PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Who would you rather have at QB in 2012, Tebow or Luck? Click to vote:

Tned
10-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Ok, this is a poll question that Nate Kreckman (@Natekreckman) on the 102.3 homepage (www.denverssportsstation.com).

Based on what you saw this weekend, would you rather have Tebow or Luck playing QB for the Broncos in 2012?

It's an interesting question. So, it isn't so much do you think we have a shot at Luck, but if you could choose, who would you rather have playing QB in 2012?

silkamilkamonico
10-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Luck, with Tebow in a utility/backup QB role.

Northman
10-10-2011, 11:57 AM
I hate these polls. Not because its stupid or anything but the options are always limited and not broad enough. Its just too hard to determine. One guy has played in the NFL and one hasnt.

But, if i had to go by just their style of play i would say Andrew Luck. Ive never been a big fan of run heavy QB's. I like the pass first/run second type of QB over the opposite. But it doesnt mean that Tebow cant become that kind of QB. And just because Luck is highly touted does not mean he wont become the next Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus Russell.

But, going with the options here im still going to say Luck just based off preference of play style.

BroncoBully
10-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Tebow

I dont watch college so I have no idea about luck other then what I've heard of him from broncos forums.

If Tebow starts the rest of the year and is awful then I say we need a new QB. As of now, we just made a change to the 1st rounder Pat Bowlen selected in 2010. I think we are good as of now.

If you would of asked me last week my answer would of been anyone other then orton is great.

BigSarge87
10-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Dudes (and Gem), I love what I saw yesterday from Tebow, it was a blast to watch, but he's never going to be a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. He just isn't. He'll always be fun to watch and he's going to keep us in games, but he'll always make bonehead mistakes that lose us games too. If Luck is half of what everyone claims he is, then he'll be the best QB of the next generation by a mile.

I said Luck, but if Tebow can improve his decision making and short range accuracy by the end of the season, I'll change my mind.

vandammage13
10-10-2011, 12:00 PM
Luck, with Tebow in a utility/backup QB role.

Nah...I don't think you can keep Tebow here as a backup.

If the starter is ever struggling, there's always going to be (as B. Lloyd puts it) the "Tebow Thing."

Tebow either needs to be the starter or we need to deal him. Having Tim as the backup just puts too much pressure on the starter IMO.

Buff
10-10-2011, 12:00 PM
Luck is a polished pocket passer. Not saying Tebow can't be a successful NFL QB, but if given the option, I'll always take the pure pocket passer over the run/pass dual threat in the NFL.

If you were asking me who I'd rather have lead my college team, I'll probably take the run/pass threat.

vandammage13
10-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Dudes (and Gem), I love what I saw yesterday from Tebow, it was a blast to watch, but he's never going to be a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. He just isn't. He'll always be fun to watch and he's going to keep us in games, but he'll always make bonehead mistakes that lose us games too. If Luck is half of what everyone claims he is, then he'll be the best QB of the next generation by a mile.

I said Luck, but if Tebow can improve his decision making and short range accuracy by the end of the season, I'll change my mind.

What bonehead mistakes? I haven't seen him make even one mistake that actually cost us a game in any game he's played yet.

Sure, he'll make mistakes along the way, but I don't see how you can use a finite term like "always" when he has yet to do it even once.

More baseless assuptions drilled into your head by the media.

lgenf
10-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Tebow

then we can focus on draft choices on REAL HOLES this team has, like DB, DL, OL, RB

I am hoping to all get up that Denver takes that new shiny CB out of LSU this year, that may not have the return game Peterson did, but is a way better press corner - something we need badly

T.K.O.
10-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Love Tebows will to win and agree he brings major intangibles...could very well be a great QB.....BUT !
Luck is widely considered the most " sure thing" to come to the nfl at the QB position in decades...i would have to go with that.
the possibility of having a Manning/Brady type QB at the helm of the Broncos for years to come is too much to pass up.
the other question would then be....
am i excited about the idea of the Broncos having the worst record in the NFL to gain the 1st pick ?.......HELL NO !:laugh::salute:

Dirk
10-10-2011, 12:05 PM
This is a tough question. I chose Luck simply because he should be able to hit the ground running (in a QB sense) where Tebow is still a project. I LOVE what Tebow brings to the table.

I will change my tune if Tebow plays the remainder of the year and develops into a better NFL style QB.

By the way T, you left Landry Jones off the list. I'm starting to like that kid.

Northman
10-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Tebow

then we can focus on draft choices on REAL HOLES this team has, like DB, DL, OL, RB

I am hoping to all get up that Denver takes that new shiny CB out of LSU this year, that may not have the return game Peterson did, but is a way better press corner - something we need badly

Mathieu is awesome. I actually like him way better than Peterson.

I Eat Staples
10-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Luck. This is a passing league, and Luck has a chance to be the next spectacular passer. Tebow will never be able to win games from the pocket.

Northman
10-10-2011, 12:06 PM
This is a tough question. I chose Luck simply because he should be able to hit the ground running (in a QB sense) where Tebow is still a project. I LOVE what Tebow brings to the table.

I will change my tune if Tebow plays the remainder of the year and develops into a better NFL style QB.

By the way T, you left Landry Jones off the list. I'm starting to like that kid.

Jones is growing on me a lot too. Especially after the Texas game.

vandammage13
10-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Tebow

We need to draft a DT that doesn't get a bonehead personal foul with the game on the line.

BroncoBully
10-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Tebow will help Denver not get the 1st pick by beating the fins and at the same time assure Miami a top 2 pick. Miami definately won't pass on this luck kid.

vandammage13
10-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Tebow will help Denver not get the 1st pick by beating the fins and at the same time assure Miami a top 2 pick. Miami definately won't pass on this luck kid.

Yeah, Miami's got to be the front runner for Luck right now.

With Henne out for the year (he sucked anyway) and Matt Moore starting the rest of the year I'd say they are on the fast track to win the Luck sweepstakes.

Keep in mind Matt Moore had a hand in helping Carolina win the #1 pick last year. Seems to be a good fit for the job.

lgenf
10-10-2011, 12:11 PM

what games have you watched????????????????

what mistakes are you seeing?????????????????

REALLY????????????

oh my, T2 hasn't done anything in his 4 games that he has played in so far in his pro career EXCEPT keep a dead Broncos team in the game and come back to make a game of it (IN EVERY GAME HE HAS PLAYED SO FAR)

now that is not even enough to satisfy you?

really?

come on - there was no OTA, no fair QB shootout in Preseason and NO REPS WITH THE 1st STRING Offense, and the kid comes in off the bench and makes things happen, and those are things that are going to cost us games

oh you mean like cost us games like a rookie does when they finally get the ball, or like Brett Favre did - yeah I can live with that and use our draft picks are positions that ACTUALLY cost us wins, like DB or OL those HUGE holes with have in our starting 22 out on the field

we finally have the luxury of letting the QB learn the game as now everyone including the lockeroom is convinced the season is lost and we can finally afford to see what T2 has and how he will grow in real games (not practice)

with that, we draft no QB next year - we keep Quinn, and pull Webster off the practice squad and make a run with T2

and get better in other positions that ACTUALLY cost us games

underrated29
10-10-2011, 12:12 PM
well lets see...

Ryan Leaf was the best of his time, a cant miss.
Mike Williams was too.
Reggie Bush also
And Alex Smith
and
and
and.....

I know- Is the difference between a rookie in luck vs tebow, that much higher than say a difference in a nnamdi asmougha vs Cassius Vaugh?

Or the difference between a Rookie RB vs knowshon or mcgahee?

Easy answer!!!- Fix the effing defense!!!!!!!

BroncoBully
10-10-2011, 12:14 PM
what about Curtis Painter? lol

Id rather have him then luck, hes had nfl success so far... lool

xzn
10-10-2011, 12:18 PM
We won't be bad enough to get Luck, but we will likely be bad enough to get Matt Barkley / Landry Jones / Kellen Moore... THAT should be the Poll Question, imo.

Personally, I hope T2 works out so we can use our probable high pick on a run-stuffing DT!

Npba900
10-10-2011, 12:32 PM

If the starter is ever struggling, there's always going to be (as B. Lloyd puts it) the "Tebow Thing."

Tebow either needs to be the starter or we need to deal him. Having Tim as the backup just puts too much pressure on the starter IMO.

Point is if we simply deal T2 how much will we get for him? I'd much rather see if Tebow has what it takes to start 16 games in 2012 while his possible replacement is waiting in the wings like an Aaron Rodgers scenario or a Drew Breeze-Phillip Rivers scenario. Meanwhile Tebow continues to develop and start and his possible trade value only goes up!

pnbronco
10-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Sat was the first time I had seen Luck. Man the kid is amazing, my jaw just kept dropping. Of course I would love for Tebow to work out and use the picks for other positions. If I could have Luck there is no way I would turn that down.

MOtorboat
10-10-2011, 12:45 PM
If we were in a bubble, Luck hands down.

We've got Tebow though, and I don't think we'll be in any position to draft Luck.

Npba900
10-10-2011, 12:52 PM
I hate these polls. Not because its stupid or anything but the options are always limited and not broad enough. Its just too hard to determine. One guy has played in the NFL and one hasnt.

But, if i had to go by just their style of play i would say Andrew Luck. Ive never been a big fan of run heavy QB's. I like the pass first/run second type of QB over the opposite. But it doesnt mean that Tebow cant become that kind of QB. And just because Luck is highly touted does not mean he wont become the next Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus Russell.

But, going with the options here im still going to say Luck just based off preference of play style.

I agree, Luck would be the best choice over Tebow. The same argument could have been said about Cam Newton. In fact if we were polled last year who would we rather have Cam or Tebow? The way Newton has played thus far, I'd rather have Newton vs Tebow; but who knew Cam would have played so well thus far from the Pocket!

Both Luck and Newton have shown they play from the Pocket and make the necessary throws accurately and consistently.

The interesting question is had Luck came out in the 2011 draft he would have been taken number 1 ahead of Cam Newton which probably would have allowed Cam to fall to number 4 overall......with the 4th pick overall in this years draft would Elway have pulled the trigger and drafted Cam, despite Tebow had already been drafted number 1 in 2010 by the fired HCing regime??

Imagine the outrage from the Tebow fans had Elway drafted Cam No. 4 overall! And said there's a 4 way fight for the starting QB job in Denver???

Zweems56
10-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Why isn't there an option for "i'll make my decision at the end of the season?"

NightTerror218
10-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Point is if we simply deal T2 how much will we get for him? I'd much rather see if Tebow has what it takes to start 16 games in 2012 while his possible replacement is waiting in the wings like an Aaron Rodgers scenario or a Drew Breeze-Phillip Rivers scenario. Meanwhile Tebow continues to develop and start and his possible trade value only goes up!

And if Tebow ends up being the starter you waited a top 10 pick on a bench player who may never play........why do that?

Npba900
10-10-2011, 01:01 PM
what games have you watched????????????????

what mistakes are you seeing?????????????????

REALLY????????????

oh my, T2 hasn't done anything in his 4 games that he has played in so far in his pro career EXCEPT keep a dead Broncos team in the game and come back to make a game of it (IN EVERY GAME HE HAS PLAYED SO FAR)

now that is not even enough to satisfy you?

really?

come on - there was no OTA, no fair QB shootout in Preseason and NO REPS WITH THE 1st STRING Offense, and the kid comes in off the bench and makes things happen, and those are things that are going to cost us games

oh you mean like cost us games like a rookie does when they finally get the ball, or like Brett Favre did - yeah I can live with that and use our draft picks are positions that ACTUALLY cost us wins, like DB or OL those HUGE holes with have in our starting 22 out on the field

we finally have the luxury of letting the QB learn the game as now everyone including the lockeroom is convinced the season is lost and we can finally afford to see what T2 has and how he will grow in real games (not practice)

with that, we draft no QB next year - we keep Quinn, and pull Webster off the practice squad and make a run with T2

and get better in other positions that ACTUALLY cost us games

EFX would be foolish to ignore the opportunity to draft Jones or Barkley in 2012. Also keep in mind if Elway wants Luck bad enough who's to say he doesn't sweeten the pot by offering up 2 number one picks in 2013 and 2014! Bowlen wouldn't care because he's a hands off owner! The only objection would be some Broncos fans, of which Elway will ignore.

Getting Luck would be basically telling Tebow his days in Denver are short lived. However, drafting Barkley or Jones, would still allow Tebow to start one or two season to allow Jones and Barkley to develop and for Tebow to raise his trade value and interest from 31 other NFL teams by proving he's the real deal.

lgenf
10-10-2011, 01:10 PM
EFX would be foolish to ignore the opportunity to draft Jones or Barkley in 2012. Also keep in mind if Elway wants Luck bad enough who's to say he doesn't sweeten the pot by offering up 2 number one picks in 2013 and 2014! Bowlen wouldn't care because he's a hands off owner! The only objection would be some Broncos fans, of which Elway will ignore.

Getting Luck would be basically telling Tebow his days in Denver are short lived. However, drafting Barkley or Jones, would still allow Tebow to start one or two season to allow Jones and Barkley to develop and for Tebow to raise his trade value and interest from 31 other NFL teams by proving he's the real deal.

it's a difference of opinion here

I think there is NO WAY that Elway doesn't address the Defense in this next draft, the same way they did with the 1st pick this year - but that all depends on the improvement T2 shows

if he shows no improvement - then you may be on to something, but if the game settles down for him the way it does for most rookies after a few starts and things look up, there is no way they waste a 1st or 2nd round pick on the maybe of a future QB, there are too many other holes on this team and there are always good, future QB's coming out every year

maybe not the LUCK's of the world, but they only come along every 20 years or so

Npba900
10-10-2011, 01:11 PM
And if Tebow ends up being the starter you waited a top 10 pick on a bench player who may never play........why do that?

Point well taken. However, I'm looking at it from the point that now that the rookie contracts are no longer the "Bust-the-Bank" deals, financially Denver can now take the risk in the draft.

Keep in mind Green Bay had the same scenario with Farve and Rodgers and the Chargers with Breeze and Phillips.

Rodgers sat for 3 seasons backing up Farve and led the Packers to a SB victory and Breeze and Phillips are now Pro Bowl QB's and Breeze has won a Super Bowl.

Elway will do well to try and have the same QB scenario happen in Denver.

hotcarl
10-10-2011, 01:12 PM
orton FTW

vandammage13
10-10-2011, 01:12 PM

Well, Tebow would be the starter in that scenario then, wouldn't he? So yeah, I agree with you there.

Rex
10-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Is this a serious question?

dogfish
10-10-2011, 01:34 PM
luck. . . i'm LMFAO that it's even close. . . .

Skacorica
10-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Whom do you love more, your wife or your mother?

I believe strongly in Tebow, but Andrew Luck imo is the best pure pro style passer in years (though he is also an excellent athlete).

The question really should be:

"Would you rather give up 2-3 first round picks (and God knows what else) and have Luck or have Tebow and some high D picks?" In which case, I choose TT.

NightTerror218
10-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Point well taken. However, I'm looking at it from the point that now that the rookie contracts are no longer the "Bust-the-Bank" deals, financially Denver can now take the risk in the draft.

Keep in mind Green Bay had the same scenario with Farve and Rodgers and the Chargers with Breeze and Phillips.

Rodgers sat for 3 seasons backing up Farve and led the Packers to a SB victory and Breeze and Phillips are now Pro Bowl QB's and Breeze has won a Super Bowl.

Elway will do well to try and have the same QB scenario happen in Denver.

ya but those starters were vets already and not in 2nd year. The new Qb would take over in time. Breeze was not an amazing Qb till he got to Saints and they had him for several years as a starter to see what he could do. Farve was a question mark how how many more years he had so they drafted a QB to be groomed. You dont draft a QB to be groomed behind a 2nd year. You do it behind a Vet or else you draft him to be a quick starter.

silkamilkamonico
10-10-2011, 01:40 PM

Actually a very good point.

Day1BroncoFan
10-10-2011, 01:42 PM
I'd have to say Tebow based on what I've seen so far. I have never watched Luck play.

Nick
10-10-2011, 01:46 PM
I will answer this after the Lions or Raiders game after I see if he progresses in a few areas of concern.

Luck is one of the best prospects at QB coming out in a long time BUT an accurate Tebow would open a lot of things.

Dreadnought
10-10-2011, 01:53 PM
Tebow, because him starting will have meant he had a tolerably successful Year in 2011 and we can then fix other stuff. I want this finally settled. No more QB's in the first round, please.

elsid13
10-10-2011, 02:10 PM
Luck by far. NFL QB get paid to make plays from the pocket and deliver accurate pass. I know that Luck can do that, plus move around enough to keep plays alive. Tebow at this point is running a wildcat offense and I don't know how long that will last when DC game plan for it.

BroncoStud
10-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Luck. Can't-miss player. Luck without question.

jlarsiii
10-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Luck. Can't-miss player. Luck without question.

Agreed. Once in a generation prospect versus project...

Like hoptard said this shouldn't even be close. In this hypothetical situation the obvious choice is Luck.

Magnificent Seven
10-10-2011, 02:21 PM
I will stick with Tim Tebow. I don't want another QB controversy between Tebow and Luck in future.

For sure, they will let Orton go after this season.

Npba900
10-10-2011, 02:27 PM
I will stick with Tim Tebow. I don't want another QB controversy between Tebow and Luck in future.

For sure, they will let Orton go after this season.

There wouldn't be a QB controversy between Tebow and Luck! Luck is simply the more polished QB as a rookie over Tebow's 3rd year in the league.

Imagine the QB controversy back when the Broncos picked Elway no. 1 in 83. Was Elway suppossed to sit the bench while "Steve DeBerg" started over Elway????

Same scenario if you ask me.;)

Dzone
10-10-2011, 02:30 PM
If Im a DB, I would rather have to tackle Luck than Tebow

Npba900
10-10-2011, 02:34 PM
If Im a DB, I would rather have to tackle Luck than Tebow

Why! According to some posters, Tebow is now running out of bounds or hook-sliding and not taking on would be tacklers like a fullback.....so what would DBs have to fear!!!!!;)

Nomad
10-10-2011, 02:47 PM
I'd go with Luck but I'm hoping Tebow will succeed as a great QB because he's a BRONCO.

Tned
10-10-2011, 02:48 PM

I agee. I texted Nate Kreckman on his show earlier and told him I thought it was a loaded question, since there was no telling if we would even be in the running for Luck, and we haven't seen much of Tebow.

Still, I think it's an interesting discussion to have, because of their vastly different styles and the fact that many think Luck is the best QB prospect in many years, if not decades.

lgenf
10-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Luck by far. NFL QB get paid to make plays from the pocket and deliver accurate pass.

actually NFL QB's get paid to WIN games and in the end that is all that matters

if T2 looks just like he did yesterday and had started from week 1 and the Broncos were 4-1 right now, would anyone care about mechanics or if he was a pocket passer

Vick was a scramble around QB and made plays - last year he changed his game to a pocket passer and surprised the league (for the first half of the year) how's that worked for him since then

if you can make plays then you make plays, if you are going to just stand in the pocket and try to complete passes only, then the defense will key on that and beat you to a pulp, if vick would go back to being vick and running when things are open it would open up the passing game and the eagles would be 5-0 right now, but he's not doing that

no way do I want T2 just sitting back there, throwing passes, that lets the defense key on one thing only and doesn't keep them honest.

Let him do what he does

design some freaking roll out option plays where he can throw or run and the defense will have to play the run first, that in turn gives us 1 on 1 coverage with our WR's and we can win games like that

how's that orton from the pocket working out for us so far?

Tned
10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Sat was the first time I had seen Luck. Man the kid is amazing, my jaw just kept dropping. Of course I would love for Tebow to work out and use the picks for other positions. If I could have Luck there is no way I would turn that down.

Yea. I watched part of Saturday's game, and it was also the first time I had seen him. He looked pretty darn good.

I can't remember exactly what Elway said about him, before he was hired by the Broncos, but it was something about he's the once in a couple decade player you don't pass on, no matter who you have at QB or something like that. I'm sure that quote is floating around somewhere.

Tned
10-10-2011, 03:25 PM
luck. . . i'm LMFAO that it's even close. . . .

Yea, I figured it would be 80/90% or so for Luck, not close to 50/50.

Northman
10-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Im shocked at the results so far but at the same time thats a pretty good positive for Tebow. Just means people believe he can get it done. For the Broncos sake i hope so as it would be one less thing to worry about.

shank
If tebow us our qb, it elk have meant he showed enough this season that we felt comfortable going a further direction and addressing other needs. That sounds much better to me than losing all season and being in position for luck, or moving into that position and giving up the rest of our draft to do so.

Npba900
Yea, I figured it would be 80/90% or so for Luck, not close to 50/50.

Give this time. There's still 12 weeks left in the season!!!!:laugh:

Tned
10-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Give this time. There's still 12 weeks left in the season!!!!:laugh:

Since we have the worst record in the NFL over the last 31 games (since the 6-0 start to the McDaniels/Orton failure), it might just be that with 11 weeks of Tebow getting a chance to play, that the poll might go in the other direction by the end of that time.

Npba900
10-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Yea. I watched part of Saturday's game, and it was also the first time I had seen him. He looked pretty darn good.

I can't remember exactly what Elway said about him, before he was hired by the Broncos, but it was something about he's the once in a couple decade player you don't pass on, no matter who you have at QB or something like that. I'm sure that quote is floating around somewhere.

Agreed. Didn't Elway say the same comments in so many words about Jay Cutler as far as not trading a Franchise QB without a clear choice to replace him.

Elway seems hell bent on getting a Franchise QB to turn around the misfortunes of this once storied winning Franchise.

Tned
10-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Agreed. Didn't Elway say the same comments in so many words about Jay Cutler as far as not trading a Franchise QB without a clear choice to replace him.

Elway seems hell bent on getting a Franchise QB to turn around the misfortunes of this once storied winning Franchise.

I think he was more definitive in saying something like you never trade a QB like Jay Cutler.

DenBronx
10-10-2011, 04:19 PM
I love Tim Tebow

but Andrew Luck all the way.

Opinions could change the more the season goes on though. Lets see what Tebow can do the rest of the year.

Grover
10-10-2011, 04:41 PM
I voted for Tebow because I don't want the team to give up what it would take to draft Luck. I don't think we'll have the #1 pick, and I don't want to mortgage the future to get Luck at all costs. So I want to play Tebow and draft DL and CB and OL and RB.

sneakers
10-10-2011, 04:49 PM
Omg 50-50! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

No option for brady quinn??

Slick
10-10-2011, 05:16 PM
I can't vote because I've never seen Luck throw a pass. I don't get college football down here. I miss it.

I'm damn grateful I get the Sunday ticket at least.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Buff
10-10-2011, 05:33 PM
If tebow us our qb, it elk have meant he showed enough this season that we felt comfortable going a further direction and addressing other needs. That sounds much better to me than losing all season and being in position for luck, or moving into that position and giving up the rest of our draft to do so.

Yeah, but that's not how the question was posed. Who would you want leading your team right now, today, based on ability?

I think you've gotta take Luck... But I agree with your take - I'd prefer it if Tebow pans out so that we can address other needs and not be set back another 2 years.

G_Money
10-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Tebow vs. Luck I'd have to go Luck, just based on probabilities and the easier nature of designing an offense and team for Luck that can win championships.

But it's a first round pick, and a high one, that we'd be using on Luck.

If it's Tebow + All-Pro OT to protect his blindside and wreak havoc in the run game, or Luck...

Now we're getting closer. The ability to add another fabulous line talent does mean something.

I mean, do you want Aaron Rogers, or Joe Flacco + Johnathan Ogden?

If Flacco doesn't work out you can always try another QB who will be well protected in the pocket by Ogden...

That's more of a conversation, because otherwise just based on current QB ability Luck should be better than Tim and immediately able to take advantage.

We don't just have QB questions, though.

~G

Rex
10-10-2011, 07:18 PM
Still wondering if this is serious?

Agent of Orange
10-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Ok, this is a poll question that Nate Kreckman (@Natekreckman) on the 102.3 homepage (www.denverssportsstation.com).

Based on what you saw this weekend, would you rather have Tebow or Luck playing QB for the Broncos in 2012?

It's an interesting question. So, it isn't so much do you think we have a shot at Luck, but if you could choose, who would you rather have playing QB in 2012?

I think Luck is a better prospect than Tebow (and I could be wrong) but I'm not so sure I want to go 1-15 to get Luck. I kind of want to see what Tebow can do at the moment.

Dreadnought
10-10-2011, 08:22 PM
Tebow vs. Luck I'd have to go Luck, just based on probabilities and the easier nature of designing an offense and team for Luck that can win championships.

But it's a first round pick, and a high one, that we'd be using on Luck.

If it's Tebow + All-Pro OT to protect his blindside and wreak havoc in the run game, or Luck...

Now we're getting closer. The ability to add another fabulous line talent does mean something.

I mean, do you want Aaron Rogers, or Joe Flacco + Johnathan Ogden?

If Flacco doesn't work out you can always try another QB who will be well protected in the pocket by Ogden...

That's more of a conversation, because otherwise just based on current QB ability Luck should be better than Tim and immediately able to take advantage.

We don't just have QB questions, though.

~G

The 30 yard pass to Fells sums up the upside of Tebow nicely. He bought time with his feet, coped with chaos and pressure, allowed his man to come free (nice job by Fells there) saw him come open, and made the throw accurately. These things cannot happen with Kyle Orton.

I'm old enough to have watched Elway repeatedly suck badly for 58 minutes of a game only to pull victories squarely out of his anus in the final two minutes. If we are honest with ourselves he was pretty bad in SB XXXII - except for making a few inspirational plays when needed. He was bad for my bloodpressure but a great QB nonetheless. We may have that in Tebow.

Brady and Manning are the consummate professional QB's in this era (Brees, Rivers, and Rodgers are close) and they play a precise surgical game. Its brutal to be on the receiving end of it, as we all know. Tebow may not be able to ever do that. He just might be another Roethlisberger though, and I'd sure enough be happy with that. I would also note that Brady and Manning can be stopped or disrupted with a good enough pass rush to throw them off their game (it had better be damned good, too.) A Roethlisberger or Elway has a better chance of making you pay, because they keep things alive by being so hard to sack or rattle. That would be the potential upside of Tebow.

Canmore
10-11-2011, 02:10 AM

Brutal question. I've been waiting for Tebow since the end of last season. This poll would be a lot more valid after week 17. Still, right now, I'd take the flyer on Andrew Luck. If he really turns out to be the next Elway or Manning and we passed on him...??? Tebow has a ton of questions, and the answers he has provided have all been positive, but I still would go with Luck.

horsepig
10-11-2011, 05:03 AM
Of course I would go with Luck. :doh:

However, if Fox turns out to be smart enough to let Tebow have the reins we will win our way out of the Luck lottery.

I think Tebow will be our guy for a long time, just my gut feeling.