PDA

View Full Version : John Fox announces that Tim Tebow is staring QB

Tned
10-11-2011, 09:15 AM
Multiple reports on Twitter, starting to Josina Anderson, reporting that Fox just announced to the team that Tim Tebow is the starting QB.

claymore
10-11-2011, 09:16 AM
Id like to say I had my Tebow Jersey before this was announced.

Dreadnought
10-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Excellent. No doubt we can now focus our talk about other aspects of the Denver Broncos, and just root for this kid to light up the League. And if he does not we'll see what we'll see come draft day.

So, who wants to start a Cassius Vaughn thread?

Northman
10-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Good move by Fox and co. Time to see if they kid can be the guy or not.

TXBRONC
10-11-2011, 09:20 AM
It was expected. It would have been funny to watch the UF Tebowites if Fox had said Quinn is the next man up. :lol:

BroncoJoe
10-11-2011, 09:21 AM
Dear God, this forum (and others) are going to get blown up.

BroncoStud
10-11-2011, 09:24 AM
I'm amost bummed. The epic meltdown that we would have witnessed had Fox announced Orton as the starter would have been the stuff of legend.

Tned
10-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Excellent. No doubt we can now focus our talk about other aspects of the Denver Broncos, and just root for this kid to light up the League. And if he does not we'll see what we'll see come draft day.

I'm guessing this was dead pan humour!! :lol:

chazoe60
10-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Torch and pitchfork salesmen all over the state are crying in their cheerios.

BroncoNut
10-11-2011, 09:29 AM

oh, so now everyone's latching onto Cass' sack (I LOVE this phrase) because of the pick 6. 4 days ago folks wanted him off the team.

Krugan
10-11-2011, 09:29 AM
So 4 weeks until the next "change QB" explosion then? or is it 33, I cant keep track anymore:)

Just keeping the whine gates free and ready to accept the overflow.

FYI, im happy for the change, its about time.

GEM
10-11-2011, 09:37 AM
I think we wouldn't have a Mile High if they would have put Quinn in there on Sunday. :lol:

slim
10-11-2011, 09:44 AM
Well, this should be interesting, if nothing else.

I don't expect him to look like a vet, just show a little improvement every week....baby steps Tim.

BroncoNut
10-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Great. a first round pic of 2-3 years ago stares at things. Thanks Josh :hi:

Northman
10-11-2011, 09:48 AM

I don't expect him to look like a vet, just show a little improvement every week....baby steps Tim.

Exactly.

But i have a feeling if he struggles we will hear the anti-Tebow's saying "SEE! HE SUCKS!".

:lol:

claymore
10-11-2011, 09:55 AM
I hope he is either great, or sucks bad. I dont want a middle of the road QB.

Nomad
10-11-2011, 09:57 AM
This is his 4th start in his professional career.!

claymore high fives:D

slim
10-11-2011, 09:57 AM
Exactly.

But i have a feeling if he struggles we will hear the anti-Tebow's saying "SEE! HE SUCKS!".

I am sure they will be as fair and balanced as Keith Olbermann.

vandammage13
10-11-2011, 10:08 AM
I'm glad we won't have to talk about how bad Orton is now.

BORDERLINE
10-11-2011, 10:10 AM
Great news, I just think it was 5 games late. Let's say Tebow does play well we have what 11 games left. To get to a 9-7 record we would have to win 8 out of 11. If he gets us anywhere close to that do you guys still want EFX to draft a QB? Whatever might happen I know Tebow will play hard win or lose I can't question the kids heart

DenBronx
10-11-2011, 10:11 AM
There's a big ass banner on nfl.com that says "BREAKING NEWS, BRONCOS NAME TEBOW STARTER" :lol:

Duh!

DenBronx
10-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Colin Cowherd on The Herd is just slamming Tebow and the Broncos today.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/podcast/archive?id=2799707

Basically saying the fans screamed and pouted long enough now we're all screwed.

Tned
10-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Hodge did on Sportscenter as well.

Also, John Clayton saying that a combination of Orton playing bad and fan pressure forced the move, but nothing has changed, Broncos consider him the third best QB on the team.

vandammage13
10-11-2011, 10:23 AM

Screw him...Cowherd is an elitist.

He has admitted that he says things to rile people up because it is good for business.

Occaisionally he'll make some funny quips or have some insightful guest on his show, but by in large, his show is merely entertainment and not a good source of unbiased coverage.

Thnikkaman
10-11-2011, 10:24 AM
Multiple reports on Twitter, starting to Josina Anderson, reporting that Fox just announced to the team that Tim Tebow is the starting QB.

GLAD i DRAFTED HIM IN OME OF MY KEEPER LEAGUES

Tned
10-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Did you guys see Trent Dilfer on Monday night countdown last night? I didn't watch it then, but they replayed it multiple times on Sports Center this morning.

Dilfer going on and on about how undeveloped Tebow is, how they will have to drastically reduce the playbook, and that it will stunt the growth of all of the young WR, TE's and other players on offense.

slim
10-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Did you guys see Trent Dilfer on Monday night countdown last night? I didn't watch it then, but they replayed it multiple times on Sports Center this morning.

Dilfer going on and on about how undeveloped Tebow is, how they will have to drastically reduce the playbook, and that it will stunt the growth of all of the young WR, TE's and other players on offense.

The talking heads have painted themselves in a corner. Now all they can do is hope TT fails.

I hope he succeeds just so I can watch Hoge's head explode.

jlarsiii
10-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Exactly.

So, already trying to deflect criticism of Tebow before he starts North? Why are you trying to do that? No confidence in Tebow?

I don't know who is anti-Tebow (stated in another post), but I know there are posters like me who have doubts and legitimate concerns about his skill set. I ABSOLUTELY reserve the right to say he sucks if indeed he does!

I am not wishing or hoping that he sucks, but I will not be afraid to criticize him. I will call it like it is.

If he is great I will be cheering him, and if he sucks I will be critical of him. It goes the same for every other player, and coach, on this team.

MOtorboat
10-11-2011, 10:39 AM
They would have been insane not to start him after giving him a half last week.

underrated29
So, already trying to deflect criticism of Tebow before he starts North? Why are you trying to do that? No confidence in Tebow?

I don't know who is anti-Tebow (stated in another post), but I know there are posters like me who have doubts and legitimate concerns about his skill set. I ABSOLUTELY reserve the right to say he sucks if indeed he does!

I am not wishing or hoping that he sucks, but I will not be afraid to criticize him. I will call it like it is.

If he is great I will be cheering him, and if he sucks I will be critical of him. It goes the same for every other player, and coach, on this team.

I think North is saying more along the lines of if- tt throws an int, or loses a game or anything, basically the first mistake he makes (which he will) and people will be saying see he sucks.

LawDog
Jay Glazer on the DP show shortly after it was announced, commented that a few weeks ago Fox had a Tebow package in and it was not used (McCoy?) and that after that he "insisted" that it be used and to get Tebow into the game. Weird that until the second half of the Charger game, he had only been used as a one-play, QB draw in extremely safe situations. Contrast that with what Fox said after the first time Tim was in "we used him and lost yardage". A lot of us saw that as Fox saying, "shaddup already, we put him in". Now I'm thinking that maybe Fox was calling out McCoy for his extremely conservative use of Tebow. Glazer was very clear that it was absolutely Fox's call to go with Tebow as the starter.

Dreadnought
10-11-2011, 10:40 AM
The talking heads have painted themselves in a corner. Now all they can do is hope TT fails.

I hope he succeeds just so I can watch Hoge's head explode.

Hear Hear. Even our worst FLA Tebow fanbois are less annoying than professional ESPN commentators and most of the Football press. I generally hate them with a venomous passion, enough to turn me from a Tebow skeptic to a full-on supporter :D

slim
10-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Hear Hear. Even our worst FLA Tebow fanbois are less annoying than professional ESPN commentators and most of the Football press. I generally hate them with a venomous passion, enough to turn me from a Tebow skeptic to a full-on supporter :D

jagsbitch may be as annoying as Hoge....it's pretty close.

JaxBroncoGirl
10-11-2011, 10:46 AM
I have truely no idea about the love/hate relationship about Tebow. Thing is he brings back excitement and scoring drives (not pretty) and wins. I am not sure, but I think the haters hate on him because he pulls out wins. He is a great kid, no drugs, doesn't beat women nor dogs and to my knowledge is not a thug wanna be. WTF people.

T.K.O.
10-11-2011, 10:46 AM

Basically saying the fans screamed and pouted long enough now we're all screwed.

i guess he had'nt noticed how "screwed" we already are:laugh:
hard to do much worse than 5 wins in 21 games...i think;)

GEM
10-11-2011, 10:48 AM

Trent Dilfer is a tool who only has a ring because his defense won him one. He's a scrub who got lucky and with that luck came an announcer job. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. :lol:

GEM
10-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Football announcers don't talk football and they don't report. They build on opinions that are going to garner ratings. Most probably don't believe a word of what they are spewing, but it gets listeners. They are pretty much trash in today's world.

Ravage!!!
10-11-2011, 10:50 AM
We WILL have to reduce the playbook for Tim. Thats not a bash on him, but its the reality. Its why Jaws was so adamant about him not ready to play way back in the draft and after watchign his game film. Tim has a very limited understanding of reading defenses....by his own admission he said he didn't understand what defenses were trying to do, thus not truly being able to recognize them.

The coaches HAVE to give him one or two reads on the same hash. He can make things happen with his running, but the playbook will be narrowed down, and that will shrink the field....especially once defenses get a handle on what TT has difficulties with identifying.

But thats ok. I'd rather watch Tebow struggle than watch Orton bore me to tears and piss me off with his bad play.

Ravage!!!
10-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Trent Dilfer is a tool who only has a ring because his defense won him one. He's a scrub who got lucky and with that luck came an announcer job. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. :lol:

you don't have to be a great football player to know what you are talking about.

MileHighCrew
10-11-2011, 10:55 AM
I'm not a huge Tebow fan (yet time will tell) and I am concerned about parts of his game, but I am excited for the rest of the season and last Sunday the 2nd half was the most exciting Broncos football I have seen this year. For that reason alone I am glad TT is the starter.
I can't wait for some more exciting Broncos football

Tned
10-11-2011, 10:56 AM
We WILL have to reduce the playbook for Tim. Thats not a bash on him, but its the reality. Its why Jaws was so adamant about him not ready to play way back in the draft and after watchign his game film. Tim has a very limited understanding of reading defenses....by his own admission he said he didn't understand what defenses were trying to do, thus not truly being able to recognize them.

The coaches HAVE to give him one or two reads on the same hash. He can make things happen with his running, but the playbook will be narrowed down, and that will shrink the field....especially once defenses get a handle on what TT has difficulties with identifying.

But thats ok. I'd rather watch Tebow struggle than watch Orton bore me to tears and piss me off with his bad play.

I don't doubt that Tebow has a long way to go, but one of the things Dilfer was yapping about on Sunday was how Tebow could only go through to progressions, not the three or four you want a QB to go through. Apparently he has never watched Orton and seen that he almost always locks on and throws to the first receiver he looks at, whether open or not.

DenBronx
10-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Hodge did on Sportscenter as well.

Also, John Clayton saying that a combination of Orton playing bad and fan pressure forced the move, but nothing has changed, Broncos consider him the third best QB on the team.

Wasnt he always tied for 2nd with Quinn?

These guys all want to bring up that he was 3rd or 4th on the depth chart. What will they all do when he starts winning games? What will be their arguments then?

GEM
10-11-2011, 10:58 AM
you don't have to be a great football player to know what you are talking about.

He doesn't know for sure. No one does. It's all assumptions because it's unconventional.

If he fails, he fails and these guys can go on a slobberfest of I told you so's. If he doesn't fail, these tools won't eat their words and will make excuses. But until he proves them right, it's ALL opinions.

Tned
10-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Wasnt he always tied for 2nd with Quinn?

These guys all want to bring up that he was 3rd or 4th on the depth chart. What will they all do when he starts winning games? What will be their arguments then?

It all goes back to the Yahoo Silver article, saying they felt even Weber was better than him. If you listen to the Legwold video I posted yesterday, he addresses the whole #2/3 thing and is clearly pissed that he thinks the team misled the media about Quinn being #2.

I Eat Staples
10-11-2011, 10:59 AM

I'll do it but it will be about cutting him ASAP.

slim
10-11-2011, 11:00 AM

That is fair. And it's not really that different than any young QB....they will either improve with experience or they won't.

The problem is in completely writing the kid off before he has a chance to show whether he can get better.

jlarsiii
10-11-2011, 11:03 AM
I think North is saying more along the lines of if- tt throws an int, or loses a game or anything, basically the first mistake he makes (which he will) and people will be saying see he sucks.

I am sure that is the way it will be. Those who have been overly critical of Tebow will jump on any mistake. Still, that is what fans do. Any player makes one mistake, more likely a large mistake rather than a small one, and they will be called out on it as we have seen.

Northman
10-11-2011, 11:04 AM

Confidence doesnt have anything to do with it. Ive been on the fence the entire time with Tebow waiting to see what he can do. Unlike yourself who has basically written him off the day he was drafted. :lol:

Northman
10-11-2011, 11:05 AM

Exactly. But you can see who responded and that pretty much sums up that. :lol:

Northman
10-11-2011, 11:08 AM

Why Gem, what do you mean? Look at the greatness that was Trent after four games.

T. Dilfer:
704 yds 3 TD, 5 Int

T.Tebow:
730 yds, 5 passing TDs, 4 Rushing TDs, 3 Ints

underrated29
10-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Jay Glazer on the DP show shortly after it was announced, commented that a few weeks ago Fox had a Tebow package in and it was not used (McCoy?) and that after that he "insisted" that it be used and to get Tebow into the game. Weird that until the second half of the Charger game, he had only been used as a one-play, QB draw in extremely safe situations. Contrast that with what Fox said after the first time Tim was in "we used him and lost yardage". A lot of us saw that as Fox saying, "shaddup already, we put him in". Now I'm thinking that maybe Fox was calling out McCoy for his extremely conservative use of Tebow. Glazer was very clear that it was absolutely Fox's call to go with Tebow as the starter.

Wow. Thats great. I am actually liking fox more and more. Remember I was very against making him our HC.....But I am VERY VERY VERY against Mccoy as our OC- as I have been vocal on that for 3 years now. But if Fox is not liking mccoy so much either with his OC calls, this is a good thing.

TXBRONC
10-11-2011, 11:20 AM
I have truely no idea about the love/hate relationship about Tebow. Thing is he brings back excitement and scoring drives (not pretty) and wins. I am not sure, but I think the haters hate on him because he pulls out wins. He is a great kid, no drugs, doesn't beat women nor dogs and to my knowledge is not a thug wanna be. WTF people.

Well JBG he still only has one win to to his credit atm. But here is his chance prove the naysayer wrong.

I would also like to remind you that I told you Tebow would get his chance. :D

jlarsiii
Confidence doesnt have anything to do with it. Ive been on the fence the entire time with Tebow waiting to see what he can do. Unlike yourself who has basically written him off the day he was drafted. :lol:

I don't believe you. If you are truly "on the fence" then why try to set up a deflection of criticism for the QB? Why not wait and see as you sit on the fence? I think you did that so you could come out later with a bunch of "I told you so" if someone actually is critical of the dude.

And for the record I have never written him off. I think he is kind of lacking and/or deficient in many areas of being a pro QB but that doesn't mean he can't improve. He just has to show me he can before I will buy into him as our QB hook, line, and sinker. To me that is being "on the fence"

BroncoStud
We will see in the Miami game is Mike McCoy is worth a crap or not. My guess is that he isn't. Maybe he'll surprise me and show some creativity.

NightTerror218
10-11-2011, 11:21 AM
Starting in Miami will be for him. He is going to have a lot of gator fans at the game.

vandammage13
10-11-2011, 11:21 AM

Interesting take...I haven't heard that before. Perhaps Fox wasn't as down on Tebow as we thought.

wayninja
10-11-2011, 11:23 AM
We will see in the Miami game is Mike McCoy is worth a crap or not. My guess is that he isn't. Maybe he'll surprise me and show some creativity.

Hmm... not sure I get that. I think McCoy is the only competent staffer we have at this point...

Northman
10-11-2011, 11:23 AM
I don't believe you. If you are truly "on the fence" then why try to set up a deflection of criticism for the QB? Why not wait and see as you sit on the fence? I think you did that so you could come out later with a bunch of "I told you so" if someone actually is critical of the dude.

You dont have to believe me, i dont care. Plenty of people have seen my views on this situation from the word go.

I just know that after the Miami game we will have 1 of 2 things happen.

If we win and Tebow looks great, Jags and Bull will be here saying we win the SB this year. If we lose, we will have guys coming in and saying he sucks and needs to be pulled for Quinn.

Fact is, Tebow will be learning on the go. Im waiting until the end of the year to determine if i think he can make it or has progressed enough as a QB before i judge him.

vandammage13
10-11-2011, 11:25 AM

I have a feeling that if Tebow has even a semblance of the winning success he had in college for the Broncos, that many Bronco fans will become just as much of a Tebow fanboi as the Gator fans are.

Winning does that.

There's also that "he can't" vibe continuously streamed through the media that make his fans rally around him...We'll probably see that rallying happen in Denver if Tebow wins ugly and the talking heads still come up with excuses.

Its only natural to back your guy.

All I'm saying is don't be so dismissive of the fanbois because it is quite possible you will become one too one day. (Except maybe not as fanatical as ol huckleberry.)

NightTerror218
10-11-2011, 11:27 AM
I have a feeling that if Tebow has even a semblance of the winning success he had in college for the Broncos, that many Bronco fans will become just as much of a Tebow fanboi as the Gator fans are.

Winning does that.

And a guy with good personality and people skills too. He is a great guy and great football player. Time for the transition into good Qb.

Northman
10-11-2011, 11:27 AM

Winning does that.

Elway was the greatest QB ever in my opinion. It would take A LOT for Tebow to unseat him in that regard.

jlarsiii
10-11-2011, 11:30 AM
You dont have to believe me, i dont care. Plenty of people have seen my views on this situation from the word go.

I just know that after the Miami game we will have 1 of 2 things happen.

If we win and Tebow looks great, Jags and Bull will be here saying we win the SB this year. If we lose, we will have guys coming in and saying he sucks and needs to be pulled for Quinn.

Fact is, Tebow will be learning on the go. Im waiting until the end of the year to determine if i think he can make it or has progressed enough as a QB before i judge him.

I agree with you there for the most part. I will give Tebow at least to the end of this season before making any firm opinions of the guy, and even then that will only be about one season's worth of starts so more time will likely be given to eval the guy.

I have a hard time thinking that anyone will call for his removal after one start though. Even if it is horrendous most fans will give him more than one start to show what he has got.

MileHighCrew
10-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Elway was the greatest QB ever in my opinion. It would take A LOT for Tebow to unseat him in that regard.

you couldn't replace Elway with anyone IMO. Because of my age, my love of the Broncos started and grew with Elway.

slim
10-11-2011, 11:32 AM

Most rational people have doubts about TT.

North is talking about the people that want TT to fail. People like Merrill Hoge, Nate Kreckman, Cugal and NAMBLA900...just to name a few. These people will nitpick every mistake and completely gloss over any and all positives.

There is nothing wrong with criticizing poor play, but let's keep it fair and balanced. I think that is all North was saying.

Ravage!!!
10-11-2011, 11:33 AM
I don't think the next couple of games are going to be the true determinate as to where Tebow is at. Right now, he's going to be flying high on energy. Defenses won't be 'quite' sure how to defend him, and probably won't have narrowed down his true weaknesses. But after the first 2-3 games.... thats when we'll see what Tebow has as a QB. Thats when teams will have the film on him, will have seen what he can and can not do, and will have enough info to really test him on his QBing rather than his athleticism.

vandammage13
10-11-2011, 11:34 AM

And Miami fans would say Marino, 9ers fans Montana, Pats fans Brady, Colts fans Manning...

Just saying youre gonna back your guy. Odds are Tebow won't surpass Elway in Broncos Lore, but that doesn't mean he won't have people become staunch/rabid supporters while he's here.

Northman
10-11-2011, 11:35 AM
I have a hard time thinking that anyone will call for his removal after one start though. Even if it is horrendous most fans will give him more than one start to show what he has got.

And see, i wont be surprised. I mean shit, all it took was for Tebow to come in and now Jags thinks we will win out. There are crazy people on the opposite ends of the spectrum who are delusional in automatically thinking that Tebow will succeed or fail. And it was the ones who think he will fail without letting it play out to which i was addressing with my comment. I have no problem with people criticizing Tebow's mechanics. I still do that with Jay Cutler and i like that kid. But my problem comes from those who write him off after 3 1/2 games. It really didnt take me long to debunk a lot of guys like Hodge and Dilfer. Maybe they do it for ratings, maybe not. But if im a media guy i wouldnt want to put my name on something i didnt really believe in.

Ravage!!!
10-11-2011, 11:37 AM
There is nothing wrong with criticizing poor play, but let's keep it fair and balanced. I think that is all North was saying.

I agree with this, but the problem is that people won't see whats fair. I mean, I'm THRILLED Orton is no longer starting for us....but the criticisms here were not "fair and balanced" in the least. I think there will be a lot more people being very "defensive" when it comes to Tebow of any kind of criticism, and as a result the boards are going to be.... harsher.

The first few weeks EVERYONE could simply bash on Orton, as it was easy and everyone enjoyed it. Now that there is a person in the lineup that has mixed fanbases... its not going to be everyone ganging up on the one player and everyone enjoying the bash on the QB. It will be a bigger split.

jlarsiii
10-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Most rational people have doubts about TT.

North is talking about the people that want TT to fail. People like Merrill Hoge, Nate Kreckman, Cugal and NAMBLA900...just to name a few. These people will nitpick every mistake and completely gloss over any and all positives.

The nambla900 tag cracked me up!

If that is what North was inferring then fine by me. To be fair those who want Tebow to fail have always been calling out that he sucks so that will not change.

You are right about the nitpicking that fans do. Once the fandom turns on a player they will nitpick every detail of that player's performance. Now where have we seen that recently on this message board?:confused:

That fair and balanced bit will be the challenging part as it always has been...

slim
10-11-2011, 11:39 AM
I agree with this, but the problem is that people won't see whats fair. I mean, I'm THRILLED Orton is no longer starting for us....but the criticisms here were not "fair and balanced" in the least. I think there will be a lot more people being very "defensive" when it comes to Tebow of any kind of criticism, and as a result the boards are going to be.... harsher.

The first few weeks EVERYONE could simply bash on Orton, as it was easy and everyone enjoyed it. Now that there is a person in the lineup that has mixed fanbases... its not going to be everyone ganging up on the one player and everyone enjoying the bash on the QB. It will be a bigger split.

There are idiots on both ends of the spectrum, I agree.

It is our job to stomp those idiots into submission.

Northman
10-11-2011, 11:40 AM

Unfortuantely the problem with the Orton vs Tebow is the same thing i had a problem with those that bashed Cutler early on. You have a vet vs a young player and yet some people wanted to say the criticisms were fair. Thats just not the case and i know you know this. If we go the rest of the year with Tebow and he doesnt progress at all than i think it is most certainly valid to have a bit of an open season on him in terms of criticism. But right now, its just early in my opinion except for the stuff that he had coming into the league of course.

vandammage13
10-11-2011, 11:42 AM
you couldn't replace Elway with anyone IMO. Because of my age, my love of the Broncos started and grew with Elway.

I agree...

However, there's always room for another. See Aaron Rodgers/Brett Favre.

I think when the Pack showed Favre the door most of their fans were probably upset with that....Rodgers has made them fine with it now.

Past success should always be cherished and never be forgotten, but it shouldn't prevent you from being excited about today and the future.

Carpe Diem.

vandammage13
10-11-2011, 11:43 AM
And see, i wont be surprised. I mean shit, all it took was for Tebow to come in and now Jags thinks we will win out. There are crazy people on the opposite ends of the spectrum who are delusional in automatically thinking that Tebow will succeed or fail. And it was the ones who think he will fail without letting it play out to which i was addressing with my comment. I have no problem with people criticizing Tebow's mechanics. I still do that with Jay Cutler and i like that kid. But my problem comes from those who write him off after 3 1/2 games. It really didnt take me long to debunk a lot of guys like Hodge and Dilfer. Maybe they do it for ratings, maybe not. But if im a media guy i wouldnt want to put my name on something i didnt really believe in.

There are always going to be people on extreme ends of the spectrum....

Its best to just ignore them....

jlarsiii
10-11-2011, 11:44 AM

I should have clarified that I meant people on this board. I don't count the media folks because all they say is to drum up the ratings. Sorry about that.

To me, like or not like the guy most fans will give the dude more than one start. Only the totally irrational ones will fly out on a limb to either side of the spectrum.

Northman
10-11-2011, 11:45 AM
I agree...

I think when the Pack showed Favre the door most of their fans were probably upset with that....Rodgers has made them fine with it now.

Past success should always be cherished and never be forgotten, but it shouldn't prevent you from being excited about today and the future.

Carpe Diem.

Oh, im not saying im not going to be excited. I was excited when Jay was here so ultimately i would like to just win some football games. If thats behind Tebow, great. If its behind Luck or someone else, great. But in terms of Tebow the player i really would take a lot from him to unseat my greatest hero on a personal level. But right now, i just want the kid to lead us to victory as that is all that matters to me right now.

Northman
10-11-2011, 11:46 AM
There are always going to be people on extreme ends of the spectrum....

Its best to just ignore them....

Oh, i do. Well, actually i laugh at them. Its more fun.

TXBRONC
10-11-2011, 11:50 AM
I agree...

Carpe Diem.

I'm sure that most of fan base can get excited about someone else. But Elway is the standard by which other Bronco quarterbacks will be judged.

Thnikkaman
10-11-2011, 11:50 AM
I for one hope that Tebow can hold his own and earn the starting position for next year mainly because this team desperately needs some stability and consistency if nothing else.

TXBRONC
10-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Oh, i do. Well, actually i laugh at them. Its more fun.

I pity the foos. :D

jlarsiii
I agree...

Carpe Diem.

Isn't that the funny thing though? Denver has had several QBs since Elway but now it is Tebow taking over the reigns from Elway.

It isn't that yet. Tebow is taking over from Orton who has left a legacy that should make it easier for Tebow to win over fans in the immediate future.

Fair or not he has a heck of a way to go before he can be put on the level of Elway. That just is the way it is in Denver. Elway is the benchmark by which you are measured.

slim
I for one hope that Tebow can hold his own and earn the starting position for next year mainly because this team desperately needs some stability and consistency if nothing else.

That and it will allow us to use our first round pick on another position.

NightTerror218
10-11-2011, 11:52 AM
At end of season I will know whether or not not to buy a Tebow jersey.

He better do good because he is the only bronco jersey my wife will wear. She is strictly a college football fan and I trying to break her in. It working slowly.

NightTerror218
10-11-2011, 11:54 AM
How long until we start hearing from Hoge again? or is he going to disappear off the face of the earth if Tebow does well?

Ravage!!!
10-11-2011, 11:57 AM
How long until we start hearing from Hoge again? or is he going to disappear off the face of the earth if Tebow does well?

:lol: hardly. He's doing pretty well with the network and doesn't need Tebow. Really, only the message board people keep score on opinions.

vandammage13
10-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Isn't that the funny thing though? Denver has had several QBs since Elway but now it is Tebow taking over the reigns from Elway.

It isn't that yet. Tebow is taking over from Orton who has left a legacy that should make it easier for Tebow to win over fans in the immediate future.

Fair or not he has a heck of a way to go before he can be put on the level of Elway. That just is the way it is in Denver. Elway is the benchmark by which you are measured.

Every QB here will be taking over for Elway until someone has great long term success.

Notice how a team like Miami is still searching for Marino's replacement even though they've had like 15 QB's or whatever it is since he left.

Contrastingly, the next guy to come into Green Bay years from now will be replacing Aaron Rodgers, not Brett Favre.

The Broncos are still looking for Elway's replacement.

MileHighCrew
10-11-2011, 11:59 AM
I agree...

Carpe Diem.

i agree 100%, I am dying for the day when Denver has another world beating QB. Elway will always be at the top of the mountain, but we could use another peak.
I perfer to play the wait and see game with Tebow though.

lgenf
10-11-2011, 12:04 PM
The Future has begun

my best wishes for the team - if the team does well, then T2 probably does well.

I just want to see wins - I know our schedule is tough after this Miami game with a few exceptions, and I don't have any ideas that we are going undefeated from here out, maybe we get 5 or 6 wins out of what we have left

so does T2 get 3 seasons to prove himself the way that Orton did?

claymore
10-11-2011, 12:07 PM
The Future has begun

my best wishes for the team - if the team does well, then T2 probably does well.

I just want to see wins - I know our schedule is tough after this Miami game with a few exceptions, and I don't have any ideas that we are going undefeated from here out, maybe we get 5 or 6 wins out of what we have left

IMO, he gets 3/4 of a season. He needs to light it up.

BigDaddyBronco
10-11-2011, 12:07 PM
The Future has begun

No, they should know if he can throw or not after 6 or 7 games. If he cant, they will draft another QB in 2012.

broncofaninfla
10-11-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm just glad that Fox is finally admitted that Orton gives Denver it's best chance to win....while he sits on the bench.

I loved the spark Tebow gave the team and look forward to see what he has. Just hoping McCoy devises some plays that plays to his skill set. No matter who plays QB this team still has a long way to go talent wise before we can be a viable contender again BUT if we are going to lose I'd rather lose with Tebow and be entertained than having no hope with Orton.

slim
10-11-2011, 12:09 PM
IMO, he gets 3/4 of a season. He needs to light it up.

So the rest of this year and the first game next year?

BigDaddyBronco
10-11-2011, 12:10 PM

First half of a game next year. :D

claymore
10-11-2011, 12:10 PM

It was a rounded guestimation fancy boi. :D

Ravage!!!
10-11-2011, 12:13 PM

No. He needs to prove, now, if he's going to be the future of this franchise. I don't want to give him three seasons.

I think Tebow will be much like Vince Young. Good, elusive, but never really elite. Which is a problem for me. The reason I said it was a great draft by taking Cutler is because we knew that Plummer was not and would not be elite. EVERY team will continue to take chances until they find THAT guy. Its the way your franchise becomes contenders for the SB each and every year.

So no. Tebow will absolutely not get three years. He gets this season to prove that he has enough QBing skills that its worth believing in. This is his chance to prove that he can pass as well as we keep hearing from the Gator fans, but haven't seen it yet.

Lancane
10-11-2011, 12:15 PM
My biggest concern is that they're going to change the offense to fit Tebow, instead of forcing him to conform and adapt to the pro-style. I'm not so worried about him struggling as I am of him not developing into a reliable pro quarterback because it works for a temporary amount of time or some other cheesy excuse.

As I said before, Tim is going to be compared to Blaine Gabbert and Cam Newton, especially Newton since so many compared the two before the draft - however, Newton is lighting up the league in a pro-style offense...so we'll see what Tebow can do, I really hope that he throws for 300+ yards a game or more and really proves he's capable - but I also admit that I have my doubts and it's not because I dislike him on the contrary I like the kid, he has some great intangibles that can not be coached. But I am not dumb enough to believe that Timmy is going to revolutionize a position playing as he did in college when others have tried before him and all have met with failure.

claymore
10-11-2011, 12:16 PM
No. He needs to prove, now, if he's going to be the future of this franchise. I don't want to give him three seasons.

I think Tebow will be much like Vince Young. Good, elusive, but never really elite. Which is a problem for me. The reason I said it was a great draft by taking Cutler is because we knew that Plummer was not and would not be elite. EVERY team will continue to take chances until they find THAT guy. Its the way your franchise becomes contenders for the SB each and every year.

So no. Tebow will absolutely not get three years. He gets this season to prove that he has enough QBing skills that its worth believing in. This is his chance to prove that he can pass as well as we keep hearing from the Gator fans, but haven't seen it yet.

Yeah, I dont see these guys (EFX) hanging their necks out on a guy McD picked. If they are going to be judged it will be on their picks.

You cant stifle greatness though, if Tebow is great it will shine through.

vandammage13
10-11-2011, 12:17 PM
i agree 100%, I am dying for the day when Denver has another world beating QB. Elway will always be at the top of the mountain, but we could use another peak.
I perfer to play the wait and see game with Tebow though.

Yep...Mt. Rushmore has more than one head on it.

vandammage13
10-11-2011, 12:20 PM

I think the problem with VY had less to do with his talent and more to do with the fact he was a headcase, had no leadership, and was lazy.

Tebow has similar physical talent but is neither a headcase, or lazy...and he happens to look like a pretty solid leader so far.

Lancane
10-11-2011, 12:25 PM
I think the problem with VY had less to do with his talent and more to do with the fact he was a headcase, had no leadership, and was lazy.

Tebow has similar physical talent but is neither a headcase, or lazy...and he happens to look like a pretty solid leader so far.

Leadership only takes you so far, and it can not make up for short comings on the field...period. I do believe that Tebow has that intensity about him, that drive to excite those around him to play at a higher level. But that doesn't mean that it will make him a better quarterback, especially not in an era that is as pass happy as the current one is.

slim
10-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Yeah, I dont see these guys (EFX) hanging their necks out on a guy McD picked. If they are going to be judged it will be on their picks.

You cant stifle greatness though, if Tebow is great it will shine through.

He has 11 games and no excuses.

Northman
10-11-2011, 12:37 PM

Yea, Tebow wont get 3 years to prove himself and he shouldnt. Great QB's show you what they have within the first full year of starting of whether or not they can cut it. Tebow has his chance now, he needs to prove he is the man.

claymore
10-11-2011, 12:42 PM
He has 11 games and no excuses.

Unfortunatley all he has to do is look better than Orton :harf: and the fans will be thrilled.

slim
10-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Unfortunatley all he has to do is look better than Orton :harf: and the fans will be thrilled.

If he doesn't win (or at least show improvement in the pocket) all the fence-sitters will jump and only the fanbois will be left to support him.

Northman
10-11-2011, 12:46 PM

Well, i think he will look better than Orton but that isnt saying much. However, like you i need to see certain things progress in his game to be sold on not taking a QB next year early. If i dont see the right kind of progressions than i will be totally on board with taking a QB early.

NightTerror218
10-11-2011, 12:48 PM
If he doesn't win (or at least show improvement in the pocket) all the fence-sitters will jump and only the fanbois will be left to support him.

Fan will be thrilled anyways because of no Orton and Tebow is fun to watch but you will see all fence sitters jumping on Luck bandwagon.

Juriga72
10-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Has ANYONE sent a runner to Top's house to check on him?

Bullgator
10-11-2011, 12:49 PM
My biggest concern is that they're going to change the offense to fit Tebow, instead of forcing him to conform and adapt to the pro-style. I'm not so worried about him struggling as I am of him not developing into a reliable pro quarterback because it works for a temporary amount of time or some other cheesy excuse.

As I said before, Tim is going to be compared to Blaine Gabbert and Cam Newton, especially Newton since so many compared the two before the draft - however, Newton is lighting up the league in a pro-style offense...so we'll see what Tebow can do, I really hope that he throws for 300+ yards a game or more and really proves he's capable - but I also admit that I have my doubts and it's not because I dislike him on the contrary I like the kid, he has some great intangibles that can not be coached. But I am not dumb enough to believe that Timmy is going to revolutionize a position playing as he did in college when others have tried before him and all have met with failure.

WE SHALL SEE... a little vision is all it will take and my asinine claims will be prophetic and brilliant instead of crazy. Get in all the hate while you can... soon enough you will have to bite your tongue.

Lancane
10-11-2011, 12:53 PM
WE SHALL SEE... a little vision is all it will take and my asinine claims will be prophetic and brilliant instead of crazy. Get in all the hate while you can... soon enough you will have to bite your tongue.

Your prophetic ability is closer to having a bad case of Montezuma's Revenge!

Tebow will either become a pro-style quarterback, a middle of the road player that remains up and down for his career much like Michael Vick or a complete bust. No one believes other then you that he'll revolutionize the game or the position...

:coffee:

vandammage13
10-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Leadership only takes you so far, and it can not make up for short comings on the field...period. I do believe that Tebow has that intensity about him, that drive to excite those around him to play at a higher level. But that doesn't mean that it will make him a better quarterback, especially not in an era that is as pass happy as the current one is.

Yeah, leadership will only take you so far, and it is tough to have other guys follow your lead if you don't produce.

I do believe that Tebow also has the drive and work ethic to improve on his ability to read a defense.

Being able to read a D quickly will help Tebow improve his completion % as he will be able to disect the looks the defenses are throwing at him.

I do think that his throwing motion is what it is and it is probably a lost cause at this point. This will result in a few errant passes a game that will fall to the dirt, and I think it is something we may just have to live with.

But being able to diagnose a defense will still help his overall completion %...He's never going to be the guy that can just stand back there and be a pure pocket passer. But if he can just be a servicable pocket passer he will produce big because of his other skills.

Tebow is always going to get a man free when plays break down. A good example of this would be on the second drive when he scrambled and bought enough time for Decker to slip behind the defense. The play resulted in an incompletion, but the big play potential was there. That play was a 90 yard touchdown in the making and they just missed on it. I think its a play on Sunday that has been overlooked. That play is simply a microcosm of what TT brings to the table.

I think we will see a lot of these game changing plays present themselves over the rest of the season and Tebow will make these throws from time to time and totally change the course of a game.

The point production will be there, it just won't be the way we are accustomed to seeing from the QB position...

I'm not sure if you can win a Super Bowl this way or not, and I'm sure this is what EFX is thinking as well...But I do know that you can win games this way and this style of play could at least get us to the playoffs (Not this year). Once you get to the playoffs all you have to do is catch lightning in a bottle and you have a shot.

Bullgator
10-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Your prophetic ability is closer to having a bad case of Montezuma's Revenge!

Tebow will either become a pro-style quarterback, a middle of the road player that remains up and down for his career much like Michael Vick or a complete bust. No one believes other then you that he'll revolutionize the game or the position...

:coffee:

Tebow will NEVER be a pro style QB.. if he is to play then he will HAVE to revolutionize the position... although I think revolutionize is not the right word... because you cant just go out and pluck a DURABLE hybrid with TTs skillset off trees...

you have to build an O around him and the playaction must come from HIS skillset not the dropback kind but the shotgun kind... Ive said it before and Ill say it again... the pickle he puts the D in will be soul crushing... they will have to stack 8 in the box to stop the run and TT will make them pay with the play action pass.

You will all see this in two weeks against miami.

250-300 yards passing, 70-100 yards rushing 4 total TDs quote this in your SIG NOW.

Lancane
10-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Yeah, leadership will only take you so far, and it is tough to have other guys follow your lead if you don't produce.

I do believe that Tebow also has the drive and work ethic to improve on his ability to read a defense.

Being able to read a D quickly will help Tebow improve his completion % as he will be able to disect the looks the defenses are throwing at him.

I do think that his throwing motion is what it is and it is probably a lost cause at this point. This will result in a few errant passes a game that will fall to the dirt, and I think it is something we may just have to live with.

But being able to diagnose a defense will still help his overall completion %...He's never going to be the guy that can just stand back there and be a pure pocket passer. But if he can just be a servicable pocket passer he will produce big because of his other skills.

Tebow is always going to get a man free when plays break down. A good example of this would be on the second drive when he scrambled and bought enough time for Decker to slip behind the defense. The play resulted in an incompletion, but the big play potential was there. That play was a 90 yard touchdown in the making and they just missed on it. I think its a play on Sunday that has been overlooked. That play is simply a microcosm of what TT brings to the table.

I think we will see a lot of these game changing plays present themselves over the rest of the season and Tebow will make these throws from time to time and totally change the course of a game.

The point production will be there, it just won't be the way we are accustomed to seeing from the QB position...

We'll see, but at least your admitting that the young man has short comings that he needs to surpass to be successful...while there are others such as Bullgator and Jagsbch who believe he is the second coming and will revolutionize the NFL itself.

vandammage13
10-11-2011, 01:06 PM

Bull...I generally don't like the aggressive nature in which you present your points/views, but I think you are right on TT.

underrated29
10-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Yea, Tebow wont get 3 years to prove himself and he shouldnt. Great QB's show you what they have within the first full year of starting of whether or not they can cut it. Tebow has his chance now, he needs to prove he is the man.

Aaron rodgers thinks otherwise.

vandammage13
10-11-2011, 01:08 PM
We'll see, but at least your admitting that the young man has short comings that he needs to surpass to be successful...while there are others such as Bullgator and Jagsbch who believe he is the second coming and will revolutionize the NFL itself.

As there are some who think Tebow has no faults, there are an equal amount (if not more) that want to judge him on what he is now, rather than admitting there's a possibility that he can improve.

Shazam!
10-11-2011, 01:10 PM
I AM THRILLED.

We can see if T2 has the IT factor to lead this franchise in the future.

No more KO mediocrity.

If Tebow isn't the 'guy', they can Draft a good QB next year.

QB controversy buried.

Nobody says he's the second coming, but give him experience and time and he can be a force.

Best thing for the Broncos.

I am very happy.

Day1BroncoFan
10-11-2011, 01:14 PM
I'm not convinced Tebow is the QB of the future for the Broncos. Everyone knows now that Orton is not.

What Tebow has is winning instincts. He is a winner and will do what it takes to win games. Now we get to see over the course of this season how he does at developing his skill set. Tebow is an intelligent and persistent person.

I am absolutely willing to give him this year to develope. He needs to show what he can do this year if he wants to stay around. This is his chance as a Bronco.

I hope he does well here and we win with him. He is exciting to watch but wins are what matters. I remember lots of exciting games I watched in the past become losses.

Wins in the end are the only thing that matters. The players change no matter what. I always want the best for the Broncos.

Lets go to Miami and kick their butts!!!

vandammage13
10-11-2011, 01:16 PM

I think in a normal setting, all Tebow would need to do is just show that he is getting better in order to keep his job next year.

But when there is a guy like Luck or maybe even Landry Jones possibly available, Tim's gonna have to be GREAT.

Maybe not fair for TT, but it is the nature of the business and life just isn't fair sometimes.

Bullgator
10-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Bull...I generally don't like the aggressive nature in which you present your points/views, but I think you are right on TT.

sorry man thats just how im wired... I dont mean any disrespect to anyone.

vandammage13
10-11-2011, 01:19 PM
sorry man thats just how im wired... I dont mean any disrespect to anyone.

I get it...I guess I just don't like to make predictions in finite terms as you do, but to each his own. :beer:

Ravage!!!
10-11-2011, 01:22 PM
I think in a normal setting, all Tebow would need to do is just show that he is getting better in order to keep his job next year.

But when there is a guy like Luck or maybe even Landry Jones possibly available, Tim's gonna have to be GREAT.

Maybe not fair for TT, but it is the nature of the business and life just isn't fair sometimes.

Really, thats the point. Not so much that everyone wants to judge Tebow so quickly, but the fact remains we are in a situation where we NEED to establish that QB, and there just aren't many chances for a team to draft high in a draft that has a good QB class. So Tebow will need to show that he has what it takes. He doesn't need to be great, but he needs to show that he has the QBing ability to keep us from drafting a QB if he wants to remain behind center.

Bullgator
10-11-2011, 01:22 PM
As there are some who think Tebow has no faults, there are an equal amount (if not more) that want to judge him on what he is now, rather than admitting there's a possibility that he can improve.

I dont look at it as a matter of faults but rather a matter of skill sets. one cannot be perfect in every skill set. He is what he is. let him do what he is beast at.

He doesn't need to be a pocket passer to win in this league... his ability will cause his receivers to be wide open.

slim
10-11-2011, 01:25 PM
I dont look at it as a matter of faults but rather a matter of skill sets. one cannot be perfect in every skill set. He is what he is. let him do what he is beast at.

He doesn't need to be a pocket passer to win in this league... his ability will cause his receivers to be wide open.

This is a good point. I have often thought he had the ability to make defensive backs fall to their knees (as royalty and prison bulls should). I think this is one aspect of his game that NFL scouts have overlooked.

Bullgator
10-11-2011, 01:30 PM
This is a good point. I have often thought he had the ability to make defensive backs fall to their knees (as royalty and prison bulls should). I think this is one aspect of his game that NFL scouts have overlooked.

Again ill spell it out for the laymen, His dual threat ability will cause a mismatch. If you stack 8 in the box then you give the advantage to the receivers, not to mention the play action pass out of the gun will cause frozen safeties and LBs and create a nice cushion for the WR... with this threat you dont need to be an aaron rodgers to get the ball in there.

Magnificent Seven
10-11-2011, 01:35 PM
I bet the world will be watching. Every sports bar will click on their direcTV remote control to get on Broncos vs. Dolphins game. Sun Life Stadium will be packed of Tebow jerseys.

vandammage13
10-11-2011, 01:35 PM

I agree and disagree....

I think Tebow needs to be better in the pocket than he is right now to have long term success.

I just don't think he needs to be GREAT in the pocket like a Rodgers or Manning or Brady because of his skill set.

Some people think that style of QB is the end all be all, but I think there are other ways to win. Still, if Tim is ever going to lead us to the SB he has to get better than what he is from the pocket. Average will work for him.

slim
10-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Again ill spell it out for the laymen, His dual threat ability will cause a mismatch. If you stack 8 in the box then you give the advantage to the receivers, not to mention the play action pass out of the gun will cause frozen safeties and LBs and create a nice cushion for the WR... with this threat you dont need to be an aaron rodgers to get the ball in there.

Ah, yes...I forgot about his frosty stare that causes safeties to freeze (we will call this his freeze ray stare).

NightTerror218
10-11-2011, 01:38 PM
It is funny Miami fans are freaking out because Tebow is the starter and is being honored at the game.

slim
10-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Just think, with his ability to bring CB to their knees, coupled with his freeze ray stare, the defense will be helpless. It is almost unfair!!

Bullgator
10-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Ah, yes...I forgot about his frosty stare that causes safeties to freeze (we will call this his freeze ray stare).

no you will call it the jab step. its his version of the pump fake. he jab steps as if its a power urn and they will HAVE to respect it. its genius is what it is.

BroncoNut
10-11-2011, 01:40 PM
I think we wouldn't have a Mile High if they would have put Quinn in there on Sunday. :lol:

I don't get this post. what does it mean?

vandammage13
10-11-2011, 01:41 PM
I bet the world will be watching. Every sports bar will click on their direcTV remote control to get on Broncos vs. Dolphins game. Sun Life Stadium will be packed of Tebow jerseys.

Get prepared, because the Broncos are on the verge of National Relevancy again.

I read this this morning from the Denver Post:
http://www.denverpost.com/broncosmailbag/ci_19083189

Mailbaggers... True story. My best friend in the world, Bouch, is part-owner of Yesterday's Bar & Grill in Clifton, N.J. The Patriots-Jets game ended Sunday a tad early, so CBS switched to the Broncos-Chargers game.

Bouch is tending bar. He said there are about 20 people in the place.

"Everyone in the bar starts going crazy for Tebow," Bouch said.

He surmises it's because Tebow is so different.

"That last play of the game was unreal," Bouch said. "Everybody's yelling, screaming. Can you imagine if he completed that pass? Even after it was incomplete, the place went berserk."

Bouch is a Yankees fan first. He likes the New York football Giants, OK.

"But I'll tell ya, everyone here was a Broncos fan," he said. "All because of Tebow. I'll tell ya, whatever 'it' is, he's got it."

See there, Broncos fans. The team no longer belongs to just you. Tebow has made the Broncos a national brand.

If TT is successful, Denver is going to become America's team, and like it or not, there's gonna be a lot of bandwagoners hopping on our team. It will be kind of annoying, but its good for the team.

You can count on more Primetime games next year if Tebow is the starter.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-11-2011, 01:42 PM

I work with a Gator fan who at the second the announcement was made called his wife and told her to buy tickets to the game. This is going to be a home game for Tebow, maybe not the Broncos, but it definitely won't be for the Dolphins.

vandammage13
10-11-2011, 01:43 PM
I don't get this post. what does it mean?

She means the fans would have rioted and tore down the stadium if Quinn would have replaced Orton instead of Tebow.

NightTerror218
10-11-2011, 01:43 PM

If TT is successful, Denver is going to become America's team, and like it or not, there's gonna be a lot of bandwagoners hopping on our team. It will be kind of annoying, but its good for the team.

With Tebow does that mean Broncos will become Americas team over the cowboys?

BroncoNut
10-11-2011, 01:44 PM
I work with a Gator fan who at the second the announcement was made called his wife and told her to buy tickets to the game. This is going to be a home game for Tebow, maybe not the Broncos, but it definitely won't be for the Dolphins.

wow.

slim

That is interesting. I would guess part of the reason for that is the tact that the national talking heads have taken with the kid. It's pretty clear they have been unfair in their assessments and I think a lot of people are pulling for him because of that.

BroncoNut
She means the fans would have rioted and tore down the stadium if Quinn would have replaced Orton instead of Tebow.

oh,, OK.

GEM
10-11-2011, 01:45 PM

From what they said this morning on the radio, only 2 markets are even carrying the Denver/Miami game.

NightTerror218
10-11-2011, 01:46 PM
From what they said this morning on the radio, only 2 markets are even carrying the Denver/Miami game.

I am going to sports bar to see this game.......... tired of not having games on TV.........TV ********.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-11-2011, 01:48 PM
wow.

Not kidding. I think he started calling his family to let them know, too (most of them live in the Orlando area). Gators fans are fired up to see Tebow play. Last year at the Jacksonville game, probably every 3rd jersey was a Tebow Gator or Broncos jersey. That was when everyone knew he wasn't starting and they just hoped to catch sight of him.

Now with him starting, and it being some kind of "Salute to the Gators" thing, the Gator's fans are going apeshit.

Bull, Jags - you guys got your tickets, yet?

vandammage13
10-11-2011, 01:48 PM
With Tebow does that mean Broncos will become Americas team over the cowboys?

Honestly, as far as TV ratings are concerned, I think they can give the Cowboys a run for their money.

Nomad
10-11-2011, 01:50 PM
I am going to sports bar to see this game.......... tired of not having games on TV.........TV ********.

Do you have a computer at home, if so there is a link that'll save you from having to do that and you could hook it up to your tv? That's what I do being my wife is against getting DTV again.

let me know if you want the link!

Northman
10-11-2011, 01:53 PM
http://www.tebowzone.com/images/teboneme.jpg

http://www.onthecan.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/tebow-comic1.jpg

http://s3-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web04/2009/12/7/18/tim-tebow-crying-motivational-poster-428-1260227600-111.jpg

http://www.phatzradio.com/wp-content/uploads/HLIC/4942a57fc893c2d2370aac332adbb2d4.jpg

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports-sentinel-sports-now/files/2010/12/tebow1.jpg

http://findtimtebow.com/images/chuck-norris-wears-tim-tebow-pajamas.jpg

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/12/22/420x316-alg_peyton_manning_tebow.jpg

http://thehusker.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Tebow-Sucks.jpg

Ok, enough of that. Lets get to the good stuff.....

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slideshows/827/slideshow_82789/display_image.jpg?x=579129

JaxBroncoGirl
10-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Not kidding. I think he started calling his family to let them know, too (most of them live in the Orlando area). Gators fans are fired up to see Tebow play. Last year at the Jacksonville game, probably every 3rd jersey was a Tebow Gator or Broncos jersey. That was when everyone knew he wasn't starting and they just hoped to catch sight of him.

Now with him starting, and it being some kind of "Salute to the Gators" thing, the Gator's fans are going apeshit.

Bull, Jags - you guys got your tickets, yet?

You are right. We do love our Gators down here. Heck, we don't like the Jaguars and yes, I am a new Bronco fan. I was raised on Gator Milk at the Swamp. Miami will have a good crowd for sure. We came to love Tim and so will the Broncos (hopefully). He has that "it" factor.

You saw the "it" in the last 20 seconds of the game last week. Flickin off defenders like fleas, (they were worn out) trying to get to him. Had the receiver caught that ball he (receiver) would have been a hero.

NightTerror218
10-11-2011, 02:11 PM
http://www.tebowzone.com/images/teboneme.jpg

http://www.onthecan.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/tebow-comic1.jpg

http://s3-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web04/2009/12/7/18/tim-tebow-crying-motivational-poster-428-1260227600-111.jpg

http://www.phatzradio.com/wp-content/uploads/HLIC/4942a57fc893c2d2370aac332adbb2d4.jpg

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports-sentinel-sports-now/files/2010/12/tebow1.jpg

http://findtimtebow.com/images/chuck-norris-wears-tim-tebow-pajamas.jpg

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/12/22/420x316-alg_peyton_manning_tebow.jpg

http://thehusker.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Tebow-Sucks.jpg

Ok, enough of that. Lets get to the good stuff.....

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slideshows/827/slideshow_82789/display_image.jpg?x=579129

so who is she now? Cheating on Bryce?

Bullgator
10-11-2011, 02:13 PM
No cant go to Miami for the game. I have a business to run... that games is going to make me some money!

Just have to watch it on my 108 inch screen at the restaurant :D

Northman
10-11-2011, 02:21 PM
so who is she now? Cheating on Bryce?

Nah, i have a harem. :D

MOtorboat
10-11-2011, 02:22 PM

Man, I bet that changes...unless there are some really big matchups that week.

NightTerror218
10-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Nah, i have a harem. :D

Does she have a name?

Nomad
10-11-2011, 02:32 PM

FOX has the double header that day and San Diego @ NY Jets should be the national game for CBS as far as the early games go. Nothing real big in the afternoon other than KC@OAK.

MOtorboat
10-11-2011, 02:36 PM
NY Jets should be the national game for CBS as far as the early games go. Nothing real big in the afternoon other than KC@OAK.[/QUOTE]

Does CBS or Fox have the doubleheader?

Nomad
10-11-2011, 02:40 PM
NY Jets should be the national game for CBS as far as the early games go. Nothing real big in the afternoon other than KC@OAK.

Does CBS or Fox have the doubleheader?[/QUOTE]

FOX

xzn
10-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Tebow controls his own fate in Denver to a large extent. The more he wins the more he deserves to be considered the FQB, at the same time the more he (hypothetically) wins the worse Denver's draft pick gets. If he were to help us win enough games to finish out of the top ten picks then Andrew Luck, Matt Barkley, Landry Jones & Kellen Moore would likely all have been taken before we pick.

I think this is a pretty good measure by which to judge Timmy. If he plays badly and we have a top five draft pick would it be surprising if the team took one of the above listed signal callers? If TT finds himself battling a high draft pick he'll have only his own failure to blame for it!

Dreadnought
10-11-2011, 02:59 PM

Part, at least from this Board's standpoint, is the annoying static from some of your fellow Tebow-maniacs. I will say you yourself have endured some slings and arrows, remained reasonably level headed, and didn't spam the Board with repetitive and duplicative "TT is Wonderful" threads, nor have you tried to derail every Bronco conversation into a Tebow conversation. That has not been so with all Tebow fans. Your name change to JaxBroncoGirl was indicative that you had some respect for the traditions and all of the Broncos, while at the same time you admitted you were a noob Bronco fan (i.e. no foolish comments about not being an Elway fan) thereby not insulting our intelligence

Tebow's enemies are twofold. One, TV talking heads, journalists, and supposed football sophisticates. These clowns are wrong as often as they are right, and the worst might as well use a magic 8-ball to come to their conclusions. They do deliver their judgements in confident and assertive manner, and are much like a witch doctor who takes credit for the sunrise when they are right.

The second are wild eyed foam flecked Tebow loonies. His own followers are sometimes so obnoxiously awful and ignorant as to defy reason. They are as annoying as wet socks. The Broncos have been around since 1960, and their history neither began or ended with Tim Tebow.

It is my fantasy, which Merrill Hoge et. al. would call my delusion, that in a couple of decades a bunch of old guys who followed the Broncos can argue over whether Elway's or Tebow's Superbowl wins were more impressive.

Anywhoo, if you have any influence whatever with your fellow Gator fans, I am BEGGING you to get them to chill the **** out. TT is getting his chance, as we had hoped, and now we shall see what we shall see. I hope like anything y'all are right about him

HORSEPOWER 56
10-11-2011, 03:00 PM

Doubt it. Unfortunately for the majority of the Gators fans in North/Central FL, we get the Jags game and will over the Miami game (same kickoff time, I think). Unless... all the Gators fans abandon the Jags game and go to Miami in which case the Jags might get blacked out...

Nomad
10-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Tebow controls his own fate in Denver to a large extent. The more he wins the more he deserves to be considered the FQB, at the same time the more he (hypothetically) wins the worse Denver's draft pick gets. If he were to help us win enough games to finish out of the top ten picks then Andrew Luck, Matt Barkley, Landry Jones & Kellen Moore would likely all have been taken before we pick.

I think this is a pretty good measure by which to judge Timmy. If he plays badly and we have a top five draft pick would it be surprising if the team took one of the above listed signal callers. If TT finds himself battling a high draft pick he'll have only his own failure to blame for it!

So he's marinated and time for him to sizzle!:drum: :D

vandammage13
10-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Part, at least from this Board's standpoint, is the annoying static from some of your fellow Tebow-maniacs. I will say you yourself have endured some slings and arrows, remained reasonably level headed, and didn't spam the Board with repetitive and duplicative "TT is Wonderful" threads, nor have you tried to derail every Bronco conversation into a Tebow conversation. That has not been so with all Tebow fans. Your name change to JaxBroncoGirl was indicative that you had some respect for the traditions and all of the Broncos, while at the same time you admitted you were a noob Bronco fan (i.e. no foolish comments about not being an Elway fan) thereby not insulting our intelligence.

I am assuming that you are lumping jagsbch and Bullgator into that group....

What other Gator luvers are spamming this board because I can't think of any?

Perhaps the problem isn't as widespread and prevalent as you are making it out to be...

Northman
10-11-2011, 03:08 PM
I am assuming that you are lumping jagsbch and Bullgator into that group....

What other Gator luvers are spamming this board because I can't think of any?

Perhaps the problem isn't as widespread and prevalent as you are making it out to be...

Nor is it as bad as JaxGirl makes it out too be. While both sides have their fair share of zealots most of the board is on the fence leaning one way or another.

xzn
10-11-2011, 03:09 PM
So he's marinated and time for him to sizzle!:drum: :D

Let's hope, brotha :beer:

It's clearly what's best for the Broncos :salute:

Haters be damned:rolleyes:

vandammage13
10-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Nor is it as bad as JaxGirl makes it out too be. While both sides have their fair share of zealots most of the board is on the fence leaning one way or another.

I agree..Many of the Tebow bashers were also Orton supporters. Others I could tell just liked to go against the grain and get a rise out of people.

There were only a few of them but they seem to be in hiding right now.

Top was the first to go, but I'm not hearing much from the others now either.

CoachChaz
10-11-2011, 03:14 PM
My desire for Tebow to play has always been the same. See what we have before the draft comes along. Now that it will happen...I'm happy in that regard.

However...my office sits near the breakroom and ESPN is always on. I have to admit...I am pretty sick and tired of Tebow coverage today. This has to be a record for total air time committed to one player.

xzn
10-11-2011, 03:20 PM
My desire for Tebow to play has always been the same. See what we have before the draft comes along. Now that it will happen...I'm happy in that regard.

However...my office sits near the breakroom and ESPN is always on. I have to admit...I am pretty sick and tired of Tebow coverage today. This has to be a record for total air time committed to one player.

Bottom Line:

At least we can find out what we have, otherwise we'd be going into April's Draft blind.

G_Money
10-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Tebow needed to play, both for evaluation before the draft and because the Broncos have been boring as eating paste this year. I'm looking forward to watching him play...

But WOW. On the polarization scale, he's somewhere between AIDS and Jesus.

And is being talked about a whole lot more than AIDS.

If he's successful, we are gonna be getting more coverage than we have since the glory days. Heck, we already are, but it'd be great for us to be in the conversation as a winning team. I could do with more winning-Broncos coverage on ESPN. Make it so, Timmy.

~G

Nomad
10-11-2011, 03:22 PM

It's everywhere.... basically shut off sports radio and ESPN. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Denver/Miami game bump the San Diego/NYJ's game as the national game.

vandammage13
10-11-2011, 03:24 PM

I don't think it has eclipsed the Tiger Woods personal life debacle yet.

That coverage was absolutely nauseating.

T.K.O.
10-11-2011, 03:24 PM

wait til after he crushes miami !
they have a 2009 gator nat. champ rally already planned at the game....it's gonna be a media feeding frenzy:laugh:

Nomad
10-11-2011, 03:25 PM
wait til after he crushes miami !
:

Then he'll make BRONCOS history!

Bullgator
10-11-2011, 03:26 PM

If I hear the work "spark" one more time im going to strangle someone

vandammage13
10-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Then he'll make BRONCOS history!

Have we ever won in Miami?

...If not, I think this will be our best shot since they beat us down there in the 14-2 Super Bowl season.

I remember Marino lighting us up that game, but then again, we already had the #1 seed wrapped up.

Nomad
10-11-2011, 03:27 PM

Not against the Dolphins! But the BRONCOS did beat the Dirty Birds!:D

Bullgator
10-11-2011, 03:29 PM

...If not, I think this will be our best shot since they beat us down there in the 14-2 Super Bowl season.

I remember Marino lighting us up that game, but then again, we already had the #1 seed wrapped up.

Yea I think in 98

xzn
10-11-2011, 03:31 PM
I saw this on OM and it sums this all up, imo.

Heard a interesting take on sports radio.. if Tebow goes 6-5 the rest of the way, he keeps the Broncos starting job into next season.

But if he goes 1-10.. the Broncos are in the running for Andrew Luck.

If he goes 3-7.. the Broncos are in the running for Laundry Jones.

If these two QBs are off the Draft Board, are Barkley out of USC or Kellen Moore Boise State worth a top 10 draft pick?

Nomad
10-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Yea I think in 98

The BRONCOS lost the regular season game in Miami. Then in the playoffs, I watched one of the best ass whoopins of Dan Marino at Mile High by the BRONCOS. That was a fun game to watch!

Canmore
10-11-2011, 03:43 PM
The BRONCOS lost the regular season game in Miami. Then in the playoffs, I watched one of the best ass whoopins of Dan Marino at Mile High by the BRONCOS. That was a fun game to watch!

IIRC Terrell Davis ran for 199 yards. All Miami could say after the game was how in their wildest dreams they never believed Denver would be able to run the ball on them like that.

xzn
10-11-2011, 03:44 PM
It's high time Denver reversed this streak of losses to the 'fins in Miami.

Let's treat 'em like we did the Dirty Birds...

Nomad
10-11-2011, 03:46 PM
IIRC Terrell Davis ran for 199 yards. All Miami could say after the game was how in their wildest dreams they never believed Denver would be able to run the ball on them like that.

yeah, I should say over the Dolphins period because Marino did air it out during that game.

BroncoStud
10-11-2011, 03:51 PM

Kellen Moore???? Dude is small and has a very average arm... Hell no do we spend a first round pick on him.

I would prefer we roll with Tebow than bring in L. Jones or M. Barkley. If it isn't Luck, just keep building the defense. Package the pick, get creative, just keep retooling the defense.

There is Andrew Luck, and then there are the rest of them.

Ravage!!!
10-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Miami is terrible. Surely we can give them a fight and possibly pull out a win.

xzn
10-11-2011, 04:00 PM
Kellen Moore???? Dude is small and has a very average arm... Hell no do we spend a first round pick on him.

I would prefer we roll with Tebow than bring in L. Jones or M. Barkley. If it isn't Luck, just keep building the defense. Package the pick, get creative, just keep retooling the defense.

There is Andrew Luck, and then there are the rest of them.

You missed the point. If Tebow wins enough games we won't be in position to draft any of those QBs.

Kellen Moore is beside the point...:rolleyes:

Superchop 7
10-11-2011, 04:12 PM
He is not a good pro QB, however, he is great with a broken play and can run over people.

and thats......hard to defend.

Northman
10-11-2011, 04:13 PM

As to the question. No, i wouldnt take Barkley and Moore would be a reach. Its a deep draft at the QB position so really no need to reach for any QB there. If for some reason we miss on Luck or Jones than i would draft a different player alltogether and worry about QB in the 2nd or 3rd round. Or, trade back in the first (ideal) and take a QB who is projected in that area of the draft.

jhildebrand
10-11-2011, 04:19 PM
If he lines up under the guard, we should can his ass :coffee:

Krugan
10-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Sadly going Jones or Moore, is grabbing another Tebow, with better passing and less mobility.

Honestly, if it isnt Luck, then it needs to be a later pick than 2nd round. At least thats my look at it.

Nomad
10-11-2011, 04:22 PM
As to the question. No, i wouldnt take Barkley and Moore would be a reach. Its a deep draft at the QB position so really no need to reach for any QB there. If for some reason we miss on Luck or Jones than i would draft a different player alltogether and worry about QB in the 2nd or 3rd round. Or, trade back in the first (ideal) and take a QB who is projected in that area of the draft.

I'd say Jones telling game is going to be against Okie St and if he makes it to the NGC.

But I agree with your assessment.

Northman
10-11-2011, 04:28 PM
I'd say Jones telling game is going to be against Okie St and if he makes it to the NGC.

But I agree with your assessment.

Maybe.

But is the Okie St. Dline anything like Texas? That Dline was harassing the shit out of Jones and he stood calm and got the job done.

jhildebrand
10-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Luck
Jones
Weeden

Those are the guys I see that I like. I don't much about Weeden other than he is 28.

Nasib at Syarcuse is gonna be a beast but he has a way to go.

Barkley is garbage. I wouldn't want him anywhere near this roster.

Nomad
10-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Maybe.

But is the Okie St. Dline anything like Texas? That Dline was harassing the shit out of Jones and he stood calm and got the job done.

I'm not sure.....We'll find out. Okie St plays Texas this weekend. It'll give us a little comparison.

Lancane
10-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Moore? Seriously?

Whomever compared Moore to Jones, or believes Kellen Moore is a first round pick should go jump off a bridge to save people from their stupidity! Sorry to be harsh, but that is just asinine. Jones may well be the best natural passing quarterback in this draft while Moore is a complete project due to his height and weight issues and will be lucky to be drafted in the mid rounds. Someone mentioned Wheeden, he's an interesting prospect...but I think he'll slide down the boards because his age, he could be 30 by the time he sees the field as a starter, and that's how a lot of General Managers will see him as well.

Lucky, Jones and Barkley will all be given looks if we decide to draft a quarterback and plan to take one in the first. If they decide to take a second tier quarterback then I expect them to look at Foles, Cousins and Lindley. If they decide to go with third tier quarterbacks, I could see them looking at Tannehill, Keenum, Harnish and maybe Griffith or Brantley.

And unless Tebow proves his worth or we win enough games to be out of range of one of the top three, I suspect Jones to be our target come draft day. I could also see Foles and Cousins getting some serious looks as well.

NightTerror218
10-11-2011, 05:05 PM
If he lines up under the guard, we should can his ass :coffee:

We should have done that to the last QB who did that for the Broncos.....O wait he went to the HOF.

TXBRONC
10-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Just think, with his ability to bring CB to their knees, coupled with his freeze ray stare, the defense will be helpless. It is almost unfair!!

That's nothing at half time he's going to turn Flipper's pool water into wine.

NightTerror218
10-11-2011, 05:09 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19088708?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&_requestid=12975297

chick behind him in the interview looks like she wants to eat him alive.

underrated29
10-11-2011, 05:12 PM
If we cant get luck, which we wont, then we DO NOT NEED TO TAKE A QB EARLY! imo.

Stick with tebow unless he is gawdawful, like worse than orton. And since that is not going to happen. We will be taking a #1 shutdown CB, look for a RB in round two or possibly a trade back into rd 1 for a RB.

QB will not be had until round 3 at the complete earliest, if tebow does not suck balls. Watch and see. In fact, I would go as far to say that we will probably take a flier QB in like rd 5 or so and sign Jake Delhomey- like we wanted to this season to be our backup (which i would not like)

One other interesting item of note is Jonathan Stewart. His contract is up next year with the money shelled out to dwil2 and johnson they might not resign him. I doubt they would let him walk, but OMG I would literally jizz on the first ladys face if we landed stewart.

Thnikkaman
10-11-2011, 05:16 PM
No need to take a RB until at least round 3. Focus on Defense or maybe a stud O Lineman in the first two rounds.

underrated29
10-11-2011, 05:17 PM
No need to take a RB until at least round 3. Focus on Defense or maybe a stud O Lineman in the first two rounds.

Not what I want. Just what they will do.

I would go all Defense except for maybe an OL or two and a flier type RB/WR--one of those raw but incredibly dangerous types.

silkamilkamonico
10-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Weeden is 28? That should eliminate him completely.
I would expect us to at least be in the Jones running, so if we don't win the Luck sweepstakes we will most likely be in contention for Jones, and that;s a good thing.

jhildebrand
10-11-2011, 05:40 PM
Weeden is 28? That should eliminate him completely.

That is what I heard during a broadcast this weekend. Aikman was 28, IIRC, when he came out.

Edit: Checked his Bio. Sure enough, he is 28.

His age could be a positive. He may be more mature-Key word in that is may.

Agent of Orange
10-11-2011, 05:42 PM
We'll be in dire need of a RB after Willis is done with this season (assuming he lasts). McGahee turns 30 this year and he'll be carrying the workload that Moreno should have had.

jhildebrand
10-11-2011, 05:43 PM
We should have done that to the last QB who did that for the Broncos.....O wait he went to the HOF.

My point exactly. People want to rush T2 after sitting through 34 games of Orton!

Elway took time. Let's give T2 some time so long as he is progressing.

Lancane
10-11-2011, 05:48 PM
That is what I heard during a broadcast this weekend. Aikman was 28, IIRC, when he came out.

Edit: Checked his Bio. Sure enough, he is 28.

His age could be a positive. He may be more mature-Key word in that is may.

Aikman was 23, not 28. And I don't see his age being a positive, most of those whom are older and enter the NFL have had minor careers, look at Mike Anderson - I expect Weeden to fall deep into the draft unless someone is drafting him with a specific notion of him being a backup.

Npba900
10-11-2011, 06:02 PM

If the T2 fans wanted Tebow to take baby steps and ease his way into the starting QB position, you should have shown more patients and allowed coach Fox to bring Tebow along at the baby step pace!

However, T2 is the STARTER! As the starter T2 has now show he knows and can execute the ENTIRE play book! If Tim can't.....he shouldn't be starting...plain and simple.

Tebow had a chance to show "A little Improvement" by coming in and starting the entire 2nd half! That scenario would have been perfect baby steps! Can't take baby steps as the starter!

But now that the Tebow fans have taken the baby step approach way from Tebow's Development! Tim is now going to have to go in there and at least play from the pocket with the same consistency of the Bengals rookie Andy Dalton.

Tebow has now gone from pre-Algebra to trigonometry in just one short week with his first exam taking place his first day as the starter. Let's hope during the first 5 games Tebow has been getting by on 4 hours of sleep and drinking 5-hour energy because he's been trying the master the playbook and was film rat in preparation for next Sunday as the starting QB of the Denver Broncos.

slim
10-11-2011, 06:07 PM
If the T2 fans wanted Tebow to take baby steps and ease his way into the starting QB position, you should have shown more patients and allowed coach Fox to bring Tebow along at the baby step pace!

However, T2 is the STARTER! As the starter T2 has now show he knows and can execute the ENTIRE play book! If Tim can't.....he shouldn't be starting...plain and simple.

Tebow had a chance to show "A little Improvement" by coming in and starting the entire 2nd half! That scenario would have been perfect baby steps! Can't take baby steps as the starter!

But now that the Tebow fans have taken the baby step approach way from Tebow's Development! Tim is now going to have to go in there and at least play from the pocket with the same consistency of the Bengals rookie Andy Dalton.

Tebow has now gone from pre-Algebra to trigonometry in just one short week with his first exam taking place his first day as the starter. Let's hope during the first 5 games Tebow has been getting by on 4 hours of sleep and drinking 5-hour energy because he's been trying the master the playbook and was film rat in preparation for next Sunday as the starting QB of the Denver Broncos.

Fans don't make personnel decisions.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Did not have the time to see if this has already been posted or not. Much of what is in the article, comes from TT's press conference today:

Tim Tebow​, newly anointed Denver Broncos​ starting quarterback, today talked about handling expectations and what he and the Broncos offense need to accomplish before facing the Miami Dolphins on Oct. 22.

"I'm just very honored to get this opportunity," Tebow said this afternoon from the team's headquarters at Dove Valley. "I'm very excited. I'm just blessed to be a Denver Bronco, and to go out there and play for this organization is truly a privilege."

Coaches informed the quarterbacks of the decision to go with Tebow after the players arrived at Dove Valley this morning.

rest of article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19088708

jhildebrand
10-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Aikman was 23, not 28.
Youre right Aikman was 23.

And I don't see his age being a positive, most of those whom are older and enter the NFL have had minor careers, look at Mike Anderson - I expect Weeden to fall deep into the draft unless someone is drafting him with a specific notion of him being a backup.

Yep. Kurt Warner sucked too. He was 27 almost 28 during the Rams SB run. ;)

Npba900
10-11-2011, 06:31 PM
Screw him...Cowherd is an elitist.

He has admitted that he says things to rile people up because it is good for business.

Occaisionally he'll make some funny quips or have some insightful guest on his show, but by in large, his show is merely entertainment and not a good source of unbiased coverage.

Hopefully T2 lights it up now or in 5 weeks we will see the emergence of the QUINN Fans saying start Quinn.....Give Quinn a chance!!! Then Fox to get back at the Tebow fans...starts Quinn!!!:laugh:

Npba900
10-11-2011, 06:32 PM

Yes they do.....Tebow is starting!!!!:lol:

slim
10-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Hopefully T2 lights it up now or in 5 weeks we will see the emergence of the QUINN Fans saying start Quinn.....Give Quinn a chance!!! Then Fox to get back at the Tebow fans...starts Quinn!!!:laugh:

Lancane
10-11-2011, 06:36 PM
Youre right Aikman was 23.

Yep. Kurt Warner sucked too. He was 27 almost 28 during the Rams SB run.

Kurt Warner after a bad rookie camp left the NFL and played in the arena league for four or five years then returned and beat out his competition for the job. And even with all his talent, what happened after five years with the Rams? They thought he was done, he went to Arizona did well for a season or two but was never quite the same; age takes a toll more then people realize, or we wouldn't have 32 year old football players retiring, not everyone is as capable as Dawkins and Bailey!

Timmy!
10-11-2011, 06:40 PM
ny username is now for sale. $250 takes it. :heh:

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Northman
10-11-2011, 06:43 PM

My god, your getting as bad as Jags.

NightTerror218
10-11-2011, 06:48 PM
So is Orton #3? We still have the lame Orton or Quinn at #2 thing.

Ravage!!!
10-11-2011, 06:50 PM
So is Orton #3? We still have the lame Orton or Quinn at #2 thing.

who cares?

NightTerror218
10-11-2011, 06:51 PM
who cares?

I am curious in case Tebow flops. I was wondering if they did that because of the Tebow thing or if they will also say that to not hurt people's feelings.

Ravage!!!
10-11-2011, 06:52 PM
I am curious in case Tebow flops. I was wondering if they did that because of the Tebow thing or if they will also say that to not hurt people's feelings.

Did what? and who's feelings do you think they were concerned about? Wait, who's they?

NightTerror218
10-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Did what? and who's feelings do you think they were concerned about? Wait, who's they?

exactly :confused:

Npba900
10-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Luck
Jones
Weeden

Those are the guys I see that I like. I don't much about Weeden other than he is 28.

Nasib at Syarcuse is gonna be a beast but he has a way to go.

Barkley is garbage. I wouldn't want him anywhere near this roster.

Weeden maybe a sleeper. His maturity both mentally and physically we be key benefactors. If he's there in the 2nd round I'd take him if he's still there. Take OKLA. ST wide reciever Justin Blackmon with our number 1 pick!!!

PtYVW3hJP-Q

leoEHrGXpkE&feature

WARHORSE
10-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Whats really going to SUCK, heh heh, is if Tebow comes in, doesnt show much in the way of improvement over the next 6, 7 games or so, and yet we win...

THEN the arguments will become even MORE heated and debated all over Broncoland, and man do I NOT want to go through that.

Lets hope Tim shows what he has shown us this far, and begins to improve with each game, opponent, experience, etc, etc.

Give it your best Tim.

Lets see what ya got hombre.

NightTerror218
10-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Weeden maybe a sleeper. His maturity both mentally and physically we be key benefactors. If he's there in the 2nd round I'd take him if he's still there. Take OKLA. ST wide reciever Justin Blackmon with our number 1 pick!!!

PtYVW3hJP-Q

leoEHrGXpkE&feature

I think we are good at receiver unless Thomas can not make it in the NFL and stay healthy.

NightTerror218
10-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Whats really going to SUCK, heh heh, is if Tebow comes in, doesnt show much in the way of improvement over the next 6, 7 games or so, and yet we win...

THEN the arguments will become even MORE heated and debated all over Broncoland, and man do I NOT want to go through that.

Lets hope Tim shows what he has shown us this far, and begins to improve with each game, opponent, experience, etc, etc.

Give it your best Tim.

Lets see what ya got hombre.

If he does show improvement and we win. Then it is the defense winning us the games and Fox will look like a savior. If the offense scores more points or if Tebow does not have turn overs Orton has. then Tebow will have been an upgrade over Orton. The question would be then where are we drafting at and who is available and then that question will come to draft a potential franchise or develop Tebow more to see his ceiling.