PDA

View Full Version : What's the talk on the Denver sports stations now?

scott.475
10-09-2011, 10:25 PM
For those of us not living in the market, can some folks let us know what the talk is now? What the commentators and callers are saying? Any inside info that they are receiving?

Nomad
10-09-2011, 10:36 PM
you'll have to wait till tomorrow, just google the radio stations

you could listen to the streams from 102.3 The Ticket or 104.3 The Fan

BroncoJoe
10-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Not much as of yet. 104.3 the fan did Sun. Night football, 102.3 the ticket is on motor sports and 93.7 is national.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoJoe
10-09-2011, 10:39 PM
P.S. You can listen to thE first two Online

Tned
10-09-2011, 10:47 PM
102.3 The Ticket (Broncos all day tomorrow) http://www.denverssportsstation.com/
104.3 The FAN (ESPN crap until mid afternoon) http://www.1043thefan.com/home.aspx
KOA Radio http://www.850koa.com/main.html
Mile High Sports (as their name implies, talk sports all day) http://www.milehighsports.com/

All of these are available on Iphone/Android. For KOA, you can get them on Iheart radio app. The other three are on Tunein app. Mile High sports you can find by searching Denver 1510. The other two by the frequency and station name I listed above.

scott.475
10-09-2011, 10:55 PM
Thanks everyone, but I don't have a smartphone and I work in the field all but a few days a month, so listening online probably won't be an option for me tomorrow.

If anyone hears anything insightful, inside info, etc, I'd appreciate if you could take a moment a post here.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-09-2011, 10:56 PM
The post game interviews are now up on denverbroncos.com. Fox was asked about pulling Orton and he said, "it's a performance based business and he wasn't getting it done so we decided to make the switch just before the half". When asked if Tebow was the starter now, he said that he and the coaching staff were going to use the bye week to evaluate and that they really hadn't made any decisions. He praised Tebow for providing a spark to the offense.

Northman
10-09-2011, 11:03 PM
That means he will probably start Orton again.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-09-2011, 11:07 PM
That means he will probably start Orton again.

I don't know. He made it seem like (his attitude vice actually saying it) he was disgusted with Orton's play in the first half. Hopefully, Fox, McCoy, and Elway have a nice long chat and decide to go with the guy who plays with heart. If nothing else, it fires up the fans and sells tickets!

Agent of Orange
10-09-2011, 11:07 PM
For those of us not living in the market, can some folks let us know what the talk is now? What the commentators and callers are saying? Any inside info that they are receiving?

I don't know if this answers your question but when I was listening, I heard some old man call in to spend 3 minutes talking about his love of raisins.

BroncoStud
10-09-2011, 11:21 PM
You can't go back now. Orton looked so defeated today that you can't possibly put him back in... The pressure crushed him and you could see it today more than ever. He looked like did not want to be out there.

AlWilsonizKING
10-09-2011, 11:25 PM
I would guess to say that the talk is all the same as it has been....Orton/Tebow.:D

PEACE!!!

MeanDean
10-09-2011, 11:31 PM
I don't really listen to the Ticket, just 93.7 (mile high) or 104.3 (fan) but it will be interesting to see what they say tomorrow. As a guy who listens for a good portion of the day, I'm really interested to see what some of the extremist have to say. Specifically Sandy and Spano. They are by far the most opposite of opinions. Unfortunately, we will have to wait for night time for both.

BroncoJoe
10-10-2011, 12:16 AM
The ticket is good in the late morning and early afternoon. Check them out instead of Rome.

Tned
10-10-2011, 12:23 AM
The ticket is good in the late morning and early afternoon. Check them out instead of Rome.

I'm a Vic and Gary guy, as I've mentioned. Whenever I can, I listen to them from 8-10 am Central. I've listened to Nate Kreckman here and there. I like him, but he's been so anti-Tebow, and a fan-basher that I've found him irritating at times. CJ and Klatt are the other ones I've listened to. They aren't bad, and I've mostly enjoyed listening to them.

sneakers
10-10-2011, 12:27 AM
I think that Orton is done. I think Fox made some vague statements about evaluating and not seeing the game tape yet to save face for Orton.

Clipworthy
10-10-2011, 12:27 AM
Skip Bayless ftw!

Clipworthy
10-10-2011, 12:30 AM
I think that Orton is done. I think Fox made some vague statements about evaluating and not seeing the game tape yet to save face for Orton.

Fox kept it vague so teams don't know who to prepare for in 2 weeks. It's an advantage to have them split preparations for both Orton and Tebow.

It was really strange watching Orton stand up and support the offense from the sideline.... only Kyle could make that look awkward. :confused:

camdisco24
10-10-2011, 12:36 AM
Skip Bayless ftw!

He's gonna be fired up about all this tomorrow!

Clipworthy
10-10-2011, 12:41 AM
He's gonna be fired up about all this tomorrow!

Skip should have his own show. Only guy on ESPN that knows WTF he's talking about.

Tned
10-10-2011, 12:42 AM
Fox kept it vague so teams don't know who to prepare for in 2 weeks. It's an advantage to have them split preparations for both Orton and Tebow.

It was really strange watching Orton stand up and support the offense from the sideline.... only Kyle could make that look awkward. :confused:

Yea, I also think it's as much of Fox's "competitive advantage" stuff as anything.

If Tebow had had 5 or 6 three and outs, I thought there would be a reasonable chance he could go back to Orton.

However, since even with some of the early three and outs, he was showing signs of being a playmaker. He was clearly getting the team fired up, and then came through with two TDs (granted, one with the help of a defensive TO) and then made a couple big plays to have a chance to win the game, I can't see the Broncos turning back now.

camdisco24
10-10-2011, 12:44 AM
Skip should have his own show. Only guy on ESPN that knows WTF he's talking about.

People hate on him all the time, but he really is entertaining and I tend to take his side pretty often. I'd watch a "Skip Bayless Show" any day.

I also enjoy it when he fills in for Colin on sportsnation.

BroncoBJ
10-10-2011, 12:58 AM
I like how whenever someone says good things about Tebow and doesn't bash him, then that person all of a sudden is a great reporter/commentator and knows what they are talking about? :lol:

Tned
10-10-2011, 01:07 AM
I like how whenever someone says good things about Tebow and doesn't bash him, then that person all of a sudden is a great reporter/commentator and knows what they are talking about? :lol:

Well, that's not my basis. The two shows I find most enjoyable right now are Vic and Gary in the morning and Brandon Spano in the evening. Both of them mix in sports talk and humor, which I like. Both of them are very fan call in friendly, but also interact with fans via Twitter or in Vic and Gary's case, their chat room during the show, which I like.

Vic and Gary have the added bonus of having a lot of guests, including Elway every Monday, Sharpe every Tuesday (I think), Eddie Mac one day, and then guys like Klis, Legwold and other scattered throughout the week.

My issue with Kreckman, Joel Klatt, Alfred Williams and some of the others, isn't their anti-Tebow stance on it's own. It's the fact that any time a caller calls up and is critical of Orton or says that Tebow should be given a chance, they make some variation of a tebow-lover or doesn't know football comment.

BroncoBJ
10-10-2011, 01:13 AM
Well, that's not my basis. The two shows I find most enjoyable right now are Vic and Gary in the morning and Brandon Spano in the evening. Both of them mix in sports talk and humor, which I like. Both of them are very fan call in friendly, but also interact with fans via Twitter or in Vic and Gary's case, their chat room during the show, which I like.

Vic and Gary have the added bonus of having a lot of guests, including Elway every Monday, Sharpe every Tuesday (I think), Eddie Mac one day, and then guys like Klis, Legwold and other scattered throughout the week.

My issue with Kreckman, Joel Klatt, Alfred Williams and some of the others, isn't their anti-Tebow stance on it's own. It's the fact that any time a caller calls up and is critical of Orton or says that Tebow should be given a chance, they make some variation of a tebow-lover or doesn't know football comment.

Yea, I love listening to Vic and Gary. I think 1 of my favorite thing about going to Denver and going to games is listening to Denver Sports talk as you're getting close to Denver and then listening to it while you're leaving. Just gets me fired up.

I like listening to Dmac though. Always pretty entertaining to me.

But yea, I also hate when someone wants Tebow to start, they are a " Tebow lover" and when people don't want him they are a " Tebow Hater"

Just that its funny when people say someone is an idiot and shouldn't be a sports analyst because they think he sucks. And when people Praise Tebow then they should have thier own show. :confused:

I actually love people hating on Tebow and bashing him though. Makes me want to win with him even more. Nothing better then proving people wrong. :elefant:

camdisco24
10-10-2011, 08:05 AM
Yea, I love listening to Vic and Gary. I think 1 of my favorite thing about going to Denver and going to games is listening to Denver Sports talk as you're getting close to Denver and then listening to it while you're leaving. Just gets me fired up.

I like listening to Dmac though. Always pretty entertaining to me.

But yea, I also hate when someone wants Tebow to start, they are a " Tebow lover" and when people don't want him they are a " Tebow Hater"

Just that its funny when people say someone is an idiot and shouldn't be a sports analyst because they think he sucks. And when people Praise Tebow then they should have thier own show. :confused:

I actually love people hating on Tebow and bashing him though. Makes me want to win with him even more. Nothing better then proving people wrong. :elefant:

I'm sure you are directing this at the convo between me and clipworthy. For the record, I have thought Skip Bayless should have his own show for quite some time. Way before we drafted Tebow.

So in a sense... you're kind of doing the same thing in assuming we want Skip to have more air time just because he likes Tebow... interesting.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-10-2011, 08:14 AM
Opinion based radio shows are entertaining, but very few should actually allow calls from fans. Nothing pisses me off more than if a fan calls in with an opinion (even if he has a valid point) and the radio jock just talks over him and cuts him off if his opinion is different. Then he makes fun of the caller after not giving the guy the chance to finish a statement.

That's why I like most of the Sirius NFL Radio shows better because they rarely do that. Adam Schein is one of the only guys on Sirius that will just flat talk over a guy. Most of the time, they'll let the fan make his case then rebut. Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan's show "Moving the Chains" in the best one. Both guys are extremely knowledgeable, they let fans finish, even the ridiculous ones, and calmly just ask fans questions to stimulate a counterpoint argument, whether they agree or not.

JaxBroncoGirl
10-10-2011, 08:26 AM
Well I thought the announcers where interesting, during the end of the game, I believe it was the hail mary, Tebow was scrambling and the announcers said, "the defensive guys are worn out trying to get to Tebow", as I was watching Tebow it was very entertaining seeing him dodge and flick a few defenders off like they were fleas, like Tebow refused to go down.

vandammage13
10-10-2011, 09:24 AM
I'm listening right now and I thought it was interesting what Elway said about Tebow taking hits running around.

To sum it up, Elway said he thinks it is overblown, because he felt safer outside the pocket running around than he did inside the pocket during his playing days.

He said as long as you are smart and minimize the hits outside it is safer because you can see the hits coming and can protect yourself better.

Jagsbch
10-10-2011, 09:45 AM
Can't wait to hear Jim Romes take.

spikerman
10-10-2011, 09:47 AM

Wait - he's still on the air? :confused:

Dzone
10-10-2011, 10:07 AM
Gannons assessment of Tebow on 102.3 this morning was mostly negative

Dzone
10-10-2011, 10:09 AM

I used to like Rome.
Now his show is full of noise and childish behavior, I have stopped listening as much.
"Kyle Orton-All that guy does is win"~Jim Rome

Nomad
10-10-2011, 10:13 AM
I used to like Rome.
Now his show is full of noise and childish behavior, I have stopped listening as much.
"Kyle Orton-All that guy does is win"~Jim Rome

Have a take and don't suck! mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!:D

Tned
10-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Opinion based radio shows are entertaining, but very few should actually allow calls from fans. Nothing pisses me off more than if a fan calls in with an opinion (even if he has a valid point) and the radio jock just talks over him and cuts him off if his opinion is different. Then he makes fun of the caller after not giving the guy the chance to finish a statement.

That's why I like most of the Sirius NFL Radio shows better because they rarely do that. Adam Schein is one of the only guys on Sirius that will just flat talk over a guy. Most of the time, they'll let the fan make his case then rebut. Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan's show "Moving the Chains" in the best one. Both guys are extremely knowledgeable, they let fans finish, even the ridiculous ones, and calmly just ask fans questions to stimulate a counterpoint argument, whether they agree or not.

Agreed, Tim and PK are one of my favorite shows. In season, I've moved more to the local Denver shows, because nobody is spending much time talking about the Broncos, but I love Moving the Chains and most of the Sirius NFL shows for that matter.

I'm listening right now and I thought it was interesting what Elway said about Tebow taking hits running around.

To sum it up, Elway said he thinks it is overblown, because he felt safer outside the pocket running around than he did inside the pocket during his playing days.

He said as long as you are smart and minimize the hits outside it is safer because you can see the hits coming and can protect yourself better.

He also seemed to not care too much about running a lot of shotgun. Said it limits the playaction, because you can only run/play fake to one side (whichever side the RB is lined up next to the QB), which is about the only real negative to shotgun. Then he said, almost to himself, "unless you have a QB that can run."

BroncoJoe
10-10-2011, 10:31 AM
I'm a Vic and Gary guy, as I've mentioned. Whenever I can, I listen to them from 8-10 am Central. I've listened to Nate Kreckman here and there. I like him, but he's been so anti-Tebow, and a fan-basher that I've found him irritating at times. CJ and Klatt are the other ones I've listened to. They aren't bad, and I've mostly enjoyed listening to them.

Ditto. Nate can get annoying, but he's better than what's on 104.3. I haven't spent much time on 93.7 - going to check them out.

CJ and Klatt irritate me sometimes. I'm usually listening to the fan at 1:00pm.

Tned
10-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Ditto. Nate can get annoying, but he's better than what's on 104.3. I haven't spent much time on 93.7 - going to check them out.

CJ and Klatt irritate me sometimes. I'm usually listening to the fan at 1:00pm.

I've started to tune into 93.7 (AM 1510 - Milehighsports.com online) more during the day, when I've had a chance to listen. I started listening to the station with Brandon Spano in the evening, but have now been listening to some of their other shows. Mostly pretty good. Seem more balanced, not pitching their tents pro-Orton or pro-Tebow, which I like.