PDA

View Full Version : A little Cutler positivity

MOtorboat
12-22-2008, 10:17 AM
OK, I'm not usually the one trying to be positive around here, but I'm going to try this week.

Jay Cutler is now fifth all-time for Career Passing Yards for the Denver Broncos, with 8,708, with the one game remaining (Fourth is Jake Plummer at 11,631). He's obviously got a long way to go to be No. 1, but he will be No. 2, if he continues the 280 yards per game, by the 10th game next season.

Yardage-wise, he already has set the single-season record with his 4,210 yards. I believe, if my math is right, and it sometimes isn't, he passed the old record at the 12:40-mark of the fourth quarter on the 36-yard pass to Scheffler. Plummer held the old record of 4,089, which he set in 2004.

His 447 yard performance against Cleveland tied him with Frank Tripucka for the third-best yardage performance of any Bronco quarterback in a single game.

He is sixth in career passing attempts with 1,171. He is on pace to tie John Elway's 605 attempts in the 1985 season, which is the most in team history. Through 15 games, he's already second. He's already fifth all-time in career completions with 729. He will pass Craig Morton some time early next season. His 351 completions is already No. 1 for a season, passing Elway's 348 in 1993. He is on pace to have 375 completions this season.

His 62.3 career completion percentage is second all-time behind Hugh Millen. His 61.9 percent completion rate this season is ninth. Last year's performance was third.

He has thrown 53 touchdowns, which is fifth on the Broncos career touchdown list. He passed Charley Johnson for fifth against Carolina. His 24 touchdowns ties Frank Tripucka for the sixth best performance in team history. Hopefully he can tie John Elway at 25 or 26 next week.

All of that, and he is 10th in interceptions all time, and the 16 he's thrown this year wouldn't even get on the single-season list.

broncofaninfla
12-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Once the kid grows up, stops keying in on one receiver and stops letting little things rattle and get under his skin, I feel he is going to a great one for us.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Cutler is a great quarterback. He's just a gun slinger. We'll have to go with the ups and downs. Look at how potent our offense is (besides some of the turnovers and struggles getting seven inside like yesterday) -- if we had half a defense we'd be way better. Great thread bro. Favre > Cutler . . . #94 Elway.

MOtorboat
12-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Great thread bro.

And...

Favre > Cutler . . . #94 Elway.

:tsk:

claymore
12-22-2008, 10:22 AM
For a 3rd year QB with no running game... I couldnt be happier... Unless we had a running game. and Defense.

claymore
12-22-2008, 10:23 AM
Cutler is a great quarterback. He's just a gun slinger. We'll have to go with the ups and downs. Look at how potent our offense is (besides some of the turnovers and struggles getting seven inside like yesterday) -- if we had half a defense we'd be way better. Great thread bro. Favre > Cutler . . . #94 Elway.

Now im serious about your grandmas car. Hee ya now. get out of here.

CoachChaz
12-22-2008, 10:24 AM
His decisions and mistakes come with the territory. As stated, he is a "gunslinger" and there will be bad to come with the good. Just compare his first 3 seasons with that of Favre or Elway and I'm pretty happy. Once he gets to a point where he takes charge of the game, he's going to blow up.

Ziggy
12-22-2008, 11:02 AM
We've just seen a sample of how good Cutler is going to be IMO. Right now he has to try to win every game by himself. He can't play not to lose. He has to win the game. If he doesn't, our defense and/or special teams will lose it. When Cutler can play the game like a QB should be able to play it, he's going to add a couple of Lombardi's to Bowlens trophy case.

jrelway
12-22-2008, 11:20 AM
get jay a running game and the mistakes will drop. same situation elway was delt with before Terrell Davis.