PDA

View Full Version : Cutler = 37 games with Denver, After Cutler = 37 games...

BroncoBJ
10-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Kind of random but Cutler was our starter here for 37 games and went 17-20. And then after Cutler, we have played 37 games. 33 with Orton, 1 with Simms, 3 with Tebow.

And our record is 13-24. Only 4 games worse then when Cutler was our starter but for some reason it feels so much worse. Just feels like its been a terrible 31 games. The 1st 6 games after Cutler were great but its been terrible since then and especially terrible in our last 22 games. Havn't won back to back games since beating the Giants on Thanksgiving and then beating the Chiefs back in 09. And havn't won back to back games on Sunday since the Cowboys and Patriots game way back in 09. Been a rough couple of seasons for us.

But just funny how 37 games with Jay, 37 games after Jay, and now it may be time to hopefully start the Tebow era. :elefant:

Northman
10-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Well, it is worse now because not only is the defense still a problem but the offense is in total rebuild. Back then, it was just one side that needed serious work and tweeking the redzone issues on offense. Now, its all a screwed up. We can thank "You know who" for all that.

spikerman
10-10-2011, 08:45 PM
Note to Tebow - If the pattern holds, you have 33.5 more games to prove yourself. Consider yourself on notice! :)

Nomad
10-10-2011, 08:50 PM
spiker, I believe Tebow only has 11 games to prove himself here for the BRONCOS.

Bosco
10-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Just so I'm clear here, you're saying that losing with Cutler was more exciting than losing without him?

BroncoBJ
10-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Just so I'm clear here, you're saying that losing with Cutler was more exciting than losing without him?

:lol: Naw, just that it felt like we were always having a chance late in the year to make the playoffs. With Orton just feels like we've been terrible forever. :fight:

spikerman
10-10-2011, 09:00 PM

Win or lose, with Cutler the Broncos were rarely boring.

Ziggy
10-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Win or lose, with Cutler the Broncos were rarely boring.

True, but Tebow brings more excitement than Cutler, and that's without BMarsh to throw to.

spikerman
10-10-2011, 09:02 PM
True, but Tebow brings more excitement than Cutler, and that's without BMarsh to throw to.

I can't argue with that. With Tebow, we don't know what we're going to get, but it should be fun to watch.

underrated29
10-10-2011, 09:03 PM
The reason is simple...

With Cutler we had a chance to win every game or come back for a win. With Kyle WE HAVE NEVER EVER HAD THAT!

It takes an immaculate deflection to do such a thing. That is why it has felt so worse, because we all knew after the other team took the lead that we were done and not coming back to win.

With cutler we had it. With tebow we have it. Kyle has no idea what "it" is.

BroncoBJ
10-10-2011, 09:08 PM
I can't argue with that. With Tebow, we don't know what we're going to get, but it should be fun to watch.

No doubt. Tebow is probably the most exciting player on this team I've seen. I think Portis and Bmarsh were the other 2 players where each game, I had no idea what they were going to do and I couldn't wait to watch them. Thats how it is with Tebow.

Love watching him play, even on the sidelines when were on defense, love watching him fired up. Gets me even more excited as a fan.

But I think Orton is the only QB, where I've actually been bored watching some games. Cant believe Denver made me bored at times, but Orton made that possible.