PDA

View Full Version : Broncos are +8.5

CrazyHorse
12-23-2008, 12:46 AM
According to most sports books the Denver Broncos are +8.5(Chargers favored by 8.5) at the San Diego Chargers next Sunday night.
The Over/Under for the game is 50!

I like the Broncos and the over.

Buff
12-23-2008, 12:54 AM
I'd lay the points and dare the Broncos to take my $$...

Take the over.

sneakers
12-23-2008, 12:55 AM
Does that mean we are going to win by 8 and 1/2 points????

broncophan
12-23-2008, 12:57 AM
8.5 pts underdog......playing at a team who has a record that is worse than ours................and I still wouldn't take the points.
It does seem that the over should be a lock......I would think SD will score at least 40....

Buff
12-23-2008, 12:58 AM
Does that mean we are going to win by 8 and 1/2 points????

It means that the Chargers have to win by 9 to cover the spread. We are 8.5 point 'dogs.

Shazam!
12-23-2008, 01:00 AM
Am I the only one who thinks this is an insult??

Italianmobstr7
12-23-2008, 01:01 AM
We're going to beat San Diego. Every time everyone writes us off, we step up. We're on a 2 game skid, the Chargers on a 3 game win streak. They're due for a let down game, and we're due to break our skid. I'm calling it right now. Denver is going to the playoffs and playing the Colts in round 1.

CrazyHorse
12-23-2008, 01:03 AM
I think at the very least if the Broncos don't win they'll cover the spread.
It's not like they will just rollover and hand the division away.

Shazam!
12-23-2008, 01:04 AM
I am with Don Corleone. SD is due for a loss and Denver a win. But I have no reason to believe this team can win a must-win.

broncophan
12-23-2008, 01:05 AM
I think at the very least if the Broncos don't win they'll cover the spread.
It's not like they will just rollover and hand the division away.

I think they already did.....:confused:

CrazyHorse
12-23-2008, 01:13 AM
I think they already did.....:confused:

Really? I hope the Chargers go into this game thinking it's a gimme!
It's best to catch 'em off gaurd!

broncophan
12-23-2008, 01:17 AM
Really? I hope the Chargers go into this game thinking it's a gimme!
It's best to catch 'em off gaurd!

I hope so too........:D

I just think there is no freakin way we need to count on the broncos to win at SD.....when the chargers were sitting there with a 4-8 record 3 weeks ago.
The broncos shoul have had this division locked up and over with.

Now here we are "hoping" we can catch them "off guard"........oh boy...

tomjonesrocks
12-23-2008, 02:04 AM
Sounds about right to me. In fact, I think it easily could have been 10.
Watch the Bucs game again on NFL Replay for reference. :coffee:

Tned
12-23-2008, 08:06 AM
Am I the only one who thinks this is an insult??

I don't consider it an insult. Considering that SD is on a roll, Broncos are struggling, the Broncos just lost two more running backs and are playing on the road, this sounds about right.

I think Vegas is going to be wrong again on Denver (Vegas has been wrong on Denver in virtually every game -- because Denver loses the games they should win, and wins the games they should lose).

SR
12-23-2008, 09:23 AM
My dad and I talked about this game for about an hour last night. We both agree. Denver and SD will not cover the over/under and Denver will not win this game. Jay will probably get his 4,500 and Marshall will get his 100 catches, but we'll still lose. After last week's piss poor effort and the no-show at Carolina, we don't deserve the playoffs. Our defense is 28th in the league. I'd rather not be embarassed against a team that has won so many straight games as the Colts. Indy will represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. Mark my words. Jay needs to learn how to not make so many stupid throws. Our defense needs a complete overhaul minus Barrett, Champ, DJ, Marcus Thomas, and Doom. We need a healthy running back (we need Hillis and Torain). We won't beat SD Sunday night. At least I won't have to go to a bar in a Broncos jersey only to leave with my tail between my legs this week.

Dortoh
12-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Take Denver and the points and the over. Denver WILL win on Sunday.

Gamechanger
12-23-2008, 10:47 AM
you guys kill me

some of you are acting like the Bronco's already laid the division to the Chargers

WUZUPWITDAT? :confused:

I undersand how you think that you guys should have clinched the division already but understand you gotta keep hope alive

as a fan who has went through its own share of disappointments and close games I believe that you guys can show up to win a must-win situation

and if you do, i for one don't believe that you guys will just lay down to us, i actually believe you guys will give us a tough callenge to our road onto the big dance

like I said before, bring on either team, it doesn't matter, I just believe that Denver owes itself some redemtion

keep hope alive again :salute:

sacmar
12-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Oscar de la hoya would probably agree when i say.....numbers don't mean squat. The bills proved that on us last week.

LRtagger
12-23-2008, 01:50 PM
The Lions are due for a win, too...doesnt mean I am going to put my money on them.

Nick
12-23-2008, 05:03 PM
I have not betted on Broncos all year because they are a betting nightmare... and plus being a fan.

I am this coming sunday and taking them on a straight up be at high odds. Last time our team automaticaly got marked in for a loss (JETS) what happened with that?

We will win this game. I know it.

Medford Bronco
12-23-2008, 05:49 PM
I have not betted on Broncos all year because they are a betting nightmare... and plus being a fan.

I am this coming sunday and taking them on a straight up be at high odds. Last time our team automaticaly got marked in for a loss (JETS) what happened with that?

We will win this game. I know it.

I hope you are right Nick but we have to play a perfect game for this
and have a plus 2 turnover ratio IMO to stop the good SD offense. Our Defense just does not get 3 and outs very often.

broncofaninfla
12-24-2008, 10:17 AM
Denver has responed well this year as a 5 point or greater underdog BUT the Bolts are on a roll. No way I bet this game.

broncofaninfla
12-26-2008, 12:05 PM
According to most sports books the Denver Broncos are +8.5(Chargers favored by 8.5) at the San Diego Chargers next Sunday night.
The Over/Under for the game is 50!

I like the Broncos and the over.

I wonder if Vegas has an over/under for fights in this game? The hate these two teams have for each other, I'm sure we will see a fight or two...
I hope Denver/Cutler can maintain their composure and pull off the upset.