PDA

View Full Version : Big Vick on IR

D1g1tal j1m
10-10-2011, 04:58 PM
I don't know what happened to him, but now our DL is getting thinner like my hairline....
Roster Moves (http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/broncos-awarded-quinn-vickerson-to-ir/)

Denver Native (Carol)
10-10-2011, 05:41 PM
PostBroncos Lindsay Jones
Would expect Marcus Thomas to start alongside Bunkley at DT in #Broncos next game Oct 23 at Miami.
40 minutes ago

PostBroncos Lindsay Jones
Broncos announce DT Kevin Vickerson to IR w ankle injury. Team adds FB Quinn Johnson, claimed off waivers from Titans.
43 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/postbroncos

Buff
10-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Pretty sure Vickerson played with his ankle injury yesterday. I wonder if this is more about his ineffective play - and stupid penalties - than his injury.

Medford Bronco
10-10-2011, 05:45 PM
How much thinner can we get on D :eek:

We suck all around right now as a team :mad:

Josh ruined this franchise. I hate him so much. He is ruining Bradford as well. Josh get of the NFL before you curse any more teams you fraud.

rationalfan
10-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Pretty sure Vickerson played with his ankle injury yesterday. I wonder if this is more about his ineffective play - and stupid penalties - than his injury.

then, why wouldn't they just cut him?

rationalfan
10-10-2011, 05:46 PM
How much thinner can we get on D :eek:

We suck all around right now as a team :mad:

Josh ruined this franchise. I hate him so much. He is ruining Bradford as well. Josh get of the NFL before you curse any more teams you fraud.

if that's the case, send mcd to san diego, please.

Buff
10-10-2011, 05:47 PM
then, why wouldn't they just cut him?

Because we paid him a signing bonus in the offseason, his salary is already guaranteed this season, and we'd like to bring him back as camp fodder next year? I don't know. Maybe we told him to go put back on all the weight he lost in the offseason. Or maybe his ankle is really hurt. Clearly, I am speculating.

Buff
10-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Also, by putting him on IR we keep him from signing with one of our division rivals. If the money is all the same, better to put him on the shelf than on the open market.

BroncoStud
10-10-2011, 05:51 PM
At this point we might want to pick up the phone and see if there has been a Darryl Gardner sighting at any local IHOPs.

slim
10-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Swapping Vick for Marcus Thomas is a good thing, IMO.

Lancane
10-10-2011, 06:50 PM

Though now we have an issue with depth, if we get any thinner at the position offenses are going to start calling them the Charmin line!

rcsodak
10-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Vick was the reason for the stout run D up til yesterday. He was last yr as well. He played, they didn't run. He was on the sidelines, they gained big yards. Shitpot!

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

pnbronco
10-10-2011, 11:28 PM

Plus Bunkley is back too. So we lost one gained 2. Vick was limping pretty bad last night. I was pretty surprised to hear he was going on IR.

NightTerror218
10-11-2011, 11:24 AM
We know have a real FB. He is a blocking one too, which can help on slightly better then last year running game.