PDA

View Full Version : For all of the marbles

pumpdoc
12-22-2008, 10:57 AM
I can just imadgine what it must be like to see the elevator going down on the Broncos as the Charger elevator passes them by on the way up.:cool:

MasterShake
12-22-2008, 11:18 AM
I can just imadgine what it must be like to see the elevator going down on the Broncos as the Charger elevator passes them by on the way up.:cool:

Thats ok, we are just going down to the floor where we keep our Super Bowl trophies. Your next stop? The floor with the tissues and tampons.

GEM
12-22-2008, 11:29 AM
I can just imadgine (?) :laugh: what it's like to have a team so chock full of talent and still end up at the best 500 for a season. Or how a team that has all these fancy names "The best to" has really never done much of anything. I can just imadgine :lol: how it feels to be a fan of any SD team. Can't even sellout a home playoff game til 30 min before the game.

Funny how you just show up now....where you been the rest of the season.

Typical Sparkler....shows up and thumps his chest when it looks like his team could do something. Nowhere to be seen the rest of the time.

BoltsOwnU
12-22-2008, 01:00 PM
I can just imadgine (?) :laugh: what it's like to have a team so chock full of talent and still end up at the best 500 for a season. Or how a team that has all these fancy names "The best to" has really never done much of anything. I can just imadgine :lol: how it feels to be a fan of any SD team. Can't even sellout a home playoff game til 30 min before the game.

Funny how you just show up now....where you been the rest of the season.

Typical Sparkler....shows up and thumps his chest when it looks like his team could do something. Nowhere to be seen the rest of the time.

Typical Bronco fan, dishes but can't take it. Always with smoke and mirrors when the truth hurts.

GEM
12-22-2008, 01:04 PM
Typical Bronco fan, dishes but can't take it. Always with smoke and mirrors when the truth hurts.

Can take it just fine if ya'll were here all season dishing it instead of just showing up when your team has a glimmer of hope.

Coincidence that prior to yesterday's loss you hadn't been around on a regular basis this season? But now that your team has a shot, you're here posting all over the place in the smack forum.

BoltsOwnU
12-22-2008, 01:24 PM
Can take it just fine if ya'll were here all season dishing it instead of just showing up when your team has a glimmer of hope.

Coincidence that prior to yesterday's loss you hadn't been around on a regular basis this season? But now that your team has a shot, you're here posting all over the place in the smack forum.

You guys make it easy. I don't troll mindlessly. But when you fail to walk the walk when you've all been talk talk tlaking, don't blame me for calling you on it. AND, I've been around. I predicted your slide many weeks ago and never backed away from that prediction. I'm here talking about YOUR team. Don't sweat it, jury is still out on my Bolts but that will get put to the test this coming Sunday.

underrated29
12-22-2008, 01:32 PM
at least you guys have a running back.

You better pray that pope stay injured and we dont promote boyd from the practice scquad. Because if we go into the game with tatum, and young we have already lost.

I would seriously, consider moving DJ williams to Runningback and putting Wes woodyard at WLb this game, instead of bell and young, if i was broncos brass.

6rbs down in one season- thats got to be a record.

GEM
12-22-2008, 01:41 PM
You guys make it easy. I don't troll mindlessly. But when you fail to walk the walk when you've all been talk talk tlaking, don't blame me for calling you on it. AND, I've been around. I predicted your slide many weeks ago and never backed away from that prediction. I'm here talking about YOUR team. Don't sweat it, jury is still out on my Bolts but that will get put to the test this coming Sunday.

Not showing up doesn't count as backing it. ;)

BoltsOwnU
12-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Not showing up doesn't count as backing it. ;)

Not showing up? Don't be a dunderhead. I started the damn thread myself and kept at it until it strayed off topic. Then as my prophecy came to pass, I revived it. So I was right. What? Do I have to make 50 posts a day up until the point that there can be no disputing that Denver did its annual slide as I predicted? :rolleyes: Sorry, I have a life too. You really can't take it can you? It's a shame.

I said your team lacked talent, courage, heart, determination, and leadership. I started a thread that said your slide seemed to be starting. Well, you slid. I was right. Get over it. Snivelling doesn't suit you.

GEM
12-22-2008, 05:14 PM
Not showing up? Don't be a dunderhead. I started the damn thread myself and kept at it until it strayed off topic. Then as my prophecy came to pass, I revived it. So I was right. What? Do I have to make 50 posts a day up until the point that there can be no disputing that Denver did its annual slide as I predicted? :rolleyes: Sorry, I have a life too. You really can't take it can you? It's a shame.

I said your team lacked talent, courage, heart, determination, and leadership. I started a thread that said your slide seemed to be starting. Well, you slid. I was right. Get over it. Snivelling doesn't suit you.

Kept at it also until your team was down 3 games in the division. Coincidence?

For what you say the Broncos lack, you could just take out Broncos and insert Chargers and it would still hold true. The difference being that your team is full of 3-5 year veteran leaders and my team is full of drafted and undrafted rookies stepping up. I'd say thumping your chest doesn't suit you, but well....it does, you do it alot.

Poet
12-22-2008, 05:21 PM
You guys make it easy. I don't troll mindlessly. .

Don't become a liar now.

LRtagger
12-22-2008, 05:25 PM
I can only imagine what it must be like to drive that beast of a 250hp mustang. You must pull tons of ass in that thing.

BoltsOwnU
12-22-2008, 05:27 PM
Kept at it also until your team was down 3 games in the division. Coincidence?

For what you say the Broncos lack, you could just take out Broncos and insert Chargers and it would still hold true. The difference being that your team is full of 3-5 year veteran leaders and my team is full of drafted and undrafted rookies stepping up. I'd say thumping your chest doesn't suit you, but well....it does, you do it alot.

It was never about my team, it was about YOUR team. And I was spot on. thinking you can say the same thing about the Bolts is pure fantasy. As for the rest of your excuses, sad. No one is stepping up in Denver, least of all Cutler. Just a reflection of the franchise.:coffee:

GEM
12-22-2008, 05:45 PM
It was never about my team, it was about YOUR team. And I was spot on. thinking you can say the same thing about the Bolts is pure fantasy. As for the rest of your excuses, sad. No one is stepping up in Denver, least of all Cutler. Just a reflection of the franchise.:coffee:

I guess you just aren't getting it. Your team was EXPECTED to be the talk of the town this season. The Broncos weren't. We exceeded expectations, while the Sparklers let not only their fans down, but the entire broadcasting community. We all had it shoved down our throats how talented you were. The last few seasons is a great reflection of your franchise. There but easily forgotten. I'd be knocking on Denver too if I were a Chargers fan. We're so pathetic in your eyes but your team has been on the bottom of us looking up all season. What's that make you?

BoltsOwnU
12-22-2008, 06:55 PM
I guess you just aren't getting it. Your team was EXPECTED to be the talk of the town this season. The Broncos weren't. We exceeded expectations, while the Sparklers let not only their fans down, but the entire broadcasting community. We all had it shoved down our throats how talented you were. The last few seasons is a great reflection of your franchise. There but easily forgotten. I'd be knocking on Denver too if I were a Chargers fan. We're so pathetic in your eyes but your team has been on the bottom of us looking up all season. What's that make you?

You've exceeded expectations? Not according to what I usually read here. Besides, last I checked, the season lasts 17 weeks. You mean to tell me that you all just figured, "hey, we've EXCEEDED our expectations, lets just lay down for the rest of the season"?!? Its basically what this franchise does, year after year. SO, I predicted this season would be like all your others of late, underwhelming and marked by total lack of guts. I was right. :coffee:

GEM
12-22-2008, 07:15 PM
You've exceeded expectations? Not according to what I usually read here. Besides, last I checked, the season lasts 17 weeks. You mean to tell me that you all just figured, "hey, we've EXCEEDED our expectations, lets just lay down for the rest of the season"?!? Its basically what this franchise does, year after year. SO, I predicted this season would be like all your others of late, underwhelming and marked by total lack of guts. I was right. :coffee:

BOU...you talk like the Sparklers have been on the top of their game for the last 10 years or something. 3 years buddy. 3 years. And in that time, no Super Bowl appearances. So how bout we chuck the 'Our franchise is holier than thou' act. Your wonderful franchise has a losing all time record against ALL teams in the division. How bout taking care of that issue before puffing your chest hairs in our direction. ;) MMMKay.

Lack of guts? :lol: That would be a team that was said to be one of the best in the league putting out a 7-9 season. Lack of heart? That would be a team who has never given their fans anything of value. Lack of leadership? That would be losing one guy and your whole defense falls apart. God forbid if your pansy defense lost 7 guys in the same position. Hell they would be worse than they already are. :coffee:

BoltsOwnU
12-22-2008, 07:37 PM
BOU...you talk like the Sparklers have been on the top of their game for the last 10 years or something. 3 years buddy. 3 years. And in that time, no Super Bowl appearances. So how bout we chuck the 'Our franchise is holier than thou' act. Your wonderful franchise has a losing all time record against ALL teams in the division. How bout taking care of that issue before puffing your chest hairs in our direction. ;) MMMKay.

Lack of guts? :lol: That would be a team that was said to be one of the best in the league putting out a 7-9 season. Lack of heart? That would be a team who has never given their fans anything of value. Lack of leadership? That would be losing one guy and your whole defense falls apart. God forbid if your pansy defense lost 7 guys in the same position. Hell they would be worse than they already are. :coffee:

Pay attention. This is not a glass house throwing stones. This is simply me drawing accurate and solid conclusions about your team, which is and has been dismal for several years, excluding one anomalous year (for both teams in 05). Trying to say that I can't point out how pathetic your franchise is, accurately, simply because in your narrow view we should have all but dominated the NFL every year since '04, is pretty feeble.

I'm not puffing anything out at you love. I'm simply stating truths that frankly, your fellow mods and members are echoing in other threads. I guess they do not suffer from the myopia of a homer.

GEM
12-22-2008, 07:57 PM
Pay attention. This is not a glass house throwing stones. This is simply me drawing accurate and solid conclusions about your team, which is and has been dismal for several years, excluding one anomalous year (for both teams in 05). Trying to say that I can't point out how pathetic your franchise is, accurately, simply because in your narrow view we should have all but dominated the NFL every year since '04, is pretty feeble.

I'm not puffing anything out at you love. I'm simply stating truths that frankly, your fellow mods and members are echoing in other threads. I guess they do not suffer from the myopia of a homer.

The fact is I haven't at all said we were the best in the league this year. If you go back through my posts over the past season you will find that I have said what we have accomplished this year is pretty impressive because of what we are working with. So there is no homer myopia with me, I see the Broncos for what they are. But I also see the Chargers for what they are.

I can't speak for others on this board and I don't try to cover their opinions. You speak the truth, but can't handle the truth. In your head, the Chargers are something special because they are doing something they have never done before, put continuously successful seasons together. Your meager 3 years in the big picture is nothing, especially when you consider that in none of those 3 years did you even get to the Super Bowl. Pot meet kettle, homer.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-22-2008, 08:23 PM

You are right - we can't say the same thing about the Bolts as this: And, oh by the way, you can now move both Pope and Young to IR, along with the other 5 running backs on IR. And Cutler is not stepping up?????????? Over 4,000 yards passing this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/den/injuries

Injuries
Player Status Injury
P. Pope RB Day-to-Day Hamstring
S. Young RB Day-to-Day Pinched nerve
R. Clady T Questionable Ankle
V. Fox S Questionable Concussion
C. Kuper G Questionable Hand
B. Stokley WR Questionable Foot
C. Bailey CB Questionable Groin
S. Larsen RB Questionable Groin
J. Bell CB Probable Thigh
M. Haggan LB Probable Knee
M. Manuel S Probable Hamstring
B. Marshall WR Probable Hip/thigh
M. McCree S Probable Ankle
K. Paymah CB Probable Groin
D. Robertson DT Probable Knee
D. Williams LB Probable Knee/shoulder
Injured Reserve
Player Status Injury
E. Shepherd WR IR Left leg/knee
A. Alridge RB IR Left foot
T. Nalen C IR Knee
C. Russell WR IR Sprained neck
B. Bailey LB IR Left knee
P. Ramsey QB IR Right elbow
E. Pears T IR Appendectomy
A. Hall RB IR Left hand
M. Pittman RB IR Neck
R. Torain RB IR Left knee
N. Jackson TE IR Right hamstring
J. Shaw DT IR Left elbow
P. Hillis RB IR Torn right hamstring

dogfish
12-23-2008, 05:28 AM

too bad your elevator never goes all the way to the top. . .

guess that's just a sparklers fan's lot in life. . . :lol:

pumpdoc
12-28-2008, 11:51 PM
too bad your elevator never goes all the way to the top. . .

guess that's just a sparklers fan's lot in life. . . :lol:
Ding!! top floor.:cool:

bengaaaaals1688
12-29-2008, 12:32 AM
Ding!! top floor.:cool:

Top floor is SB.

Sotally Tober
12-29-2008, 01:04 AM
Top floor is SB.

Well then we're on the way. The Donks' elevator just sort of fell three stories and it ain't goin' nowhere.

bengaaaaals1688
12-29-2008, 01:09 AM
Well then we're on the way. The Donks' elevator just sort of fell three stories and it ain't goin' nowhere.

You're on your way, but it's not gonna make it... The Colts are about to hit the emergency stop button as we speak.

Sotally Tober
12-29-2008, 01:15 AM
You're on your way, but it's not gonna make it... The Colts are about to hit the emergency stop button as we speak.

The Colts, in the Playoffs, at home, at night, after nine wins, the favorites for the Superbowl, the most potent offense in the league lately, AND Cover two approach to defense. Buddy, The Chargers wouldn't have it any other way. In all seriousness, Indy is going to lose on Saturday.

CutlerzPoutyFace
12-29-2008, 01:59 AM
Thats ok, we are just going down to the floor where we keep our Super Bowl trophies. Your next stop? The floor with the tissues and tampons.

Mastershake! I leave for a bit and you've been naughty again!!!

Dude, the guy's holding his kids on his lap and his team just tore your shit to shreds, do you really think he's worried about talks of tampons?

Now, turn on Mamma Mia and get back on the e-harmony website. Your dating season has begun, and I got a feeling, unlike your football season, that you might get lucky this time!!!!

Sincerely,
CutlerzPoutyFace

P.S. Do you think Tatum can get me a good deal on a cell phone when he gets back to the Verizon shop?

CutlerzPoutyFace
12-29-2008, 02:02 AM
The Colts, in the Playoffs, at home, at night, after nine wins, the favorites for the Superbowl, the most potent offense in the league lately, AND Cover two approach to defense. Buddy, The Chargers wouldn't have it any other way. In all seriousness, Indy is going to lose on Saturday.

Only a Roethlisburger led offense at Pittsburgh worries me on the AFC side this year...

P.S. Here's a good pic from Cutler's draft day:
http://a1259.g.akamai.net/f/1259/5586/1d/images.art.com/images/-/Ringo-Starr-Print-C10305636.jpeg

CutlerzPoutyFace
12-29-2008, 02:07 AM

Good gracious. BOLTOWNU kungfu is strong...

CutlerzPoutyFace
12-29-2008, 02:11 AM
The fact is I haven't at all said we were the best in the league this year. If you go back through my posts over the past season you will find that I have said what we have accomplished this year is pretty impressive because of what we are working with. So there is no homer myopia with me, I see the Broncos for what they are. But I also see the Chargers for what they are.

I can't speak for others on this board and I don't try to cover their opinions. You speak the truth, but can't handle the truth. In your head, the Chargers are something special because they are doing something they have never done before, put continuously successful seasons together. Your meager 3 years in the big picture is nothing, especially when you consider that in none of those 3 years did you even get to the Super Bowl. Pot meet kettle, homer.

Two superbowl rings long ago, have exactly what impact on a team now?

Forget Homer, try the Odyssey because that's what you'll need to re-structure the players your team needs...

bengaaaaals1688
12-29-2008, 12:48 PM

So the Chargers are happy to be playing against what is possibly the hottest team in the league let alone the AFC?? That makes perfect sense.:rolleyes:

Fact is that the Colts have stepped their game up to a level the Chargers haven't been at in at least a year, maybe even 2, and Peyton Manning is forcing wins out of that team. The only time the Colts are getting beat is probably the AFC Championship game, if not the SB.

bengaaaaals1688
12-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Only a Roethlisburger led offense at Pittsburgh worries me on the AFC side this year...

Yeah... Be worried about one of the worst offenses that made the playoffs n the AFC... Good plan.:rolleyes:

Sotally Tober
12-29-2008, 09:21 PM
So the Chargers are happy to be playing against what is possibly the hottest team in the league let alone the AFC?? That makes perfect sense.:rolleyes:

Fact is that the Colts have stepped their game up to a level the Chargers haven't been at in at least a year, maybe even 2, and Peyton Manning is forcing wins out of that team. The only time the Colts are getting beat is probably the AFC Championship game, if not the SB.

You're right, I doubt the players want to face Indy on this streak but nonetheless they have to. Last night they were physical. The offensive line didn't let the Broncos stop the run. They have to do that again. Good run blocking, like we had last night, is the key to any great running game so if the Oline steps up and pushes around some Indy defenders we get a good running game going and that allows Rivers to use our oh-so-amazing screens and play-actions and we in the end score more points and win. Rivers has to protect the ball, which I believe he will. Sproles will be called upon to do great things and he certainly will perform (beware the screen to Sproles; it's almost a guaranteed TD). As far as our defense. We can't let Manning get comfortable, not at all! We must sack him; we must fight with everything we've got to get pressure on Peyton Manning. That might mean he tears us apart over the middle cause we offer too many man-to-man situations and that could prove disastrous but we still have to at least try. We also have to jam and play their recievers like the stars they are. Gonzales could be one hell of a weapon and Wayne is a Pro Bowler. Clark will get very favorable matchups and Manning will execute but we can prevent this by making sure he can't even think about Clark and putting the pressure on him. Cromartie is a major liability but so is Harrison so those two should line up. It would be a once great HOFer vs. a dud and of course that doesn't sound too good. In the end our defense has to step up, even more than they did last night, cause really our offense will put up the points to beat the Colts.

bengaaaaals1688
12-29-2008, 10:20 PM
You're right, I doubt the players want to face Indy on this streak but nonetheless they have to. Last night they were physical. The offensive line didn't let the Broncos stop the run. They have to do that again. Good run blocking, like we had last night, is the key to any great running game so if the Oline steps up and pushes around some Indy defenders we get a good running game going and that allows Rivers to use our oh-so-amazing screens and play-actions and we in the end score more points and win. Rivers has to protect the ball, which I believe he will. Sproles will be called upon to do great things and he certainly will perform (beware the screen to Sproles; it's almost a guaranteed TD). As far as our defense. We can't let Manning get comfortable, not at all! We must sack him; we must fight with everything we've got to get pressure on Peyton Manning. That might mean he tears us apart over the middle cause we offer too many man-to-man situations and that could prove disastrous but we still have to at least try. We also have to jam and play their recievers like the stars they are. Gonzales could be one hell of a weapon and Wayne is a Pro Bowler. Clark will get very favorable matchups and Manning will execute but we can prevent this by making sure he can't even think about Clark and putting the pressure on him. Cromartie is a major liability but so is Harrison so those two should line up. It would be a once great HOFer vs. a dud and of course that doesn't sound too good. In the end our defense has to step up, even more than they did last night, cause really our offense will put up the points to beat the Colts.

The biggest problem, IMO, is going to be getting the pressure on Manning. The OL has stepped up again, and I don't think your defense has stepped it up to a high enough level to get to Manning. I think it may be a good game, but with all due respect, I don't see the Chargers pulling it out. Good luck to you guys, though. At least you made it to the playoffs.:salute:

Sotally Tober
12-30-2008, 08:01 AM
But thier D line is tiny, by league standards, and I think we could handle them. I think if we get physical with those guys (yeah, I know we're talking about Freeny and Mathis) we'll get the lanes for LT and get a running game but then Sanders could spoil that so we have to make sure Sanders isn't in the box by showing Indy our passing attack.

Northman
12-30-2008, 08:07 AM
San Diego has a chance if 1) they can run the ball and 2) get pressure on Manning. If they can do those two things they have a great shot.

bengaaaaals1688
12-30-2008, 11:28 AM
San Diego has a chance if 1) they can run the ball and 2) get pressure on Manning. If they can do those two things they have a great shot.

The second one of those things is a lot easier said than done, however, and I think is what will be the biggest reason the Chargers lose.

ST... Keeping Sanders out of the box is like saying you don't want players on the field... He likes that box, and he's one of those Safeties who can sit in the box and then get into a deep zone before anyone gets back there on him.

Sotally Tober
12-30-2008, 12:03 PM
The second one of those things is a lot easier said than done, however, and I think is what will be the biggest reason the Chargers lose.

ST... Keeping Sanders out of the box is like saying you don't want players on the field... He likes that box, and he's one of those Safeties who can sit in the box and then get into a deep zone before anyone gets back there on him.

Well he is coming off an injury so maybe he'll be slow or something. He's not superhuman, just really, really good. We can make him move back and block him just as any other safety - it'll just be a lot more difficult. Maybe LT will give him a nice stiff arm every once in a while.

bengaaaaals1688
12-30-2008, 12:39 PM
Well he is coming off an injury so maybe he'll be slow or something. He's not superhuman, just really, really good. We can make him move back and block him just as any other safety - it'll just be a lot more difficult. Maybe LT will give him a nice stiff arm every once in a while.

Always a good thing to hope for, if Sanders didn't get injured so often there wouldn't even be an argument for who the best safety in the league is, IMO.

Sotally Tober
12-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Always a good thing to hope for, if Sanders didn't get injured so often there wouldn't even be an argument for who the best safety in the league is, IMO.

No, no, no it's Ed Reed. It has been and will be Ed Reed for a while. Dawkins is great and so is Troy Polamaulu. Sanders falls in after that.

bengaaaaals1688
12-30-2008, 12:47 PM
No, no, no it's Ed Reed. It has been and will be Ed Reed for a while. Dawkins is great and so is Troy Polamaulu. Sanders falls in after that.

I'd give it to Ed Reed, but he doesn't play in run support well enough to be #1, IMO. Dawkins is severely underrated, especially in the major media outlets, and I think Polamalu is a little overrated. Great player who can do most everything at least at an above average level, but some people overrate things he can do.

My contention with Sanders is that he doesn't get as much credit as I believe he would because he gets injured so often. When he is on the field, that defense is completely different from what you see otherwise, they have more heart, more determination, make more and better plays, etc. Sanders can also do everything just as well as anyone else, he may not cover as well as Reed, but he plays the run better than I think any of the top safeties, and he can cover with everyone besides Reed. He doesn't get the top spot because of his injury problem, but if he didn't have that injury bug, I fully believe he'd be the top safety.

Gamechanger
12-30-2008, 01:00 PM
the chargers are a sheep in wolves clothing, i don't believe in your hype, in fact I call bs on everything

you know what neutralizes an explosive passing offense? a monster pass rush, that is one thing that has not been spoken on, as i said, they WILL miss Fairyman in the playoffs because sure they have been getting the blitz pressure and turnovers but excluding the Raiders, i have yet to see any QB get rattled under center, and I highly doubt that you will rattle Manning and he will rip a new one in that 31st ranked pass defense, havent you heard it before? you blitz Manning and he WILL make you pay? expect that if your blitz schemes are your pass rush; the chargers will have to find that one catalyst against Manning OR they will lose saturday

yea yea yea i heard it before, we can't stop the run, yea, ok......we haven't been able to stop any run because we had no anchor on D, that is until we found two in the mid season when we started our win streak, watch for #99, Antonio Johnson and #90, Daniel Muir, on our D-Line, they are our stout run stoppers also, Sanders may be coming off an injury but he is still dangerous and he will lay Complanians ass out if he wants to do lil tip toe cut backs, he's done it before

Tiny D-Line? sure but I'm callin BS, your O-Line isn't a power running line anymore, it's more finnesse to me, I give a damn what you did to Oakland, Tampa and Denver, they don't have any physicallity on their D-Line at all, you can have 3 pro-bowl offensive lineman, we got two pro-bowl book-ends at DE that WILL scare Rivers shit-less if he's on that high, and its well known that we don't just sack, we force fumbles too

our DBs are small and your WRs are tall, it could be a mismatch on both sides imo, we don't play that 15 yds. off shit, we will challenge our assaignments and you may get a few receptions or two but we will also get a few breakaways and possibly a turn-over, our team is built to stop the big plays on the pass, so don't expect a 50 yard reception, it just won't happen

as for our WR match-ups to your DB match-ups, this isn't good on your behalf, we may not have "deep threats" but we do have elusive route runners that can trip up your DBs in making the wrong move or jump at the ball, and it doesn't help that Manning can make a DB his own puppet, and i'll make it simple, your pass defense is about the same class as playing a game of "wheres waldo?"

if we can churn at least 3.8 ypc on the ground i'll be tickled pink, everyone knows we can't run and i'm not denying it

its going to be a shoot-out and it's going to be a lot of points, I'm thinking it will be like the playoff game we had against the chiefs in '03 but if one D forces the other to pun then i believe that one who punts will lose

Sotally Tober
12-30-2008, 01:42 PM
the chargers are a sheep in wolves clothing, i don't believe in your hype, in fact I call bs on everything

you know what neutralizes an explosive passing offense? a monster pass rush, that is one thing that has not been spoken on, as i said, they WILL miss Fairyman in the playoffs because sure they have been getting the blitz pressure and turnovers but excluding the Raiders, i have yet to see any QB get rattled under center, and I highly doubt that you will rattle Manning and he will rip a new one in that 31st ranked pass defense, havent you heard it before? you blitz Manning and he WILL make you pay? expect that if your blitz schemes are your pass rush; the chargers will have to find that one catalyst against Manning OR they will lose saturday

Well, this is the Playoffs and we have that "everything is new" mindset with Rivera at the helm so I'm expecting more pressure. I think Williams is the key here - you gotta double team him which is going to let someone else get through and all we have to do is keep Manning worried. We've proven that Peyton Manning forced to step up = bad for us but Manning looking a little nervous = bad for you. But you're right we won't win the battle in the trenches and we won't be in the backfield enough to really change the game so yeah when he's out there Manning will rip the secondary to shreds and put up big points. I think he makes a few mistakes though and that allows Rivers to score more.

yea yea yea i heard it before, we can't stop the run, yea, ok......we haven't been able to stop any run because we had no anchor on D, that is until we found two in the mid season when we started our win streak, watch for #99, Antonio Johnson and #90, Daniel Muir, on our D-Line, they are our stout run stoppers also, Sanders may be coming off an injury but he is still dangerous and he will lay Complanians ass out if he wants to do lil tip toe cut backs, he's done it before

Tiny D-Line? sure but I'm callin BS, your O-Line isn't a power running line anymore, it's more finnesse to me, I give a damn what you did to Oakland, Tampa and Denver, they don't have any physicallity on their D-Line at all, you can have 3 pro-bowl offensive lineman, we got two pro-bowl book-ends at DE that WILL scare Rivers shit-less if he's on that high, and its well known that we don't just sack, we force fumbles too

Here is where we win the game. We've got our running offense back. Granted Oakland, KC, Tampa Bay, and Denver but it's there; I swear it is. If we played just one of those teams before our "run of Playoff teams" we probably would have ran better. The Oline is just playing different and Norv isn't being to predictable. We'll see for sure though on Saturday. But if we can get physical we'll be able to at least handle the Dline and linebackers enough to get something of a running game going and then we really get rolling. If we have that running attack we'll control the time of possession and in a game that is certain to be close that will give us the win. This is going to be a game where he who has the ball last wins - we'll make sure of it.

Our DBs are small and your WRs are tall, it could be a mismatch on both sides imo, we don't play that 15 yds. off shit, we will challenge our assaignments and you may get a few receptions or two but we will also get a few breakaways and possibly a turn-over, our team is built to stop the big plays on the pass, so don't expect a 50 yard reception, it just won't happen

Jackson, Chambers, Gates, Sproles, Hester. That is our passing attack and it will be on fire come Saturday - count on it. There's a reason Philip Rivers, who had to face some very tough secondaries, has such a high rating - these receivers are good and your DB's are relatively unknown. Rivers is money, whether it's short (be wary of the screen to Sproles; it's pretty much a guaranteed TD) intermediate, or long. So I do believe there will be one big play but it might just come off a little dump-off to a 5'6 little tank.

as for our WR match-ups to your DB match-ups, this isn't good on your behalf, we may not have "deep threats" but we do have elusive route runners that can trip up your DBs in making the wrong move or jump at the ball, and it doesn't help that Manning can make a DB his own puppet, and i'll make it simple, your pass defense is about the same class as playing a game of "wheres waldo?"

Yes and no. I think Manning will find his main man in Gonzales and probably make mincemeat of Cromartie. He's terrible and Manning will want to pick on the guy so Cro should line up in nickel at best. I can see Cason making big plays behind the first down marker when Manning so chooses to go there. But for Jammer - he's a lot better than people think. He's really stepped up but yeah it's a 31st ranked pass defense so of course he ain't that good. Still I see our DB's making plays in this game, Manning or not.

if we can churn at least 3.8 ypc on the ground i'll be tickled pink, everyone knows we can't run and i'm not denying it

It'll be more than 3.8. We can't tackle but it won't be enough to win the game. You just won't have the running attack.

its going to be a shoot-out and it's going to be a lot of points, I'm thinking it will be like the playoff game we had against the chiefs in '03 but if one D forces the other to pun then i believe that one who punts will lose

Exactly. This will go down to the wire so even ST comes into play. We're great at it so Sproles should be giving us great field position all night and we've been told, by Colts players, your kick/punt coverage once again ain't so great so maybe we'll even score or almost score a ST TD. It'll be close and maybe even come down to yet another missed field goal but I'm confident the Bolts, playing like they are now, can knock off Indy and I think they will.

Exactly

Sotally Tober
01-04-2009, 05:30 AM
Well, this is the Playoffs and we have that "everything is new" mindset with Rivera at the helm so I'm expecting more pressure.easy call but one nonetheless I think Williams is the keyTHE WALL was money in run stopping here - you gotta double team him which is going to let someone else get through and all we have to do is keep Manning worried.Exactly how it went. We've proven that Peyton Manning forced to step up = bad for us but Manning looking a little nervous = bad for you. But you're right we won't win the battle in the trenches and we won't be in the backfield enough to really change the game so yeah when he's out there Manning will rip the secondary to shreds and put up big points.14 BIG points in fact I think he makes a few mistakes though and that allows Rivers to score more. Better believe he did, can't handle too much pressure

LT isn't in. Sproles isn't LT.

Here is where we win the game.DAMN STRAIGHT! We've got our running offense back. Granted Oakland, KC, Tampa Bay, and Denver but it's there; I swear it is. If we played just one of those teams before our "run of Playoff teams" we probably would have ran better. The Oline is just playing different and Norv isn't being to predictable. even when he was it was a winning TDWe'll see for sure though on Saturday. But if we can get physical we'll be able to at least handle the Dline and linebackers enough to get something of a running game going and then we really get rolling. If we have that running attack we'll control the time of possession and in a game that is certain to be close that will give us the win. This is going to be a game where he who has the ball last wins - we'll make sure of it.OT, need I say more?

Jackson, Chambers, Gates, Sproles, Hester. That is our passing attack and it will be on fire come Saturday - count on it. Jackson was super-covered but I was dead on about the restThere's a reason Philip Rivers, who had to face some very tough secondaries, has such a high rating - these receivers are good and your DB's are relatively unknown. Rivers is money, whether it's short (be wary of the screen to Sproles; it's pretty much a guaranteed TD)Colts listened, gave too much away intermediate, or long. So I do believe there will be one big play but it might just come off a little dump-off to a 5'6 little tank.

Yes and no. I think Manning will find his main man in Gonzales and probably make mincemeat of Cromartie. Oh, how right I wasHe's terrible and Manning will want to pick on the guy so Cro should line up in nickel at best. I can see Cason making big plays behind the first down marker when Manning so chooses to go there. But for Jammer - he's a lot better than people think. He's really stepped up but yeah it's a 31st ranked pass defense so of course he ain't that good. Still I see our DB's making plays in this game, Manning or not. Weddle certainly did

Running attack from Colts

It'll be more than 3.8. We can't tackle but it won't be enough to win the game. You just won't have the running attack. told ya!

Game going down to the wire

Exactly. This will go down to the wire so even ST comes into play. Sci-fi comes throughWe're great at it so Sproles should be giving us great field position all night and we've been told, by Colts players, your kick/punt coverage once again ain't so great so maybe we'll even score or almost score a ST TD.No, replace Sproles' name with Mike Scifres though and I'm dead on. It'll be close and maybe even come down to yet another missed field goal but I'm confident the Bolts, playing like they are now, can knock off Indy and I think they will. NUF SAID

Exactly

BUMP! Just call me Nostradamus. (Edits in bold)

pumpdoc
01-11-2009, 07:49 PM
THUD!!!! the elevator just fell to the bottom.:tsk:

broncobryce
01-11-2009, 08:02 PM

Where it always does in San Diego:laugh:

Northman
01-11-2009, 08:06 PM
What a great evening. Justice.

KCL
01-11-2009, 08:11 PM
I was actually cheering for the Bolts....The Steelers turned it on in the second half and SD fell apart.I do have to say that PI call in the EZ that put the Steelers at the 1 yard line was a piss poor call...other than that SD couldn't stop them once they got going.

I will be hoping for AZ to go all the way now!

Northman
01-11-2009, 08:12 PM
I was actually cheering for the Bolts....The Steelers turned it on in the second half and SD fell apart.I do have to say that PI call in the EZ that put the Steelers at the 1 yard line was a piss poor call...other than that SD couldn't stop them once they got going.

Meh, the roughing the passer was BS too so it washes out. SD turned the ball over and couldnt contain Pitt's running attack. and that was their downfall.

Broncolingus
01-11-2009, 08:15 PM
I was not going for the Chargers in this game...or any game actually.

Nice Personal Foul call, though, on the sidelines...

...THAT'S now become Charger football.

Congrat's PIT!

KCL
01-11-2009, 08:18 PM
SD turned the ball over and couldnt contain Pitt's running attack. and that was their downfall.

I know...I watched the game...:rolleyes:

KCL
01-11-2009, 08:20 PM
I was not going for the Chargers in this game...or any game actually.

Nice Personal Foul call, though, on the sidelines...

...THAT'S now become Charger football.

Congrat's PIT!

yea that call sure didn't help....guess it didn't hurt either as they were
getting too far behind.;)

Broncolingus
01-11-2009, 08:21 PM
I know...I watched the game...:rolleyes:

Smartasses...THEY'RE GREAT!

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/tony-the-tiger---frosties.jpg

KCL
01-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Smartasses...THEY'RE GREAT!

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/tony-the-tiger---frosties.jpg

I know....had to give North a little bit of shit for that comment...:laugh:

Gamechanger
01-11-2009, 08:28 PM
no matter how much they tried

Sandy Eggo will only be a .500 team

Bronco Bible
01-11-2009, 08:33 PM

How about when one of the almighty Steeler linebackers drove Rivers into the ground & the Steeler d-line was going at Rivers legs (early in the game) the Raven-Steeler game should be clean & above board;)

broncogirl7
01-11-2009, 09:59 PM
What a great game to watch the Chargers get the spanking they deserved.
My favorite part was watching that pansy Rivers getting slammed head first in the end zone. Priceless!

Shazam!
01-11-2009, 10:57 PM
The clock has struck 12. The Carriage has turned back into a pumpkin. The beautiful dress has been changed back into rags.

SD is back home again where they belong. Every year they win the AFC West and lose in the Playoffs is another failure. Playoff losses are hard to swallow, we in Denver know it well. Especially when it is year after year, when you are touted as Super Bowl contenders year after year.

How many of these recent years has SD endured? How many postseason defeats must they have? It seems like it is every year that SD loses in the Playoffs. In the end, sure, they beat Denver. Sure, they won the Division that Denver choked away. In the end, they won one more game than the Broncos, but still finished .500, like Denver. So, I guess it was true, that SD like the Broncos, were contender imposters and didn't belong.

Ironically, the night that Chargers fans are bitterly cleansing the fresh wounds of defeat and the AFC Championship games are set, the Denver Broncos are in the headlines for selecting their new Head Coach. That is good.

The Chargers are a franchise in futility, knowing nothing but huge disappointment. They've never won anything other than in the old AFL, yet they act like they are god's gift to the AFC with their cocky arrogance. This has rubbed off on their jerkass fans (not all of them.) Many of them seem to believe that the Lamar Hunt Trophy is their entitlement each and every year now. Their best player LT is a whiner and a bitch, and he's running out of time and getting older. He'll never be as dynamic as he was before. Every year SD falls on it's face, is another year that another AFC West team can come up and take it next year.

The best day in Broncos history was beating the Packers in Super Bowl XXXII, in the Chargers Stadium.

SD sucks Bronco ?!@#.

MasterShake
01-11-2009, 11:02 PM

At least your elevator didn't get stuck with 3 games...er, floors left to go! :mad:
:laugh:

I don't care, the Broncos would have got creamed anyway. Hopefully next year the AFC West will be feared again.

KCL
01-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Hopefully next year the AFC West will be feared again.

I agree...The AFCW needs to get to rocking like the good ole days!

bengaaaaals1688
01-12-2009, 12:27 AM

I disagree... Weddle essentially tackled Holmes (or was it Washington??) at the end of that...

KCL
01-12-2009, 12:31 AM
I disagree... Weddle essentially tackled Holmes (or was it Washington??) at the end of that...

We must be thinking of different plays cause the replay showed no contact that could be PI.

bengaaaaals1688
01-12-2009, 12:32 AM
We must be thinking of different plays cause the replay showed no contact that could be PI.

The deep pass that had the WR end up in essentially double coverage, that ended with the Steelers getting stuffed at the foot line??

KCL
01-12-2009, 12:33 AM
The deep pass that had the WR end up in essentially double coverage, that ended with the Steelers getting stuffed at the foot line??

BS call by the refs! :rolleyes:

bengaaaaals1688
01-12-2009, 12:44 AM
BS call by the refs! :rolleyes:

Hmm... I must have missed something because I saw that as a PI the whole way.

KCL
01-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Hmm... I must have missed something because I saw that as a PI the whole way.

Well I suppose we all see things different ways.

bengaaaaals1688
01-12-2009, 01:10 AM
Well I suppose we all see things different ways.

And anyway different from my way is the wrong way.:D :tongue: