PDA

View Full Version : Tebow was electric BUT lets not forget who the best player was today...

Bullgator
10-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Willis McGahee...

He is having one hell of a season and is a bright spot for this team... Will Mac, what a horse!

Northman
10-09-2011, 06:55 PM
Certainly squashes the idea that someone told me the reason Orton failed last year was because of injury after we had a back go over a 100 yds. Orton was healthy as can be today and still sucked. Tebow may of looked raw on his passes but he has all the other things that playmakers have.

Day1BroncoFan
10-09-2011, 06:55 PM
With McGahee and Tebow we can win.

horsepig
10-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Refreshing to see a back run to daylight, for sure.

getlynched47
10-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Uh no. The MVP of this game was our entire offensive line. 2 weeks in a row, they've been keeping the QB clean and opening up MASSIVE holes in the running game.

Willis McGahee showed impressive break-tackle ability, but he was the beneficiary of a great game by our offensive line :salute:

underrated29
10-09-2011, 06:59 PM
hmmmmm....

I seem to remember that North and I were amongst a small handful saying mcgahee was going to be a great great signing for us.

Slick
10-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Willis ran great. Beadles, walton and kuper got some push today. The o line were playing hard today for franklin.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Northman
hmmmmm....

I seem to remember that North and I were amongst a small handful saying mcgahee was going to be a great great signing for us.

Oh yea baby! :beer:

Bullgator
hmmmmm....

I watched him since his day at Miami... hate his gutts but hes a hell of a player... looks like hes been reborn, hes got his second wind... and how about Moreno on that screen pass? He looked spry too...

Our D needs lots of work...

BroncoBJ
10-09-2011, 07:09 PM
You must be a Hurricane fan as well as a Gators fan I see. :salute:

Softskull
10-09-2011, 07:12 PM
I loved the Oline and McGehee today but Lloyd is an absolute freak.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-09-2011, 07:13 PM
I watched him since his day at Miami... hate his gutts but hes a hell of a player... looks like hes been reborn, hes got his second wind... and how about Moreno on that screen pass? He looked spry too...

Our D needs lots of work...

I thought our D played pretty well. You can't use Green Bay and San Diego, two of the most explosive offenses in the league, as a good measuring stick. They made plays when they had to. They had a pick six and sacked Rivers several times.

MileHighCrew
10-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Little love for ayers and miller as well

Northman
10-09-2011, 07:15 PM
I loved the Oline and McGehee today but Lloyd is an absolute freak.

Im just disappointed he didnt get the 2 point conversion.

Softskull
10-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Im just disappointed he didnt get the 2 point conversion.

Agreed. Seems the easier the catch, the less likely he'll make it. Then he'll follow up with the circus catch.

TXBRONC
10-09-2011, 07:33 PM
hmmmmm....

Hey I was the first to suggest that McGahee should be starting in front of Moreno.

Northman
10-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Hey I was the first to suggest that McGahee should be starting in front of Moreno.

No you werent. Dont try to piggyback me and Under. :tsk::lol:

sneakers
10-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Moreno for H-Back!

TXBRONC
10-09-2011, 07:37 PM
No you werent. Dont try to piggyback me and Under. :tsk::lol:

I do remember suggesting in during the preseason. :eviltongue:

TXBRONC
10-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Moreno for H-Back!

Do the words Hell No meaning anything to you? :laugh:

Agent of Orange
10-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Willis McGahee...

He is having one hell of a season and is a bright spot for this team... Will Mac, what a horse!

Yeah, McGahee has been playing like a champion for us. Im glad we have him. Please just stay healthy and out of trouble.

DenBronx
10-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Very happy with Willis. I just wish he was about 5 years younger.

We should have signed him over Travis Henry years ago.

BroncoStud
10-09-2011, 09:56 PM
Moreno is a 3rd down back. You saw his skill on the screen pass, that is how he should be used. He'll never be a between-the-tackles pounder.

jhildebrand
10-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Philip Rivers and company settled for 4 FG's.

I like what our D is beginning to do!

Sinthor
10-10-2011, 03:19 AM
hmmmmm....

Yep, you were in the minority. A lot of people viewed him as an "old, tired" running back. Oops! And I don't believe you can credit the o-line with the majority of the success in the running game. Moreno's played with the same line and hasn't performed as well. McGahee simply still seems to have a bit left in the tank. Hopefully he can last all year at this rate although I believe they NEED to spell him with Moreno and have Moreno be more effective as well. Maybe they can use McGahee for running in the interior and put Moreno in for runs to the outside? At least most of the time? Moreno NEEDS to be a key contributor for this team to have long term success with the run over the course of this season, IMO. Maybe McGahee can carry the full load for the whole year, but we shouldn't bank on that.

Heck, now between the run threat of our actual running game AND starting QB along with our good receivers and getting Royal and D. Thomas back, I'm optimistic we can win many more games than I thought we were going to at this point. We can at least be competitive in almost all of them! Even an outside chance of actually going 8-8 although note that's very outside, IMO. The defense seems to be getting better gradually game by game.

jlarsiii
10-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Moreno is a 3rd down back. You saw his skill on the screen pass, that is how he should be used. He'll never be a between-the-tackles pounder.

Agreed. Until he made that screen catch and go for a TD I was disappointed in Moreno to say the least. I think I was yelling at the TV to get rid of the bum. Maybe I was a little too hasty on that call. If he can deliver on screen plays he may be worth keeping around.

vandammage13
10-10-2011, 11:23 AM
I like what I've seen from Willis thus far, and I am surprised as he has far exceeded what I expected us to get out of him.

Having said that, I want to see what he's looking like in Week 12-17...Something tells me he might be out of gas by then.

I happy with his production in these last few weeks, but I'm not ready to put all my eggs the McGahee basket just yet.

I hope he keeps proving me wrong.

rationalfan
10-10-2011, 12:15 PM
somewhat related: i was also impressed with marcus thomas; finally the interior Dline got into the pocket on passing downs.

pipes
10-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Yeah, McGahee has been playing like a champion for us. Im glad we have him. Please just stay healthy and out of trouble.

Has staying out of trouble been an issue with him?

I've been a fan of his since he was at the U, I don't recall anything, other than possibly receiving some "benefits" while in college.

pipes
10-10-2011, 12:22 PM
Little love for ayers and miller as well

I don't think Von will get much player of the game talk...
What with being benched and all.
(which I thought was stupid, btw)

Northman
10-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Has staying out of trouble been an issue with him?

I've been a fan of his since he was at the U, I don't recall anything, other than possibly receiving some "benefits" while in college.

Yea, i dont recall him being in any kind of trouble either.