PDA

View Full Version : Thank you John Fox!!!!!

BigDaddyBronco
10-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Thank you John Fox for keeping the season from being boring. We probably will still not win more than 3 or 4 more games, but at least it will be entertaining.

Sincerely yours,

Big Daddy

P.S. Don't let doubt creep into your mind and make you change your decision. Stay the course.

Northman
10-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Yes John, stay the course.

Dreadnought
10-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Thank you John Fox for keeping the season from being boring. We probably will still not win more than 3 or 4 more games, but at least it will be entertaining.

Sincerely yours,

Big Daddy

P.S. Don't let doubt creep into your mind and make you change your decision. Stay the course.

I think we win 5 or 6. We have been competitive most of the time against quality opponents and despite having a a slug at QB. Apart from that I totally agree.

I also feel relieved to see Fox isn't stubborn. I like Fox, but stubborness is a terrible character flaw - one that would mean we are back on the coaching carousel in a couple of years. I desperately want this to work, and to someday see Fox and Tebow linked in people's minds the way Shanahan and Elway are.

underrated29
10-09-2011, 07:21 PM
If tebow starts we win more than that.

The bolts are good. They have lost 1 game. And we almost had them. Tebow keeps em close. With our better defense and timmy we can put up a fair few Ws.

Agent of Orange
10-09-2011, 07:29 PM
I think we win 5 or 6. We have been competitive most of the time against quality opponents and despite having a a slug at QB. Apart from that I totally agree.

I also feel relieved to see Fox isn't stubborn. I like Fox, but stubborness is a terrible character flaw - one that would mean we are back on the coaching carousel in a couple of years. I desperately want this to work, and to someday see Fox and Tebow linked in people's minds the way Shanahan and Elway are.

I agree with this. Fox's postgame comments have laid the groundwork for making the change at QB.

But I think instead of purely looking forward to the Dolphins game, we should look back at the whole co-No 2 issue. Many assumed Quinn was the real #2 and that Fox was just appeasing the fanbase. A lot of people also thought Fox was just doing this to show everyone who was boss. But when it came to today's game, he didnt resort to an act of defiance to show he's the one making decisions and put Quinn in. He went with Tebow and saw what many of us saw last year.

Hopefully this Orton thing is behind us. I think at this point, even Orton wants Tebow to start. He seemed to be clearly affected by the fans reaction to him and he wasnt even that good to begin with. With Tebow, Denver gets its homefield advantage back.

It wasn't pretty and there will be times that it's not pretty going forward but I'm more worried about results.

BigDaddyBronco
10-09-2011, 07:34 PM

I still don't think our defense is good enought to keep many teams below 20 pts. Our schedule is also brutal. Combine these two things and the inevitable injuries, and I see us somewhere between 4-12 and 6-10.

Clipworthy
10-09-2011, 07:36 PM
The defense played well

(Once Tebow started firing everyone up)

Dreadnought
10-09-2011, 07:42 PM
I still don't think our defense is good enought to keep many teams below 20 pts. Our schedule is also brutal. Combine these two things and the inevitable injuries, and I see us somewhere between 4-12 and 6-10.

Its a better defense than the 2010 mess, BDB. There is something of a run Defense, and, even more, we sometimes force mistakes. Wink's defense never did that. It was more of a "bend until you eventually break" philosophy

DenBronx
10-09-2011, 07:43 PM
I saw part of the press conferance and Fox seemed like he was ready to stick with Tim.

And yes, THANK YOU JOHN FOX!!! I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!! :D

broncofaninfla
10-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Tebow just has "it". The team played better with him under center. Scrap the current play book and tailor our scheme around him. Damn it felt good to be excited about this team again!!

Jagsbch
10-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Thanks for having us 1-4 rather than 4-1 or even 5-0 :salute:

Davii
10-09-2011, 08:05 PM

Seriously man, you got your dream come true... Is it really necessary?

It's Tebow time, we all wanted it, now we got it. Be happy, hopeful he can improve where he needs to, and win some games. No reason to look back at this point.

Az Snake
10-09-2011, 08:16 PM
If they sprinkle in some roll-outs and bootlegs I think it will scare the crap out of opposing Ds.

Thanks Fox, I know it must have been hard for you.
Way to man up !

G_Money
10-09-2011, 09:25 PM
If they sprinkle in some roll-outs and bootlegs I think it will scare the crap out of opposing Ds.

This. We NEED to move the pocket, or put him on boots. I haven only the most minimal confidence in McCoy's ability to be creative, but at least he started figuring out things after the first couple of drives and stopped calling Orton plays for Tebow.

With a couple weeks to get it right, I'm hoping to see more from McCoy than we saw the last few weeks of last year.

~G

BroncoStud
10-09-2011, 09:25 PM

If the Broncos were 4-1 or 5-0 then Tebow wouldn't sniff any playing time. Be thankful that Orton collapsed under the pressure and the Broncos stink, it's the only way change was going to take place.

jhildebrand
10-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Thank you John Fox (and anybody else who required the change-Bowlen may have taken note of the exodous at the stands at half!)

Mr. Fox, please pay for JD Walton and TT to have a nice BYE week somewhere together to work on the center exchange!

I was looking forward to the bye because each of our Orton games have left me INDIFFERENT to everything Broncos. TODAY's GAME WAS AWESOME! Now I don't want the bye :tsk:

Lancane
10-09-2011, 09:36 PM

Thanks Fox, I know it must have been hard for you.
Way to man up !

We're talking about Mike McCoy, not Mike Shanahan, Mike Holmgren, Mike Martz, Mike Sullivan, Mike McCarthy, Mike Mularkey or Mike Shula...you know, one of the other Mikes we'd rather have and actually have an F'n clue!
;)

G_Money
10-09-2011, 10:04 PM
I'd say it's my biggest fear, but I think McCoy is on HIS proving ground as well. It's not like his offense has been even moderately watchable, let alone productive. Both Xanders and McCoy had a lot to prove as holdovers from the former regime. Xanders didn't fail his first test (the draft) so he'll get another. McCoy is looking miserable.

If he can get creative and help Tim be productive, then he'll get another year. If his play calling stays miserable, then we may be looking for a new OC as well as a new QB next year.

That ain't the worst option available to us.

~G

Buff
10-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Maybe Fox is smarter than I've given him credit for. In retrospect, this is the best transition Tebow could have hoped for. If Fox starts TT from Day 1 and we're 1-4 at the bye week, then we've really got a dilemma on our hands - do you go back to the veteran making $9 million or let the kid play through the pain - plus you've got a 2nd yr QB with shaken confidence, etc.

Now there can be no doubt. Orton has played himself out of a job. TT brings enough of a threat to the game that he gets the rest of the season to audition without looking over his shoulder or the burden of having to win right now.

jhildebrand
10-09-2011, 10:29 PM
Maybe Fox is smarter than I've given him credit for. In retrospect, this is the best transition Tebow could have hoped for. If Fox starts TT from Day 1 and we're 1-4 at the bye week, then we've really got a dilemma on our hands - do you go back to the veteran making $9 million or let the kid play through the pain - plus you've got a 2nd yr QB with shaken confidence, etc.

Now there can be no doubt. Orton has played himself out of a job. TT brings enough of a threat to the game that he gets the rest of the season to audition without looking over his shoulder or the burden of having to win right now.

And all the Denver Tebow fans (not Bull) but the one's that are here for TT and only TT ahem Jags ahem will have a precarious situation on their hand.

They will have to honestly assess TT. No more conjecture. No more TT would have or could have. It is time to put up or shut up. They can't trash the team now. Should they, I hope they get run!

AlWilsonizKING
10-09-2011, 10:29 PM
It was good to see Tebow play well, but now teams will have a week to prepare for him. The Chargers didn't prepare to face Tebow and I'm sure him coming in took them by surprise. I hope it stays exciting, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

PEACE!!!

BroncoStud
10-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Good thing it's Miami in 2 weeks.

DenBronx
10-10-2011, 12:36 AM
Fox moved Willis to the starting back and it's working. McGahee is running like a mad man.

And Knowshon is being used perfect as a 3rd down/skat back. Moreno is quicker on the outside and doesnt run tough between the tackles. I would like to see him more involved and used alot more on screen plays.

This combo is working great!

Give Tebow a really good pass catching TE and this offense good be a real threat for defenses. Who knows, When Julious and Demaryius Thomas come back one of them might fill that role

Jagsbch
10-10-2011, 04:51 AM
If the Broncos were 4-1 or 5-0 then Tebow wouldn't sniff any playing time. Be thankful that Orton collapsed under the pressure and the Broncos stink, it's the only way change was going to take place.

Point I am making we would have been 4-1 or even 5-0 with Tebow, Fox is clearly an idiot for thinking Orton could have emerged to being anything other than the loser he has been the past 2 seasons. It is what it is... Love to see so many coward down to paying homage to such a disgraceful way this team has been led thus far this season. Good Grief. I guess this is why I could never be considered a true fan of any team, I'd rather be true to myself as well as true fan to the game rather than the clowns sabatoging it from what it could truly be.

Who doubts the Broncos would be a winning team with Tebow at the helm from week one?

BroncoStud
10-10-2011, 06:11 AM
Point I am making we would have been 4-1 or even 5-0 with Tebow, Fox is clearly an idiot for thinking Orton could have emerged to being anything other than the loser he has been the past 2 seasons. It is what it is... Love to see so many coward down to paying homage to such a disgraceful way this team has been led thus far this season. Good Grief. I guess this is why I could never be considered a true fan of any team, I'd rather be true to myself as well as true fan to the game rather than the clowns sabatoging it from what it could truly be.

Who doubts the Broncos would be a winning team with Tebow at the helm from week one?

Fox didn't have much of a choice. When the Orton trade fell through it was then a matter of letting Orton play himself out of the position as he looked so much better than the other guys in practice. If Denver starts Tebow and goes 1-4 or 0-5 then Fox has lost his lockerroom and the QB controversy might be swining the other way, Tebow down in the dumps and Orton looking good. Fox played it correctly. As frustrating as it has been, Orton needed to play his way out of the job.

Watchthemiddle
10-10-2011, 06:34 AM
Thank you John Fox (and anybody else who required the change-Bowlen may have taken note of the exodous at the stands at half!)

Mr. Fox, please pay for JD Walton and TT to have a nice BYE week somewhere together to work on the center exchange!

I was looking forward to the bye because each of our Orton games have left me INDIFFERENT to everything Broncos. TODAY's GAME WAS AWESOME! Now I don't want the bye :tsk:

For the first time all season I was jumping up out of my seat...and excited for the O to get back on the field. I too wish there was a game next week. This bye will be good though. 2 weeks of TT running with the 1st string in practice. I CAN'T WAIT for the next game. First time I have said that all season also.

Jagsbch
10-10-2011, 06:55 AM
Imagine how far along Tebow would be by now had not Fox benched him in favor of a perinial loser like Orton. I mean what does that say about you as a coach to bench a clutch winner for a loser who has no game in clutch situations? Face it Fox is an idiot

BroncoStud
10-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Imagine how far along Tebow would be by now had not Fox benched him in favor of a perinial loser like Orton. I mean what does that say about you as a coach to bench a clutch winner for a loser who has no game in clutch situations? Face it Fox is an idiot

Dude are these posts serious or are you tongue in cheek? I've never known... You can't possibly have a hard-on this bent for Tebow. :sheep:

Dreadnought
10-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Dude are these posts serious or are you tongue in cheek? I've never known... You can't possibly have a hard-on this bent for Tebow. :sheep:

Yes. Yes he does. Its the one downside to Orton's benching that I can see. The worst of the Tebow fanbois are almost as bad as run o' the mill ESPN football analysts. That said, I'd still rather see Merrill Hoge and Kordell Stewart made fools of than Jagsbch, because that means good news for the Broncos.

Northman
10-10-2011, 09:20 AM
It was good to see Tebow play well, but now teams will have a week to prepare for him. The Chargers didn't prepare to face Tebow and I'm sure him coming in took them by surprise. I hope it stays exciting, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

PEACE!!!

Teams had a week to prepare for Orton and it didnt work out well and he was a veteran. If you think that Tebow is all of a sudden just going to carry us to the SB you really dont understand football.

Npba900
10-10-2011, 09:23 AM
If tebow starts we win more than that.

The bolts are good. They have lost 1 game. And we almost had them. Tebow keeps em close. With our better defense and timmy we can put up a fair few Ws.

Don't talk too fast! We don't know how Tebow will perform because opposing teams have yet to game plan against him.

My question is what happens when teams take away running lanes from T2 and force him to stay in the pocket! Teams already know T2's weaknesses are reading defenses and throwing consistently from the pocket.

If Tebow can't improvise and run around like his head is cut off......he will be dead in the water! Its very possible EFX already know about this and have thought out this scenario. Remember, EFX know just how raw T2 really is, why expose this fact to the entire NFL at this point.

The best bet right now is to not name T2 the starter, thus allowing teams to game plan against his weaknesses, but allow Tebow to play after teams have game planned for Orton.

BroncoNut
10-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Don't talk too fast! We don't know how Tebow will perform because opposing teams have yet to game plan against him.

My question is what happens when teams take away running lanes from T2 and force him to stay in the pocket! Teams already know T2's weaknesses are reading defenses and throwing consistently from the pocket.

If Tebow can't improvise and run around like his head is cut off......he will be dead in the water! Its very possible EFX already know about this and have thought out this scenario. Remember, EFX know just how raw T2 really is, why expose this fact to the entire NFL at this point.

The best bet right now is to not name T2 the starter, thus allowing teams to game plan against his weaknesses, but allow Tebow to play after teams have game planned for Orton.

this is absurd.

Dzone
10-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Had Fox left Orton in, fans would be screaming FIRE FOX.
Instead, Fox bought himself some time.
If this years team is worse than last years, then put Fox on the launching pad

Cugel
10-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Tebow just has "it". The team played better with him under center. Scrap the current play book and tailor our scheme around him. Damn it felt good to be excited about this team again!!

More "fan thinking." :coffee:

Here's why NFL teams do NOT want running QBs:

Tim Tebow: 7/29/2010: Signed a five-year, $9.75 million contract. The deal includes $8.7 million guaranteed. Another $23.25 million is available through incentives (http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/den/), though $9 million of them are "unlikely to be earned." $1,537,500 of the incentives are available through a "likely to be earned" onetime escalator. 2011: $1,618,750 (+ $6.275 million guaranteed option bonus due 9/2), 2012: $1,942,500, 2013: $2,266,250, 2014: $2.59 million, 2015: Free Agent

And remember Tebow is quite moderately priced for a starting NFL QB. Compare Matthew Stafford:

4/25/2009: Signed a six-year, $72 million contract. The deal contains $41.75 million guaranteed, including an $18.2 million signing bonus. Another $6 million is available through incentives based on Stafford playing 35% of the offensive snaps as a rookie and 45% throughout the life of the deal. 2011: $525,000 (+ $8.475 million "signing" bonus), 2012: $10.5 million, 2013: $11.5 million, 2014: $11 million, 2015: Free Agent

If Tebow remains the Broncos starting QB they will re-negotiate his contract in a couple of years and he'll be earning somewhere between $9 and $15 million a year!

And everytime he takes off outside the pocket the team is risking all that money. So, no! The Broncos are not going to go to the spread offense with Tebow running around as their base offense, no matter how many ignorant fans whine about it.

Micheal Vick is a lot faster and more elusive than Tebow but he can't stay on the field. It's looking like the 6 year, $100 million contract they gave Vick wasn't a great idea. Running QBs are generally not welcome in the NFL for that very reason. :coffee:

Cugel
10-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Had Fox left Orton in, fans would be screaming FIRE FOX.
Instead, Fox bought himself some time.
If this years team is worse than last years, then put Fox on the launching pad

Sorry, but this is nonsense. Do you think Pat Bowlen is going to fire Fox after 4 games because the fans are screaming "fire Fox?"

Fox will be given 3 years to turn this team around because Bowlen, Elway and Joe Ellis realize that McDaniels utterly gutted the team and left it devoid of talent. It's going to be a LOOONG rebuilding process no matter who is the coach or GM.

And the fans are going to be impatient and be yelling "Fire Fox!" long before Bowlen and Elway will even consider firing Fox.

They've got 3 draft picks from this year's draft starting and making a contribution which is a good start. If they can do that for 3 years in a row and pick up some good FAs as well then they can field a respectable team by 2013-2014. Throw in a proven QB and they can make the playoffs.

If the team stays with a losing record with little or no improvement after the 2013 season THEN John Fox's job will be jeopardy.