PDA

View Full Version : I Hated What I had Become, But The Broncos Are Back!!!

vandammage13
10-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Call it apathy, jadedness, cynicism, masochism, whatever...but I look back on myself just 24 hours ago and hate what I had become.

Perhaps 2+ years of Orton and abysmal Bronco performances can do that to a man, but I had grown apathetic and somewhat amused each week to the futility of what Bronco football had become.

Just a few years ago, I would almost get sick when the Broncos would lose a game, but now I had grown to expect it, and became numb to it.

I would find myself chuckling to each Orton gaffe.

Maybe it was just my way of dealing with the inevitable losses, but the Broncos had become lovable losers to me.

Then came the Halftime yesterday, and the game was looking like another run-of-the mill blowout in the making that I had grown all too accustomed to.

Enter Tim Tebow.

I can't really explain what happened in words, but the team just looked energized. They looked like they believed they could win, and so did I.

As we all know, what would become an amazing rally would ultimately fall short, but for the first time in a long time I believed we could win.

After that game was over I felt pumped again. It is a feeling I haven't had for the Broncos in a long time. I don't know if Tebow is the guy, but I am excited about this team again.

Never again will I allow myself to grow accustomed to losing. I believe this team can win again.

Call it optimism, faith, hope, homerism, whatever...My Broncos are back baby!!