PDA

View Full Version : I thought Quinn was #2?

Northman
10-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Or so i was told by certain individuals on this board. :laugh:

DenBronx
10-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Yeah, why didnt he come in when Ortonary was benched? :D

BroncoStud
Yeah no kidding. I would like Clay to weigh in on this... hahaha

SR
I don't care who the supposed number two was. Orton was benched. That's the most important thing.

Northman
10-09-2011, 06:42 PM
I don't care who the supposed number two was. Orton was benched. That's the most important thing.

Indeed.

I just found it funny that some guys were telling FOR SURE that Quinn would be the guy instead of 4th string Tebow.

DenBronx
10-09-2011, 06:43 PM
I'm 98% sure Adam Webber will be starting next week.

Day1BroncoFan
10-09-2011, 06:44 PM
He's number 2 now. :D

cuzz4169
10-09-2011, 06:44 PM
If you really thought Quinn was #2 QB you have no idea how the Sports Business works.

underrated29
10-09-2011, 06:51 PM
I remember a good poster once saying Orton was a franchise QB...Or was going to be one this year.

Lancane
10-09-2011, 06:53 PM
I remember a good poster once saying Orton was a franchise QB...Or was going to be one this year.

A good poster who didn't understand what we had in Orton.

Tned
10-09-2011, 06:58 PM

Yea, I was thinking the very same thing when Tebow came in. We were told beyond any shadow of a doubt that Tebow might run some "running QB" plays, but if the Orton went down or they replaced Orton for another reason, Quinn would take over as the number 2 QB.

Slick
10-09-2011, 07:00 PM
To be fair north, the local media were reporting that quinn would be #2 until the co number two crap was announced.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Northman
10-09-2011, 07:01 PM
To be fair north, the local media were reporting that quinn would be #2 until the co number two crap was announced.

Nah, im talking about AFTER the co-#2 was announced. People were still saying that Quinn was the definite #2 QB and that Tebow was #3.

horsepig
10-09-2011, 07:03 PM
That was always bullshit, almost as stupid as the "Orton gives us the best chance to win" drivel.

Day1BroncoFan
10-09-2011, 07:03 PM

That blew up in their face. :lol:

Slick
10-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Nah, im talking about AFTER the co-#2 was announced. People were still saying that Quinn was the definite #2 QB and that Tebow was #3.
Who? If you're going to make a thread to call them out on it, name some names.

We have two weeks to kill, we can troll those guys.

BroncoBJ
10-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Yea, I was told by people that go to Training camp that Quinn was clearly the #2 QB. :lol: :lol:

Northman
10-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Who? If you're going to make a thread to call them out on it, name some names.

We have two weeks to kill, we can troll those guys.

But then i would get yelled at.

I can PM you if you like. :D

Nomad
10-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Now Quinn needs his shot:boink::D

Tned
10-09-2011, 07:12 PM
But then i would get yelled at.

I can PM you if you like. :D

Come on, don't rat me out!

Slick
10-09-2011, 07:15 PM
I'm going to troll you for two weeks Tned.

Northman
10-09-2011, 07:15 PM

Sounds good, ill help you out.

Slick
10-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Let's fill his emailbox. No. I will make a twitter account. Watch out T.

Joel
10-09-2011, 07:20 PM
I was surprised to see Tebow instead of Quinn, but mainly I was glad to see Orton gone (and a little disgusted with the shot of him on the sideline after one of the TDs, 'cos it looked he was trying to hide being pissed at Tebow actually doing something behind half hearted happiness the TEAM was finally doing something.)

Hopefully this doesn't just mean the Dolphins spend the next two weeks studying every play Tebow's ever run so they know exactly how to shut him down (based on everything we've seen so far, included todays game, the best gameplan may be "keep him under center and wait for him to fumble the snap.") He looked a LOT better than Orton, but let's face it, folks, that's not setting the bar awfully high. Once he's got a month of games under his belt (and the tape that goes with them) I'll be a lot more willing to believe any particular case of on the field heroics is the rule rather than exception.

End of the day, an L is still an L.

Northman
10-09-2011, 07:22 PM
I was surprised to see Tebow instead of Quinn, but mainly I was glad to see Orton gone (and a little disgusted with the shot of him on the sideline after one of the TDs, 'cos it looked he was trying to hide being pissed at Tebow actually doing something behind half hearted happiness the TEAM was finally doing something.)

Hopefully this doesn't just mean the Dolphins spend the next two weeks studying every play Tebow's ever run so they know exactly how to shut him down (based on everything we've seen so far, included todays game, the best gameplan may be "keep him under center and wait for him to fumble the snap.") He looked a LOT better than Orton, but let's face it, folks, that's not setting the bar awfully high. Once he's got a month of games under his belt (and the tape that goes with them) I'll be a lot more willing to believe any particular case of on the field heroics is the rule rather than exception.

End of the day, an L is still an L.

ITS HIS 4TH GAME! :lol:

WTF?

BroncoJoe
10-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Played for only a half and neary won. Pessimists door is thataway

Northman
10-09-2011, 07:26 PM
I dont care that people think he has stuff to work on. NO SHIT.

He's a young QB but to expect him to pull monkeys out of his ass in only his 4th game is not only retarded but makes you look like you just started watching football yesterday.

Nomad
10-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Tebow will start in Miami and will make BRONCOS history with the win there!:welcome:

TXBRONC

A good poster who didn't understand what we had in Orton.

I here said poster is being placed in a Alzheimer unit as we speak. :D

getlynched47
If Brady Quinn plays a certain percentage of snap at QB, we ship the Browns a 3rd round draft pick this season.

There was never a chance Brady Quinn would get a chance under John Fox unless Orton and Tebow went missing in a safari excursion.

Northman
10-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Tebow will start in Miami and will make BRONCOS history with the win there!:welcome:

Would be nice. I just want to see more improvement from Tim and hope he can be the answer longterm. For me right now its all about getting him to improve and still try to win games in the process.

TXBRONC
10-09-2011, 07:31 PM
I dont care that people think he has stuff to work on. NO SHIT.

He's a young QB but to expect him to pull monkeys out of his ass in only his 4th game is not only retarded but makes you look like you just started watching football yesterday.

Hell North if it was Tebow's 110th game I still wouldn't expect to pull monkeys out of his ass. :lol:

PAINTERDAVE
10-09-2011, 07:33 PM

I do care.

I am thrilled we get to finaly see what Tebow has got.

Quinn is NOT the answer..
he was just a convenient place for the
Tebow haters to put their faith once Orton failed again.

This is a great day!

On both sides of the coin..
Orotn is benched/Tebow gets his shot

vettesplus
10-09-2011, 07:43 PM
tt or quinn, still a loss....and will be many more with either qb taking the field. one more notch towards the top of the luck sweepstakes!!!!!!

Dreadnought
10-09-2011, 07:44 PM
tt or quinn, still a loss....and will be many more with either qb taking the field. one more notch towards the top of the luck sweepstakes!!!!!!

So, apparently you missed the game today? :tsk:

Tned
10-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Let's fill his emailbox. No. I will make a twitter account. Watch out T.

Good, I'm two short of 1,500 followers, you'll get me one away... :laugh:

Tned
10-09-2011, 07:56 PM
ITS HIS 4TH GAME! :lol:

WTF?

"keep him under center and wait for him to fumble the snap."

Cutler had a fumbled snap in like five or six straight games or something like that, and he didn't come from a spread offense.

It's going to take him some time. He hasn't been getting first team reps. He hasn't been taking snaps from Walton. I'll take the occasional sloppy exchange, when you consider that not only fans had hope, but he elevated the entire team. It was clear that players on the defense and offense were more alive, more pumped.

TXBRONC
10-09-2011, 08:05 PM

That's it Slick let your inner troll out. :D

Tned
10-09-2011, 08:08 PM

Clearly.

jhildebrand
10-09-2011, 10:05 PM

Quinn is most definitely #2. In more ways then one. :lol:

No, after today Quinn is #2. It is TT, Quinn, Webber/Orton. :lol:

Joel
10-10-2011, 01:57 AM
"keep him under center and wait for him to fumble the snap."

Cutler had a fumbled snap in like five or six straight games or something like that, and he didn't come from a spread offense.

It's going to take him some time. He hasn't been getting first team reps. He hasn't been taking snaps from Walton. I'll take the occasional sloppy exchange, when you consider that not only fans had hope, but he elevated the entire team. It was clear that players on the defense and offense were more alive, more pumped.
Well, if we can expect five or six fumbled snaps from a new starter I guess the good news is that Tebow got half of his out of the way yesterday. ;) He bobbled snaps under center in practice and training camp, and it looks like THAT aspect of practice and camp DOES predict game peformance.

Yeah, guys, I'm aware how many games Tebow's played, and actually have watched enough football to have seen more than a few QBs replace a bum, do really well for a month or two, then turn into yet another bum once every D knows what to expect from him. The first time I heard "empty backfield" I knew it was going to be a QB draw that faked out the Bolts D, but they learned fast and stayed home when we tried it again on the second 2 pt conversion, making Tebow throw the fade--out of bounds. Right now he's as much an unknown quantity for other teams as for everyone else, but that won't be true forever, and that's when we'll see just how far he's come. Tebow's gonna have to get over that steep learning curve quickly, and I'd be as happy as anyone to see that happen, but I'm not going to pretend it HAS happened after watching one half of a game we lost.

Still and so, the fact remains that for a brief moment at the end I thought we had a chance, and that was never true at any point when Orton was on the field.

Sinthor
10-10-2011, 02:37 AM
If Brady Quinn plays a certain percentage of snap at QB, we ship the Browns a 3rd round draft pick this season.

There was never a chance Brady Quinn would get a chance under John Fox unless Orton and Tebow went missing in a safari excursion.

This is still possible! (the safari excursion) Although from the look on Orton's face on the sideline and the after-game interviews (not that I blame him) I'd put my money on both Quinn and Tebow mysteriously "going on a safari expeditions to missionary to someone or...er.....something," Orton says, and never being heard from again! :)

Sinthor
10-10-2011, 02:43 AM
Well, if we can expect five or six fumbled snaps from a new starter I guess the good news is that Tebow got half of his out of the way yesterday. ;) He bobbled snaps under center in practice and training camp, and it looks like THAT aspect of practice and camp DOES predict game peformance.

Yeah, guys, I'm aware how many games Tebow's played, and actually have watched enough football to have seen more than a few QBs replace a bum, do really well for a month or two, then turn into yet another bum once every D knows what to expect from him. The first time I heard "empty backfield" I knew it was going to be a QB draw that faked out the Bolts D, but they learned fast and stayed home when we tried it again on the second 2 pt conversion, making Tebow throw the fade--out of bounds. Right now he's as much an unknown quantity for other teams as for everyone else, but that won't be true forever, and that's when we'll see just how far he's come. Tebow's gonna have to get over that steep learning curve quickly, and I'd be as happy as anyone to see that happen, but I'm not going to pretend it HAS happened after watching one half of a game we lost.

Still and so, the fact remains that for a brief moment at the end I thought we had a chance, and that was never true at any point when Orton was on the field.

I know some folk have gotten really emotionally invested in talking down Tebow and I'm not saying this is you. But to be fair, that failed 2pt conversion was a good throw..right where it was supposed to be. That's a difficult play for a WR to make. Wasn't out of bounds either. If you watch the game Lloyd simply failed to handle it once it was in his hands. Good throw though.

Frankly, Tebow did what he did last year. He always seems to start cold and get better as the game wears on. My own guess is that he's too hyped up/nervous and only after burning off some of that energy with a few runs can he settle down. I was impressed that along with pre-season this year, we didn't see any of those dirt balls a few feet in front of the receiver that we saw a couple of in each game he started last year. He's improved, that much is for sure. Now we just need to see if he can keep improving, in game conditions, at an acceptable pace. That will tell if the team can continue to address other areas of need or if they need to think about drafting a starting QB.

Tned
10-10-2011, 05:01 AM

I guess we watched a different game. I didn't see one fumbled ball when Tebow was in, unless you count the Rivers fumble.

Were there a couple bobbled exchanges? Yep. One of them where he and the o-line/center were clearly not on the same page, as the center snapped the ball before he was expecting it.

That said, I know you put a ;) in, but I think you're trying way too hard here to justify your previous positions/statements on Tebow. How many INTs and fumbles has Orton had in four and a half games? How about Tebow in a half?

Yeah, guys, I'm aware how many games Tebow's played, and actually have watched enough football to have seen more than a few QBs replace a bum, do really well for a month or two, then turn into yet another bum once every D knows what to expect from him. The first time I heard "empty backfield" I knew it was going to be a QB draw that faked out the Bolts D, but they learned fast and stayed home when we tried it again on the second 2 pt conversion, making Tebow throw the fade--out of bounds.

Did you watch the game? Sorry, but what you just described did not happen in this game.

Right now he's as much an unknown quantity for other teams as for everyone else, but that won't be true forever, and that's when we'll see just how far he's come. Tebow's gonna have to get over that steep learning curve quickly, and I'd be as happy as anyone to see that happen, but I'm not going to pretend it HAS happened after watching one half of a game we lost.

Oh, you mean like pretty much every rookie/2nd year QB has to do? :confused:

Except for a few Gatormaniacs, nobody has claimed it "HAS happened" or even that it will, but simply that we need to find out.

Some of you guys have been so invested in stating definitively that he either won't start in Denver or won't succeed if he does, you're unable to just sit back and see what happens -- see what Tebow can become as an NFL starter that we spent a first round pick on. That's the only difference between you and most of us, we are going in with an open mind and tempered expectations.

Yea, so enjoy that and hope there will be more of those moments rather than doubling down on your insistence that he will fail, before he's ever even given a chance to play.

chazoe60
10-10-2011, 06:58 AM
The fade on the two point conversion was a very good throw and a called play, it was not Because the D played the draw. We wanted them to play the draw.

What you thought you saw is not what you saw Joel.

Dzone
10-10-2011, 08:24 AM
With Orton benched and Tebow the starter, Quinn deserves to be #2. Orton should be #3 until he is replaced by Weber...

vettesplus
10-10-2011, 08:38 AM

a 1-4 record with tt is the same as a 1-4 with ort.... :lol:

Northman
10-10-2011, 08:58 AM
The fade on the two point conversion was a very good throw and a called play, it was not Because the D played the draw. We wanted them to play the draw.

Yea, completely moronic statement on Joel's part. That was not a designed draw at all. :lol:

Tned
10-10-2011, 03:15 PM

Further to this conversation, I posted a clip of Legwold from Vic and Gary this morning, where he was CEARLY taking the number 2/3 QB situation personally. Fox was asked about it in the presser today:

On QB Brady Quinn being perceived as the No. 2 quarterback

“You said ‘perception.’ I think sometimes that’s not reality. I think the call to go with Tim was obviously something we discussed before, but I didn’t want that outwardly known regardless of perception. I think we kind of showed our hand.”

Joel
10-11-2011, 05:34 AM
I know some folk have gotten really emotionally invested in talking down Tebow and I'm not saying this is you. But to be fair, that failed 2pt conversion was a good throw..right where it was supposed to be. That's a difficult play for a WR to make. Wasn't out of bounds either. If you watch the game Lloyd simply failed to handle it once it was in his hands. Good throw though.

Frankly, Tebow did what he did last year. He always seems to start cold and get better as the game wears on. My own guess is that he's too hyped up/nervous and only after burning off some of that energy with a few runs can he settle down. I was impressed that along with pre-season this year, we didn't see any of those dirt balls a few feet in front of the receiver that we saw a couple of in each game he started last year. He's improved, that much is for sure. Now we just need to see if he can keep improving, in game conditions, at an acceptable pace. That will tell if the team can continue to address other areas of need or if they need to think about drafting a starting QB.
The throw was, IMHO, acceptable; not great or horrible. Lloyd undeniably mishandled it but unless he catches it and IMMEDIATELY tucks it away to establish possession, with both feet on the ground, it's still an incomplete pass because he only got to it the instant before it went out of bounds. The receiver didn't make the play, but the quarterback also made the play far more difficult than it should've been. Prior to that we saw plenty of short passes, several in succession, in fact; maybe I didn't see the same game as the rest of BF, but I saw the one the guys in the booth were calling because they commented on those underthrows.

I've nothing against Tebow and, once again, would be as happy as anyone to see him succeed as our QB, particularly since it doesn't appear we have any better options now (else they'd be on the field obviating this whole discussion.) He is what he is though, a very talented and hard working athlete everyone on the planet expected to be drafted in the third round as a tight end. The only thing that's changed since then is he was instead picked in the first as a QB and had one off season plus some second team practices to improve. He's gotten better, but still has quite a way to go; there are plenty of good and bad things to cite from each of his regular season games. I don't expect either of those things to change soon, and agree that assuming spectacularly failure is as unfair and unrealistic as assuming spectacular success. Time will tell and I won't predict anything of this large variable, because I would only be guessing.

I guess we watched a different game. I didn't see one fumbled ball when Tebow was in, unless you count the Rivers fumble.

Were there a couple bobbled exchanges? Yep. One of them where he and the o-line/center were clearly not on the same page, as the center snapped the ball before he was expecting it.

That said, I know you put a ;) in, but I think you're trying way too hard here to justify your previous positions/statements on Tebow. How many INTs and fumbles has Orton had in four and a half games? How about Tebow in a half?
Technically, no fumbles, no, just many bobbled snaps, enough that, once again, we saw several on replays and heard about it from the commentators. And, yes, Orton's had plenty of bobbles, fumbles, interceptions and inexcusable sacks; that's Orton, whom I am not and have not defended, but let's not fall into the "IF NOT Orton THEN Tebow" trap. If being better than Orton was good enough to start for a successful NFL team, many would be qualified, but that's setting the bar pretty low. Also it should be remembered our lines protection is inconsistent, which will always make a bootleg quarterback look better than a pocket passer. That does not mean Tebow is any more the answer than Orton, and criticizing Tebow is not defending Orton, because the play of each is wholly independent of the other.

Did you watch the game? Sorry, but what you just described did not happen in this game.
I watched the game (got some grief for it, in fact;) again, that's why hearing confirmation of the empty backfield I'd already noticed told me a QB draw was coming on the first TD. If Fox watched that play go 11 yards for a score but did NOT line up in the same formation for a two point conversion, instructing Tebow to throw a fade if the Bolts stacked the box, then he's a crappy coach and we're screwed whoever's under center.

Oh, you mean like pretty much every rookie/2nd year QB has to do? :confused:
Exactly like that, yes. Like Vince Young when the Titans threw him on the field in desperation and he wowwed the League for about half a season until defences had a solid idea of what he did badly and well, and how the Titans would use him. Now he's Michael Vicks backup. I said then and say now that Young can learn accuracy, and feel the same about Tebow; the questions are how long will it take and whether anyone wants to invest that time. Right now Tebow still looks a lot more like Young than he does Elway, and it isn't hard to see him ending up like Plummer: A great roll out quarterback who self destructs against any defence that can keep him in the pocket, forcing him to make plays with his arm. That's a pretty good rule for running QBs in the NFL; the list of rushing QBs who won Super Bowls pretty much consists of Steve Young and Ben Roethlisberger. Give Tebow a brutal D, solid line and great receivers like the '80s '9ers and 2000s Steelers and maybe he'll join them, but so would a lot of other guys who had all that going for them.

Except for a few Gatormaniacs, nobody has claimed it "HAS happened" or even that it will, but simply that we need to find out.
A position with which I have consistently and wholeheartedly agreed, but let's not break out the anointment oil after one half of a game we lost by 5 points.

Some of you guys have been so invested in stating definitively that he either won't start in Denver or won't succeed if he does, you're unable to just sit back and see what happens -- see what Tebow can become as an NFL starter that we spent a first round pick on. That's the only difference between you and most of us, we are going in with an open mind and tempered expectations.
I am perfectly happy to sit back and wait; I'm treating this whole season as a chance to develop what young talent we have and add more with a high draft position next year. My mind is open and my expectations quite tempered, but I'm also realistic. I like some of what I see; the screen pass to Moreno had very nice touch on it and was thrown just in time (but not from the pocket either, and why doesn't Moreno get as much love for the long run and diving at the pylon to score the TD as Tebow does for misconnecting on the subsequent 2 PAT?) I dislike other things I see just as much, like the bobbles, the short passes that fall short, and having to call time because our left handed QB doesn't want to run right or on a short field when we repeat the "QB draw with coverage, fade with 8 in the box" play. My commendations will be proportionate and my criticisms inversely proportionate to Tebows increase of good things with reduction of bad ones. Unless he gets a lot better in the next three months we're still looking for a QB, and that's the stark reality.

Yea, so enjoy that and hope there will be more of those moments rather than doubling down on your insistence that he will fail, before he's ever even given a chance to play.
I still hope, and I'm still giving him a chance, but I'm also not holding my breath. He has several large obstacles to overcome, and, while few of them were of his own making, they yet remain. If he rises to the challenge, well and good; if not, we'll have to move on to someone who does. I do worry as I did with Quinn that our line may not be consistent enough to accurately evaluate ANY QB (in fairness, I had that concern to a lesser extent even with Orton; his other teams offensive line is so infamously awful I pitied Cutler when I heard about the trade, as it seems we all should've.) "You play football with the team you have though;" I'm glad Tebow's in early enough we can see what happens when defences adjust to him, and how HE'LL adjust when they do.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one; if they'd kept five or six guys in coverage on our five receivers I have no doubt Tebow would have run the ball. We wanted them to COMMIT, whichever way they went, so we could go the other way and score; unfortunately, our execution was a little off and it didn't work.

Yea, completely moronic statement on Joel's part. That was not a designed draw at all. :lol:

Like the first Tebow TD, the play was "designed" to score; had the Bolts blanketed everyone in coverage instead of stacking the box to stop a repeat of the previous QB draw with 5 WRs, passing would have been insane. I have enough confidence in Fox to think he planned for that contingency; you only have one chance to get a 2 PAT right.

sneakers
10-11-2011, 05:38 AM
LOL, number 2 hahahaha

claymore
10-11-2011, 06:40 AM
Indeed.

I just found it funny that some guys were telling FOR SURE that Quinn would be the guy instead of 4th string Tebow.

I think I said that Tebow would go in if their was a QB change, and Quin would go in if there was an Injury. Thats what the report said.

But, as we all know that could of been a smokescreen. Dont give a shit as long as the Broncos do well. Thats all that counts. All the rest ... is just something to talk about. :D

BroncoStud
10-11-2011, 06:49 AM
Come on... We all know Quinn sucks. We gave up Hillis and draft picks for a bum QB. But at least Quinn hasn't been out shitty QB for 2+ years now, ruining Sundays for us. The difference between Tebow and Quinn is significant from everything I've seen. Quinn can't throw deep, is indecisive, struggles with his accuracy... While Tebow can throw deep, but does struggle with his accuracy, he doesn't get rattled the way Quinn does.

Tebow is incredibly composed for a guy with so little experience in NFL-style football. I think that's his greatest attribute as a QB.

claymore
10-11-2011, 06:53 AM
Come on... We all know Quinn sucks. We gave up Hillis and draft picks for a bum QB. But at least Quinn hasn't been out shitty QB for 2+ years now, ruining Sundays for us. The difference between Tebow and Quinn is significant from everything I've seen. Quinn can't throw deep, is indecisive, struggles with his accuracy... While Tebow can throw deep, but does struggle with his accuracy, he doesn't get rattled the way Quinn does.

Tebow is incredibly composed for a guy with so little experience in NFL-style football. I think that's his greatest attribute as a QB.

Ive seen both QB's look good, and both QB's look bad. Neither has performed well on a consistant basis.

This is Tebows chance, I hope he does great.

Tned
10-11-2011, 07:43 AM
A position with which I have consistently and wholeheartedly agreed, but let's not break out the anointment oil after one half of a game we lost by 5 points.

You're spending a LOT more effort telling people not to anoint him, than anyone is actually anointing him.

Except for a handful of Gator/Tebow fans, there are far more of you folks so invested in convincing everyone that Tebo can't be an NFL QB.

Why not take a wait and see attitude like the rest of us than work so hard to be more critical of a 2nd year QB in his 4th start, after losing his second offseason due to a lockout, when you haven't shown that same criticism of a 6 year vet that had a 20 passer rating in the first half Sunday?

Northman
10-11-2011, 09:01 AM
You're spending a LOT more effort telling people not to anoint him, than anyone is actually anointing him.

Except for a handful of Gator/Tebow fans, there are far more of you folks so invested in convincing everyone that Tebo can't be an NFL QB.

Why not take a wait and see attitude like the rest of us than work so hard to be more critical of a 2nd year QB in his 4th start, after losing his second offseason due to a lockout, when you haven't shown that same criticism of a 6 year vet that had a 20 passer rating in the first half Sunday?

^This

Most people on this board understand that it can go either way with Tebow.

TXBRONC
10-11-2011, 09:03 AM
With Orton benched and Tebow the starter, Quinn deserves to be #2. Orton should be #3 until he is replaced by Weber...

If I were a betting man I would guess that Quinn would play ahead of Orton if Tebow went down with an injury.

claymore
10-11-2011, 09:08 AM
If I were a betting man I would guess that Quinn would play ahead of Orton if Tebow went down with an injury.

Couldnt hurt. Quin couldnt be much worse.

TXBRONC
10-11-2011, 09:16 AM
Couldnt hurt. Quin couldnt be much worse.

I think Quinn could be much worse. He has had accuracy problems in the past and he's immobile. He might not be Kyle Orton immobile but he's still not a real nimble quarterback.

claymore
10-11-2011, 09:17 AM
I think Quinn could be much worse. He has had accuracy problems in the past and he's immobile. He might not be Kyle Orton immobile but he's still not a real nimble quarterback.

Im sure his 3 & outs/turnovers will hurt the same. :D

Joel
10-11-2011, 06:54 PM

I give; I cannot recall saying a single good thing about Orton this season (or at all, though I cannot be certain about last year) and recall making more critical comments than I can count. Likewise, I have already said several times there are things I like and dislike about Tebow, cited some of each, and said I do not think him ready yet but hope he gets there soon. Again, he has the talent and work ethic to be a successful NFL QB, but it will require time and the patience to spend that time; hopefully the FO has enough of both or we find an elite passer by the start of next season.

If you get "Orton r00lz and Tebow dr00lz" out of that, nothing else I say will alter that misperception of my impression of him. The main thing is Orton's off the field and we're evaluating our first round QB as well as training him, all of which are good things (despite my supposed investment in Orton.)

NightTerror218
10-11-2011, 06:58 PM
is SoCal hiding? Will he not show his face since Tebow is starting?

Northman
10-11-2011, 07:02 PM
is SoCal hiding? Will he not show his face since Tebow is starting?

Yea, i was wondering about that myself. Just dropped off the face of the map. Hope he is ok.

Agent of Orange
10-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Yea, i was wondering about that myself. Just dropped off the face of the map. Hope he is ok.

I think that he is laying on a bed in a dark room hugging his Athlon (with Barkley on the cover) while having a good cry.