PDA

View Full Version : Serious question to Florida fans about Tebow

broncobryce
10-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Does he usually take a few drives to warm up? It seems it was that way last season when he started and also yesterdays game.

I know he gets extremely hyped for games so is this something that we should expect? Does it take a few drives for him to calm down and play well?

Jagsbch
10-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Tebow just needs to practice with the players he is actually playing with.

Notice after the 3rd quarter practice with the starters Tebow threw 3 for 4 in the 4th his the pass into the endzone on the last play being the only incomplete pass out of the 4.

Tebows adjustment period was the result of play calling that forced his first pass of the season to be on 3rd and 8.

Rather than setting Tebow up with high percentage pass plays to get him in rythm, the play calling left much to be desired. Tebow managed to in the end rise above what was clearly poor coaching.

Bronco4ever
10-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Last year in Tebow's first start, I recall us getting two quick touchdowns (that big 40 yard run and that corner of the endzone strike to Lloyd). He did start off pretty slow in the Houston and SD games last year. This year I think you can write it off as being thrown into the fire in the middle of a game without the benefit of reps with the first team since the end of the lockout.

If he gets named our starter tomorrow, I don't see that being a trend in the future, but we'll see what happens.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-10-2011, 09:10 PM

Notice after the 3rd quarter practice with the starters Tebow threw 3 for 4 in the 4th his the pass into the endzone on the last play being the only incomplete pass out of the 4.

Tebows adjustment period was the result of play calling that forced his first pass of the season to be on 3rd and 8.

Rather than setting Tebow up with high percentage pass plays to get him in rythm, the play calling left much to be desired. Tebow managed to in the end rise above what was clearly poor coaching.

Since the change was made at halftime, I think it should be understandable that there was only one offensive game plan. I have heard it all now - blaming poor coaching because Tebow was not perfect :tsk:

broncobryce
10-10-2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the response. I just saw on ESPN Tebow is expected to be named the starter. No surprise to most of us here.

Hopefully getting some time with the 1's in practice will get us to a quick start against Miami. I somewhat agree they weren't doing him any favors by running on both 1st and 2nd down, but I can't kill them for it because Mcgahee was gashing SD's defense.

Davii
10-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Since the change was made at halftime, I think it should be understandable that there was only one offensive game plan. I have heard it all now - blaming poor coaching because Tebow was not perfect :tsk:

Good point Carol. What really amazes me is the even though Tebow played, and is likely to start against the fins, the tebow fanbois have gone from annoying to intolerable.

I'm rooting for Tebow to win every game he plays in, but to blame some dropped balls and some errant passes on "clearly poor coaching" is pathetic.

It is completely understandable that it took a little time for Tim to get in rhythm after barely seeing anything since preseason. It's no knock on Tim, but it sure as hell wasn't due to "clearly poor coaching".

Davii
10-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the response. I just saw on ESPN Tebow is expected to be named the starter. No surprise to most of us here.

Hopefully getting some time with the 1's in practice will get us to a quick start against Miami. I somewhat agree they weren't doing him any favors by running on both 1st and 2nd down, but I can't kill them for it because Mcgahee was gashing SD's defense.

I think we will see Tim improve every week, and even throughout games. As long as he gets better and works hard he has the job.

Jagsbch
10-10-2011, 09:21 PM
First pass of the year for a QB who the coach held back because the coach did not think was ready, should not be in a predictable 3rd and long scenerio. That was about the worst possible position to put Tebow in for his first pass of the season. To me that is by definition poor coaching. The predictability of the play was something that could have been avoided with a few high percentage pass plays on first and second down. It is what it is.

BeefStew25
10-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Tim Tebow has two heads?

Jagsbch
10-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Yes he is a monster in the passing as well as the running game. He has a head to run and aHead to throw.

Orton had 6 pass plays out of his last 7 as a starter. I am not talking about changing the playbook here, just allowing Tebow to get warmed up with the same high percentage pass plays Orton executes 99% of the time he is out on the field.

Trying to justify the coaching staff's action that forced Tebow in a 3rd and obvious long on his first pass play of the year with the starting offense is laughable.

Defense expected Fox to predictably start off with the Run with Tebow in there. Way too predictable start, Tebow was forced into a bad starting situation by the coaches. They are indeed to blame for the lack of efficiency, they could have done a better job, especially with a defense that was smothering WR's as it was.

JaxBroncoGirl
10-10-2011, 09:34 PM
Does he usually take a few drives to warm up? It seems it was that way last season when he started and also yesterdays game.

I know he gets extremely hyped for games so is this something that we should expect? Does it take a few drives for him to calm down and play well?

Well I do know that his throws are ugly but believe it or not he is pretty accurate. I know a lot of people will disagree. When he gets settled in, he should do very well.

lgenf
10-10-2011, 09:35 PM
I would say rusty and no reps with the 1st team all season gives no chemistry

He even admitted he hasn't worked with that center all year and the snap was someone of an adventure

I Eat Staples
10-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Good point Carol. What really amazes me is the even though Tebow played, and is likely to start against the fins, the tebow fanbois have gone from annoying to intolerable.

I'm rooting for Tebow to win every game he plays in, but to blame some dropped balls and some errant passes on "clearly poor coaching" is pathetic.

It is completely understandable that it took a little time for Tim to get in rhythm after barely seeing anything since preseason. It's no knock on Tim, but it sure as hell wasn't due to "clearly poor coaching".

Its especially pathetic because McCoy sucks plenty all on his own, he doesn't need to have even more mistakes blamed on him. He makes plenty all on his own.

lgenf
10-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Its especially pathetic because McCoy sucks plenty all on his own, he doesn't need to have even more mistakes blamed on him. He makes plenty all on his own.

Because the coaching staff did not take the time to prepare a package for T2 they are now trying to adapt plays for Orton to T2

So I wouldn't go so far as to say poor coaching, rather poor preparation

You have 1 QB that is stuck in the pocket and falls down when pressure gets near, and another that is mobile and won't go down with dudes hanging off him so they should get different plays called for them and when you don't have those plays in your book and you put the other guy in, then you don't get good results

Jagsbch
10-10-2011, 09:42 PM
I would say rusty and no reps with the 1st team all season gives no chemistry

He even admitted he hasn't worked with that center all year and the snap was someone of an adventure

That is on coaching as well. With fetal position Orton sucking as bad as he was, and with a team like the Chargers coming to town, you'd think your back up QB ought to get some reps with the first team. How is it that the fans where the only ones to see Orton needing to be replaced? Only ones who seen Tebow needed to start getting reps with the first team. Again this is on poor coaching IMO.

Lancane
10-10-2011, 09:44 PM

That's no lie...and I'm going to be outraged if he changes the offense to fit Tebow instead of the other way around, because it hinders his growth and makes for piss poor evaluation.

lgenf
10-10-2011, 09:47 PM
That's no lie...and I'm going to be outraged if he changes the offense to fit Tebow instead of the other way around, because it hinders his growth and makes for piss poor evaluation.

You have to change the offense

You have a mobile QB why wouldn't you use that to your advantage?

Roll outs and pass/run options, he'd be an idiot to keep the basic stand in the pocket offense like they run with Orton

broncobryce
10-10-2011, 10:03 PM

To make Tebow try to fit the "Orton offense" would be moronic, and horrible coaching.
Brian Billick was on the coaches show and said they do need to change the offense to fit Tebow, but also need to make him improve on the things he needs to.

He said they need to help him but not "enable" him. I would agree with that.

BroncoJoe
10-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Did Jags just get out of jail or something?

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Davii
10-10-2011, 10:07 PM
First pass of the year for a QB who the coach held back because the coach did not think was ready, should not be in a predictable 3rd and long scenerio. That was about the worst possible position to put Tebow in for his first pass of the season. To me that is by definition poor coaching. The predictability of the play was something that could have been avoided with a few high percentage pass plays on first and second down. It is what it is.

You're right, he should've gone to the other sideline and asked Norv to have a few defenders line up in the neutral zone so we could pass on first and five instead. Reality is that if Tim had thrown on first down or second down you woild be saying the same thing about that.

Tim obviously needed the snaps to calm down, there was nothing wrong with the two running plays called. You do realize the chargers d gets paid too right? They stopped the rn. Period.

Had Tim thrown a pick six on 2nd and 2 you would've blamed that on coaching too. Pull your ******* head out of your ass and learn that football doesn't begin and end with Tebow. He did some damn good things, and I am certainly a tebow supporter, but your posting borders on paranoia and obsession.

You do know he won't sleep with you right?

Davii
10-10-2011, 10:10 PM

I would think both need to happen. You tailor scheme to talent, but you improve your talent so they can do more. If we go straight Florida playbook that would be dumb, but it would be even more foolish to try and act like we have a peyton manning style qb.

BeefStew25
10-10-2011, 10:11 PM
You're right, he should've gone to the other sideline and asked Norv to have a few defenders line up in the neutral zone so we could pass on first and five instead. Reality is that if Tim had thrown on first down or second down you woild be saying the same thing about that.

Tim obviously needed the snaps to calm down, there was nothing wrong with the two running plays called. You do realize the chargers d gets paid too right? They stopped the rn. Period.

Had Tim thrown a pick six on 2nd and 2 you would've blamed that on coaching too. Pull your ******* head out of your ass and learn that football doesn't begin and end with Tebow. He did some damn good things, and I am certainly a tebow supporter, but your posting borders on paranoia and obsession.

You do know he won't sleep with you right?

Davii. I thought you were my brother.

Northman
10-10-2011, 10:14 PM

While i think they should adapt a bit to Tebow's strengths i wouldnt be happy either if they try to change it alltogether. They need to get Tebow to be able to work out of the pocket and go through reads. I think it can be done but i hope Fox doesnt miss the boat on that.

jhildebrand
10-10-2011, 10:15 PM
Rather than setting Tebow up with high percentage pass plays to get him in rythm,

I am, and have been since last year, a big T2 advocate. But this is garbage Hags. It just is. Tebow needs to be able to come in and show he can run the entire offense. If he can't run the offense and execute the game plan then he has NO BUSINESS being in there. That's just the facts of life, brother.

Now if you want to suggest that T2 is a QB, like many before him, needs some easy dump offs to get in rhythm, then fine. But don't come here trashing the team T2 plays for as if all by himself.

the play calling left much to be desired. Tebow managed to in the end rise above what was clearly poor coaching.

Again, shit like this is why most people HATE T2. It has nothing to do with the guy and everything about the fans that follow him as if this is still the SEC.

Poor coaching? :confused:

I am pretty sure, correct me if I am wrong, that SD was the #1 overall D last year. I am pretty sure they were pretty good. In fact, they showed several clips of our entire WR and TE corp being WELL covered. Fox could have easily pointed to that and left Orton in and many wouldn't have blamed him. The same was the case with T2. The other guys are paid too, Hags.

Finally, give Fox credit. After all he did what McDaniels, the one who drafted T2 and stated "the only thing he doesn't know about our offense is what we haven't told him," WOULDN'T. To the point it was rumored to be part of his firing.

jhildebrand
10-10-2011, 10:18 PM

Roll outs and pass/run options, he'd be an idiot to keep the basic stand in the pocket offense like they run with Orton

We are talking about Mike McCoy here :tsk: In fact there was a recent quote about McCoy and Xanders needing to prove themselves this season. McCoy was also the one who admitted after the Oakland game that he probably tailored the O too much for T2's first game. He would be smart to spend some time with the kid during the bye (when he isn't working on the center exchange with Walton) and dial up some plays.

Davii
10-10-2011, 10:19 PM

I am Beef. More than that, I feel we are kindred spirits.

Lancane
10-10-2011, 10:25 PM

Have you not watched the NFL? Mobile quarterbacks have to learn to be pocket passers to find success at the pro level, and the evidence astoundingly points to that fact. Cam Newton has become an almost pure pocket passer, he's not rushing for big yards, he's passing for them. Vick has literally returned to his old form and is showing his deficiencies, they're already talking about replacing him in Philadelphia. Name a successful rushing quarterback in the modern NFL whom has been successful?

Mobility is a huge plus when a play breaks down, or a quarterback needs to scramble to avoid defenders. Even Elway who was one of the most productive mobile quarterbacks of his era was more pocket capable, that's where the 'bread and butter' of pro quarterbacking lies and you Tebow-maniacs need to realize that. If we change the offense and conform it around him then the offense become deficient, conforming him to succeed in a pro-style offense means that if he succeeds then he'll be a complete quarterback and able to play in any offense; unless you want see in five or six years, us change the offenses that we have and to change quarterbacks because he no longer fits?

It's alright to change a small part of the offense, but very little. We can not run an option based offense at this level and hope for success. Granted, I don't think the Erhardt-Perkins variant that McCoy is running is efficient...not even close to it. But a pro-spread offense is a quarterback friendly offense, if he can not succeed in such a system, then how could he succeed in a West Coast, Air Coryell, Pistol or any of the other Pro-Style systems?

MOtorboat
10-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Did Jags just get out of jail or something?

He's averaging about one thread every four hours.

Was he this bad before?

jhildebrand
10-10-2011, 10:31 PM
He's averaging about one thread every four hours.

Was he this bad before?

wait till he starts posting B/R articles that he wrote himself as a link to proof of something he is stating here :lol:

Davii
10-10-2011, 10:32 PM

Beef,

My sincerest apologies. I hit quote on the wrong post, certainly none of that unfortunate post was directed at you. I blame poor coaching for my smart phone mistakes.

The post has been updated to reflect. Again, my apologies.

BeefStew25
10-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Beef,

My sincerest apologies. I hit quote on the wrong post, certainly none of that unfortunate post was directed at you. I blame poor coaching for my smart phone mistakes.

The post has been updated to reflect. Again, my apologies.

OMG, it's too late. I just swallowed all my kids Flintstones vitamins. Goodbye Davii. I loved you.

BroncoJoe
10-10-2011, 10:41 PM
OMG, it's too late. I just swallowed all my kids Flintstones vitamins. Goodbye Davii. I loved you.

All that'll do is give you a woody for six hours. Call the wife and put the kids to bed.

Davii
10-10-2011, 10:52 PM

It's not too late Beef. Joe has provided a good course of action. Anything else we can blame on poor coaching. It'll all work out, you'll see.

BeefStew25
10-10-2011, 11:08 PM
It's not too late Beef. Joe has provided a good course of action. Anything else we can blame on poor coaching. It'll all work out, you'll see.

I am on the road. I called the front desk. Brad is coming right up.

Davii
10-10-2011, 11:12 PM
I am on the road. I called the front desk. Brad is coming right up.

So you brought all your kids vitamins with you?

BeefStew25
10-10-2011, 11:14 PM
So you brought all your kids vitamins with you?

In the interest of thread drama, some liberties in my life have been taken.

Russ my gay neighbor would come over if need be.

Davii
10-10-2011, 11:33 PM
In the interest of thread drama, some liberties in my life have been taken.

Russ my gay neighbor would come over if need be.

Is Russ a Tebow fanboi?

horsepig
10-11-2011, 12:09 AM

Could be percieved exactly so. Who has sat Tebow's butt on the bench all this time? Was it ............duh, coaches?

horsepig
10-11-2011, 12:18 AM

Huckleberry, honey? The coaches sometimes can't see the forest for the trees. Something a lot of people on here can't seem to grasp. These guys are just people, some aren't so good.

The NFL is probably the best example of "the good ole boy network" there is, how else do you explain guys like Fox-74-74 record, or Norv with a sub .500 record continually getting jobs?

horsepig
10-11-2011, 12:20 AM
Because the coaching staff did not take the time to prepare a package for T2 they are now trying to adapt plays for Orton to T2

So I wouldn't go so far as to say poor coaching, rather poor preparation

You have 1 QB that is stuck in the pocket and falls down when pressure gets near, and another that is mobile and won't go down with dudes hanging off him so they should get different plays called for them and when you don't have those plays in your book and you put the other guy in, then you don't get good results

That's not poor coaching/preparation?

Bullgator
10-11-2011, 12:20 AM
When prepared Tebow will be ready to play at a high level right from the rip. At UF he never had the slow start issue unless going into an unknown like the OU championship game... times like that he needs to test the D and set them up... this can take a few drives... but after that he gets in the flow allowed him by the defense and his will takes over.

I expect a 300 yard passing game out of Tim in Miami, 2 TDs and at least 1 rushing TD with 70 or so rushing yards. Sounds like homerism? Not so, you just wait and see what he does to that D... those who pay attention to my predictions know I havent been wrong yet... and Im leading the pickems league! =D

dont piss on my parade just wait and see pls.

BeefStew25
10-11-2011, 12:27 AM
Is Russ a Tebow fanboi?

Yes he kinda acts gay like TT.

horsepig
10-11-2011, 12:34 AM
Look before you leap, Bull. Some of my friends bet on NFL games and always ask my opinions. I said, "The Colts are ******* douchenozzles, take Tampa and the points!"' good thing I didn't bet myself.

My point is, you can't predict anything in the NFL.

horsepig
10-11-2011, 12:38 AM
By the way, I would have put my dime on Tampa at SanFran. LOL.

Bullgator
10-11-2011, 12:39 AM
By the way, I would have put my dime on Tampa at SanFran. LOL.

I put 50 on SF so yea...

sneakers
10-11-2011, 05:41 AM

Those things are delicious.

Jagsbch
10-11-2011, 07:10 AM
Could be percieved exactly so. Who has sat Tebow's butt on the bench all this time? Was it ............duh, coaches?

Exactly my point, Tebows slow start with players he has not played with nor practiced with, is on the coaching and FO because they put their eggs in the wrong basket, then there is the issue of the lame play calling that fored Tebows first NFL pass of the season to be a predictable 3rd and long one, no Forsight whatsoever reflected in either the decision making as to who starts or the initial playcalling when Tebow replaced Orton.

MOtorboat
10-11-2011, 07:45 AM
Exactly my point, Tebows slow start with players he has not played with nor practiced with, is on the coaching and FO because they put their eggs in the wrong basket, then there is the issue of the lame play calling that fored Tebows first NFL pass of the season to be a predictable 3rd and long one, no Forsight whatsoever reflected in either the decision making as to who starts or the initial playcalling when Tebow replaced Orton.

Maybe Timmy needs to complete the damn pass,

Jagsbch
10-11-2011, 08:38 AM
Or maybe the coaching staff needs to go back to coaching 101 in regards to how to acclimate a QB to this level. Sticking him out there against a division rival with a 13 point deficit and then expecting him to deliver his first completion on a predictable 3rd and 8. You can't make this crap up, reality is indeed stranger than fiction. This is clearly an indictment on the coaching.

GEM
10-11-2011, 09:51 AM

Can you manage one post on the BRONCOS message board without tearing down the BRONCOS while building up your favorite player? Go slob on www.timtebow.com.

You don't like our team, you don't like our coach, you like to tear down the greatest player to ever play for the Denver Broncos while talking up a guy who has done jack shit for the BRONCOS...go find a fansite for Tim Tebow, because you are certainly no Denver BRONCOS fan.

TXBRONC
10-11-2011, 10:25 AM

Your view doesn't exists in reality. There were several passes he short hopped to the receivers. That had nothing to do with played called he has to do with him not getting the ball to where it belonged. People who are honest about Tebow's performance recognize it.