PDA

View Full Version : Jags and Bullgator will love this...

Northman
10-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Apparently, according to the Mane Skip Bayless eluded too the idea that Lloyd dropped the 2-pt conversion on purpose. :lol:

MOtorboat
10-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Oh my word.

:tsk:

BigDaddyBronco
10-10-2011, 11:09 AM
Going off the rails in my crazy train........

jhildebrand
10-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Why would he do that? :confused:

Watch that play again. Cason doesn't make a play on the ball or turn for it. If Lloyd had initiated some contact, it would have resulted in a PI call.

vandammage13
10-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Haha...he didn't drop the ball, it was a good defensive play. I'm not gonna fault Lloyd for that play, but I will fault him for looking generally average throughout the rest of the game.

Also didn't like Lloyd's attitude he was displaying yesterday either. He looked out of it and disinterested.

He's supposed to be our #1 WR but he's not playing or acting like it.

silkamilkamonico
10-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Lloyd is our #1 WR because the rest of our WR's are so bad. Royal should be cut or traded, and it isn't time yet for Decker as he didn't have a particularly great game yesterday either with some bad drops.

To think we have gone from one of the deepest WR units to one of the worst because of change of scheme is just sad.

vandammage13
10-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Lloyd is our #1 WR because the rest of our WR's are so bad. Royal should be cut or traded, and it isn't time yet for Decker as he didn't have a particularly great game yesterday either with some bad drops.

To think we have gone from one of the deepest WR units to one of the worst because of change of scheme is just sad.

Hopefully DT can come back and make an impact during the 2nd half of the season.

I'm not counting on it, but it would be a nice addition.

Kind of like finding a $100 bill on the ground...the chances of it happening are slim, but if it happened it would be a nice compliment to my billfold that I didn't count on having.

Jagsbch
10-10-2011, 11:55 AM
I think the play call should have utilized Tebows running ability and given him the option to throw it if the defenders came up to stop him from running it in, using a misdirection run play from the start to throw off the safeties of course.

lgenf
10-10-2011, 12:00 PM
Lloyd didn't make the catch - that is what happened

he didn't drop the ball, he did get both hands on it, and the defender made a great play to disrupt the catch

it may be different going forward though

let's not forget that T2 is a lefty and there are not many of those in the NFL - that means the ball spins opposite what everyone else throws and that also means that the ball floats to a different spot that one with a right hand spiral

Lloyd looked like he actually turned around for that ball, instead of it being a back shoulder throw, and I am betting it is because the ball spins lefty and floats out on the left side of the field (the exact same way it would on the right side of the field for a right handed QB)

it was a great play on D - and it won them the game

Northman
10-10-2011, 12:01 PM
I think the play call should have utilized Tebows running ability and given him the option to throw it if the defenders came up to stop him from running it in, using a misdirection run play from the start to throw off the safeties of course.

I thought for sure they were going to use his "jump pass" play. I kept expecting it and thought it would be thrown to a TE.

MOtorboat
10-10-2011, 12:04 PM
I just got home for lunch.

Skip Bayless is an idiot.