PDA

View Full Version : Romo in 2012?

BroncoBully
10-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Maybe the cowboys cut or trade him? I'd definately take Romo over our current QB situation. He may make bonehead plays at times but at least he can be exciting to watch sometimes. What say you?

Northman
10-09-2011, 10:26 AM
No.

BroncoBully
10-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Ill forgive you because your avatar picture

BroncoJoe
10-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Dear God.

silkamilkamonico
10-09-2011, 10:30 AM
I'd take Ryan Fitzpatrick over our current QB's, but that doesn't mean I actually want him.

chazoe60
10-09-2011, 10:32 AM
He's more athletic than Orton. He's a much better all around QB than Orton, but he sucks in crunch time just like Orton. So I think I'd pass on that one.

We'll be drafting our franchise QB, Unless Tebow comes in and proves he's the guy. Either way we'll be moving forward at tye QB position by 2012. I just wish we'd start that forward movement now, pretty stupid putting it off.

Tned
10-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Dear God.

You called?

Oh, you wanted my opinion.

Me no. (you might be more familiar in the third person form of -- God no.)

Northman
10-09-2011, 10:34 AM
Ill forgive you because your avatar picture

:lol:

Seriously though, no.

Getting Romo would just be making a lateral move to what we have now in Orton. If Romo played for Denver our situation would be the same in its current state.

BroncoBully
10-09-2011, 10:36 AM
:lol:

Seriously though, no.

Getting Romo would just be making a lateral move to what we have now in Orton. If Romo played for Denver our situation would be the same in its current state.

romo is 122 times better then orton. Yah I would take the next "Great QB" through the draft over romo but those are hard to find.

atwater27
10-09-2011, 10:38 AM
With the right coaching, Romo would be elite.

Ravage!!!
10-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Romo is MUCH MUCH better than Orton....but at the same time he has much better WRS in Dallas and still isn't getting it done. It would be better than a lateral move, but what are you gaining that would justify the trade rather than draft?

The Cowboys aren't trading Romo

Northman
10-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Romo is MUCH MUCH better than Orton....but at the same time he has much better WRS in Dallas and still isn't getting it done. It would be better than a lateral move, but what are you gaining that would justify the trade rather than draft?

I dont think so honestly. While you would pick up a more mobile QB you also pick up a QB more prone to turnovers than Orton. Both QB's suck when it matters most. Denver needs to start fresh with either Tebow or draft a QB but they need to find a guy that is going to be in the upper eschalon of QB's. Settling for mediocre lower end gunslingers isnt going to get it done.

CoachChaz
10-09-2011, 11:14 AM
With the right coaching, Romo would be elite.

Im about to agree with you.

Imagine the situation Romo is in. Playing QB for the peskiest owner, on the most popular team in the game, behind a line with fewer combined years in the league than he has.

Im forced to watch them every week and I agree. I think Romo could be a top 5 QB in the right scenario. Dallas isnt a good scenario for any QB lately

BroncoWave
10-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Orton is not in Romo's league. Calling that a lateral move is comical. Now I don't want us to go after Romo, but he is certainly better then Orton.

jlarsiii
10-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Orton is not in Romo's league. Calling that a lateral move is comical. Now I don't want us to go after Romo, but he is certainly better then Orton.

No, he is not. He chokes in crunch time just like Orton. Absolutely no different...

For example vs Detroit he throws 3 second half picks including 2 pick-sixes to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. How is that better?

underrated29
10-09-2011, 11:38 AM
No, he is not. He chokes in crunch time just like Orton. Absolutely no different...

For example vs Detroit he throws 3 second half picks including 2 pick-sixes to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. How is that better?

Romo wins football games. I am willing to bet his stats are better than Ortons in pretty much every category.

No GM in the league would trade Romo for Orton. You would have to throw in picks/players with orton too. Or in other words. If a GM had a choice between Orton and Romo. Romo would get picked EVERYTIME!

Northman
10-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Romo wins football games. I am willing to bet his stats are better than Ortons in pretty much every category.

Not by much. :lol:

Romo:

39-22

Orton:

39-29

DenBronx
10-09-2011, 01:34 PM
If anyone wants him it will be Shanahan.

And yes I could see Dallas and Washington in a trade.

Dont really want him in Denver.

BroncoBully
10-09-2011, 02:05 PM
I don't think anyone here is trying to say romo is the best in the biz. I was stating that if dallas continues their trend he may be available after the season and he would then become our best bet, unless we go draft.

I really dont see how people bring stats into this, we as fans of a team that has orton's great stats should know better. I don't go by stats I go by performance on the field. Bringing up Dallas' game last week is pointless, anyone with half a ? knows that loss to detroit was on the coaching. If you are up 27-3 at any point in the game you should not have anything more than a screen pass coming from your QB, at least untill the game is within 10 points. romo shouldn't have been put in any of those situations last week.

Oh yeah, romo plays when hurt. Orton is out when he thinks he is hurt.

BroncoStud
10-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Romo is 1,000 times the QB Orton will ever be, but he isn't elite. If he was cut then I would be happy to sign him but no way do you give Dallas picks for him.

BroncoStud
10-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Not by much. :lol:

Romo:

39-22

Orton:

39-29

Kyle Orton is 33-33 for his career, .500, average, not 39-29. Romo is doing much better statistically and in win/loss.

DenBronx
10-09-2011, 02:19 PM
I don't think anyone here is trying to say romo is the best in the biz. I was stating that if dallas continues their trend he may be available after the season and he would then become our best bet, unless we go draft.

I really dont see how people bring stats into this, we as fans of a team that has orton's great stats should know better. I don't go by stats I go by performance on the field. Bringing up Dallas' game last week is pointless, anyone with half a ? knows that loss to detroit was on the coaching. If you are up 27-3 at any point in the game you should not have anything more than a screen pass coming from your QB, at least untill the game is within 10 points. romo shouldn't have been put in any of those situations last week.

Oh yeah, romo plays when hurt. Orton is out when he thinks he is hurt.

So lets say Dallas trades Romo. Then what are they going to do? Draft a QB in middle to late of round 1? Will they want to go with a rookie AND get rid of Romo? No, they would probably keep Romo and draft a QB in round 2.

Why can't we just draft a QB early? Why settle for Orton or any other mediocre QB? Why not just continue the youth movement here and build through the draft?

DenBronx
10-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Kyle Orton is 33-33 for his career, .500, average, not 39-29. Romo is doing much better statistically and in win/loss.

Jerry Jones also open his pocket for playmakers on both sides of the field.

Northman
10-09-2011, 02:22 PM

Actually, Orton is 32-29. I gave him too many wins initially. But no, Romo is not that much better. Again, while Romo is more mobile and can make a play here and there what you saw last week and vs the Jets is why Romo is average.

Lancane
10-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Tony Romo is a quarterback of some quality, and a much better quarterback then Orton...the problem is that he's getting ready to turn 32, he's got maybe another four years left in him, five at most. And I could see the appeal to Coach Fox, he's rather fond of veteran quarterbacks.

The problem is that the fans may not except him, in the eyes of the fan base he'd be another temporary solution instead of the team making an effort to develop their own franchise quarterback - it was an issue for Plummer, it's an issue for Orton as well...and it's not just a problem for Denver quarterbacks as well, a lot of people in Minnesota were not happy that the team signed Favre nor were a fair number of Jets fans before that, I've heard much the same about McNabb. Fans want their own Brady, Manning, Rivers and so on, the only people to successfully be excepted in that light are people like Brees and Schaub, look at Vick in Philadelphia, he's starting to wear out his welcome there and people are starting to hope that Young can surpass him already.

If finding a franchise quarterback was as hard as it was in the 70's and 80's, then I would say it would be a smart move while developing a young quarterback...but in the modern era? When franchise quarterbacks are far easier to find? I don't like the move.

BroncoBully
10-09-2011, 02:25 PM
So lets say Dallas trades Romo. Then what are they going to do? Draft a QB in middle to late of round 1? Will they want to go with a rookie AND get rid of Romo? No, they would probably keep Romo and draft a QB in round 2.

Why can't we just draft a QB early? Why settle for Orton or any other mediocre QB? Why not just continue the youth movement here and build through the draft?

Depending on how old he looks in the future, I think Dallas has a guy(Kitna still on the team?)lol on the roster competent enough to get the job done for a short while.

It all depends on what pick we end up with, but even then with so many other important positions to fill they have to, have have have to give the guy a shot first, the one they used a 1st round pick on 2 years ago.

BroncoStud
10-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Actually, Orton is 32-29. I gave him too many wins initially. But no, Romo is not that much better. Again, while Romo is more mobile and can make a play here and there what you saw last week and vs the Jets is why Romo is average.

North, This is Orton's win/loss record.

2005: 10-5
2006: Benched
2007: 2-1
2008: 9-7
2009: 8-7
2010: 3-10
2011: 1-3

Total: 33-33

People can no longer say he is a "winner"... He is average now for his career.

Northman
10-09-2011, 03:17 PM
North, This is Orton's win/loss record.

2005: 10-5
2006: Benched
2007: 2-1
2008: 9-7
2009: 8-7
2010: 3-10
2011: 1-3

Total: 33-33

People can no longer say he is a "winner"... He is average now for his career.

Not according to this. Either way, neither QB is that great.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/O/OrtoKy00.htm

BroncoStud
10-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Not according to this. Either way, neither QB is that great.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/O/OrtoKy00.htm

North, that site isn't counting 2011. He's 1-3 this year as a starter.

33-33 :laugh:

Northman
10-09-2011, 03:21 PM
North, that site isn't counting 2011. He's 1-3 this year as a starter.

33-33 :laugh:

My bad, im not paying complete attention as im watching the games. Doesnt change my stance. They both suck ballz.

BroncoStud
10-09-2011, 03:26 PM
My bad, im not paying complete attention as im watching the games. Doesnt change my stance. They both suck ballz.

North, Romo is a good QB but he's a choke. Orton is a bad QB who is a choke, Romo would make us a LOT better. I doubt Dallas gets rid of him though. Jerry Jones has a chubby for Romo.

Northman
10-09-2011, 03:29 PM
North, Romo is a good QB but he's a choke. Orton is a bad QB who is a choke, Romo would make us a LOT better. I doubt Dallas gets rid of him though. Jerry Jones has a chubby for Romo.

So we are in agreement that chokers suck. Does this team no good to have a choker no matter what level.