PDA

View Full Version : Dont Pop the Champagne Just Yet...........

WARHORSE
10-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Im REALLY glad that Tebow went into the game today, and totally believe that he will be the starter after the bye week.

His ability to extend plays, along with his playmaking brings excitement to the offense.

Not to mention more scoring.

The right move at this point in the season is to start Tebow and try and work to improve his gameday play. Id say within five games, Tebow will either start to look better or start to look worse, since teams will begin gameplanning this offense with him under center.

I give him seven games to do some real convincing of the F.O. that hes the guy moving into the future taking the snaps.

If he continues to look the same, or digress, then you put Quinn under center and give him a shot.

In that scenario, the three of them are playing for backup duties in Denver for the most part. Doesnt mean Tebow will be written off entirely, but it will be 85% in the bank.

Tebow is still valuable to me, no matter what as a redzone scoring threat...PERIOD.

However, while I understand Tebow is a work in progress, there are some plays that have stuck out in my mind that REALLY bother me and make me question whether he will be able to be the man here.

Today, his holding on to the ball on the last play.......did he not understand the situation?

The play against the Raiders where he ran for a 40 yd touchdown. How do you foul up a basic running play? He made a play, yes. But he was lost.

The play where he ran past the LOS and still tried to pass......Hmmmm.

Head scratcher.

He needs real work..........thats fine. But these plays scream for me to question his ability to process information on the run or in pressure situations.

Its not written in ink yet, but I wanna see more game reps so we can see if we can get the game to slow down for him some more.

At this point, I think hes just reacting to what he sees.

This guys can make plays. But at this point, theres a lot to be determined.

Lets be happy though, that hes finally going to get his chance.

If they start Orton after the bye........FIRE Fox.:salute:

getlynched47
10-09-2011, 08:24 PM
In an interview after the game, he said that Mike McCoy told him to buy as much time as possible in that last hail-mary play of the game.

Northman
10-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Obviously.

scott.475
10-09-2011, 08:38 PM
My gosh North, how am I supposed to focus on your posts with that avatar? Wow.

BroncoStud
10-09-2011, 09:18 PM
My gosh North, how am I supposed to focus on your posts with that avatar? Wow.

Yeah, I don't know where North found that pic of my mistress.

camdisco24
10-10-2011, 12:32 AM
WAR, i agree with a lot of what you bring up, but IMO, I don't think Tebow will ever be a poised QB. His game isn't pretty, but it seems to work. If he can keep the chains moving, I don't care how he does it.

I think we might have to throw the textbook out with this kid. It's a wait and see at this point, as you said.

Magnificent Seven
10-10-2011, 12:49 AM
Tebow looked good today. I feel more confident in him. I always get more bad feelings about Orton. Personally, I was electrified by Tebow's performance. Love it! He reminded me of John Elway/Steve Young.

I would be damned if Coach Fox starts Orton for Miami game.

weazel
10-10-2011, 02:32 AM
tebow looked good today. I feel more confident in him. I always get more bad feelings about orton. Personally, i was electrified by tebow's performance. Love it! he reminded me of john elway/steve young.

i would be damned if coach fox starts orton for miami game.

wtf?

Sinthor
10-10-2011, 03:04 AM
What was he supposed to do in that last play of the game...throw it out of bound? Time had expired, that was the last play period. He kept things alive to try and get a clear kill shot to the end zone. Everyone was covered, so he kept things alive and finally took his shot when he was running out of time. I'm not sure what someone would have wanted him to do otherwise, especially given that the guys were covered...

Shazam!
10-10-2011, 08:19 AM
It's the best thing for Denver at this point.

Finally see what you have in T2, and if you dont see actual improvement and think the kid has a future, Draft a QB in 2012.

The team clearly was going nowhere with Orton.

NO WAY will Fox start a QB musical chairs. T2 is the QB now unless he is hurt, like it or not.

I think T2 is the franchise QB we've needed.

If he isnt, at least he can be identitfied as not being the guy.

This CLEARLY is the best thing for the Broncos future.

jlarsiii
10-10-2011, 10:52 AM
Im REALLY glad that Tebow went into the game today, and totally believe that he will be the starter after the bye week.
His ability to extend plays, along with his playmaking brings excitement to the offense.
Not to mention more scoring.
The right move at this point in the season is to start Tebow and try and work to improve his gameday play. Id say within five games, Tebow will either start to look better or start to look worse, since teams will begin gameplanning this offense with him under center.
I give him seven games to do some real convincing of the F.O. that hes the guy moving into the future taking the snaps.
If he continues to look the same, or digress, then you put Quinn under center and give him a shot.
In that scenario, the three of them are playing for backup duties in Denver for the most part. Doesnt mean Tebow will be written off entirely, but it will be 85% in the bank.
Tebow is still valuable to me, no matter what as a redzone scoring threat...PERIOD.
However, while I understand Tebow is a work in progress, there are some plays that have stuck out in my mind that REALLY bother me and make me question whether he will be able to be the man here.
Today, his holding on to the ball on the last play.......did he not understand the situation?
The play against the Raiders where he ran for a 40 yd touchdown. How do you foul up a basic running play? He made a play, yes. But he was lost.
The play where he ran past the LOS and still tried to pass......Hmmmm.
Head scratcher.
He needs real work..........thats fine. But these plays scream for me to question his ability to process information on the run or in pressure situations.
Its not written in ink yet, but I wanna see more game reps so we can see if we can get the game to slow down for him some more.
At this point, I think hes just reacting to what he sees.
This guys can make plays. But at this point, theres a lot to be determined.
Lets be happy though, that hes finally going to get his chance.
If they start Orton after the bye........FIRE Fox.:salute:

Agreed. His first couple of series to start the half were kind of scary. He had 3 snaps from center that he almost couldn't handle. His first 3 passes were at the player's feet with no hope of making the catch. So he definitely has a "few" issues to work out and get better at.

He did make some plays though and the team seemed much more energetic with him in there. Just wish the defense had played like that in first half to begin with.

Should be interesting to watch him go for the rest of the season...

rationalfan
10-10-2011, 10:59 AM
agreed. it's hard to deny tebow provided a spark and seemed to rally his teammates for the comeback. and, yes, he made the game SO much more exciting.

but he wasn't without fault; at least three passes that HAVE to be completed were off the mark that would have resulted in first downs or, with decker, a touchdown. the broncos can't have that if the team wants to win.

for the record, i hope tebow becomes a star (on the field) and leads the broncos to many victories. but, in the short term, i also hope he's criticized the same way any broncos QB would be criticized. he doesn't get a pass simply because he's tebow.

Northman
10-10-2011, 11:25 AM
It's the best thing for Denver at this point.

Finally see what you have in T2, and if you dont see actual improvement and think the kid has a future, Draft a QB in 2012.

The team clearly was going nowhere with Orton.

NO WAY will Fox start a QB musical chairs. T2 is the QB now unless he is hurt, like it or not.

I think T2 is the franchise QB we've needed.

If he isnt, at least he can be identitfied as not being the guy.

This CLEARLY is the best thing for the Broncos future.

^This

Northman
10-10-2011, 11:30 AM
but, in the short term, i also hope he's criticized the same way any broncos QB would be criticized. he doesn't get a pass simply because he's tebow.

Not sure where you've been but the kid has been criticized A LOT. More than he should for a guy who has only played 4 games. I dont think anyone aside from a couple of bozo's on this forum have given him a free pass. At the same token despite what he did yesterday we still have guys/gals wanting to bash the kid for simply being raw. There's no objectivity in that.

NightTerror218
10-10-2011, 11:36 AM
The game was completely crappy and boring except for the Cassius pick and then the 4th quarter. We actually had a chance to win this game....believe it or not.

Dirk
10-10-2011, 11:39 AM
Guys, he started 3 games last year and came in cold after the half. Geez....the way people talk you think he shouldn't have a stumble from time to time.

Northman
10-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Guys, he started 3 games last year and came in cold after the half. Geez....the way people talk you think he shouldn't have a stumble from time to time.

It is kind of amazing that with all the excuses Orton gets the same never applies to Tebow. Hmmmmmm, :lol:

girler
10-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Sorry I popped the champagne before the game...

Dirk
10-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Sorry I popped the champagne before the game...

:shocked:

rationalfan
10-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Not sure where you've been but the kid has been criticized A LOT. More than he should for a guy who has only played 4 games. I dont think anyone aside from a couple of bozo's on this forum have given him a free pass. At the same token despite what he did yesterday we still have guys/gals wanting to bash the kid for simply being raw. There's no objectivity in that.

you're right. he has been criticized a lot. but in the fervor of being so excited that 1. Tebow is playing or 2. Orton is benched, i just hope people are fair about their assessments of Tebow. that's all.