PDA

View Full Version : Fox will announce Broncos' starting QB decision Tuesday

Magnificent Seven
10-10-2011, 03:35 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823014a0/article/fox-will-announce-broncos-starting-qb-decision-tuesday?module=HP11_headline_stack

BroncoStud
10-10-2011, 03:43 PM
What's to decide? Fox and Elway would be complete dumbasses to put Orton back in at that point. If they do then I hope they both lose their jobs in the near future.

MOtorboat
10-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Effing circus.

silkamilkamonico
10-10-2011, 03:49 PM
The only reason I see them delaying this is they want to notify the team, which is the correct decision, IMHO. We can hate on Orton all we want, but there are still guys in that lockerroom that have a ton of respect for him, probably moreso as a person, that deserve to know the decision before anyone else.

Tned
10-10-2011, 03:49 PM
Here are comments from Fox addressing the timing of the QB announcement.

On whether QB Tim Tebow gives the team the best chance to win

“That’s something we’ll evaluate; we’ll meet. I’ll have the team in, and with all do respect for what you guys do, the way we will operate is we will communicate with the people involved and the team long before we announce it to you guys. That won’t be happening today because we don’t see the team until tomorrow.”

On when the starting quarterback will be announced

“I’d say there is a strong likelihood that we will address that tomorrow.”

vandammage13
10-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Effing circus.

Only EFX is to blame for this for the way they handled all of this through the offseason up to now.

From the failed KO trade, to the QB competition that was a non-competition, to the leaking of negative information on Tebow, to the Co #2 QB listing, to the flawed company line of "Kyle gives us the best chance to win.."

They can only blame themselves for the "Circus."

They should have just recognized what this season was from the get-go and started Tebow from the beginning...That would have avoided much of what has happened up to now.

BigDaddyBronco
10-10-2011, 03:52 PM
If they pick Orton, this place will go nuts.

Occupy Dove Valley

BroncoWave
10-10-2011, 03:54 PM
If they pick Orton, this place will go nuts.

Occupy Dove Valley

People would be lined up outside Dove Valley with torches and pitchforks if that happened. I just don't see any way they go back to Orton now.

Juriga72
10-10-2011, 03:55 PM
I SO want Kyle Re-named Starting Qb....

Press-"Kyle...do you think you should have been benched?"
Kyle-" Nope.. I thought I just needed a bit more time to warm up"
Press-"How much more time Kyle?"
Kyle-" A 3 year extension would do...."

Dzone
10-10-2011, 03:57 PM
If they announce Orton as starter tomorrow, this entire franchise has lost all credibility and will have no respect from the fans.

Dzone
10-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Tebow had a higher QB rating than Brady yesterday. But wth, lets go with the guy that is ranked last...hahahaa

Northman
10-10-2011, 04:04 PM
If they announce Orton as starter tomorrow, this entire franchise has lost all credibility and will have no respect from the fans.

They dont care what a bunch of 6's think.

G_Money
10-10-2011, 04:12 PM
But it would be FUNNY.

They'd be causing lots of hilarious aneurysms, especially on this board.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_dUm-6cblCSc/StcyrLTiveI/AAAAAAAAAWM/9hk5OLmvh7k/s400/exploding+head.jpg

~G

Northman
10-10-2011, 04:17 PM
I SO want Kyle Re-named Starting Qb....

Press-"Kyle...do you think you should have been benched?"
Kyle-" Nope.. I thought I just needed a bit more time to warm up"
Press-"How much more time Kyle?"
Kyle-" A 3 year extension would do...."

Well, he is still learning the system. :laugh:

vettesplus
10-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Tebow had a higher QB rating than Brady yesterday. But wth, lets go with the guy that is ranked last...hahahaa

but brady won!!!!!!:confused:

slim
10-10-2011, 05:18 PM

It's too bad your boy Orton got benched.

I guess it was a rough weekend for you?

T.K.O.
10-10-2011, 05:23 PM

Brady was on the field for more than 10 Minutes......that helps:laugh::salute:

elsid13
10-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Please name Orton, I want to watch the Tebownuts go ape shit.

T.K.O.
10-10-2011, 05:25 PM
At this point starting Orton again is as good as admitting we are going "all in" the Luck sweeps:shocked:

slim
10-10-2011, 05:26 PM
At this point starting Orton again is as good as admitting we are going "all in" the Luck sweeps:shocked:

I guess some people still think he gives us a chance to win :noidea:

underrated29
10-10-2011, 05:29 PM

I think all bronco fans except Orton lovers will go nuts.

Canmore
10-10-2011, 05:33 PM

That's how I would read it. Orton has played himself out of a job if we are playing the quarterback that gives us the best chance to win. Playing Orton makes no sense if we are playing the best players available.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-10-2011, 05:38 PM

IMO - Orton has been the starter - so I would see no reason to announce that the starter is the starter. With Fox not outright stating today that Orton is the starter, as usual, I have to feel that the announcement will be that Tebow is now the starter.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Also, an interesting sidenote - my son said he was listening to the pregame on KOA yesterday, and Adam Schefter was on there, and Adam stated that Miami is still looking for a QB.

Medford Bronco
10-10-2011, 05:51 PM
There is no decision. He might not be the better passer but Tebow has more guts then Orton ever had. I would give him a shot. It is not like Denver is making the playoffs with this team anyways. The D is so thin it is not even funny.

Credit to McGahee for a good game yesterday as well.

I want Tebow to play. It will bring back more excitement.

BroncoStud
10-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Seems like a good fit, but Miami wasn't willing to pay Garrard $1 MILLION this year and wanted him to take the minimum, I think he's a better player than Orton... Is there ANY market for Orton now?

Canmore
10-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Seems like a good fit, but Miami wasn't willing to pay Garrard $1 MILLION this year and wanted him to take the minimum, I think he's a better player than Orton... Is there ANY market for Orton now?

I would say no as far as this year is concerned. Next year?

elsid13
10-10-2011, 05:57 PM
I think all bronco fans except Orton lovers will go nuts.

I am sure the Tebownuts and conspiracy nuts will be funniest though.

I wouldn't be surprised once the coaches look at the tape, they give Tebow negative grades. Because as exciting as looks on TV or from the stands doesn't mean it was good performance

Npba900
10-10-2011, 06:12 PM

Oh well if Tebow is named the starter lets get ready for some Tebow Ball and entertain the Tebow-mite fans base! The Fans should be careful what they have wished for.

Now that the Tebow fan base have possible put pressure on rushing Tebow into the starting line up too soon, they may have ushered Tebow out of Denver a few years too early especially over the next 11 games if things go horrible wrong!

Next the Tebow fans will say "Hey Give Tebow more time" its just been eleven games! But the dye may have already been cast. In 2012, EFX will have seen enough and will use its No.1 pick on a QB that will challenge Tebow!

Time table for Tebow's development has been pushed from "Project" to at least play on the same level right away as Cam Newton and Andy Dalton!!!

Tebow had better hope he excels in the pocket in 2011 just as Newton and Andy Dalton have done because that's who Tebow will be compared with.

Fast forward, T2 will need to comes into training camp and pre-season in 2012 playing lights out; or EFX will not go through another QB Circus with the fans threatening to burn the place down because their beloved Tebow wasn't given a chance to start 32 games.

The Tebow fans may have unwittingly taken Tebow from pre-algebra to trigonometry.....two years before he's ready. We will see. Good Tebow you just may need it in the end.

Npba900
10-10-2011, 06:19 PM
IMO - Orton has been the starter - so I would see no reason to announce that the starter is the starter. With Fox not outright stating today that Orton is the starter, as usual, I have to feel that the announcement will be that Tebow is now the starter.

For the sake of excitment! What do you think the Tebow Fans would do if Fox announced that Orton would be the starter for the first half and for the sake of excitment to sell more pop corn and peanuts, Tebow will start the 2nd and play the entire 2nd half!

This way Tebow isn't rushed into the starting slot too soon while gaining valuable playing time and experience.

Nomad
10-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Orton's had his shot......let's see what the kid can do!

BroncoWave
10-10-2011, 06:49 PM

I care more about what's best for the Broncos than if Tebow fanbois are happy or not.

Lancane
10-10-2011, 06:51 PM
I care more about what's best for the Broncos than if Tebow fanbois are happy or not.

Exactly...I want to see what Tebow has, but I have no problem come the end of the year and if he looks like shit, drafting the best quarterback available in the draft.

Rick
10-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Not sure why you are just a Tebow fan if you want Tebow to start?

Maybe we just want to see if Tebow is the guy or move on and there is no way to see that if Orton continues?

I personally was ok with Orton starting the whole year and letting Tebow gain experience...so long as Orton could get the job done but he hasn't.

If we are going to get average to below average play from the QB I would rather it be the kid, let him get experience and let's see what he's got.

I am not expecting a top flight pocket passer type numbers from Tebow but I do expect he will move the chains with his other intangibles and I expect he will be much more accurate in Miami if he gets the next 2 weeks with the first teamers to get timing down.

Orton went 6-13 for 34 yards and a pick in that half and unlike Tebow he can't run for shit. if a pocket passer can't pass...I think it is time to move on.

hotcarl
10-10-2011, 07:36 PM
according to moteher ******* b-lloyd on the mutha ****** 104.3 he said its all tebow all the time so get ready to party broncos-dfiznaticz.... gonna be gettin a "went to tebowtown and all i got was this motha ****** t-shirt" t-shrts. grats,,,, and lates. pease.