PDA

View Full Version : Marshall making me feel more confident on Sunday.

Italianmobstr7
12-23-2008, 12:17 AM
http://www.bmarshall15.com/blog.php

A One Game Season

This was a tough loss to swallow, because we had so much at stake. We built an early lead, but you have to bring it for four quarters to put a team away, and we didn't do that today.

Buffalo is a good team. We knew what they were capable of doing and what kind of team they are. But we didn't finish on a couple of drives inside the red zone, and we turned the ball over.

I'm disappointed in my fumble. Donte Whitner made a good play to put his helmet and shoulder pads on the ball, but that still can't happen. I've got to be stronger with the ball because that was a big play that gave them momentum.

But we can't waste another second worrying about it because we have a huge opportunity next Sunday in San Diego. This team will not have a difficult time refocusing. It will be a challenge to go into San Diego's backyard when they've won three in a row, but we'll see what kind of guys we have. It's a big game, and we just have to get ourselves ready to fight for four quarters.

No matter what has happened, we are confident team. We feel that nobody can stop us if we do the little things it takes to perform--turning those red zone trips into touchdowns, protecting the ball and putting a team away.

It's a one-game season, and we'll be up for the challenge.

Brandon "The Beast" Marshall

I'm very worried about losing next week, but I do feel that Denver CAN win. I just have a feeling that we're going to want it more than they do. Seems like we've played our best when our backs are against the wall. I'm getting ancy already. I can't wait until Sunday Night Football.

CrazyHorse
12-23-2008, 12:40 AM
I like the way Marshall and Cutler think.

The team having confidence makes a HUGE difference. If they don't have any confidence they WILL lose. I hope they understand it won't be easy.
Then again the chargers may get too cocky and not bring their A-game.

BroncoWave
12-23-2008, 12:42 AM
As much as I think we are going to get destroyed, I am still excited as hell for this game! I mean, it's a do-or-die, winner-take-all game for the division title! How can you not be excited about that?

Shazam!
12-23-2008, 12:57 AM
Why anyone would believe Denver would suddenly be motivated or confident at the last game of the Season when they couldn't do that against lesser teams is beyond me.

I still hope they kick the ?!@# out of SD.

Idiot Charger fans who have been hiding in toilets all season suddenly come out talking trash. They need to be taught a lesson. If it isn't the Broncos, it will be ___________ (insert AFC Playoff team here) anyway. So it may as well be Denver.

broncophan
12-23-2008, 01:02 AM
talk is cheap......and I would hate to think it takes 3 losses in a row to get highly paid athletes motivated or focused to win a game...

Italianmobstr7
12-23-2008, 01:05 AM
Why anyone would believe Denver would suddenly be motivated or confident at the last game of the Season when they couldn't do that against lesser teams is beyond me.

Because Denver steps up against better competition. Denver wants this game more. We deserve it more. Shanahan said before the season that we're going to the playoffs. The players are going to make him into a prophet. We're going to show up on Sunday. In front of the entire nation, we're going to prove that we belong in the playoffs, even with a terrible D. Jay is going to show why he's a better QB than Rivers. Marshall is going to be a game breaker. Yesterday I was down. Big time. Even earlier today I wasn't confident. Well I am now. I'm confident that we're making the playoffs now, because this is the type of game that these players live for. Jay, Brandon, Eddie, etc... Everyone on our team is going to PROVE that they want it more than the Chargers. Us as fans need to be behind them. There's no reason not to be excited about this game. This is what makes the NFL so great. Any given Sunday. This Sunday belongs to the Broncos!

Italianmobstr7
12-23-2008, 01:06 AM
talk is cheap......and I would hate to think it takes 3 losses in a row to get highly paid athletes motivated or focused to win a game...

We've only lost 2 games in a row. Before that we won 4 out of 5. We've hit a 2 game skid, but we're bouncing back. This is the week that our playmakers step up. Even with a 7th string RB.

CrazyHorse
12-23-2008, 01:10 AM
Because Denver steps up against better competition. Denver wants this game more. We deserve it more. Shanahan said before the season that we're going to the playoffs. The players are going to make him into a prophet. We're going to show up on Sunday. In front of the entire nation, we're going to prove that we belong in the playoffs, even with a terrible D. Jay is going to show why he's a better QB than Rivers. Marshall is going to be a game breaker. Yesterday I was down. Big time. Even earlier today I wasn't confident. Well I am now. I'm confident that we're making the playoffs now, because this is the type of game that these players live for. Jay, Brandon, Eddie, etc... Everyone on our team is going to PROVE that they want it more than the Chargers. Us as fans need to be behind them. There's no reason not to be excited about this game. This is what makes the NFL so great. Any given Sunday. This Sunday belongs to the Broncos!

I really hope you are right about this Mobster.

It would be Uber Awesome if this game ended in a tie!

Shazam!
12-23-2008, 01:23 AM
Don Corleone I will send you a Christmas present if the Broncos win on Sunday.

Italianmobstr7
12-23-2008, 01:32 AM
I really hope you are right about this Mobster.

It would be Uber Awesome if this game ended in a tie!

It would be über awesome if we won by 30!

CrazyHorse
12-23-2008, 01:53 AM
It would be über awesome if we won by 30!
You're right it wouldn't be awesome.
This would be.
Broncos-54 Chargers-0:D
I just think a tie would be really funny though.
There's nothing like the Chargers being 1 point from a playoff berth.

Foochacho
12-23-2008, 02:06 AM
Marshall making me feel more confident on Sunday.

Why did he get some stick em for his hands?:laugh:

Lonestar
12-23-2008, 02:16 AM
As do the chargers they just beat one of the NFC's best and one of the best defenses in the NFL..

They have won must games now for the past few weeks we have not..

They are still pissed about game two that sent them into a tail spin..

Sorry but I see them opening a huge can of ass whoop on us this week..

and our kiddies are gonna fold like $15 tent in a 50MPH wind..

fcspikeit
12-23-2008, 05:48 AM
As do the chargers they just beat one of the NFC's best and one of the best defenses in the NFL..

We beat that same great team Jr,

How good could TB be? They have lost 3 in a row and are not making it to the playoffs.

We lost to one of the NFL's best teams and got upset by the Bills.. No one expected us to beat the Panthers. Are we to believe we have no chance because we lost to a Bills team that has been up and down all year?

Sotally Tober
12-23-2008, 06:05 AM
We beat that same great team Jr,

How good could TB be? They have lost 3 in a row and are not making it to the playoffs.

We lost to one of the NFL's best teams and got upset by the Bills.. No one expected us to beat the Panthers. Are we to believe we have no chance because we lost to a Bills team that has been up and down all year?

The Denver @ Tampa Bay game was good. Denver actually had a running game with Pittman if I recall correctly but it was still really close. We had a good game too where we ended putting up 34 points to your 16 on them. And the Bills, up and down? Are you kidding? They started up but have been down ever since. We lost to them at their peak and you lost to them at their bottom. Face it - Denver's skidding and San Diego is charging. We both control our own destiny and we're shining brighter. Here's to great game on Sunday:beer:

fcspikeit
12-23-2008, 06:31 AM
The Denver @ Tampa Bay game was good. Denver actually had a running game with Pittman if I recall correctly but it was still really close. We had a good game too where we ended putting up 34 points to your 16 on them. And the Bills, up and down? Are you kidding? They started up but have been down ever since. We lost to them at their peak and you lost to them at their bottom. Face it - Denver's skidding and San Diego is charging. We both control our own destiny and we're shining brighter. Here's to great game on Sunday:beer:

The Bills Killed the Chiefs a few weeks ago. The same team you got lucky in beating. Does that mean the bills are better then the Bolts? :confused:

Are we to believe we are skidding because we have lost 2 strait but TB wasn't skidding after also losing 2 strait?

As I said, TB had lost 2 strait before playing you. They got beat down worse by the Panthers then we did, and there other lose came from a team we beat earlier in the year. When we played them they were playing better ball then when they played you. Despite all that, You know as well as I do, the game was a hell of a lot closer then the final score would suggest. You got a couple late scores when they were forcing the ball trying to catch up.

I'm not taking anything away from your win. The Bolts did what they needed to do, The simple fact is that it's only 1 game. That 1 win don't make you any better then us. for that matter, right now we have 1 more win then you. Even if you return the favor and beat us at home we will still both be 8 - 8. How will that make you better then us?

The truth is, if the Broncos beat the Bolts we will have swept you and could clearly be seen as the better team. If SD beats us, we split and have the same record, so all they will have done is shown they are as good as the Broncos...

By the way, the Bolts should win this game. They are favored by more then we were against the Bills.

roomemp
12-23-2008, 08:17 AM
Marshall has really turned things around this season. I love the locker room and on the field leadership he now displays. I think the most impressive thing about Marshal I see is his off the field actions. The guy goes to numberous charity events. He is turning into a class act.

Tned
12-23-2008, 08:31 AM

It isn't about being motivated. I think it is ridiculous to think the players aren't motivated. They are playing for contracts, pro-bowl appearances, in some cases their very roster spots or NFL lives. I think the whole "they didn't want to win" or "they weren't motivated" stuff is overblown and nice forum fodder, rather than anything close to reality.

Instead, we have a YOUNG team, riddled with injiuries. We have been playing with a patchwork defense most of the year, and it was mediocre before the injuries. We have now gone through 7 RBs, one less if you discount Aldridge as not a 'real' RB option. How many teams in NFL history has had that happen?

I disagree on your motivation theory. Do you really think Stokely wasn't motivated to make that catch in the endzone? Do you think that is 'fake' devestation he is showing for dropping the ball (allowing it to be stripped)?

This is a VERY young team, with only a handful of veterans on it, and several of those are special teams veterans.

I see a team that is playing their hearts out, but due to the fact that the pieces keep 'shuffling' as players are moved in and out due to injury, combined with a lack of experience in some cases, and lack of skill in others, are not always playing as good as we would like. However, I don't believe motivation is the problem.

I might be in the minority here, but I am one of the people that does not believe that message board fans are more motivated and want the team in the playoffs more than the actual players.

underrated29
12-23-2008, 12:22 PM
none of that matters. All that matters is that i am making my dip and we are undefeated when that happens.

My almighty dip controls the strings of destiny and not even phillips ugly ass trap can do anything to stop it.

Fear My Dip Chargers.

Lonestar
12-23-2008, 12:34 PM
Marshall has really turned things around this season. I love the locker room and on the field leadership he now displays. I think the most impressive thing about Marshal I see is his off the field actions. The guy goes to numberous charity events. He is turning into a class act.

I'm guessing his is being kept on a pretty short leash during the season. most of his issues in the past were during the off season.. Lets hope that his turn around continues this off season and for ever..

pauld001
12-23-2008, 12:36 PM
The Bills Killed the Chiefs a few weeks ago. The same team you got lucky in beating. Does that mean the bills are better then the Bolts? :confused:

Are we to believe we are skidding because we have lost 2 strait but TB wasn't skidding after also losing 2 strait?

As I said, TB had lost 2 strait before playing you. They got beat down worse by the Panthers then we did, and there other lose came from a team we beat earlier in the year. When we played them they were playing better ball then when they played you. Despite all that, You know as well as I do, the game was a hell of a lot closer then the final score would suggest. You got a couple late scores when they were forcing the ball trying to catch up.

I'm not taking anything away from your win. The Bolts did what they needed to do, The simple fact is that it's only 1 game. That 1 win don't make you any better then us. for that matter, right now we have 1 more win then you. Even if you return the favor and beat us at home we will still both be 8 - 8. How will that make you better then us?

The truth is, if the Broncos beat the Bolts we will have swept you and could clearly be seen as the better team. If SD beats us, we split and have the same record, so all they will have done is shown they are as good as the Broncos...

By the way, the Bolts should win this game. They are favored by more then we were against the Bills.

you may have won the first game on paper but no one really believes that around the league....and if Big Ed had gotten the call right the chargers actually wouldn't have to worry about this game...regardless both teams blow and are undeserving of the playoff's ....was hopeing that the chargers would collapse and we could fire Norv....ohhh well another year underachievment.....

Bronco Bible
12-23-2008, 12:38 PM

Talk is cheap and that is exactly what the chuggers have been doig all season

Denver Native (Carol)
12-23-2008, 12:51 PM
Last night on the Jay Cutler show, Brandon once again sat in for Jay. Here is the video:

http://www.cbs4denver.com/video/?id=50884@kcnc.dayport.com

AND:

http://cbs4denver.com/video/?id=50888@kcnc.dayport.com

Medford Bronco
12-23-2008, 02:06 PM
I love Marshalls enthusiasm, I hope it can carry over to the defense
as they are who worry me the most in this game

Benetto
12-23-2008, 02:47 PM

I am also a realist...SD will make our defense look like we have 6 guys on the field trying to cover and make tackles. 4 linemen and 2 outfielders.

If our Offense can match points and keep the only player in the NFL with a vagina, off the field...We can win this game...but I don't see us driving down the field, scoring at will without turnovers.

fcspikeit
12-23-2008, 10:40 PM
you may have won the first game on paper but no one really believes that around the league....and if Big Ed had gotten the call right the chargers actually wouldn't have to worry about this game...regardless both teams blow and are undeserving of the playoff's ....was hopeing that the chargers would collapse and we could fire Norv....ohhh well another year underachievment.....

Your right, if he had got the call right before blowing the whistle, you guys would have 1 more win handed to you.

The same thing happened in the Eagles cowboys game this year. No one seems to remember that, why does this one keep coming up?

We play in a lousy division, many teams in the past have got to the playoffs because they play in a lousy division. All have earned it because they were on top at the end of the year.

IMO, if you guys beat us you will have earned it. If we can beat you at home we will have earned it..

BroncoWave
12-24-2008, 12:19 AM
Your right, if he had got the call right before blowing the whistle, you guys would have 1 more win handed to you.

The same thing happened in the Eagles cowboys game this year. No one seems to remember that, why does this one keep coming up?

We play in a lousy division, many teams in the past have got to the playoffs because they play in a lousy division. All have earned it because they were on top at the end of the year.

IMO, if you guys beat us you will have earned it. If we can beat you at home we will have earned it..

Because the Chargers fans and players have been MUCH bigger crybabies about it...