GEM
10-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Best quote from the article.

That is some quality ******* writing right there.

GEM
10-11-2011, 02:33 PM
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110308032724/batman/images/0/0f/The_Riddler_defeated_2.jpg

He does have that goofball so confused look on his face, there is a resemblance. :lol:

T.K.O.
10-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Orton knows his value has taken a bigger beating than the Broncos this season...i bet he would jump at a shot in miami . he's got zero future in denver and can at least share fond memories of his record setting game with Marshall.
the scenario is just too good to pass up....make it happen Mr Bowlen !!!!!!:laugh:

Northman
10-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Orton knows his value has taken a bigger beating than the Broncos this season...i bet he would jump at a shot in miami . he's got zero future in denver and can at least share fond memories of his record setting game with Marshall.
the scenario is just too good to pass up....make it happen Mr Bowlen !!!!!!:laugh:

So your saying that Orton is now come to grips with himself that he isnt worth the money/contract he was looking for initially from Miami? That all of a sudden he wants out of Denver?

While his value has dropped (shocker there) he really has nothing to worry about anymore. In some ways he can just sit back and watch the Tebow era unfold. If Tebow takes a dump he will just smile to himself. He's gone at the end of the year so if Tebow plays well he wont have to deal with Denver anymore. But right now he can ride the pine and get paid. He snookered McD and now he just can chill without all the hassle. Add in the fact that Miami sees all this and sees Orton is exactly what they thought he was. Why would they want to ruin a shot at a real QB in the next draft?

T.K.O.
10-11-2011, 02:53 PM
So your saying that Orton is now come to grips with himself that he isnt worth the money/contract he was looking for initially from Miami? That all of a sudden he wants out of Denver?

While his value has dropped (shocker there) he really has nothing to worry about anymore. In some ways he can just sit back and watch the Tebow era unfold. If Tebow takes a dump he will just smile to himself. He's gone at the end of the year so if Tebow plays well he wont have to deal with Denver anymore. But right now he can ride the pine and get paid. He snookered McD and now he just can chill without all the hassle. Add in the fact that Miami sees all this and sees Orton is exactly what they thought he was. Why would they want to ruin a shot at a real QB in the next draft?

yeah but if denver chooses to trade him (which he has no say in)he will make the same $$ but have one more shot at a starting role.
if he "rides the pine" the other 31 teams will have only his piss poor 4.5 games this year to base a decision on.
i think he and his agent would benefit from the move....unless sage rosenfalls beats him out:D

HORSEPOWER 56
10-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Facing Orton as Miami's starting QB would be AMAZING. Doom and Von would have a field day sacking the living shit out of him all day long.

Northman
10-11-2011, 03:03 PM
yeah but if denver chooses to trade him (which he has no say in)he will make the same $$ but have one more shot at a starting role.
if he "rides the pine" the other 31 teams will have only his piss poor 4.5 games this year to base a decision on.
i think he and his agent would benefit from the move....unless sage rosenfalls beats him out:D

Denver wont trade him mate. He's the only true vet we have.

T.K.O.
10-11-2011, 03:07 PM
Denver wont trade him mate. He's the only true vet we have.

a vet with a 5-22 record in 27 games....i dont think that counts;)
i know what your saying but if they can get even a 7th for him now...they have to pull the trigger....at years end they get squat !
and they have quinn if Tebow goes down.
if the team continues to lose with tebow they gain nothing by putting Orton back in...the season will be lost by then anyway and you just give the other guys reps and game exp.....
it's an absolute no-brainer to take any and all offers...the trick here will be to get one

Northman
10-11-2011, 03:09 PM
a vet with a 5-22 record in 27 games....i dont think that counts;)
i know what your saying but if they can get even a 7th for him now...they have to pull the trigger....at years end they get squat !
and they have quinn if Tebow goes down.
if the team continues to lose with tebow they gain nothing by putting Orton back in...the season will be lost by then anyway and you just give the other guys reps and game exp.....
it's an absolute no-brainer to take any and all offers...the trick here will be to get one

In a perfect world that would be nice. But sadly i think that window has passed.

BroncoStud
10-11-2011, 03:45 PM
That would be some funny shit. I would pay good money to watch Von Miller piledrive Orton 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

Ravage!!!
10-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Miami is in serious run for Luck. Why would they trade for a QB?

T.K.O.
10-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Miami is in serious run for Luck. Why would they trade for a QB?

Orton could add the needed spark to ensure they land the pick !;)

Canmore
10-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Orton could add the needed spark to ensure they land the pick !;)

That's what I was thinking. :lol:

dunk7
10-11-2011, 05:18 PM
I could see Washington taking a shot at Orton.

Magnificent Seven
10-11-2011, 06:24 PM
how crazy would it be to see the broncos ship Orton to miami before the oct 18th deadline (for a pick....any pick at this point).
that would be epic to see Tebow face Orton in his 1st start this year:laugh:

Don't forget CB Champ Bailey vs. WR Brandon Marshall! :defense:

Magnificent Seven
10-11-2011, 06:29 PM
However, it will be easy game for Champ Bailey. Why? Miller and Doom will force Miami's QB to eat more grasses!

dunk7
10-12-2011, 02:40 PM
In Gil Brandt's article today, he lists trades that make sense to occur this coming week. If Denver makes his suggested trade, I will never cheer for them ever again (and have my Broncos tattoo removed). He suggests that Denver trades Orton to Miami for a draft pick (I'm cool with that), then use that pick and package with Lloyd for Jimmy Clausen. Seriously?!? Gil needs to be put in a "home".

BroncoStud
10-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Clausen might be the worst QB I've ever seen take an NFL field.

Another Kiper/McShay failure.

Ravage!!!
10-12-2011, 03:24 PM
I could see Washington taking a shot at Orton.

Why? They already have the QB that beat him out in Chicago.

Cugel
10-12-2011, 03:33 PM

That puts it all in perspective:

The Broncos are a bad team with subpar talent at most key positions, ranking 20th or below in rushing offense, passing offense, rushing defense, passing defense, special teams, and turnover margin. They have little depth and littler chance of competing in the playoffs. Their fans are in an awkward purgatory, unsure whether to embrace John Fox and the new regime or root for the team to Suck For Luck. The one thing nobody wants is a boring 5-11 season helmed by Kyle Orton.

Ain't it the truth? What reason is there to watch Broncos football this year if Orton continued to be the QB? I was just watching because as a fan I can't seem to turn away. I've always watched Broncos football on Sundays, good bad or indifferent and I can't change.

If I go and do something useful with my Sunday I feel guilty like I missed out - even if they lose badly. My week feels empty. Don't know why. :coffee:

But with Tebow in there there's some excitement. What will Tebow do this week?

It's sure to be exciting if nothing else and that's a great reason to make the change.

While Orton’s skills are plain, Tebow’s are harder to decipher. He was one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the college game but lacks the fundamentals just about every other NFL quarterback possesses. His throws are awkward, wobbly, inaccurate, erratic. His reads are elementary, his progressions painfully slow. Watching Tim Tebow play quarterback in the NFL can be an excruciating experience for those raised on a diet of Manning, Brady, and Brees.

But watching Tebow play is an uplifting experience for those raised on a diet of Kyle Orton.

dunk7
10-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Why? They already have the QB that beat him out in Chicago.

HAHA true...but Shanny may want to show that he can succeed where McDouche failed.