PDA

View Full Version : It's not over yet.

UnderArmour
12-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Christ, from most of the posts I've seen they may as well not even go play the game on Sunday. May as well already crown the Chargers division champs, may as well already call them legitimate Super Bowl contenders again. It's bad enough ESPN makes excuses for them every year or dubs them the best team to not win a Super Bowl, the best team to not have a first round bye, the best team to not lead their division, the best team to not have a winning record, the best team to _____.

Believe it or not, the Broncos will take the field this Sunday night against the Chargers. Believe it or not, the Broncos still control their own destiny. We may have 5 RBs on IR, but so what? We may have a shitty defense at times, but so what? We have Jay Cutler. We have Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal. We have Champ Bailey and Dre Bly. We have playmakers, we can win this game. Contrary to what ESPN might say, we can win this game. The Chargers aren't 16-0 material. We've gone into Giant Stadium and the Georgia Dome and won. I don't see why we can't win in Qualcomm. I don't see how all of a sudden everyone expects Norv Turner to outcoach Mike Shanahan.

We can win this football game. Calm down.

jrelway
12-22-2008, 03:16 PM
we lost to a declining bills team with our playoff hopes on the line. at home btw.

BroncoWave
12-22-2008, 03:22 PM
we lost to a declining bills team with our playoff hopes on the line. at home btw.

Exactly. If we're not going to show up at home against a lowly Bills team with the division on the line, why should any of us think they'll show up against a red-hot SD team on the road this week?

Denver Native (Carol)
12-22-2008, 03:26 PM

We lost to a Bills team who had nothing to play for - those can be some of the most dangerous to play

Lonestar
12-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Oh I know why we played so poorly last week we were looking past the bills to play SAN..

That has to be it Right it was a trap game..

Or maybe most of the players and coaches are looking past both games for the off season..

actually our D sucks the running game is below suck.. and our QB is a YO YO..

UnderArmour
12-22-2008, 03:43 PM
Exactly. If we're not going to show up at home against a lowly Bills team with the division on the line, why should any of us think they'll show up against a red-hot SD team on the road this week?

Nobody can predict the Denver Broncos. Nobody. There is no question in my mind that we're capable of winning this football game. Nobody knows until they actually take the damn field, it's getting kind of sad seeing people here who have already crowned the Chargers champions of our division.

MOtorboat
12-22-2008, 03:44 PM
Nobody can predict the Denver Broncos. Nobody. There is no question in my mind that we're capable of winning this football game. Nobody knows until they actually take the damn field, it's getting kind of sad seeing people here who have already crowned the Chargers champions of our division.

Its gone past from week to week, now apparently its quarter to quarter. :rolleyes:

Mike
12-22-2008, 03:45 PM

Well, we do know that they are a one dimensional team with no defense. Does that sound like a recipe for the playoffs?

underrated29
12-22-2008, 03:55 PM
If we had a runningback i would give us a chance. Since we dont (no i dont count bell, young as backs) i say we lose.

Not from lack or heart or plays, but how hard is it going to be to defend a team that will always pass. THE WHOLE GAME.

If they know we arent going to run, they can drop a zone, blitz the f out of us, i dont know, but its not good....IF pope or boyd can go, or even larsen or DJ at RB- then i think we can take them....

broncofaninfla
12-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the optimism. I'm trying just hard to see us being able to score the points we'll need to score to beat the Bolts this weekend. We don't have any RB's left

omac
12-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Oh I know why we played so poorly last week we were looking past the bills to play SAN..

That has to be it Right it was a trap game..

Or maybe most of the players and coaches are looking past both games for the off season..

Come on, man. In the 8 games where Pittman, Torain, or Hillis scored at least 1 TD, we won 7 of them and scored pretty well, too, with 1 game in the 40s, 4 games in the 30s, and 2 games in the 20s. Our red zone was pretty good too.

It's tough to pass against a team set up for the pass. Our D does suck, but not as much as they used to earlier in the year. We're on our 6th starting RB, and Jay just put in a 359 yard passing, 30 yard rushing, 2 rushing TD and 1 INT performance against a team set up to stop the pass.

This team is hurting from the injuries to the RB position. Pittman did not suck and neither did Hillis when they were healthy. Torain played well, but he got injured again, so most likely, he won't be durable enough to start in the NFL.

Every week another player gets injured. This team has been doing all it can to win, despite all the injuries. They deserve better than that.

MasterShake
12-22-2008, 04:43 PM
I for one can not wait for Sunday night. I was pretty bummed when I went to bed last night, but something tells me the Broncos may just smack them in the mouth on their home field. Hell, it happened to us, and I still believe we are the better team when it comes right down to it. Cutler/Rivers is a great rivalry that extends beyond their perspective teams.

Screw it, I'll make a prediction. Denver 35 San Diego 28.

I don't care anymore. I love my Broncos too much to think that they are gonna roll over and die. Maybe this is the kind of game they need to grow up a little bit.

That being said, I am very impressed with how SD has held tough this year. Regardless, I hope we kick their teeth in.

omac
12-22-2008, 04:48 PM
I for one can not wait for Sunday night. I was pretty bummed when I went to bed last night, but something tells me the Broncos may just smack them in the mouth on their home field. Hell, it happened to us, and I still believe we are the better team when it comes right down to it. Cutler/Rivers is a great rivalry that extends beyond their perspective teams.

Screw it, I'll make a prediction. Denver 35 San Diego 28.

I don't care anymore. I love my Broncos too much to think that they are gonna roll over and die. Maybe this is the kind of game they need to grow up a little bit.

That being said, I am very impressed with how SD has held tough this year. Regardless, I hope we kick their teeth in.

I don't think the Broncos will roll over; I don't think they'll win, but I know they'll at least go down fighting. I'm hoping for some semblance of a rushing offense to keep the defense honest.

underrated29
12-22-2008, 04:49 PM
hey now that pope and young are on IR....I think we got a chance.

That gives us bell (who shanny will not give carries too) and boyd- who has never run in the NFL, but i already like him more than bell.

He pushes his legs. Doesnt just move them like bell.

We got a runningame again folks.

PS--I AM MAKING THE DIP. After the game last night i bought double all the ingredients i need. We are going all out on this. So, with a running game and my dip- we cannot be defeated.

ikillz0mbies
12-22-2008, 04:52 PM
We lost to a Bills team who had nothing to play for - those can be some of the most dangerous to play

Exactly, just look back at the 49ers game a couple of years ago.

Medford Bronco
12-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Christ, from most of the posts I've seen they may as well not even go play the game on Sunday. May as well already crown the Chargers division champs, may as well already call them legitimate Super Bowl contenders again. It's bad enough ESPN makes excuses for them every year or dubs them the best team to not win a Super Bowl, the best team to not have a first round bye, the best team to not lead their division, the best team to not have a winning record, the best team to _____.

Believe it or not, the Broncos will take the field this Sunday night against the Chargers. Believe it or not, the Broncos still control their own destiny. We may have 5 RBs on IR, but so what? We may have a shitty defense at times, but so what? We have Jay Cutler. We have Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal. We have Champ Bailey and Dre Bly. We have playmakers, we can win this game. Contrary to what ESPN might say, we can win this game. The Chargers aren't 16-0 material. We've gone into Giant Stadium and the Georgia Dome and won. I don't see why we can't win in Qualcomm. I don't see how all of a sudden everyone expects Norv Turner to outcoach Mike Shanahan.

We can win this football game. Calm down.

Have you watched this defense all season:eek::confused:

We have every reason to be concerned.

Maybe We actually play a turnover fee game. Happens once in a blue moon, maybe at Atlanta:confused: last one.

The Chargers just put up 41 at Tampa whose defense compared to ours looks like the 1985 Bears.

We should be upset becuase we laid a BIG time egg at home nonetheless where we used to be unbeatable (2005 and before for the most part)

Unless Slowbrain has a labotomy, this team will give up 30 to SD.

Maybe Culter has another Cleveland game in him, lets hope so, but I am not very confident really

omac
12-22-2008, 05:09 PM

I agree, because then, they'll be playing for pride; nothing to lose, and glory for the win.

On a similar note, week 17, the most dangerous team will be .... the Lions ... just kidding. :D

sacmar
12-22-2008, 05:23 PM
Under armor i'm with ya bro......no one in my house has given up %$%# yet. Is this how we wanted to be sitting the last week...no. But we're here let's deal with it. Everyone on the team is supposidly do upset then come together get fired up and for at least one game beat the chargers. The chargers were a joke a couple of weeks back and now all of the sudden bronco fans are under thier sheets shaking scared. If we loose then i'll cry but we still got a game to play the offseason will be there when we get there, why is everyone in such a hurry. I hope the team isn't dwelling on this loss and giving up like most fans are, after this week if yea a kinda big if but if we win there's still not much room to celebrate cause then we're in another tough game, that most will say we wont win either. At least some of us are staying on the couch win or loose the rest can go root for the giants if being a loyal fan and loosing now and again is too tough. Nice to see some of us can be optomistic no matter what. There already enough nay sayers out there without our own fans joining them. Are we the greatest team hell no, but is it my team, hell yes. Get mad that people are talking shit, stop joining them. The offseason gives plenty of time for all that.

Medford Bronco
12-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Under armor i'm with ya bro......no one in my house has given up %$%# yet. Is this how we wanted to be sitting the last week...no. But we're here let's deal with it. Everyone on the team is supposidly do upset then come together get fired up and for at least one game beat the chargers. The chargers were a joke a couple of weeks back and now all of the sudden bronco fans are under thier sheets shaking scared. If we loose then i'll cry but we still got a game to play the offseason will be there when we get there, why is everyone in such a hurry. I hope the team isn't dwelling on this loss and giving up like most fans are, after this week if yea a kinda big if but if we win there's still not much room to celebrate cause then we're in another tough game, that most will say we wont win either. At least some of us are staying on the couch win or loose the rest can go root for the giants if being a loyal fan and loosing now and again is too tough. Nice to see some of us can be optomistic no matter what. There already enough nay sayers out there without our own fans joining them. Are we the greatest team hell no, but is it my team, hell yes. Get mad that people are talking shit, stop joining them. The offseason gives plenty of time for all that.

ITs called a reality check. .I want Denver to win but its not likely.

it has nothing to do with being a loyal fan, please. :rolleyes: Been a fan for 27 years and will be one until i die. that does not mean we are just going to put on our http://www.maximumeyewear.com/productfolder/aviator-sunglasses/colored-frame-aviator-sunglasess/orange-lens-aviator-glasses.jpg and go la-la-la-la-la
the world is great la-la-la-la look at our defense that made Edwards look like Joe Montana and Tom Brady la-la-la

All is great in the world on Broncoland. Lets all skip to never- never land
http://www.juegomania.org/Disneys+Peter+Pan:+Return+to+Never+Land/fotos/gbadvance/0/117_c/Caratula+Disneys+Peter+Pan:+Return+to+Never+Land.j pg

ready to get flamed by some and congratulated on a honest assesment by others.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-22-2008, 05:37 PM

As Jay said after last night's game ''If, at the beginning of the year, someone would have told us that we would be playing San Diego in the last game of the year for Division Champ - WE WOULD HAVE TAKEN IT"

Mike
12-22-2008, 05:40 PM
What would we say if we were told that we had a 3 game division lead with 3 left to play?

Medford Bronco
12-22-2008, 05:42 PM
What would we say if we were told that we had a 3 game division lead with 3 left to play?

He would have said we should finish the job asap.

but wait..........:mad:

sorry cant be optomistic today, maybe by Wednesday after the sour taste gets out of my mouth from that pathetic performance in the 2nd half against Tom Brady,,,I mean Edwards

Lonestar
12-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Come on, man. In the 8 games where Pittman, Torain, or Hillis scored at least 1 TD, we won 7 of them and scored pretty well, too, with 1 game in the 40s, 4 games in the 30s, and 2 games in the 20s. Our red zone was pretty good too.

It's tough to pass against a team set up for the pass. Our D does suck, but not as much as they used to earlier in the year. We're on our 6th starting RB, and Jay just put in a 359 yard passing, 30 yard rushing, 2 rushing TD and 1 INT performance against a team set up to stop the pass.

This team is hurting from the injuries to the RB position. Pittman did not suck and neither did Hillis when they were healthy. Torain played well, but he got injured again, so most likely, he won't be durable enough to start in the NFL.

Every week another player gets injured. This team has been doing all it can to win, despite all the injuries. They deserve better than that.

I was jesting except for the last part..

Next time I'll press the sarcasm button..

Ziggy
12-22-2008, 06:47 PM
I don't care if the Broncos have no defense. I don't care that San Diego has owned us for the most part in recent years. I don't care that the only reason the Broncos won the first meeting at home was because of a bad call. The Broncos have a shot at winning this game.

For all those of you who have given up on this game before it even starts, the Nuggets have a winning record. You might want to go watch them play. Well that is until they are in desperate straights and the playoffs look like a longshot. Then you can jump ship on that team too.

For the rest of you that believe we can win this game, enjoy it Sunday night. We may win and we may lose, but at least we didn't quit on our team when the going got tough, and we got the most out of our Broncos season.

Mike
12-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Oh joy, it is the I'm a better fan than you argument. Sweet. :beer:

Doubting that the Broncos will win doesn't mean we don't want them to win. :rolleyes:

Ziggy
12-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Oh joy, it is the I'm a better fan than you argument. Sweet. :beer:

Doubting that the Broncos will win doesn't mean we don't want them to win. :rolleyes:

That's fine. If the Broncos do pull off the upset this week, I'm guessing that you'll just talk about how they are going to get killed in the playoffs. I may or may not be a better fan than you. I really don't care. I choose optimism over giving up on my team before they take the field. I've done that for the 36 years that I've been rooting for the Broncos. You cheer your way and I'll cheer mine. :beer:

Mike
12-22-2008, 07:08 PM
That's fine. If the Broncos do pull off the upset this week, I'm guessing that you'll just talk about how they are going to get killed in the playoffs. I may or may not be a better fan than you. I really don't care. I choose optimism over giving up on my team before they take the field. I've done that for the 36 years that I've been rooting for the Broncos. You cheer your way and I'll cheer mine. :beer:

Good for you...usually I would be right there with you. Nobody is on you for being an optimist. So get off those who are realists. ;)

I don't think there is one member here, besides blah blah blah, who want Denver to lose. Believing and accusing someone of being a band-wagon fan because they don't expect their team to win is rather childish though.

Lonestar
12-22-2008, 07:25 PM
I don't care if the Broncos have no defense. I don't care that San Diego has owned us for the most part in recent years. I don't care that the only reason the Broncos won the first meeting at home was because of a bad call. The Broncos have a shot at winning this game.

For all those of you who have given up on this game before it even starts, the Nuggets have a winning record. You might want to go watch them play. Well that is until they are in desperate straights and the playoffs look like a longshot. Then you can jump ship on that team too.

For the rest of you that believe we can win this game, enjoy it Sunday night. We may win and we may lose, but at least we didn't quit on our team when the going got tough, and we got the most out of our Broncos season.

Your not the Ziggy from freaks that everyone was telling me about, where is the real Ziggy?

BroncoWave
12-22-2008, 07:44 PM

See, this is where I think you have things confused. Mike, I, and everyone else will be cheering exactly the same way on Sunday, we'll all be cheering our tails off for the Broncos to win. Just because many of think we are going to lose doesn't mean that we don't want the Broncos to win just as badly as you do.

Ziggy
12-22-2008, 07:56 PM
Your not the Ziggy from freaks that everyone was telling me about, where is the real Ziggy?

Never went on the freaks website. As for the real Ziggy, who knows. :D

pnbronco
12-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Hey Med, first start with this...:bath: then get a some of this....:popcorn: a little of this....:drinking: or this ...:shots: I will be doing a lot of this....:pray:.

omac
12-22-2008, 09:26 PM
I was jesting except for the last part..

Next time I'll press the sarcasm button..

Yeah man, sorry, I'm a little too touchy. :cheers:

Tned
12-22-2008, 11:28 PM
Good for you...usually I would be right there with you. Nobody is on you for being an optimist. So get off those who are realists. ;)

I don't think being an optomist and realist about Sunday's game is mutually exclusive.

Last time I checked, the Broncos had a better record than SD and has the number two offense in the league, gaining nearly 400 yards a game.

Yes, the team is decimated with injuries, but for some of us the fact they are 8-7, while putting 7 RBs on IR, along with 10 or so other players, and the fact they have started around 12 rookies this year at various times, is an amazing accomplishment.

I believe that the Broncos have a very good shot at winning on Sunday, and once your in the playoffs, anything can happen, especially if that offense can get back on a roll.